[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: 40k general.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40k general.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Check Your Super Heavies and Gargantuans Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: 20120418-194529.jpg (263 KB, 580x889) Image search: [Google]
20120418-194529.jpg
263 KB, 580x889
First for White Scars
>>
File: Slowpork2.png (39 KB, 344x375) Image search: [Google]
Slowpork2.png
39 KB, 344x375
Second for the orks, per usual.
>>
File: smug farseer.jpg (34 KB, 318x336) Image search: [Google]
smug farseer.jpg
34 KB, 318x336
>when you land the 4 charge Eldritch storm right in the thick of it
>it doesn't scatter
>>
>30" rapid fire
>18" assault 2 pinning
>5" assault 2 AP3

Fuck it's so hard to decide

I might just have to build my Firewarriors armless
>>
>>47315926
if you cant decide, do some magnets in the shoulders and arms

dont do breachers if you dont have a devilfish for transport
>>
>>47315913

Vindicators gonna vindicate-cate-cate.
>>
Don't usually post big lists here but I have a 3000pt game this weekend against IG with my Necrons.

Worth posting or should I just write of up a summary?
>>
Question about Hit and Run for JSJ crisis suits, carrying over from >>47315876

If you arnt in close combat and use H+R, do you auto pass initiative and just get to move 3d6 away anyway?
>>
File: 1459905261752.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459905261752.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
>>47315926
>friend, who plays tau, doesnt consider tau to be very good
>go over with him how many weapon options he has and their respective power
>then follow up with showing him that orks army wide get to pick either an ap 5 weapon or a 25 point powerklaw
>ask him if he feels thats fair and equivalent to what he has
>"Yup"
>>
>>47315926
If you cannot decide and only have a handful, use Rifles. The range of the others is pretty limitating and being able to shoot into the enemies backfield has its adantages.
Both others kinda need a devilfish, too.
>>
>>47315961
If your formatting isn't Battlescribe -tier shittery, post away.

Though we can basically sum up what your list should have in a few words:

Does he have flyers? Any anti-air will pop those birds and you should focus on them. Doomscythes are terrifying.

Lot of infantry means bring AP3, it's like you're fighting Marines that won't fucking die.

Try to avoid tanks because a Ark of Warriors is going to pop your shit no matter what you do.
>>
>>47315913

Once when I played Green Tide (before it was removed) I played an Eldar player who ran his jetbikes into my Tide, forcing it to bunch up, then used Hit and Run to disengage in the following turn. I rolled a 1 for consolidate. He then dropped a full charge Eldrrtch Storm on my head the following turn. Lost 24 Boyz.

Mind you I managed to swamp him in the end so it was all good but damn that hurt.
>>
>>47315966
>Not in close combat
>Use a special rule that specifies you to be in close combat
Nigga what
>>
>>47315990
Anon I think you misunderstood him, pretty sure he is the Necrons.
>>
>>47316004
Indeed.

Reverse it.
>>
>>47315991
That's devilish. I wouldn't be even mad, that's Eldar as fuck.
>>
>>47315999
every time i look at crisis suits, JSJ always comes up, everything ive seen so far states that JSJ required hit and run from retro thrusters, although it doesnt need fleet

i'm trying to understand why retros are required for JSJ
>>
>>47315975

>Tau Commander has more wounds than a Warboss
>Generic Tau Commander has the same wounds as GHAZGHKULL
>>
>>47315948
>>47315984
I'll go rifles since it's my first squad

Once I get up to a second squad and a devilfish maybe I'll try breachers
>>
>>47315884
>Don't just SAY things. Look at the actual math.
Math is subjective...
>>
>>47316030
I assume you are starting 500pt

I'm starting out aswell with (as of right now) this army >>47314936 , so it would be nice to see what you are thinking of to give myself some more ideas
>>
>>47316020
Ghazghkull doesn't get instagibbed the moment something looks at him funny
>>
>>47316019
Hit and Run has nothing to do with Thrust Move.
You get thrust move for being Jetpack infantry, you get to move in the assault phase instead of assaulting. No Initiative check, just 2d6 and move.

Hit and Run is that thing Eldar sometimes do to run away from close combat with an initiative check-
>>
>>47316019
unless i am wrong jsj is something all jetpack units can do because of their rule that they can move 2d6'' in their assault phase

so you move, shoot, then move again in the assault phase
it has nothing to do with hit and run or fleet
>>
>>47316063

Actually given that Ghazzy has no invulnerable save outside of calling a WAAAGH, exactly the same stuff insta-gibs him as does a Commander in Iridium armour (and when you next encounter Tau Commander not wearing Iridium armour be sure to tell me), except the Tau commander can at least access an inbuilt 4++ save.
>>
>>47316064
>>47316066

Cool, i can strip 15 points off my army then

so why am i seeing tonnes of retro thruster reccomendations when i search for stuff about JSJ, is it from an old codex or are people just retarded?

Someone in the previous thread said about needing H+R if you have drones with your suits, why would drones change that?
>>
>>47315975
Question. Are you kicking his ass with Orks?
>>
>>47316080
If you're bringing Ghazzy, you're also bringing a formation or a detachment that let's you Waagh every turn.
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 495x700
Trying to make a world eaters list at a 1000 points, how does this look?

[HQ]
Kharn the betrayer

[elite]
Hellbrute
-Melta, powerfist

[troops]
Chaos space marines

Chaos space marines

Cultist
-flamer, heavy stubber

Khorne Berzerker
- 8 chainaxes, 1 power axe, icon of wrath, rhino

[support]
Havoc
- 2 autocannons, 2 heavy bolters

Maulerfiend
- tendrils
>>
>>47316089
Drones are I 4 and Tau are legendary bad at melee.

You figure it out.
>>
What colour should grav glow be, heck shoud they even have a glow?
>>
>>47316089
H+R might just be useful in case you do get tangled up in melee, since the last thing a Tau unit wants is to remain locked.
>>
>>47316106
ah, so you just take it because drones have far better initiative than the suits, cheers
>>
>>47316080
The thing is that Ghazz has Eternal Warrior. The Tau Commander doesn't. And if we're talking about saves, Ghazz does have the means to get a 2++ all day erry day. You just have to built really specifically for it.
>>
>>47316093
Unfortunately.

i want them to have fun but losing all the time isnt very fun.
>>
>>47316098
Drop the Icon from the Zerkers, it's mostly wasted on them since they have Furious Charge base.

I'd also ditch the Chainaxes for more Zerkers, AP4 isn't going to help you unless you know you're against Orks or Guard and then the Zerkers are going to kick their ass anyway.

The rest looks alright, the cultists won't be doing much with their weapons, but it might deter people from charging them when they're sitting on a point. Maybe change the stubber for another flamer for that overwatch.
>>
>>47316098
a couple of questions.

1. How many CSM in the squad?

2. What are they equipped with?

3. Why the chain axes on the berzerker squad?

4. Why the mix of autocannons and heavy bolters?

5. What do you plan to do with cultists?

6. What is your helbrute going to do?
>>
>>47316096

There's exactly one that lets you do that and the only way to take Ghazzy in it is to take him in a specific formation that clocks in at 614 base, with another formation that is minimum 524 points. That's all that spent on the bare minimum; no wargear, no additional models in units, and virtually nothing in there is actually useful.

>>47316125

Yeah you can build for it, and you end up with a force that is practically useless. Ghazzy might do some damage if he makes contact, but he's the only part of that list that does damage. You have no points left over in 1850 for Tankbustas, MANZ, Mek Gunz or Battlewagons.

Honestly had forgotten he has Eternal Warrior, you have a point there. Regardless, Tau Commander shouldn't have more wounds than a goddamn Warboss.
>>
>>47316126
So you are beating his ass with Orks. Next question. Is he new/new-ish to the game?
>>
>>47316153
More wounds or not, my commander has a habit of getting his shit kicked in by instant death out of fucking nowhere. Not fun when your source of markerlights is just taken off the table immediately
>>
>>47316153
Actually, you can fit in some painful things at 1850 with the Orkurion. At the very least in the list I am running I have a squad of 8 MANz and a warboss in mega armor in waaaagh band, the ghaz council and at least 1 squad of ten man lootas. I believe reecius had a list that managed to squeeze in the battlewagon formation but I don't remember how he did it.

Also, Chapter Masters are sitting on 4 wounds. A daemon prince is also sitting on 4 wounds. I wouldn't put much stock in what 4 wounds represents in the game.
>>
>>47316192
I think what's upsetting the poor man is that generic tau commander #389071 that every tau player fields is as durable to small arms fire as one of THE greatest orks to have ever lived.
>>
So this is the list I will be bringing against my friends IG list that usually brings ~100 infantry, 4 of any configuration of Wyvern and Basilsk, 2 Vendetta and some tanks.

As I said in>>47315961 it is a 3000pt list

I haven't built my Necron collection with really winning games in mind and as such don't have the Canoptek Stuff (though a stalker would do a lot of work here).

Below is my list and after that a brief summary.

>Reclamation Legion:
Anrakyr the Traveller - 160
Gauss Immortals - 170
7 Sword and Shield Lychguard - 210
Monolith - 200
3 TL Gauss Tomb Blades with Nebuloscope - 60
2 x 10 Warriors in a Ghost Ark - 235
20 Warriors on Foot - 240

>Royal Court
Overlord w/ Veil of Darkness, Warscythe, Phase Shifter - 150
Illuminor Szeras - 110
Orikan the Diviner - 120
Vargard Obyron - 120

>Anhilation Nexus:
Doomsday Ark + 2 Gauss Cannon Anhiliation Barges - 410

>Deathbringer Flight:
2 Doom Scythes - 320

>Star God:
Shard of the Nightbringer - 240

3000/3000

Right off the bat I think I want to replace the Nightbringer with some Deathmarks (who have sick models and could do more work I think) or perhaps the Praetorian formation so I can bring a Stalker.
I would deploy with Illuminor and The Traveller in the unit of immortals that they both buffed up.
Orikan will naturally go with Obyron and the Overlord in the Lychguard Unit so they have two deep strikes.
The Doomsday Ark will sit in the farthest corner that grants LOS, ideally on a ledge.
>>
>>47316159
Apparently he played a fair bit of 3rd edition but hasnt played since
>>
>>47316211
True, but 'small arms fire' in this game is representative of miniature rocket launchers and laser guns
>>
Are Canoptek Wraiths good?
>>
>>47316144
So the marines are just base equipment, so a squad of 5

The autocannons should do some work before the heavey bolters are used

Chain axes because it's fluffy

Cultist are only to capture points

Hopefully the hellbrute will give the opposition something else to shoot at and it'll be able to hold down points

>>47316132
Awesome thanks
It's just the first run I came up with, I'll have to muck around with it a bit more
>>
>>47316237
Huh. Then he should know what's the deal with Tau. See, I had an idea. I find that with new players is that you can really skew their perceptions of the game by playing a top heavy assault army - KDK, Orks, that sorta thing - and just bum rush them. Once their locked in combat, there's very little they can do and they think that things like Tau and Necrons and Eldar aren't strong because they aren't winning assaults. But your friend isn't exactly new. He knows the score, more or less. I don't think Tau has changed much in the intervening years, so that part I don't get. Oh well.
>>
Question Time

If you had to start another army right now, what faction would you choose and why?

If you recently started another faction or your first faction, why did you pick it?
>>
>>47316221
If you have to choose between Nebuloscope and Shield Vanes, I'd go for the Shield Vanes. Not like a 3 model squad is going to be hunting a lot, you're going to be taking points.

That's a lot of special characters, you really sure you don't just want to get more Lord and Overlord for Anakyr? He can't possess named ones after all. You may want to consider a Nightscythe for that Deathstar too, the Monolith is fine, but the Nightscythe is going to get you where you need melee more reliably while you can save your Monolith for repositioning your shooty infantry.

If you bring a shard, bring a Conclave of the Burning one. End of discussion.

Deathmarks are alright at sniping key targets or countering deepstrike, if your IG opponent has neither, I wouldn't bring them. Snipers are generally fairly weak.
>>
File: 1457800155127.png (265 KB, 450x375) Image search: [Google]
1457800155127.png
265 KB, 450x375
>>47316211
>orks
>str 3
>literally as weak as firewarriors
>>
>>47316054
My first 500 point list is probably gonna be:

Ethereal
10x Firewarriors w/ Shas'ui, 2x drones, turret
10x kroot w/ sniper rounds
3x crisis suit w/ TL fusion blaster, cyclic ion blaster, and two drones
>>
Any word on if or when FW will give us updated stats for their flyers. Or should I just plan to not use the extra rules with my FW flyers.
>>
>>47316289
Imperial guard. Lot of players at my local gw play assault heavy armies; being able to hold the line and deny their charge sounds like a fucking amazing idea
>>
>>47316266
In the formation, they're one of the best units the army can bring. 3++ with 5+ RP (4+ while in the decurion) while close to the Spider is really hard to crack, especially if you keep them in melee so your enemy doesn't get to shoot them.

Outside the formation, they're still OK, but you usually have better options for the points.
>>
>>47316288
>I don't think Tau has changed much in the intervening years, so that part I don't get. Oh well.

Tau have changed pretty vastly since 3rd ed. Pathfinders are way more accessible, so markerlights are more common, and markerlights are more powerful.

Tau also have access to the big suits like Riptides and Stormsurges that they didn't have access to back then, and which, along with other additions, drastically increases the amount of AP2 Tau can deliver on the field.
>>
>>47316289
If I was starting another army now I'd do a mechanicus force. Allways been a fan of it.

Recently started a knight themed khorne marines army.
>>
>>47316274
>So the marines are just base equipment, so a squad of 5
They won't do much of anything. You're better off removing them in favor of other options.

>The autocannons should do some work before the heavey bolters are used
Don't mix and match guns. when your autocannons are shooting, your heavy bolters aren't and when your heavy bolters are shooting, they are s5 ap4 vs s7 ap4. Stick to one or the other (preferably autocannons).

>Chain axes because it's fluffy
Can't argue with that. Keep it up.

>Cultist are only to capture points
No complaints here.

>Hopefully the hellbrute will give the opposition something else to shoot at and it'll be able to hold down points
The loadout screams dark vengeance model. If so, at the very least put a heavy flamer on the thing. Other wise see about getting another power fist and heavy flamer and throw him in the face of your opponent. As it is, the helbrute can and will be ignored.

My two cents. Hope this helps
>>
>>47316289
Just started Tau

I've been in love with them since Dawn of War 1, but they were so outdated when I started playing the tabletop in 5th edition that I meandered

Only just now finally getting to return to them after all these years
>>
>>47316298
Yeah I am pretty much throwing my entire collection on the table to get to 3000. I have a metal lord I could use to proxy a cryptek so a second one would be all I need.

The Deathstar has two Deepstrikes right now and with no way to manipulate Reserves waiting for them to get on the table can be rough.

My goal is to have a decent 2000, 2500 and 3000 list that I can bring to most games and have a good war with.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>47316289
>If you recently started another faction or your first faction, why did you pick it?

Tau, I really like the idea of setting up firing lines of maximum dakka (strike teams with an ethereal telling them to fire more and multiple cadres tell them to fire even more), trying to slaughter anything that will definitely win if they get close enough by simply throwing as many shots downrange as inhumanely possible

Also i like the helmets and had a soft spot for the shitty ps2 game
>>
>>47316326
Right, they've only gone from strength to strength but the core tenets of the army - JSJ, markerlights and then kill, don't get into CC - remains the same. Maybe he's just not seeing all the toys and what they can do for him. I dunno, man.
>>
>>47316305
all of them have TL fusion blasters? seems massively overkill unless you are expecting to fight cheese alot

also remember that kroot firing sniper rounds dont benefit from the ethereal "shoot them again" buff, as sniper rounds arnt pulse
>>
>>47316289
AM, because BALLS OF STEEL
>>
>>47316340
>The loadout screams dark vengeance model
You ain't wrong, bought the chaos part of my bud but I could fashion a flamer out of Bitz I have

Alright cool I'll trade out the heavy bolters then, what could I swap out the marines for?
>>
>>47316289
If I HAD to? Shit I don't know. I already have Necrons and CSM and Daemons, I've tried Shooty Choppy and Psychic so I don't know if any other army has anything to offer.

Propably some Loyalist Chapter, maybe Flesh Tearers, could call them World Eaters in my head and pretend I'm just playing my CSM.
>>
>>47316421
Either more cultists or a bigger squad of Marines with Melta and a Rhino.
>>
>>47316453
Alright cool thanks
>>
>>47316421
If its the DV hellbrute just say the mouth on his palm can breath fire and thats his flamer.
>>
Going to a friendly 1500pts tourney at my LGS. Thinking on bringing my necrons. Restictions are : no death from the sky, no more than one allied detachment, no more than one Super Heavy, no Super Heavy that cost more than 400pts.

What do you think of this list ?

Decurion

++Reclamation Legion++
Overlord - Warscythe, Phase Shifter 125

10 Warriors 130
Ghost Ark 105

15 Warriors 195

10 Immortals - Gauss 170
Night Scythe 130

10 Immortals - Gauss 170
Night Scythe 130

3 Tomb Blades – Particle Beamer 60

++Canoptek Harvest++
Canoptek Spider – Twin Linked Particle Beamer 60

3 Canoptek Scarabs 60

4 Canoptek Wraiths 160
>>
Somebody explain Detachments for a retard like me my head hurts from reading all this shit.

Basically I just need one Primary Detachment that has 1 HQ + 2 troops and then each formation is a detachment and I can go crazy with it?
>>
>>47316380
TL FB are the same price as TL plasma/missiles, and I'm going to magnetize the models, so it's whatever.

Mostly, I want to get a valid CAD, without needing to buy a second start collecting box (the value on those Firewarriors and crisis suits is just too good), which means Kroot.

For 750 points I'm probably gonna go either 2x hammerheads, or pathfinders and piranhas.
>>
>>47316544
Not again, it literally shat up either the last general or the one before it.

Formations are Detachments so you can use an army of just them.
>>
>>47316098
Man, CSM are allready weak as they are but your list...

You have no real AT, no AA and you are running assault squads in fucking rhino. Not to mention the marines on foot.

Here's what you can do ;

>Replace the marines by two minimal squad of naked cultists
>Drop the Havocs
>Drop the Rhino
>Drop the chain axes
>Drop the Hellbrute
>Pay a Land Raider for your Zerkers.
>Get another Maulerfiend

Still weak sauce but at least you should rape any army that doesn't spam AT like crasy.
>>
>>47316544
See
>>47304079 and follow the thread
>>
>>47316491
>Reclamation Legion with Canoptek Harvest
Maximum friendliness right there.
>>
>>47316601
Well, it still is a tourney after all.
>>
>>47316582
>Buy a Land Raider
Fuck that noise.
>>47316098
Your Havocs should have all Autocannons. Autocannons are vastly better than Heavy Bolters.

That Helbrute will never do anything helpful. Best to just drop him or give him better gun.

Combine the CSM squads, give them some meltas and the Zerker's Rhino.

Cultists should be kept naked. No upgrades ever. Their only real job is to fulfill the Troop requirement of a CAD. Maybe they'll hold an objective at some point.

Chain-axes are garbage. Fluffy, but garbage. Drop them. Give the squad a Dreadclaw Drop Pod.

I'm not a huge fan of the Tendrils, but I usually use my Maulerfiends as anti-tank.
>>
>>47316644
>he fell for the 160pts drop pod meme

Might as well not run zerkers at all.

>>47316098
Just play KDK instead if you want to run with a Khorne theme. Better fluff, better gear, better everything.
>>
what the fuck is a decurian
>>
>>47316683
It's 100 Points, and it practically guarantees that you'll get to charge turn 2. It's sure as shit better than a Land Raider.
>>
>>47316289
If it has to be right now then IF successor double Demi company cause no one at my shop regularly plays marines and IF successors would fit the color scheme I have planned though I'd prefer to wait for the combined admech codex though
>>
>>47316098
'Zerkers are BAD. may as well just run CCW/pistol khnore marked marines. yiu can fit so many more in. if you want fluff, then have them in units of 8.

give the havoks autocannons all the way

air is going to cause you a massive headache
>>
>>47316374
Tell him to stop taking fire warriors and start taking suits, especially riptides. Assuming you enjoy having your asshole ripped open.
>>
File: 1461931257262.jpg (11 KB, 198x328) Image search: [Google]
1461931257262.jpg
11 KB, 198x328
What are some units that you wish you could justify running but are just so bad?

>lictors will never be good
>>
Hay

We always play with serious amounts of terrain, about 5-8 full 2-3 storey houses and debris and forests. What ways do i have as csm to avoid the initiative penalty when the whole field is just one large difficult terrain? It doesnt matter which units i use except stuff with grenades, the rules all point to initiative 1 for my kytan, daemon princes, spawn, whatever.
Why the fuck doesnt a 2 story monster thats faster than a fucking bullet get to hit first ever in a forest?!
>>
>>47316808
Waacfag away!
>>
There's something I've never understood about 40k fluff.

They have all this characters who are incredibly powerful, unmatchable warriors or tacticians, and then they kill them all off. Sure, okay. But then they replace them... with new, different, unmatchable warriors.

Why?

What's the point of killing off Horus just to have Abaddon be basically the same character? Why kill off Rowboat to have some lesser but also still incomparable chapter master replace him?

The only way it makes sense to me is if they were trying to write to the genre of "the past was more powerful", but then forgot to actually make the present weaker.
>>
>>47316834
>mfw a buddy is ordering 10 chinaman lictors to run those two Lictor formations with deathleaper
>mfw my other buddy thinks it's cheese
theyre both hardcore waacshit tourney losers...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>47315926
Always
MAGNETIZE
Freaking
EVERYTHING
>>
Guys should I just wait off till the next edition comes out before starting with 40k?

I wanted to go with orks before knowing anything but after lurking for some time and doing research I'm not sure what do.

I don really wanna get stomped by 70% of the other players and the other armys aren't really that attractive to me.
>>
>>47316881

They read about naydens lictor shame list and think they can do the same. tip: they cant.
>>
>>47316956
>Guys should I just wait off till the next edition comes out before starting with 40k?
>Orks
Yes
>>
>>47316834
Vespids.

I recently started to run vespids in all my fast attack slots. It hurts my markerlights, so my heavy supports are all skyrays, which hurts my overall firepower...

I don't want to use formations, but this new setup seems to force you into them unless you want your army to be absolute shit. I have 2 full squads of fire warriors, and ethereal and Cadre fireblade to boost them, a full squad of sniper kroot, 3 skyrays, 3 full squads of vespids, 2 squads of crisis suits, a team of stealth suits, and that is literally what my army can hold.

It fucks up MEQs, but it folds to the usual IG AV14 walls everyone brings here, where they park their tanks in a fine line, backed up against the edge of the table, blocking their back and sides for all but the 1 or 2 at end end, and then blast me off the table, because even if I could hurt them with fusion guns up close, there is no way to punch through 12 of the fuckers before the suits are dead.
>>
>>47316956

start small. next edition is a year away or 3 years, it might just be an edition 7.5 with the faq added. current rumors are full on retarded bogus from "some guy with a store".

Also orks will always be low power. Buy the "start collecting!" and just do it! its fun as fuck and orks are da best!
>>
>>47316956
Yes, wait.

40k is shit, spend the time between now and next edition learning a language or instrument instead.

Let us bittervets wallow until it dies or changes.
>>
>>47316834
Warp Talons.

The models are awesome, the idea behind is great, but they are just so freaking bad I just can't buy them.

I play with extremely casual lists, and even then i just can't.
>>
>>47316834
Ork flyers. The models are fantastic, but what are they for?
>>
What is the population of the Tau? How many Firewarriors exist?
>>
>>47316834
>Want to run Rough riders in my Vostroyan army for a long time
>Everytime I get inspired, I look at their stat-line and remember why I don't bother
>W1 T3 5+
>>
>>47317194
Jesus that's bad
They could probably do with a biker upgrade of T5
>>
>>47317193
You can't quantify anything in the setting so don't bother
>>
>>47317215
Or the general Mount/Bike = +1 T. Bringing them to T4
>>
Is the Jetseer Council still a good idea?

Seems like you could get a really stupidly durable unit with all the cover saves and save blessings.
>>
>>47317233
I read shit like "millions of Tau were killed" when the Imperium exterminatus-ed a planet and don't even know what to think.

Is that a significant loss? Statistically irrelevant? Are the Tau packing 10 billion lives per Sept? 100 billion per Sept?
>>
File: 1463098108411.jpg (45 KB, 486x472) Image search: [Google]
1463098108411.jpg
45 KB, 486x472
>>47317260
>mfw imagining my Seekers with T4
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10244834
>>
>>47317193

We don't know. The Tau Empire is situated in a dense stellar cluster with many stars close to each other. They have terraforming technology, and breed quickly. Still they are far less that humans and the Tau tend to place the bulk of their troops on rapid-reaction fleets leaving pathfinders on the planet ready to alert enemy activity.
>>
>>47317277
No idea it depends on who you ask.

One thing to consider when trying to come up with population numbers in 40k is that one of the author, Gav Thorpe, one numbered the Eldar in the tens of millions, while another author numbered them in tens of billions..

Until someone specifically states a number, the same problem can be applied to the Tau. The thing with 40k fluff is that it can never be proven is disproven since it isn't real.

>Is that a significant loss? Statistically irrelevant?
What did the book make it out to be?
>>
Is it dumb to make a blood angles list with 2 small tactical squads of 5 man teams and having loads of assault marines?
>>
File: Golden Experience Requiem.gif (120 KB, 450x310) Image search: [Google]
Golden Experience Requiem.gif
120 KB, 450x310
Is the Carnival of Pain formation from the Covens book a meme formation or is it actaully good?
I already play DE, but i wondered how the Haem lists do by themselves
>>
>>47317342
>They have terraforming technology, and breed quickly.

It's a blessing in disguise that no writer has yet gotten hold of Shadowsun and described all the children she's borne for the sake of carrying on her superior stock for Greater Good.

The wrong writer could Magical Realm the Tau into oblivion.
>>
>>47317272
Piggybacking off this, a unit with 3 different psykers can cast 3 powers at different targets, 3 different powers at the same target or only 1 power per turn?
>>
>Eldar are allegedly the best psykers out there
>their psykers do not even use force weapons

?
>>
>>47317355
wait, there's Blood Angels players that don't do this?
>>
>>47317277
That sounds so retarded. Some writers are dumb as fuck when it comes to numbers.

Millions? Even hundreds of million on a single planet is laughable. Why are there so few people there?

Still remember this one novel where vthey exterminatus'd a hive world, and it said "almost 10 billion people died in that instant, leaving the planet lifeless". Considering we are about 7 billion people on earth, a planet small as fuck, why is a HIVE WORLD not even 50% as populated?

Either finish grade school before becoming a writer, or at the very fucking least ask someone for help before looking like a complete idiot.
>>
>>47317355
Angels*
>>
>>47317392
Well, it was a planet under military occupation (and ongoing battle at that), not a colonized world. But yeah.
>>
>>47316850
>GW fluff
>making sense
>>
File: KriegFirewarrior.jpg (171 KB, 535x933) Image search: [Google]
KriegFirewarrior.jpg
171 KB, 535x933
>>47317342

>Breed.

More like they mass produce babies in artificial uterine factories.
>>
>>47317390
Haha okay, just wanted to make sure this is what people did. I haven't played since 5th edition. Trying to get back in the game. Any tips for a relative noob? Been looking at blood angels wiki, but just curious. Are baal predators good? Dreadnoughts good? Worth taking drop pod memes even with jump infantry?
>>
>>47317366
She hasn't given birth at all. The Kauyon book has a small "character arc" about her contemplating whether she should "do her duty" and become a mother, or continue serving as a Shas'O.
>>
>>47317392

Well, if it was exterminatus, then you would have to count Earth, Water, Etheral, and Air Caste casualties. But then again, they could survive in bunkers while the Firewarriors fight on the ground.
>>
>>47317416
I actually have no idea what tourneyfags will recommend for blood angels. Have a read of this though: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Blood_Angels(7E)
>>
>>47317425
>she becomes a mother
>mini-Shadowsuns
>>
File: 1000Sons.jpg (144 KB, 556x765) Image search: [Google]
1000Sons.jpg
144 KB, 556x765
>>47317387
>allegedly the best psykers out there
Nigga, please.
>>
>terminator armour suddenly gives the bearer AV9 on all sides.
>still has his invul, and nothing else changes.

How would that affect them?
>>
>>47316842

no one has an answer to this? :( i read someone said you dont get the initiative bonus if the unit you are assaulting already is in combat, is that from 6th ed? i cant find anything about that in brb.
>>
>>47317425
Yes, that's what I meant. A bad magical realmy writer could change all that, we're lucky to have the version we've gotten.
>>
>>47317425

>Implying she hasn't been cloned already.

Who needs to give birth when you have breeding technology?
>>
>>47316881
Just let him know he can't run two of that formation before he spends the money if its not too late. Deathleaper us unique so you can never have more than one in an army.
>>
>>47317453
She wont though, because Farsight is too occupied to notice her tsundere feelings for him.
>>
>>47317454
Eldar are head and shoulders above Thousand Sons. Thousand Sons might be the best human psykers but they still have nothing on the Eldar
>>
>>47317455
That's a massive nerf. Are you retarded?
>>
>>47317454
I miss the old school Eye of Horus, and there's something about clawed fingers that gets me.
>>
>>47317473
>Eldar are head and shoulders above Thousand Sons
Whatever help you sleep at night.
>>
>>47317475
>Le AV is bad meme
Pens don't matter when you already have 1 wound.

How about AV10?
>>
>>47317472
>Tsundere

No, she's straight up Ice Queen, don't fuck with my headcanon

She would have passionless, unfeeling sex for the purpose of reproduction, bearing Farsight's seed because of his martial ability, not romantic feelings.

Farsight is the fiery, emotional one.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 120x120
>>47317455
>mfw I roll explodes on a terminator squad.
>>
>>47317491
Then lasguns can't hurt them. Even then 2+ is better at stopping bolters
>>
What should I start with when building an Eldar list?
>>
>>47317488
>>47317473
Ahriman is probably Eldar tier but that's about it.
>>
>>47317509

HQ.
2 Troops.
>>
>>47317509
Wraith units/Jetbikes/Psykers.
>>
>>47317472
>>47317493
Either way we don't need more Shadowsuns.
>>
>>47317453

There are already 10 individuals with the same suit as Shadowsun. What if they are all clones of her?
>>
>>47317491
So you're definitely retarded then. Think about this for half a second. AV9 means that boltguns glance on a 5. At AV10, boltguns glance on a 6, but now you don't even have an armor save, just a 5++.
>>
>>47317522
They're body doubles.
>>
File: SpaceMarineBiker.jpg (91 KB, 902x702) Image search: [Google]
SpaceMarineBiker.jpg
91 KB, 902x702
so what do you think of this:

90- Command Squad
15 -Apothecary
25 -Chapter Standard
35 -Bikes
125 -5 power fists
60 -5 storm shields

3 armor and invulnrable saves with toughness 5 and feel no pain. 20 S8 AP 2 attacks on a charge, not counting any independent characters you add.
>>
>>47317509
Skyrunner Farseer. Two 3-man Windrunner Jetbike squadrons. A Wraithknight.
>>
>>47317439
Yeah gave that a quick glance as I already mentioned above, just curious as to what you lot think. Thanks though, it is a good read.
>>
>>47317522

Not counting Kais and Or'es'ka.
>>
>>47317491
Its not that. It just that makes them weaker, even a lasgun will kill them more easily.
2+ save terminators can largely ignore anything that isn't AP2 unless it comes in huge blobs. Av 9 or 10 terminators are fsirly vulnerable to anything S4 or more even if its AP-.
>>
>>47317471
Ones the Lictor formation with deathleaper and the other formation is just lictors
>>
>>47317493

Do the Tau feel love or pleasure in sex?
>>
>>47317538
I'm pretty sure the apothecary can't be upgraded with any toys.
>>
>>47317563
What do tau penises and vags look like?
>>
>>47317563
>>47317577
Another general ruined by tau players.
>>
>every banelade variant i like has either a shit gun or is the most waac one
>>
>>47316956
I would try to get the Dark Vengeance Starter Set. And use its contents to start a small DA army. They are not bad (except for the Captain), and with the content you have a very cheap start.
Sell the chaos half on ebay, IF you can wait, do so some time after a new starter set has come out, for increased monies.

If you want to add something to that DA army, consider buying a second tactical squad + some bikes from ebay (another DV one, because cheap). Use the miniatures to learn to play and paint.
>>
>>47317509
If this>>47317514
overlaps with>>47317519 >>47317539
then fine. Look at the stuff you like the look of, Eldar generally don't have anything that is particularly weak, bad, or overcosted.
>>
>>47317563

The Eldar made sure that they don't so they can't fall to Slaanesh.
>>
>>47317560
Alright then carry on. He might also want too consider taking that formation of 5 stealer squads a few times. 20 or so infiltrated units doesn't actually do so badly.
>>
>>47317491
look at it this way
x chance to hit
x chance to wound
x chance to save

vs
x chance to hit
x chance to glance

no save except an invuln one
if it was a marine with a boltgun firing a shot it would have a 0,66 * 0,5 * 0,166 -< 5,5% chance of killing a termie with one boltgun shot

if it's av10 then its 0,66 * 0,16 -> 11% chance
basically twice as likely to kill them so their survavibility against S4 is halved

termies arent good, why would you nerf them?
>>
>>47317577
it's on their face lol baka reckon they circumcised or do they get blue dick cheese under their foreskin!!! LOL
>>
>>47317524
Let's say you've got fire coming into a T4 2+/5++, compared to an AV10 5++.

>S4 AP5
Against toughness 4:
50% chance to wound
17% chance to bypass armor
Sum: 8% chance of wound per hit

Against AV 10:
17% chance to glance/pen
67% chance to bypass invuln
Sum: 11% chance of wound per hit

>S10 AP1
Against toughness 4:
83% chance to wound
Sum: 56% chance to wound

Against AV10:
100% chance to glance/pen
Sum: 67% chance to wound

So, it would be a considerable nerf. The only advantage would be against low strength AP2 weapons, which are rare.
>>
>>47317473
eldar *could* be really strong, but they restrain themselves from fear of perils etc. normally. Keep that in mind when comparing them.
>>
>>47317564
you sure?

they get bikes though right?
>>
>>47317311
Ya. I know it's not always the case. But seems a common theme amongst like 70% of bikers/cavalry.

And i wish Seekers were T4....
>>
>>47317538
fuck. without the apothecary, thats a major nerf, but with the apothecary, thats... also a major nerf.
>>
>>47317513
When the Thousand Sons make their own Chaos God, they can be better Psykers than Eldar.

>Ahriman, Chaos God of Dust when?
>>
>>47317618
Yeah okay fair enough.

>>47317653
Soon.
>>
>>47317538
>90- Command Squad
>25 -Chapter Standard
>35 -Bikes
>125 -5 power fists
>50 -5 storm shields
325 points, or 275 without the storm shields, (though without them they get an extra attack)

worth it?
>>
>>47317591
The only Baneblade variant that *might* be considered WAAC is the Stormlord.
>>
>>47317653
ALLFATHER NURGLE, GOD OF PLAGUE AND DEATH

SKULLTHRONE KHORNE, GOD OF BLOOD AND WAR

PANSEXUAL NONCIS OTHERKIN SLAANESH, GOD OF PASSION AND EXCESS

TZEENTCH THE DECIEVER, GOD OF CHANGE AND TRICKERY

AND GRAND PSYKER AHRIMAN, GOD OF DUst and it just gets all over everything like it really sucks guys honestly you can't even sweep it's terrible
>>
>>47317714
Maybe it should be Ahriman, god of failure, over-ambition and vanity.
>>
Last thread I was suggested to take a flying lash Daemon Prince in my army. What does "lash" mean? I didn't see anything in the Artefacts for it.
>>
>>47317709
really ? the ones i was torn between was the stormsword, doomhammer and banehammer (with tech priest and servitors crammed in the back of the last two)
>>
>>47317584
Stay mad :^)
>>
Could a genestealer turn an ogryn into a cult member?
>>
>>47317758
yes. probably very easily seeing as ogryns are very easily led
>>
How would you react if a former Iron Hand's player suddenly brings and Tau army of Battlesuits with Imperium's helmet, purity seals, and imperial eagles everywhere.
>>
>>47317584
We know how humans reproduce.
Eldar Magical Realmed an entire God into existence.
Dark Eldar literally rape all day.
Orks are fungus.
Necrons are robots.
Tyranids hatch from bigger mommy Tyranids.

Tau are the only faction whose reproduction hasn't been explained in the fluff.
>>
>>47317781
depends on his reasoning
and it better be a fucking great one because that makes 0 sene in my eyes
>>
>>47317620
Yes, because it's a squad based upgrade. All the rest are "One Veteran". The Apothecary and the Company Champion are both their own entries. Just like how a Tactical Squad sergeant is not a "Space Marine" he's "Space Marine Sergeant".
>>
>>47317758
Yes, they can do basically any species.
They're not limited too humans.
>>
If you Jinx with a Psyker you have to fire Witchfires as Snap Shots, but can you use Novas, Blessings and Curses?
>>
>>47317793
>Dark Eldar literally rape all day.
Actually most DE are initially concieved, mostly by mutual agreement(See wych cult entry for example) and either vat-grown for being pregnant is very risky, or the mother is protected by others, say a cabal, hence trueborn exist.
AS for necrons, do their numbers ever increase? Canoptek constructs aside.
>>
>>47317793
We know they have males and females and have been described as mammal-like.
Vaugly human sexual reproduction is a safe bet.
>>
>>47317823
Yes. You could even cast those in assault
>>
>>47317730
Ambition is one of the characteristics of Tzeentch worship. I wouldn't be surprised if Ahriman did become a chaos god only to realize that with the timeless nature of the warp he has become Tzeentch. Tzeentch's whole grand plan eventually comes full circle, and it turns out that the plan was to create his own existence.

Actually on second thought Tzeentch just makes plans for the point of making plans and doesn't actually have any particular end state in mind. He's truly the most chaotic of the gods
>>
>>47317828
>>47317831
See?

Look at the difference between these two bits of information.
>>
>>47317854
You could also argue, vanity is part of Slaaneshs portfolio, but then the gods domains are known to overlap somewhat.
And the main domain of Ahriman has to be failure, he failed so often, it HAS to leave an imprint.
in4b Abbadon is that, his crusades did not fail or were at least partially successfull most of the time...
>>
>>47317828
I just realized I know absolutely nothing about dark eldar fluff

Every word of that was new to me
>>
>>47317740
Lash is the Slaanesh default Greater Reward

S-User AP- 12" Assault 2d6
>>
>>47317563
Probably some 1984 sex where the orgasm is removed and you just breed for the cause.
>>
>>47317730
>failure
Butt-hurt Magnus loyalist detected. The first rubric saved the Legion from the flesh-change. Sure, it didn't really work as intended, but it's better than the entire legion turning into chaos spawn. The second Rubric was interrupted and heavily corrupted by a bunch of shards of Magnus faffing about, but it might very well have succeeded. Helio Isidorus was successfully returned to life.
>>
Since Mind War doesn't have a weapon profile, does it mean it hits automatically?
>>
>>47317805

He was brainstorming something about an isolated Admech world within a warp storm with Tau-level development or something. Not sure if the Tau suits are the same.
>>
>>47317939
I did not mean the rubric, which brought some results, even if not the intendend ones. I meant his 9000year quest to enter the black library among others.
>>
>>47317781
>Tau army of Battlesuits with Imperium's helmet, purity seals, and imperial eagles

Maximum retard

About as angry as I'd be if he brought Space Marines with Fire Caste insignias and pulse rifles
>>
>>47317966
if he just wants to play tau with humans inside the suits fine
>>
>>47317903
Ahiriman's failure might have been part of the plan though. I always find comparing the different god's areas interesting, Slaanesh and Tzeentch are allied after all
>>
>>47317966
Could also be the try to reverse engineer the suits as tests. (we all know it is somewhat forbidden, but that never dettered the Admech. With enough sacred oils, its ok, really.) JUST SAY NO TO DRONES (or put heads on them, as 'control units)
>>
>>47318007
I feel like steel confessors + a liberal Ordo Machinum Inquisitor + a curious Magos could make it happen.
>>
>>47317968
He hasn't been trying to get in that long, and the pseudo-successes of his first two Rubrics outweigh his failures to breach the domain of an Eldar god.
>>
>>47318007
>>47318026
I'd be willing to accept that... as a SkitMech force with heavily battle-damaged suits clearly recovered from the battlefield and then reverse engineered and half-replaced with Imperium tech.

Not as fucking Tau with Aquilas.
>>
Trying to play as Khorne + Slaanesh Chaos Daemons.

How the fuck do I get up field/Deepstrike safely.

I always get shot to shit since most of my units have the same survivability as guardsmen but at double the cost and with no ranged weapon
>>
>>47318026
either confessors or that weapon test marines, Mentor Legion.
Fluffwise the marines are there in case something goes wrong...
(OK precautions are really weird for admech, or Inq. but...)
>>
>>47318053
HERESY
>>
File: 99189953017_NulnOilShade01.jpg (5 KB, 230x238) Image search: [Google]
99189953017_NulnOilShade01.jpg
5 KB, 230x238
>>47318053
Just do not forget the sacred oils....
>>
>>47317968
Well in Ahriman's defense. He's a Space Marine going up against basically the Chaos God of Clowns and his Cult of Clowndar.
>>
>>47318055
Big monsters to distract the enemy. Incursion benefits to mitigate warp storm. Icons to guide deep strikers, although I seldom deep strike as a Tzeentch Daemons player.
>>
Jetseer council with 5 locks and 2 farseers

One farseer rolls entirely on Runes of Fate (maybe roll once on Telepathy and swap Exec for Guide if you get Exec)
The other one rolls entirely on Telepathy praying to get Invis
Locks roll on battle

Buff with conceal every turn for ridiculous cover saves (jink when needed), run around buffing and debuffing shit and adding a bit of dakka (14 twinlinked shots at 12'' seems alright). Maybe add some singing spears for some more power and dealing with AV.

Good or bad idea?
>>
>>47318093
So the chaos god of overrating, overestimating then?
>>
What's the best/cheapest/easiest/most expedient way to acquire terrain?
>>
>>47318314
Dig up some dirt glods with grass on them

Apply a very liberal amount of spray varnish

Done
>>
File: Coke_pods.jpg (284 KB, 950x559) Image search: [Google]
Coke_pods.jpg
284 KB, 950x559
>>47318314

"Count as."
>>
>>47318314
>best/cheapest/easiest/expedient way

resellers/chinease printers/resellers or GW/ all of them
>>
File: CountsAs.jpg (130 KB, 591x769) Image search: [Google]
CountsAs.jpg
130 KB, 591x769
>>47318314
>>
>>47316956
Orks certainly have their weaknesses, but they're still fun as fuck to play. A lot of the Ork shitposting here comes from WAACfags who don't care about anything but actual number crunches and winning, whom you should never play with in the first place.

Orks not only have the best fluff, but are the most fun to model and paint since bitz from any army can be used, or even toys from childhood or other games can be used and it fits the Ork 'Looted' theme and you'll get a lot of props for awesome conversions and vehicles.

Orks have a lot of varied playstyles from hordes of Boyz to trukk rushes and biker swarms to grots and tanks to a 'dread mob' (walker robots everywhere) and even more. While the newest updates for their army made them worse while everyone got better, Orks can still excel.

Orks shooting is not superb bar a few awesome units like the Dakkajet, Lootas, Tankbustas, and Mek Gunz. But unless you'z a Git, you'll have so much dakka that BS2 doesn't matter.

Ork Melee, say what you will about lack of weapon options, is brutal. One brick of bog basic Boyz collides into anything and gets 4 Attacks at Strength 4 on the charge each (3 with shootas). That's going to hurt.

Don't bother waiting for a new edition, if you like the army, play it! I started Orks like a year ago and I don't regret anything.
Do I win every game? No. Though I win a decent amount since I'm not playing against WAACfags.
Do I have a fucking blast? Absolutely.

If you want a more in-line and balanced book for the Orks, there's always Space0din's fandex that's been getting a lot of momentum around here.
>>
>>47318314
Best way is to buy good terrain
cheapest is to make some out of cheap stuff (stones, boxes...)
easiest is to buy pre-painted
expedient is to make terrain by modifiying existing kits as you can make it to your needs, including easy-to-store-and-transport.
>>
>>47318352
brilliant
>>
>>47318336
I remember one guy used a Stegosaurus model to play a Toxicrene when it first came out and to represent the whips he made a bunch of greenstuff tendrils coming out of its mouth
>>
What's the best/cheapest/easiest/most expedient way to acquire terrain that looks good if you're not artistically talented?
>>
>>47318336
I actually care more that the models are not painted over the drop pod cans.
>>
>>47318471
I'd go for Cardboard / Paper Terrain.
Light. Can get it woth details. Assembly isn't too bad
>>
So I think I understand formations and detachments. For example, I could have an Eldar CAD with say, 2 units of Dire Avengers and a Farseer, and then add a Seer Council as a detachment and I would still get the bonuses from both?
>>
>>47318500
Yes, exactly. Does someone have that chart from a few threads ago with all the circles?
>>
Chaos Space Marines certainly have their weaknesses, but they're still fun as fuck to play. A lot of the CSM shitposting here comes from WAACfags who don't care about anything but actual number crunches and winning, whom you should never play with in the first place.

CSM not only have the best fluff, but are the most fun to model and paint since bitz from any army can be used, or even toys from childhood or other games can be used and it fits the Chaos 'Corrupted' theme and you'll get a lot of props for awesome conversions and vehicles.

CSM have a lot of varied playstyles from hordes of Marines to Hellturkey rushes and biker swarms to Cultists and tanks to a 'Warband' (Chaos icons everywhere) and even more. While the newest updates for their army made them worse while everyone got better, CSM can still excel.

CSM shooting is not superb bar a few awesome units like the Havocs, Obliterators, Forgefiends, and Helldrake. But unless you'z a slave of the corpse god, you'll have so much Shots that bs4 begins to shine

Csm Melee, say what you will about lack of weapon options, is brutal. One brick of Chaos Spawn collides into anything, That's going to hurt.

Don't bother waiting for a new edition, if you like the army, play it! I started CSM like a year ago and I don't regret anything.
Do I win every game? No. Though I win a decent amount since I'm not playing against WAACfags.

If you want a more in-line and balanced book for the CSM, there's always 3.5 edition that's been getting a lot of momentum around here.
>>
>>47317941
yes
>>
>>47318471
just buy some foamboard and following a youtube guide.
>>
File: FOC-formations-optional.jpg (87 KB, 651x591) Image search: [Google]
FOC-formations-optional.jpg
87 KB, 651x591
>>47318515
something like this?
>>
>>47318519
Fuck off red-shirt, no one around here believes your lies.
>>
>>47318534
That's not it but it's the same idea.
>>
>>47318534
That's an edition old and misleading.

Your army is made up of any number of any type of detachment of any faction.
It really is that simple.

Force Orgs, formations, or 'decurions' are all detachments, and each one is its own self contained entity
>>
File: 2854RcZ.webm (260 KB, 406x300) Image search: [Google]
2854RcZ.webm
260 KB, 406x300
>"Orks have the best models"
>mfw I look at their superheavies
>>
File: 20160516_194851.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160516_194851.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
So doing mathimications I calculated the two armies from the Dark Vengeance starter kit. I clocked Chaos Space Marines in at 499 points but the Space Marines side is like fuckin 583 points. Would this be a fair fight still? How much do points matter?
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 207x243) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 207x243
so i got a SM captain with a bike, artificer armor and a relic blade. (S6) Is it worth it to upgrade to a SM Chapter Master with a burning blade instead? Bear in mind my bike squad is a command squad with a standard bearer which gives him an extra attack, and he gets another with the burning blade for 2 weapons. (Plus rampage or a S7 attack)

90 - Captain
20 - Bike
20 - Artificer Armor
25 - Relic Blade

130 - Chapter Master
20 - Bike
20 - Artificer Armor
55 - Burning Blade
>>
>>47318566
Technically you can't have an AD as your primary detachment.
>>
>>47318566
arnt primaries still a requirement?

I cant just show up with a drone formation and a riptide formation right?
>>
>>47318592
Nope, it's 100% legal to field nothing but riptides in a bound formation.
>>
>>47318592
Any number of any type of detachment. That means exactly what you think it means.

>>47318587
(as long as you obey the restrictions on each individual detachment, which I forgot to mention)
>>
Tau certainly have their weaknesses, but they're still fun as fuck to play. A lot of the Tau shitposting here comes from crybabies who don't care about anything but balance, whom you should never play with in the first place.

Tau not only have the best fluff, but are the most fun to model and paint since bits from any gundam kit can be used, or even toys from childhood or other games can be used and it fits the weeaboo fightan magic theme and you'll get a lot of props for awesome conversions and vehicles.

Tau have a lot of varied playstyles from hordes of MCs to MC rushes and MC swarms to MCs and MCs to a 'Cadre' (MCs everywhere) and even more. While the newest updates for their army made them worse while everyone got better, Tau can still excel.

Tau shooting is not superb bar a few awesome units like everything in the codex. But unless you're a Gue'la baka gaijin, you'll have so much shots that bs3 begins to shine

Tau Melee, say what you will about lack of weapon options, is brutal. One brick of kroot collides into anything, That's going to hurt.

Don't bother waiting for a new edition, if you like the army, play it! I started Tau like a year ago and I don't regret anything.
Do I win every game? Yes.

If you want a more in-line and balanced book for the Tau, there's always another faction's codex.
>>
>>47318581
Beatstick HQs should generally take AP2 outside of specific options that could compensate for not being AP2
>>
>>47318592
Formations can be primaries. Ie battle Demi company.
>>
>>47318592
I think the only thing you need is to have one Primary Detachment, which can be literally whatever as long as it has 1 Warlord unit.
>>
>>
>>47318642
Should be

>so many markerlights that overwatch begins to shine
>>
How many lightning claws are in the Dark Angel Terminator kit?
>>
>>47318671
I feel like somehow Lego got sued for this even though they had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>47318519
Kill yourself.
>>
>>47318671
>>
>>47318552
>Army doesn't place in top 4
>3.5 edition buttmad still projecting
>Player is bad at the game
Not everyone is a min maxing netlisting WAAC faggot anon.
>>
Is it weird that you get an extra attack for using 2 cc weapons while on a bike?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.