[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Yuan Ti purebloods look like humans, but abominations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: yuantiAbomination.jpg (161 KB, 930x1170) Image search: [Google]
yuantiAbomination.jpg
161 KB, 930x1170
Why do Yuan Ti purebloods look like humans, but abominations look like snakes? I think the name are misleading here.

If their society values snakelike features, shouldn't abominations be considered the most pure?
>>
>>47288817
Never made sense to me either.
>>
So neckbeards can have a snake lady to waifu.
>>
>>47288817
Could just be a translation from their language to Common using whatever terms other races used for them. The other races would be inclined to believe that the Purebloods are what the race is supposed to be, since it looks like the rest of the races. In contrast the Abominations have very little in common physically with humans, dwarves, or elves, aside from having arms, so they call them something ugly and unnatural. For the Yuan-ti, these are just sounds, having no inherent meaning in their language, so they just let it go.
>>
I agree with you man, I always figured the closer to snake you got the more pureblood you would be considered having, and the most human-like ones were abominations but a necessary bastardization for use infiltrating the warm-blooded races.
>>
>>47288817
Fairly sure they don't call themselves that.
>>
>>47290789
Yup. Probably just what humans/elves/dwarves/other common races call them, not what they consider themselves to be.
>>
>>47288817
>>47289069

Because the human players need something, anything, to relate to. Foreign but not too foreign is the key here, pathetic as it is.

>>47289095
Too.
>>
>>47290789
This or it's from the perspective of their rubes, probably. They could refer to themselves as Purebloods, Halfbloods, and Abominations in relation to the humans they're infiltrating without sounding odd, I'd think.
>>
I'd prefer to play it off as a translation issue and assume they're actually calling them inbred.
>>
Probably an outsiders' perception. Abominations being seen as tainted beings that are far from being human. I doubt they'd seriously call one of their own kind an anathema or whatever.
>>
>Abominations
Perhaps some leftover from the Sarrukh? They created the yuan-ti as servants, I believe. Perhaps the Abominations looked too much like the Sarrukh themselves while being inferior servants, so they were called abominations.
>>
>>47288817
The terms "pure", "anathema" and "abomination" don't have the same connotations Yuan Ti society. Good is bad, bad is good, yada yada yada.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.