[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kantai Collection of Blue Steel Quest #5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: OP image 1.png (156 KB, 354x444) Image search: [Google]
OP image 1.png
156 KB, 354x444
The year is 2040
Humanity was crushed by the Fleet of Fog, and can't risk losing the firepower they still have left.
They had to watch as their navies were all destroyed by ships that brought them hope and victories long ago.
But now, they can see these ships in a new light...

>Pastebin (I did it wrong and am unable to edit it. I'll make a new one when the need arises):
http://pastebin.com/Zq26rhgV

>Archive:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Kantai%20Collection%20of%20Blue%20Steel%20Quest

This quest runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting around 4-6 PM EST

>Twitter, so you can get notified when I run, when I'm unable to run, answers to QA questions that I miss, and when I give hints to future threads or fluff:
https://twitter.com/BoatKunQM
>LAST TIME on Kantai Collection of Blue Steel, we had a tea party on Lexington, and learned basic control of nanomaterials

>We have 1 Fate Point in the bank
>>
Its been 5 days since you had the tea party on Lexington, and you've spent most of your time working on getting used to controlling nanomaterials.

The lights in the room, much less the whole base, flash red as an alarm blares.

"FOG PATROL FLEET SPOTTED. IT CONTAINS 1 WYOMING CLASS BATTLESHIP, AND 3 CLEVELAND CLASS LIGHT CRUISERS. ALL SHIPGIRLS PREPARE FOR LAUNCH IN 10 MINUTES," the loudspeaker projects loudly, hurting your ears slightly.

You have a few options of things to do in 10 minutes before you have to go.

>Practice shortly with nanomaterials and learn a simple version of a key skill (Pick 1 of these) (Passive Decoys, Scout Aircraft, or a reasonable Write-In)
>Head straight to battle stations

Sorry about these limited options
>>
>>47323774
>Practice shortly with nanomaterials and learn a simple version of a key skill
>Passive Decoys
>>
>>47323774
>>Practice shortly with nanomaterials and learn a simple version of a key skill
>Scout Aircraft
Bah, who needs to hide when we're a Battleship?! What we need is more aim and accuracy boosts for the guns from using Spotting planes!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

So the thread doesn't die, I'll roll 1d2.
>1 is decoy
>2 is scout plane
>>
>>47323774
You decide to practice making a decoy of yourself REALLY quickly, just to see if you can pull it off at the moment and...

>roll 1d20
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>47325161
Cmon... work...
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>47325161
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>47325161
Is this a Bo3? or just one roll per poster? I'm the first roll guy, so ignore this if it's one roll per poster.
>>
>>47325309
Yeah, it's 1 roll per person. Beest of 3. So I need 1 more guy to roll.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>47325161

Lets do this!
>>
File: Lexington3.png (365 KB, 535x827) Image search: [Google]
Lexington3.png
365 KB, 535x827
>>47323774
>>47325161
You will the nanomaterial into a copy of yourself. It's almost a perfect decoy, aside from the fact that its weapons don't work.

You quickly collapse it and store your nanomaterial again, and hurry to the battle stations for launch.

Everyone else is already there, and you're just about a minute late.

You step get onto the catapult with your rig, and everyone is launched.

Lexington is already moving ahead, being slightly slower then the rest of you, and constrained by her ship.

It doesn't take long to reach your destination, and the ships spot you before you spot them. They open fire with their Photon Cannons, but they have a hard time hitting at this range, and the only girl really getting hit is Lexington, though her Klein Field can take it.

Lexington however, doesn't even notice, and decides to go all out.

Her hull splits in half, and a massive weapon is revealed.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" you yell, enthralled again by something Lexington has that you don't. "WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MANY COOL THINGS?"

She smirks. "it's a Super Graviton Cannon. Didn't your fairies tell you about this thing?"

Oh yeah. They did.

The ocean parts and her weapon fires, a bright yellow beam twisting towards the enemy fleet.
(Cont.)
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

Rolling for Lexington's success. I'll be back and writing in a few minutes.
>>
>>47326643
Her shot hits one of the Cleveland class, and grazes the Wyoming class slightly.

Her hull forms back together, and aside from the sunken Cleveland, everything continues as before.

You and the other Shipgirls decide to move in closer to the enemy, to both draw their attention away from Lexington and to deal more damage.

Pick 2
>Use a decoy while moving in
>Have Argy submerge up close and release hell with mines and torpedoes
>Have Lexington release a storm of Corrosive Missiles
>>
>>47327053
>>Use a decoy while moving in
Gogogo! Get in there and start taking attention off the others!
>>
>>47327168
Pick 2, anon
>>
File: 1291823430849.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1291823430849.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>47327053
>Have Lexington release a storm of Corrosive Missiles
>>
Rolled 7, 8, 18, 4 = 37 (4d20)

>>47327203
I'm stealing this image now.
>>47327053
Roll 1d20
Best of 3
>>
>>47327182
Ah oops.
>>47327053
>Have Argy submerge up close and release hell with mines and torpedoes

Heh heh heh, with us taking their attention, they won't notice Argy as easily!
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>47327257
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

1 is lexington
2 is argy
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>47327257
Fire!
>>
File: 134532543543.gif (5 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
134532543543.gif
5 MB, 400x300
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>47327257
Have another. Missile spam is best spam.
>>
>>47327403
thank
>>47327053
You decide to deploy your decoy, much to everyone's surprise.

You also decide for Argy to get the closest, and to get submerged and release hell upon the Fog.

Your decoy does just well enough distracting the enemy while Argy moves in and does her work. Just after they manage to destroy it, the three remaining ships have Corrosive Mines explode underneath of them, a spot not usually worth protecting due to lack of things that attack from that direction.

They promptly sink.

MISSION COMPLETE

>That's all of the questing for tonight, but now begins the QA session

> Make sure to follow me at
https://twitter.com/BoatKunQM
>for answers to questions that I might miss during the QA, to know when a new thread's up, and for fluff

Sorry that I had to end it with so little posts. I'll run tomorrow still, maybe a little earlier.
>>
>>47327555
What was the type and number of enemies that this base usually faced? did it change over time? I'm just interested if the threat level is increasing, which might have prompted more shipgirls to wake up.
>>
>>47327674
The Fog is getting more active. And the base has only really faced 'patrol fleets' like this one and the one Lexington was in.
The Fog is pressing harder near Asia however, as there are more Shipgirls coming back over there.
>>
>>47327854
Here's my pictures from when I visited USS New Jersey https://imgur.com/gallery/tSLVt
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.