[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can the "player character(s) discover they are clone(s)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1454230078438.jpg (81 KB, 774x1031) Image search: [Google]
1454230078438.jpg
81 KB, 774x1031
Can the "player character(s) discover they are clone(s) of the BBEG" plot twist be done well?
>>
>>47314193
well, the nurture versus nature argument exists. It would end up being cheesy, but it helps if you make it the paladin or cleric due to the diametric opposition in alignments.
>>
>>47314228
and unless you have a divyath fyr deal going on, its unlikely that there is a gender difference. On top of that, if you use multiple pcs as clones, they would have noticed the similarities.
>>
>>47314193

If that's the BBEG I think my character would have noticed, being a human male and all.
>>
Probably, but I imagine making that actually a meaningful revelation would be the tricky part. If you gave them choices through the course of the campaign that mirrored ones the BBEG did it could be kind of neat.

I'm also kind of assuming you're being sort of loose with your definition of clone since it wouldn't really be a revelation if the PC's all look the same, but don't know eachother
>>
>>47314283
>it wouldn't really be a revelation if the PC's all look the same

I just assumed he meant magic or scientific altering of appearance was involved.
>>
>>47314193
It can, if you make player the evil clone and the BBEG is a good guy trying to save the world.
>>
>BBEG's physical form was destroyed eons ago
>Their soul still exists, seeking out a vessel
>No physical body strong enough exists
>They slowly influence the world to necessitate the rise of a hero
>hero goes on adventures, gradually gaining strength
>eventually they become the strongest in the land, heading what they think is the BBEG's evil lair
>It's just a big hole in the ground for the BBEG to possess their soul
>>
>>47314492

Not bad
>>
I've seen "Are children of the BBEG" but not clones before. For tiwsts though I have seen done well that the BBEG is actually a PC having time traveled either backwards or forwards, or that a PC is the eponymous BBEG with amnesia.
>>
>>47314193
Are you the guy who's posted the "How do I ripoff Metal Gear V: Phantom Pain's Plot" topic like 5 times this month?
>>
>>47314933

Final Fantasy 8 dot jpg
>>
Why not?
>>
>>47314193

I'd want to be a clone of her.
>>
>>47314193
No
>>
>>47314193

The best way to do this is to have the BBEG show up like an evil twin, getting them in trouble by pursuing their objectives. Tie them into another pre-existing villain the players have faced, and let the player(s) leap to the conclusion that the BBEG is the clone the other villain created to fuck with them while advancing their agenda.

Then you get to do two twists. One, where the players realize that the BBEG is the true villain and mastermind of the setting, and Two, when they finally corner them, they can dramatically reveal that, no, the PLAYER is the clone.

Of course, you have to do character creation well or you'll end up having a disjointed mess or really contrived stuff or tipping the player off.
>>
Drow chicks don't clone themselves.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.