[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watching looney tunes >this motherfucking song came o
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1459613038102.jpg (356 KB, 1214x1239) Image search: [Google]
1459613038102.jpg
356 KB, 1214x1239
>watching looney tunes
>this motherfucking song came on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oe7Q8OCm5I

Holy shit, I swear this is everyone who has ever wanted to build a casting class.
>>
>>47317858
Yes, thank you for making a thread about the parody power metal you found.
>>
>>47317873
No problem babe, I try to keep up with the times.
>>
>>47317858
>Playing a caster because you want ultimate power
>Not playing a caster because you want to be the naive inexperienced student character who secretly (or not so secretly) needs the rest of the party to keep from getting killed in terrible terrible ways by the first thing with actual experience and intent to kill.
>>
>>47317944
See, this is how I always understand casters. Most people want to have ultimate power, and if I want to make a character like that I generally build some giant axe wielding homo who hits things really hard. Casters are always the most fun when they have reasonable limitations and clear drawbacks.
>>
>>47317858
I played a faggot caster like that and enjoyed myself. Sorry not sorry.
>>
>>47317858
> people who play casters enjoy reveling in their magics
In other news swordsmen fight with swords and thieves steal shit.
>>
File: gg_magi.jpg (108 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gg_magi.jpg
108 KB, 1280x720
>>47318005
>Catalog
When I want ultimate power I usually play a Cleric and make it like... the ultimate US Conservative Bible-Thumper's wet dream by being able to call on the power of MY GOD to fix all my problems and smite the unbelievers. Plus wearing armor and still being able to use spells is pretty sweet.

That or I just play a bard, and then it doesn't matter how strong I actually am because I'm getting laid all the time.
>>
File: shit's on fire, yo.jpg (65 KB, 604x558) Image search: [Google]
shit's on fire, yo.jpg
65 KB, 604x558
>>47318134
Oh you spoony bard, good choice. In real life I would love to be a bard, but I'd probably end up some sort of giant doofus.
>>
>>47317858
I'm ashamed to admit that I thought that was pretty cool.
>>
>>47318131
>people who play casters enjoy reveling in their magics
Do they?
Most people I've seen playing wizards go for the "nurd" archetype and are usually playing scholars/scientists who's view on magic is more or less scholastic.
>>
>>47318154
>Spoony bard.
Fuck no. I'll stay as far away from anything Spoony-related as possible, thanks.

Anyway, playing a Bard is easy. Just dump everything into Charisma (you don't need combat stats anyway, most of your time will be spent buffing allies), then take credit for everything everyone else in the party does. Regale crowds with tales of their epic adventures, but cast yourself as the hero who did everything. As long as you actually LOOK the part and everyone else in the party dumped Charisma, you should be able to get everyone to believe your version of events. Until they challenge you to prove it, at that point you just gotta blow them off as "not worth the effort" and hope they don't actually attack you...
>>
>>47317858
>those elf girls
Th-this is a show for kids, right?
>>
>>47318277
A little unrelated, but I always imagine the perfect bard to be that guy from the first book in the Horus Hersey set of 40k. He shows up to capture some giant boring ass rambling speech, get's bored, goes for an adventure through a dangerous space world, before getting drunk then getting the shit kicked out of him for running his mouth. Such is the life of a bard.

>>47318384
Not really. That episode was literally about going to the DMV and I'm sure kids don't know anything about that hell hole.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.