[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: 40kekgeneral.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40kekgeneral.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Age of spam edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: sadnurglemarine.jpg (206 KB, 900x636) Image search: [Google]
sadnurglemarine.jpg
206 KB, 900x636
This thread has been infected.
>>
File: CrimsonFistsColourScheme.jpg (114 KB, 400x577) Image search: [Google]
CrimsonFistsColourScheme.jpg
114 KB, 400x577
>>47335012
This thread has been tactically nuked with its own missiles.
>>
File: a_planet_of_viruses.png (283 KB, 386x412) Image search: [Google]
a_planet_of_viruses.png
283 KB, 386x412
>>47335087
This pleases Grandfather. His plague pollinates the entire sector.
>>
File: LEGION AND WARBAND TACTICS.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
LEGION AND WARBAND TACTICS.pdf
1 B, 486x500
What up, made another revision to the Chaos Legion and Warband Tactics. Done some balancing after some playtests, and added two new Lords of War at the end for Slaaneshi and Tzeentchian players.

Included in this document are:

>God-specific Warlord Traits Tables
>God-Specific Relics
>"Chapter Tactics" for all the Chaos Legions, in addition to the more famous Chaos Renegades such as the Red Corsairs, Flawless Host, The Purge, The Cleaved, The Scourged, etc.
>Unique units for some Legions
>Two Lords of War for Tzeentch and Slaanesh players.

Read it, play it, enjoy it, criticize it. Just let me know what you guys think.
>>
I summon thee, Space 0din! Let us begin the Chant of glorious Tier-2.5 Orks. To do this, we must all chant the magic spell to summon our lord and savior ov da' waaagh!!!

'ERE WE GO!'ERE WE GO!'ERE WE GO!'ERE WE GO!'ERE WE GO!'ERE WE GO!

SPACE 0DIN. Give us news regarding new ork decurions!
>>
>>47335148
>soul blaze warlord trait
Welp, at least now I don't have to read the rest of this shit.
>>
>>47335148
Thousand Sons not being able to take cultists is pretty stupid, man, no offense
>>
>>47335186
The fact that he acknowledges that at initiative S:8 AP:2 shouldn't be in the game and then includes it anyways is a pretty big turn-off.

That his codex essentially makes all orks Twin-Linked for the entire game is pretty bonkers.
>>
>>47335148
I like the Warlord traits and the relics. The Legion tactics seem pretty weak. Considering point costs and the built in weaknesses of the codex, it doesnt change much competitively, but adds a bit of flavor - which is great.

Ive been using my HH NL army vs 40k armies. The HH RoW are significantly stronger than what you've created - and I still get worked by competitive 40k armies.

It's pretty cool though, stick with it.
>>
>>47335148
Why did you make entirely new super heavies instead of just updating the older ones like the Silver Tower and the Slaanesh crab knight?

Why is the Tzeentch walker costed at 777 points?
>>
>>47335148
>Slaanesh walker only gets to harness 2 warp charge a turn
>Rending on a S:10 AP:1 weapon
>>
Reposting this list with a few changes. Going to be going to a tournament next month so I am dusting off my version of Super Friends.
This will be my first time using the Space Wolves Start Collecting formation but I think its special rule allowing a unit to give up shooting to be able to run and still charge. This should almost garuntee quick assaults.
There is a limit of three fliers but I doubt I could deal with one effectively, though I think I could run from the creatively.

1850 Super Friends

Ravenwing Strike Force:

Interrogator-Chaplain - 160
>Mace of Redemption, Bike

Techmarine - 110
>Servo-Harness, Power Axe, Bike

Ravenwing Command Squad - 250
>5 BKs, RW Banner, Apothecary

Darkshroud - 80

Ravenwing Bike Squad - 120
>2 Grav Gun, Combi Grav, Melta Bomb

Space Wolves "Deathpack" (Start Collecting)

Wolf Lord - 195
>Black Death, Storm Shield, Thunderwolf

Thunderwolf Cavalry - 340
>4 TWC, 4 TH/SS

Grey Hunters - 230
>9 Hunters + Pack Leader, 2 Meltagun, 1 Combi Melta, Drop Pod

White Scars Librarius Conclave

3 Level 2 Librarians on Bikes - 110ea
>One has The Hunter's Eye which is 20pts

1825/1850

This list is for an upcoming tournament. I wanted to try the Space Wolves formation for quick run charges with the TWC and Lord. The Ravenwing with the Librarians will be followed by the Darkshroud to keep their 2+ Jink.

Everything but the Deathstars are expendable but that's only two units + the Darkshroud so it may not be saying much.

The goal is to bring the pain quick and almost instantly arrive at his side of the table and after enough threats are dealt with run around and play the mission with my superior speed.

I took off the Ass Cannon from the Darkshroud and gave the Grey Hunters a pod instead of a rhino. I am 15 points away from a 6th Black Knight. 25 points can be a lot to play with.

Thoughts?
>>
Will a hardware store carry magnets of acceptable size?

I'm about to run out, and don't want to wait for shipping.
>>
File: 1428384182316.jpg (1 MB, 1632x2160) Image search: [Google]
1428384182316.jpg
1 MB, 1632x2160
I'll ask there too.

Do we have an empty template for the 40k dataslate?

I would like to make a few special units/characters for my Campaigns and i want them to look good.
>>
>>47335287
>instead of just updating the older ones like the Silver Tower and the Slaanesh crab knight?

Because I was unaware those things existed.
>>
>>47335270
>at initiative S:8 AP:2

The Tau get at-initiative S10 AP1, but at the cost of only one attack and on a shitty WS2 crisis suit frame.

So yeah, that's a little ridiculous.
>>
>>47335188
They're not all supposed to be amazing. Some of the Warlord Traits have to be a little weaker than others.

>>47335261
But Thousand Sons, as a Legion, fight with pretty much straight-up Rubricae after the invasion of the Fang. They use Cultists, but not in offensive operations except as diversionary attacks that are unrelated to the main attack.
>>
>>47335377
I don't think so since there is so much codex related things to edit out, like borders and stuff.
Also different units need different sizes for each category so one template can't rule them all.

It is pretty simple though.
>>
>>47335415
But there are Thousand Sons that don't fight as part of the legion anymore since Magnus banished them from the Planet of the Sorcerors after the Rubric
>>
>>47335446
To my knowledge, they still pretty much rely on Rubricae to get shit done, because they're just that much better than puny humans.

I can add them as non-compulsory Troops choices, but the bulk of a Thousand Sons army should really be Thousand Sons and Rubricae.
>>
>>47335415
>Some of the Warlord Traits have to be a little weaker than others.

Here's a tip on game design, especially pertinent to 40k.

People like to feel like they're cheating.

Ask someone what cool things their codex can do, and they're not going to talk about cheap 3+ Sv or good ballistic skill or the mathhammer on their psychic powers.

They're gonna tell you about the thing that ignores cover, or the thing that reduces the enemies AV or Sv or T, or how their models roll to wound based on your armor save.

Players like to feel like they're getting away with something, that's why the rules are so complex in the first place - every little exception and special case is fun.

Warlord traits don't need to all be great, but they should all be fun. They should allow you to do something the rules normally prevent, not slightly increase your damage output. Let me outflank tanks! Or deep strike without scatter! Or reroll cover saves! Or make my warlord WS9 for one turn! That's the kinda stuff that gets 40k players off.

/rant
>>
>>47335477
That's a good and fluffy solution, thank you
>>
>>47335270
He updated his codex you mongoloid, fuck off, the codex now caps at I5 for Warbosses, which is the same as captains and other challenge characters.
>>
>>47335186
Decurion is out; you'll find nothing so broken as fluffy, except perhaps for some of the shootier formations. DESU, Decurions break the game harder than even regular formations do. In any case, here it is:

Bitly/Orks7ePDF

>>47335270
Meh, it's a WIP. Most dudes who report their play tests use altered rules & report back--it's part of why 'Ere We Go! is +2 initiative rather than x2. I get to edits & changes as I can.
>>
>>47335517
I get where you're coming from, and there are plenty of those traits in there that also do that (Did you look at Changer of Ways, Master of Manipulation, Corsair Prince, etc.?), but they can't ALL be amazing. I tried to sprinkle in some of the more "bland" stuff like stat boosts alongside the more crazy things like having your warlord come back to life once per game, or giving D3 units Scout, Outflank, and Acute Senses. There's gotta be a little balance in there too.

This list isn't intended to make CSM top-tier or anything. It's intended to give fluffy boosts and bring the army more in line with the fluff, and both expand and limit certain Legions where that's necessary (for example, restricting Nurgle Bikers from a Death Guard list because the two are completely at odds with one another fluff-wise, even though Nurgle Bikers are one of the more powerful units in the codex).
>>
>>47335591
Yeah, I was specifically just talking about the just the one warlord trait, not the others.

The problem isn't that it's too weak, the problem is it's boring.
>>
Hay there, Black Templar player here. Now I'm not gona bitch about my faction or anything but I wanted to ask. So other than the warlord table, can BT get any use out of the stern hammer formations? It would mean no glorious crusaders squads right? What do you think would be a great way to use these formations while still maintaining a BT theamed force? Or is there anyway to get crusaders squads in it without being more of a points burden?
>>
Has anyone ever made their own chapter tactics? I've been thinking about one, and its as simple as letting units take psyflame ammunition for x amount of points
>>
>>47335521
NP. This is a work in progress, after all.

>>47335273
The Legion tactics are not intended to be super OP or anything. They're just intended to make a Legion force look and act like a Legion force on the tabletop, and bring them more in-line with their fluff, buffing when necessary and taking away when necessary.

Thanks. It's a work in progress, so there's gonna be quite a few kinks.
>>
Holy SHIT Firewarriors come with a lot of extra bits.

There's like 80% of four different squads in here. This is simultaneously awesome and a ripoff.

I wonder how many dudes I can make if I magnetize weapons and Blood Raven some torsos from the bits box.
>>
>>47335578
Thanks man I love your work. Make orkmerrrica great again. Have you also updated the battlescribe file? If so, can you post the link?
>>
>>47335666
Lol I made a whole bunch here >>47335148

Apparently they're not as cool as I thought they were, though.
>>
Stop posting homebrew or you're gonna make me follow through on my decade old desire to homebrew a streamlined 40k BRB
>>
>>47335678
It's the same with a lot of kits. Just get the torsos and legs on eBay.
>>
Does the wording on this make sense?

The Mirror Mask of Menkaura (15 Points)- As long as the bearer of the Mirror Mask of Menkaura is alive, you may reroll any single die. After expending this reroll, you may immediately choose to grant your opponent a single reroll that he may expend on any of his rolls in order to regain the use of your reroll. You may only use the Mirror Mask of Menkaura’s reroll once per player turn. Note that the die to see if the game ends may not be rerolled. In addition, the bearer of the Mirror Mask of Menkaura has the Hatred (Daemons of Nurgle) special rule.
>>
>>47335317
>>Rending on a S:10 AP:1 weapon
For when you REALLY need to make that Land Raider pop (?)
>>
>>47335578
Just looking over your new formations..

> S4 Hammer of Wrath

Also, you might want to change the Goff Krumpin' Krew to instead have "Reroll 1s to Hit and Wound in Challenges". Because Preferred Enemy (Characters) is totally useless and does absolutely nothing, THANKS GW.

> Free Upgrade formation, with a "Buy One Get One Free" caveat
Amazing.

> PIRATE SHIPS
Fucking yes.

> Green tide grants Zealot and Crusader
> Nobz in a 'Naut
topkek
> DAKKASTORM DAKKALADZ
The Kekkezt.

Interesting. I think my favorite option of the whole bunch is the idea that we could Kombine Badrukk's Flash Gitz with the formation that grants +1 BS.

BS4 TWIN LINKED FLASH GITZ. FUCKING YES. WE'Z DA SHOOTIEST GITZ EVA. SO MANY BOOLIT, KANT EVA MISS.
>>
>>47335666
>666
>psyflame
You aren't fooling me.
>>
>>47335692
That's a higher order, so I released the base, play test more with the PDF, & make adjustments on the BSR as a final step.

I'm likely altering point costs, changing or removing 'Uge Choppas/Proppa Choppy, & other small tweaks. That's rough as fuck in BattleScribe compared to a text editor.
>>
Since units can no longer be used once they flee off the board, what if you played on a sphere?
>>
>>47335806
I'm not sure if you're retarded or brilliant.
>>
Is it possible or at all functional to just take tons of Sentinels? They look awesome and fun but do they suck?
>>
>>47335415
>They're not all supposed to be amazing. Some of the Warlord Traits have to be a little weaker than others.
Ignoring that that's a retarded design philosophy fuck you Mark Rosewater, the problem with Soul Blaze is that it's a hassle to remember and deal with and it does fucking nothing.
>Thousand Sons, as a Legion, fight with pretty much straight-up Rubricae after the invasion of the Fang. They use Cultists, but not in offensive operations except as diversionary attacks that are unrelated to the main attack.
Sick headcanon.

You're a pretty good example of why CSM homebrews often end up so shitty. You've got some really stupid headcanon, you've bitten off way more than you can or should be dealing with, and you just don't know a lot about the factions that you're making rules for.
>>
>>47335631
Sorry should be more specific. Can I use crusaders at all in the angles of death supplement? Or is there anyway to make a fluffy BT army with that book?
>>
>>47335806
>>47335825
>Buy/make a big metallic sphere
>Magnetize the base of all your mini
>Now you are playing a fight between two armies for the control of a small but strategically importan planetoid

I would totally play that
>>
>>47335806
>what if you played on a sphere?
We would all need more magnets.

My next campaign is looking to use a globe map since the rectangular tiled map we used last time had some very obvious flaws. Being able to move any direction helps against getting corner-fucked.
>>
>>47335773
Alright no worries. I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>47335883
I'm imagining guardsmen running from necrons only to run right back to them
>>
This sphere discussion reminds me, gonna be building a table for 40k soon.

Tips?
>>
>>47335865
Nope, sorry, you have been completely forgotten. You can't even use the IF decurion since, differently from the Crimson Fists, you don't use the IF chapter tactics
>>
>>47335911
Make it spherical.
>>
>>47335911
Aqarium grass is some of the best cover you can buy. They have solid bases and can be spaced so your guys can walk between them while providing 4+ cover.
>>
>>47335148
I mostly looked over the Slaanesh stuff, since that's what I play. Most of the Warlord traits looked okay, although I didn't like the one that can randomly make the warlord WS and I 1, though that's probably personal preference.

Not being able to include cultists is a pretty big bummer, though I do like the extension of Noise Weaponry and most of the Relics.

The Superheavy feels odd. It's got a lot of guns, but 600 points for just 6 HP feels really expensive. I feel like I'm just going to end up firing it once and then watching it die faster than an Imperial Knight. It doesn't even have a shield or anything. I can understand that it's supposed to be agile, but letting it Jink or something would at least offer some survivability. As it stands an Imperial Knight will be twice as durable for half the price.
>>
>>47335883
>>47335906
I suppose the most annoying thing would be that you wouldn't use TLoS (since, unless, the sphere is really big you would be blocked after just a few inches by the curvature of the sphere), instead you would use a band with the same curvature of the sphere to represent gravity keeping the bullets down

Or you can keep normal TLoS and have the assault armies have some fun
>>
>>47335911
Are you doing a solid table with a game mat on top and random terrain or making a sectioned table with moveable tiles?

I recently helped my friend design the latter with four rectangular tiles that either make a hill in the middle, two hills on each short edge, or a small hill in each four corners much like the GW tiles only longer.
>>
>>47335856
>Ignoring that that's a retarded design philosophy

So then don't use them.

>You've got some really stupid headcanon

You mean the headcanon supported by the fluff? Thousand Sons are shattered warriors who either operate as the masters of shadow networks led by a coven of elite Sorcerers and Rubricae or as mercenary forces for other Warbands in exchange for knowledge and artefacts. They make use of Chaos Cults, but very rarely fight alongside them except in the most dire of circumstances, instead having them operate as cats paws or as diversionary forces for the REAL attack somewhere else. When fighting as a Legion they pretty much fight with only Rubricae, because the only people they can actually trust to get the job done are Rubricae.

>you've bitten off way more than you can or should be dealing with

Possibly, but no way to know that until I've tried it.

>and you just don't know a lot about the factions that you're making rules for.

I'll grant you that I'm not super-familiar with Tzeentch (as I play Slaanesh) but I've still done quite a bit of research on pretty much every faction in the book before trying to build these. This is what the fluff says about Thousand Sons as an overall Legion.
>>
>>47335578
Where's a link to the update with the formations? I'm eager to look it over.
>>
>>47335666
I've tossed around the idea of creating them, but I've never used any.

Mainly because if I made my own chapter tactics, it would be to represent something current tactics didn't do, but then switching back to vanilla tactics whenever playing someone who didn't want to play against homebrew would be jarring.
>>
>>47335911
Keep it modular. I've seen a lot of tables packed with pretty little details and everything, but they offer very little in the way of changing things, other than rotating parts of them around (assuming the table was build in sections) and trying to fit a few pieces of terrain on there somewhere.

Personally I've preferred tables that offer a clean grassland, concrete, cobblestone, etc. base on which you can place ruins, forests, and all pieces of terrain big and small. A good way to break up the monotony of a plain grass or concrete base is get some dark static grass type flock (that's a bit clumped together) and maybe little rocks, and just sprinkle them onto the table. They immediately give little detail on the board and won't affect gameplay or placement of terrain. After the game you can just gather them all up and store for the next time.
>>
>>47335906
>IG is fleeing from a warrior
>commissar turns to shoot him for cowardice
>the Necron turns around and sees the guardsman running right at him
>the Necron gets blasted in the face
>good work commissar!
>>
>>47335993
5+ only ruins provide 4+
>>
>>47336063
>>47336006
Well, neither of us have ever built anything in our entire lives, so it probably will just be a flat top with random terrain pieces.
>>
>>47336008
See, I know you're full of shit because the Thousand Sons don't fight as a legion anymore. Nobody other than the Word Bearers really does anymore. But, please, give me a source for your claims that the Thousand Sons never, ever fight alongside mortal soldiers.
>>
>>47336094
Not that it really matters with Tau in the game...
>>
>>47336039
bitly/Orks7ePDF

That should take you there; it's updated. Just put a period between the t and l.
>>
>>47335666
Blood Ravens Chapter Tactics:

> Knowledge is Power, Hide it Well
All Sergeants may be upgraded to Codiciers for 10 points. This grants them the Psyker Rule, with Mastery Level 1. This option replaces the ability to take Veteran Sergeants.

In addition, any Codicier may replace his Bolter or Bolt Pistol for a Force Weapon - 10 pts.

> None Shall Find Us Wanting
All characters with Chapter Tactics: Blood Ravens, must issue and accept challenges. If two characters are in combat with this rule, you may choose who issues or accepts challenges.
>>
>>47335998
>Not being able to include cultists is a pretty big bummer

I've already changed this to include them as non-compulsory Troops Choices in the Emperors Children Tactics.

However, in exchange for not being able to spam Cultists, you can build Sonic Terminators, Sonic Havocs (while they're pricey, 4 Blastmasters in a five-man unit can rip some serious holes in the enemy), and Sonic Tanks again, so at least IMO it's a more than solid trade-off I'm not going to lie, I'm also not a huge fan of Cultists to begin with. I'm one of those dudes who believes a CSM army should be full of CSM's, unless you run an allied R&H detachment, which I have no problems doing myself.

>It doesn't even have a shield or anything

It does have a Daemonic 5++, which I've just added to a 4++ due to you pointing it out to me (cuz that's an entirely fair critique), combined with It Will Not Die. That's not AMAZING, but that's pretty solid.

>It's got a lot of guns, but 600 points for just 6 HP feels really expensive

It's a Slaaneshi analogue to the Kytan Daemon Engine of Khorne and I fully intend on building one too, which is priced at 525pts. It's better overall, and with the Psychic Powers it's a potent weapon when used correctly. It's not as outright durable as other vehicles, but it's more powerful and much more versatile.
>>
>>47335833
halp
>>
>>47336106
Foam board (stuff they use for insulation in construction) is quite cheap to buy in large sheets. One or two should provide you a 4x6 feet board. What you put on it is a different matter. I know people who've just painted it green and covered it in glue and flock. Our club had a project where we made a mordheim board by getting a pile of worthless Magic cards, chopping them up into little pieces, applying glue onto the board and gluing them down as cobblestones. Then just paint it black, grey and drybrush lighter and lighter grey on top. With a few ruined houses and shit it worked as the city of the damned quite nicely. Streets and such could be made simply by arranging some pieces in a more uniformal manner. So for an arcing road you place similar sized and shaped pieces in rows while all the pieces not part of the road are arranged randomly. Maybe paint the road pieces with a little differently to differentiate them some more.

For terrain, Pegasus Hobbies makes cheap plastic gothic style building sprues that you can snap together to make all manner of buildings. Been thinking of getting some myself and spruce them up with various 40k bits. Already working on making wall mounted cogitator units and rain drainage from Russ exhausts.
>>
>>47336174
Whoa man, 10pts for a Psychic Mastery Level is criminally undercosted. It's typically 25pts to gain a Mastery Level, so that's pretty much what it should be if you're giving it to a unit. 20pts would be low, but still acceptable.

>replace his Bolter or Bolt Pistol for a Force Weapon - 10 pts.

Force Weapons are better Power Weapons, and Power Weapons are at least 15pts. They should be priced around that level (I'd say 20, but you could get away with 15pts).

The premise is fine, it's just too cheap.
>>
>>47336174
You should change it to allow characters to equip weapons off of dead enemy characters
>>
File: GarysTable1.png (28 KB, 1201x802) Image search: [Google]
GarysTable1.png
28 KB, 1201x802
>>47336106
Oh then no tips needed. Have fun being boring.

Just make it regulation size.

We made 4 small tables that have latches on them so they can be reconfigured then built up and carved foam and papermache*. We made the table top on one big piece of plywood we put plastic over and made the terrain then cut it into quadrants. After that we mounted it on the 2x4 skeletons we had waiting that were about 4" tall and screwed down the table. He is still painting it, adding grit and other textures and other guys are making terrain.
>>
>>47336235
Don't know about super-effective. I've used autocannon sentinels since 3e and they've worked just fine all these editions. Scout sentinels get to Scout, so you can bring in units at enemy flanks and pour fire into their flanks. Armoured sentinels can take on units that lack grenades and power fists in close combat and it packs the plasma cannon, though at 2HP it's quite risky.
>>
>>47336278
It's Chapter Tactics with only a single benefit and a downside. The whole point of it is that it's cheaper because you're spending your "Free Army Buff" on a "Faction Buff that you have to pay for" instead, hence the discount.

All other chapter tactics are a PAIR of FREE buffs. This is a single buff that you have to pay for.
>>
>>47336146
Cool. Seems like pretty neat stuff. The only thing that stuck out to me as Odd was some of the core formation benefits, like Blood Axes getting Shrouded on all of their stuff, or Red Sunz vehicles getting something similar as well.

Those benefits seem a bit much to me, though I could be wrong. Red sunz is at least fitting, though I think it might be more fitting if it allowed the normal vehicles to Jink instead of just being a flat cover save.

Overall, really neat stuff though.
>>
>>47336174
>Gifted
May take relics from any codex at the point cost given in the codex.
>>
>>47336180
Well, as long as I can include cultists that's fine. I don't use too many of them, but I like having my little squad of Hereteks following around my warpsmith, and the other squads which I've done up as potential initiates.

Sonic Weaponry on all those different things is a very nice touch though. Noise Terminators and Sonic Predators are both very awesome additions. Plus getting Sonic Blasters on HQs is nice as well.

I did miss the Daemon save when I was looking it over the first time, which helps it a lot. While it still feels a bit lackluster to me, I think I'm mostly underestimating the psychic powers.
>>
>>47335317
>>47335757

Pretty much every single Slaaenshi Daemon unit has Rending, so I felt it was appropriate.

Can't hurt, after all.
>>
>>47336282
It Was a Gift
>If a unit with the Blood Ravens Chapter destroys an enemy unit. The Blood Raven unit may elect to replace their bolter/bolt pistol with one of the destroyed unit's weapon.
>>
Aside from the purely mechanical sounds produced by walking, shooting, spitting, eating, etc, do Tyranids make noises?

If so, what sort of utterances do they produce?
>>
>>47336391
Must be an Imperium of Man codex or supplement relic list.
>>
>>47336422
If they made noises at all, it would likely be roars or hisses or growls or something designed to scare prey.
>>
>>47336422
I always assumed it was Godzilla-style screeches
>>
>>47336422
>>47336438
Tyranids with Sonic-Weapon roars when?
>>
>>47336317
having the option is a big enough buff on their own
>>
>>47336422
They Bray like Donkeys, according to CS GOTO.
>>
>>47336422
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47336429
There were daemon weapons in DoW2.
Throw Chaos into that as well. (Both Marines and Daemons)
>>
Are Dreadnoughts any good? What chapter tactics benefit them most?
>>
>>47336442
Jesus Christ, that'd be terrifying.

>Lictor prowling around invisibly through Guard camp
>Sneaks up behind sentry
>Is within inches of the sentries ear, he has no clue it's even there
>Opens up its chest to reveal its flesh-hooks
>SKREEEEEEEOONNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>Vanishes into the night, leaving a dessicated corpse and a bunch of pants-shittingly terrified Guardsmen
>>
>>47336464
Already exists.
See Harpies
>Not nearly as good as what we want.
>>
>>47336486
Not really.
Iron Hands

>Honorable mention of White Scars for Hit and Run Dreadnoughts
>>
>>47336497
IG horror game when?

GW's new CEO seems to like pushing vidya.
>>
>>47336486
>Are Dreadnoughts any good?
Extremely.
>What chapter tactics benefit them most?
Red Scorpions.
>>
>>47336486
They're okay. Iron Hands is a pretty obvious boost. Other than that, it's mostly a matter of finding things that actually affect them.

White Scars can let them Hit & Run out of fights for however useful that is.

Black Templars can get Crusader to position themselves more quickly.

Some of the Forgeworld tactics might have more stuff, though I'm not as familiar with them.
>>
>>47336497
>>47336524
>40k meets Amnesia meets L4D

I'd play it
>>
>>47336486
Not really. They suffer the same problems of all the other vehicles.
The only one that is considered somewhat good is the SW VenDread with the shield giving him a frontal 3++
>>
Here's hoping IA14 has a Tau based Guard list akin to Renegades and Heretics to represent Gue'vesa.

Tau needs them battle bros, as they, Orks, and Necrons are now the only factions without battle brothers.
>>
>>47336486
They're an Auto-take for me. But then again I have 7 Dreadnoughts, one of which is a Deredeo, and 4 more on the way(3 Contemptors, and 1 Venerable).

I would say the best tactics are Iron Hands and Red Hunters.. Seeing as those are the only two chapter tactics in the entire game that really benefit Dreadnoughts.

Although I will give an Honourable Mention for Raptors tactics and Ironclads. Rending on Hurricane Bolters is a cute parlour trick.
>>
>>47336566
I figure gue'vesa should just be counts-as Firewarriors. They wield pulse rifles and other Tau equipment, after all.
>>
>>47336566
I just want them to lose just this once. I'm tired of them winning
>>
>>47336598
always winning is the Tau win-con

Farsight is their lose-con
>>
>>47336598
Name one major war where the Tau won.

You can't.
>>
>>47336581
>They wield pulse rifles and other Tau equipment, after all.

Not often, no. Most of the time they're given "Tau" equivalents of their old Imperial weapons like Lasguns, because the Tau don't trust them much with the higher-quality Pulse weapons, especially when they are fighting other humans. Only a select few die-hard units get access to the good shit, and usually only when either fighting other Xenos like Orks or Tyranids or when fighting as "propaganda soldiers" for the Tau.
>>
>>47336581
It depends. I think there's some conflicting fluff as to whether they get full access to the Tau armories or that's reserved for higher-ups.

Either way, it would be nice to get a variant with Carapace armor and Pulse-round guns or something like the type kroot have.
>>
>>47336598
Tau Wins: Taros, Agrellan 1 (WZD Apoc), Perfectia (Kauyon).
Tau Losses: Voltoris, Agrellan 2nd battle.

You like most people like to bitch without knowing what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>47336598
As a Tau player, I'd certainly enjoy the Ad Mech pulling a win out of this. Knock around the Tau's big toys a bit. Maybe lose a titan or something so Forgeworld can advertise their new super suits, but ultimately have the Ad Mech get past the Tau for whatever forgeworld secrets they were after.
>>
>>47336634

The Green Scourge
War in the place of Union
The Arkunash War
The Burning Moon War
The Damocles Crusade
Hive Fleet Gorgon
The Great war of Confederation
The Nimbosa Annexation
The War across the Stars
Mugulath Bay

Seriously, why do you fucking waac taubois try to claim to be so hard done by despite having the most overpowered codex in the history of 40k?
>>
Are Flesh Hounds any good?

Seem pretty solid with Beast, Scout, Furious Charge, 5ws, 4s, 2w and 2a

Only thing that puts me off is the lack of ap and their dinky daemon save
>>
Any thoughts for >>47335338?
>>
>>47336699
Ad Mech are already there. They scraped the abandoned Forge World angle and just went with, "It's a small forge world, after all." It just also happens to have more facilities underground than initially thought, and also have the entire Red Scorpions chapter trying too lick its wounds after getting nom'd by nids.
>>
File: 476.gif (4 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
476.gif
4 MB, 298x224
>>47336598

LOL - The Tau will never ever lose a battle / war / skirmish ever again :^)

The Tau have won 40k
>>
>>47336734
"You can't name one" is a common troll meme.
It's as stupid as claaiming Tau's dex is the most broken when Eldar and Space Marines still exist.
>>
>>47336734
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Battle_of_the_Burning_Moon

I don't see Tau.
>>
>>47336736
They are tarpitting extraordinaires. Gorepack has been such a fun match up because those buggers.
>>
>>47336734
>despite having the most overpowered codex in the history of 40k?

>even resembling reality
>>
>>47336736
Flesh Hounds are great. A Murderhorde of MSU Hounds with a Jugger Herald with the Rage or Hatred Locus and the Crown can be absolutely brutal.
>>
File: septs of.jpg (893 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
septs of.jpg
893 KB, 1536x2048
>>47336765
>The Burning Moon War
Is mentioned in some throw away fluff only. We don't have details, like whether or not it was a victory. Anon was just being a shit cause he got trolled hard.
>>
>>47336769
>flesh hounds in this formation gain hammer of wrath

Neat, really neat, may have to pick up some bikers just for that

>>47336773
Jugger heralds can join hounds? Can he scout move with them?

That does open up a whole new vista of possibilities, 4 s5 attacks per dog on the charge is solid even without ap.
>>
>>47336765
His list is composed almost entirely of wars mentioned offhand in one place and never referenced again (plus wars like Damocles which ended in status quo somehow counting as a Tau victory). I can guarantee he just has the list in a text file.
>>
File: vEuIXc8.gif (1 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
vEuIXc8.gif
1 MB, 230x172
>>47336486

I own 2 vanilla dreadnoughts, 4 yiff flavoured, 3 ironclads, deredeo and 2 comtemptors.

I run the 2 nomal dreads as Mortis most games these days, combined with a deredeo makes for execellent anti air/vehicle. Drop podding ironclads will cause mayhem if they aren't killed or immobilised the turn they arrive.

I say yes. Take dreadnoughts. Had a tau suit vs dreadnought showdown once and they even came out the victor.
>>
Are Crimson Hunters worth it?

I really love the miniature. But even a bolter can knock them off.
>>
>>47336996
They're one of the best air superiority fighters in the game
>>
>>47336553
>game opens as a ship experiences a gellar field failure en route to battle Tyranids
>shit goes full Event Horizon as you battle daemons and the ship flashes between normal and chaos
>eventually, you crash onto an Imperial planet being eaten by Tyranids
>have to stealth to a spaceport to escape the world all the while trying to avoid getting eaten by lictors
>periodical escape / defend stages where you change from horror and stealth to action and holding off the brunt of Tyranid hordes alongside the planets floundering pockets of surviving PDFs
>game ends with an imperial exterminatus right as you are about to reach the spaceport
>>
Guys, give me a few changes for the Tau codex you'd want to see.

The rules are: 1 Positive change for each negative one. They don't have to be equal in power (Since the Tau codex is very strong right now) but have to make sense (IE no removing shit just because you don't like it, suggest changes instead)
>>
>>47336174
Knowledge Is power is their old Chapter creed
None shall find us wanting is the new one

I would make their CTs about Deep Strike and/or Drop Pods, as in the campaigns they relied chiefly on Drop Pods to go places and are described by dow2 wargear as being much more willing to use personal teleporters than other Chapters
Perhaps "Models in Terminator Armor or embarked on a Drop Pod only scatter 1d6 when Deep Striking"
And some option for Terminators and Captains to do short-range teleports once on the field
>>
>>47337054
I am perfectly happy with everything except the Monstrous Creatures.

Make them not MCs and do whatever necessary to balance that fact and I'm a happy camper.
>>
File: 1438252343041.jpg (146 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1438252343041.jpg
146 KB, 700x700
How would you fix the bad options in your codex?

>Plasma pistols cost 10
>Combat Shields give 5++ in melee
>Power lances affect HoW attack
>>
>>47336996
they have a lot firepower for av10, hit faster then you get hit

>>47336877
>>47336736
flesh hounds are amazing, buy chaos hounds and paint them red

>>47335383
i made this awhile ago http://pastebin.com/a9JYbyKT
>>
>>47337054
Make tau MCs into walkers.
Done.
>>
>>47336684
>argellan second battle
hah this is what tau fags actually tell themselves to pretend they aren't mary sue's

thye didn't lose that battle they won it
imperium retreated and then the mechanicus said fuck it just torch the place
>>
>>47337121
The Chaos Warhounds? Don't they look dinky and tiny as fuck on the 50mm bases of the Flesh Hounds?
>>
>>47337146
i don't bother with those cav bases, or rather the bigger round cav bases. i don't think anyone has seen a flesh hound before or minds the proxy/count as. also i have a lot of chaos hounds, i bought a few when they were wargear in 3.5
>>
>>47337145
If the victory condition is "Protect the planet from the Imperium," then yeah, they lost that.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306852-imperial-armour-tau-vs-red-scorpions-adeptus-mechanicus/?p=4398132
>>
R8 My Daemon list, fighting a Gladius Strike Force, at 1500. Designed to be the most annoying thing possible.

Warpflame Host:

Herald of Tzeentch, Lv3, Disc of Tzeentch, Loci of Conjuration, Exalted Artifact

8 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch

6 x Flamers of Tzeentch

CAD

Karios Fateweaver

Herald of Khorne, Juggarnaut, Lesser and Greater artifact

Troops

3 x Nurglings

11 x Pink Horrors

Fast Attack

11 x Flesh Hounds

Exalted Flamers are T4 and W3, I was going to run Daemonology on the Herald, and hope for Cursed Earth, to just spam the FUCK out of my flamers, probably going to deploy 3-4 at my frontline, and just start pouring the rest over the field through Deep Strikes.
>>
>>47337145
>Imperium loses ground war
>wins war battle anyway
>Fans call Tau Mary Sues.
>>
>>47337228
If I ever go to a tournament I think they'd get buttsy though
>>
>>47337054
Negative:
1 Give Riptides a 3+ armor save, and give the Ion accelerator a points hike

2 Remove Squadrons of the MC suits

3 Get rid of the Riptide Wing formation

4 Replace Optimized Stealth Cadre's benefits with something more fun and fluffy, like letting the Tau player swap the positions of the Ghostkeel with the Stealth teams or something.

5 Increase the points cost on the Stormsurge, and give it a rule that makes it move more slowly.

6 Farsight Crisis Suit Troops must contain at least 3 suits minimum, and all suits can only take burst cannons, with the exception of 1 other special weapon in the squad. Make them behave like other types of troops.

7 Markerlights now cost 1 to remove 1 point of cover instead of ignoring it entirely

Positive:
1 Make a new Elite unit that's several Fire Warrior Shas'ui that can take the special Pathfinder weapons. Tau Vets, essentially.

2 Make the main guns on the Stormsurge more suited to a long range artillery style of role.

3 Make Vespid into Troops

4 Let Kroot Hounds be taken as a separate Fast Attack choice, or otherwise split off from their unit to make use of Beast speed

5 Rail Rifle Broadsides now fire an extra shot while within half range

6 Broadsides now have a variant that has a twin-linked flamer on each arm and a pair of Onager Gauntlets for fists, designed for close-quarters environments

7 The Hammerhead gets a formation or special rule that allows 3 Railgun hammerheads to combine their fire into a single anti-titan shot
>>
>>47337121
>i made this awhile ago http://pastebin.com/a9JYbyKT

Neat. I'll take a look at these. I dunno about some parts, but I'll try to incorporate these into the book if you're cool with that.
>>
>>47337272
Why not free up some points and take a unit of furies to make your WFH a detachment?

Keep in mind both gifts on exalted flamers are heavy so the can only snapshoot blue fire after moving or deep striking.
>>
>>47337121
>>47337050
But is it only good against other flyers or can it bring pain to general armoured vehicles as well?
>>
>>47337054
The codex needs a lot of changes. It's far too easy to use.
On demand ignores cover is cancer.
JSJ'ing troops? Really?
OSC is absurd.
Multiple Stormsurges in a list is no fun to play against. One is better than a Knight, so think about that.
No LoS missiles are too easily accessible in an army that already has overwhelming firepower.
Riptides and their options are undercosted.

The good units in the Tau codex are just cheap, easy to use, little to no risk, and have fantastic options/loadouts.

Ive played my friends Tau a lot recently, its just dumb how easy it is. Its not even fun for me. But I only ever use BA, CSM, Daemons, and IG.

So using 4 Riptides and PF's markerlight support, Kroot x2, with a few Broadsides and DS'ing Crisis melta - which isnt even close to the best list I could field - has utterly bitchslapped Nids, DE, SkitMech, Necron Wraithspam, CSM, 3 Knights + IG, and Nurgle Daemons.

Tau are pretty hilarious. No way in hell Id ever take a game with them as anything more than a joke.
>>
>>47337228
Technically against the rules and lots will call you on it. Lot easier to get them in cover on those small bases.
>>
>>47337253
the bit that the imperium didn't manage to take back on ground remained untouched by whatever the fuck the AM tossed onto the planet
on top of that the guard lost over 50 % of it's remaining personnel by blowing the planet with them on it (combine that with the shittons that died the casualty rate is probably over 75%) all of those wasted because they could have blown it right the fuck up in the first place
>>
>>47337080
>Make them not MCs
Done. Nothing changes except for AP2 smash attacks.
>>
File: flesh hounds.jpg (60 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
flesh hounds.jpg
60 KB, 600x620
>>47337290
maybe, maybe not. like i said, not many have or have seen the real models. also what was khorne thinking giving his dogs fins? not a fan of the model or finecast as well

>>47337272
if you really wanna be annoying go incursion

>>47337372
as a daemon player i really don't bother with maximizing cover. my 5++ is good enough and i hardly make saves. it's honestly a way to save money

>>47337333
go for it
>>
>>47337443
The real models isn't really an option, they're overcosted to hell and really ugly.

Looking at the warhounds they're cheap as hell though, might pick up a pack and see how it works out. If I don't like it, it wasn't a very big investment to begin with.
>>
>>47337348
I actually find tau struggle with daemon lists post-decurion/chaos knight/7th FAQ anyway. Tallyband nurgling massing makes gunlines fuck useless in a flash, and daemons are one of the only armies that can reliably produce some instant-death hits above T5.
>>
>>47337136
>and the positive is that they become AV14 on all sides
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 500x670
>>47337440
>make them not mc's
>done

>nothing changes except for smash

Hi Taufriend. I know you're probably unfamiliar with it, but walkers have this thing called the 'vehicle damage table'.
It's toward the back of the brb, enjoy!
>>
>>47337281
The Imperial objective was to take back the planet because it's an important world due to it acting as a warp travel hub for the resource rich system. They rendered the planet useless for both the Imperiam and the Tau.
>>
>>47336867
My god those paint schemes are hideous. Why did GW change from the brown to the white, it just makes them look even more like they're trying to be Gundamu.
>>
>>47337406
Setting half of the atmosphere of the planet on fire is more than enough to end life on the planet itself. The planet is no longer a viable sept world, and the terraforming has been set back centuries.

The Imperium being too lazy to mount a full evacuation doesn't make them losing half of their remaining forces a Tau Win unless they survived and joined the Greater Good.

Imperium lost, but so did Tau.
>>
>>47336235
I don't know about effective, but Ever since seeing that IG formation with only sentinels in it I've been thinking about an all sentinel army.

Like 1500pts and 30ish walkers.
>>
>>47335012
Everyone at my game shop is overweight, looks unhealthy, and are super loud and excited about gaming all the fucking time. What the hell. How do I get along with these types?
>>
>>47337535
Incoming: thread-destroying Tau autist vs. random autist argument.

>who is more of a retard?

the Tau autist, because after all he is a Taufag
>>
>>47337582
By not going along on MtG night.
>>
>>47337582
>How do I get along with these types?

You probably dont. Neckbeards seem to reject any decent looking, in shape hobbyists that enter their magical realm. Just be better than them in every way, and always remain friendly and polite. It will drive the worst among them insane, and the best among them will rise to your level and play with you.
>>
>>47337348
>jsj
was part of the taus theme from the beginning.
Making more expensive to balance maybe, but I categorically object to removing things that are part of the basic theme of an army
>no LOS missiles
was also part of there theme, same thing

>stormsurges and riptide
totally agree. Not a big fan of adding more and bigger suits to tau at all. They're losing the combined arms and alien alliance theme and just become a suits army.
>>
>>47337535
>lazy
they were getting constantly harassed on the retreat and the superior tau fleet was underway

besides its like saying you won a fistfight because after the guy beat the living shit out of you you pulled out a gun and shot him in the back
the whole premise of the book is full of tau mary sue-ism
the imperium wanted to have a show of force and for some reason they thought losing millions of footsloggers and unrecoverable material would do the trick better then simply blowing the whole damn place sky high with 1 bomb

have you even read the book ?
>>
>>47337347
good against vehicles and pretty decent against elites too.

Vector dancer means you can get good angles against vehicles pretty easily,. and 4 S8 ap2 shots are pretty good against most vehicles.

I. haven't tried to double star cannon version, but that would likely be a lot weaker against non-flier vehicles but make it a nasty anti-elite unit.
>>
>>47337492
i really need to try that tallyband list, i figure the best way to do it is a nurgle starter box but i'd need at least 18 more nurglings. guess it's time to break out the green stuff and start printing
>>
>>47337342
What do you mean make a detachment? How can I do that? Sorry if I sound dumb, still new to the whole "formation" business
>>
>>47337582
>rejecting neckbeards
>>
>>47337052
>game ends with an imperial exterminatus right as you are about to reach the spaceport

I think it'd be better to have the player make it to a bunker, just as the exterminatus goes off. Depending on the window/camera/view port you look through, you get to watch nids or fellow guardsmen flail and die horribly as they are liquefied, then set on fire.

The game ends with an eerily peaceful walk to the the space port through piles of ash.
As you board a shuttle, your character is informed they've been re-assigned to another guard regiment, fighting to put down a Genestealer cult in the next system over.
>>
>>47337640
I'm just finishing up my army and stuff. I have about 1500 points worth of army painted, and want to get into playing. I'm honestly fine with them being fat, but everyone is super fucking loud and in each other's faces to the point of obnoxiousness. Why do they feel the need to be shouting over each other at every single tiny thing. I'm American by the way.
>>
>>47337542
Fuck yeah. 30 plasma cannons! 50% of casualties are self inflicted!
>>
Can I use oldcron models like the wraiths and pariahs for style points or are they not allowed
>>
>>47337696
Tallyband is useless if its not part of a Daemonic Incursion. Daemonic Instability will destroy your Nurglings if you dont have the Decurion buff. Speaking from experience.
>>
>>47337054
Riptide down to 3+, no access to Feel no Pain, has to buy the invuln.
Riptide gains the ability to buy a second gun on the Shield arm instead of buying the invuln.

It costs one markerlight hit to reduce a cover save by one, the cost for each additional point of cover reduction increases by one (so it's be 1 ML hit for 1 cover save reduction, 3 ML hits for 2 cover save reduction, 6 ML hits for 3 cover save reduction, etc).
Vespid gain rending in CC.

Troop Crisis units have to have three suits.
Kroot Master Shaper is added as an HQ choice. Gets to grant a unit of Kroot a single bonus at the beginning of the game, each themed around feeding the Kroot different enemies. Can purchase additional usages.

OSC loses Wall of Mirrors.
Gains something less absurdly OP. Maybe -1 Cover Saves against all targets.
>>
>>47337731
Proxying them as something they resemble works fine
Pariahs could be Lychguard, etc
>>
>>47337731

I wouldn't have a problem with you using the old wraith model, or using Pariahs as Lychguard w/ warscythes.

No-one can give you shit for transporting those nightmares around, unless you bring more than 5.
>>
>>47337736
incursion is nice, tallyband & grand cavalcade would work nicely. deny them overwatch and with the right warlord trait from the new slaanesh table charge some seekers from over 20" away. add in fateweaver, a prince, and CAD for anti tank
>>
>>47337054
>All suits are downgraded to walker or Superheavy walker
>Marker lights nerfed back to previous edition
>Over powered Formations removed
>Crisis Suits are elite slot only
>Vespids are re-cost/stated to be the the Tau equivalent of Storm Troopers with jet packs
>More Alien Auxilia
>Human Auxilery added
>New HQ added for each non-Tau Race
>>
I did a RG/Raptors list @ 1850pts.
Not much eperience with Marines but trying to make it both fluffy and crunchy with a slightly cheesy centre.

Space Marines: Raven Guard - Talon Strike Force (Raptors Chapter tactics)

>Core<

Pinion Battle Demi-Company

Chapter Master
Power Armour [Bolt Pistol, Combi-grav, The Armour of Shadows]
(hangs out with Devs)

Assault Squad [4x Space Marines]
Space Marine Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Melta Bombs]

Devastator Squad [4x Grav-cannon and Grav-amp, 9x Space Marines]
Space Marine Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Combi-grav]

4x Scout Squad [4x Boltgun, Camo Cloaks, 4x Scouts]
Scout Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Combi-melta, Melta Bombs]

3x Tactical Squad [Grav-gun, Grav-gun, 9x Space Marines]
Space Marine Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Combi-grav, Melta Bombs]

>Auxiliary<

Shadowstrike Kill Team

2x Scout Squad [4x Boltgun, 4x Scouts]
Land Speeder Storm [Multi-melta]
Scout Sergeant [Boltgun, Combi-melta, Melta Bombs]

Vanguard Veteran Squad [Jumppacks]
2x Veteran [Lightning Claw, Lightning Claw]
2x Veteran [Power Fist, Storm Shield]
Veteran Sergeant [Lightning Claw, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs]
>>
>>47337542
I'd run my similarly suicidal KMB Kans at them any day.
>>
>>47337665
Literally everything in 40k is sue-ism. Do you read more than one of the books? Imperium had plenty of sue-ist shit in the book.

Of course there was a fucking ground invasion instead of an orbital fight. The books exist to push wargaming models. Starting with an exterminatus doesn't fucking sell minis.

I'm not defending Kauyon or Mont'ka as pillars of fine writing. I'm not saying Tau weren't fags in it. I'm just saying the whole fucking book was faggotry, and if all you saw was tau-faggery than you've got a huge biased blindspot and some serious complexes.

I'm not against Tau losing. But saying that they always win is pretty fucking autistic. Saying that they're the only sues in 40k is pretty fucking autistic. Blaming Taufags for the state of the book by pointing out Tau-suism while ignoring the marine suism is autistic. Saying that Tau fans are happy with the disgusting writing of WZD is autistic.

The entire book is shit writing designed to sell toys. 40k is GIJoe. Ignoring half of the shit so that you can feel righteous in your anger over the other half is autistic.

All in all I hope that, regardless of the outcome, Imperial Armour is on Taros quality, rather than War Zone quality. Keep shit authors like Phil Kelly out of it. He'd rather write Marine fiction, and marinefags would rather read his marineshit. His sue writing is more palatable to marinefags, so as a Tau fag, I say you can have him.
>>
>>47337864
Does all suits include Stealth suits? They aren't exactly Walker sized, and its not a change that would really impact them either. I mean, if they still have their cover save they won't really care about armor. AV will make them more resiliant against small arms fire, and they're 1 wound so vehicle damage is pointless.

Other than that though, solid enough changes
>>
>>47337323
Not even taufag but I like it.
>>
>>47337649
JSJ wouldn't be as bad if it didn't have the ignore terrain aspect.

If Jet allowed you to ignore terrain in the Movement, but not the Assault phase it would tone down the jump over line of site, shoot, then jump back out of line of site.

Either that or rework Overwatch to be: Skip Shooting Phase, at any point in Enemies Next Movement phase you may declare an Overwatch shot. Overwatching unit immediately shoots at full BS.
>>
>>47337940
Thanks. I tried to go for smaller changes rather than a full overhaul. Mainly aiming to make the all-suit armies still possible, but not as ridiculous.
>>
>>47337864
>all suits are walkers
so how exactly are you handling the movement and assault move for the jet pack?

and has had been said, feels a bit odd for the stealth suits. even crisis suits are okay as troops.
>>
>>47337968
Keep it literally the same, except let JSJing get overwatched. Have movement in any phase other than movement phase become subject to overwatch.
>>
What can /tg/ tell me about Deathwatch: Overkill? Is it fun? I want to get into 40k, and I really like the models in it. So, is it worth it?
>>
>>47337968
jumping back and forth over cover was the intended part of the theme. your overwatch sound terrible.
>>
>>47337323
>6 Farsight Crisis Suit Troops must contain at least 3 suits minimum, and all suits can only take burst cannons, with the exception of 1 other special weapon in the squad. Make them behave like other types of troops.

I'd say they should have a melee weapon that takes a hardpoint, +1s ap whatever or summat, maybe force them to take "anti ork" weapon.
>>
>>47338006
>I'll run my assault unit rather than shoot
>okay eat overwatch from all units with LOS.
Sounds like a great idea.
>>
>>47338006
That's actually a decent idea, although it needs some restriction so your entire army doesn't spin around and snap shot all their guns at a couple of drones who were flying over a wall.

Maybe restrict it to a single enemy unit within 12"?
>>
>>47338018
It's a port of Wasteland 2 Ambush ability
>Ambush feature to hold back and wait for the enemy to march right into your sights.

Adds some variation and tactics because right now if you can't shoot you lose it
>Oh you're running all Drop Pods and chose to go second.
>I'll set my army to Overwatch because you null deployed.
>Bottom of 2 the Pods fall and then get shot.

Granted all it means is null deploy armies will go first, but hey, progress.
>>
>>47338037
>>47338070
Units get one overwatch per player turn, with maybe exceptions for being directly charged.

Declare which units are overwatching a particular movement before resolving shots.
If the entire army shoots at one JSJ, they can't overwatch later.
>>
>>47338024
Burst cannons basically are an anti-ork weapon. Crisis suits are already S 5, so they have a pretty good shot at wounding Orks. Combine Hatred in a Farsight list, 2 attacks, and the fact most Orks have pretty low saves, and the basic crisis suit is already a decent CC against them.

My main goal with that was to make it so Crisis troops weren't lugging around so many special weapons. Burst cannons make them behave more similarly to Fire Warriors in terms of targets.
>>
>>47338006
>>47338037
>>47338070

Make it so Run is unaffected.
>>
>>47337696
I'm actually overdue to get a nurgle SC kit too. Need more drones more bearers and more nurglings.

>>47337705
Demonic Incursion is the new decurion style detachment for daemons, comprised of the formations like tallyband, murderhorde, etc. You need a core and an auxillary to make it a full detachment and get the unearthly power, and daemonic corruption detachment bonuses (which are worth striving for). The Warpflame host is a core formation, but in order to have a detachment you need a single auxiliary choice, the most optimal choice being the daemonic flock, which is really just a unit of furies. At a cool 35 points for a min squad, they make up a little tax you can attach to any core formation to get a full detachment bonus.
>>
>>47337968
>>47338006
>the solution is to remove the core of the taus intended power.

being able to not shoot back at the tau is a thing the tau were supposed to be able to do. If you think it's op, then adjust the point cost of the things that can do it. But jumping out of LOS after shooting so they can't get shot back is the goal of the tau suit design.

At this point you might as well say that necron shouldn't have any form of RP, SM should be effected by fear and not have 3+ saves.
>>
>>47338110
My issue with burst cannons and 1/3 specials is it make them into stealth suits with a different hat.
>>
>>47338105
I get that you are taking it from other games, but those other games have different design goals. This doesn't fit 40k's idea, which about active play, not reactive.

And what you just described is an army full of interceptor, but for free and better. Given how much people hate Tau being able to buy an army full of interceptor, this sounds like a bad idea.
>>
>>47338139
SM should be effected by fear, just highly resistant.

RP should go back to the old system where massive damage meant they had to have a lord or spyder around to help them reassemble.
>>
>>47338139
>core of tau power

Oh, i thought it was markerlights/jumpsuit multi weapon troops/cheap, durable riptides/broken formations/ignoring 40% of the game
>>
>>47337939
>>47338000
I meant specifically the big suits.
Although I could see Broadsides getting moved to Walker status.

>>47338128
I think it'd be fine letting overwatch effect run moves. Are you going to give up your 1 overwatch a turn shooting at the guy over there running? Or save it for the unit that's about to charge?

I might have a rule halving the range of Overwatch, so that you can't shoot at just running from across the board.
>>
>>47338208
that's why I said any form of RP.
Because if you're flat objecting to the idea of Tau being able to shoot and them move away before getting shot back, then you're doing the same thing as flat objecting to necron being able to get back up after failing there save. It's what the army is supposed to do.
>>
>>47338139
>JSJ is the 'core of Tau's intended power'

Thats an absurdly stupid claim. What you're really saying is:
>I like JSJ and if you talk bad about it I'm going to throw a tantrum
>>
>>47338257
Yeah, breaking the theme and intended play of an army s not the same as balancing. Try harder changefags, it seems GW's job is harder than keyboard warriors imply.
>>
>>47338228
marker lights are part of their core identity.
part of jumpsuits is moving out of LOS, and is another core part of their identity.

The rest isn't part of the core tau identity. It was added on, and could be taken way without making the army no longer tau.
>>
>>47338170
Stealth suits would still be useful in other ways, and would be cheaper at a baseline.

The advantage here is that you're getting Crisis suits as troops at all. Currently you can just have a single crisis suit with two meltaguns as a troop choice, which doesn't fit with what troops should be.

Crisis suits can technically already do this loadout. I'm just enforcing it. Burst cannons only. 1 special weapon in the unit. 3 man minimum.

That's a troop choice with 6 wounds, a 3+ save, and 12 S 5 AP 5 shots if you want them below 100 points. That's much closer to a typical troop choice.
>>
>>47337522
He said remove MC, not make them walkers.

They simply become jet pack infantry
>>
>>47338282
>Tau players are juvenile
>>
>>47338257
Except the whole shoot and jump away thing isnt just the tau thing. It was the Eldar and Deldars thing first. Tbh tau have alot more then fucking jsj to make them good like strong gunlines, cheap mcs/gcs, everything ignores terrain almost, and whats a cover save?
>>
>>47338237
>overwatch run
>your entire army gets to shoot at the enemy assault troops every turn.
not seeing the problem?
>halving range
so half your army gets to shoot at the enemy assault troop every turn unless they want to gimp their movement.
>>
>>47338294
Doesn't Farsight already require your to take 3 per squad as minimum?
>>
>>47338301
Riptide as jet pack infantry? Are there any infantry units in the game as big as a Riptide? I thought making them walkers was implied.
>>
>>47338310
But in fluff Tau have always been about mobility. JsJ fits very well with that.

While I'll admit the total lack of reprisal can be obnoxious sometimes, it isn't always perfect.
>>
Has anyone done rules on a possible Crimson Hunter phoenix lord?

I've been thinking about what Remnant of Glory he could have. Something special about his plane? Or maybe a special weapon?
>>
>>47338310
>deldar shoot and move away
since when
>craftworld eldar shoot and move out of Los
jetbikes can, but battle focus is shit for doing that given the short range guns it on and limited movement.

>things added in recent codex are part of the core identity
way to miss the fucking point.
I'm not saying the army doesn't need to have power reduced, I'm saying that should not come from removing a core part of their identity, that's been around since the faction was created.
>>
Just dont pay attention to the new tau fags. You can tell who they are by how stupid their posts are. 3-5th edition tau fags are the only ones bearable to talk to on here.
>>
>>47338328
Used to. Doesn't anymore. That's why I'm adding that back along with the burst cannon thing, so people aren't using compulsory troops to drop behind tanks and unload melta volleys.

Even Marines and Eldar need to use Elites for that.
>>
>>47338353
Kill yourself. Seriously.
>>
>>47338353
>jetbikes can

Its a bit more then that buddy.
>>
>>47338350
>Crimson Hunter Phoenix Lord

Color me intrigued. I forget, do they even get Exarchs?

Either way, an obvious first change would be giving the plane high BS due to a phoenix lord pilot. Even the melee ones tend to have 7.
>>
>>47338370
You should read the new Marines supplement.
Pinon BDC
RG TAC's can outflank and arrive t1 with 2x melta, if their scout buddies say so they also get to ignore cover.
>>
>>47338401
>Color me intrigued. I forget, do they even get Exarchs?
Yeah, BS5 and presicion shots.

>>47338350
One thing it shuld have is Monster hunter vs FMC.
Maybe the ability to ignore jink too, though the flier formation does that.
>>
>>47338424
You're honestly better off Poding the Tacticals in.
I mean. Unless your enemy puts their tanks 6" from a side and you get your 3+ to come in the right side.
>>
>>47338424
Yes, I know troops can usually get 2 or so meltaguns. My crisis suit change also let's them pick up one if they want.

There's a difference between a squad of Storm Guardians with 2 meltaguns, and a squad of fire dragons with 5.

I'm trying to put Crisis troops in the first category rather than the second.

Infantry level firepower with maybe a special weapon.
>>
>>47338312
At half range most things aren't shooting at anything more then 18 inches away. If you're running that close you're assaulting next turn anyways. a single round of BS1 shooting isn't going to be making a huge difference.

I'd probably further restrict it to assault and rapid fire weapons only. If a weapon is to unwieldy to shoot on the move, it's too unwieldy to take snap shots at fast moving enemies.
>>
>>47338401
They do get Exarchs, and their Exarchs are pretty crazy. BS5 and Precision Shots on 5+.
>>
>>47336566
That would be nice, but I seriously doubt it. Tau already learned that using Gue'vesa against the Imperium only makes the latter more intent to win.
>>
Can Sternguard in a Razorback be useful?
>>
>>47338468
You mean Crimson Death? Crimson Death gets a 4+ cover save that's rerollable by jinking, then preferred enemy against flying stuff.

Maybe our Phoenix Lord would get no penalties for jinking? Or a reduced penalty, like BS3.
>>
>>47338541
Meant Attack Wing, from Skies of Death.

Fighters Ignores cover vs other fliers.
>>
>>47338353
>Im just another Tau fagging retard

Everyone can see your stupidity except you. Congratulations.
>>
>>47338541
BS 3 while Jinking would be a nice touch.

I'm not sure what sort of Relic would be good. I would say those super-holofields that get stuck on the Eldar Grav-tanks, but that might be a bit much.
>>
>>47338519
Why wouldn't they be?
>>
>>47338486
>an extra round of shooting from the entire army isn't going to an assault army.
sure

The fucked up thing is your now backpedaling to defend adding a rule that fucked up a lot of the game because it's the only solution you can see to. a. thing that is an intended feature of the game.
>>
File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
How come people who play weak armies are such shitters
before some accuses me of playing something like eldar I play KDK
>play game with nid player
>we both agree not to do a waac list and no gargantuans
>he brings 4 flyrants and a barbed hierodule
>remind him we agreed not to do waac lists
>"IT'S OKAY BECAUSE MY ARMY ISN'T THAT GOOD"
>mfw
>>
>>47338589
don't even like tau, especially the direction they've been moving.
But I categorically object to removing an intended core part of a factions play style in the name of balance.
>>
>>47337054

Better fucking flyers.
>>
Why are snipers so worthless? Even if you hit everytime, you average half a wound per turn. The range is rarely anything amazing as well.
>>
>>47338669

Because they no longer have pinning or anything.
>>
>>47338642
at that point you should've switched from kdk to incursion
>>
>>47338626

Just asking, I only ever really hear of them being used as a combi Melta squad in a drop pod.

Having five dudes dive out of a Razorback to make use of their versatile ammo sounds kinda fun though.
>>
>>47337054
Positive:
More aliens

Negative:
Less "hard" suit variants, differentiate by wargear packages.
>>
>>47338669
Yeah they're pretty shitty but that's why they are the special weapon costing 2/ppm in most codexes.
>>
>>47337054

Pathfinders with Infiltration without the need of a formation.
>>
>>47338682
It could work pretty well. It's probably not as reliable as deleting stuff as a drop-pod squad, but they could just as easily drive up the board in a Razorback to do it. Plus then you get the extra firepower of the razorback to support them.
>>
>>47338707
What codexes get them besides Marines and IG?
>>
>>47338607
Most phoenix lords have very improved survivability. Assuming the guy is using a regular Crimson Hunter, we're talking 10/10/10. Maybe something like the wave serpent shield (blah blah the phoenix lord is so skilled at piloting his craft even perfectly placed shots glance at the last moment due to his superhuman reflexes) so he is almost guaranteed to survive 3 shots? Bear in mind a regular Crimson Hunter is already 160 pts so we would be talking about close to 300 points for this guy.
>>
>>47338737
Eldar

It also happens to be the only awful unit in the entire codex
>>
File: ranger-sniper-team-hr.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1995) Image search: [Google]
ranger-sniper-team-hr.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1995
>>47338669

In the current configuration, you need a shitton of snipers to benefit themselves from precision rule. It goes against the image of the solitary sniper team.
>>
>>47338788
Eldar get them for free, or well per default.
>>
>>47338737

Tau have sniper drones and Kroots with Sniper ammunition. Both good.
>>
>>47338788
>the only awful unit in the entire codex
What are storm guardians?
>>
>>47338629
>an extra round of shooting BS1 shooting
ftfy

To be honest, overwatch is nothing compared to the random charge range nerf.

Maybe 6+d6 next ed.
>>
>>47338770
Well, it was Titan Holo-fields I was thinking of, which basically would give them the ability to just outright ignore about half the shots fired at them.

A Wave Serpent shield might be better scaled to him though. Say it's a lightweight relic version that can be used on aircraft.

Definitely going to end up very expensive though. With all that survivability along with BS 7? He'll probably be the most expensive Phoenix Lord by a longshot.
>>
>>47338799
Two snipers should be able to forfeit one shot so one sniper spots for the other, making them precision shot on 4+.
>>
>>47338824

Storm Guardians are pretty solid. They're just... Disposable chaff. Not really what you want from the codex.
>>
hey guys, are plague marines easy to paint like normal space marines? are they alright first models?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.