[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've developed a strategy for attacking player in alphabetical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: img_7082.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
img_7082.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
I've developed a strategy for attacking player in alphabetical order, to avoid hurting anyone’s feelings.
>>
This is stupid, and so are you.
>>
>>47301131
Yes, do it. Don't tell them. See how long it takes them to figure out.
>>
I've decided that mages have priority over being attacked than martials, and I've banned Mage armor, shield, and fly.
>>
>>47301131
Poor AAAAAlex, he always gets hit first, no matter which table he's at.
>>
>>47301131
i'm okay with this.
>>
>>47301131
>attacking player in alphabetical order

>Alright Adrian, you're getting smacked first, and after you is Charlotte, then Dave, and Ray is last

>Bruised-looking players later
>"I'm really grateful for this, it's just such an equitable way of doling out beatings"
>"We used to roll dice for it, but that just took too long, now I can get my ass kicked without some random variable getting in the way"
>"It's really exciting to look at the name list and know that my teeth are going to be punched out in a very specific order"
>"There used to be some discrimination, where the DM would pick weaker-looking players to beat up first, but this is a really positive change I think"
>>
>>47301131
>players can use tactics
>>DMs can't

When will this meme die
>>
>>47301131
Yeah, but people are still not happy that you attacked them instead of not attacking. Will only really work if you have something down that has it so you have to attack. Something along the lines of bloodthirst, or a creature that has to attack every turn, maybe wiitigo or the enchantment version.

Also, there's always that one guy who will tear his deck apart killing the first person who looks at him funny, no matter the circumstances.
>>
>>47301261
>When will this meme die
Gettin' mighty sick of this meme.
>>
new question: under what circumstances do you have NPCs attack downed characters?

I make it depend on hunger. Starving wolves and ghouls will usually continue attacking a downed character
>>
>>47301131
Excellent. Here's my new character's sheet. His name is Zzz'zz.
>>
>Roll for character name
>>
>>47301131
>not doing initiative in alphabetical order
pleb
>>
>>47301260
>Implying the players are even paying attention to the combat when it's not their turn

They'll never figure it out.
>>
>>47301388
I was acting like it was OOC beatings, as in the DM was beating up the players in real life.
>>
>>47301331
I have it happen after every player is down, I don't think most creatures or people keep hitting an unmoving body if they're being stabbed from behind.
>>
>>47301239
>Aaron A. Aaronson has fallen.
>>
>>47301131
Is she touching an ancient weapon without gloves on?
>>
>>47301131
Everything's a dildo if you're brave enough.
>>
>>47301605
>ancient weapon
That's just her favorite dragon dildo, anon.
>>
File: ck.jpg (5 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
ck.jpg
5 KB, 201x251
>Class: 'Social Justice'-Warrior
>Race: Androgenderousblob
>Gender: 7.75
>Level: At least 7 (years of college education)
>>
>>47301365
Ah, a fine drow name
>>
>>47301605
Worse is that stupid gold bracelet. She thinks it matches that hideous gold nail polish, but she's ugly so it doesn't even matter.
>>
>>47301365
I was thinking more along the lines of Zyzz, but that works equally well.
Also what about names that starts with hyphen?
>>
>>47301605
Its likley a hands on exhibit.

Im pretty sure she's in The British Museum as well.
>>
>>47301698
Is that the only place in the Britain where they're actually allowed to keep sharp objects?
>>
>>47301131
My strategy is to attack players in order of strategical convenience, I assure you it's equally impartial. No personal considerations involved whatsoever.
>>
My character is 123max
oredr that shit
>>
>>47301331
I only have them start doing it if they're intelligent and the players repeatedly heal downed PCs and have them rejoined the fight. Otherwise it's just a waste of time - a downed enemy is an enemy who isn't fighting back, so why waste time finishing them off?

I will have carnivorous monsters start trying to drag off the downed character, though. Their goal is lunch, so why fight when you don't have to?
>>
File: asciifull.gif (27 KB, 715x488) Image search: [Google]
asciifull.gif
27 KB, 715x488
>>47301775
numbers go before letters
>>
>>47301826
In the us it's usually the opposite
>>
What kind of tactics would normal people/animals use?

I feel that most things would target the weakest link first, correct?
>>
>>47301933
Huh? No it's not. I would know, as my profession requires me to.
>>
>>47301286
>>When will this meme die
>Gettin' mighty sick of this meme.
Can this meme die already?
>>
>>47302288
Do your normal people know to geek the wizard first? That their clubs probably won't bother the plated knight much? That the monk will simply catch their arrows? Will they even be able to identify the unassumingly dressed robed figure as the monk? If informed of those things, assume they'll go after the biggest threat they can expect to take down. Otherwise, biggest (apparent) threat or easiest (apparently) to take down.

Peasants won't have much tactics beyond "drop him to the ground and break his dick" in any case.

With animals, you have to know why they're fighting. Cornered ones will lash out at whatever comes near. Hunters will go for the (seemingly) weakest, try to drag them off rather than fight the rest, and flee once they understand they aren't getting their dinner here. Ones protecting their territory/cubs will try to scare you away and not chase you too far.
Basically, animals don't want to fight. They want to eat and be undisturbed.
>>
>>47301628
Is it just because "CK" vaguely looks like "cuck", or is there another reason why he is posted as a cuck meme?
>>
>>47302601
Yeah, I suppose I should've used "least imposing/intimidating"
>>
>>47302669
He explains why white people are privileged and it triggered a lot of people
>>
>>47301131
as a person named Austin, fuck you.
>>
>>47301365
i am now going to create a Bee Druid named Zzz'zz
>>
>>47301605
You can see the seam, you idiot. It's as >>47301698 said, a hand-on exhibit, a replica (and a shitty one, from the looks of it).
>>
>>47302753
>He explains why white people are privileged and it triggered a lot of people
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks.
>>
I attack the ones most vulnerable and most critical to their tactics, to have the best chance of defeating them
>>
>>47301260
Kek
>>
>>47301131
Why would people's feelings be hurt?

If they figure out what you're doing, Aaron's going to feel shit on, and Zusman's tank is going to feel useless. If they don't figure out, it'll feel just as targeted/random as before.
>>
I use logic. Which does the assassin go after? The knight in full plate armor or the wizard throwing a fireball at some bandits? Most likely the latter.
>>
My next character will be a monk named Zyzz who goes completely ignored by the enemy until he dies of a heart attack
>>
File: cig.jpg (35 KB, 636x590) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
35 KB, 636x590
>>47301664
Oh /fashion/ I love you
>>
File: Image (5).jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (5).jpg
34 KB, 223x310
OP's face when
>>
>>47301679
>>47303140
'Sup /fit/.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.