[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When is Too Much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 1200x752) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 1200x752
At one does someone role-play too much?

> inb4 larping
I mean obviously but that's like saying 'you know you've drunk too much water when you're literally drowning'
>>
>>47318972
When they develop a mental disorder. I knew a kid who had to go to the local funny farm because he literally couldn't stop rolling dice to decide his real-life actions.

LARPing is just having fun with friends.
>>
>At one does someone role-play too much?
When it starts becomming deterrent to other people's opportunities to roleplay or even just rollplay.
>>
>>47318972
Booker has snacks. Ha.

You rp too much when it becomes detrimental to your life. Can't get a job because you are on roll20? Too far. But other than that, you're good.
>>
>>47318972
The same as anything else,
>It stops being fun,
>stops you doing other things you enjoy
>Interferes with your ability to function normally

Time to stop, or at least cut back
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 702x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 702x810
>>47318972
I once knew a guy who never quite caught on that he was role playing just a touch harder then the rest of the group.

And by that I mean he was full-on shouting with impossibly sweaty palms at the GM while we tried to smile but were simultaneously very concerned.

This made it harder to roleplay for us, so tried to pick up the slack single handed.

It was an...odd few sessions.
>>
>>47318972
when you are OP on /tg/
>>
>>47318972
You hit a dog with a katana.
>>
You and your friends decide to go outside and kill each other with swords, as my brother is convinced actually happened somewhere.
>>
>>47320338
happened quite a lot back in medieval times
>>
>>47320940
What did they even play then?
Caverns and Cavemen?
>>
>>47319087
>Interferes with your ability to function normally
Woah, chill with the high expectations buddy
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.