[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this the top selling card of the week? Why is it going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: steamflogger_boss[1].jpg (30 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
steamflogger_boss[1].jpg
30 KB, 210x300
Why is this the top selling card of the week? Why is it going up in price for no reason? It's still useless.
>>
Maybe the hype for Kaladesh made people believe Contraption since its now an Artifact subtype or stores got some info leaked.

Remember people thought the same for Big Game Hunter and it never appeared in SoI despite having the Madness mechanic.
>>
>>47332582

Is this going to be the new Mirrodin?
>>
Pretty sure this happens anytime an obviously artifacts matter set gets announced. I'm willing to bet the same thing happened around Scars of Mirrodin as well.
>>
>>47332612
For now we dont know and we dont care.
>>
>>47332612
Dunno anon, but seems Rigger will be some creature type ala Allies fron Zendikar.
>>
>>47332530
I recall reading that maro in some blogatog post said something that could be understood as "maybe"
And knowing that they desing months and months ahead ...
SPECULATION
>>
File: 121.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
121.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
A guy in my LGS was selling his 30 playsets for 5€ each
Shit's crazy, man
>>
File: 1439967499572.jpg (301 KB, 1234x1024) Image search: [Google]
1439967499572.jpg
301 KB, 1234x1024
Why do Wizards care about the secondary market?

Why not just reprint all modern legal cards above 3$ like there's no tomorrow so everyone can play and jews get btfo?
>>
File: bloodbraid_elf[1].jpg (31 KB, 207x294) Image search: [Google]
bloodbraid_elf[1].jpg
31 KB, 207x294
Why does she look like a meth addict?
>>
>>47332668
Because it would cause a lot of players to cry foul and because the secondary market works like their hype engine.
>>
>>47332677
Because she's an elf.
>>
File: 1463085973157.jpg (13 KB, 469x469) Image search: [Google]
1463085973157.jpg
13 KB, 469x469
>>47332767
B...but Anon...Elves are always g...graceful...right?...RIGHT?
>>
>>47332677
Dunno. I hate this art, though. Other art a superior.
>>
>>47332677
Nice resolution, bro
>>
>>47332530
It's ridiculous on two angles. Even if you take it as a given that Kaladesh will have contraptions the idea that a 4 mana lord will be modern playable alongside cards which were part of a design process which it's separated from by a *decade* is insane.
>>
>>47332677
I like this art better because there's actually blood in her braids, unlike the other one with the pristine silver-haired waifu
>>
>>47332530
Kaladesh is the Steampunk India plane, so obviously the mechanic on STEAMflogger boss is going to get printed there, buy them while you can, duh! Doesn't matter what contraptions could possibly do, or if it gets reprinted, or if they even ARE printed in Kaladesh, gotta buy it now before everyone else does!
>>
I've been buying a couple every two or three months for the last couple years. I think somebody's wise to my scheme.
That said, even if I decided to offload now, I wouldn't know where to do it that would get me any appreciable amount of money.
>>
>>47332530
>Price when up slightly from misplace hype.
>Speculators noticed slight price change.
>Speculators drove price up.
iT'S NOT LIKE THIS IS ALWAYS HAPPENING OR ANYTHING.

>>47332668
The secondary market is FLGSs.
And FLGSs sell most of the packs.
They also run drafts, which sell yet more packs.

If WotC doesn't keep the secondary market alive they sell less packs.
Also of note, the secondary market is "free" advertising.
>>
>>47336198
Man, those 6 dollars can get you a fancy menu at a fast food joint
>>
>>47336353
FLGS?
>>
>>47336198
How many do you have?
>>
>>47336446
I think I'm just under 40? University has been interfering with my ability to collect in addition to the price going up to ~$.40 a pop.
>>
This is how I feel about these sorts of things.
>>
>>47336388
LGS = local game store, not sure about the F
>>
>>47336388 "Friendly Local Game Store"
>>
>>47332668
Jews have a code:

Jews stand by Jews, so the Jews don't Lose.
>>
>>47332668
Because the big retailers like SCG generate both interest and income.
Interest by mainting a website, stream and events.
Income by directly buying product to get singles.
>>
>>47336908
Wow, it's almost as though price is determined by how badly someone wants something and what they're willing to pay.
>>
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/144610328663/are-mechanic-e-and-contraptions-the-same-thing#notes

Contraptions unconfirmed for Kaladesh. Have fun with your stockpiled Steamflogger Bosses. :^)
>>
>>47337367
Explanation: "Mechanic E" was something Maro wanted in original Mirrodin but never found the right set for it up until Kaladesh.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.