[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WARHAMMER 40K: TAU PAINTING HELP!!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Hey warhammerfags,

I am starting to get back into WH40K and need advise on painting my Tau.... I am going in Saturday to get all the shit I need. I am thinking of painting them a blue type colour, but I am unsure of what colours I need to actally get.... Any help would be good...... I want to paint them kinda like this...... Deep sea blue armour, orange highlights (maybe).... and am stuck with what I should paint the undercoat..... I need a shit load of advice on the specific paints, including highlight paints, etc..... And any other advice you guys can give me.....

Thanks warhammerfgts <3

P.S don't judge me on my choice of Tau :P
>>
File: hjUIT5U.jpg (118 KB, 762x429) Image search: [Google]
hjUIT5U.jpg
118 KB, 762x429
New Viorla but green or blue instead of red.
>>
>>47331455
You paint them the color of failure because Tau a shit.
>>
>>47331612

bruuuuuuuuuh
>>
>>47331455

That's a sharp sword
>>
>>47331455
Err.. you know that blades are much more effective when you pull them from their scabbards right?
>>
OP here

So, basically this kid of Tau blade is more of a spiritual or bonding type thing..... They are rarely used in combat and symbolise the squad or something.... I think they do some blood ritual with it when they become a squad together..... He's basically symbolically telling his squad to charge..... so yeah
>>
>>47331769
>>47331806
Tau don't use their knives as weapons, they undergo ritual group scarification, called Ta'lissera, or "Bonding Knife," where they pledge their loyalty to one another and the Greater Good. It's almost like becoming battlefield married to your squad.

By holding the knife up, the Fireblade is reminding his cadre of their commitment to selfless sacrifice.

It's like a Commissar waving a gun at the people at the back of the squad, but instead of being an asshole the Tau are being happy-good-feelings.
>>
>>47331769
>>47331806
>Tau in charge of not being buttfuck stupid
>>
>>47331895

This is what I tried to explain. Very well done. I figured a shitty answer to a shitty question would have kept this Imperial fools satisfied. ;)
>>
>>47331995
>smarter faction in WH40K
>buttfuck stupid
>>
>>47331769
>>47331806
>Still as effective as a chainsword
>>
>>47332935
Remember when in 6th they briefly made Chainswords AP 5 to represent the fact that a chain blade will cut through armor better than the pathetic kicking of a Tau's hooves?
Pepperidge Farm remembers
>>
>>47332959
>Chainsaw blades
>Cutting through metal
They're exactly where they should be right now.
>>
>>47331455
Fellow Shas'O, use this to illustrate your ideas:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/fwp.php
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.