[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #838: Jumpchain Told Me To Burn Things Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: Jumpchain Full.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain Full.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47287837
>>
File: image.png (360 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
360 KB, 500x500
Well, it's not perfect but it's better than the editionless one. Thanks Anon!
>>
>>
Is Dark Souls sorcery/pyromancy/hexes considered magic or spirit stuff for the purposes of things like anti-magic shells? It runs on either souls, or something natural to the world like fire and Dark (which explicitly does physical rather than arcane damage) so I thought it might be a good way to get around things normal magic resistance.

Well, except Miracles maybe. I forgot what those were powered by.
>>
What genres of jumps do you want to see more of?
>>
>>47298339
They would almost certainly all be considered magic, Boulder Heave is the only spell I can think of that does physical damage at all.

Many magic systems are/can be fueled off stuff like souls, they're still magic.
>>
>>47298383
Westerns. Cowboy Jumper has brought the attention to the fact we only have maybe one or two western Jumps. We have Wild West and I think that's all.
>>
>>47298383
I'm not super concerned with genre, there's stuff I like all over the place in fiction.
>>
>>47298383
More tabletop rpg stuff, I guess.
Really I just like any Jumps that is decently written.
>>
>>47298333
Yeah, 4chan demanded I use a different file to the other thread. Only missing the warehouse in the middle anyway.
>>
>>47298333
Eh, I guess it will I'll have to do

Anyway I've been doing some math.

https://web.archive.org/web/20101211015507/http://supcomdb.com/db/unit_details/2/3/xab1401
So Paragon resource generators are about 78.1 m in diameter since they are round and that is their dimensions.

Large worlds from Terraria are16,800 feet across
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=16,800+feet+to+meters

5121 meters divided by 78.1

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=5121+meters+divided+by+78.1+meters

Which means you can fit around 65 of those bad boys in each of them. Multiplying your total resource production with each of them.
>>
>>47298387
Sorcery and hexes literally shoots souls at people, though. Shouldn't that technically be spirit stuff?

By that logic you'd be able to get rid of the Abyss and the Chaos Flame using an anti-magic field which I rather doubt
>>
File: 1434045638001.png (79 KB, 466x492) Image search: [Google]
1434045638001.png
79 KB, 466x492
>>47298383
More Super Hero ones, More D&D ones, MORE fantasy with monsterous alt forms. I just can't get enough of it. OH and more kung-fu heavy jumps. We need more fighting games put in.

Tekken, Street Fighter and SNK STILL don't have jumps yet. That's just unreal.
>>
>>47298413
They do arcane damage, they call it magic, it's magic as far as I can tell.

The Abyss and the Chaos Flame are sources of power/places rather than magics. Also my interpretation of your argument would be to have them count as both magic and spiritual.
>>
>>47298440
Street Fighters got one in progress.
>>
>>47298441
I was mainly asking because most anti-magic stuff targets magic specifically while in DS like your said, the boundary between magic and souls is very thin. Because literally everything there is souls souls souls. And metaphysical things that are more like eldritch metaphysics than actual magic.

I wonder what would happen if you kindled the First Flame with an S2 Engine.
>>
>>47296248
Thanks for letting me know, and don't worry about the time delay.

One last question. Does the Railroading drawback keep you from achieving the optional objectives which are contrary to the plot? Or, in other words, does it become impossible to keep Aribeth from falling?
>>
>>47298383
Romantic Comedy.
>>
>>47298521
As the drawback states, they don't have to be resolved canonically. The downside is that failing to resolve the core issue of whatever the plot is, is now a loss condition.

Preventing Areibeth from falling would hep solve a large part of that plot but you would still need to find a way to deal with the forces originally behind her fall.
>>
>>47298582
Oops.
>>
File: mh1XwQQ.png (199 KB, 712x480) Image search: [Google]
mh1XwQQ.png
199 KB, 712x480
>>47298489
>if you kindled the First Flame with an S2 Engine.
>>
>>47298582
Got it, and thanks for the prompt responses.
>>
>>47298631
No problem.
>>
Are there any good perks for increasing the usage of typically one off items or abilities? I just discovered the Ragnarok jump and Conceptual Larceny (among other perks) is making me drool.
>>
>>47298536
How the hell would that genre work for jumps?
>>
>>47298410
Better than a Terraria world, use a Minecraft one. Their surface area are 8X bigger than Earth so you can shove even more of these things in there.
>>
>>47299027
The downside with those is that Mystcraft worlds slowly decay. It wouldn't last long enough for you to take advantage of all that area.
>>
File: YouAreCoolBrother.jpg (72 KB, 500x656) Image search: [Google]
YouAreCoolBrother.jpg
72 KB, 500x656
>>47298440
>and more kung-fu heavy jumps
My brother.
>>
File: christie brings the moves.gif (960 KB, 230x215) Image search: [Google]
christie brings the moves.gif
960 KB, 230x215
>>47298440
>>47299228
> more kung-fu heavy jumps

I'll see your bet and raise it with drug-dealing ninjas vs orphaned boy-band martial artists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZu69OB2KM
>>
>>47299180
Really ? I mean, I know that game-wise they do decay, but IIRC the perk says this:
>Furthermore, without a genuine understanding of the nature of dimensions, any new world you create with a Descriptive Book will be another Minecrafttype world, cursed to Decay into nothingness over the course of a week or so. This can be a handy way to gather resources without disrupting a ‘real’ world, or a good place to experiment with dangerous things, but nothing more... at least for now.
And I took that to mean that, with sufficient experience, knowledge or whatever, you could eventually learn to create worlds without decay.
>>
>>47298383
More lower-level Jumps. We've been seeing a lot of high-powered Jumps, but I love seeing things like Career Model and Uncharted Waters.

I'd also love to see more Tabletop ones. We still don't have Engine Hearts.
>>
>>47299027
didn't take that perk too busy getting the item duplication, also like >>47299180 said it seems wrong to create a world you know is much more doom'd then most.
>>
>>47298965
Princess Bride is one isn't it?
>>
>>47299711
That's inconceivable.
>>
>>47298965
Formulaically.
>>
>>47298383
I'm a sucker for noir and horror, so more of those.
>>
>>47298469
>>Street Fighters
>chun li thighs intensify
>>
>Disney Princess Jump
Whoever made this jump, I wanna thank you personally. I just can't stop giggling as I read the descriptions.

Also, so far, it looks like I'm the Ancestral Spirit of the hopelessly inept Princess sealed in her Talisman, who's gonna need some rescuing by a just passing-by heroine, 'cause the villain (also a hot babe) kidnapped her. By kidnap, I mean the princess fell into her arms, literally by the way. This is all happening in Not!Japan too...maybe the moon-OH! A comedic retelling of the Bamboo Cutter's Story!

I think I'm gonna be laughing too hard to sing, haven't had this much fun since I discovered the Nichijou Jump.
>>
>>47299886
Chun Li's Thighs vs. Scáthach's own
>>
So I recently remembered the bit in Oblivion with the magic paintbrush that let you go into a painting and walk around and wanted to know if it would work if you took it out of the jump. Seems like a question for CCDT if you're around.

Secondly, just in case it doesn't work, are there any other ways to do something like this? I know Mario has the Warp paintings which is pretty close but that risks Mario enemies showing up in them iirc.
>>
>>47300057
>jump Fate, go servant
>become Scáthach
>jump Street Fighter
>become Chun Li
>jump SAO
>purchase Final Form
>combine Scáthach thighs and Chun Li thighs
>instantly gain Spark due to overwhelming power of thighs
>>
File: 2GFQnFI.gif (385 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
2GFQnFI.gif
385 KB, 500x281
>>47300096
GENIUS!
>>
>>47300096
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLxDKQ_5FTQ
>>
With the Fate jumps, could you go Servant in one and Master in another or do you have to stick one path Servant or Master and use that throughout the entire series of jumps?
>>
>>47300176
You can switch if you want
>>
>>47299557
There's an old ruling that a lot of the truly absurd stuff is post Spark. Can still use it for mass resource extraction or temporary storage though.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/37947341/#37954650
>>
>>47298965
I don't know if there's enough variation within the genre for multiple jumps, I don't really watch romantic comedies, but I think a Generic Romantic Comedy jump would totally be workable. Probably something like the Sitcom jump where the world as a whole just runs on romcom logic.

Drop-in as the matchmaker/meta background.

A "I don't need love" background, I'm sure there's a term for it, with a perk that makes you good at business, but does nothing for your love life, and another perk that helps you attract people who can pull you out of your shell.

A "looking for love" background that has "Manic Pixie Dreamgirl" as its capstone, though I don't know what it'd do.

Wingman as the last background. Perks that make you the ultimate wingman and help you give people epiphanies on the importance of love, though this might overlap with drop-in too much.

"Grand Romantic Gesture" as an undiscounted perk.

Maybe "the one" as a purchasable companion, with a fluff joke about how, no, this companion is not an evil Jet Li from a parallel universe.

0 CP drawback that makes you the star of your own romcom at some point during your stay.

Drawback where people react realistically to stereotypical romcom shenanigans, such as grand gestures making people think you're creepy and obsessive.
>>
>>47300210
Thanks.
>>
>>47300210
In fact, it's advised for maximum utility, seeing how you can only get upgraded from being a Servant once. Switching lets you empower both yourself and a Companion, instead of just one or the other.
>>
Could someone please reupload the Eldar jump that was made?
>>
File: cyoajumpchaineldar.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
cyoajumpchaineldar.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47300353
>>
>>47300284
So, wait, you're saying that in one jump I can have Jibril as my Servant and then in another jump she can be my Master?

Best idea or best idea ever?
>>
>>47300377
> Jibril as my Servant
You know, I'm pretty sure even the King of Heroes would call hax.
>>
>>47300416
How do you think the other Servants would feel about having Gaia (from EVO) as my Servant? I mean, it's not the Gaia that wants to kill all humans, but they don't know that.
>>
>>47300416
What about Solomon?
>>
>>47300377
>>47300416
"Hey Jibril, just you and me on the next one. You're gonna be my Servant."
>". . ."
"Not like that. Well, maybe a little. We're going to go fight manifestations of Earths greatest heroes. Fight to the death, winner take all. Oh, by the way, gloves are off so you don't have to pull your punches this time."
>*sploosh*
"Thought so. To the Jumpermobile!"
>>
>>47300437
Blank stares followed by asking her how high her Information Erasure skill is. They wouldn't recognise her at all as a legendary heroine of myth after all, since she was kind of never there.
>>
>>47300480
At least Jibril is happy. Which I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
>>
>>47300480
>Oh, by the way, gloves are off so you don't have to pull your punches this time."
I'll take Things Never To Say To Jibril for 1000, Alex
>>
>>47300547
What is Avatar?
"Hey Jibril. Remove ayy lmao from the premises"
>*sploosh*
>>
Anyone object to me posting a Jak and Daxter jump?
>>
>>47300665
Why are you asking and not posting it?
>>
>>47300665
Do we not already have one?
>>
>>47300215
Huh, well that's a thing. Not going to follow the Conduit CYOA stuff, instead i'm gonna houserule that it's possible to work out the true technique in chain, but that it would take litterally millenias of constant works, and that estimate accounts for most intelligence boosting and super-training-speed stuff.
>>
>>47300679
Working on it right now I'm bored

>>47300683
Wasn't 100% it was unclaimed.
>>
>>47300576
She'd probably be good for the WoW and Warcraft jumps too. Just tell her to eliminate the greenskins and then watch the show.
>>
>>47300683
I can't find it within two seconds of completely inept and unmotivated searching.
It probably doesn't exist./joke
>>
File: magic iron man.jpg (227 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
magic iron man.jpg
227 KB, 1080x1920
>>47298383
We need more Space Fantasy jumps, like Fading Suns, Spelljammer, Wizardry, or Dragonstar, it combines my two favorite genres into one awesome whole.

Seriously, I would kill for a Fading Suns jump.
>>
Where I can get perks that let me alter my own biology?
>>
>>47300836
Gonna need to be more specific than that.
>>
>>47300836
Symbiote, Starcraft Zerg Route, EVO Search For Eden, Worm, Half-Life...there are tons of places you can go for biomanipulation stuff.
>>
>>47300360
If I am reading the Long Road right, we spend a hundred years in this jump?
>>
>>47300941
Let's call them, "Eldar Years."
>>
>>47300454
Not sure about him, maybe a "...huh, this might be difficult."

>>47300480
You forgot that the War is actually a ritual that could open a backdoor to Akasha.

>>47300510
Considering that she nostalgically reminisces over the War and all the battles and slaughters she took part in on, whether she's wiping out an entire city of Elven Mages for shooting her out of the sky or remembering how Flugel it took to kill one Dragon and how even she barely survived those encounters...

GG Fuyuki City and Japan.
>>
>>47300941
Basically, you'll have to survive the Eldark times.
>>
>>47300905
Basically create new organs and replicate existing ones. On the fly.
>>
>>47301105
>You forgot that the War is actually a ritual that could open a backdoor to Akasha.
Explain.
>>
>>47301105
>Akasa
Ho boy. If DS2 has taught many anything, it's usually a bad thing when that thing gets involved.
>>
>>47301149
Akasha* Autocorrect, don't push your luck.
>>
>>47300360
So, how good is Warlock? Bolt of psychic force and a forcefield doesn't sound that impressive, but shooting down chaos champions does...
>>
File: passthedespair.jpg (101 KB, 850x611) Image search: [Google]
passthedespair.jpg
101 KB, 850x611
>>47300360
Drawbacks: Run, A Knife in the Dark, A Stifling Emptiness, There Is Only War, An Undeniable Hunger, A Circle of Fools(1800)

Path of the Seer

Rolled Alaitoc

Guardian Training (Free)
Psychic Race (Free)
Eldar Physiology (Free)
Tall and Narrow Gate (1200)
Farseer (800)
Bonesinger (400)
Grace of the Eldar Race (300)
Not All Who Wander Are Lost (0):
-Daedalus, Not quite (0)
-Morathi: Path of the Seer, Farseer (0)
-Lightning: Path of the Warrior, Exarch (0.
-Elune: Exodite, Not quite (0)
-Kiva: Exodite, Path of the Scholar (0)
-Radio Noise: Path of the Outsider, Pathfinder (0)
-Amane: Path of the Seer, Farseer (0)
-Miyako: Path of the Seer, Farseer (0)

PREVIOUSLY ON JUMPCHAIN: Breaking news! The God-Emperor of Mankind has been revived-and rebranded himself as the Man-Emperor of Mankind! Dark Eldar continue to try and shut the massive portal leading straight to Commoragh other species are using to take vengeance on them! The Imperium has entered into a mutual defence pact with the reunified Necrontyr Empire! The Eye of Terror has been mysteriously shut! Mystic lattice protects human souls from the Warp!

NOW:

She’s gone.

Do not misunderstand us, after all the arguments died last jump we parted on good terms, it’s just-parting is…hard for such as we. Because, she said, she didn’t think our relationship and our goals would both survive the Spark.

And she thanked us for the good times, before dissolving back into the beautiful, inchoate force we first met in this very universe. If she were human, it would have been ego death. But she is not, and was simply going home.

…this is not a good day to be us. But we have responsibilities to attend to.

Even now, the Emperor is perverting our plan to reforge humanity as Lords of Order in the name of human supremacy. Between that, the breaching of Commoragh and the Great Leap Elsewhere the Silent King has pioneered for his kind the Eldar are probably panicking.

(Cont'd)
>>
File: Antispiralelectronica.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralelectronica.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
>>47301229
Priority #1 is going to be enhancing the Blank aspect of our soul with Page of Void powers, completely cutting us out of psychic view even as Slaanesh and Nurgle momentarily experience the sensation of great dread and/or cockblocking as they continue to starve impotently. Priority #2 is to conduct further studies on the Webway to supplement our knowledge of how to build it. Thanks to Endless Recycling, we can fix anything. Thanks to the Moon Cell’s technology, we are an almost perfect scholar. And thanks to our cosmic reserves of psychic energy and newfound psychic knacks, we have the power to do something about it.

And while we’re at that, we’ll also get Elune and Daedalus to start restoring more planets for Eldar colonisation. The others have their roles to play too, whether in collecting research on Eldar technology or serving as inspirational icons.

Either way, they’ll serve as harbingers of a rumour we will Rumormonger to every Eldar in the galaxy: That Ynnead will be born sooner than expected

Priority #3 will take place once we’ve finished stabilising a suitably concealable part of the Webway, and will involve a team-up with Cegorach provided he doesn’t just throw pies at us for being a filthy Pariah. The idea is to mount yet another Harlequin expedition to rescue Isha. And with Nurgle’s attention diverted just long enough to see the trespassers, we shall use a modification of the Rite of Ash-Kent to summon Isha to the Webway and-well, we’ll have to play that one by ear. Stockholm syndrome’s one helluva drug.

We honestly have no idea what to expect when it comes to negotiation with the last surviving members of the Eldar pantheon, but hopefully we can come to an accord if only out of enlightened self-interest. The way the Eldar live creates much fewer evolution-based risks than humans, and so we have no objection to sucking up all the Craftworlds’ misfortunes and spitting them at, say, the orks and ’nids.
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>47301254
Simultaneously, our holy presence as a Herald will-well, we obviously don’t want to GET RID of the xenophobia completely over night. Just skew their pride into being enlightened guardians of the galaxy, and convince them to teach the hiveworlds most isolated from the Imperium how to live correctly. And some Dark Eldar interact with Craftworlds, so with Commoragh likely undergoing something of a refugee crisis at the moment it would be nice if we could bring the (relatively) less depraved ones back into the fold. They like to think they’re the inheritors of the Old Ones’ legacy? Fine. We’ll help them act like it. Social engineering is going to take a long time to stick to ‘em, so we’ll also have to come up with some sort of convoluted plan to make our rival’s life miserable for a whole millennium, but not miserable enough to properly count as vengeance. We are the Count of Monte Craftworld and they are Eldar Danglars.

If we can’t fight the Imperium without sundering our own plans to save the world, we’ll just sow the seeds for a power bloc to prevent them from reigning unchallenged. And if they have an Emperor, we’ll just use the Waters of Life to allow their gods to take form in the Materium. This time, there will be no mistak-a few centuries’ minimum of fine-tuning the nascent Ynnead’s with Karmatron Dynamics and Path to Victory will be used to cultivate a being that will actually follow our directives. And when Ynnead is brought into being, we will use a shard of our almighty Grace to bestow seraphic powers on him.

There’s probably a moral in here somewhere about loss and rebirth but the melancholy lewdness is making it hard to appreciate it.

...we have no idea what to do about Khaine, though. On the one hand, just leaving his shards in the Warp probably enables Khorne just a little bit. On the other hand, he's a team killing fuckwad who got his ass beaten by one of the weakest Chaos Gods when it was just born.
>>
File: 1459748540801.jpg (125 KB, 850x486) Image search: [Google]
1459748540801.jpg
125 KB, 850x486
>>47301115
So, basically all of >>47300908 will help. I recommend combining them with shapeshifting perk, such as those you might find in a Cape setting.
And pic up JoJo's vampire mode.
It's good.

Someone is working on a James Cameron's The Thing gauntlet, which has a nice cherry on top for any Not!Shoggoth type build.
>>
>>47301115
>X-Men Movies
Self-Molecular Manipulation, Omega Level

>40k Jumps
Psyker: Biomancy, Alpha Level

Between those two you've got a decent start to do what you want. Now, you'll probably want some heavy intelligence and science buffs to help you understand what it is you're doing so maybe go Super-Mago Scientist in Tenchi SOL and Space.

I think what you want to do is doable, depending on how far you want to go, but it'll be a multi-jump build and not a single perk buy.
>>
>>47301299
>James Cameron's The Thing
>James Cameron's
>James
>Cameron's

Please, please for the love of all the is good and decent in this universe, tell me that was an autocorrect error or something.
>>
>>47301133
The name "Holy Grail War "is a misnomer, a bit of deliberate misinformation, at least the Fuyuki Version.

That one is actually the Heaven's Feel Ritual, a giant ritual to help Einzbern Family recover their Lost Magic, the Heaven's Feel, aka the Third Magic. Having some access to the Akashic Record is needed to achieve such a feat.

Well, that and generally speaking, all Magicians (wielders of True Magic) have seen some of the Akashic Record and survived it. It's the goal of entire lines of Magus Families, and it just so happened that the Einzbern screwed up and actually lost their Magic so badly that they had to ask two other families, the Makiri (who would become known as the Matou) and the Tohsaka (a family of apprentices to the Wizard Marshall), to help them regain it.

I'm pretty sure you could wish for access to the Root with the other Grails as well though, but considering that they are connected to the Throne of Heroes, which in turn is a part of Akasha, it should be a relatively easy wish...except that it might trigger the Counter Force and kill everything in the area and surrounding the area. So that's a no-no according to the Clocktower, like a "we will send the fucking Enforcers to fuck you up, don't fucking test us" no-no.

>>47301149
Best case scenario, you reach it and come back, with actual Magic. Worst case scenario, Alaya notices and activates the Counter Force, which might involve the Counter Guardians. Shit's fucked scenario, Heroic Spirits get involved.

The last one though is theoretical, no one really knows what would happen if the Root notices that you're there.
>>
>>47301229
>She's gone
Oh ASA, I'm sorry to hear that man. You two seemed to be doing so well, even with that argument in your last jump. All I can say is, give yourself some time. This kind of thing can be hard, even for a cosmic horror/Herald of the Lord/Messiah like you.
>>
>>47301368
>>47301299
Holy mother of fuck, how did my phone do that?
John Carpenter.
I swear to god, I typed John Carpenter.
>>
>>47301444
Have you been typing James Cameron a lot recently? Your phone might have saved his name as an autocorrect or something, and changed it from John Carpenter.
>>
>>47301496
I'm pretty sure it was just a minor seizure. My phone doesn't have auto-correct, just spell-suggest powered by Google.
I probably just hit the first buttons available like the meat robot they want me to be.
>>
>>47301299
>>47301359
Thanks, that will do.
>>
File: antiwobble.gif (414 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
antiwobble.gif
414 KB, 520x520
>>47301421
We're not so sure. All this time, and we've defined it as a marriage because of the commitment but from her point of view we were going steady. Even counting EVO and the other 350+ jumps between Civilisation and now, that's not even a tenth of the average star's lifespan-and she's all of them, kind of. Also, the whole concept of a relationship was alien to her at first, took a long time just to ask her out. So really, for our partner it's more like a kinky summer trying new and strange things and now going back to regular life.

Granted there aren't very many incarnated concept/ascended former human relationships out there so it's not like we can just hit up Spacebook for relationship advice.

But, this wasn't like the fight we had in Fallen London. We talked about settling down and...yeah. Ironically the very personification we taught her to start this relationship was also its' undoing, because she was enough of a person to realise how homesickness feels when she finally got a chance to visit home again.

If we ever see her again it'll be post-Spark. Well, unless someone makes another 40K jump before then.

>>47301444
>Jame's Cameron's The Thing
>not-Eywa's quest to civilise the human race

"These poor savage things will never embrace salvation."

"I will have to rape it into them"
>>
http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

Those last lines are from this short story. It's worth a read.
>>
>>47300787
Dragonstar would be pretty cool

Its D&D in space
>>
>>47301767
Anything that gives me the chance to remove Illithid gets my vote.
>>
Ugh. Arcanum is melting my brain. I swear I'm thinking of just handing out Immunity to the whole Science/Magic interaction of the universe to Jumpers and just being done with it. The Jump would be done by now if I wasn't trying to figure out how even the most basic out of Jump abilities interact with The Universal Law.
>>
What would you anons like to see in a Vocaloid jump? What do you think about it being a gauntlet?
totally not asking because I'm stuck on what should be added or whatever haha
>>
>>47301827
I'm indifferent about it being a gauntlet. I could see some fairly valid arguments for and against it.

I just don't know how you'd do it as a single jump, though. Don't all the songs take place in different worlds?

>>47301815
Mind showing what you have so far?
>>
>>47301374
>The name "Holy Grail War "is a misnomer, a bit of deliberate misinformation, at least the Fuyuki Version. . .
And that's a bad thing, I take it? I am completely ignorant of Fate, so I understood very little of what you said and how it relates to: >>47300480
>>
File: 1403062785774.gif (2 MB, 350x312) Image search: [Google]
1403062785774.gif
2 MB, 350x312
>>47301815
>tfw have tons of perks specifically tied around magitech
>some magical things will immediately go NUCLEAR without tech intervention
>tfw some magic is so developed it might as well be science
>one of my companions would pretty much die upon contact with such a setting
>want to jump this setting so fucking badly anyway only to see the kind of suffering I would go through

THIS ISN'T FAIR I DEMAND A DO OVER.
>>
>>47301815
Will there be an option to keep and/or buy the positive effects of the Science/Magic aura post jump?

I am in love with the idea of my presence making the world around me more magical, like with Harbinger of Magic in Spyro, so I have been stacking as many of those types of abilities as I can get my hands on.
>>
>>47301815
Just have the in-universe sources cause the effect, with a drawback that makes it universal.
>>
>>47301886
http://pastebin.com/4KjRTLXk

This is a very rough pastebin of what I've got on the issue so far. Most of my notes are physical as I've been snatching time to work on it during lunch breaks and the like. A lot of fluff and clarification would obviously need to be put in.

>>47301950
This is kind of what I'm killing myself trying to avoid. I'm trying to make the setting a little more "alive" than just a single drawback applying the effects of the Universal Law to one's own powers.

>>47301973
I was planning to have something to that effect as a reward for an optional scenario.
>>
>>47301815
Have separate origins / trees for magic and science that are normally priced, and a hybrid jumper tree that is expensive as fuck that lets you experience both. Much like how the Screw You Kubey bit from Madoka lets you get past some of the in universe fuckery at the cost of paying more for your perks.

I'd say look at that mechanic and then find a way to make something like that work for Arcanum.
>>
>>47302001
I'm just worried the wankers are going to call this the second coming of the Fallout Nerf.
>>
File: 0pcfaCJ.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
0pcfaCJ.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
>>47302001
>Spiritual, Psychic, and Divine abilities all count as Magical

JUST FUCK MY SHIT RIGHT UP SENPAI

Oh well I can just deal with it and pay the 500cp just to function in such a setting.

THERE HAD BETTER BE APPEARANCE/FRIENDSHIP/DIPLOMACY PERKS TO MAKE UP FOR THIS. I WANT MY SUFFERING TO HAVE MEANING YOU KNOW.
>>
File: i can wait.gif (4 MB, 256x195) Image search: [Google]
i can wait.gif
4 MB, 256x195
>>47302001
>optional scenario
>mfw
Well, best of luck with the jump. I am really, REALLY looking forward to it.
>>
>>47302001
Probably best to give the jumpers a free immunity to the law concerning out of jmp stuff, like how Dresden files did it.
>>
>>47302019
I like this. The QB thing from the Madoka jump was pretty sweet, it avoids the Fallout nerf problem that >>47302089 points out causes salt but keeps the flavor of the universe problems.
>>
>>47301940
It was advertised as an omnipotent wish granting object. It's not.

It's a backdoor into the source of all knowledge that uses the Souls of really powerful beings (the Servants) to build up enough Prana (energy) to basically run what is a System Restore on the Einzbern's True Magic (Heaven's Feel - The Manipulation and True Creation of Souls).

It could kind of grant wishes, but it would have been really clumsy and amounted to simply throwing a near-infinite amount of energy at Reality until it broke and gave in to the wish.

As for how it relates to Jibril and her already incredible arousal at the thought of an epic war. She's become a bit of a knowledge junkie (by junkie, I mean hardcore heroin addict equivalent) due, in part, to Tet's proclamation banning violence. So instead of just arousal, she'd prolly orgasm on the spot and then work to ride her Master's pelvis into oblivion on top of the corpses of the legendary heroes she slaughtered.

She'd be that joyful. No jokes. She almost orgasmed at one point in the story when Sora and Shiro allowed her to get truly violent inside another game involving a masochistic Mermaid Princess and a Dating Simulator.
>>
>>47302001
Why do spiritual, divine and psychic powers count as magical? That seems overly arbitrary.
>>
Speaking of nerfing, how would people feel about an inverted nerf? Carrot instead of stick, bribing the jumper with something nice if they agree to play by the setting's themes. Would that be more acceptable? Because I'm brainstorming ideas for a hard sci-fi jump, and I don't want jumpers to immediately trivialize the difficulties of space travel by introducing some cheap FTL reactionless drive. I figure giving them an incentive to play along would go over better than just saying "no, you can't do this at all".
>>
>>47302216
I...think that's kinda how scenarios work? Like, you "jump" under certain conditions and you get a reward at the end of your journey for fulfilling them. I'm game.
>>
>>47302216
Well, I think it's better at least.
Definitely a step up from "no, muh special setting" that was prevalent when we first split from the general.
>>
>>47302195
Personally, I think that dividing them from magic is the arbitrary decision. I've never seen a good explanation for how those aren't the same thing as magic. You're using some sort of supernatural energy to alter reality, sounds a lot like magic to me.
>>
>>47302019
I'll look into that. It might be worth considering an option like that instead of what I've been doing.

>>47302089
I have no idea what you're referring to, but I am trying to avoid a salt-pocalyse. That's why it's taken me so long to make the Jump. I'm trying to get the feel right while maintaining the fun.

>>47302112
>>Spoiler
I'm planning on having a ton of Backgrounds to choose from. You'll probably like Super Model. And Diplomacy is going to get it's own section of Perks. Don't worry. If there's one thing this setting is good at it's having something for /everyone/.

>>47302114
Thanks. I appreciate that. Nice to not get shit on for making Jumps for once.

>>47302130
That's the way I'm leaning now, actually. It seems the simplest solution, but feels like a bit of a cop out.

>>47302195
Because there are Spell Colleges that deal with each of those. Mental covers a range of Psychic powers. White and Black Necromantic cover most classic Divine powers. Spiritual is, admittedly, a bit of a gray zone, but most of them fall under one Spell College or another.
>>
>>47302185
>It was advertised as an omnipotent wish granting object. It's not. . .
Huh. Well, I'm less interested in the Grail at the end of the War and more interested in the War itself. It sounds like a neat experience.

I'm more on the end of experience vs rewards as a jumper.

>As for how it relates to Jibril . . .
Neat. Thanks for taking the time to walk me through all that, I appreciate it!
>>
>>47302265
>>47302272
Cool. Now I just need to think of what a good reward would actually be. Something that's fitting in return for not violating special or general relativity. I'm fine if you want to mess with other laws of physics, those won't disqualify you for the reward. I just think that hard sci-fi spaceships are cool and it would be nice to have a jump where we use them. Nuclear-thermal rockets, plasma sails, particle beam-riders, mass-drivers, Lofstrom Loops, orbital beanstalks...there's so much cool stuff out there that tends to get left behind by most sci-fi settings because they skipped right past them in their technological development.
>>
>>47302273
>I use an anti-magic field to destroy your soul, your god and your mind

Apart from that, spiritualism pertains to the soul and most people agree something that fundamental to a living being is not intrinsically the same thing as casting a fireball. So it's like, a fundamental part of who you are which not every system of magic is. Psychic powers sometimes have scifi explanations so-it's like arguing radiowaves are magic, depending on where they come from. As for divine powers, it's because divine powers are sometimes associated with beings that predate magic systems or operate outside their usual rules and which are fundamental to the natural order of reality rather than being a quantifiable system like magi-

>>47302284
-oh okay nevermind, fair enough. I still want to contest ALL psychic powers since some are scientifically produced from other jumps.
>>
>>47302359
Still sounds like that's all magic to me, man. Different sorts of magic, sure, but still just magic.
>>
File: 1423184472997.gif (481 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
1423184472997.gif
481 KB, 141x141
>>47302292
No problem, enjoy your war, and I hope you have either stocked on your durability or regeneration perks.
>>
>>47302383
I feel like you're just lumping things you can't be bothered to understand properly into the category of magic. I want to make clear: I'm not accusing you of demonstrating favoritism to the setting, I just think you're being lazy.
>>
>>47302383
...come to think of it, if the law only applies to in-universe forms of magic why should it apply to forms of magic and substances from other worlds? Isn't that like saying anyone podded from another jump to the Nasuverse automatically gets an Origin?
>>
>>47302216
Don't pull a Red, man. A nerf is still a nerf, and by nerfing us you're encouraging her to stick around and keep bitching.
>>
Don't reply, don't acknowledge, let him gnaw at the air.
>>
>>47302089
To be fair not everyone who hates that are just going RRREEEEEE I for one hate it because it come out of nowhere, there is nothing in the Fallout world that says your powers should be effected more or less then usual, but I don’t have a problem with Spyro, or theoretically Arcanum because magic fucking shit up is cannon and makes sense for the jump. Anyway that is just my personal opinion, and I’m not trying to force it, just stating my viewpoint.

>>47302504
But you can just fuck off.
>>
>>47302522
This man gets it.
>>
File: b4889675434467622114dd3.png (201 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
b4889675434467622114dd3.png
201 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>47302452
It's less that and more that they all share common traits. Magic, spiritualism, psionics, divinity, whatever. They're all taking something not part of the physical universe and giving it authority over that physical universe. They're the intrusion of will and thought onto base matter, making objective reality conform to subjective whim. They might use different mechanisms to do so, but at their heart they're all the same thing.

>>47302490
Don't they? I could have sworn they did.
>>
>>47302526
Do. Not. Feed. Him.
>>
>>47302490
You have a point there. It's one of the things I've been considering. On the other hand, it's been pretty well established in the setting that it is an intrinsic part of the universe with absolutely no wiggle room allowed. That leads me to believe even out of context powers would be affected by it. Honestly, I would have settled on Jumper Immunity a while ago if I wasn't so set on trying to maintain the "flavor" of the universe.
>>
>>47302540
No, they don't. Better example: Podding someone to JoJo doesn't mean they can automatically develop a Stand.

That's an incredibly broad generalisation that operates on a lot of assumptions. In Okami the gods ARE fundamentally part of the physical universe not "an intrusion of will and thought". Magic frequently needs rote actions or additional components while spiritual powers just need you to yell and focus your internal energy in some settings.

I really want to agree with you just to spite the shitposter up there, but I can't pretend I find your assumption to be too much of a generlisation to accept.
>>
>>47302575
Ah shit, wish I'd seen this post before the post timers.

I would assume the native world's magic and tech would (mis)function as advertised but my two cents are there's too many varieties of outside context powers to be covered under the headings of magic and science as defined from what little I know of the setting; Lord of Light-native Rakasha and Ar Tonelico's Revytails can throw fireballs around and they're intrinsically scientific. Oh, and then there's Stands. Not to mention there are ways to mess with the fundamental order of the universe with certain forms of magic, like a Seed of Wonder from Buffy and the Slayer's Handbook.
>>
>>47302575
Why not make it so the effects are way lesser for outside the universe things, that would fit a bit more perhaps?
Also you could add a note about magitech being that sweetspot that operates fine if it uses out of universe stuff.
>>
Speaking of scenarios, does anyone have a list of the jumps that have them?
>>
>>47302679
No but most of Dirge's, some of CCDT's and From Dust are the only ones with 'em as far as I know
>>
>>47302658
That's the crux of the problem, really. I've been murdering myself trying to come up with a system that would encompass as many OOC powers as possible so I wouldn't have to constantly answer questions about it. 10 points to you for bringing up the Slayer's Handbook

I think I'll just go with OOC powers being immune and call it a day so I can get some work done on the rest of the Jump.

>>47302670
While I do like that idea, I think I'll just make my life simple and stick to Jumper Immunity. I will keep it in mind if I revisit the issue later though.

Also, thanks to all of you for your inputs, suggestions, and discussions.
>>
>>47302713
Hasn't CCDT claimed his are more 'bonus objectives'?
>>
>>47302679
Ragnarok Online....DA BEST (Well until Sword and Sorcery scenarios come around....then I shall sweat profusely as I attempt to decide, slso there might be one or three jumps I forgot).
>>
>>47302592
The gods are still an outside intervention on the natural order of the universe. If it requires conscious entities to enforce, it's not really fundamental to the universe. The world of Okami is an artificially construct, what you see when the gods go away is what it's "supposed" to be. You're just applying a chauvinistic perspective to it because the world they've created with their intervention is one that pleases you, so you assume it's necessary to the functioning of the world. It's not. The world functions with or without the gods, all their presence changes is what it looks like.
>>
>>47302754
>Also, thanks to all of you for your inputs, suggestions, and discussions.
No, thank you for making the jump. I hope you have fun with it!
>>
>>47300836
best one is shadow ops
>>
>>47302782
Well if we're counting them as scenarios, how the hell does Terra Formars not count?
>>
>>47302782
Eh, they're still called the same things aren't they? I've noticed different folks take different approaches to what scenarios are meant to be like.

>>47302754
Aight, thanks for hearing me out

>>47302814
Why?

>>47302809
>The gods are still an outside intervention on the natural order of the universe. If it requires conscious entities to enforce, it's not really fundamental to the universe

But...that's wrong. That assumes the physical model of the universe is the same as that in every world in fiction out there.

There ARE worlds out there where the world will literally go kaboom without the gods, because what a god is can vary in different settings.

>Chauvinistic

...I don't even know what you're accusing me of. Are you saying I'm attributing anthropomorphism instead of just accepting, you know, that fantasy worlds run on different rules sometimes, or are you accusing me of being an MRA?
>>
A question for the thread: How powerful should a setting be aloud to make you before it should be limited to postspark/endjump material? Planetbusting or what?
>>
>>47302713
Chrono Trigger also has some CCDT-style ones.
>>
>>47302942
>limiting anything to end-jump or post spark

Into the trash it goes.
>>
File: tgchan.png (182 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tgchan.png
182 KB, 500x375
>>47302942
No one knows, or can agree. So let’s fight about it!
>>
>>47302863
The first one. Chauvinism just means overly strong loyalty to your perspective and way of life, it's only a coincidence of use that's gotten it associated with MRAs. In this case, I'm saying that you're favoring the idea of a world that looks like yours as being the right and natural order of the universe, and ignoring the fact that it only looks that way because of an unnatural alteration of it.

And I don't deny that there are worlds that will fall apart without the intervention of the gods. But that just means those worlds are poorly-designed. Imagine a house that requires you to hold up the ceiling personally, all the time, or it falls down. That's a pretty shitty house, to require a person to make it stay together. Much better is a house that has support beams and joists, so it holds up on its own. I recognize that that it's quite possible for a being to have made itself essential for a universe to function, but I'm not going to assume that makes them something special. That man holding up the ceiling is doing the same job a piece of wood can do. Universes shouldn't require minds to function, it's a tremendous waste. You can do so much with a mind, and you use it as a replacement for a log?
>>
>>47302942
>How powerful should a setting be aloud
>be aloud
>aloud
Well, I don't know what jump you're proposing but I'm already concerned.
>>
>>47302986
What if the god is the house anon?
What if the god is the support beams.

I think your argument is a bit wrong here.
Or maaybe you got a grudge.
Eh whatever.
>>
>>47303022
Well, then I imagine the god probably has some sort of autonomic self-support system, much like the human capacity for homeostasis, and therefore isn't consciously intervening in its body's physical processes. If it doesn't, though, then I feel really bad for this assumption and want to offer this poor thing my condolences. That sounds horrifying, to have to consciously manage your physiology. I know I wouldn't want to have to be directly in charge of the operation of my organs.
>>
>>47303067
Yeah that damn frog thought the same thing no doubt. (Homestuck reference, the universe or galaxy is a frog and whilst they do have an immune system of sorts its...eh not that good and not quite a god, still a living being).

But yeah you are correct.

Still in exalted gods are more like moderators (Barring the Incarnae who trully are kinda how I described them yet not, its hard to describe it damnit, fucking setting man).
In that setting they need to administrate to keep reallity from falling apart.....kinda, its a complicated shit if you do not know it.

Hm I suppose in most settings you could argue correctly against the need of divinities indeed.

>to be directly in charge of the operation of my organs
Sounds like my jumper when I got to nightmare before christmas and took the bug capstone....freaky shit happened to my body, freaky shit man, especially in hueg dragon form rivaling most mountains.

I will admit it appeals to me having symbiotic things on me or being a living hive(In theory humans already do carry a small hive of bacteria just about everywhere in our body in a symbiosis of sorts....its why what few bacteria are bad for us...are so fucking dangerous).
>>
>>47302986
This conversation is pointless. You refuse to accept the basic truth that sometimes there are statements in fiction that cleanly define X as magic, Y as divinity and Z as magic. All I can say is you're doing exactly what you're accusing me of by assuming your definition of what's fundamental to the universe is absolute across all fictional settings ever.
>>
>>47303004
No need to get touchy, I was honestly curious if there was some kind of community standard, since that sees to be how jc regulates itself. Its actually pretty surprising that no one seems to have an idea.
>>
File: offends slaanesh.jpg (79 KB, 600x603) Image search: [Google]
offends slaanesh.jpg
79 KB, 600x603
>>47303004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7AC5M7F4ys
>>
>>47302942
If it invalidates the Planeswalker Spark as a reward (and this is an Oldwalker Spark, mind you!) don't allow it.

Rendering the entire POINT of the journey meaningless is bad, and a journey with no destination is aimless, mindless wandering in the dark, lost and deaf and blind.
>>
>>47303256
Yes, of course, I'm so silly for thinking basic rationality applies over all universes. Actually, now that I type that out I realize that I probably am, things like rule of cool do mean that logic works differently in some worlds. So I guess there could be some sort of way that you could have divinity not just be a different form of magic. Alright, I concede the point. Let's just drop it.
>>
>>47303262
The only real guidelines are the jumps that already have endgame scenarios, as far as I know. So, think Gurren Lagann and Tenchi's biggest hits, or DBZ feats taken seriously.
>>
>>47302942
Generally, making something an End Jump should be reserved for the very biggest cosmic-level settings - ones that put you on a scale where nothing's going to be a challenge to you ever again. If a setting isn't on that level, it's really not Spark material.
>>
>>47303318
>ones that put you on a scale where nothing's going to be a challenge to you ever again.

We have shit like that already and they aren't endjumps.

Sounds to me like everybody's just falling in line with the nerfs.
>>
File: 88265ac409eb4cae9d2514af8e10afe5.jpg (699 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
88265ac409eb4cae9d2514af8e10afe5.jpg
699 KB, 1200x1200
What's the best jump for becoming a princess?
>>
>>47303305
>basic rationality

So, what's your Gurren Lagann jump build like?
>>
File: do_this.png (82 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
do_this.png
82 KB, 625x626
>>
>>47303342
Disney Princess
Game of Thrones
Really any jump where you can be royalty of some description - and I think there's a perk somewhere which actually DOES slot you in automatically as a member of a jump's royal family.
>>
>>47303330
"Nerf" is a buzzword on the same level as "weaboo," "cancer," and "edgy."
>>
>>47303330
Sounds to me like someone's assmad because everyone treats him like the shitposter he is
>>
>>47303376
>>47303392
Stop.

Feeding it.

IT is a disease that if you don't acknowledge, it'll go back to it's corner.
>>
>>47302114
It looks like they tortured that poor dog.

Why can't I stop laughing.
>>
File: 1421969829024.gif (835 KB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
1421969829024.gif
835 KB, 320x181
>>47303262
A spelling mistake Anon.

>Allowed
not
>Aloud
>>
>>47303399
>implying it's the same guy
>>
>>47303291
Say, is there dubstep in 40k?
If you went heretic, that'd be a hell of gift for Slaanesh.
>>
>>47303433
I don't care if it's one guy or five, feeding them is propagating bullshit and you are being a piece of maggot-ridden shit for supporting it, PuritanAnon.
>>
>>47303448
Literally who?
>>
>>47303330
It's pretty sad, isn't it?

I blame Red for encouraging this thinking. We wouldn't be having this argument if she listened for once and left like we want her to.
>>
File: don't feed the troll.jpg (48 KB, 680x543) Image search: [Google]
don't feed the troll.jpg
48 KB, 680x543
>>
File: 2f9.png (207 KB, 600x635) Image search: [Google]
2f9.png
207 KB, 600x635
>>
File: 1461570620855.jpg (104 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
1461570620855.jpg
104 KB, 800x670
>>47303419
>>
>>47303471
He keeps trying to call literally fucking everyone a 'puritan' now. I don't really understand it.

If he thinks you're the guy who gets on him for calling people 'puritananon', then that's me, and I've also been telling you people not to feed the shitposter. So he agrees with me on the correct thing to do. It's just that he's an idiot and saw the shitposter use the term 'bogeyman' once and now he's blaming all his problems on me.
>>
>>47303556
What is that image based off of?
>>
>>47303569
Darkest Dungeon.
>>
>>47303373
>Game of Thrones
>Good for women
Have you read/watched it?
>>
>>47303556
Darkest Dungeon, son.

Well meme-ed.
>>
>>47303365
That fish looks so fucking smug.

It's awakening forbidden feelings from the /a/ encrusted recesses of my soul.
>>
>>47303569
Darkest Dungeon. We have a Gauntlet of it, and it's a pretty painful game unless you don't mind losing units by the bucketload.

>>47303582
Anon asked where they could be a princess.

I gave a suggestion. being any of the major houses will aid in that endeavor.
>>
File: response to tyranids.gif (575 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
response to tyranids.gif
575 KB, 320x180
So in other news, let's say you wanna take down a whole hive mind all at once.

Options?
>>
>>47303603
Bloodline Curse, or strong enough psionics.
>>
>>47303598
I have a better suggestion the jump before you go to game of thrones get some invulnerability or sick ass healing powers.
>>
>>47303420
Woops. Thats what I get for posting on my phone.
>>
File: 1432775389689.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1432775389689.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
>>47303561
>>
File: 1ab7e9d3e0cbe80791d3925ae22299ff.png (938 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1ab7e9d3e0cbe80791d3925ae22299ff.png
938 KB, 1200x1600
>>47303603
It's go with one of the cursed memetic items from SPC. There's a few to choose from and they're all pretty horrible.
>>
>>47303603
Tyranids specificaly or hive minds in general?
>>
>>47303582
That's what Dodgeball is for.
>>
>>47303694
In general, though specific anti-Tyranid tips are also appreciated.
>>
File: 1461572553034.jpg (28 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
1461572553034.jpg
28 KB, 540x489
>>47303668
>when your Nintendogs alt-form doesn't bypass a drawback
>>
>>47303566
Two different people, actually. I use PuritanAnon to refer to anyone who suggests they're the representative of multiple anons when they shitpost. I don't know why this guy used it.
>>
>>47303777
The memes, Jack!
>>
>>47303777
>Whose Post Is It Anyway?
>Where the sides are made up and the Jumps don't matter
>>
>>47303777
The fact that you use that term for it makes me think you're a delusional one.
>>
>>47303603
This >>47303678 is decent idea, specifically the Beginner's Guide to Memetic Kill Agents, which can be found in SCP-1326, the Lexicon.
You can even purchase it with with cp, just remember to feed it regularly, or it'll puke up spiders with human heads.

Of course, this assumes that the target's mind is close enough to 'human' for it to work.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/understanding-memetics
>>
>>47303816
The fact that you think I care about the opinion of some random anonymous makes me suspect the same about you.
>>
>>47303900
You care enough to need to tell me you don't care.
>>
>>47303816
>>47303900
Yeah yeah you both suck. Now shut up.
>>
>>47303924
Second.
>>
File: double sided pizza.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
double sided pizza.gif
2 MB, 300x225
For those of you who no longer require or partake in sustenance:

How do you get used to never tasting anything?
>>
>>47303957
Just because I don't need to eat, doesn't mean I don't eat. I just eat when I want to, not because I have to.
>>
>>47303957
>double sided pizza burrito
To the kitchen/lab!
BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
>>
File: No mercy.jpg (41 KB, 300x392) Image search: [Google]
No mercy.jpg
41 KB, 300x392
>>47303342
Long Live the Queen gauntlet
>>
>>47303957
oh I eat plenty just because I don't need to eat doesn't my gourmet cells won't go hungry
>>
>>47304067
Well... you're not wrong.
>>
>>47304067
Elodie is cute. CUTE.
>>
Ah, yes, "Jumper."
We have dismissed that claim.
>>
File: 7fa.jpg (43 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
7fa.jpg
43 KB, 612x612
>>47304153
That is it! Fuck you, I'm going renegade.
>>
>>47303957
That's the easy part.
The hard part is not becoming a huge food snob by always being a 'chooser,' and never a 'beggar'.
>>
>>47304067
Aw yish, there is something to be said about young Elodie that I like, she is so..so adorable 10/10 would adopt her if her father wasn't worse.
>>
>>47304209
This. Not having to eat means I basically never do eat unless it's something entirely new to me, or it's extremely delicious. Or I just psychologically crave something in my stomach, but that was only a problem for the first few Jumps.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1469x819) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1469x819
>>47304153
This is me giving a fuck about the council.
>>
>>47304284
>implying

Guy loses his wife to strange lifespan-draining magic, has to rule a kingdom full of squabbling nobles and arcane horrors until his daughter comes of age, and his daughter, the one light of his life, is constantly targeted by assassins and other troubles. Then a foreign sorcerer who claims to be behind his wife's death shows up for his daughter's soul.

And to top it all off, an eldritch abomination lives in her head and is talking to her now.

Guy needs a hug and a cookie.
>>
File: '49 was a good year.jpg (25 KB, 226x337) Image search: [Google]
'49 was a good year.jpg
25 KB, 226x337
>>47304153
Then I guess you won't mind if I jump that claim.
>>
>>47304153
>>47304189
I am now imagining the Jumper going full Michigan Frog on poor Shep.
And a few other people.
>>
>>47303748
Hive Mind isn't a single entity, it's a collective will of an entire Tyranid Hive. There's only been one person to survive contact, with his sanity intact. All others go bad at the trillions of voices in their head.

The thing with Tyranids, they're difficult to eradicate. You need to deal massive blows to their network, by taking out the Synapsis Creatures. You also have to find and target the hive queen, she acts like a giant Synapasis for the entire hive.

Problem is she's in center of a mass of Tyranids in Space, in center of a hive ship full of hungry Tyranids. So first you need to identify the ship she's in, then you need blow it up.

This is in addition to the ground and air wars waged planetside, where they'll literally throw millions and billions of Tyranid lifeforms.

Planetside you need to take out the Tyrranoforming pillars. They basically suck up the planet's life into energy to be used by the Tyranids.

Knocking them over is a priority, and dealing with whatever special unit they decide to put out. Hive Tyrants are top priority to kill, because they're a massive investment in resources. Something that can only be gotten back when they've successfully tyrannoformed the planet, sucking up all the energy and recycling all the organic matter (including living Tyranids).

That's how you combat Tyranids. As a Jumper, I'm sure if you're in a situation that you HAVE to face them, and you're not just starting out in your journey. Then they shouldn't be too much of a problem. They are susceptible to biological agents, but it has to be quick otherwise they could have chance to adapt.
>>
>>47304416
Michigan Frog?
>>
>>47304416
I'd watch it.
>>
>>47304513
Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gaaaaaaalllll.
>>
>>47304513
https://www.google.com/search?q=michigan+frog&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiqqOHw8OHMAhWEMyYKHcijDWIQ_AUIBSgA
>>
>>47303299
not all those that wander are lost
>>
>>47304685
How can I be lost, if I've got nowhere to go?
>>
File: best day ever sfw.png (425 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
best day ever sfw.png
425 KB, 500x373
>>47304416
> Michigan Frog

Pretty sure I took some of that when I went to Burning Man.
>>
File: 1451883073543.png (534 KB, 550x511) Image search: [Google]
1451883073543.png
534 KB, 550x511
>>47304539
>>47304513
>>47304416
> Not going full Xenomorph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc
>>
>>47304712
Because you are making all your nowhere plans for nobody.
>>
>>47303342
It's not in the drive, but there's an MLP jump.
>>
>>47305069
If something isn't on the drive, we don't want to hear about it. Capiche?
>>
File: 234598234926y023496.png (90 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
234598234926y023496.png
90 KB, 618x618
>>
>>47305069
I rate this bait 4/10, try not to be so on the nose about it in the future. A good bait isn't about what you say, it's about what you don't say.
>>
Hay JC, what ttrpgs would you like to see jumps of? Besides what I said in >>47300787 I would also love to see jumps for Monte Cook’s Arcana Unearthed, Shaintar, Earthdawn, and Feng Shui.

A Rifts jump would be awesome, but damned if I can think of how anyone could pull it off.
>>
So in the Eldar jump I realize I will be meeting myself as I took the continuation drawback in Eldar and the time extension in the Imperium jump.So anyone got good ideas in what I/we should do during the jump?

>Inb4 sex with myself
>>
What are some things that jumpmakers do that annoy you?
>>
>>47303342
Any jump is the best jump for becoming a princess. First be a cute girl (entirely optional really), then Raise a large Island out of the ocean with Jumper powers. This may mess up some coastal areas a tiny bit it's a small price for your new title.
Then you use your jumper magic and technology to turn your island in to a veritable wonderland using the displaced refugees as your new citizens and your jumper magic to make it so that it is the most powerful and beautiful place in the universe.
Then wait for the rest of the countries to attack you because you are a horrible monster who drowned millions of people and devastated the global economy just so you could be a princess, kick their asses take over the world in response all the while claiming to innocently be defending yourself, you are now the princess of the world. Rinse and repeat every 10 or so years in new worlds.
>>
File: low energy bait.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
low energy bait.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
>>
>>47305456
It's called humor, I believe.
>>
>>47304410
Hehe true, Also I meant if he was worse (Because yeah I understand).
>>
>>47305417
Throw in stupid limits to protect their precious settings. Shit like Matrix and Bayonetta are good examples of limits we didn't need but the jump maker threw in anyway to screw everyone over.
>>
>>47305417
Act like they deserve respect.
>>
>>47305440
Such a cheese...Bond villain like plot.

I approve.
>>
>>47305358
Ryuutama
Engine Hearts
Don't Rest Your Head
Weapons of the Gods
>>
File: sad naruto.gif (941 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
sad naruto.gif
941 KB, 500x281
>>47305417
Take a really long time.

I mean, it's not even so much annoyance. There are so many settings I have plans for but the Jumps aren't done yet, so I can't do what I've got in mind.
>>
>>47305499
>Bayonetta

Aww, is baby upset he's not allowed the OP Eyes of the World?
>>
>>47305532
Don't feed him.
>>
HERE WE GO AGAIN

A WORLD RECORD THREE, YES, THREE TIMES IN ONE THREAD
>>
>>47305501
I know that you're being facetious, but it is annoying when they leave their trips or names on 24/7 just for the clout it gives them.
>>
>>47305507
>Don't Rest Your Head
There was going to be a jump of this...once.
A well made pastebin was even posted.

>The fucking ocean island is a river...captcha stahp you are messing with the natural order.
>>
>>47305501
Hey, some of them deserve respect. Don't be an asshole to jump makers who don't dickstomp us.

>>47305532
I'm upset because she nerfed witches and sages to be shit starting out. Since, you know, we're not allowed to be powerful because actually having a chance isn't "fun."
>>
File: scared arthur.gif (344 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
scared arthur.gif
344 KB, 300x169
>>47305553
>yfw the true final boss of Jumpchain is the personification of captcha
>no one who has ever been a robot can defeat it
>>
>>47305417
Make the 100 CP Perk for Drop-In discounted when the other backgrounds are free.

Rolls with direct mechanical benefits. Not something like One Piece's devil fruit tables, but more like The Sims 3 making you pay more to get the Student background if you roll too low on age.
>>
>>47305417
Having a 100cp drop in discount but using the 100,200,400,600 cp perk system and not having 50cp items.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.