[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 19
File: greymane4.png (119 KB, 631x675) Image search: [Google]
greymane4.png
119 KB, 631x675
Gilneas Will Rise Again edition

>>47240902

discuss the lore and setting of Warcraft as relates to tabletop gaming
>>
>>47314798
first for alliance a xenophobic shit and half the horde even happening is because humans are warhams 40k tier retarded.
>>
>>47314918
Admiral Proudmoore was a good boy he dindu nuffin
>>
>>47315032
>implying
>>
>>47314918

>orc quality bait
>>
All I wanted to do was leave alliance and join the scarlet crusade.

I wanna be the scarlet highlord!
>>
File: top dakka.jpg (61 KB, 450x666) Image search: [Google]
top dakka.jpg
61 KB, 450x666
>>47315076
>>
>>47314918
Garithos was right about everything.
>>
Is it possible for a troll to turn into a nelf after an exposure to arcane energies of sufficient power ?
>>
>>47315110
No, you need inbred generations of trolls being exposed to arcane energy to achieve that.
>>
>>47315129
I don't know, look at this one, it already seems like it's working >>47265220
>>
>>47315109

>porc quality bait
>>
Forsaken should never have stolen ogres place as playable race.

>>47315109
That's why they had to kill him . . .
>>
>>47315283
Hordefag here, I agree on this. Forsaken are a good half of what's wrong with horde today, the other half is not only is thrall a pussywhipped shit, grommash's entire family a shit. Volgin best leader the horde has ever had.
>>
>Paper RPG perspective, vanilla wow setting

If a human paladin strikes down and kills a tauren shaman who is only defending his land, can he use the light to do it?
Is the light bound to moral standards? Is it a thing that works as long as you are convinced you're making the right choice no matter the blood spilled? Or is it something that you can use freely, but stops working if you keep behaving like a total dick?
>>
>>47315405
The Light is bound to a person's personal conviction. If they believe that they are doing Good, then the light will serve them regardless of outside circumstance.
>>
>>47315405
It works as is since the light is based off personal beliefs, also humans don'the acknowledge shit as things worthy of being, hell the alliance still antagonizes the elves on a regular basis, the fact drenai don'the feel the alliance hate train is actually incredible to me.
>>
>>47315429
>>47315460

Can the use of light be "learned", like any other kind of magic, by a mage who thinks he is doing good?
>>
>>47315575
probably with a fuckton of training, seems like a waste of time though, hence why you can only single class in game.
>>
>>47315612
Yeah, didn't want to multiclass myself, just trying to understand the boundaries of it from a strict lore perspective.
>>
>>47315575
Theoretically, but the Light isn't really learned in the same way arcane magic is. You have to have a robust sense of faith to begin with, and then you must have an objectivist sense of right and wrong which isn't something that really fits into the scientifically styled schools of wizardry.

You'd have a difficult time cultivating both skillsets even if you could theoretically harness both. One is a matter of spirituality and devotion and the other is a matter of applied intellect. The Light demands meditation, introspection, and observation of the self while the arcane arts demand study, experimentation, and observation of magical phenomena. Both of them are going to be competing for your time in opposite directions.

Assuming you could learn both, splitting your disciplines would have you wind up being mediocre at both, leaving you very little to show for your effort.
>>
File: latest[1].gif (50 KB, 490x406) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].gif
50 KB, 490x406
>>47315388
>Volgin best leader the horde has ever had.
I know right, he's got both Thrall's lightning AND Garrosh's nukes!
>>
>>47315429
>>47315460

Is this not contrasting with a religion having some kind of absolute principles?
I mean, the simple "who decides what's the good you're doing, and grants you magical powers", is there an explanation for this?

>inb4 it's a badly written game
I know, but we're here debating, might as well be productive about it and make it better.
>>
>>47316473
>Is this not contrasting with a religion having some kind of absolute principles?
Not really. You are not after all who decides what is right, you believe in an idea greater than yourself and the Light latches on to it.

Although maybe there's more to it since the Light also gives absolution and redemption in some of the events. See cleansing of Sunwell - Liadrin had her convictions - serving her people with power taken from the Naaru by force - before Kael took the Naaru away, but then moved on to being devoted champion of the Naaru herself.

Perhaps that's also how Light works - it IS sentient force with its own goals, but rewards conviction on principle, perhaps with hopes that it will lead it towards itself.
>>
>>47315405
>that what-if Paladin Arthas
It's a shame. I love the concept but making it happen would negate half the plot of WC3, all of TFT, and half of WoW.
>>
>>47315388
I like the idea of Forsaken being a part of the Horde.

You know, old enemies forced into an uncomfortable alliance, that sort of thing. But it's been handled terribly from the very beginning, both in how Forsaken in general act, and how the alliance between orcs and forsaken is handled
>>
>>47315636

I'm more interested in if a Paladin could learn to use Shadow magic. After all, it's one half of priestly magic.
>>
>>47317447
I find it interesting how the Bronze Dragonflight attempts to stay impartial in the face of certain horrific events and must preserve history as it occurred, moreso when they try to convince other mortals to help them do so. Try explaining to a few Lordaeron refugees that the Culling of Stratholme must happen as it did, that Arthas must have his fall from grace and chase Mal'Ganis to Northrend. I imagine there'd be a bit of bargaining involved.
>"You don't have to directly participate in the purging itself. All you have to do is protect Arthas himself from the Scourge and the Infinite Dragonflight."
The Culling of Stratholme was released during Wrath, too, so while everyone had Arthas the Lich King on their mind, some were able to go back and personally witness the beginning of the end for Arthas himself.
>>
>>47317571
Probably not. Paladins are the de facto champions of the Light. By definition they use the Light and it alone as their source of power.

If they used shadow magic they would become something else.
>>
>>47317571
They probably could, but since every paladin is a part of some sort of paladin order, they won't. Because no paladin order allows the use of shadow magic. Except perhaps the blood knights pre-redemption.

Seal of Blood could probably be shadow magic of some kind, now that I think about it. "life for power" is a very "shadowy" concept
>>
>>47315388
Ugh. I detest Vol'jin. Garrosh would have been fine if they didn't decide to turn back and retcon Cataclysm character development. Vol'jin is a fucking infinitely boring Mary Sue of a character who seems like all the teeth were written out of him so he would be the exact opposite of Garrosh.

A tremendous blue pussy.
>>
>>47317627
Vol'jin did nothing at all

And hence is the best Horde leader ever. Horde leader quality is inversely proportionate to how much stuff they do
>>
>>47317627
Vol'jin didn't get an opportunity to truly stretch his chops as Warchief. He's one of the original founding leaders of the New Horde, meaning he shared Thrall's message, and he also happened to be arguably the strongest shadow hunter ever. Vol'jin could've been one of those "take no bullshit" Warchiefs who would've gotten the house back in order after the Horde civil war.

But no, Garrosh and the orcs stole the show AGAIN with Warlords, so we never truly get to see him in action. Now he supposedly dies outright in Legion so that the world gets to experience WARCHIEF SYLVANAS WINDRUNNER.
>>
>>47314798
ONLY A WEEK UNTIL RELEASE IN YUROP

STOKE THE HYPE FELLOW OLD WORLD BROS

PURCHASE EXTRA LARGE BEVERAGES IN HONOUR OF OUR MURIBURGER FRIENDS

In regards to this:
Trailer related, 0:50 seconds in, we get to see the globe of azeroth.
https://youtu.be/WxL3ryE23lo?t=50s

It looks remarkably different from the game world map.

Thoughts?

I think it is odd, seeing how expecially with the chronicles we have a very well defined source material on Azeroth's geography.

under the assumption that a re-launch of the setting could be inbound, I guess you could interpret this as a possible hint of the reworks.
>>
>>47317687
>WARCHIEF SYLVANAS WINDRUNNER
You can tell I'm a Warcraft veteran because I have absolutely no idea if you're serious or not.
>>
>>47317864
This is dead serious. Vol'jin goes MIA on the Broken Shore, and so the Dark Lady becomes the new Warchief.
>>
>>47317885
>>WARCHIEF SYLVANAS WINDRUNNER

Ok last I checked, wouldn't a cursory examination have proven that she was trying to kill all her allies?
>>
>>47317992
>Thrall retired to become the World Shaman
>Cairne is dead
>Vol'jin is MIA/supposedly dead
All three original leaders of the New Horde are indisposed. By right of overall seniority, Sylvanas is the new Warchief.

Or something.
>>
>>47317992
She's also a terrible leader who's betrayed her own ideals and has consistently screwed herself over by trusting the wrong people
>>
>>47317687
The one thing I can agree on with pretty much everyone as a fan of Cataclysm Garrosh and Thrall from WC3 is that the only thing worse than the ending of MoP was WoD.
>>
>>47317992
I'm not even mad. I'm hopeful because I'm a fool. I remember being like "lol wtf?" when Garrosh became Warchief. But he had some character growth in Wrath that was decent, and Cataclysm sold me on him as a character with potential.

Sylvanas is kind of where Garrosh was after Wrath. Nobody likes her and she looks like an irredeemable idiot monster. So part of me hopes what was one of my favorite WC3 characters actually gets to where she should have always been.

Also, her arc has just been, for the past 10 years, EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL, so my hope is that the only way for her to go is somewhere else.
>>
>>47318128
I'm with you desu

Although if it's true that they made Tyrande meek in response to horde whining about one of alliance leaders being rude towards them, my hopes are not high.
>>
>>47318128
The issue is that she's had ten years to work on it.
>>
File: Godfrey2.jpg (99 KB, 500x616) Image search: [Google]
Godfrey2.jpg
99 KB, 500x616
>>47318128
>Also, her arc has just been, for the past 10 years, EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL, so my hope is that the only way for her to go is somewhere else.
How could've you forgotten the
>IM DEAD BEING DEAD SUCKS OH WOE IS ME LICH KING WILL PAY FOR THIS MUH REVENGE WE HUNGA FOR VENGEANCE
plot line?
I've always liked this guy's attitude towards undeath though
>yeah this sorta sucks but at least I'n not a fucking furry
>>
>>47318379
Because Sylvanas and the Forsaken finally got their vengeance in Wrath.
>>
>>47318396
She still whined about the burdens of being an undead in the cata questline where she takes you for a ride till Silverpine. She's angsty, that's just a part of her character.
>>
>>47318396
And now Sylvanas has turned to much more selfish pursuits, now that she knows what exactly is waiting for her on the other side of death.
>>
>>47318429
The Forsaken post-Wrath were in the same position as the blood elves post-TBC.
>We just completed our defining story arc
>Shit, what do we do now?
In the Forsaken's case, it was using the val'kyr to boost their numbers and maintain EK dominance via biological warfare.
>>
>>47318432
I really do kind of want her to be a raid boss

Really, the moment she started raising her own undead is the exact moment that every Forsaken should have turned on her
>>
>>47318467
If they can't cure undeath, then at least they can shoot for self-preservation. If they want self-preservation, they need to boost their numbers.
That's Sylvanas's excuse.
>>
>>47318488
By doing exactly what made them all hate the Lich King so much.
>>
>>47317571
I don't think they could, since being a paladin is indissolubly chained to the light. I guess they wouldn't even want to try and learn about it, since they undergo a very strict training before becoming a paladin, that goes through meditation, introspection and other self-betterment paths just to try and understand what it's "the altruism and self sacrifice" on which the whole light thing is based.
>>
>>47315110

No, but you can if you pay a fev bucks to Blizzard.
>>
>>47318583
As light worship goes, priests are lower on the totem pole than paladins. It's why fewer races can be paladins than priests.
>>
At the point when you are being GOVERNED by an elf and a different group of elves make up a good amount of your population, I think you've lost the ability to call yourself 'The horde'
>>
>>47318583

>I guess they wouldn't even want to try and learn about it

Yeah, I guess Warcraft paladins are above trying to gain access to dark powers for what they consider the greater good.
>>
>>47318700
True.
ORC PRIDE WORLD WIDE.
GARROSH WAS RIGHT.
ROLL THE TROLL.
SHELF THE ELF.
>>
>>47318735

I really don't get why the Horde is so culturally Second War.

Literally only the Orcs took part in it on the Horde side. Wrong group of trolls, Tauren are new and the Blood Elves/Undead fought on the Alliance side of it.

At this point, it feels like it should be culturally more of a mish-mash. Or at least have architecture better than what the Orcs are doing a lot of the time.
>>
>>47318771
Because Kosak likes WC2 a lot

That's it, no other reason.

Pretty much everything the Horde has done from Cata onwards boils down to "because Kosak likes WC2 a lot"
>>
>>47318771
Orcs enforce their will on the weaker races.
They don't buy into multi-culti bullshit.
>>
>>47318457
The difference is that the blood elves went more or less on hiatus until Mists, and then when they started doing shit again they actually had decent writing. Lor'themar went from a total nobody to probably my favourite Horde leader.
>>
>>47318825
What did Lor'thermar do, exactly?
>>
>>47318825
Blood Elves have actually maintained a good presence post TBC.
The Sunreavers in Wrath.
The Reliquary and Zul'Aman buisiness in Cata.
>>
>>47318825
I think Lor'Thjemar suddenly becoming an interesting character is mostly due to In the Shadow of the Sun being such a great and character-defining short story
>>
>>47318884
>Reliquary
What happened to Reliquary in WoD? Did Blizz forgot they exist?
Or did Horde just whined that Alliance gets Indy and they don't so now explorer's league emissary appears in horde garrison?
>>
>>47318900
Belloc is in Ashran, why he doesn't show up in the Garrison I don't know, just WoD laziness I assume.
>>
>>47318720
You know, if your faith in what you're doing and in the tools you have is strong, you don't need to sway off track from what you believe is right. Maybe, the only thing you need is to believe HARDER. And you damn do, because your faith is strong.

How many paladins did you know that became arcanists to shoot fireballs?
Or must they only refer to dark powers, because "fall from grace trope"?

Also, if in your game there are so many paladins who justify getting power "for the greater good", Arthas notwithstanding, I guess they are not called paladins anymore. They are death knights, black guards, champions of the darkness, and whatever other things you find on heavy metal cover pictures.
>>
>>47317885
I'm calling it now, the only reason they're setting Sylvanas up to be Watching is because they're setting up Glenn Greymane to be the new leader of the Alliance, and the two hate one another so much it will be a perfect excuse to have the Horde and the Alliance be at open war with one another again.
>>
>>47318997
>Watching
Warchief, fuck you auto-correct.
>>
>>47318657
I guess what you find in the game as "priest" is whatever cleric the religion of that race/culture has. Thus for example NElf priests are priests of Elune.
This does overlap with shamans for the horde though, maybe they are clerics of some kind of "ancestor worship".
>>
>>47318997
As a horde fag I Fucking hate sylvannas so much, she's gonna kill the horde much faster then garrosh ever could and this is simply because blizzard corporate Fucking loves the alliance, no ands it's or buts.
>>
File: 5199tdJczCL._SY355_[1].jpg (27 KB, 254x355) Image search: [Google]
5199tdJczCL._SY355_[1].jpg
27 KB, 254x355
>>47318846
It's less what he did, more his personality. He's a fighter stuck in the job of a buraeucrat and hates it, but still does it to the best of his ability because he has a sense of responsibility. He's the only Horde leader who chooses his actions based on what's best for his people, rather than his personal principles or ambitions . At the same time, he fucking relishes it when he gets to visit the front lines, like on Thunder Isle. He doesn't oppose the Alliance because "for teh Horde lolz", but because Dalaran is holding hundreds of his people captive without trial, which is a legit reason to be upset with someone.

Basically, I like him because he acts like an actual person with a personality rather than a plot-robot or racial stereotype, which makes him a rarity in WoW. Being voiced by Gideon Emery helps too.
>>
>>47319345
Blood elves have the best voice actors in general

hell, the generic male blood elf is voice by Cam Clarke
>>
>>47319432
pretty much this.
as a goblin shaman i'm jelly as fuck.
it also doesn't help i'm masochistic as almighty shit, because i keep playing this crap, no seriously:
>goblin story sucks, their leader is literally ramsay bolton from GoT
>shamans just keep getting nerfed forever and ever and ever
>>
>>47318488
Not exactly. It's very clear in Deathknell, if not in Silverpine, that Sylvanas is raising free willed undead. Whether or not her later actions bear this out is debatable, but at least in the opening Deathknell area there are plenty of undead who are horrified or morally object to their unlike and make the choice to return to death. Others just hate Sylvanas and refuse to work with her.
>>
>>47319432
/watch?v=B2GXFglTNTI
>>
>>47319764
Unlife. Fuck you autocorrect
>>
File: Belloc.png (66 KB, 312x288) Image search: [Google]
Belloc.png
66 KB, 312x288
I think something is wrong with wowhead's model viewer.
>>
File: 1440160372204.png (15 KB, 538x396) Image search: [Google]
1440160372204.png
15 KB, 538x396
>>47321337
>belloq
>>
>>47321337
Wow.
>>
File: wcmFaces07.jpg (82 KB, 800x860) Image search: [Google]
wcmFaces07.jpg
82 KB, 800x860
Cute draenei confirmed.

Too bad they will probably only appear briefly to show how monstrous fel horde is.
>>
Why has no one considered the possibility that the Vol'jin pyre is fake and we later on found out he faked his death to go do shadow hunter things? I feel like Sylvanas as warchief is a temporary thing, and that's coming from someone who always plays as undead
>>
>>47323187
Pretty sure this is the case.
>>
>>47323187
People have considered it (it was the first thing I thought when I saw the screenshots), it's just that killing off Vol'jin out of the blue so that Sylvanas can become Warchief seems exactly like the kind of thing Kosak would do.
>>
>>47322882
>space goats
>not based broken
Another dumb shit wow did with the lore.
>>
>>47323187
I, too, want to believe.
>>
>>47323187
>blizzard
>not run by hackjobs
pick only one.
>>
>>47323650
broken are shit.
>>
File: 1382927486524.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1382927486524.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
>>47323650
Is it the Warcraft hipster thing to prefer the Broken to the modern draenei?
>>
>>47323650
Akama pls
>>
File: latest.jpg (67 KB, 650x471) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
67 KB, 650x471
>>47324991
They were the original draenei before the idiotic Eredar retcons.
>>
>>47323650
Broken didn't even exist until the retcon, the Warcraft 3 draenei were Lost Ones.

>>47324863
Broken and Lost Ones are pretty cool, but they're cool in the context of the overall draenei lore. Pre-retcon draenei didn't exactly have a lot of personality.
>>
File: 1456952631945.png (698 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1456952631945.png
698 KB, 960x1280
>>47324991
>female draenei have tentacles on the back of their heads
>male ones have tentacles on their chins
>>
>>47325579
They are semi sexual organs. Draenei naturally do it from behind so they can hold tentacles
>>
>>47324991
What was the reason for the change ? Were the lost ones too ugly ? Hell, if people play horde people could play as a lost one.
>>
>>47325579
>male draenei have bone plates for foreheads
>female draenei's split into horns
sexual dimorphism is a thing, and considering the naga, it's hardly the weirdest instance in Warcraft
>>
>>47324991
It's not hipster thing, it's the grognard thing.
>>
File: Tiefling Paladin.jpg (139 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
Tiefling Paladin.jpg
139 KB, 1000x800
>>47325626
Male Draenei can have horns, too. It's just the females that got all the variety.
>>
>>47326586
can they in game? I can't remember
>>
>>47326752
It's a few of the options, but they look pretty bad, IMO. If you could mix hairstyles and horns for the male Draenei, they'd look better.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_051816_181419.jpg (739 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_051816_181419.jpg
739 KB, 2560x1440
>>47326752
Yes
>>
>>47326777
>>47326799
huh, I guess I haven't played male draenei enough

good taste in transmog btw
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_051816_181754.jpg (689 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_051816_181754.jpg
689 KB, 2560x1440
>>47326832
It was the best looking set when I played the WoD beta, when there was still hope and optimism for the expansion.
I usually keep the helm visible these days.
>>
>>47315388
If the Forsaken had stayed mostly the same after Wrath, they would've been fine. Cata ruined them entirely.
>>
>>47326868
I wish I could get the long hair with that horn style. I think it would look nice with the Ulduar DK set, which is sadly, still their best look.
>>
>>47326928
Yeah, hairstyle/forehead style being locked together is a pretty crappy design.
>>
>>47315636
I don't think "objectivist" is the right word there. Paladins believe in defending the weak, and I'm pretty sure one of the tenets of the faith of the Holy Light is charity.
>>
>>47327321
gift of charity. It was such a little quest, but made the world feel so much more alive.
>>
>>47327321

Lorewise The Holy Light's virtues are Respect, Tenacity, and Compassion.
>>
>>47327321
he meant "objective" not "Objectivist"
>>
>>47326903
Cata ruined a lot of shit in all honesty.
>>
>>47327409
Found it funny that compassion is taught the last simply because there was a verse in the tomes that said something about making others grow on their own instead of shielding them for all time, because you will eventually tire, then who will protect the ones you have shielded all this time?

Thought it was cool, it was saying be a good defender, but if someone has the chance to grow from an experiance let them falter and stumble so they might learn from it.
>>
Would a night elf monk fluffing Chi as the Light of Elune be acceptable?
>>
>>47328236
the entire fluff about monks is too fucking linked with pandaren. One would think that alongside priests, warriors and mages they would be diverse as hell. but blizzard gotta suck the dick of PRC micropenis
>>
>>47328795
I would say it's more accurate that monks are tied to Pandaria

Which is fine, as Death Knights are tied to the Lich King, and that hasn't really created a problem

The real problem is the Pandaren racial cooldown. It's far too tied to the monk class.
>>
>>47328236
Chi is just the panda word for Spirit, the same stuff shamans use for healing, and the august celestials that taught them to use it are just another group of wild gods. So they're kinda to shamans/druids what paladins are to priests, or death knights are to necromancers.

A night elf thinking chi is the light of Elune because its similar to what they're familiar with is plausible, its just not really correct and would probably irritate any panda monks that heard it. Like when Velen pissed off Tyrande by suggesting Elune could be a naaru.
>>
>>47328236
no, thats just retarded.
>>
Why were the class names so bizarre in the warcraft/wow rpg books ?
>>
>>47330151
Because it was based off of 3.5
>>
daily reminder that
Iron Horde > Fel Iron Horde > True Horde > Old Horde > New Horde > Dark Horde > Fel Horde > Draenic Horde
>>
>>47331481
>Iron Horde before Dark Horde/Fel Horde
>"DRAENOR IS FREEEEEE"

The Dark Horde made it to Quel'Thalas, the Iron Horde was bitch slapped just after the Dark Portal.
>>
>>47331481
What's the true horde?

What's the dark horde?
>>
>>47331532
>What's the true horde?
Garrosh's Horde in MoP
>What's the dark horde?
the Horde Rend leads in Blackrock Mountain
>>
>>47331557
Oh ok

Old Horde > New Horde > Dark Horde > the rest. Based on competence in battle
>>
File: Scarlet_Crusade_Tabard.jpg (12 KB, 246x408) Image search: [Google]
Scarlet_Crusade_Tabard.jpg
12 KB, 246x408
what's the Scarlet Crusade view of the outside world? Are they all infected from tirisfal down to stranglethorn? Or they trade with the outside world but (while being suspicious)? What about the view over non-human races? They seem to be human centered, but they still have giant statues of high elves inside the Monastery.
>>
>>47331577
they hate the Horde for being sub-humans and they hate the Alliance for not helping them, but respect Alliance races that served the Crusade in the past like the dorf and elf in the Armory
>>
>>47331522
Because repurposing half of eastern kingdoms would throw a wrench into low level cataclysm levelling experience. Realistically I could see Iron horde getting at least up to the river between duskwood and elwynn, considering Stormwind is more militarized today than it was during dark horde invasion.
>>
>>47331865
>Realistically I could see Iron horde getting at least up to the river between duskwood and elwynn, considering Stormwind is more militarized today than it was during dark horde invasion.
they made it from the Blasted Lands up to Blackrock Mountain before getting beaten back by the Sons of Lothar
>>
>>47331891
Well the blackrock are a natural allies for them so it makes sense.
>>
>>47314798
How come Gilneas got the hillbilly hat? Aren't they more culturally sophisticated and technologically advanced than the rest of the continent?
>>
>>47332032
nah. They speak with chav voices. They are subhuman
>>
>>47326586
>>47326799
>>47326868
Such males would be considered very feminine in Draenei society.
>>
>>47332622
Little things like this would be far more desirable bits of lore than what we got in Chronicles.

I'm far more interested in the intricacies of the cultures and species in Warcraft than in the grand history of the universe
>>
File: 280px-Yrel.jpg (20 KB, 280x445) Image search: [Google]
280px-Yrel.jpg
20 KB, 280x445
>>47329678
>Velen suggesting Elune could be a naaru
>Draenei fucking up once again as it turns out she definatly is not a naaru, but rather a titan

Is there any race more retarded than the Draenei? Going around bringing doom to worlds while not lifting a finger to help or prepare the populace. A spiritual leader who gets so caught up in contradictory visions that all he ever wants to do is sit around and run if any danger comes. Leadership apparently not based on merit, but tenacity (Yrel). Individuals chastised for ever wanting to meet violence with violence.
>>
>>47333507
>as it turns out she definatly is not a naaru, but rather a titan

Nothing says she's a titan.
>>
>>47329678
Thanks, I know jack-all about monks and stuff, I never played the panda expansion. Just curious.
>>
>>47333610
Its incredibly implied in both legion and the chronicles book that she is. Like how Elune taught the trolls the titan language through their connection with the well of eternity (which is titan blood). Or how she has a titan artifact named after her (the tear of elune).
>>
>>47331638
>but respect Alliance races that served the Crusade in the past like the dorf and elf in the Armory
Not anymore. They may have elf and dwarf heroes, but the Scarlet Crusade is strictly hero-centric now. They don't trust anyone but themselves.
>>
>>47333927
To be fair both sides are so stupid that I wouldnt trust them either.

Then again the Argent Crusade bum rushed a demon invasion without any backup and lost their leader because of it.
>>
>>47333950
At least the Argents didn't launch a failed last-ditch crusade to Northrend.
>>
>>47334003
Naw, they just lost their undead murdering weapon down a fucking well and then decided to open up a base in the middle of scourge lands without properly securing the area.
>>
>>47330043
Why
>>
>>47334180
Then they got their assholes trolled by the local Forsaken.
>>
>>47334182
It's been explained why: if a pandaren heard a night elf talk like that, they'd slap them for being stupid.
>>
>>47319432
BRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOTHEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
>>
>>47328236
>>47328795
>>47329413
A Troll monk could call Chi "Mojo" and basically work exactly the same (In fact I think the Troll starting area monk trainer is the only non-panda)

>>47331522
The Dark Horde is exclusively the Old Horde remnants at BRM, the Old Horde are the ones who made it north.

>>47319432
>>47334364
High Elf voiced by David Hayter when?
>>
>>47334423
Of COURSE trolls would have their own magic tradition for monks. They're one of the only races to have unique traditions for damn near everything.
>>
>>47334484
Except for standard arcane magic

They just copied that from elves and humans
>>
File: gabriel_tosh_by_lynxmb-d4oiu9x.jpg (114 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
gabriel_tosh_by_lynxmb-d4oiu9x.jpg
114 KB, 900x675
>>47334484
Someone at blizz really liked cliche voodoo culture.

For fucks sake, they shoved a witch doctor into SC2.
>>
>>47334484
Well, I mean quasi-liquid spiritual power was Mojo before Chi orbs were even a thing.
>>
>>47334562
After they got their asses FUCKING ROASTED by humans. Trolls thought "hm, this is some good shit" and took it.
>>
>>47329678
I understand what you're saying, but, I mean playing it as though it is actually the Light of Elune, and not just a stupid nelf. A martial priest of sorts, infused with the energy of the goddess - a conduit of her will and power, more or less.
>>
>>47335092
To some degree, what a knight of the silver hand is to the Church of the Holy Light
>>
>>47334566
I'm pretty convinced that there is this one guy at Blizzard that just has a giant megaboner for Voodoo Shit, hence the Witch Doctor in SC2, the Voodoofied Trolls in WC3 and the assassination of the Necromancer and replacement with yet another fucking Witch Doctor.

That guy is high enough in the ranks to occasionally get what he wants, but not enough actually make Trolls do anything relevant in current lore. He gets to write about all this stuff they did thousands of years ago, but during the actual story Kosak wins out and they do fuck-all.
>>
>>47335092
Elune is a relatively hands-off goddess, so having her directly empower someone like that is unusual and risks coming across as sueish.

That said, priestesses of Elune are already more martial than average priests. Nothing wrong with having one of them prefer punching to bows and just using monk mechanics to make it viable.
>>
>>47335700
Your first point is excellent, I didn't think about that. I'll definitely scale back the concept there.

The second point is approximately what I was going for.
>>
>>47335092
Isn't that what a Priestess of the Moon basically is? They'd be another Hero class if anything.
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.