[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
100th DOOM thread today: Gurps Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (46 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46 KB, 460x215
Hey so a couple players of mine are away so our normal game is taking a backseat for a bit, we have been told 100 times to play gurps by you psychopaths and I'm looking to run a quick 4 hour game set in the doom world. where basically they're all marines (or elite guards or whatever)

hoping that because doom is hot right now they'll jump aboard, and bonus points for not needing to come up with plot or quests, its literally get your murder boner off by killing demons, stop hell, easy peasy.

so heres where you come in, because theres well over a hundred gurps books to pick from it looks like, i was hoping other people who ran doom, or just gurps players would suggest a few books needed to run

- space marine players
- killing demons
- with cool fucking guns

are there books for those three things, and is there anything i may have missed?
>>
>>47331325
>do all the work for mw /tg/ wehh
fuck you OP go read GURPS sourcebook
>>
>>47331353

right, should probably clarify, i have the two sourcebooks, thats why i asked for books for those three things.

oh and quit being a wet blanket, being confrontational does not make you cool you social outcast
>>
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=20991

http://www.identicalsoftware.com/rpg/gurps/doom.txt
>>
>>47331325

lright OP, I'm genuinely curious. You're a fa/tg/uy or ca/tg/irl, a game that you like comes out, and you immediately decide to go to /tg/ and ask for a port of the game in a tabletop rpg.
What is the process behind this train of thought? Seriously, it's not a troll question, it's just very foreign to me and I would like to understand.
>>
>>47334522
Not op but I'm in the process of setting something up for my player that was inspired by the new Doom. Playing a game or watching a movie just gets an idea going of "y'know that'd be really fun."
Same thing happened when Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 came out also.
>>
>>47334522
i am OP, and >>47334814 about covers it, like he said it just inspires you, as well as everyone will be on board with it. whats the saying Strike while the iron is hot? doom is hot right now.
>>
how's that Doom game
haven't bought a game in years and it's got that shitty DRM thing that makes it unpiratable so I didn't get to play it yet
>>
>>47336141
was expecting halo clone, less mechanics, banking on nostalgia with shallow plot.

was pleasantly surprised at the final result, nice guns, nice upgrades and gory kill mechanic. but plot is what you expect of it, its DOOM you kill things move forward and kill more things, but its nice that they tried.

oh and killing 4 nests a level got old, but otherwise i rate a solid 8/10 (if you understand this is only demon murder simulator and not expecting anything else)
>>
>>47336485

Would probably add up that the plot may be barebones but the lore gets pretty interesting since the game implies that Doom has been killing demons for eons and it has a being watchig over him called "seraphin" (read: the player)
>>
>>47336842
d-doom has lore? didn't know that senpai
>>
>>47333175
>Google's doom tabletop and posts first two results
>>
>>47334522
I'm surprised someone copy/pasted that. Thanks for the ego bump, anon.

At least OP was a bit more specific than >>47318601.
>>
>>47336923

Forgot to add that it also implies that is canon that doomguy has been in all the user created .wads and snapmaps since it is said that doomguy has been killing demons in all other dimensions
>>
Ultimate doom is so simple, you could make an entire boardgame following the literal game rules.

I WOULD if I new how to read the source code.
>>
>>47338588
Why not make a dungeon crawler ?

http://doom.chaosforge.org/
(rogue-like doom)
>>
Doesn't WH40K share a lot with doom? marines killing demons? is there some kind of Gurps 40K?
>>
>>47339815
>Why not make a dungeon crawler ?
I am talking about a tabletop game, not pc game.
Also I am talking about literally using the game rules.
To help us, doom has even a randomization table instead of using "digital dice", you look at the number on table, and each time you need a random number, you use the next number on the table (going back to the start of the table, when table ends)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.