[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mortasheen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: insanititter.png (289 KB, 661x800) Image search: [Google]
insanititter.png
289 KB, 661x800
>I've gotten really good news on the RPG (that one!) that I still have to keep secret, but work is definitely reaching its climax and moving into the final stages of polishing illustrations, assembling the book itself and debating exactly when and where to release it. It's taken years, I know, but the entire design team is only about three people and they've all got day jobs; they've still worked pretty long and hard wherever they could afford it. The main monster archive on bogleech has been somewhat overhauled and will continue to see changes and reorganization in the coming months, and I've been doing at least two new, fully colored monsters per month as well.

So how much exactly is Mortasheen done?
Is Bog just stalling for time, or is the game genuinely close to completion?
>>
I hope it comes out soon; but knowing Mort's track record I'll probably be disappointed.
>>
Jokers are going to be bullshit in gameplay, mark my words
>>
I wonder about game balance.

Some of the entries have noticeable power creep.
>>
>>47308995
I think some monsters are going to be higher "level" then others, but that's a concern I've been thinking about too. Will my Vualt be the fighter to the Psuchodrome's Wizard?
We just have to wait and see.
>>
So what are you going to want as your starter?
>>
>>47309724
A Joker if possible.
>>
>>47309724
A festerling.
>>
>>47309724
Whatever the Unkown starter is; probably a Vault or a Meteor
>>
Can I get a lore dump in one place?
>>
>>47309724
I don't remember the name, but those weird coward skeleton-dogs with huge horns that I think they keep their brains in?
>>
>>47311909
Doomboros.
>>
>>47311921
Right, Doomboros! I was pretty sure there was a 'Doom' in the name.

I've always liked those things. They're huge cowards, and so am I. Perfect team if you ask me.
>>
Rate my Team.
>Despire
>Zyghast
>Phasmoria
>Brainpan
>Scalamax
>Goam
>Hollowile
>Fangatan
>Garboid
>Doomboros
>>
>>47312573
9/10 would travel with
>>
>>47311742
I don't think so. It's spread out all over the place.
I suggest you just go through his deviant art and read it all.
>>
>>47309724
a Xenogog
>>
>>47309724
Debilitwitch. Failing that, I'd say one of the Plaguemen.
>>
>>47309724
Probably start of with a zombie of some sort and work my way up to the more powerful ones like Zyghast
>>
>>47309724
A devilbird, probably Greed.
>>
File: depraven[1].jpg (146 KB, 617x800) Image search: [Google]
depraven[1].jpg
146 KB, 617x800
>>47309724
He would stand on my shoulder.
>>
>>47317799
Double dubs confirmed for best shouldermort
>>
>>47317767
There's actually in-game reasons you can't do that.
>>
>>47318030
Fuck.

Maybe one of the vampires then. Probably the vampire squid one.
>>
File: vamprey.png (321 KB, 800x690) Image search: [Google]
vamprey.png
321 KB, 800x690
>>47318102
Devilbirds are a higher tier of monster, but I suppose if one were to start the game with high-level monsters it would be ok.
>>47318030
I know you have to breed the advanced ones, but how do you obtain one of the basic devilbirds? Eggs?
>>47318102
Consider Vamprey for a starter
One of the most common marine vampires, this small, squeaking piscoid is an adept flier, swimmer and climber armed with dozens of powerful suckers and a rasping oral disc. Roosting en masse in submerged caverns, flooded architecture or the wreckage of marine vessels, they come ashore to feast on sleeping hosts and have made themselves a bane of coastal civilization.

BIOLOGY:

Derived from ancient, agnathan chordates, the Vamprey's simple, cartilaginous skeleton and soft, sheetlike body allow it to slip through small gaps as it hunts for a source of blood. Anesthetizing salivary compounds allow the monster to rasp through flesh without awakening its host, and the suction it generates can even slurp a victim's viscera through the relatively small wound. Bloated on blood, flesh and entrails, the monster becomes too heavy for flight and must slither its way back to the water.

Vamprey lay their eggs in fresh-water rivers and streams, constructing stone nesting mounds and guarding fiercely over their young until they can fend for themselves.

BEHAVIOR:

Vamprey are not as intellectual or as calculating as most vampiric monsters, but nor are they as territorial and antisocial. They may congregate in massive numbers for their mutual benefit, slumbering together in a dense cluster suspended from the ceiling of their lair. Food is distributed evenly throughout the congregation each night, the less successful hunters guaranteed an equal share.

Vamprey are highly attracted to lights at night, but abhor fire.
>>
>>47318450
You have to beat Vernon(pic related) to get a license, then he'll give you a Sloth Devilbird, which you can use to reverse-engineer the other ones.
>>
File: barbaletch.jpg (224 KB, 670x860) Image search: [Google]
barbaletch.jpg
224 KB, 670x860
>>47318551
Ah, that's right. That's a neat little mechanic.
I've felt recently that even the pokemon games themselves would benefit for some sort of genetic modification that allows the player to create eggs with pokemon that possess the nature, ability and egg moves they want or being able to turn pokemon shiny so that they are not so much of a grind to obtain.
Personally I'd like to have a barbeletch since I really enjoy their trippiness
>>
>>47318647
It's definitely a thing in Persona and SMT Persona, the ceaselessly combining and recombining various demons/personas to get what you want.

It also follows a definite (mostly) predictable formula so you know Type A plus Type B equals Type C, or that a certain, often elemental protean type plus Type A, means stronger type A, or ANOTHER "poorly" matched sort means the weaker variety.

Which is actually the only way you can get some of the most basic demons because when you first meet them you can't talk to them, or they are total shits that won't negotiate.

Or sometimes you can win over early demons, but you just never do so later when you want to work your way up with basic combinations you downgrade what you have to recombine down another path.

Then you have specific, multi demon combinations using more than 2 that get you something usually quite good.

Like "High Pixie" which is the more boss version of the basic Pixie, or "Black Frost", the large, evil version of Jack Frost, the series mascot, who instead of being white and blue, is black with purple highlights. (That, generally higher stats, quite good resistances, and mean abilities. It's almost never not good to have one.) You also have say, King Frost which is more specialized than Black Frost and higher level, but kind of niche. He's on the slow side, and has better ice magic, but is you know, slow. And also heavily specializes in "FREEZE BITCH".

All of course, look ridiculous and comical, which isn't to say they aren't useful (or dangerous as enemies. You can get straight fucked up by roaming parties of Jack type enemies. Since that also includes Pyro Jack and they are straight up Fire type nukes. You make them mad they can blitz you and ruin your shit fast because Jack Frost and Pyro Jack are usually also fairly quick too. Fragile, but quick and hit like a mack truck with Ice and Fire)
>>
>>47318647
That exists.
It's called hacking into your 3DS
>>
>>47318989
But anon, that's called
being good at computers.
>>
>>47309724
Either a Hollowile or a Goam.
Goam would be a radical starter.
>>
>>47309724
A festooge, definitely.
>>
>you will never see Mortasheen release in your lifetime
why live?
>>
Can someone explain to me what the fuck a Mortasheen is.
>>
>>47322544
Name of the monsters you see here as well as the island continent this game takes place on.
>>
>>47322544
it's a tabletop RPG in development that's like Pokémon but different
>>
>>47318551
Where is that picture from?
>>
>>47325329
I got it from the cat powered raygun facebook.

Though it could easily be on his deviantart.
>>
>>47309724
What are the limits for taking starters, anyway? All I know is "no devilbirds".
>>
>>47325868
Are there even limits?
>>
>>47309724
Is it possible to get a Biomech at the start?
>>
So what character concepts do you guys have for your character when the rules come out?
>>
>>47325415
>Bog Hasn't collected his shut in one place
>>
What even is this?
>>
>>47329501
A zombie naturalists sort of like Steve Irwin who loves every creature, living, dead or otherwise.
He has a TV show of course, or whatever the Mortasheen equivalent is, and explores the world looking for monsters to share with the public. He also shows the audience the creature's attacks and defense mechanisms by sacrificing himself in the name of science and is killed multiple times per episode.
>>
>>47329501
A shade trainer who has the standard "catch em' all" motivations, but so he can splice every set of monster DNA together to see what happens.
>>
>>47329501
A very uppity oorlock who wants to be respected in the vampire's circle.
>>
>>47329501
A borg desperate to create a fully functional penis with sensory input so he can finally fuck the mutants around him
>>
>>47334015
Rat Fink and Dark Souls have a hate fuck in some Japanese love hotel while on vacation. Blade Runner unfortunately finds out and, after a consultation with Pokemon and Shadowrun, forces Fink to have an abortion.

This is that abortion.
>>
>>47329501
A mutant fashionista determined to splice the perfect wearable monster. Unfortunately, his since of design revolves around boiling acid, slimes, and whatever the fuck a Shrewmorgue does.
>>
>>47329501
a gillman who deeply admires vampires to the point that they are desperate to become one themselves
>>
>>47329501
A borg who's mind is half human half AI as a result of an experiment, and they are co-existing in the same mind but are almost constantly bickering. Most of their monsters would be biomecha.
>>
>>47329501
A guy who's greatest dream is to create a human sized brekekekek
>>
>>47322544
One upon a time there was this guy Bogleech.

He's kind of an SJW Cuck, but that's not important. What is important is that he really likes bugs and monsters and knows basically all there is to know about them.

So he decided to approach the monster-capture genre, which is a pretty unassailable tower pokemon rules over. He's been making weird monsters for years and this is just a catalog of them.

Then this RPG Studio, Cat-Powered Raygun, shows up and they work out a deal regarding a Tabletop RPG that let's you travel across the grisly, filthy, wonderful world capturing, breeding, and battling hideous monsters.
>>
>>47329501
A scientist who hid in an anti-radiation suit during a dangerous nuclear mutagenic leak, but it didn't work and he basically is a living puttylike radioactive flesh slurry occupying a gas masked suit.

He's an alright guy.
>>
Mortasheen is a filthy, slimy, grimy, twisted and nightmarish realm of incomprehensible horror and atrocities beyond compare.

To a human, that is. To the monsters, freaks, and Abominations of Mortasheen City, it's life! It's grotesque and violent but it's what they know and they like it.

The City itself is a continent sized nightmare of a city, built of hundreds of dead and dying civilizations grafted together, tens of thousands of years in the future. It's the sum result of about 15 apocalypses, ranging from Zombies to Nuclear War.

One ocean has more zombies than water, the other is primarily garbage.

In the far north, a nation of psychotic and highly advanced Humans are waiting to take their world back, serving as the antagonists. They aren't necessarily evil, and it's a natural reaction to want to purge the heresy I guess, but they're generally shithead smitebots and this is essentially a game where you PLAY as the heresy.
>>
>>47329501
Qt3.14 cajun crawdad sectillian grill from a Rust Bayou.
>>
>>47329501
a mutant in a gimpsuit who trains Jokers. Nobody can tell what he looks like past it, never realizing that the gimpsuit is his skin.
>>
>>47345000
>never realizing that the gimpsuit is his skin.

That's creepy as fuck for some reason.
>>
>>47345044
But fitting.

Tell me he has an Agonette?
>>
>>47343847
>SJW Cuck
SJW is somewhat accurate(although personally I don't care cause while I don't agree with everything he says, 90% of the time he has a point), but as someone who's known him for years I have no idea where you could possibly get the idea that he's a cuckold, otherwise that's a pretty good summary

>>47343966
this is also a good summary, especially towards the setting itself
>>
Interesting to see how tight the base game ends up being. Every question bog gets asked regarding "can i do X with my monster even though its Y" is always a massive YES to the point where it may as well be freeform storytelling.
>>
>>47349203
That or the system itself is labrynthine

Or its modular.
>>
>>47349203
I'm not even sure what the hell kind of system it'll be.
>>
>>47350921
Hopefully it's not a FATE points kind of thing; Mortasheen just isn't a good setting for that kind of stuff.
>>
>>47329501
A mutant whose greatest dream in life is to one day create a monster into which he can place his consciousness and become one of the famous Boo Men.
>>
Best monster class?
>>
>>47354536
Jokers, easily.
>>
>>47354536
Wormbrains.
>>
>>47350921
I assume something like a pokemon RPG
>>
I'm hoping that Bog is gonna make a Siphonophore inspired Vampire.
>>
>>47354536
Unknown
>>
>>47354536
Devil Birds obviously
>>
>>47354536
Meteors.
>>
>>47354536
Unlike any other setting, vampires are one of the best parts of Mortasheen.
Then there are the zombies.
>>
best race?
>>
>>47363530
Shade, easily.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.