[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT brutally honest descriptions of ourselves as players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 25
Pros
>Outgoing
>Friendly
>Writes full backstory
>Tries to get along with party and build bonds
>Doesn't make passive aggressive complaints about questionable decisions in the campaign
>Tries best to support whatever plot or shtick the DM's trying to pull off
>Flattery for everyone

Cons
>Not paying attention if things aren't directly involving me
>Kissass
>Min Maxing
>GM PMing
>Character Breaking
>90% of characters have the same personality
>Usually miss the most sessions out of everyone
>Will try to sneak away to make food or do some other task at least twice per session
>Only likes playing martial characters
>Rules Lawyer
>Rules Lawyer
>Rules Lawyer
>>
>Often rages
>Gets pissed when denied actions or things in magic (A.K.A. Hates blue with a passion and refuses to play any deck that uses blue)
>Puts more effort into game night than anyone else.
>Loud
>Probably the best GM of the group.
>Accepts rule of cool as long as t doesn't blow out more than half of the rulebook.
>>
>>47324741
>>Rules Lawyer
>>Rules Lawyer
>>Rules Lawyer
You wouldn't have fun with me as a GM. If it fits the situation I change the rules on the fly.
But only then, I don't do it for shit and giggles, but if I think the group should sweat some more, the monster has suddenly 50% more HP or something like that.
>>
Pros
>Funny
>pretty clever, can play characters at the top of their intelligence
>Actor, good roleplayer
>meshes well with other players
>good player and good GM
>I know when I'm wrong about something and I'm willing to accept it
>never makes unrealistic or outlandish demands of the GM, plays the game fairly
>doesn't min max, builds for solid mechanical and thematic elements
>doesn't take more than my share of the food

Cons
>doesn't like conflict with other players, always neutral
>sometimes fucks up rules
>touchy about being talked down to
>forgets pencils all the damn time
>never brings snacks
>>
File: 1457907153794.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1414) Image search: [Google]
1457907153794.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1414
>>47325117
would play with/10
>>
>>47324741
Pros:
creative
group-oriented

Cons:
flaky
attention deficit
>>
>>47325117
>Funny
>Intelligent
>Charming
>Classically trained roleplayer
>Humble
>Treats GM well
>Makes characters the way everyone says characters should be made

But alas, my deadly flaws:
>Doesn't conflict with players (really hard for me to admit)
>Doesn't know rules perfectly
>Dislikes being mistreated (sry if that sounds unreasonable)
>Doesn't bring snacks
and worst of all...
>Forgets pencils

lfg by the way
>>
>>47325117
I don't know what you consider good or bad so I'm just going to put stuff up and let you decide based on personal preference.

>read all the rules and fluff
>attempts to interact with setting
>don't like murder hoboing
>pm the gm/do things on the side I don't necessarily want the party to know about
>try not to rules lawyer, or at least not to be a dick about it.
>Decent roleplayer, I try to get into the role, and I like making pretty fleshed out characters.
>do not being food
>I can be kinda insecure
>I sometimes have trouble putting up with people's shit. Example I will have words with lolrandumb players if they persist in being absolutely daft. Once or twice is fine, but if it's a pattern, then I'm going to talk with them about it.
>Can be very vocal advocating what I think is best for the party when making decisions as a group.
>>
>>47325312

Did not mean to link to that guy, meant to link to op, add one more

>make silly mistakes when I'm not paying attention or I'm in a hurry.
>>
File: 1444180669252.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444180669252.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
>>47324741

Pros:
>Team player
>Good sport
>Give GM full character profile
>Come up with interesting characters

Cons:
>Have trouble learning rules
>Easily frustrated
>Opinionated
>Character preferences are predictable (big guy (don't) who kills things/small girl with issues).
>>
File: you have my ear citizen.png (47 KB, 175x186) Image search: [Google]
you have my ear citizen.png
47 KB, 175x186
Pros
>Likes to get into character
>Can remember rules well

Cons
>Likes to get into character even when nobody else is
>Awkward
>Near-autistic about rules
>Probably actually autistic
>Can't express self well
>Short temper
>Every character is the same tragic backstory bullshit
>Really bad ideas
>"Everything needs to be about me and my problems"
>Flaky, complains about players being flaky when GMing
>Jokes excessively, complains about players not taking anything serious when GMing
>Honestly kind of an asshole

Overall I give myself a 9.5/10, would give a full 10 if I swore less
>>
>>47325238
You're right, it's not as brutally honest as it should be.
I'm pretty unfocused as a player and I go off on tangents and I interrupt the action to ask questions a lot. I have zero variability when it comes to the characters I make, they're all pretty cut and dry heroic martial dudes with some kind of gimmick. I make a lot of decisions that I think are cool or interesting for the story that can fuck up things for the other characters (one of my subordinates lost an arm because I told him to steal a Warscythe out of a Necron Lord's hand). I'm impatient, too. If I'm not actively doing something I just space out and I have to ask about things out of character because I just don't pay attention. As a GM my encounters aren't all that interesting and often poorly balanced, having to adjust them on the fly for fairness oftentimes. I'm too reliant on set pieces and my campaigns always run short because I can't plan for player's just doing their own stuff a lot of the time.
The mistreated thing is unreasonable, though. I fly off the handle for stupid shit sometimes.
>>
Pros
>Not Adolf Hitler risen from the dead to lead a fourth reich

Cons
>Everything else
>>
Pros
>ALWAYS PLAYS A TALKING CAT WITH OVER THE TOP SCHEMES

Cons
>ALWAYS PLAYS A TALKING CAT WITH OVER THE TOP SCHEMES
>>
>>47324741
Pros
>Good roleplayer, "party diplomat"
>Can resolve a lot of conflicts without combat
>Brings food

Cons
>The only reason I'm playing with this group is because I wanna get in the GM's pants
>Tries to resolve everything without combat because I'm terrible at combat
>Wants to be the center of attention (of the GM)
>>
I have been reliably informed that I am a rules lawyer.
But a kind of responsible one, like a perpetually overworked public defender or an advisor for Amnesty International.
>>
>>47325549
>>Not Adolf Hitler risen from the dead to lead a fourth reich
Anon sorry to say that, but this is also a con
>>
Pros
>Eternal GM and happy about it

Cons
>What's the opposite of a rules lawyer?
>>
File: 1462934380293.png (538 KB, 864x720) Image search: [Google]
1462934380293.png
538 KB, 864x720
>>47325690
Are you me?
>>
File: TK.jpg (271 KB, 1215x667) Image search: [Google]
TK.jpg
271 KB, 1215x667
This is me
>>
>>47325690
>What's the opposite of a rules lawyer?
Mother may I?
>>
>>47325725
We need to come up with an antonym for Rules Lawyer
>>
Rules Hippie / Anarchist ?
>>
File: 1412183940725.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1412183940725.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>47325881
>Rules Hippie
This sounds right
But I hate hippies
>>
Pros
>I will always work with other players to make my character fits the group and the setting
>I supply enough backstory to define my character but leave some things vague or open ended so the DM has something to work with
>as a result of being a former Forever DM, I am good at recognizing plot points and encouraging the group to follow along with the DM's story

Con
>I have absolutely no patience for players who make brooding edgelord characters who don't want to participate in the group or don't trust anyone, and I make this abundantly clear
>I have no tolerance for secrecy, vagueness, mysteriousness, superiority, etc. from other players, and even when NPCs do it I mock and insult them in character
>On the rare times I am not the DM, I am super critical of the plot (internally, rarely aloud) and am rarely satisfied with the story

Not even humblebragging, these cons have seriously negatively influenced the flow of games I've been in
>>
>Rules lawyer
>Outgoing, but speaks too much
>Steals the spotlight, but doesn't actively mean to
>Uses voices for many foreign characters
>Gets off topic a lot
>>
>>47325740

What is this? I need this in my life.
>>
>>47326164
didn't mean to use trip.
>>
File: TK2.png (543 KB, 1208x462) Image search: [Google]
TK2.png
543 KB, 1208x462
>>47326186
Comic series is The Boys
Guy in the pic fucks a meteor to destruction in order save the earth
>>
>>47324741
Pros
>has shit together
>decent at coming up with things to do in game
>builds decent, non min maxed characters

Cons
>rules layer when I am player
>bitches during homebrew settings
>has no real overall plot for my games

In my defense, I came up gaming in some pretty shit hombrew campaigns that were admitted to be the gms' novels and stories they were testing on us.

When I started running, the same gms were my players. They would take advantage of me wanting not to railroad players that their characters were all bad attempts at chaotic neutral/neutral evil that wanted to murder-fuck their way to power.

Put up with this because, at the time, my town had no real internet connection outside of a bank and there was nothing left to do that did not involve hanging out in a swamp.
>>
File: 1445311165647.png (46 KB, 255x234) Image search: [Google]
1445311165647.png
46 KB, 255x234
>>47324741

+excellent reader of people which makes me good at telling what will make people have a good time and get along.
+can put myself in others peoples heads and "imagine" being them to predict their next move because of above, including fictional peoples heads making me a good roleplayer.
-have a hard time brainstorming characters. I have to piece characters together out of other peoples ideas and cant roleplay for shit until they develop a persinality which takes a lot of time for me.
-Insist on backsest GMing on anything involving investigative work.
-salty about characters if I couldnt respect them as a person
-drive the GM mad with the way my characters do anything investigative but he likes that I force him to flesh outvall the details.
-drink too much.
-jaded
-"If they were raped then killed as opposed to killed then raped youd see less damage to the genetalia. A few years ago I responded to... you look sick you alright?"
>>
Pros:
Always will to learn new system
Will read splatbooks till the sun comes up if need be
Can be a DM or player
uses a coaster
Good at worldbuilding, learning lore
Can do voices and impressions if need be
Cons:
Not Adolf Hitler risen from the dead to lead an Eternal Fourth (or Second Third) Reich
Needy
Wants others to RP just as hard as I do
Can latch onto character ideas and be unwilling to part with them
Can easily generate gimmicky and/or overly powerful characters, even in new systems

I'm sure there's more
>>
>>47325455
Atta boy. We'll call that first post a rough draft.

>they're all pretty cut and dry heroic martial dudes with some kind of gimmick

I changed my mind, I like you now. If you want you can give me contact info and possibly get in my next game, I'm trying to gather good players. The people I know are fairly cool but most of them are weak roleplayers who kind of do their own thing.
>>
>>47325451
>Jokes excessively, complains about players not taking anything serious when GMing

Same, it hurts when my party points it out but ive gotten better
>>
File: tmp_8784-gDw2nN01528903002.png (565 KB, 575x408) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8784-gDw2nN01528903002.png
565 KB, 575x408
>>47324741
Pros:
>Always show up for game night
>Makes the group laugh
>Works with group to make a character that gels with everyone else
>Actively tries to keep GM's story moving

Cons:
>Walk the line with chaotic random (think less Kender and more Chaos Sorcerer)
>Unintentionally metagames
>Can't keep focused on the game
>Fudge rolls just a bit
>When GMing, can't create a proper story and just bullshits everything

Overall, the good outweighs the bad... mostly
>>
>>47325402
I hear you man... Reminds me of one of my first games. I told them that I was sort of new and they were like "Oh that's fine man, we'll help you out!" but they never really did. They weren't worried about it at all and expected me to feel the same, but I'm just sitting there not really knowing what to do most of the time, and then they would chuckle at the weird, ineffective shit I did as if it was all in good humor.
Worst of all I was trying to play a wizard. In a high level campaign. Who used a bow. In 3.5.
And the more I fell behind with everything and the more they joked about it the more it wore away at my nerves, and they started to think I was some sort of intense, angry person instead of just recognizing that I was struggling to keep up.
We eventually got into this fight with some weird extraplanar guy (no clue what he was supposed to be, he was described like he was a human, but he was extraplanar) who kicked the shit out of everyone. For once, being ignored was to my advantage, because everyone but me got knocked out pretty quickly. I got a multi-round disable off on him and thought I finally had my moment.
Trying to be epic, I pulled out my bow and shot him in the head. Obviously that didn't kill him, so then I cast Banishment. Poof, battle won, and I was super stoked.
The GM is just silent, and I find myself confused all over again. What the fuck could possibly he his problem at this point? Is he mad that I managed to beat his OP encounter? So I asked him what was wrong, and he's like "Oh, no, nothing, I'm glad you beat the guy, you just did it in kind of a weird way" I ask him what was wrong with how I did it and one of the other players chimed in:
"Perhaps he's wondering why you would shoot a man, before throwing him out of a plane"
>>
Pros:
>Every character I make has a different voice and a (slightly) different personality
>Decent enough at roleplaying, (slightly) better than the people around me.
>Reads the damn rulebook.
>Reads the damn rulebook a second time.
>Is OK if a character dies.
>Friendly, charismatic on a good day.
Cons:
>Cannot stop playing characters with a divine flavor to them (cleric, paladin, favored soul, Undying Light-lock...etc.)
>Does not know why.
>Gets pissed when no one else has read the book as much as I have.
>Never makes enough/good enough snacks.
>Tries to play different alignments, always ends up in the CG/CN area.
>I don't always avoid optimizing, but when I do...GM makes a point of mentioning it every damn session.
>Cannot make a good story without improvising.
>A lot.
>>
Pros
>Good RPer
>tries not to hog the character interaction
>Never late. Like, ever.
>knows rules well enough
>will play the moral anchor when the rest of the party is being Chaotic Edgy
>likes to play healer when everyone else in the party choses hack and blast classes
>character personalities are varied and somewhat original
>creates them to fit themes rather than minmaxed combat efficiency
Cons
>hates strict adherence to the rules
Still fueding with DM to wave the "small races can't use heavy weapons" bullshit based soley on the fact that it nerfs the fuck out of Halflings and Gnomes without giving them an equally useful advantage.
>tends to ALWAYS take leadership role because other PCs don't into RP as much
>purposely makes some characters annoying as fuck
>always plays Dwarf or Halfling. I think I had like two characters in total that weren't short.
>>
I flesh out my characters, do lots of role playing and engage other players to share the spotlight and help them explore their characters. If I'm playing a reserved character I get bored really easily and make too many "clever" OOC jokes and comments. I don't try to hide it when I don't like a campaign.
>>
File: 1241314932896.png (19 KB, 560x398) Image search: [Google]
1241314932896.png
19 KB, 560x398
>>47327486

FUCKKKKKK
>>
Pros:
>Creative, driven, has no problem pushing the plot forward and aggressively pursuing hooks while dragging other characters into the action, cool with most stories and relatively unfazed when things go poorly, keeps cool

Cons:
>Doesn't really care about the other players or characters, is playing for his own enjoyment and won't put any effort in if he's not front and center
>>
File: delet this.jpg (81 KB, 259x383) Image search: [Google]
delet this.jpg
81 KB, 259x383
>>47327486
>>
>>47327835
girlfriend suggested I add "unrepentant powergamer" to the con list, but I consider it a pro.
>>
File: 1461888259453.png (228 KB, 463x293) Image search: [Google]
1461888259453.png
228 KB, 463x293
>Pro: Outgoing enough that I can lead the conversation if need be and mediate issues in the group.
>Con: Outgoing enough that I can shut people out of possibly doing something if I don't realize they have something they want to do at that time.

>Pro: Comes up with good ideas IC
>Con: Finds issue with a lot of the ideas my group comes up with when I might be making equally silly ideas.

>Pro: Dislikes conflict and actively seeks to stop.
>Con: Methods of stopping conflict usually involves denying the aggressor and/or being aggressive to them if they keep it up. Usually works, but alienates the problem person. (Not so bad, but can be seen as mean.)

>Pro: Funny, gets along with everyone.
>Con: Manlet.
>>
>>47327917
>Con: Manlet.
bro you're repeating yourself

>Pro: Funny
>>
>>47324741
>Cons
Use to be a rule lawyer See (Pro #1)
Forever marked as rule lawyer. People keep turning to me for answers now and I don't know them.
Jealous ease
Bi-polar I think? Didn't use to be
Feel like a mooch whenever I go over to DMs place
Picky with the pizza. Seriously pep & cheese only.

>Pro
Kicked that rule lawyer shit long ago. See (Con #2.)
Some what witty.
Able to make people laugh easily.
Apparently the very creative.
Random rolls are fun.
Tries to get along with party and build off what they build. Stat wise or Story wise
Tries best to support whatever plot or shtick the DM's trying to pull off. Hell yes I do.
Once and a while go over board and bring snacks to not seem like a mooch. No one ever eats them even if I bring what they like =(
Drive fellow players for nothing in return.
>>
>>47325690
>>47325725
>>47325773
>>What's the opposite of a rules lawyer?
A nu-male
>>
File: 1461869732938.jpg (17 KB, 252x226) Image search: [Google]
1461869732938.jpg
17 KB, 252x226
>>47327924
Damn, you got me bro. Everyone loves the little guy.
>>
>>47327957
it's like having a fatter friend
>>
File: This can't be happening.png (696 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
This can't be happening.png
696 KB, 720x480
>>47327486
Best Banepost I've read in months.
>>
>>47327973
Fatter? But I'm not nearly as heavy as them! That's a weird way of putting it.
>>
Pros:
>Friendly and likeable
>Solid knowledge of the rules and setting
>Very good roleplayer
>Writes engaging backstory and setting elements for the GM to play with
>Doesn't mind getting her character and party in trouble for the GM's amusement
>In-character ambitious help move plot forward

Cons:
>Unrepentant powergamer
>Rules lawyer
>Argumentative
>Hogs the spotlight
>>
>>47327996
it's not that you are the fatter friend, manlets are like the fatter friend. they make you look less fat in comparison.

or less-manlet.

basically everyone's a giant next to wee man
>>
>>47328109
I suppose. Doesn't help much when the manlet is the most outgoing and only one with a girlfriend though. The manlet meme was always kind of funny to me.
>>
>>47328162
I'm glad I'm tall, but being a manlet wouldn't be so bad. Being able to fit in most vehicles is a blessing.
>>
Pros
>full of ideas
>eager
>polite
>witty and funny at times
Cons
>terminally shy at first
>inexperienced
>shift worker (only available on weekends consistently)
>gay, and a bit innapropriate/flirty at times
>>
>Pros
>Pretty decent roleplayer (acting throughout my life semi-professionally, as well as no shame)
>Punctual
>Friendly
>Good memory and rules knowledge
>Good at improvising

>Cons
>Lack of shame sometimes leads to me making an ass of myself
>Asshole
>Flirty
>Get bored easily, bad at hiding it
>Habitual pot smoker, often show up high
>Bad at doing different voices
>Depressed and sometimes fail at hiding it

It's a mixed bag
>>
>>47324741
Pros: friendly, easygoing, all of my models are painted before they see the table

Cons: I silently harbor intense dislike for you if you powergame, rules lawyer, or demonstrate poor sportsmanship

If I play you (Infinity, board games, WHFB, 40k) and you act like a waac guy, or any behavior I dont care for - I never play you again. Its kind of extreme, I know. But thats how I am.
>>
>>47327486
My sides
>>
File: MOUTH.gif (512 KB, 640x372) Image search: [Google]
MOUTH.gif
512 KB, 640x372
Haven't done TG stuff and only RP'd on WoW but I'm still doing one anyways because I like this board and want to be included.

Pros
>Extremely creative in fights
>Really good at exploiting opportunities
>Almost always well-liked by group
>Good at making up backstories and character psychology on the fly.
>Never plays edgy characters.
>Good at describing things
>Makes really well put together outfits.

Cons
>Good at taking opportunities to do something amazing, ends up making group really circlejerky, makes it hard to live up to people's expectations and derails shit.
>Just cycles through ten personalities for characters
>Character arcs threaten deviation from the GM's plots.
>Places no real limit on individual character's power, always try to match opponent.
>Insecure about skill and sad when not included
>Really high standards
>Can't RP straight white guys or elves. No fucking clue why.
>>
>>47327667
>Still fueding with DM to wave the "small races can't use heavy weapons" bullshit based soley on the fact that it nerfs the fuck out of Halflings and Gnomes without giving them an equally useful advantage.

Well there's the +1 to attack and AC.
>>
>>47324829
About that MTG blue...

Pros
>good hygiene
>can keep up a friendly conversation over casual games
>knowledgeable on lore, but doesn't sperg out over it.
>doesn't use meme decks

Cons
>mainly uses black blue mill

I'm sorry
>>
Pros
> Keep track of spells and other such meta-nonsense for the party, as well as actual spreadsheets for our various financial schemes.
> Only one to regularly assist DM with building the maps (Tabletop simulator is a cruel mistress.)
> Will always assist our less autistic players with creating new characters because I've got the 5e char gen system memorized by this point.

Cons:
> Absolute shit at role playing, I can't think on my feat worth a crap for complex characters, albeit, that may be more because I don't plan a personality out.

> Slightly over-possessive of party split between me and the other leader guy, although the other party members seem to go along with it.

> Will do really fucking cringe characters and motivations because I can.

Middle ground
> Intentional get edgy as fuck gear (Ex. renamed glaive as scythe) to get the DM to give me something better, which bites me in the ass because the DM I do this to does not understand the whole char levels/gear paradigm.

FUCK THIS D&D5e shit, I'M GONNA HOST MY OWN GAME, WITH DTD40k7thED, AND HOOKERS.
>>
pros
>great actor/voice actor
>very creative as a DM
>pretty damn good at improve and quick thinking
>fairly intelligent
>good at balancing even seemingly OP monsters.
>good storyteller

cons
> i forget my NPCs can do certain things.
>change rules circumstantially
>fudge rolls if i feel the outcome is too ridiculous/unreasonable
>sadistic.
>single out the player who is pissing me off the most.

all in all i think it all works out well.
>>
>>47324741
Pros
>write a full backstory taking what lore we have in to account, make sure it informs my actions
>very good roleplayer
>never try to actively derail a campaign*
>literally never take in-game conflicts personally, always keep it at the table
>willing to admit that someone else might just understand the rules better than I do and move on
>willing to play any sort of character if needed to fill out the party

Cons
>actually dislike combat, gives me a headache, thusly I'm not very helpful at planning out plans during a fight
>have a tendency to try and avoid combat because of this, even with characters who should be actively seeking it out
>if I'm positive I am right about something, it's difficult for me to drop it, even when it's me against the entire table. though this is only when I have no doubt I'm right, which isn't very often
>get really deep into character, don't take as much into account what the other PLAYERS might be comfortable with, as opposed to what seems acceptable with the characters and world
>out of character I'm really awkward and have trouble socializing with people I don't know fairly well
>will go against the DM if it makes sense for my character to do so, but never for teh lolz XD
>>
Pros:
>Excellent acting and voice work.
>Takes character interaction seriously.
>Characters rarely carry too many fragments of my personality.
>Eager to have a good time with individuals with similar pros.

Con:
>Will not hesitate to flat out drop a group if they don't share my pros.
>Can get a little irritable about others being out of character for too long.
>>
>>47328826
I'm more concerned about why you'd inflict UB mill on yourself - are you new or just a masochist?
>>
File: 165498732.png (411 KB, 382x600) Image search: [Google]
165498732.png
411 KB, 382x600
>>47324741
Cons
>passive aggressive sometimes, when I am in a foul mood
>a Fucking Rules Lawyer
>complain when my character seems to be weak (and sometimes when things do not go as planned: I'm working on this...)
>sort of pessimistic
>likes anime/manga-style drawings and will use them as character portraits
>can't do voices for shit
>should learn to fucking shut his mouth sometimes I'm working on it...
>hatred for 2edgy4u angsty little shits

Pros
>flexible in character creation, as long as my character is not the weakest of the party (and can hold his own in a fight, usually)
>on time for games
>enthusiastic for games
>like to interact with PCs and NPCs alike
>brings drinks and snacks
>>
>>47327462
I like you anon. We are kindred spirits.
>>
File: 1456960737720.gif (997 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456960737720.gif
997 KB, 500x281
>>47327486
>>
File: careful with the whisky.jpg (91 KB, 500x530) Image search: [Google]
careful with the whisky.jpg
91 KB, 500x530
>>47324741
Pros:
>Will put a lot of work into my characters and do what I can to give them a backstory that fits the setting
>Very outgoing
>Will try to actively roleplay within the party whenever possible
>Not afraid to disagree with other players IC; as a DM I encourage conflict between the PCs
>Will not bring IC shit OOC
>More concerned with the flow of the story than the survival of my characters
>Will disregard all OOC knowledge as a player
>Will bring snacks and more often than not an Islay Whisky
>Never forget my character sheet
>Always bring enough dice for the entire table

Cons:
>Will nag at GM for setting info so I can best make a character that fits the setting
>If the GM gives me free reigns to do whatever I want, I will make a character with a backstory that introduces major new elements to the setting
>Will often come with OOC quips to keep the mood around the table light
>Not as much a rules lawyer, as a rules stickler. Change as many rules as you like, but be consistent with those changes!
>If the other players aren't as active or sure in their roleplay, I'm fast to take the lead in all social encounters
>Both as a player and a DM I have next to no patience for lol-random joke characters in a "serious" campaign
>Never remembers writing utensils
>>
File: 132654987.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
132654987.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>47327486
>>
>>47325165
Wow that's a heart warming Megumin.
>>
>>47325402
4... Aww.
>>
>>47328684
Not in 5e
>>
>>47327486
My God I haven't been taken in like that in a long time. I dub this post, "The Fresh Merc of Bane-Air". You did good, anon.

100/10
>>
File: 1448746738337.jpg (174 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1448746738337.jpg
174 KB, 600x800
>>47327486
I can go back to bed, my day is complete.
>>
File: uneplane.webm (2 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
uneplane.webm
2 MB, 960x720
>>47327486
>"Perhaps he's wondering why you would shoot a man, before throwing him out of a plane"
Being throwing a man out of a plane and then shooting him is ridiculous.
>>
Pros
>Roleplay my hardest
>like to be strong enough to carry new players but not min max
>always shows up
>try to include everyone
>always new types of characters every new campaign
>always have fun
>can lead the party

Cons
>hates railroad
>don't like when people break rules, even by accident
>cigarette breaks
>likes attention
>hate people on phone, dislike if people are bored
>Roleplay > combat
>>
>>47334114
>Roleplay > combat
How is that a bad thing?
>>
Pros
>Plays in character
>Plays outside the box
>No edgy characters ( except ironically for an oneshot )
>Cooperative
>Friendly
>Tries to interact with party and NPC's when possible
>Brings food to sessions every once a while.
>Not a sore loser
>Calm

Cons:
>Always concerned over if other players are annoyed by you
>Become passive if I feel like I have been hogging the spotlight
>Maybe bit shy
>Plays too much in character ( eq. "my INT is too low for my char to do that" )
>May force too much memes and anime
>Always double checking the rules / forgets stuff ("What can I do in one combat round?" "What dice should I roll again?")
>>
>>47334579
Combat gets tedious for me but the other players like it. One in particular lives for combat
>>
Pros:
>reads the rulebook
>open to unpopular party roles like support/social
>exposes my group to new and in-development systems

Cons:
>flaky
>impatient
>will ditch a group if the GM is bad or if the party murderhobos too hard
>usually make that decision at the last second, without forewarning the GM, and regret it
>playing a dwarf bard who plays a steam-powered one-man-band machine is too silly
>>
Pros
>Enthusiastic when playing a character he enjoys
>Proactive
>Seeks to understand the rules well so he can play smart
>Not shy of doing IC choices regardless of perceived OOC advantages
>Seeks to roleplay rather than rollplay whenever suitable
>Patient with other players' misunderstandings and issues in-game and out

Cons
>Minmaxing
>Easily loses interest if the game is postponed often
>Suspects the GM of having it in for him when the game events turn against him
>Confrontational and irritable
>Doesn't actually like interacting with people
>Low tolerance for handwaving
>>
>>47325115
>I change the rules on the fly
Zog you
>>
>>47332252
>Will nag at GM for setting info so I can best make a character that fits the setting
>Will often come with OOC quips to keep the mood around the table light
>Not as much a rules lawyer, as a rules stickler. Change as many rules as you like, but be consistent with those changes!
>If the other players aren't as active or sure in their roleplay, I'm fast to take the lead in all social encounters

These are hardly cons.
>>
>>47331939
Aww shucks, we should start a group and fail miserably because no one can form a coherent campaign

Bet we could make some fantastic games of Fiasco and Everyone is John, though
>>
File: mymiss.png (114 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mymiss.png
114 KB, 300x300
>>47324741
Pros
>great user feedback
>encrypted DNA package style
>high definition security - no pixels!
>less miles away in your nearest dealership
>free shipping on everything must go
>null bits, really works

Cons
>warranty only included in options not including a warranty
>objects that don't fall into a sustainable binary
>no meta-population has survived this atmosphere of compression in a post-dotcom context
>ever since apple was fed to the female marketplace, the cloud has been offline
>no higher-level programming language can unite baby Babel ascending
>>
-
>can't hide emotions (+?-)
>angry and/or trying to make some pun
>plays tiefling snowflakes with self-insert personality
>magical realms for giggles
>sometimes mechanically gimped characters
>also socially gimped in not-text games, cyкa bляt
>keks and memes
>rules?

+
>attemtps to hold playaz in line even when not gming
>roleplays
>tolerates newfags and red-flag-waving guys, trying to redeem their souls from That Abyss
>(-)sometimes too tolerating
>>
Cons
>Probably autistic
>Little cash for group foods and shit
>Accidentally gets main character'd a lot
>Drinks too much at the table
>Characters are probably too similar.

Pros
>Nothing, I'm garbage.
>>
Pros
>Keeps jokes to a minimum during serious plot
>Tries to play a personality that fits class and background
>First into the fight, last out, because I tend to play the tanky characters
>Tries to keep people on track and give everyone a chance to talk

Cons
>An overwhelming desire to be DA BEST DA BEST DA BEST character in the party
>Wants to play the leader, always
>A bit too srs sometimes
>I don't like rape or racist jokes that much
>A guy we called Hoagie made a Dragonborn character called Hoagvakiin because he thinks Skyrim is the best RPG he's ever played
>Called him retarded to his face. He was the co-owner of the store I gamed in
>I got banned.
>>
Don't know which are pros or cons.

>Roleplays to the hilt.

>Doesn't care about 'power-gaming' except as it relates to character concept (e.g. if I'm to be an amazing swordsman, I have to mechanically be an amazing swordsman)

>Goes off the beaten path for character related reasons, e.g. I played a Spaniard once who kept foregoing duties because I wanted to go fuck whores (who always end up hating me); always caused problems, would never stop doing it

>loyalty to other PC's, if I don't have that for some reason then I have no reason to be with them, therefore no game

>Love the small details; the engraving on the sword, how worn the leather jacket I buy happens to be, what color hair the barmaid is, need to buy new boots after long travel because the soles are worn through, etc.

>happy to die if that's what needs to happen, but prefer to be the long-living colour that inspires the rest of the group to action (without being a determining factor in any given battle, etc.)
>>
File: failure drinking tea.jpg (28 KB, 462x427) Image search: [Google]
failure drinking tea.jpg
28 KB, 462x427
Pros
>Knows the rules really well
>Learns them quickly when moving to a new system
>Attempts to keep the party in line
>Usually the voice of reason
>Tends to play a variety of characters

Cons
>Characters tend to be optimized as fuck
>Gets pissy at other players who don't know the rules
>Gets pissy at other players who don't know how their own character's abilities work
>Get really pissy at other players who don't know when their turn in combat is.
>Low tolerance for what I see as plot derailments
>Tendency to make myself into the main character at character creation.
>Characters tend to start as sort of blank states with a couple of traits, which I characterize over the course of the game.

+/- depending on the GM
>Constantly in contact with the GM about ideas/setting things
>Loves really crunchy systems, despises people who use "Roleplay" as an excuse to playe rules-lite ones
>>
>>47331695
I've tested UB mill in modern running surgical extraction to pick out their threats from the graveyard. Was fun but pretty bad overall.
>>
>>47325645
I do this too, I remind the GM when a rule means I should fail or the enemies should succeed, as well as vice versa
>>
>>47325973
as well you should
and you should hate rules hippies too
>>
Pros
>occasionally has some absolutely fantastic rp moments, such as improvising a reason to steal from priestesses in the first session that the GM made into a subplot for the entire campaign

cons
>on my phone all the fucking time
>>
File: 1410632967302.jpg (175 KB, 766x507) Image search: [Google]
1410632967302.jpg
175 KB, 766x507
>>47339649
>>on my phone all the fucking time
>>
>>47324741
Pros
>Makes thematic characters, and makes sure they mesh well with story
>will write the fuck out of some backstory
>RP's his character hard, and fully gets into character
>brings snacks and beer for group
>brings loaner dice just in case someone needs them
>picks up on GM's subplot well and tries to advance it in a fun and story-driven manner

Cons
>Min-maxes like a motherfucker
>tends to make OP/broken characters for the lulz
>sometimes RP's character too hard, and causes serious party setbacks(I once chokeslammed a pope to death and started an intercontinental war because it was totally what my character would do)
>sometimes rules lawyer, or call GM out on changes in house rules that he makes for sake of story
>>
>I get along with most people
>but with those I don't, I get so stingy everyone starts hating me
>lucky those are rare cases
>incredibly lucky with dice at the right times
>and laugh like a maniac when it happens
>throw puns everywhere, everytime
>so bad puns that sometimes they are good
>be a slightly below decent roleplayer
>never talk in character, it's always like I'm quoting my char
>create characters with deep (multiple dozen pages of text, usually) backgrounds, but almost never bring them up, only if someone asks
>know most of the rules
>have an autistic boner for realism simulation in rules
>love characters with mundane-ish backgrounds or appearances, like a neutral good human war veteran mercenary (my fav character I play once in a while)
>minmax only unintentionally sometimes
>"hey this seems a logical choice for my character, I'll go down this path in character creation/evolving"
>"holy shit is this powerful"

Those are my pros and cons, I'm also too lazy to put them in a real order/right category so you decide which one is con and which is pro.
>>
>>47324741
Pros
>Friendly
>Refrains from using broken character combos unless necessary
>Tries to come up with something interesting characterwise
>Avoids edgy grimdark

Cons
>Crush on another player
>Too accommodating
>Can be too focused on realism
>Occasionally laughs at own jokes when nervous
>Characters don't make bonds with party that often (just like irl ;_;)
>>
Pros
>Gets into roles pretty heavily
>will pick niches not yet filled in the party
>won't try to build some ridiculous super-build that unbalances the game

cons
>can roleplay too heavily (characters are pretty often cowards)
>makes almost no attempt to learn the rules of a system (ESPECIALLY when GMing)
>sometimes monopolises screentime in a session

Of course most of these problems will be solved if other players roleplayed harder
>>
>>47339649
Oh god I do the phone thing sometimes, mainly if the session has got bogged down in boring combat (i.e. every single time I've played Pathfinder)
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.