[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's have a "weeb game" experiences thread /tg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 22
File: 1430355353404.jpg (350 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1430355353404.jpg
350 KB, 900x1200
Let's have a "weeb game" experiences thread /tg/
Tell us about your experience with weeb players, GMs, games in general, ect...
>>
File: Speak with Beasts.png (703 KB, 816x1200) Image search: [Google]
Speak with Beasts.png
703 KB, 816x1200
>>47328588
To be honest, I find "weeb" players to actually be better roleplayers than "gamers". While the weeb players with be overly dramatic sometimes, they rarely treat the game like a Skyrim-style murder-buffet.

Just avoid the type of weeb who needs to make everything into a catgirl or a loli, or who thinks Naruto and Sword Art Online are the pinnacle of anime achievement, and you'll find they're actually an alright crowd.

Actually... just stick to people who read manga, that seems to filter out the worst parts of the community since it takes actual effort.
>>
>>47328588

>my character is a were-dragon with wrist blades.

Not making this up.

Also, while not weebish, the guy called my character some variation of "vapid whore" every chance he got.
>>
>>47329084
how is that weeby though?
>>
>>47328588
I played Tenra Bansho Zero once, it was alright. Wish I got to play more of it honestly
>>
>>47329032
>Sword Art Online
I don't get the hate for SAO Season One. It's pretty good. I really enjoyed it.

>>47328588
A couple of them have shit up games. Especially one who wanted to play Little Red Riding Hood in an SR game with a chainsaw murder boner in a part of all Black Trench Coat. Fuck that guy.

Otherwise, most of the weebshits have washed out of the games I've played in a session or two.
>>
>>47329140
its mainly because of normie/newfag association or because of S2/ALO. I'm personally a fan of the series, but that's mainly because I like the LNs and have kept up with it.
>>
>>47329101
It's difficult to describe in text. This guy was really something you had to see. Just the way he went about this character it was obvious he watched a lot of anime.

It was weeby in the sense it was a character inspired by anime OCs inspired by actual anime tropes.
>>
>>47329140
the first half of season one was pretty good. I dug the whole psychological and sociological aspects of being trapped in an MMO ex. solo players become a rarity people start banding together ,dealing with suicide and death in game. everything else was hot garbbo expect maybe the aids girl in season 3 that was partly ok.
>>
>>47329140
Honestly I think most of the hate comes from the fact that the main character is either bland as dirt or that his only real character quality is "I spent alot of time grinding at this videogame, so that makes me strong.".
>>
>>47329227
To be quite honest, Kirito never came across as a character was as edgy as everyone made him out to be. He accomplishes what he does via willpower and preservation, which an admirable trait I think. The way he is portrayed in the anime is somewhat different in the LNs, but in a way that I can't quite describe in words. But yes, he is really bland.
>>
>>47328588
I'm currently in a campaign that's an affectionate send up of JRPG cliches and characters. It's pretty interesting because everyone at the table has different experiences with JRPGs, the GM being inspired largely by Shin Megami Tensei, one player being based very loosely off of Jade from Tales of the Abyss, my character basically being a joke about how much Sazh from Final Fantasy XIII looks like Richard Pryor, and the other player being a Mareep.
There have been references to all kinds of Japanese games, anime, manga and Eastern mythologies. Off the top of my head there's been a pair of soldiers named Tetsuo and Kaneda, a pair of warriors from the far away land of "Orientia" who are named after the guy that wrote the soundtrack to Berserk, 7 magical balls that when collected summoned a giant dragon that could grant a wish (if you killed it and ate its heart), and a Yuki Onna.
It's been a really fun campaign, and our GM's ability to make shit up on the fly is very impressive.
>>
>>47329305
Willpower and preservation are about as generic as it can get for anime protags, right up there with POWER OF FRIENDSHIP. More importantly, what alot of anime portray as "willpower" is just reckless stubborness (but you know, it's OK, because everything will work out for the protagonist because of plot-armor anyway... unless the anime in GOOD, in which case it will blow up in their face.)
>>
>>47329347
sounds pretty cool. what system are you guys playing in?
>>
>tfw will never be able to play a game in the Nanoha setting
feels bad man
>>
>>47329367
Mutants and Masterminds.
It works really well for a game like this where the focus is on making characters with thematic and weird abilities, and no one is trying to make anything too powerful.
>>
>>47329140
>I don't get the hate for SAO Season One. It's pretty good. I really enjoyed it.

Probably me being a nitpicker, but the whole premise just kind of falls on it's face if you examine the core conflict in any detail. The amount of R&D fuckups that have to happen to let a high powered microwave emitter into a gaming helmet is staggering. The thing would weigh over ten pounds just from the microwave sitting in it. It'd be unwieldy as fuck to actually wear and probably lopsided. The thing would never get to manufacturing. Let alone wide circulation.

Next up is how absolutely brain dead some of the characters act in the first season.

>Oh. We're doing super good. We can totally take a dungeon double our level.

The game is fucking mathed out for them. The dungeons will kill them if they fuck up and they're taking risks like complete tards. Kirito doesn't even fucking speak up when they want to go waltzing into death's open gullet like a line of spiky-haired lemmings. Then they fall for the single most obvious trap in any game-related anime ever. I'm surprised the entire guild didn't choke on their own tongues before meeting Kirito. They're mindbogglingly stupid.
>>
>>47329381
No magic setting with player shops?

I'd give my left leg for that.
>>
>tfw I keep getting called out for making references to metal gear in my characters
>>
>>47329427
Punch them in the face and shout RULES OF NATURE
>>
>>47329427
Metal Gear?!
>>
>>47329364
Never said it wasn't generic. Just said they were admirable qualities. Then again, I am a fan of battle shounen so I have a bias for that kinda stuff. And again, I don't really like the anime does his character justice (not that he is a really complex character) but moreso how he is always being helped out by others in order to accomplish his goals. The Alicilization arc really nails this feeling I feel. And again, we aren't talking about "anime" as a whole, but moreso SAO, which portrays Kirito's willpower as somewhat of a supernatural and instinctual force that can change the mere fabric of a virtual reality and make wills true. I can't really overstate how much this isn't presented in the anime.
>>
>>47328588
I've played and ran L5R. It hasn't been very anime though, more Akira Kurosawa.
>>
>>47329442
Rising is such a meme game now its so cringey just to make references to it.
>>
>>47329467
>Literally Neo from The Matrix
>>
>>47329418
>No magic setting with player shops?
huh? what do you mean?
>>
>>47329484
It always sucks when something actually good becomes a meme. You can't talk about MGR without it turning into a bunch of people spouting quotes. You can't talk about Death Grips without people starting to incoherently scream Takyon. You can't talk about vaporwave without everyone just repeatedly saying AESTHETIC, and basically nothing else.
I just wish the people who talked about the things I like actually liked them.
>>
>>47329495
>every character must be 100% original
>>
>>47329536
This is exactly how I feel about anime as a medium as well as Japan/Japanese as a culture/nation.
>>
>>47329562
Jesus fucking christ, you're right.
How did I never see it before now.
>>
>>47329481
I've been wanting to play L5R for a while now, how is it? I can never really find people that want to get into it without them being complete and utter idiotic weeaboo trash
>>
File: 1452155222836.jpg (115 KB, 736x499) Image search: [Google]
1452155222836.jpg
115 KB, 736x499
I had the best weeb portraits 40kRP ever saw. Something I will still boast about to this day without a shred of guilt. That being said, I just play them like I play any other character without a weeb portrait. Mostly because trying to imitate cliche'd anime/manga/VN/etc. dialogue in English is as bad as meme spouting.

There is one person in my Shadowrun group, however, who plays a weeaboo elf infiltrator; as in an actual weeaboo who is running to pay for his figmas. He plays it so straight that it's a fucking riot.

>>47329562
Yeah, it's getting worse now that anime is regaining semi-relevance in the west. But then again I've always hated my contemporaries like the contrarian faggot that I am. Goddamn millennials, I have to be lumped in with them.
>>
>>47330023
As a contrian myself, I totally sympathize. Which reminds me of a failed Shadowrun campaign I played where I was a racist, nationalist Japanese human who hated all non-humans because of his time in the Imperial Army (as well as the Japanese mercenary forces)
>>
I played and GMed GSS with much success. I have to admit I'd like to play Maid too but it's really the kind of game in which you either are with other people that have the reference material in their head or not.

>>47329601

I'll bite. It's very cringy, because it tries to be... well, not deep, but a realistic political game.

There would be way too much stereotypes for that even if the metaplot wasn't shit.

It's not really that much "japanese" either. Take the monsters for example.

To be fair though it's not REALLY weeb-ish, aside from muh honor.

(I don't like the system either, but actually that wouldn't be hard to change)
>>
>>47329415
as much as I enjoyed season one, the entire time I was thinking, "couldnt someone just use an E.M.P to destroy the helmet before it killed the wearer?"
>>
>>47329140
>I don't get the hate for SAO Season One. It's pretty good. I really enjoyed it.
I'd say most of the hate is hype backlash.
>>
>>47329504
I think he's mixing up Nanoha and Recettere
>>
>>47330210
I still don't get the reference.
>>
>>47330221
Recettere is a sort-of JRPG where you play a girl who runs one of those item shops where fantasy adventurers buy and sell all their weird dungeon shit
>>
>>47329084
Was your character a vapid whore, though?
>>
>>47330248
Still don't get how you could mix those two up
>>
>>47328588
The only thing the weebs in our games really do is try to convince the rest of us that the definition of "weeb" only applies to people who are worse weebs than they are.
>>
File: 1372723996010.jpg (30 KB, 270x345) Image search: [Google]
1372723996010.jpg
30 KB, 270x345
>not just exclusively playing and running anime themed games
>>
File: All the Tokens Part 2 of 5.png (7 MB, 1726x3325) Image search: [Google]
All the Tokens Part 2 of 5.png
7 MB, 1726x3325
This is part 2 of 5 of the collection of tokens I use for my games.

Just how high would my games rate on the weeaboo scale?
>>
>>47330313
Ten. On a five point scale
>>
>>47330313
>>47330347
Come on anon, that's a 7 at best.
Remember we have to accommodate for those who still think katanas are TEH BESTEST WEPUN EVAR!1!
>>
>>47330392
Yes, but considering that all we have to judge him on are those tokens, that's 1/3 of them, and he apparenlty uses them, it's pretty weebish
>>
>>47330392
You're literally using moe anime girls. 10 out of 5. You asked us to rate.
>>
>>47330313
The weebiness doesn't bother me, but the fact that almost all the characters are female, lolis, or traps kinda makes me Magical Realm wary.
>>
>>47330416
Not him but what does that make those katana wankers then? 20? 50?
>>
>>47330409
>that's 1/3 of them

>part 2 of 5

You mean 1/5th.
>>
>>47330313

>only Ranko

I swear, Cinderellafags are the worst.
>>
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>47330445
Oh no. I guess some part of me had decided to shield myself from the horror and reduce the number.
>>
>>47329467
I came to this thread to tell you you're a fucking weeb and you ought to be ashamed
>>
>>47330502
>fucking implying
I actually am informed about Japanese history, politics, and culture and have been studying the language for 5 years. I'm also part Japanese.
>>
>>47330520
That sounds like the kind of thing a weeb would say.
>>
File: Air.jpg (78 KB, 736x624) Image search: [Google]
Air.jpg
78 KB, 736x624
>>47330347
>>47330409
>>47330416
If you think that that's a 10/5 on the weeb scale then you have seen nothing.
Yeah, that's weeby as shit, but there's much worse out there.
I mean, look at this shit. Imagine if he'd used character portraits from this. It would be horrifying.
And honestly, I can't make out which specific character archetype any of those are supposed to be based on the pictures. You can get some idea of personality based on the pictures, but you can't specifically sort them into the different dere types. Neither of the glasses wearing characters look like they fit into the "glasses character" archetype. I don't see a single pair of shimapan.
Make no mistake, this is weebshit, but it's only the tip of the iceberg.
2/5
>>
>>47330257

Not really. She was the party mage is a sci fantasy game. She wasn't a bookworm but she wasn't a dirz either. Nor was she particularly slutty in any way.

As soon as I said my character was female, he took the opportunity to sandbag me in character every chance he got. But was totally amiable with the party's make characters. It was bizarre.
>>
>>47330528
And that sounds like the kind of thing a meme spouting retard would say.
>>
>>47330539

How do you say that in japanese, then?
>>
File: Astrologian.png (863 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Astrologian.png
863 KB, 750x750
>>47330424

I run anime-fied Planescape exclusively.
>>
>>47330558

How does it work? The Lady of Pain is motherfucking Haruhi?
>>
>>47330557
そしてそれはメム言っているバカのセリフみたいな。
>>
>>47330558
I've seen you post about a year ago, how is your game going?
>>
>>47330529
>Neither of the glasses wearing characters look like they fit into the "glasses character" archetype. I don't see a single pair of shimapan.

Only one character there has glasses.
>>
>>47329140
>I don't get the hate for SAO Season One.
My hatred for S1 stems entirely from the pacing, I continue to feel like throwing in the side chapters when they came chronologically was a mistake and that it made things drag on far too much early on and at times felt kind of (as much as I hate using this word) "forced," the Sacchi episode in particular being a massive example of this.

But that's just my opinions on things, and I'm someone that hasn't given a shit about SAO since GGO since GGO was the last time I actually enjoyed it.
>>
>>47330583
078 and 113
>>
File: blue.png (805 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
blue.png
805 KB, 750x750
>>47330572

She is mentioned at times but never appears.

>>47330580

I have burnt through several campaigns by now, all with the same players. Sadly, I cannot say that these campaigns had fared well at all, since the players eventually grew disappointed by them for one reason or another, forcing them to end early.

I am currently trying again with the same players, hoping that this time will be more successful than previous attempts.

I was previously running four games a week (sometimes five), but now I have slowed down my pace to two games a week (sometimes three).
>>
>>47330625
>Four games a week.
Nigger, why would you do that to yourself? I can barely sustain one Ryuutama game let alone four seperate games a week.
>>
>>47328588
Played Maid RPG at a convention.
Great fun was had by everyone. No magical realm.
>>
>>47328588
We played Maid RPG where our master is a Chuubinyou and the 4 of us are like his stage props and special effects

The mansion didnt survive a week after that
>>
>>47330625
>I was previously running four games a week
That would explain why you kept disappointing your players, focus your attentions on one really good campaign as opposed to several mediocre ones.
>>
>>47329398
>M&M anime style
My melanin-enhanced brother of dubious african origin.
>>
File: CgBH3fuWQAAwTNC.jpg (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CgBH3fuWQAAwTNC.jpg
81 KB, 600x600
>>47328588
I only play "weeb" games.
>>
File: Dragon.png (948 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Dragon.png
948 KB, 750x750
>>47330706
>>47331118

They were two separate campaigns with two sessions a week. Both had the same players.
>>
File: canon never ever.png (142 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
canon never ever.png
142 KB, 456x320
>>47330558
>I run anime-fied Planescape exclusively.
>Up to four campaigns a week
But why?
>>
>>47330575
これもうわかんねぇな(錯乱)
>>
>>47329140

I remember watching it with a few friends back before anyone knew anything about it other than the fact that it was "the" anime of the season. I thought the first three episodes were great, and Kajiura's name alone is enough to get me to watch something. After that 3rd ep though I kind of had this "What the fuck are they doing?" feeling as everything went down hill for half a dozen reasons, and I knew it had jumped the shark once the godmodding loli admin program was randomly found in the woods and started solving plot problems. I had voted to drop it there but everyone else wanted to keep going so I went with without complaining since, ya know, friends. About two or three episodes into the 3rd arc though everyone had agreed it wasn't worth it anymore.

I forgot what the point was in my blogpost. Anyway I think calling SAO good is going too far but at the same time I also kind of hate the people who rag on it constantly. They probably do it because of the extremely high number of people new to anime who think they found a 10/10 holy grail and keep trying to insist it is that good though. Reminds me of when Elfen Lied came out.

SAO really is just not good for at least a dozen reasons, but so are a lot of other anime that (generally) no one attacks people for liking. The main reason people hate it so much is the fandom, which creates an anti-fandom that in some ways is just as bad.
>>
>>47331789
>3rd arc

Sorry, I meant 2nd arc. Fairy MMO one.
>>
>>47328588
Odd. I hadn't thought about it, but everyone in my group openly likes and watches anime but all of our games are pretty strictly western convention.
>>
>>47329140
Is players in mmorpgs hating beta testers an actual thing, because I never play mmos and I remember thinking that that was a completely retarded reason to present the protagonist as an edgy loner for the first few episodes until waifus and friendship happened.

Then again the idea of them giving beta testers weapons that are completely different from anything else and unavailable in the actual game for anyone else seems pretty dumb too.
>>
>>47329347
If you never took the chance to yell "tetsuo!" at the top of your lungs, you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>47332043
No good MMO does that. At most they get some cosmetic items or an easier start.
>>
>>47332043
Most games wipe the characters from beta to release. What you get is advance knowledge of how shit works and maybe some cosmetic items as a reward for participating.

(games that have "open beta" that never ends are a special exception)
>>
>>47328588
The roleplaying scene in my country is almost inexorably tied with the anime scene, so it is quite rare to find a player who hasn't been an anime fan first and a gamer later. It does affect the general "feeling" of games in here compared to games I've played over the internet with people from other countries, but I don't think it's bad. For once, unlike in many countries, there's actually a female majority in the gaming scene, so it's possible to have female characters in a story without it being terribly cringey. It also means most players have a different idea of what roleplaying should be ABOUT - maybe because of the female majority, the archetypical PBP game in here, for example, isn't a dungeon crawler, but a "school romance simulator". These rarely if ever have any rules, give the GM a very different kind of role than many classical games, and are nearly 100% based on roleplaying. Even when the formula is complicated, it's usually within the conventions of some kind of anime genre - most commonly by giving the students superpowers in some way or another.

What all this means that, if and when these people "progress" into playing "real" games around a table, they bring with them a very different set of expectations and skills. Some grognards would probably hate it, since players here tend to have a hard time getting used to the idea of rolling dice and checking numbers instead of just doing whatever they want, but on the plus side, growing up on narrativism also means they place a huge value on telling a story, which is generally conductive to them being friendlier with the other players, more creative in their approach, and more liberal with their roleplaying.

It does mean that every once in a while you sit down to play Exalted and someone insists on being a catgirl loli with a giant scyth, but I've only actually seen this happening once and in the girl's defense, this IS Exalted.
>>
>>47329601
No that guy, but I'll share my experience. The system is actually pretty fun to play, as well as making characters. You need to have a completely different paradigm to say, D&D, though; dungeon crawling is simply not possible, and you're going to spend more time in political intrigue or solving unrelated problem that in battle, most likely.

It's not really weaboo, but you'll always have someone that wants to make it an anime, to an extend.
>>
>>47330313
I've used 090 as a token as a player.
>>
>>47332239
Was he cute?
>>
>>47332043
As far as I know, not in the west.

I have been a part of half a dozen MMO launchers for games heavily focused on guild verse guild end game content and the beta was always seen as a trial run by higher ups in guilds. It is where you try to find the most effective and efficient methods for obtaining land, materials, and levels while showing off how great your guild is by performing pve/pvp accomplishments to get your name out there in order to recruit more members before launch. The majority of players simply join a guild and benefit from their leader and officer's knowledge and accomplishments so there is no reason to complain unless you joined a shit guild and hate the other more practiced and informed guild for being better than yours. If someone in power in a guild complained about it it would still just come across as whiny and unprepared, and I have personally never seen anyone complain about it.

The people that are actually hated in MMOs are credit card warriors. GvG focused MMOs tend to be korean, and korean MMOs tend to have cash shops, which tend to have at least some form of buyable power. The worst examples I have seen actually kind of became BBEGs, spending thousands on the game and gathering a cult following from twitch that acted as willing slaves in the guild, paying insane taxes and gathering materials to empower their guild leader to absurd levels, to the point where I have seen 2v12s end with the 2 winning.

Having a protag that wins because they have a bigger wallet doesn't make for very good story telling though.

In its defense SAO does a few things that make it less dumb like the limited number of beta players and the life or death situation, but it is still pretty damn forced.
>>
>>47332195
>every once in a while you sit down to play Exalted
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Better be 3e.

What country is it? Brazil?
>>
File: 800px-Close-up_of_mole.jpg (84 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
800px-Close-up_of_mole.jpg
84 KB, 800x600
>>47332349
>roleplaying in anon's country is tied to anime
>gotta be Brazil
>>
File: 3D&T Alpha Revised cover.png (948 KB, 920x604) Image search: [Google]
3D&T Alpha Revised cover.png
948 KB, 920x604
>>47332450
>>
>my character is a pregnant dwarf ninja who moonlights as a maid
>>
I always AM the weeb player/GM in all my games. I do try to keep my power level under control and since I mainly prefer older anime so nobody catches my references.

My current Dark Heresy character is a techpriest (that everyone thinks is an adept) inspired by Paptimus Sirroco from Z Gundam.
>>
>>47329165
Think. Imagine. Write. Imagine. Write again. Erase. Feel. Write.

It's not that hard, anon. Stop being a voice-only fag.
>>
>>47333208
Wrong quote there matey?
>>
>>47328588
I admit I used to run BESM in college.

Even when you're running a game for anime fans, though, I've found that it just doesn't come out very weeb because the cultural assumptions are so different. For example, my players all voluntarily played characters over the age of 18, and when one of their characters was attracted to someone, they just said so and either started open courtship or accepted rejection rather than doing all the weird pervy shit that happens in mainstream anime. When they went to a hot spring, everyone behaved themselves and a relaxing time was had by all. It was fucking weird.
>>
>>47333346
It's not weird at all. Most people who aren't sperglords ignore the more "trope-y" behaviors in anime as the flavoring. They're there to: a) appeal to sperglord otaku b) serve as a crutch for uncreative writers
>>
File: 1435199730288.jpg (168 KB, 1047x1572) Image search: [Google]
1435199730288.jpg
168 KB, 1047x1572
>kind of a fujo
>full-on weeb
>star wars fan
>not a big fan of videogames
>reads a ton
>cosplays 2-3 times a year
>historian
>writes erotic fanfiction for fun
>owns three cats
>always dates younger
>looks like Aubrey Plaza
She's our DM and she's pretty cool, she helped me score with the other girl at the table
>>
>>47332349
No one here plays Exalted. A loli catgirl with a huge is very easy to make with >>47332860
>>
>>47333286
"I can't describe in text" is the main "reason" voice-only players use to show how illiterate they are. "I can't write it, it's too confusing! Let's talk over skype!" To hell with 'em.
>>
>>47333577
Sounds like a fucking babe, anon.
>>
>>47333653
You don't have to get so upset that your voice sounds like somebody cheesegrating a cat.
>>
>>47329032
The moment when I find someone is using an image I put on 4chan in the first place. *pinks tear*
>>
>>47329140
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uON7ANNOi4
>>
>>47329140
Sword Art Online gets hate because the writing is shit and the characters are bland, I mean I guess that's par for the course nowadays, but that doesn't excuse the laziness. SAO gets the brunt of this hate because it's particularly bad, have you read the LNs? It's literally self insert fan fiction tier.
>>
>>47329536
Well anon, it'd help if you started liking good things
>>
>>47333928
Two years of glopping, anon. The SAO novels are the great literary masterpieces of our time.

Funny story, the writer of SAO has publicly stated that the protagonist Kirito has a big dick and is great at sex, because he got so salty about all of the ntr porn people were drawing about his self-insert.
>>
>>47333577
>not a big fan of video games

Why even bother? :^)
>>
>>47334017
I have that quote from the LN framed somewhere. It is an ironic masterpiece.
>>
My DM in a M&M game put in a self insert DMPC who was the leader of the "Japanese Justice League" and his only "super power" was "super discipline" that allowed him to become the greatest swordsman who ever lived, meanwhile everyone he was supposedly better than had powers like ice beams and controlling density. But this man and his fucking Katana could destroy them all with a flick of his wrist.
>>
>>47328588
I once played a game of L5R with my good friend Tom from england.
One of the best god damn games I've ever played in my life, but without a doubt the most Weeb.

We all died eventually, but it was most honourable.
>>
>>47334017
oh man, now I know for sure that kirito is just an author self insert
>>
>>47332253
He was the jewest, dumped all skills in merchant-related stuff. So yeah, it was good for busyness
>>
>>47330313
Is there a full version of 142?
>>
>>47332089
We've only had reason to shout "Kaneda!"
>>
I have a weeb GM that keeps things fairly on the level.
There's a nation called Yamato, and it's populated by half-elves that have some sort of race complex- "We're not half-elves, we're Yamato.". There's a lot of Monks and a refluffed shaman class called "Shrine Maidens".
No masterwork katanas folded 10,000 times, but in our campaign (which is really low-powered) they do have steel, which is pretty rare and expensive.
>>
File: giphy.gif (203 KB, 279x240) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
203 KB, 279x240
At university I knew someone who had his anime homebrew RPG published (presumably self published). In an actual hard backed book. I took a look through, it looked like proper weeb garbage, complete with terrible deviantart-tier artwork.

Can't for the life of me remember what it was called, or even if there was a proper print run. If anybody recognises it, please let us know...
>>
>>47328588
Oh.

Right.

More of this shit.

There is enough material to at least get her something like a helmet so it's harder to dash her brains out with a stick, and probably enough to keep her from being so readily eviscerated or stabbed in the vitals.

But nooooo, let's squander it on limbs.

And don't say she's going to be approaching from that side or something, there is still plenty of space to get fatally wounded on the torso - of that side of her body.

Never mind that kind of sword is not traditionally, particularly defensive. I guess that might keep some of the pressure off, but is that realistically, going to protect you? Being hyper aggressive?

You aren't going to avoid being cut all the time, and being that aggressive sort of precludes defense if taken to an extreme.

And the kind of self satisfied wanktastic style she will be using that eats up Iajutsu crap like nobodies business will be that way.

She could also have shark mail and that would be pretty good especially if she expected to be throwing down with other teenagers using primarily cutting swords, although her bones might still get broken. What you gonna do though?
>>
>>47330529
i just found my next character portrait
>>
>>47335813
Here's your (you).
>>
File: Cerebella_and_Feng.png (480 KB, 1280x837) Image search: [Google]
Cerebella_and_Feng.png
480 KB, 1280x837
Flat chest or big tits?
>>
>>47336584
dfc
>>
You know, normally I'm willing to forgive the artistic license a series will take to establish a scenario, most works of fiction involve scenarios that simply wouldn't happen in real life (and biofeedback death is simply common in cyberpunk, as silly as it is). But a lot of the assumptions on how people would behave in such a situation were largely dumb.

Off the top of my head, the MC min-maxing HP and Constitution and being the only one who did so. Which doesn't make sense because, if you were in a game where that bar hitting zero meant you died for real, most people would be prioritizing increasing that bar. The actual meta would instead revolve around making such increases irrelevant (through high-attack, status effects, whatever) while at the same time taking advantage of the lack of raw attack power that such prioritization on perceived survivability would create.

While larger than life or even silly scenarios are perfectly acceptable in fiction, when you're trying to get the audience to care about the characters, some thought in how people would respond to such circumstances give over the top stories their grounding.

>>47333872
I wish that video that had Duke Nukem reading SAO's two years worth of semen chapter was still up somewhere. It was the only way to read it.
>>
>>47333577
Why aren't you holding hands with this woman already?
>>
>>47336584
I'm a flats man myself, but I definitely get the appeal of big tits
>>
>>47329162
I dropped the LNs during the Alicization arc.
By that point it felt like a completely different story with the old cast stapled to it as a marketing thing.
>>
>>47336584
Tittymonster, but only when she's dorky and ashamed of her big fat jugs and tries to hide them away by wearing frumpy sweaters.
>>
>>47337767
the alicilization arc is the best arc i have no idea what you're talking about. legit the best setting/premise/plot/characters in the whole series
>>
>>47336584
I love breasts of all sizes.
>>
>>47328588
We are talking about weeaboos here right? Not about people who only like some /a/ content?
>>
File: wan wan.gif (67 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
wan wan.gif
67 KB, 600x400
>>47337868
Okay, but what if those big fat jugs were lactating?
>>
>>47329140
Overlord is far superior
>>
>>47330154
or cutting the power supply...
>>
>>47338484
Overlord is very much a different kind of thing. If you were going to compare SAO to something better you would want to do .hack//, especially seeing how .hack// was released the same year SAO originally started as a web novel if I remember my timeline correctly.
>>
>>47338484
Comparing trash with shit won't make it smell any better anon.
>>
File: 1371740937184.jpg (860 KB, 834x1334) Image search: [Google]
1371740937184.jpg
860 KB, 834x1334
>>47336584
Big magic tiddies
>>
>>47338474
Drink from them until they stop desu.
>>
>>47328588

I more or less run weeb games exclusively. It's satisfying to run these when I see the enjoyment my players get from them. Though being a player in such a game would be nice.
Generally, they'll play like a shonen/battle manga type thing. I use a homebrew d20 mesh of things for the system. It isn't perfect but is functional enough for what I want to do.

Generally the story will start out with the PCs at their hometown or whatever. It'll focus on their daily lives (slice of life-ish) and have occasional non dangerous fights against weak enemies.

Something big will happen before long that'll drive the characters to leave home and venture out into the world in search of something or someone or whatever.
From there it is a globe trotting adventure as the PCs travel from location to location. Arcs unfold as they do battle against powerful villains and monsters and explore all sorts of locations. They'll meet weird/interesting NPCs and grow stronger all while learning about friendship.

It may sound childish or silly, and it a lot of respects it is. But it's really really fun.
I want to eventually do something like JJBA and set it on Earth since every game I've done up until now has been set in a fantasy world.
>>
>>47338819
can I have a quick storytime anon? this sounds pretty intresting since battle shounen is one of my favorite genres
>>
File: Higher Garuda.png (433 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
Higher Garuda.png
433 KB, 600x500
>>47338975

The campaign I've been running is two years old, but I can tell you a bit about how it started. Can't promise the abridged version will sound very interesting but I'll try.

>Starts off in a small village on the far east side of the only continent in the world. PCs are all young villagers in their teens. Two work as guards, another as a waitress. One is a rich noble type.
>The four all have special abilities, but this is common in this world. Abilities are ranked from E (worst) to A (Best)
>Lately village life has been awful since the formerly corrupt mayor has been replaced with a far worse totalitarian
>Adventurers are arrested and persecuted against because in this world a lot of countries and towns are anti adventurer
>At one point some of the mayor's goons notice some random thing fall out of the sky and into the forest near the village
>Mayor orders the two guards, the waitress, and the noble to go check it out
>They do so
>Run into a scary bird monster in search of the falling object. Battle happens. The waitress lands the killing blow with an old sword he found along the way despite being the weakest in the group.
>They find this really weird, pretty blonde lady who lost her memory
>They bring her back
>Mayor confronts the group and asks who the hell the blonde lady is
>The woman speaks up for herself before the group can answer/lie and says that she is an adventurer
>Mayor proceeds to use a powerful attack on her, punching her through the chest
>Seems like she is dying/dead
>He orders his goons to beat her to death or something, can't remember exactly what happened
>But the group stands up to him
>Lady then gets up as if nothing happened to her and proceeds to use a really strong punch on the mayor. Sends him flying through a building and out of town
>Smiles to the party and is basically all "Hey, kids! Let's go on an adventure!"
>Party can't really stay after what happened
>Everyone goes on an adventure
>>
>>47339210
curious now, what were everyone's powers/what rank were they?
>>
>>47338819
You've never run anything full on weeb (like in Japan and stuff)?
>>
>>47337431
Because I liked the other girl better, DM-chan was a bro and helped bring us together. Now we holds hands and have sloppy interracial sex almost every day. Thank you, DM-chan.
>>
>>47339355

Guard #1 who we'll call C-tan. She has a D rank power that created vibrations. Was weak outright but she began to be able to do sonic screams, earthquakes through the ground and air, powerful stuff like that. Became the party leader.
Guard #2, H-tan: Gained the power to summon a sword. Eventually was able to summon a second, different sword. Both had magical elements. C rank.
Waitress, Mr.L: Cross dresser who has the power to create any outfit he wants. He eventually was able to create magic clothing and armors. D rank.
Noble A-tan: Magical girl. ... That's it. She can transform into a magical girl. A rank.

Another person eventually joined the group with a girl with lightning powers. A rank.
>>
>>47339411

I don't really like setting stuff in the real world. Japan as a setting wouldn't really interest me very much. I prefer making original settings and the like.
I'm not opposed to it though. Like... Maybe a Jojo set in Japan, eventually.
Or something like street fighter or whatever where everyone is some sort of ninja or martial artist in a battle tournament or whatever.
>>
>>47339433
That does sound very jojo. You said this was homebrew?
>>
>>47339479

Yes. I just do a basic d20 setup with a pool of points people can use to increase their stats and buy other attributes.
Again, far from perfect. It works though. For my group at least.
>>
>>47339471
The way most battle shounen set in Japan do it is examine the cultural and historical underpinnings of situations on a smaller scale instead of on a larger scale. I'm a fan of urban shounen that does this by exploring the small scale history and politics of a city (especially the relationship between schools). I do feel like unless you are doing a Japanese-based setting, battle shounen-type campaigns don't really work. You have to preserve the Japanese-ness in my opinion.
>>
>>47329140
I liked sao, but it's become a huge red flag for me. Every person I've met who brings it up has been a massive twat.
>>
>>47334017
>Funny story, the writer of SAO has publicly stated that the protagonist Kirito has a big dick and is great at sex, because he got so salty about all of the ntr porn people were drawing about his self-insert.
source? I've got to read this.
>>
>>47334017
That quote is fake. Kawahara has never said that.
>>
This thread has been mostly geared towards RPGs and bitching about SAO rather than board games, but my group really enjoys playing Shadow Hunter and Tragedy Looper.
>>
>>47336584
Yes.
>>
File: Qenqt9n.jpg (273 KB, 944x2164) Image search: [Google]
Qenqt9n.jpg
273 KB, 944x2164
>>
The weeb in our group, who is a friend of our DM, constantly tries to joke with me about anime, as though I'm a big fucking otaku like he is. He also named his rogue *something* Hattori, and asks me about my family heritage quite a bit.

I think it's because I'm Japanese. I'd be offended, but I'm pretty sure the guy is developmentally disabled.
>>
>>47343244
Why don't you just tell him you don't watch anime?
>>
>>47330529
What is wrong with the girls face?!
>>
>>47343914
She was made by Key.
>>
>>47333577
She sounds hot, give us her number
>>
>>47330313
If your NPC's are as cute as they look, I want to play in your game.
>>
>>47335813
>realisticaly
Autismo, go to bed.
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.