[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solo Campaigns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Pic Unrelated.jpg (449 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pic Unrelated.jpg
449 KB, 1920x1080
Hey, /tg/.

I know this may seem like an odd request, but I'm wondering if anyone here has some sort of know-how on running a single player campaign.

I know, it's sad, but it's been over 3 years since I've had some sort of roleplaying experience with friends. All I want is to relive my old memories of having a character with it's own story, and I'm having a very hard time on creating a proper atmosphere.

Any recommendations or tips would be appreciated.
>>
>>47296539
wouldnt it be better to play some vidya
>>
>>47296539
Get the AD&D 1st edition DM's guide. Roll up a random dungeon and take a character through it.
>>
>>47296539
I roll play with my wife. Im her personal DM. she enkoys it alot. And i really enjoy making each important npc/party member/bbeg, i keep thinking on every npc personality and behaviour. How they ALL should interact with my wife's character un every situation and so on

We also roll play with our friends but she also likes our own setting with our own rules and history
>>
File: Hikikomori.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Hikikomori.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47296539
This is the only solo rpg I've run. Kind of depressing since it's a recreation of the "Welcome to the NHK" experience. Mystic seems to be the go to answer for solo rpg's though. It's a supplement that gives you a framework to take a system of your choice and run it by yourself. Never done it though so I can't say if the effect is what you're looking for.
>>
Just do it.
Ran a 3 years campaign with one core player with whom I did regular 48 hours marathon, just the two of us and our imagination. We was kids tho, so it was easier to find the time and inspiration.
>>
File: 1457252880257.gif (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1457252880257.gif
3 MB, 600x338
>>47300009

I remember the Let's Plays/Quests we had of this.

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/24838565/#24838565

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/24875077/#24875077
>>
>>47300009
I ran this a while ago and managed to have the system break itself with some flukey rolls. I went full ham and tried to get my shit to go awry, but two of my Traits just ended up resolving by themselves.

If this had a bit of tweaking, it would be immensely fun, but my first two runs were both middling.
>>
Go to the cyoa thread and go nuts with it
>>
File: 1462415277487.jpg (306 KB, 763x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462415277487.jpg
306 KB, 763x1000
>>47301263
CYOA books were big in the end of 80's and early 90's, I assume some of them should've winded up on pdfs by now?
>>
Scarlet Heroes is OSR that's specifically designed to play with one other person. Ups the powerlevel without making it boring. Easy to convert modules from dnd or other OSR stuff. Pretty sure the basic rules are free.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.