[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welcome to the Apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: mad-max-book-of-eli.jpg (290 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
mad-max-book-of-eli.jpg
290 KB, 1440x900
Can anyone recommend me a system with a post-apocalyptic setting that is not Apocalypse world? I talked to my players about what setting they preferred and they agreed on post-apocalyptic, but the Apocalypse world system wouldn't fit our group. If it would help as a group we've only ever played D&D 5e. I'm familiar with a few more systems but overall we're pretty new to the whole roleplaying thing.

I guess also post-apocalypse art thread.
>>
>>
What exactly are you looking for for your Post-Apocalyptic system?
>>
>>47337835
Twilight 2000 and its sequel, Twilight 2013, are really good post-apoc systems. It's Stalker, it's Mad Max, it's The Road. It's a lot of things rolled into one and it works great.

Apocalypse World is garbage and you're right to avoid it.
>>
File: shack.jpg (51 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
shack.jpg
51 KB, 736x414
>>47337935

I guess a D&D-ish game in terms of complexity, I can handle more crunch but my players certainly can't (they barely handle 5e ffs)

As for setting >>47337958 sounds pretty good, I'll check it out. Thanks anon.
>>
If anyone is interested here's a link to Twilight 2013 rules
https://mega.co.nz/#F!ugMmVYAQ!CDHErWXMd_btiNJVZ5-I1A

If there's no interest tho I guess I'll just let the tread die
>>
>>47337835
The Morrow Project. Have fun.
>>
>>47337835
Wait, wait... Book of Eli was in the same universe as Mad Max?
>>
>>47338244
Which edition would you recommend anon?
>>47338251
It's just a fan theory. One that I like quite a lot.
>>
>>47337996
>I guess a D&D-ish game in terms of complexity, I can handle more crunch but my players certainly can't (they barely handle 5e ffs)
Check out Barbarians of the Aftermath. It's a splat for Barbarians of Lemuria (Conan the RPG) made for post-apoc fun. It's pretty good.

>>47337958
This anon is suggesting a crunch-heavy mathslog, which is probably going to be a big negative for your players. BoL is really, really simple compared to even D&D.
>>
>>47337835
What languages do you speak, OP?

Mutant: Undergångens Arvtagare exists only in Swedish. Mutant: Year Zero exists in English, but I can't vouch for the quality.

Neuroshima exists in Polish, and the setting sounds awesome, but I don't speak Polish, so I can't vouch for that either.
>>
>>47338437
Yeah, I think you might be right. Thanks for the input.
>>47338865
English and my tiny Eastern European language with no RPG scene. I have basic understanding of German and most slavic languages but not enough to read and properly understand rules.
>>
If you're not going to do apocalypse world, but still want light rules take a look at Atomic Highway. Its free, not too crunch heavy, still has some meat to it.

If everyone is interested in map-combat you could use Savage Worlds, its not very complicated, generic and pulpy heroic.

>>47338437 Barbarians of the Aftermath is a good option too.
>>
Except there is literally nothing wrong with Apocalypse World. Except I can see you play DnD so your taste is pretty much automatically shit. Why don't you adapt 5e for post apocalypse and end up with some garbage ass home brew that you'll lap up anyway because it means you get to keep playing your precious DnD and not try a different system you fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>47340022
>anon, failing to get any bites in the other threads, attempts to work his wiles here
>>
You can also try Degenesis as its pretty simple rule set and the setting is fucking amazing.
>>
>>47340022
My friend, you are either terribly failing at reading comprehension or are a troll. If you are the latter, then I'd give you a solid 3/10, gathered some responses.

As for everyone else, thank you for your input, you helped a lot. I am going to bed now, feel free to hijack the thread for whatever your hearts desire.
>>
>>47338437
>Twilight 2013
>Mathslog

I'm sorry you failed 5th grade arithmetic, anon, but that's no reason to spread lies about games to unsuspecting people.
>>
>>47340687
So what you're saying is that OP's group, who are claimed to "barely handle 5e", will have no problem with T13.

I take issue with your post.
>>
>>47338244
I too am interested in this. Which edition is the one to go with?
>>
>>47338865
>Neuroshima

Finally a reason to learn polish. Where can I grab the pdfs?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.