[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Standard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 11
I want to build temur clues
What do you guys think, can you help me with the deck?

4 Pia and Kiran Nelaar
4 Tireless Tracker
4 Daring Sleuth
4 Erdwal Illuminator

4 Ongoing Investigation
4 Thopter Spy Network
4 Fiery Impulse
2 Ulvenwald Mysteries
2 Ghiapur Aether grid
2 Fleeting Memories
1 Tamiyo's Journal

2x Cinder Glade
4x Evolving Wilds
4x Forest
4x Island
4x Lumbering Falls
3x Mountain
3x Wandering Fumarole

Sideboard
4 Graf Mole
4 Jaddi Offshoot
2 Confirm Suspicions
4 Root out
1 Radiant Flames
I wanted to try to get Sarkhan or Chandra in the deck but I don't know if it fits, also mana costs.
>>
I want to buy into standard because I have 0 standard cards

On ebay right now there are a few decks. One is a Company deck with the infinite combo with brood mother

Another is RG eldrazi ramp with 4x ulamog

Are any of these decks tier 1? Which of these decks are more brainless, or more fun to play as I get more into standard?
>>
>>47305180
more importantly, what will deteriorate less in value

Ulamogs, World Breakers, DL Atarkas

OR

Collected Company, Eldrazi Displacer, Slyvan Advocate, Reality Smasher
>>
>>47305180
Go with coco
>>
>>47305365
This is the list for 230

What do you think of it?

Creatures
4x Duskwatch Recruiter
4x Reflector Mage
4x Catacomb Sifter
4x Eldrazi Displacer
4x Elvish Visionary
4x Loam Dryad
3x Brood Monitor
2x Zulaport Cutthroat

Enchantments
3x Cryptolith Rite

Instants
4x Collected Company

Lands
4x Yavimaya Coast
4x Llanowar Wastes
4x Evolving Wilds
3x Westvale Abbey
3x Caves of Koilos
3x Forest
1x Swamp
1x Island
1x Plains

Sideboard
4x Reality Smasher
4x Sylvan Advocate
2x Transgress the Mind
2x Clip Wings
2x Ulvenwald Mysteries
1x Ultimate Price
>>
>>47305088
Clues is a LIMITED ONLY archetype

Just like werewolves was last Innistrad block
>>
best standard deck using mostly only SOI?
>>
>>47306379
coco and flip pw are too good to try build something that doesnt play em
same with kalithas, pia and kiran, dragonlords and eldrazis
doesnt matter what you want to build, you will need some of these cards to be competitive
>>
>>47306415
ok which one uses the most SOI though, or the least amount of non-SOI

I just dont want to lose cards to rotation.

Would a better question be:

Which deck uses the LEAST amount of dragons of tarkir and origins?
>>
>>47306456
none
>>
>>47305088
new player, anything to add or remove?
>>
>>47305473
good deck, not worth $230 though, you could buy most of those cards individually for much cheaper desu, and some are wholly unnecessary. The deck is also trying to be too many things at once - both an aggro CoCo deck and a combo Zulaport deck - I am not a fan of the displacer/monitor/zulaport combo, although it has been pulled off before it's very memey and not particularly fun to play with or against, on the rare occurrence that you can get the combo up and running. If you want to spend that much money grab similar cards for an elf or human GW or Bant (GWU) deck and you might have more fun/success.
>>47306415
I've versed very few people that are using Pia/Dragonlords, and even the flip planeswalkers. Unless you're in a very competitive environment I wouldn't bother purchasing such things
>>
>>47307742
What kind of bant deck would you have in mind?
>>
>Want to make a WR Human Tribal with Nahiri and Artifacts
>Bitch costs 30 buckaroonies while Jace isn't worth jack shit
>>
>>47307742
What do you think of this deck, is it good enough to be tier1 or 1.5?

It's going for 300 on ebay

X4 Ulamog the Ceaseless Hunger

X1Kozilek, the Great Distortion

X4 kozilek's return

X4 oath of nissa

X4 world breaker

X3 chandra, flamecaller

X2 dragonlord atarka

X4 shrine of the forsaken gods

X4 sanctum of ugin

X4 jaddi offshoot

X4 cinder glare

X4 explosive vegetation

X4 nissa pilgrimage

X2 nissa's renewal

X4 hedron archive

X4 spatial contortion
>>
>>47307679
you would have more luck going GW tokens instead of GR
>>
>>47305473
sucks
>>
>>47307778
any "good" planeswalker is going to be expensive
just face the facts
>>
>>47305088

I tried U/G Investigator last FNM, it performed terribly. Bant Displacer/Ramp/Esper control eat it alive. I'll try again after Dragons rotates.

Your list certainly sounds interesting though, but I think it just has too many working pieces.
>>
>>47308445
Yeah the red splash tries to make it two different decks I now realize after some testing...
>>
>>47307787
I think the 4x ulamog deck sucks
its better to go 1x ulamog with 4x sanctum
>>
>tfw going home from college to more casual and easier to access lgs
finally gonna play constructed and im gonna force the fuck out of spirits and dream about decent support in eldritch moon.

i'm thinking the deck really just needs an efficient tempo 3/1 beater and maybe a u/w fiend hunter spirit? I'm eager to play bad-fae
>>
>>47311325
bad uw spirits?
>>
>>47312735
yeah!
it's really annoying that wizards took a fun and interactive take on a tribe and just not give it any support at all. No tapping ice-geist, no counterspell with spirit upside, thunderclap wyvern isn't a spirit!

i mean its not like any of the other tribes got decent support either but geez, there are pretty few constructed-playable spirits
>>
File: I8QlqUVh.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
I8QlqUVh.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
>tfw you draft a sweet GW Delirium/Clue deck and then realize you only have one playable sorcery and one artifact
>>
>>47313255
How did you not get any vessels??
>>
>>47313282
anyone have any advice for drafting or sealed

haven't done it in a long time and will be doing so this weekend
>>
>>47313282
I got an enchantment or two. Anyway, it was a false alarm. Turns out Crawling Sensation is bonkers. My deck is great.
>>
>>47313305
>Go in expecting to draft two colors, with maybe, maybe a third
>Don't get married to your first 1-3 picks
>Make sure you can cast something almost every turn, you dont want to load up on 4-5 drops and be screwed turns 1-3.
>You want about 17 creatures, with the rest being spells/artifacts/enchants, ect.
SOI specific
>The colors are all fairly balanced, I'm biased to W/G humans as "the best" but no color is bad.
>If you want to go delirium route, you have to commit to it.
>Make sure your mana curve is tight, because werewolves will fuck you up if your deck is super clunky.
I recommend listening to Limited Resources, it helped me a ton.
>>
>>47313397
I'm not fully sold on it, but I've liked it in the decks I've run. Did you get epitaph golem too for super fun times?
>>
>>47313415
No, how does Epitaph Golem help?
>>
>>47307787
What a shitty deck I wouldn't pay more than 150 for it
>>
>>47313418
Lets you recycle cards that you actually want, and late game board stalls you can just feed the good shit back into your deck, and with clues, you can actually dig that deep. Late game with epitaph I would just mill two lands, draw my removal spell, kill an opponents creature, then put the two lands and the removal back into my deck.
>>
This has probably been discussed in other threads but I wasn't there for it, so I want to know what is the opinion this?

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/ramp-approval-2016-05-16

Personally I think the planeswalker decks will be shit.
>>
is the standard meta really this stale?

B/W/x control
W/x Weenie/Tokens
Eldrazi
Collected Company deck (Aristocrats but more than likely 4color rites)

SO BORING
where are the fun decks
>>
>>47313468
Yeah that's great, for some reason I thought it only recycles itself
>>
>>47313484
the planeswalker decks mean that certain planeswalkers cannot be above 15 dollars (I HOPE)

Additionally they are pulling a cash grab that they do with commander series and releasing standard legal cards that you can ONLY get in the PW decks

Overall I think the decks will be shit but will have key cards that you will need.
>>
>>47313503
I doubt they'll be good. They've said players won't need to buy the decks, so I doubt any of the cards will be playable beyond edh/kitchen table.
>>
>>47313486
Compared to Abzan and "Not-Esper" Jeskai I welcome this meta. U/G eldrazi has done me no wrong yet
>>
>>47313513
>We didnt think tarmogoyf would be that good guys
>we didnt think jace the mind scupltor would break the format
>>
>>47313503
they've implied they'll be putting shit/expensive planeswalkers in so that standard players don't buy up all the decks
>>
>>47313541
> These cards are being designed to be fun and flavorful but not pushed for tournament play.
> As a default, the planeswalkers will be expensive to cast and splashy.
>>
post some fun deck ideas that are tier1.5-tier2ish
>>
Can someone post the wu spirits list /tg/ arrived at a while ago?
>>
>>47313520

>U/G Eldrazi

Got a list?
>>
File: Image.png (139 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
139 KB, 223x311
calling all spicy FNM deck builders, help me play this card at fnm and win so i can beat my mtgtop8 netdecking friends , one of them hates this card specifically and i want to beat him with it
>>
>>47315251
Not even the memes can save such a suboptimal card.

My guess is you could try to play a Mardu/Grixis control disruption deck and clean the opponents board and hand and then drop Dragonmaster Outcasts and Dragonwhisperers to build up a dragon army and meme your way in.

Other than that i dont think you can build an aggro deck out of it, Everyone and their moms are playing boardwipes so theres very little chance you get to untap with formidable on the board.
>>
>>47315251
you'd want cryptolith rites and some cheap creatures/tokens to get maxmimum mana out of it. It's shit.
Everyone at my LGS says they want artifact affinity back in standard. I then asked them when they all started playing. The earliest said was Ravnica. Fuck these idiots. I dealt with Affinity back in Mirrodin. Fuck Artifact Affinity.
>>
>>47305473
dont do bant. if you're getting 4 Cocos just do B/G aristocrats
>>
>>47305907
My bant clues deck would beg to differ.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>47312840
Here, take this.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-04-16-CET-spirit-tribal/

A viable spirit tribal deck. The bad news is that its for modern and it doesn't properly translate to Standard. The good news is that its actually pretty damn strong. Probably tier 1.5ish at worst in most LGSs.

Just pray for some decent spirits in Eldritch Moon. With just a few decent ones you could take this thing to a ProTour.
>>
>>47315946

Clues aren't an archetype for constructed. They're useful, but nothing to really play around.

I'm using 3 Thraben inspectors and 4 Tireless Trackers in my Bant Humans. Investigate just makes Thraben Inspector a great T1 drop for 1/2 and the ability to draw another card the next turn if need be. Tireless Tracker's Investigate is triggered just by playing the game normally. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't play either. They synergize well with Thalia's Lt.
>>
>>47316123
>Clues aren't an archetype for constructed. They're useful, but nothing to really play around.

Wanna make a bet on that?, I can make you a good clues deck, not less than T-2 for Standard or Modern, your pick.
>>
>>47316284

Sure. I'll bet that it would never be competitive.
>>
>>47313598
Wizards will find a way to fuck up. Just like they did when they put Jitte in a starter deck sold at every walmart.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 312x445
>>47316295
Creatures:
>Thraben inspector x4
>Erdwal Illuminator x4
>Tireless Tracker x4
>Lodestone Myr x3
>Broodstar x3

Enchantments
>Ongoing investigation x4

Instants & Sorceries
>Dispatch x4
>Expose Evil x3
>Confront the Unknown x4
>Thoughtcast x3

There you go. I can probably do better though.
>>
>>47316510
>Man no one is going to want this jace that has "+1 counter target spell, play this ability as an instant"!

No one!
>>
>>47314723
it probably helps to say my meta is fairly casual

4x Mist Intruder
2x Brood Monitor
2x Ulamog the Ceaseless Hunger
1x Kozilek the Great Distortion
2x Conduit of Ruin
4x Thought-Knot Seer
3x Reality Smasher
2x Bane of Bala Ged
4x Hedron Crawler
4x Void Shatter
3x Slip Through Space
4x Ruin in Their Wake
2x Cryptolith Rites
4x Shrine of the Forsaken Gods
4x Lumbering Falls
4x Wastes
6x Island
5x Forest

Sideboard
2x Ruin Processor
3x Clip Wings
1x Conduit of Ruin
3x Negate
3x Oath of Nissa
>>
>>47316689

A.) I was talking about Standard (seeing as this is the standard thread)
B.) It's still a shit deck.
>>
Looking good?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-05-16-vampire-madness/
>>
>>47317583
I picked up a playset of Olivia's for 5ea. This makes me sad because they're only up to 8. I really hope Eldritch Moon introduces some new vampire shit so I can make $$ on them
>>
>>47317613
They will
I just want some support for UR Horror Tribal
>>
I am not really into MTG, i've been working at a traditional games shop for a while and am asked regularly if I can teach them how to play. I play every so often, I mean, if people want to test decks, they lend me a spare one to try.

Anyway, I finally decided to get a deck to help teach people to play. I bought the Ongoing Investigations starter, so what are some good cards to add/take out to make it good?
>>
Should I sell my foil Nahiri now or wait?
>>
>>47319568
Its blowing up in modern, let america control do its thing and hold onto that card. I cant promise its the next liliana of the veil but its a huge powerlevel planeswalker and its already working in formats stronger than standard.
>>
>>47317551
Ok, Standard.

Creatures:
>Thraben Inspector x4
>Jaddi Offshot x4
>Knight of the White Orchid x4
>Erdwal Illuminator x4
>Bygone Bishop x3
>Graf Mole x3
>Tireless Tracker x4

Enchantment:
>Ongoing Investigation x3

Instants & Sorceries
>Confront the Unknown x4
>The Great Aurora x3

Landfall + Investigate + Lifegain stuff. I can explain how it works if you'd like.
>>
>>47319890

wow its fucking garbage
>>
File: 1463504923360.jpg (60 KB, 476x687) Image search: [Google]
1463504923360.jpg
60 KB, 476x687
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-spirits-of-tithes/

This is the U/W spirit based deck I played at Game Day and got to 4th place with. Can you please critically look at it and suggest any improvements? Some of the ones I've thought are already listed on the page.

I'd really love to make it more competitive and appreciate your help teegee.
>>
>>47319982
Even if it beat 3 modern decks my playgroup had been designing?, first an UG control deck and then both a ramp GB and Abzan midrange?

Im taking it to Standard FNM and I expect it to make it to the top 8.
>>
>>47320150
well, if you top 8 at your lgs, the meta must suck.
>>
>>47320215
Can you even tell why the deck is bad?
>>
>>47320243
RG Ramp should absolutely destroy that. G/W Tokens would beat you no sweat.
>>
>>47319983
Anyone at all? Pretty please?
>>
>>47320243
Not him but here's some problems
>3x Great Aurora
Aurora is edh fodder, that cost is ridiculous especially you are using it as a boardwipe, better off using planar outburst.

>Jaddi Offshoot
Sideboard
>Bygone Bishop

The other main problem is you lack any big creatures as a finisher, you might get tireless tracker to be huge but all it takes is declaration in stone or even disperse to remove it. Take out the blue and get some duskwatch recruiter, honored hierarch, sigarda, elvish visionary, always watching, and ulvenwald mysteries.
>>
>>47321022
Ulvenwald Mysteries is ass.
>>
File: 1463436495741.jpg (32 KB, 326x329) Image search: [Google]
1463436495741.jpg
32 KB, 326x329
>>47321120
You are ass
>>
>>47321022
What's wrong with Bygone Bishop?
>>
>>47320304
This deck can easily outagro RG ramp. With as many clues you get a single Confront the Unknown can spell GG for it. Sure, Dragonlord Atarka hurts, but their ramp helps you get counter-ramp from Knight of the White Orchid. They simply won't ramp fast enough. The only problem is Kozilek's Return, but that can only kill Thraben Inspector and White Orchid without prior combat damage the flashback hurts more but odds are they are dead by then. Anafenza and your counterspell of choice in the sideboard often take care of this matchup.

GW Tokens isn't a good matchup, but Archangel of Tithes + Always Watching should give you the upperhand in the midgame / lategame when the deck truly shines, and they are both a natural fit on a creature based deck.
>>
Dead thread. Dead format. Dead game.
>>
File: 1453748066054.jpg (65 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1453748066054.jpg
65 KB, 800x533
>>47321435
>>
>>47321022
Aurora is actually my alt. wincon. Clues count as permanents, and this deck can create 5-7 clues per turn, opponent's included. Even if you crack some you are going to accumulate lots (I got up to 30 in that double match). Against control The Great Aurora leaves you on a huge advantageous position, since you are guaranteed to draw many more cards than your foe.

Jaddi offshot is definitely a mainstay. It's a great alternative 1-drop to Thraben Inspector and even if you'd think the lifegain doesn't matter much, Investigate and Landfall work exceptionally well together thanks to Tireless Tracker, specially when Graf Mole is also on the field. Cracking clues nets you +1/+1 counters while digging for a land / Knight and get more clues + life, all this while getting even more life from Graf Mole. It really helps you have a lot of endurance to drag the game until you can swing for lethal with Confront the Unknown or tip the scales with Aurora.

Bygone Bishop is deceptively good. A 2/3 flier for 2W is a good body. Plus, no matter what you do, its vital to get clues as many clues as possible every single turn to get as much value from Erdwal Illuminator as possible. That's why you have to have several ways to get clues on board.

Always Watching is on the Sideboard already. Duskwatch Recruiter is a great idea that i'll certainly consider and I was considering Hermit of the Natterknolls too.
>>
>>47321874
I guarantee my bant humans would beat you within 6 turns
>>
>>47321861
Dank meme bro xD
>>
>>47319983
>>47320797
I beg you. Some feedback. Any feedback.
>>
>>47321882
Post your list if you sho sure.
>>
>>47321915
Ok, wait a min.
>>
>>47321916

4x Duskwatch Recruiter
4x Reflector Mage
4x Tireless Tracker
3x Thraben Inspector
2x Always Watching
4x Spell Shrivel
4x Oath of Nissa
3x Thalia's Lieutenant
2x Hanweir Militia Captain
3x Cryptolith Rites
2x Westvale Abbey
2x Dragonlord Dromoka
2x Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
2x Declaration in Stone

some lands
>>
>>47321915
Alright, some suggestions:
>Put in Thunderclap Wyvern
>Get a couple copies of Gideon, Ally of Zendikar. Other than that it looks great.
>>
>>47322379
Thanks. I will test Thunderclap instead of the Archangel - wanted to do it anyway.

What do you think should I replace with Gideons. Reflector mages?
>>
>>47321979
>>47321979
Interesting deck, but I don't think you'd beat me.

Still, it'd be a cool deck to play against.
>>
>>47322408
Bygone Bishop definitely. Its a good card but it doesn't quite fit the deck. As it is Gideon's Ultimate is too good to pass up and so is his ability to transform into a creature.
>>
>>47321022
Not him but the good thing about playin clues is that Declaration in Stone doesn't hurt as much and makes Confront the Unknown that much dangerous.
>>
>>47322443
its a bully deck. the sideboard is literally clip wings for avacyn and negates for ramp decks
>>
>>47321916
>>47321882
looks like this is setting up to be a cockatrice cock sizing contest
>>
>>47322482
Thanks man. I will start testing w/ 3 Thunderclap instead of 3 AoT and swap 2 bishops for 2 gideons for now, since I just can't afford buying 4 at once.

I am also considering buying an Avacyn and using 2 AoT/Wyverns and 1 Avacyn but that would probably be less consistent.
>>
>>47322649
It would if I could into cockatrice.
>>
RG ramp

how many ulamogs? 1 or 4?
>>
>>47323078

cant have enough ulamogs
>>
werk werk werk werk werk
tell me how you werk werk werk werkwerk

>>47322608
>>
File: 1447976689929.jpg (227 KB, 466x614) Image search: [Google]
1447976689929.jpg
227 KB, 466x614
>>47323297
its my lgs's meta. it just works.
>>
File: 1458316791277.gif (996 KB, 245x310) Image search: [Google]
1458316791277.gif
996 KB, 245x310
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rg-standard-werewolveswolves/

R8 this meme deck. I have taken top 8 at my FLGS with this pre sideboard, but still open to more suggestions
>>
>>47322608
Yes I noticed. Still I can't see it working too consistently. It seems to me that its trying to be more than it can for its own good. I imagine its pretty tuned to your meta though.

My own deck is an evolution of the U/W spirits deck I'd been using. I figured I'd rather go full clues and it's been working great so far.
>>
>>47323556
it works very well.
>>
>>47323475
I'd get rid of Voice of Torment for Pack Guardian. Its a pretty good creature, puts two bodies on the field so it works great with Howlpack Resurgence and flash mean you can pass, transform your Werewolves and cast it.

Also Duskwatch Recruiter is too good to pass up. I'd take Ulrich's Kindred and 2 Kessig Forgemaster.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.