[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Really Creepy That Guy Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: 1458321614627.jpg (31 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
1458321614627.jpg
31 KB, 650x488
Hey /teeg/, I got a problem with one of my fellow players and I have no idea what to do about it, so I figured I'd ask you elegan/tg/entleman about it.

See, one of our players is playing this little orphan ranger girl and the whole routine is actually pretty cute. She was basically this super cheery group mascot that was super eager to help all the time.

Then this new player shows up with a prissy noble character that he plays as anime as possible with her ending sentences with shit like "ufufufu" or "ohohoho". Worse yet, this first thing his character does is pick a fight with the party.

The second thing he does is have her "claim the loli" as he put it. The hunter's player has always been a little soft spoken and he tends to go with the flow both IC and OOC so I don't know how okay he is with this, but the noble weaboo asshole will do things like get his character drunk and carry her off to a private room or force the hunter to bathe his character.

Frankly the whole thing is super troubling and I just want it to stop.
>>
>>47294694
>Frankly the whole thing is super troubling and I just want it to stop.
Then say something. If it doesn't stop, kick the new person out.
>>
>>47294721
This.
Do it privately. If that fails, do it at the table.
>>
Have you resorted to the age old language of violence?
>>
"Yo, asshole, stop doing the thing. You sound like a creep. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that you just have a shitty sense of humor and poor social skills, but this shit ends, capisce?"
>>
>>47294874
This. Try slapping the pig fucker
>>
>>47294721
>>47294845

Pretty much. You are under no obligation to accommodate nor indulge jackasses at the table. Correct their behavior or remove them from the game.

That Guy thrives in the spaces where they are not removed because of apathy or a lack of spine. They follow the path of least resistance, and feed off attention when and where they can take/milk it. It'll only get worse, since they tend to just keep pushing to see how far they can go.
>>
File: 1463133878906.gif (474 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1463133878906.gif
474 KB, 550x550
>>47294694
Talk to the GM and ask him to say something, or grow a pair of fucking balls and tell him to knock that shit out. If it's only bothering you and you can't quite get over it, however, then you're better off just leaving yourself, plenty of groups in the sea. If it's over skype or discord, or some other bullshit than even better, go say something right now.

We have these threads, with the same obvious answers, every fucking day, how come none of you fags know how to deal with people by now? Group problem solving 101, you can't solve anything if you can't communicate the issue to anyone.
>>
Replace loli with doppelganger assassin, rocks fall noble at bath time. So sad, your loli is in another castle.
>>
great story OP, almost got me excited
>>
>>47294939

Ravenloft rules just had anyone in the same room as a doppelganger alone is insta-gibbed and replaced with a doppelganger without their knowledge.
>>
File: heavymetal.jpg (195 KB, 571x768) Image search: [Google]
heavymetal.jpg
195 KB, 571x768
>>47294967
jesus christ thats badass.
>>
>>47295032

DM keeps track of who is and is not a doppelganger. Doppelganged PCs can doppelgang other PCs if left alone with them. Last PC to get doppelganged prompts DM to reveal when/where each PC was doppelganged by who. Unless, of course, they figure out the clues and destroy the doppelgangers, completing the quest.
>>
>>47295092

Also should say doppelganger PCs don't have a choice in the matter. They simply turn the other into a doppelganger without either's knowledge.
>>
>>47294966
B8
>>
>>47295620
He has a point, OPs post is too specific to not just be an attempt to bait responses out of people. Hell, he's asking a question that most adult human beings would be able to solve on top of that.
>>
>>47295664
>/tg/
>rational adults
Bigger b8
>>
>>47294694
>new player is a shithead
Step 1: call him up privately, tell him he's a shithead and that he should stop
Step 2: if he doesn't, remove from the group.

Step 1.5: have a chat with the ranger player, assure that you're stepping in to stop the creep

Also reminds me of one cunt
>plays an "adult but looks like a loli" summoner with succubus summon
>succubus constantly flirts with everybody and feels up the loli summoner
>another PC responds positively to summoner's flirting
>EEEE HE IS CREEPING ON ME
>>
>>47295935
>*succubuses flirting, rather than summoner's
I actually suspected that he was trying to distract succubus from the loli to reduce the creepness
>>
>>47294694
I play a farmer character in this game and OP is talking shit.
The noble is more adopting the hunter and they've had a lot of cute heart warming scenes.
OP is probably the guy who plays the double Jew merchant and does nothing but power game for cash while bitching about everyone else ROLEplaying instead of ROLLplayinglike him.
>>
>>47294845
>>47294919
>>47295935
Why on earth would you want to private message someone about this sort of thing instead of just calling them out when they actually are doing it in front of the group? I don't get why you couldn't just say "Do you mind not being a weird pedophile for this game" right after he tries to do something
>>
File: 1446220968307.gif (2 MB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
1446220968307.gif
2 MB, 636x288
If you're all looking for something a little less bait like but still in the same vein, I have a similar conundrum. I am playing an underage (60) elf druid, mostly for a justification for roleplaying a character that misses the point of nearly everything we do, mis-estimates the severity of almost every situation, panics in fights when her friends get hurt, etc. Childish. Elves in human lands don't catch as much shit for being young, and I've always found the prolonged adolescence of elves to be silly so I ran with the idea, trying to make a competent adventurer that was still unfit for adult life. I suppose I could have gotten away with making her a guy like me but I would have found that difficult to model properly due to my biases and experiences with young hippies. In short, I do comic relief, the character is just an archetype that I find easy to find funny things to say and do with, and the age thing didn't come up often in two years of play.

To make the situation clear, I'm not down for sexual, and I'm not going to RP being the little girl - I like my magical realms separate from my friend games, and although we do have flirting/seduction in game, it's mostly done for humor, and I've never participated, mostly because I don't feel the need to do it IRL. But the problem I wanted to ask about arrived with a new player, who took an unexpected action upon finding out that I was playing a female underage elf. This player has assumed that I'm "that guy", decided to give it a go, and started creeping IC, which of course has made things terrifically weird and recontextualized the whole thing.

I shot him down of course, but how the fuck am I supposed to recover from being painted as "that guy" with my IRL friends? I mean, it's not like I have much defense to offer besides that I do my best to keep that part of my life anonymous and private.
>>
Depends if the player playing the loli is male or female
If female, you should probably do something
If male, well, he brought it onto himself and possibly enjoys it deep inside
>>
>>47296313

I don't know, you already justified yourself pretty well, I think.

Unless your other players had a problem with it and never said anything.

Then you may very well be a That Guy.
>>
>>47296273
Calling out something like this in front of a lot of people has a much higher chance of resulting in a critical meltdown situation. It's not fun for anyone at that point.
>>
>>47296464
Any meltdown caused by something that small is a long time coming. The person the OP is talking about is probably just trying to play some sort of "older sister" type anime character and the OP is just over thinking it anyway.

But maybe not though. Maybe he's just creating fap material for when he get's home IDFK. Secretly planning an intervention for someone instead of just saying what's on your mind is how you cause a meltdown.
>>
File: 123.gif (3 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
123.gif
3 MB, 500x375
>>47296313
If his character tries something, have her stab him in the dick.

Or you can OOC tell him to fuck off. I guess either one works.
>>
>>47296273
Going public is a dramatic gesture and is more likely to leave sour wounds. Going private has a higher chance of problem getting fixed.

If it doesn't get fixed, then yes, go public and remove the guy.
>>
>>47296273
>loving lolis
>weird
>>
>>47296416
I don't think that's the case - but if I misread my closest friends for two years I could very well be that guy. Thanks for the anxiety fuel I guess.

>>47296519
I very smoothly mumbled 'haha, no' and then started shooting worried, baffled looks his way. It took a few tries to get it to stop.
>>
File: 1460213075028.jpg (88 KB, 544x483) Image search: [Google]
1460213075028.jpg
88 KB, 544x483
>>47296557
This desu senpai.
>>
>>47296716
Take your sick floor tile fetish somewhere else
>>
>>47296736
I'll take it and jam it into some sticky runny cunnies.
>>
>>47296612
>I very smoothly mumbled 'haha, no' and then started shooting worried, baffled looks his way. It took a few tries to get it to stop.
well, that's pretty good roleplaying, because that's how a lot of girls would react, too. It also doesn't work. Assert yourself, idiot
>>
File: 1462774727362.jpg (14 KB, 415x329) Image search: [Google]
1462774727362.jpg
14 KB, 415x329
>>47296107
I highly doubt it. But even in the situation you were speaking the true, how would it make it less creepy?
Also playing a power-hungry and greedy merchant bitching about everything is pretty much roleplaying.
>>
>>47296369
> Men can't be raped

Anon.
>>
>>47296890
His assumptions about why a guy would play a little girl in a role playing game isn't really the same thing as that argument
>>
>>47296516
>The person the OP is talking about is probably just trying to play some sort of "older sister" type anime character
Likely, yes.
But he is doing it badly and creepily.

Telling him off in front of the group is going to be insulting.
In private, it can actually help him to adjust.
>>
>>47296754
>cunnies

Are you this dude?

>>>/a/141636494
>>
>>47297391
Cunnie is a common australian term for vagina, /a/non.
>>
>>47297512
I'm aware but I saw that having just left the other thread and I couldn't help but wonder.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.