[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If milling was a tournament viable win condition, would this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: PotofGreed-YGLD-EN-C-1E.png (334 KB, 308x450) Image search: [Google]
PotofGreed-YGLD-EN-C-1E.png
334 KB, 308x450
If milling was a tournament viable win condition, would this still be OP/banned?
>>
Yes and Maybe.
>>
>>47326488

It's a touch OP, but nobody plays Yugioh aside from kids, and black kids anyway.
>>
>>47326885
Thought they played Pokemon.
>>
>>47327071
In my LGS it goes like this.
Most of the players between 16/17 up to 60 (including a guy who is 65 and who we call Matusalem + his twin brother) are into Magic.
11 to 16/17 and a couple up to 20 are into Yu-gi-oh!, 12, 11 and even below are the day players of Pokemon, and then a jump to 28 and up nostalgia fags that play pretty seriously.
The biggest spenders are Magic players tho.
>>
>>47326488
If milling was a viable wincon, the extra card from pot of greed wouldn't really make a difference in terms of how quickly you got milled, and would give you more cards to kill the other guy before he can mill you.

So yes.
>>
>>47327255
And then nobody plays Android: Netrunner?
>>
File: vortiumbooster-pack-17390-.jpg (22 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
vortiumbooster-pack-17390-.jpg
22 KB, 400x250
>>47328216
nah, but a couple do play Vortium, then there is a quite active Warhammer group
but both groups are made of Magic players when they are in the mood of something else.
>>
>>47326488
Pot of Greed, which allows you to draw two additional cards from your deck?!
>>
>>47327255
Tryhards that couldn't make the cut in MTG due to lack of skill or lack of money play YGO competitively.
Poorfag college-age people with a bunch of cards in their closet play YGO casually.

I'm saying this as a YGO player. The playerbase can be pretty chill, but competitive feels like a bunch of MTG washouts. That said, decks tend to be cheaper than in MTG, both competitive and casual.
>>
>>47327255

I legit asked people how old they were at the Yugimon contest at my FLGS. of 12 players, the range was from 20 to 22. I was pretty startled. Then I looked over at pokemon and I guess the range would be from like 8 to 50.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.