[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #837: Blazin' Beef and Big Old Buns Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 1442013359136.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47277385
>>
File: burger.gif (55 KB, 678x422) Image search: [Google]
burger.gif
55 KB, 678x422
>>47287837
>>
File: dermatobia_hominis12.jpg (53 KB, 400x434) Image search: [Google]
dermatobia_hominis12.jpg
53 KB, 400x434
>>
You know I keep wondering if Jumpers have you ever lost yourself?
Like losing your sense of self/forget who you were before? Was it better that you forgot who you once were and living in the moment or worst that you have decided to destroy a piece of your past to cover up who you were before in order to live now? Sorry if I seem annoying I am just curious.
Might be the wrong place to ask this since I'm on /tg/ but I'm mainly asking as if you were your jumper self.
>>
File: Past throdd lost.png (65 KB, 1327x647) Image search: [Google]
Past throdd lost.png
65 KB, 1327x647
Alrigth, this was from that one thread that got closed because OP didnt put an edition. Go figure.

So, JC, pic related? Any interesting gimmicks you've made either as bargaining chips or just fool around/ give autenticityto your story?
>>
In Slice of Life:

1. Is "Jump SOL" the one option needed to go to any setting? What's up with the random Dragon Age references?
2. Could you go to real life with this?
3. Does the "return for six months" reward still locks your powers? Seems like that would just kill you with a lifetime worth of "vacations" there.
>>
>>47287365
LoV's aura is the size of the Emirates Stadium. Herald's aura is the size of a baseball diamond, minus the outfield.

You basically take some of your angelic essence and imbue it into stuff to make bodies which you then stuff with a soul. Your divine magic smooths over the obvious issues such as "How the hell does a clay man breathe? Or function at all, for that matter." Depends on how much you put into them. You can take just the tiniest sliver to make tens of thousands of beings on par with Angels, or you can take visible fractions of your strength to make the equivalent of Thrones.

So long as you're neutral, they probably won't decline the offer.

It's the canon ending, so yes, but it's still possible for you to accidentally convince him to swing either way.

Doing a minor-ish update for SMT, yeah. I intend to make SMT2 eventually, but I'm kinda burned out on both writing and gaming, so I'm not even considering calling it or anything. I might give R-Type a minor update too, though it won't be the scenarios I promised.
>>
>>47288057
Only question I can reliably answer is 3, which is No - the six-month returns do not lock your powers.
>>
>>47288057
1. I don't know I think so.
2. No I don't think you can I am not sure.
3. Your powers aren't locked.
>>
If the person making the 40K Ork jump is here, will there be anything for spreading ork spores to future jumps? I mean besides just entering an ork form and breathing.
>>
>>47288130
Brutus is making that Jump
>>
>>47288051
So my story is saying I am a god (not a major one, but a good enough I suppose).

One of the things I got as mine is making life, so I decided to do a bit beyond that and say my domain is pets, so don't mistreat your own or Imma come for uranus.

I made pokemon...without ever having been to pokemon or any related to it verses not even digimon.

Evo perks plus Geneforge plus Matrix (Human body perk) plus G.I joe science genetics perk and that other about psionics plus Xcom.

I made a pet which bonds psychically to its master, but not too heavily.
It was damn hard but I managed it and the end result was glorious.

Also low grade (In contrast to what I carry) nanites to help with things like mutating viruses.

How it happened?

Evo lets me make anything I have met as well as give adaptations at will (Use it to mostly make the pet beautiful or alter it).
Geneforge gave me some rather good options as pets (Nothing sapient on the level of humans becomes a pet, that is slavery).
Matrix perk allows me to mess around what with the machines making cybernetics grow inside of humans, why I even made a symbiotic exo-suit once. But for this case I needed it for the creation of the equipment I made to secure a psychic bond that is not too heavy on the minds of others or at least adjustable.
Then the rather good in my opinion genetics and that other perk that lets you mess with psionics.
Xcom is needed to generally find that psionic potential and let me make a retro-virus to grant it to people or at least....study psionics in general.

One other thing I do is make Sectoids and have them with me usign inhuman forms initiate first contact (Their genes are alien so it kinda fits).
Also use chryssalids as my pet bioweapon when the mood strikes me.

Heh I never lack test subjects as I can both clone and use my evo perks to bring to life whatever I want.
>>
File: Everyone's dancing furiously.gif (11 KB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
Everyone's dancing furiously.gif
11 KB, 500x225
>>47288097
>I intend to make SMT2 eventually
All my want!
>>
File: 1446217449738.png (57 KB, 1355x266) Image search: [Google]
1446217449738.png
57 KB, 1355x266
>>47287906
I hope I don't get shat on for this.

I don't consider my jumper!self to have lost their identity so much as they've managed to flesh it out, finally. I mean... it's like, look back at the 'you' from the beginning of high school. Then look at the 'you' who went to college. You're still the same person, just... changed. More experiences, more knowledge. That knowledge may be from mistakes, but you're still changed from those experiences... yet at the same time still 'you'.

My chain is mostly just one huge run of that. My jumpself is still herself, just a vastly changed self. Is there a 'Ship of Theseus' paradox someone can pluck from it? Oh sure, I'm sure there's plenty of merit to the argument. But I haven't felt the need to cut away pieces of my personality, soulrape myself to be warped, any of that. It's... just one giant run of "I wonder how I can augment myself to follow my desires of being a giant amazonian badass mage, and how can I improve my ability to alter others as they want?"

As much as my jump!self disliked how they were before the journey? That past is no less important to them, because how else are they going to understand just how far they've come to completing their desires? The problems they've had are simply motivation to solve those problems with themselves and keep from becoming a total asshole... and without those past experiences, they stop being themselves in a way.

Never lose the past. Embrace it, and build upon it to become something more.

...I'm sure someone will give shit for the whole "You abandoned your humanity you fucking traitor" bit, but being a cyberdemon is pretty fucking awesome in my opinion. I mean come on, DEMONS. The name just sounds awesome. The important thing is that you remain a PERSON. Being a nice person is far more important.

Pic semi-related for those who feel they've lost humanity.
>>
>>47288288
>spoilers

Hold up, I didn't have my morning coffee, give me a second.
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
>>47287868
And here we see definitive proof that evolution is pure evil.

>>47287906
Oh yes, absolutely. Don't get us wrong-we keep all our MEMORIES crystal clear, but our sense of self was holding us back and gave us a vulnerability to name-binding magic.

We got rid of it as quickly as we could, and replaced it with something...more suited to what we were trying to become at the time.

Unfortunately. It seems as a consquence of certain perks, the damn thing keeps coming back when we're not looking.

>>47288051
You know how some people put ships in bottles? We do something like that, but with worlds.

Ones we tailor-build, specifically. An old HSDW recipe that makes worlds on par with a Reality Marble refined with the art of Creation, bolstered by an EX Anti-Planet NP which itself is reinforced by the sacrifice of countless Divine Spirits, the empyrean fires of our soul, a pinch of personal Pattern and a few split thaums.

Being sung into existence from Nothingness and will, they tend to take on exotic configurations. Crystal tesseract-flowers populated by friendly pixel-clouds floating in a sea of colours. A twilight desert where your dreams are distilled from the morning dew and embark on surreal quests. A beautiful void full of living music, where glitter and sparkles cascade in perfect harmony.

And then we use Preserve the Land to seal them into bottles and snowglobes and music boxes with a few other enchantments, and sell them to people.
>>
>>47288300
I think it's been established that these jokes don't help.
>>
>>47288307
>Preserve the Land

You... Do know that perk just transforms a location into an artifact themed around it, and doesn't actually put it on display or anything, right?

The Tree of Mana was transformed into a sword, Geo City became a book, etc. You're not putting it into a bottle, you're storing it in a spontaneously-manifested artifact themed around it.
>>
>>47287906
Amnesia drawbacks are interesting chances to explore who I'd be if I weren't me. I've been a world-healer, a servant to the spirit of New York, and a monster-making conqueror. Maybe a few other things besides.

Otherwise, I'm just me, with flaws and virtues all. I get better in some areas, worse in others.
>>
>>47288355
Please don't. The fanboy shitposter will rouse from his slumber.
>>
File: PARTYTIME.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
PARTYTIME.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
>>47288097
Oh, you did R-type too? Nice!

If you had the knowledge of how to build the spaceship that shoots weather at people, a means of attuning technology as a conduit for psychic powers, Alpha psyker pyromancy and Viator of Nullspace could you rig up the weapons systems to shoot localised warpstorms? Or would they come out as more really, really weird supernatural weather?
>>
>>47288375
Telling people not to do something because of shitposters is itself shitposting.
>>
>>47288382
We now need ASA to be the Idol singer we need. If only there was an Idol M@ster jump.
>>
>>47288375
Didn't we already establish that you running around calling 'fanboy shitposter' just makes people hostile to you?
>>
>>47288051
Ok so there was this time where i just wanted to sit down and crash my ten years in someone else's couch. (It was Fantasy Warhammer and i took the Leisure-you a lazy fag drawback)

Thankfully, i had got myself set of golden, enchainted-to-the-gills, Armor i have been working on in case i had to wear somehting convincing if my glorious glow wasn't enough.

Pretty mice thing actually, iterative improvement over Maker magic bonuses and even a few inspiration-awe charms.

Shield was just a golden cover that hid and a vibranium core with movile barrier seals and the sword had a golden version of the Moonligth greatsord's magic beams, puls a few more token enhancements and being adamntum covered in gold.

So i just go to the palace and tell them angel taugth me hw to do it and granted me holy metal magic stuff. Put the excuse that the stars werent aligned 9 out of 10 times they asked me to make anything.
>>
>>47288448
Shut up, PuritanAnon.
>>
File: Antieh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
Antieh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>47288355
Ah, see that's the idea-the world gets shrunken into a whimsical little structure. And then THAT gets put into a bottle or snowglobe or aquarium-like how regular people put ships in bottles. And then even more magic is done to the container for aspects of the world within to manifest outside its' confines when it's shaken hard enough.

>>47288389
If it helps we have jumped Symphogear and Ar Tonelico. We went full scientist both times though, with some other odds and ends like the power of holding hands

Also the Correspondence is apparently sun rather than spoken in its' native state so. There's that too!

>>47288375
>>47288384
>>47288448
>>47288474
Can you guys all please chill? It's all good, this isn't worth arguing over.
>>
>>47288382
They wouldn't be "real" Warp Storms as they partly stem from the material, but with how accurate their effects would be, the distinction is purely semantical.
>>
>>47288474
What? Okay, I get it. Falseflagging. You were shitposting in the first place under the guise of warning us away from shitposters.
>>
File: haemonculus.jpg (129 KB, 699x1021) Image search: [Google]
haemonculus.jpg
129 KB, 699x1021
>>47287906
I took perks (notably from Narnia and Robocop) that allow me to remain myself which gives me a narrative explanation for why I can make a decent guess as to how I'll act in each setting.

But yes. Sometimes drawbacks get in the way and everything goes to shit.

Big one was in the Light of Terra. Notably it was immediately after Commorragh so what I could immediately remember was being a haemonculus and I was dropped onto the ship without any powers.

Cut-price pain machines made out of scrap metal and the mangled bodies of those that crossed me skulked the halls searching for fresher bodies. Rumours spread amongst the remaining tribes that the Pale Sons were mobilising but whole areas quickly grew silent as they were snuffed out one after the other. Men lost their lives to monsters with the stitched-on faces of their former friends and compatriots. The Pale Sons no longer stuck to the shadows, the Pale Father had arrived and he was not pleased with the state of things.

Then of course the nosebleeds stopped, the memory chip calibrated to the centuries of memories from a bunch of slightly different brains and I could actually look through my other memory sets as well and the whole thing turned into a much more knockabout fun king of the muties sort of thing.
>>
>>47288307
Pic said
>Not the marble with a universe in it
>Stuff you would give away, if not to just to anyone

Example was a dimensional drill punch, senin brace and timestop-watch

>Being sung into existence from Nothingness and will, they tend to take on exotic configurations. Crystal tesseract-flowers populated by friendly pixel-clouds floating in a sea of colours. A twilight desert where your dreams are distilled from the morning dew and embark on surreal quests. A beautiful void full of living music, where glitter and sparkles cascade in perfect harmony.

[WANK INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>47288097
>tens of thousands of beings on par with Angels
Damn, that's nice. Divine Army-making is a go.

So. Uh. How strong are those Angels? Compared to humans and such? And Throne's the max you can do in one being?
>>
>>47288532
Anon just got home from school and needs to get his daily drama out of the way before mom makes him do his homework.
>>
>>47288448
Dare I ask where you were the last few threads we had that guy screaming "SHE'S SUCKING ATTENTION AWAY FROM ASA HURR DURR"?

Because it's not a boogeyman. It's actually a fucking thing - even if he's just shitposting to try and create factionalism, it's a thing that exists regardless of how much you stick your head in the dirt.
>>
>>47288563
I responded to the people talking about it, pointing out how it's just the anti-red shitposter trying to stir up drama and divisions by pretending to like ASA. I went on to state that by attacking ASA on this premise is just playing in to what he wants, and further opined that calling anyone who ever disagrees with people being hostile to ASA a 'fanboy' will just further cause drama, hostility, and in-fighting, playing into the anti-red shitposter's goals.
>>
>>47288563
Yes, and Sasquatch is totally real as well. Now go take your meds, Jimmy.
>>
>>47288602
MY NAME IS HUGE!
>>
>>47288496
Aight, fair enough - the way you had it worded implied you were using Preserve the Land to stick the actual land itself into a bottle instead of it's actual usage.
>>
File: croisee-03.jpg (96 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
croisee-03.jpg
96 KB, 852x480
>>47287906
Yes and no.
No, because I primarily use Drop-in for most jumps for a few reasons. One is that I enjoy the idea of being an unknown. A strange entity from worlds beyond, exploring for the sake of simple curiosity. The only jumps I can think of off the top of my head that I took another origin in are Ar Tonelico, Okami, and Warframe. Admittedly, those kicked like mules to someone that rarely takes origins, but my companions helped keep me sane. Especially my Starter/Wife.
I honestly would miss my family. That's another reason I take Drop-in so much. I would not be able to handle leaving all those families behind. Part of coping with that is by making a family out of my companions. I can't wait for them to meet each other. Ahhh, the stories I would tell.

Yes, because I've been psionically linked to my starter pokemon for thousands of years, taking evert teamwork and bonding perk possible to tighten our relationship. At this point, we are less a married couple, and more of a singular entity. An extension of each other.
It is difficult to tell where one of us ends, and the other begins. Even without magic mindlink perks, we're just that close.
LoT part one was rather disconcerting, and the only reason I didn't break the Deadlight was because it was a McGuffen telling me to break it.

All in all, it's not that I'd lose myself, and more that I would change.
My Jump self would eventually be a very different person/people than the little weeaboo that landed in Kalos and saved a Shiny Nipon-Steel Honedge from a bunch of birds, and not the least bit because she grew a bunch of magic fluffy tails of mischief.
I'd still be me, though. I'd just be a much more exciting me.

Woah, that was a bit of a rant. Sorry for the wall of text, work is boring today.
>>
>>47288650
Rants are fine. I find it interesting at people's reasoning for why they do things like what the others posted.
>>
>>47288621
Your name is huge? Why is so large?
>>
>>47288594
When she stops trying to be "Better than thou" to be more popular than people who know how to be interesting, maybe she'll stop getting shit for it.
>>
>>47288533
Low-key superhuman. Stronger, faster, better than regular humans, but a trained fireteam can still kill them if they get the initiative.

Throne is just the max you can really mass-produce, sitting at about a hundred of them before trying to make any more means losing literally all of your power.

If you put in more juice, you can build up to Cherubim and Seraphim, but that reaches the point where you're better off saving it for someone you know will make good use of their new body.

There's no actual maximum, it's just a question of how much power you have and how much you're willing to give away. There's nothing stopping you from using all but the barest minimum of your power to make a body on par with the lesser two Heralds, regain your strength for a decade, then do it again.

Keep in mind that even if you don't get The Overlord's Seat/Chosen of Raphael/Demonic Fusion to get that human potential, your power still grows with time and effort, so things are gonna get really stupid eventually.
>>
File: antispiralconfuse.jpg (21 KB, 425x239) Image search: [Google]
antispiralconfuse.jpg
21 KB, 425x239
>>47288532
No, no you're right. It's my fault, sometimes I forget not everyone's read up on Nasu. I genuinely just think of them as very well crafted art pieces, not...well, not what you'd normally use a universe marble for. They're certainly not universes. Reality Marbles are more like magical subspaces where kooky stuff happens.

>[WANK INTENSIFIES]
>Nothingness

Also referred to as "demons". It's a Nasu thing. Bought some A+++ Mystic Eyes with it as an effect.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Elements#Demons

>crystal tesseract

There's a perk in Dissidia that lets you creates crystals from your memories, Hardened Cosmosphere from Ar Tonelico can let you create sentient digital entities, got some Video Conduit genes and a lot of magic powered by your inner being

>twilight desert

There's an enchantment in Dark Cloud 2 that does that, various perks for studying magic like Lore, various perks for developing your own magic like Spellmaker and A Dark Place from Alan Wake lets you unleasha sort of weird dream-realm on a local area

>A beautiful void

Elementalism, yet more magic research perks, some Dark Souls magic, Geneforge's Necromancy and some Soulfire.

I genuinely feel bad you assumed I was wanking all of that. I always try to have a logical explanation for every feat ASA pulls off but I appreciate it can sound like wanking sometimes because I'd rather not get too bogged down in minutiae to make the end effect tedious to read about

>>47288629
It's alright, as I've just realised sometimes I forget people aren't following the same reasoning I am to justify a given thing being possible. I suspect it's become more and more frequent lately because of how long my chain has gone on.

>>47288499
Gotcha, thanks!
>>
File: BPuriRn.jpg (331 KB, 2546x1738) Image search: [Google]
BPuriRn.jpg
331 KB, 2546x1738
>>47288744
Away with you. That was not even the point of his post, you literally have no foundation there to build off of.
>>
File: Mynameishuge.jpg (63 KB, 595x569) Image search: [Google]
Mynameishuge.jpg
63 KB, 595x569
>>47288727
>>
>>47288768
Why do you reply?
>>
>>47288781
It's fucking instinctive of me and I do need to stop because it never. helps.
>>
File: sayaka delivering butthurt.jpg (63 KB, 434x600) Image search: [Google]
sayaka delivering butthurt.jpg
63 KB, 434x600
>>47288768
Ya'know, I see that same pic seemingly every thread.
Can't you have a little more variety, anon?
>>
File: Superman-sad.jpg (23 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
Superman-sad.jpg
23 KB, 400x380
>>47287906
I took the perfect memory perk from Pokémon and then enhanced it over the centuries so I never had the chance to forget about my basic identity. Figure it would be immoral anyway, I intend to come back to my family one day - I wouldn't be much of a hero/force of good if I could never admit to being the person I was before all of this.

The problem is more that I see jumping as a job I have to do for the Benefactor's entertainment and for the salvation of whoever I can help, and that that leads to the mentality that I can't allow myself to have human weaknesses anymore. It's driving me lonely and ressentful underneath the wise mentor facade I try to keep up. And isolated, too, since I feel like I can't have permanent companions without holding them up the same standards, which would be cruel, and that I can't really bother all these sedentary beings I meet across my adventures with my personal problems.

Speaking of which - Ever went to the shrink, Jumpers? What did you tell them?
>>
>>47288795
After two years, I don't think anything we do will get him to stop. Even if a meteor landed on his home he'd just haunt the Internet as a quasi-demonic spirit of hatred and vitriol.
>>
>>47288754
Awesome. That's going to be really damn useful. I still need to grab the souls from somewhere else, right?

...Wait, Chosen of Raphael gives human potential too?
>>
>>47288876
No? Remember, multiversial adventures? That's enough in most worlds/jumps to get you sent to the madhouse.
>>
>>47288754
How fast is the growth for Heralds without The Overlord's Seat? How about with the Seat? And how would having Chosen of Raphael or Demonic Fusion interact with being a Demon? Especially as a Tribrid with Herald mixed in?
>>
File: Butthurt-o-meter CRITICAL.gif (11 KB, 304x161) Image search: [Google]
Butthurt-o-meter CRITICAL.gif
11 KB, 304x161
>>47288768
>>47288866
And here's another one, too.
>>
>>47288876
>Ever went to the shrink, Jumpers?
I tried it, once. He didn't believe me, so I turned him into a frog.
>>
File: ZPLrh2Z.jpg (468 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ZPLrh2Z.jpg
468 KB, 1000x1000
>>47288876
>Ever went to the shrink
They quit the same day. I think I drove them to drinking.

>>47288866
None of 'em seem to fit. I mean I could try?

Do you want more pic related, or the one with baby elephants?
>>
>>47288876
>Ever went to the shrink, Jumpers?

No because I'm not an American or a teenage girl.

Well I try not to be anyway. When I can help it.
>>
>>47288976
I'd go with the baby elephants, just because baby elephants are cute and I fucking swear posting cute things is the best way to calm jumpchain down sometimes. Like, cute cute. Not sexy cute.

>>47289008
>American

I have met very feel bonafide Americans in my life but I am given to understand the healthcare system there is shit so-why Americans?
>>
if i had the dog talisman could i survive a omega beam from darkseid
>>
>>47289058
The talisman can be destroyed.
>>
>>47289008
So are you a flat earther, or the kind of person who thinks you should "just walk off" a broken leg?
>>
>>47289026
>I have met very feel bonafide Americans in my life but I am given to understand the healthcare system there is shit so-why Americans?
He's trying to be an internet tough guy by implying only a spoiled burger would ever need to see one.
>>
>>47289066
eat it
>>
>>47289075
He can rip open your stomach you know.
>>
>>47289058
Depends on what he wants to do to you with the Omega Beam. Those things are very versatile. Like, if he was just trying to atomize you, then sure. But if he was turning you into a walking abomination against life that bleeds entropy, then maybe you might want to dodge instead.
>>
>>47287906
Closest I ever got to this is whenI took the drawback in Negima that locked all of my non-background memories. Combined with choosing Drop-In, and I knew exactly nothing about myself other than having this weird wind-up robot as a roommate/valet.

Stuff happened. It had varying levels of awesome and suck. I don't recommend giving up memories and haven't done so since.
>>
>>47289026
The US just has more of a culture of going to see therapists than Europe does on the whole. They also like suing people.

>>47289072
Psychiatry isn't exactly perfect for humans, for jumpers it'd probably be barely applicable in most cases.

A jumper with psychiatric problems is like a xenomorph with a broken leg. May actually be a better idea to try and deal with it yourself than than going to a shrink/hospital in either case as the shrink/hospital probably can't help you and everyone is just going to end up horrified.

Also that's one of the stupider false dilemmas I've seen.
>>
>>47289156
Yeah, but "I'm not an American or a teenage girl" is awfully different than "I'm a multiversal entity older than your country."
>>
>>47288898
Yeah. Keep in mind that they're the ones in control, so you might want to make sure they're people who already were going to fight for you.

It makes it so you have a human soul somewhere in the angelic clusterfuck your existence has become, so yeah.

>>47288905
Fast enough that you'll notice you're getting stronger, but not fast enough you can really make use of it (without laming it out with one of the jumps that have indefinite time limits) before the chain ends.

>A Mou-Ryo with Dormant Power would take about 30-40 years to reach their cap. That's about enough to fight Arioch equally, and be a key member in killing Astaroth or Surt with like-minded individuals. Those are the big dick OGs. If you want something more concrete for post-jump purposes, I have stated previously that a normal human with just a maxed out Dormant Power could survive a fist fight with comic book Aquaman, and possibly win if they actually had a way of hurting him.
>That same Mou-Ryo with The Overlord's Seat active would take closer to 300-400 years to see that type of growth.
>Anon, I used the Mou-Ryo race as an example because they're weak as shit. Any demon with The Overlord's Seat or Demonic Fusion will have the same sped up growth rate. It's just that a stronger demon will start developing from a higher point.
>Your growth doesn't scale to your initial strength, so about powerful enough to curbstomp Arioch since you'll be 1.8 times stronger than you started. <talking about how strong a Herald would be after those 300-400 years with human potential

For CoR, you're a human reborn, as the Perk itself states. For DF, you're the demon but became the dominant/remaining personality. For CoR, Vishnu and Thor are squarely on the side of Law, so it's not like there's some big imperative that you be an angel to be allowed to roll with them.
>>
>>47289176
Welcome to 4chan where people are glib and insult one another's nationalities.
>>
>>47288051
I usually tend to make devices that are immediately useful or completely useless, depending on the free time to danger ratio of the current Jump. The device I'm currently the most proud terrified of came about due to a combination of those two desires. I initially designed it to house FF8 Guardian Forces, but after the death of a number of my Companions, I'm going to use to for something a whooooole lot darker.

I still haven't thought of a good name for it yet, but I have built two copies.
+ Took apart the P.A.K. from Invader Zim Jump with lots of help from Tak of the same.
+ Combined the Personality/Memory Upload-Download abilities of it with Brain Bio-Chips from GUNNM to create an artificial "mind" for the P.A.K. to access.
+ Rerouted the Upload-Download abilities through a switch that would allow it to function like normal, only Upload, or only Download.

Originally the device was the length of an entire arm and then some, because it had to also house two other devices that allowed it to channel the magic from the Guardian Forces. But without those I have shrunk it down to something the size of a wide armband. About six inches long. Once clasped onto an arm it can operate as a secondary brain, reverting any personality or memory damage to the wearer,

I'm planning to use it in Download Only mode with copies of my Companion's memories already written into the device to bring them back to life. The circumstances of their deaths did not allow normal Resurrection. This is all theory though. I have no idea if it'll even work.... yet. Hellsing has a number of very bad people who would make very nice hosts.
>>
>>47289206
>It makes it so you have a human soul somewhere in the angelic clusterfuck your existence has become, so yeah.
That actually makes sense, yeah... Guess I don't need the The Overlord's Seat then. Hm. 200cp suddenly free...
>>
Hey, if Neverwinter Nights anon is here, I've got a question about Guts. When it says you can perform superhuman feats, does it mean Tome of Battle or more along the lines of surviving falling from space or being covered in lava?
>>
>>47289228
Sounds like good mad science.

>spoiler
Perhaps a jump where you can get cloning tech would work for the host bodies too? Would allow for more customization of them.
>>
>>47289291
Not him, but I'm gonna guess it's more ToB stuff. Through swimming in lava is only 20d6 of damage per round. You could get good enough to do that for a few rounds.
>>
>>47289397
The really impressive part of that is managing to sink into the lava. Stone is a lot more dense than human flesh.
>>
>>47289422
Eh, jump in hard enough and it'll work. Also, at high level, a d&d fighter is a lot tougher than stone. Maybe they get denser as well?
>>
>>47289453
My party's fighter is pretty dense, alright...
>>
I have some questions about the magic system in Overlord:
1. If you don't buy the Dark Wisdom perk are you limited to only knowing 300 spells?
2. Are you able to create your own custom spells in-setting? What about for Over-rank Magic?
3. Are you able to teach people out-of-setting magic post-jump?
>>
>>47288051
Essentially, I created a nanomachine armor suit that is very similiar to the Reach Scarabs except this here is an unholy amalgum of Biology,Technology, and Magic. This was a combined effort of me and my companions utlizing almost the entire Tinker skill tree from Worm and Starro tech notes, in order to create a extremely versatile suit that regenerates and responds to harm and evolves to mitigate damage to its wearer. While it took a long time to fully create, its scanners utilize a tattletale like ability and it can basically utilize things like GBE's and reflect them, emit really powerful shields similair to AT fields and a great deal of magic. It regenerates and propogates similiar to a Symbiote, so its mass produceable. Their design matches the wearers needs, to reflect their style, I outfit all my companions with these "Kamen Suits".
>>
Will Minecraft be getting an update?

Apparently update 1.9 came out, with a ton of new content
>>
>>47289692
They drove him off ages ago.
>>
>>47289692
No. Minecraftanon's been gone a long time-

>>47289701
-okay, you? You need a chill pill and maybe some ex-lax for that butthurt. Nobody "drove" Minecraftanon off, he just stopped showing up. There wasn't any big fight or drama, believe it or not sometimes people just slip away quietly from jumpchain.
>>
>>47289692
The MCAnon's gone, babe.
>>
>>47289701
Dude, he just got bored and left.
>>
File: 1457561208957.gif (895 KB, 460x327) Image search: [Google]
1457561208957.gif
895 KB, 460x327
>>47289351
You're probably right, but I've no guarantee I'll end up in a Jump that'll give me access to those kinda of Perks. I'm pretty much operating at the whims of the Jump Coordinator. He/She/It's been a BITCH lately. Yeah, that's right, I said it! Ow. What tha... Ow! OW! ... Anywho, I'm rather limited in my options at this point, and my device is the best I could do on short notice with nothing but a copy of their Personality/Memories.

A /few/ of my Companions might not might Cyborg bodies, but I'm short on materials and I don't really want to find out who will accept that kind of radical body switch and who won't on a crap-shoot. Even if I can just reset them over and over again until I get it right.
>>
So, what jumps are being worked on right now? I can never keep track.
>>
File: 1460788724421.jpg (18 KB, 236x472) Image search: [Google]
1460788724421.jpg
18 KB, 236x472
>>
File: 1460792066330.jpg (695 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1460792066330.jpg
695 KB, 2560x1600
>>47290373
Jumper spider...
>>
>>47288051
well I kind of gave up on the coat thing once I merged with it, now my major project is my clark-tech MMORPG loosely based on both the worlds I've visited, the works of the remotely scanned life model decoy brain tapes running on emulated virtual machines of every great creative mind known in nearly every jump I've been in thanks to the Phoenix gate so that I didn't actually disturb anything I can travel to anywhere or anyone as long as I don't upset stuff. It's loosely based on oasis from ready player one only much much bigger ,varied, open to modification and deep. Mother box says it's mathematically balanced but a peak human intellect, lifetime of devotion and eidetic memory is required to scratch the surface of understanding all the systems, subsystems and synergies involved in it.
Of course that's in the crossover areas, the genre and specific novel /era /Game areas are much simpler to understand being limited to the general feel of that sort of game/genre of fiction/ time period. For example if you went to the borderlands area you would be given the opportunity to step into the shoes of your favorite vault Hunter, only this time you're limited by what you can think of and the NPC's are fully sapient AI who can and will do everything that you would reasonably expect that person to do,well at least the ones you're not supposed to kill. an actual living Pandora and Elpis for you and several others to explore, instanced so that you won't run into a bunch of the same vault Hunter since that would go against the story. Here as in every other specific game/era/novel area you can earn items,abilities and equipment to bring into the crossover areas. Playing this game is a good deal like being a jumper only with grinding and exploration instead of CP. Also you have to start fresh in each specific area to gain stuff for the crossover areas unless you choose to go to a "unlimited world"where case you can use crossover abilities but will not gain anything.
>>
>>47290373
>>47290396
Oh yeah, I have a bunch of GIFTS eggs lying around. I should hand those out on Christmas.
>>
>>47290428
Hell yeah, motherfucker.
>>
>>47289701
>>47289724
>>47289741
So he's gone, no chance of an update? Or is it in cryo until he comes back?

>>47290342
40k Eldar, Black Crusade, Ork (maybe), NERF, and Shadow Warrior, off the top of my head.
>>
>>47290373
>>47290396
And this is why the Archaos are the best civ in the Fall From Heaven jump. The Ur-Spider Mother is such a sweetheart, she's my favorite companion.
>>
>>47290342
Red's updating Warframe for Second Dream. Looks alright.
Also, technically everything in the WIP folder on the G-drive.
>>
Hey YJanon. Does the X-ray vision you can get from Super Senses work like comic book style seeing through solid objects or is it looking at everything as if they were actually being x-rayed?

Also, just what counts as an ability Amazo Backup Memory can work on? Would Pokémon moves count? Dragon fire breath? Other supernatural abilities that are 'natural' for that species? Mass Effect Biotics?
>>
>>47290454
>literally "Doviello, but with spiders instead of wolves": the civ
>>
>>47290633
Exactly. Spiders are a billion times better than wolves.
>>
>>47290342
I'm working on Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magicka Obscura.. albeit slowly.
>>
>>47290853
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? jump?
>>
A question for people who might know--the scenario in the Atelier Arland jump, does it cost points, or does it give points? I didn't see plus or minus next to the CP amount.
>>
>>47288057
1. Yes. Random references are random.

2. No; "Jump SOL" still mandates a destination where "No major things will happen" - you'd at most get a SoL variant of RL.

3. No; powers are only locked "for now" at the start of the jump, return at the end, and do not get re-locked if you come back (unless of course you want to claim that only the "GO HOME" ending explicitly gives you your powers back... but that would be a dick move that turns SoL into a trap jump, so no).
>>
>>47291037
It gives that amount of CP, as technically failing any part of it will result in Jump Fail.
>>
>>47291089
Not that anon, but further questions: Is it locked into being a slice of life world? I figure it would be during the jump for sure, but post-jump using the vacation option where you have your powers there's a real chance you might influence it to be a bit more exciting. Not even intentionally, just as a consequence of what you are, if you've got the right/wrong (depending on how you look at it) perks. So is the status of the world protected?
>>
>>47291109
Ah, thanks!
>>
Answering an anon from earlier, the Will of the Galaxy is this weird, vaguely sentient force responsible for Immortals. Short version is that the Galaxy's solution to too many humans is zombies and vampires.

That said, Django, who has zero metaphysical ability, has no trouble dealing with the linchpins of this process so this doesn't mean much to a Jumper. Unless you REALLY need that many points...
>>
>>47289595
IMHO: 1. 300 spells within the system. 2. Yes and yes, but note that learning magic can take years in this system. 3. Dunno.
>>
PROGRESS REPORT!

WIP 5 is done, and unless anyone wants stand-alone Shuriken Pistol purchases and such (which I hear some people do) things should be ready for PDF.
http://pastebin.com/q3gM6pL5

Notable changes:

>Remember that suggestion to move Civilian stuff to general perks? I did that, but I don't remember if I posted WIP 4 to thread.
>More toys, mostly for Harlequins.
>Not sure what else - was Tall and Narrow Gate there the last time I posted a WIP?
>>
>>47291295
Coolio.
Yes... Clown powers...
>>
>>47291151
I'd fanwank it's semi-protected; that the world's metaphysics tends to arrange things so that people get the SoL experience. So as a visitor, the Jumper could derail it, but unless you had the perks to FUBAR a world's genre/narrative the place would (sooner or later) go back to being a SoL. Assuming events didn't occur that "coincidentally" distracted you from your plan to FUBAR it...

A SoL!Earth would be kind of surreal, come to think of it.
>>
>>47291295
>Want to be a Clown because Harlequins are Best Eldar
>Don't like the powers
I don't know what to do!
>>
>>47291460
>>47291534
I didn't figure anyone here would be down with the clown.
>>
>>47291295
How powerful would Eldar Warlocks/Farseers be compared to mon'keigh alpha psykers?
>>
File: destroy.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
destroy.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>47291550
Well obviously.

DESTROY US ALL
>>
>>47291550
Harlequins are the best Eldar. Or at least the most fun.

But the powers aren't really calling to me, hence my indecision.
>>
>>47291580
>>47291550
Hmm warrior clown or powerful psyker, it is a surprisingly hard choice.
>>
>>47291534
Become the JUSTICE that is irony.
Take the powers.
Use them to make people experience unusual yet oddly fitting misfortune.
It's not coincidence. It's JUSTICE.
>>
What are the best perks for increasing the rate at which your magical energy regenerates?
>>
>>47291513
It could be argued that the SoL metaphysics are targeting the Jumper, rather than the rest of the world. So if you took SoL!MassEffect, the Reapers would still be out there, but things would somehow work out in a way that any of the crazy mass death and destruction occurs far away from the Jumper, if it happens at all.

>Yeah, I'm here on The Citadel - the view is just incredible.
>Reapers? Nah, apparently just as they were about to invade, through a weird series of coincidences some guy named Kirk fell out of a wormhole and talked them all into a logic loop.
>>
>>47291672
Well, looks like the Asari numbers will double overnight.
>>
>>47291650
If an increased mana pool that refills at proportionally the same rate as a smaller one counts then there is a perk for that in overlord.
>>
>>47291580
I've got a running theme of pranks and teamwork.
And pranks accomplished through teamwork.
So it's sooooo perfect for me.
It's fun how distracting a jumper can be.
It's fun how destructive distraction can be.
It's fun how disconcerting destructive distractions are.
>>
>>47291295
Would it be possible to change history and help the Emperor in the 800cp drawback? I know he seeks to capture me, but would he be grateful enough to leave me alone/help me if I aid him with Horus?
>>
>>47291879
Emps doesn't understand gratitude.
>>
>>47291879
In the interests of avoiding either spoilers or arguments about whether or not Drawbacks can be easily mitigated, I will just say this:

Good luck.

>>47291569
Wanna know something funny? I don't actually know.
>>
Do you prefer to maintain a solid or a gelatinous form?

Trying to decide whether to go Mankey or Goomy in Mystery Dungeon
>>
Can you steal the Blade of Olympus in God of War?
>>
>>47291569
>>47291911
Well the likes of The Dick are one place down from Magnus the Red in the psyker hierarchy, but he is a farseer that has been around since before the fall.
>>
>>47291963
Don't see why you couldn't.
>>
>>47291952
Mostly solid, but if you were to cut me open you'd see that it's all one amorphous mass in there. I'm more like a highly-viscous gel that's poured itself into a skin suit than real flesh.
>>
>>47291952
does being a Viscoelastic non-newtonian fluid count as being gelatinous? If so I prefer being gelatinous.
>>
>>47291952
If I have to choose, I would prefer gelatinous.
Though, I'm normally solid, for simplicity's sake. I also have gas and waveform as options.
>>
Overlord questions, does the nullification of damage as a Level 100 her even more "Hahaha no" if I take Realm of Heroes? Also, exactly how big of a physical boost is Physical Powerhouse for True Vampirea and Dragonoids? Do we go from ten times to twenty times? Finally, how would Nazarick/Ainz react to a Realm of Heroes Level 100 local? With and without the Friends with the Devil perk?
>>
>>47292024
Was concerned that it would have been ruled too OP and banned or something.
>>
>>47292010
Eldrad is fairly useless as a point of comparison unless you have disgusting amounts of growth perks.
>>
File: kotaku slowpoke samus.jpg (84 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kotaku slowpoke samus.jpg
84 KB, 400x400
>>47292029
>>47292032
>>47292059
>when you realize that jumpers are eldrich horrors
>>
>>47292114
It's a Red jump, what the fuck do you think. Of course it is.
>>
>>47291911
>I'm going to have Eldrad and Tzeentch after me
>Not because I think it will make one drawback or the other easier
>But just because it'll piss off Eldrad

>>47291952
Solid. It's hard to punch things when gelatinous. Not impossible, just hard.

>>47292099
Presumably.
No idea.
See Above
Ainz would treat you as a useful tool, or an obstacle. It depends on how you meet.
With the perk you're obviously useful to his goals.
>>
>>47292127
That Slowpoke is very appropriate.
>>
>>47292128
And so it is

That salt seeketh... umm... shit I was going somewhere with this Dark Souls analogy.
>>
>>47292129
>It's hard to punch things when gelatinous
Odd, I find it rather squishy.
>>
>>47292156
Anon, don't reply to him.
>>
>>47292163
Really anon? Man, I'm jellyaous.
>>
File: Westwood_Slowpoke_Amnesia.png (1 MB, 1174x881) Image search: [Google]
Westwood_Slowpoke_Amnesia.png
1 MB, 1174x881
>>47292150
???
>>
>>47292114
Well it's a Red jump, so hope she doesn't reply. Otherwise she'll nerf you into the ground to spite you.
>>
>>47292182
Oi! Stop it. We've been doing puns pretty consistently, it's time we break the mold.
>>
>>47292163
Fuck, that was good. And a good pun escapes me at the moment.
>>
>>47292221
Oh, I'm sorry anon. In that case, I'll just be gooing.
>>
>>47292237
Sigh, these pun chains always gunk up the threads.
>>
>>47292182
Gel out man.
It would do to have any hard feeling over this.
I've got a soft spot for you.
I'd like to hire you as a jiggle-o.
>>
>>47292270
Look, anon, I respect your opinion, but puns are my jam!
>>47292282
Oh anon, you big softy.
>>
>>47292313
Spreading it on a bit thick, aren't you? Keep it up and you're likely get shot.
>>
>tfw you realize that all jumpers are horrible pun monsters.

I'm quake'n in my boots.
It's goo-d thing I'm safe.
I'd be a shaky comedian.
>>
>>47292372
They must have all taken that perk in FF6.
>>
>>47287906
Well let's see. Starting off I was a particularly lucid patch of fungus with a respawning Boil of Mindworms at my command and some interesting ideas for DNA splices. Then second jump I was on Black Blood and third jump I was amnesiac and having to control the Blood all over again while my body twisted itself to better survive in a cyberpunk wasteland as a bag of meat. So yeah, my actual experience scale is fairly different, though despite that a lot of my basic outlook remains in the bits not exaggerated by Madness. Have bits been torn down or repurposed, yes, but a lot of it's generally still recognizable. Admittedly I cheat with telepathy to hide some of my issues with being terrible at reading people or similar, but it's so much easier than learning the hard way.
>>
>>47292360
That butter be just you having pun, anon, or else you'll be be a gooner!
>>47292384
That jump doesn't actually exist, it's just a figment of your imagination, a fantasy if you will.
>>
>>47292372
Is there anyone who didn't take that perk? Or a sound-track perk or two?
>>
Are there any good perks that allow you to extend single use items or abilities?
>>
>>47292384
I only took it because my build had wiggle room. Now I'm dripping with humor.
>>
>>47291295
Looks great. Could we get the Black Library as our free pick of craftworld?

One tiny request: Please when putting it in the PDF, rearrange the perk trees to go how the backgrounds are listed. (Warrior->Seer->Outsider, etc.)

This is bothering me more than it should.
>>
>>47291963
>>47292114
Look, you do whatever you want, man.

Anything I say is just going to get shat on like it has been for the past few days, so quite frankly you do whatever. It's not my call to make anymore and the jump doesn't say anything for or against, so it's your chain.
>>
>>47292446
It's one guy, Red. The more you let him get to you the more he does it. Ignore him, speak your mind as you will. Make him impotent.
>>
>>47291569
From what I have read an Eldar farseer has the potential for psychic might that would make any human psyker other than Magnus and Emps look like a helpless child, that said they are severely limited due to the threat posed to them from Slaanesh. This is one of the main reasons that older Eldar are better psykers, they have more experience protecting their minds/souls and can therefore use more power with out risking themselves.
>>
>>47292446
Red, seriously, stop getting so down on yourself, it's just one really bored guy screwing with you. You're great.
>>
>>47292446
What this >>47292462 Anon said. Just ignore the ball of mindless hate Red.
>>
>>47292462
There you go again with the "it's just one guy" boogeyman. You ever think that maybe multiple people share an opinion, fanboy?
>>
>>47292446
Do not let the hate filled internet get to you Red. I can only speak for myself, but I like seeing you around and posting.
>>
And now the defenders come out of the woodwork.
>>
>>47292439
Do you really think he's gonna let us get the repository of ALL KNOWLEDGE IN THE UNIVERSE for free?
>>
File: 5bf6745904fni.gif (54 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
5bf6745904fni.gif
54 KB, 625x626
>>
>>47292501
At this point I think he actually masturbates to being an asshole. Every time he whines in the thread, his cheeto-encruseted fingers creep towards his unwashed underwear, the words on the dim screen awakening a primal urge in him.
>>
>>47292548
You know, anyone could get to it if they just get a library card. You can even register for one on their web way site.
>>
>>47292528
seconded
>>47292541
Wow, 'defenders' because they don't like seeing a great jumpmaker get shit on. ok, yeah, I guess I am.
>>
>>47292446

I honestly don't think he gives a shit about you. He's probably just a devoted hobbyist shitposter like Builds-kun.
>>
>>47292580
Cegorach please go.
>>
>>47292575
I did NOT need that mental image, fuck you and fuck the mind in that skull of yours.
>>
>>47292584
Don't reply to him.
>>
>>47292584
Stop replying.
Holy shit, you guys are dumb.
>>
>>47292548
I would point out that there are lots of ways to get it anyways, but I can see your point. That would be a lot to just graft onto the Warehouse without some kind of effort involved.
>>
>>47292591
>Builds-kun

Who?
>>
>>47292595
Cegorach is the best god in the setting. Bar None.
>>
>>47292580
I will have make sure to remember my library card, just finding the place will be pretty easy with my perks.
>>
>>47292575
That made me laugh way more than it should have. Thanks.

What kind of music do you think he listens to? I like to think it's Dove's Cry by Prince.
>>
>>47292615
He's talking about the guy that posts wrong builds to unposted, random CYOA in this thread and the general and doesn't reply to anyone.
>>
>>47292548
It said any craftworld
There should be a ruling in the notes, otherwise someone's going to go for it
>>
>>47292634
Coldplay and Limp Bizkit.
>>
>>47292623
It's not much of a competition.
>>
>>47292541
With any luck their waifu will get driven off and we can avoid dealing with her bullshit encouraging them. It pisses me off how quickly people fall for her wounded deer act.
>>
>>47292623
Isha is better.
>>
>>47292663
If that's your perogative.

Y O U D I R T Y J U M P K I L L E R
>>
>>47292656
True
Chaos is right out
Emps "Isn't a God"
Isha got captured
Khaine isn't very bright, and he gets his ass beat too often
Gork n' Mork are contenders though.

>>47292687
She's in Nurgle's Rape Dungeon and depending on interpretation may actually love him back.
>>
File: 2f9.png (207 KB, 600x635) Image search: [Google]
2f9.png
207 KB, 600x635
>>47292663
I really need to get more bait images.
>>
>>47292705
>Khaine

Well that's what happens when Khorne gets so mad he picks you up and beats Slaanesh with you so hard that you break into hundreds of pieces.
>>
>>47292698
Don't reply.

>>47292705
She's in Nurgle's rape dungeon, but she's also whispering the cures to all his plagues to mortals of any race. She's helping people as best she can.
>>
>>47292698
Stop. Replying. To. Him.
>>
>>47292663
Any attempt to drive off any jump maker who isn't trying to post something MGE related will always result in the same response,

Fuck off
>>
>>47292738
See >>47292729

Why don't you understand? Your outrage powers him. Only not giving attention gets him to leave.
>>
Fuck's sake guys, the neckbeard is getting off to your enraged posts.

There is a reason for the internet-wide "don't feed the troll." And you are throwing bread crumbs at his greasy, acne-covered face.
>>
>>47292729
>>47292735
You don't get how he works. He's not looking for attention. This is an openly expressed vendetta, and he won't stop until EVERYONE is gone.

All ignoring him does is give him silent approval.
>>
>>47292762
He's been here two years. He has periods where he's around a lot, and periods where we don't see him. In the past, every single time he was driven off, it was because we got you idiots to STOP REPLYING, and he got bored and left. The reason he won't fucking leave NOW is because you stubbornly refuse to listen to us. This isn't new. The older jumpers here know how this works. You do not reply.
>>
>>47292762
No i'm pretty sure he is just an asshole, ignore him long enough and he will go away.
>>
>>47291650
A while back marvel oked the combination [the mana pool you get from picking magic as the source of the energy perk]+regeneration+speed to regen magic at a speed comparable to high end wolverine health regen. He said he thought it was a cheesy combo, though.
>>
>>47292636
You mean Nascent AI-kun?
>>
>>47292762
And telling him off does, what, exactly?
Cause a huge ugly mess that makes his hateboner grow like it's on SnK titan juice.
The worst he can do with your so called "approval" is smear shit doodles in the corner, like that special kid in kindergarten that you know is never going to graduate.
>>
>>47292864
That's what this thread calls him, unfortunately.
>>
>>47292521
Nope. Shut up, Puritan-anon.
>>
This is where the saltposters get things going and the shitposters (who unintentionally turn into such monsters) naturally shitpost around it.

Then everyone else reflects on why this happens, and tell shitposters to stop shitposting, which is an impossible task as it goes against their very nature.

Eventually it will die down, or it will continue until the thread 404s, from where we will start anew.
>>
>>47292888
Beautiful - just like a nature documentary.
>>
>>47292888
Nice trips.
>>47292869
Hehe, poop!
>>
>>47292911
And now I wish I had those Steve Irwin Fantasy Races Documentary screencaps.
But I switched computers.
>>
>>47292936
>I'm gonna touch it!
>>
>>47292888
Ah yes the glorious cycle of 4Chan is as prevalent as ever on these threads.
>>
>>47292936
The only one I know of is the one with the dragon where she starts liking it.
>>
>>47292936
>And here we have the wild Vampire, in her natural habitat. Crikey, look at those fangs!
>>
>>47292973
There's a few: dragon, elf, dwarf, orc, and one other I think.
>>
>>47292936
That snake has enough venom to kill twelve grown men, watch closely as I shove my thumb up it's butthole.
>>
>>47292973
The first one in the series was him tweaking an elf's ears.

It ends about on the note you think it would.

The last one in the series features Jackie Chan. protecting a baby. and using a ladder to fight off a group of drow.
>>
>>47291295
>800 CP drawback
>drawback
Ha ha! Time to make Brighthammer!
>>
>>47292996
Last one is an Epilogue where they all show up.

>>47293008
The man was a national treasure. And his daughter takes after him.
>>
>>47293015
>making Brighthammer
>when you have to survive 10,000 years to get your out-of-jump powers back

This Drawback is a trap.
>>
>>47293015
>Stealing my Goal
DAMN YOU ANON
That's some damn fine work! Let's Ungrimdark 40k!
>>
>>47293037
And THAT is why I'm not taking the drawback. I'm waiting until my Final Jump and Post-Jump for >>47293038
>>
A question about SMT, can the Overlord's Seat push you to roughly Dormant Power levels of growth if you push yourself hard enough?
>>
>>47292911
I'm reminded more of romcoms. I've watched enough with the gf that you can practically tick the checkboxes of the plot as they go by.
>>
File: Eldar Jump.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Eldar Jump.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Barring any unfortunate accidents, this should be the correct file.

Please let this be the right file.
>>
>>47293037
>needing your powers to survive
Maybe you should spend a couple of points on useful skills once in a while. It'll do you good.
>>
>>47293150
In any normal situation I would agree with you entirely.

But this is 40K we're talking about here.
>>
>>47293133
It would be funny if it was instead the fap-fic you were writing.
>>
>>47293181
>writing fap-fic

Now why in the world would I do that?

No, seriously, why? I am not a very good writer.
>>
>>47293150
In 40K we have bunch of jumpers trying to figure out how to kill Orikan empowered by supreme warp fuckery because the idea of going into that universe without powers is a nonstarter.
>>
>>47293200
link it, wakfu
>>
>>47293181
Don't Eldar in general already count as that?
I mean, they're sexy elves in space that summoned the god...goddess...Thing of ecstasy from their constant fapping.
>>
>>47293200
Why wouldn't you?
Seriously, that's my reasoning behind the post. I don't know you very well, so I just guess...
>>
>>47293231
Don't ignore the fact that there's an awful lot of Jumpers who try to beat it without touching the Deadlight.
>>
Would 'The Idiot Magician is Your Friend' in Bartimaeus prevent you from using a spirit's natural shape shifting abilities?
>>
File: OH MY GOD.gif (3 MB, 498x280) Image search: [Google]
OH MY GOD.gif
3 MB, 498x280
>>47293255
>>
>>47293271
Yes but they probably died, lets be realistic it is 40K and they went in without powers. also a lot of the cool stuff requires fights that you are not ready for without powers.
>>
>>47293092
If you're asking if your TOS growth rate can equal Dormant Power's: Not unless you spend an entire decade fighting people several times stronger than you to the death in fair one-on-one brawls.

If you're asking if your TOS total growth can equal Dormant Power's: Yes.

If you're asking something else: elaborate, as I don't understand your question.
>>
>>47293316
Sufficient skill could be a substitute for power. Plus, your companions retain their power.
>>
>>47293316
That's what the Tomb Spyder or the Farseer or the Techpriest or the Mekboy or the Space Marine are for.

Also that's what the ship upgrades are for.

And the literal armies you command, including allied tribes in Part 1.

And the in-jump Psyker purposes.

And the Squats.
>>
>>47293271
Please don't remind me.

>>47293316
Most things that require fights don't require you to be right there in the thick of it actually. A Good number of the fights allow you to work with others backing you up, or give you a vehicle of some sort. I'd argue that not-breaking the deadlight is an easier experience than breaking it is. More terrifying experience, but easier.

But then I'm an asshole

>>47293342
No, they very specifically do not. Only companions purchased in LoT keep their powers. Like the Eldar.
>>
>>47293316
Wank your setting harder. Maybe you'll birth a Chaos God of your own.
>>
>>47293231
>>47293271
Ha ha ha ha ha!
I totally skipped that DLC!
Harems don't appeal to me, and Orokan would kick my non-superpowered ass so hard, my head would fly off and land straight on his shelf. And I'm actually quite confident in my Jump self's ability to survive the main story after at least a thousand years of adventuring.
That shit.
That shits a whole pile of nope.
Even including my inside knowledge of mandrakes.
Or maybe because of it.
Nope.
It's not even a competition.
Human dies.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
>>
>>47293407
Harem? The only harem option was DLC1, and Orokan was in Part 3, not one of the DLC.
>>
>>47293321
After the decade, how long do you have till your growth rate goes back down? And how long would it take if you just fought seriously against people roughly as powerful as you (but not always to the death)?
>>
Okay, update on Ravnica. Creative juices are finally actually moving again. Have general layout done, but will be awhile for actual perk descriptions and land effects. I'd post a WIP but at this point it's mostly a jumble of not so whitty names with only a few perks having text, and 10 of those being old legacy stuff I really need to clean up so they're no longer Mib style.

Of course knowing my luck posting this will probably mean something happens to delay it further. My sincerest apologies for taking years to get to this point. Life's been interesting and a lot of my Jumpchain time has been getting diverted into managing other things, like keeping abreast of what certain people on another thread are doing and avoiding it exploding catastrophically too often.

On a side note some guy on SB is doing a jump for something called Ib. Haven't looked through it myself but it's from one of the bystanders so I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>People talking 40k and not actually doing a build for the new 40k jump
>>
>>47293407
>>47293431
Ah yes the chaos harem, if you ever want to know what a several violently atheist yandere psycho bitches look like all you need do is head to DLC1 after breaking the deadlight.
>>
>>47293431
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
You're right! I got names mixed up!
I may be inebriated!
I should go to bed!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
>>
>>47293485
I can't decide between Harlequin and Seer. It's a tough choice.
>>
>>47293482
Down with Izmit
>>
>>47290496
>Super Senses
It's mostly the first, but you can do the second as well by dialing it back a bit.

>Pokémon moves
I'm going to give that a tentative yes, because Pokémon moves are mostly biological in nature, but some moves/types (Ghost and Fairy, mostly) seem to be more ambiguous in nature. Legendary only moves such as Roar of Time are also iffy.

>Dragon breath
As long as it's not magical fire, it should be fine.

>Other supernatural abilities
Depends on their nature and whether or not it's actual magic.

>Mass Effect
I don't know enough about that to rule for sure, but it's probably fine.
>>
>>47293482
>Ravnica
Boros. Boros. Boros!
>>
>>47293133
Is warrior intended to lack a 600? I mean with all the disciplines I could see skipping a capstone, but seems a bit odd. The others without one at least have multiple 400s to make up for it
>>
>>47293321
By the way, why did you raise the price of Dormant Power back to 600 cp?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.