[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kingdom Death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: KD.jpg (98 KB, 639x496) Image search: [Google]
KD.jpg
98 KB, 639x496
So with Dark Souls board game KS finished, me and my mates were looking at kingdom death. We found a bunch of pdfs for playing. Do any 3d model files exist online? I was searching through old threads but couldn't find anything.

Baring that. KD General?
>>
I´m Still waiting the scans. I can post what i have with me
>>
>>47287234
That would be awesome!
>>
These threads go nowhere now because it's just a bunch of peruvian poorfags asking for scans.
>>
>>47289010
>Attack people for being Dark Souls saying they should just pay Kingdom Death
>Attack people who ask for a way to play Kingdom Death when it's out of print and only being sold at scalpers prices
And the most obnoxious fanbase award goes to...
>>
>>47289369
>Miss the boat.
>Expect people to pander to you.
kek
>>
There was an anon working on a TTS mod some time ago.

If you need me, I'll be assembling my Flower Knight. My world is glue and tiny little bits. actually, flower doesn't look that bad.
>>
>>47289497
Ok enjoy your dead game
>>
>>47290202
>Implying 4chan is the only place to talk about a game.
>Implying the people here aren't just ghetto dwelling peruvians who want a free copy because they feel entitled.
>Implying I don't play and actively discuss the game with not only my own group but others too.
>Implying this thread was active before I posted.
kek
>>
Kingdom Death is the epitome of
"Fuck You for not having money."
As soon as they produce enough for their kickstarter they just fuck off production and leave behind a shitty little group of people making fun of everyone else for not playing Kingdom Death, despite it being literally impossible to get.
>>
>>47290251
Well they had plenty post KS too and they were around for literally ever but peruvians like yourself whined about the cost.

Now it's gone and you're whining that you can't get it when you never would have bought it with your bean shaped taco dollars to begin with.
>>
>>47290251
Are expensive cars the epitome of fuck you for not having money?

It's a niche product in a niche market.
If you can't afford expensive toys that's really to bad.
>>
There are recasters out there. That's where I got my ammo slave
>>
>>47290251
There were a few THOUSAND extra copies. Not a ton for a full-run game, but for something with the niche market and high buy-in of KDM it wasn't exactly a small run. For which I'm rather grateful as someone who missed the kickstarter boat but picked it up in general release. From Gencon to "sold out" ithe inventory lasted what, north of six months?

You had a chance to buy in

You had a chance to buy in AFTER reviews and playthroughs came about.

And maybe you chose not to. I was on the fucking fence because twenty-score dollars of the burger is a lot of dollars to drop all at once on a board game. Fine, that's your prerogative. But you had a fair chance even if you weren't in on the kickstarter, so if you want to shitpost about your /biz/ concerns, I will make fun of you -- not for not playing, but for being so butthurt about not playing.

Who knows, maybe TTS Anon will return to throw you a bone.
>>
So do you start out naked with a rock in this game and fight rape monsters? That's pretty cool
>>
>>47289010
>These threads go nowhere now because it's just a bunch of peruvian poorfags asking for scans.
Exactly. You flip off everyone who isn't already part of your club, you get a small, shitty club. Pretty much any goddamn hobby of any note, the players are absolute fucking whores when it comes to people wanting to download their way in, because they like people being in and want to facilitate being getting in.

And then there's this asshole.

>>47290249
>implying this isn't what every dead gaem says
>>
>>47290488
And then you make weapons out of their claws and ball sacks.

It's p fun.

>>47290518
We just flip off poor peruvian mexibeaners mostly.

Especially when you post retarded shit like this. (>>47290251)
>>
>>47290557

That's exactly it. You're assholes.
People want to play everyone flips them off because you're so high and fucking mighty.
>>
>>47290727
>The angered chimping of the favela hue.
I can't hear you over all this Kingdom Death, sorry chum.
>>
>>47290727

if people wanted to play, they could have gotten the damn game, you had 7 months to buy it, then you had about 1 month where he was warning everyone that there where less then 100 copies of it left

and now there are 60 copies left that are being sold Sans models and then its gonna be gone, so grab your cash and get it ?
>>
>>47290727

because despite your entitlement, we never said that we want you to play it, you game here with a chip on your shoulder demanding to get free copies.... why should we indulge you ?
>>
>>47290823
>>47290727
Have you considered that you're both assholes?
>>
>>47286458
I have a copy and love it, but none of my friends want to commit to a full-on campaign, so I've just ended up fighting the prologue lion seven times. I think I might Just start a solo campaign soon
>>
>>47291033

do you also try to go in as blind as you can ?
>>
>>47290848
>>47290883
Hence, assholes. Any normal human hears that somebody wants to play their game without spending $400 on it, they tend to want to indulge them because, being normal humans, they like other people playing their game also. This happens in tabletop RPGs, in video games, even in warhams. People like it when people play.

Not you, though. Not only does it offend your sensibilities that somebody might play for free, you seem to have difficulty understanding why this might be a bizarre mindset.

KD isn't a game. It's an elitist circlejerk. If it was a game you'd want people to play. But it's not, it's a pedestal you bought your way onto, and will be damned if some filthy peasants invade your special club and cheapen your own investment in it.
>>
>>47291243
>Poorposting.
Just stop peru. You have a favela to clean.

And no, most people realize that if you want something expensive and can't afford it, you either earn enough to get it or suck it up.

I don't own a 90 foot yacht, but guess what? I don't except someone to hand me a new set of keys or take me for a free ride on theirs.

I understand you're a entitled beaner, but you're also poor.
Deal with it.
>>
>>47291243
>Any normal human hears that somebody wants to play their game without spending $400 on it, they tend to want to indulge them because, being normal humans, they like other people playing their game also.
cough40kcough
>>
>>47291062
for the most part! it's more fun when something unexpected completely throws you, and more rewarding coming up work your own strategies after getting creamed.
>>
File: 1450135354726.jpg (889 KB, 1200x775) Image search: [Google]
1450135354726.jpg
889 KB, 1200x775
>>47291526
Oh boy, you have such a things to see...
>>
>>47291541
I really can't wait. All I've really heard is that The Butcher is going to be a wake-up call, and that skulls are delicious. Also that's hilarious, do you have more comics?
>>
>>47291243

you dont go into 40k threads and ask for free models either, so if you arent asking questions about the game, thats not related to scans or somesuch can you kindly fuck off

because maybe we are elitist assholes who think we belong in a special club for getting a game, but the fact stands that we did and you didnt, and whatever sentiment you have past that is entitlement, giving you free stuff so you can play doesnt enable us to play the game more or enjoy it more
>>
>>47291727

its gonna be a wild ride, i am currently running a game with all the expansions in, its a endless cycle of ups and downs and i am loving it <3
>>
File: sketch.jpg (89 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
sketch.jpg
89 KB, 894x894
>>47291727
No more that I know of. Just repostan from older threads.
>>
>>47291763
But we were asking or scans in the first place.
40k threads atleast give out scans when people ask.

Who the fuck asks for free models.
>>
>>47291335
Even in 40k threads, I see more acceptance of knockoff models than not. The codexes seem beyond concern.

>>47291763
>sure we're assholes but
Uh huh.
>>
>>47291982
>>47291995
>The 'people' of peru.
>>
>>47291995
>>47291982

then go to those threads ? or to /r/ we clearly arent accomodating here, and yes i embrace the fact that we are assholes
>>
>>47292017
>Calls people Peru
>Is the one acting like a Peruvian

Son I got news for you...
>>
Also fuck slenderman, he can hatefuck a settlement way to easily if you are unlucky, though i gotta ask, does anybody know if we get to change our gear if we draw a settlement event card fight ?, or do we use whatever we had on us when we hunted ?
>>
>>47292084
>Angry at being called peruvian.
>Have no comeback except "NO U"
>Still a pathetic poorfag.
Oh peruvians.
>>
>>47292017
this really isn't as funny as you think it is man, can you both just stop
>>
>>47292106
>does anybody know if we get to change our gear if we draw a settlement event card fight ?
I think you have to keep your stuff, but I'll try to find out.
>>
Wait, am I understanding this correctly? Kingdom Death is almost finished? Like, no copies left, final printing closing doors and locking up done and over?
>>
>>47292126
Pretty much it yeah.

>>47292111
Yeah it isn't funny and it's going to stop now.
>>
>>47292126
Wrong-o-bong-o.

It's sold out but he's now working on other KD related stuff.
>>
>>47292126

KDM allready finished all the copies except 60 that have no models have been sold, its been out for 5 months now

12 new expansions are coming out and a 2D game
>>
>>47292123

thanks man, we figured you had to keep your gear but i wanted a second opinion

also the flowerknight is one sneaky git, its way easy to get hooked and start using his gear, but then you gotta farm flowers
>>
File: Zanbato.jpg (77 KB, 640x222) Image search: [Google]
Zanbato.jpg
77 KB, 640x222
Trust the Zanbato.

BE the Zanbato.
>>
>>47292126

>>In 6 short months following the game’s release, we smashed thru our inventory. The remaining 20 units and 60 “red dots” which contain no miniatures are reserved for GenCon. The red dots came about as part of the factory’s QA process, some sprues were damaged in transportation from one facility to the other and we decided to simply pack ‘em without any figures at all
KDM - Nightmare Ram Expansion
KDM - Ringtail Fox Expansion
KDM - Black Knight Expansion
KDM - Gryphon Expansion
KDM - Frogdog Expansion
KDM - Lantern Festival (being reworked from the ground up, might focus on towns instead of settlements)
KDM - Storm Knight Expansion (how a survivor can become a hero)
KDM - Custom Campaign Book (for mixing our current expansions, supported with new story events)
KDM - Rust Ocean (area where Architects are from)
KD:Q - Kingdom Death Quest, a PVC game for mass market (gonna try distro with this!)
KD:T - Titan, a deck building game, its perspective far pulled far back to the greater entity level.
KD:L - Labyrinth, the game that highlights Twilight Knights, White Speakers and other hero level classes.
KD:2D - A retro cinematic platformer, with GORGEOUS hand made sprite animation.
MALE PINUPS
>>
>>47292148
So they're done making the base game and are just going to extort the morons that bought in for even more money? Without trying to get more suckers on the line?

Hahahahaha that's either the fucking stupidest thing I've ever heard of or the smartest. Enjoy your game, guys.
>>
>>47292111
this WOULD be the perfect time to draw Murder
>>
>>47292231

you are correct, and thanks we will
>>
>>47292231
You're so adorably salty.

I want to lick your face.

>>47292233
>Implying I didn't beat you in the race.
>>
>>47292264

Let him be

also anybody here ever rolled the gate and the key on a single hunt ?
>>
File: 1437259009636.gif (598 KB, 438x750) Image search: [Google]
1437259009636.gif
598 KB, 438x750
>>47292264
>I want to lick your face.
I'm not even the same guy, but you can't just say such things out of blue!
>>
>>47292341
Where do you think you are? This is a Kingdom Death thread!

You're lucky I didn't ask to see your lantern.

>>47292305
So I checked it and in theory you should be able to swap gear from your survivors.
Nemesis encounters in general are supposed to, so I imagine it's like your dudesmen grabbing any equipment they can find in the case of a Manhunter/Slenderman ambush.
>>
>>47292231
>providing quality products in exchange for currency is extortion
Commie plz go.
>>
>>47292442

ah okay, i might still run it as having to keep your gear, until a FAQ but its nice to have the option also..... decisions decisions !

also fuck acid rain, we got it twice on a hunt
>>
>>47292463
You have to be able to change gear during interruptions because it states under those Nemesis Encounter that you have the Departing Survivors step.

You just don't have a Hunt Phase.
>>
I'm more curious as to the reasoning behind not wanting to produce more of the base game. I mean clearly there is an audience, and the swell of support with expansions, it just seems silly.
Fuck people who want it free, those people are morons, but in a year from now, what if people a year from now discover it and want to hop in?

Seems like a short sighted business move.
>>
>>47292624

ah i missed that !, i dont have the book with me atm, also the new lantern hoard and butcher hitlocation are nice
>>
>>47292737

he sold it cheap at 400 dollars and lost out on shipping ETC he simply doesnt have it in him to make it a large scale production

atleast not if he wants to do other stuff
>>
>>47292737
Poots does the hobby by heart, he doesn't have much of a business smarts. I mean, the whole Kickstarter delays of delays should already be dead giveaway of that.
He would rather make new models than make profit off existing ones, because he likes making new models he's not into this for money.
>>
>>47292737
There're people out there ready to pay, but it's a question of how many. Doing a small print is probably out of the question for something like this because there're a lot of parts to get organized and moving, it's likely only worthwhile if they can get a large amount together and then feel confident that it'll sell.

When you look at the KD release, they didn't move their entire stock fast and hard. They sold out over half a year, slowing down with each month. Basically the developer assumption is that most everyone who wants it already has it, and the remainder aren't enough to justify printing copies for at the moment. It's easier to move product to the existing customers who can be counted on buying in.

Keep in mind that something like 90% of MTG and 40k sales are to something like 10% of the audience, their decision isn't unreasonable. I'm sure they'll consider reprints down the line, but I highly doubt it'd be worthwhile now.
>>
>>47292737
My guess would be something like the molds deteriorating so it'd be expensive to do another run.

Though if that is the case a better idea would probably be to do a second KS for the second set of expansions.
>>
>>47292801

that said, he is gonna make some other stuff, check my post further up for a list, among them KD:Q which is gonna be mass market
>>
>>47292822

he has promised his team to never do another KS
>>
>>47292737
The nonplastic is fucking expensive.

Really, Poots should do something like springtee or something and have preorder waves, where if the core game reaches, for example, 150 or more preorders within a 3 week window they are then processed and the manufacturer prints it.
>>
>>47292862
Well I can understand why, I still think it would be the best business move though.
>>
>>47293388

from the outside yeah, presumably they know something that we dont or has a different view
>>
>>47293427
I think it's more of a "once bitten, twice shy" situation, though maybe the amount of negative responses they got to the delays was enough to make them think there'd be a big PR issue with a second one or they don't think they could competently manage a KS after how badly the first one went or something.
>>
>>47292737
Poots has a severe allergy to mass production and keeping things in stock. Notice how everything but the main mortgage payers over at Kingdom Death are micro runs that sell out straight away. He makes one batch, then he doesn't want to touch it again.
>>
How much harder is each tier of monster, we've started kicking the lion's lv1 ass with mostly bone weapons, should we move on to lv2 or the antelope, or should we play it safe since the butcher comes to town after our next hunt?
>>
I still haven't even opened my KD and expansions.
>>
>>47293903
What's your population?
>>
>>47293934
>>
>>47293903

play it safe until the butcher is done
>>
>>47290249
I think its funny that you think there are Peruvians out there that could have a stable enough connection to check the news and learn English AND meanwhile shit post on a Chinese horoscope website.

Get off your high horse youself righteous cunt. The guy is simply asking for help with scans
>>
>>47293960
Survival of Fittest? play it safe
Protect the Children? you can afford to lose some, go ahead and try lvl 2
>>
>>47294032
Should I take our +1 Str character?
>>
>>47292862
That isn't what he said.

This is from the newsletter on new copies.

>With no Monster's out in the wild, we're thinking hard about what the best way to get new copies out there for people who still want them. It might be as straight forward as taking pre-orders or... it might be as complex as returning to Kickstarter. We very much want to supply everyone that wants on with their very own copy. I just can't believe how many tasks and considerations spawn from that simple desire!

>Poots back on Kickstarter??
>Everyone here at HQ is a little worried about this scenario. I am not a responsible creator. Nothing about KD:M is small and easy to produce. Only crazed determination and the mostly unwavering support of thousands of fans made it possible in the first place. Our inventory manager insists that I will need 24 hour supervision should this come to pass. I think he might be right.

>The future of Kingdom Death
>We are at a very interesting time and place with Kingdom Death. The kickstarter is nearly behind us, the game is sold out, and all that is ahead of us is the horizon. stretching out like a big empty canvas. I admit, this is sort of a new and difficult place. I've never worked like I did these past 4 years.
>>
>>47294187

ah my apologies, i missremembered that last part about
>>
Anyone got any tips for ungluing?
I stuck the Gorm's body together without realizing I needed to put his, I think penis, in first.
>>
>>47294666
hehehehe
>>
>>47294749
You going to help me or just sit there laughing?
>>
>>47294666
You can snap fit in it actually, just push it back in there as far as you can and push down, it should clip in.

I did the same thing.
>>
>>47292226
It's like they want me to give them all of my money or something.
>>
>>47289369
Either that or you're dealing with more than one person on the internet
>>
phew spent all day watching lets plays and assembling survivors on a rare day off. its been great, but man am i sick of assembling wrists to arms, and god damn the phoenix and his 30 god damn hands can eat a dick. even with multiple guides i think i got some of them wrong, but thankfully its reasonably hidden.
what are your favorite weapons tg? i need to get more games in and stop being so lazy
>>
File: 20160517_174846.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
20160517_174846.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
Some of my more interesting survivors- i love the style of flower knight, and his survivor parts are rad.
>>
>>47294936
I'm trying, but it won't go in.
>>
>>47296959
Damn, didnt even know it came with equipment that awesome.
>>
>>47297903
Every single piece of the 150 odd bits of equipment can be represented in miniature form. And every boss adds some random stuff and/or a set of weapons and gear.

>>47296907
/tg/'s favpurite equipments are;
1)ZANBATO
2) Cat Spear (honouarble mentiong; Rawhide Set)
3)Bow. Usually Cat Gut because it's easy and early.
4)Founding Stone. Or the new and improved Deathpact, which is much better but also much harder to obtain.

>>47297362
Welp. Dunno how to help my man. Push back and up.
Also if you used superglue you can try freezing your model.
>>
File: 1338032419125.jpg (31 KB, 279x284) Image search: [Google]
1338032419125.jpg
31 KB, 279x284
Pray allow me to step in and say that most of this thread is pure cancer, and not at all how /tg/ is supposed to be. What the help happened with being bros to each other? A few years ago, one could ask for a PDF of a system or whatever, and eventually someone would post something and everyone else would just discuss the game and mind their business.

But here we've got:
>Namefag
>Lol poorfag
>How dare you have an interest in a game he didn't spend 400 dollars into?
>Y-you're entitled!
>H-how does it feel not having money?

This is fucking disgusting. This place used to be (or still is and it's just this thread, I don't lurk enough nowadays) a place for neckbeards to enjoy games together and shit about each other tastes; being elitist about your niche game being better, and trying to get people to play said niche game I understand, but bragging about your niche game being expensive and trying to keep people out is pure faggottry. You are faggots.

Now that I've got that out of my system, the reason I've come to this thread: can some other anon tell me what this game is about? I've heard it mentioned a few times, and seen one or two FATAL-tier minis, but I've got no idea how it plays out or how the mechanics work. What's the objective of the game? What do you do? How hard is it?
>>
>>47298474
>Come into thread
>Insult the people there
>then ask for their help.

That's a real solid plan you got there bub.
>>
>>47298732
>Reading comprehension.
I asked "Can some other anon...?" for a reason. I by no means meant everyone on this thread was a faggot, but it's definitely full of them. Besides, seeing their attitude, those wouldn't have taken the time anyway, so it's not exactly a big loss.
>>
>>47298474
You play as a starting settlement trying to survive in a world where everything will kill you, you progress through the years fighting different enemies and inventing/making shit to help you out. Think Monster hunter with making armor/weapons out of enemies. You have a gear grid which lets you combo certain items for bonuses too. The actual game mechanics are fairly simple, roll to hit, roll to wound, and you fight on a grid. You also have survival points which let you do special actions like dodging. Enemies are played by an AI deck that dictates what they do for the turn, its also their health pool. The game can be pretty hard if its you first time and don't know how to prep for certain enemies since you can die very easily and there is perma death. One of the weaker points imo is the random events which usually end up in roll 1-3 and instantly die.
>>
>>47292106
>>47292123
>>47292180
Not sameanon, but nope you have to stay with the same gear until the next "Prepare departing survivors" step. Another e.g. would be Clinging Mists.
>>
>>47292231
Or, you know, they might produce more of the core game. They never said they won't, just that they didn't (the stock was supposed to last them until the end of the year)
>>
>>47292442
>in theory you should be able to swap gear from your survivors
Sorry m8, see my answer here >>47299229
>>
>>47292463
>>47292624
>>47292753
Nemesis Encounter =/= Special Showdown
Not every showdown with a Nemesis monster is a Nemesis Encounter.
>>
>>47298474
>can some other anon tell me what this game is about? I've heard it mentioned a few times, and seen one or two FATAL-tier minis, but I've got no idea how it plays out or how the mechanics work. What's the objective of the game? What do you do? How hard is it?

We open with four survivors in battle with a massive, killer lion. They know nothing else and come complete with a towel's worth of modesty and a sharp rock they found on the ground. You face the lion in turn-based tactical combat. Since this is the tutorial you've got options to move, attack, or spend your weapin (reducing you to punching and biting for the rest of the battle) to give it a good hit. Every time you manage to hit the beast, you draw hit locations to determine whether you got it in the leg, the balls, the face, or what have you, each with different reactions provoked and sometimes the potential to deal it a crippling injury. Included in this deck is also the monster's "trap", which, when drawn, will cancel that survivor's attack, retaliate, and reshuffle the hit locations, trap included. Should you manage to wound the creature, one of the "AI" cards that determines what the beast does on its own turn goes away for good. If there are no more AI cards and you wound it, you have killed the beast at last. Of course, this is Kingdom Death, so you can end up lion chow in the prologue if you're unlucky or bad at tactics. (The longer the game goes on, the less deaths versus monster have to do with luck)
>>
>>47299618
This is the essence of the "Showdown". For future monsters you battle, they can be of multiple types (in the base game, three you hunt and three that hunt you on certain years). Win, and you harvest resources from the monster's corpse. After the prologue your survivors and some others you presumably just saved from the marauding lion form a settlement, invent language, and begin to build their society from the stone age up. The resources you gain from killing monsters can be used to innovate advances for your settlement, make new weapons and armor for your hunters, and generally build your bastion against the eternal darkness of this strange world into, if not a kickass place to live, at least somewhere that humans can in fact survive.

You'll go on to hunt more monsters, and each one will have both a different general character determined by its species and a different individual behavior based on the semi-random contents of its AI deck and which of those cards get wounded away when. As your survivors learn everything from how to build huts, to religion, to the riddle of steel (or at least how to smelt metal), you'll gain more options to fight with and assemble gear that will give you even more tactical powers. Your survivors will (probably if you want to be successful) breed and populate. In the end, winning and losing isn't about any one character but is instead about ensuring your community doesn't crumble into ruin.

So to your more pointed question: The objective of the game is to survive. Ultimately, there is an endboss In the vanilla game, The Watcher, a being whose cocoon is the source of all your light and the fear of which keeps monsters away from your cluster of juicy humans., but most of the experience is not aimed at said endboss.
>>
>>47299628

So, overall answers.

What you do is kill boss monsters, make cool stuff out of their bits, and repeat, alternating Civilization and Monster Hunter/Fire Emblem. It's very hard at least in the first few years of a settlement's existence and random factors can get individual survivors killed even later. As to the FATAL tier minis, you won't really find that in the core game box -- Poots made the questionable decision to market his game with pinups even before the kickstarter, but love them or hate them they're not "part of the game"
>>
>>47298978
>>47299618
>>47299628
>>47299639

The FATAL minis weren't actually something I was complaining about, as that's what made it stick out for me. At the very least made me curious. It does sound actually rather damn cool. Though, it sounds kind of complex, as in, slow to play due to having many elements. Or does it play quicker than it seems? Also, the way you're describing it sounds almost more like an RPG than a board game. Which is actually nice.
>>
>>47299835
Not him, but a Lantern Year takes about 1-4 hours to play (higher in the range if you're new to the game and have to lookup rules all the time, and higher in the range nearing the end of the campaign since you have more choices and tougher bosses).

Mid-campaign with non-newbie player, you could easily fit 2-3 Lantern Years in an evening.

A successful campaign ends in 20-25 Lantern Years.
>>
>>47297362
try more monster grease and gentle movements. i made the same mistake and gave up and cut it down so it would fit, with the intention of using some green stuff to rebuild its dong. Also man that is one sentence i never thought i'd type, even on tg.
>>
So why isnt the developer just releasing the core as a pdf for free?

I'm confused as to why someone who owns a business would not feed the demand for their future products? Unless there's something I'm missing, it sounds like this was developed by a grade A dipshit who had a "dream" product, but has absolutely no business sense. Which likely means the game itself has silly quirks and poor mechanics too
>>
>>47300023
The game relies heavily on cards (there's more than 1000 in the core alone), and a print-and-play would probably set you back as much in printing as would buying the actual game.

Plus, he's a firm believer in his vision and quality standards, and wouldn't want to have a low-quality version of his game. So kinda like what you said, only less caustic. He actually stated several times that KD is just making the game / world / models he wants - and if he can get other people to get interested and pay his rent for him, that's a bonus.

The man has a product line that sells almost instantly as soon as stock appears in his shop, so I wouldn't say no business sense. More like his vision supersedes it.
>>
>>47300023
Also the game has an average user rating of 9.2 on BGG and has received rave reviews from many many many boardgame reviewers at this point, so yes it is quirky, but no it does not have poor mechanics.
>>
>>47291727
Some minor, general tips for the game:
>bandages are love
>rawhide armor is excellent as a full set
>you don't need to go hunt new monsters as soon as you unlock them
>>
File: pootsahh.jpg (27 KB, 308x326) Image search: [Google]
pootsahh.jpg
27 KB, 308x326
bump for poots
>>
>>47300172
but I'm excitable and really looking forward to fighting them asap!
>>
>>47300159
>but no it does not have poor mechanics.
Hunting events could use a revision, they feel a bit repetitive as is. But that's about the only thing.
>>
>>47301484
You can probably get away with it for the antelope, but hunting the Phoenix in LY 7 stands a good chance of destroying you.
>>
>>47302012
When IS a good time to hunt the Phoenix? We only barely make it through it, loosing two or three survivors at least. He is so tough.
After that we tried the White Lion Lv 2 and were surprised how much we steam rolled that little cat.

Also does being Immortal mean you auto-die on those stupid "Spend Survival OR DIE" events? That sounds really not as intended.
>>
>>47302296
>When IS a good time to hunt the Phoenix?
Kind of never. But when you have good gear and 4 disposable survivors is close enough.
>>
>>47302296

Like >>47302331 says, there's never EXACTLY a good time, but IMO it helps if you've got good new survivors: Clan of Death with Protect the Young. There's a phoenix hunt event that autokills folks with 0 hunt xp but if you can go at it with a bunch of survivors each with 1 or 2 xp but some stats and weapon levels to their names, that's solid, since you'll be able to survive a spiral age or two. If you get a White Secret Ageless or Ageless Apprentice survivor with some bandages you've also got a huge leg up: Phoenix doesn't do a ton of damage, but alternate-kills you through age and/or bleed. Not that it can't murder you the old-fashioned way, of course...

Also, know how to use survival between flows. Dashing out of the way of shit can be a big help. This is more general than Phoenix specific
>>
>>47302785
We got super burned by this 0 hunt xp event once, which left us with only one survivor left.
We do have Clan of Death and Protect the Young (how exactly does PtY help though?), but we just recently got Paint back since the Kings Men destroyed it when they first appeared.
Still seems like a tough fight with only newborn survivors, since they have no Insanity you can´t get rid of these Age Tokens, and we almost always draw a stupid Rewind Reaction.
>>
>>47286458
Why are they half naked?
>>
>>47299342
>>47299317
Manhunter special showdown states that you get the Departing Survivor step so you're wrong ackakckakcktually.

Not sure about slender but I imagine it says the same.
>>
>>47302931
Because, mercifully, they weren't brought into being stark naked.
>>
File: ransome.png (2 MB, 1450x1750) Image search: [Google]
ransome.png
2 MB, 1450x1750
I'm sure there'd be less shitposting if the ransom-art for the MEGAfag was paid, so OPs could be properly updated with working downloads.

It's currently reuploading right now, but I'll cease all other major internet activity if someone draw my KDM character decently.
>>
So what are your character survival strategies, given that monster damage tends to escalate faster than player armor does? Once you start doing level 2 monsters, it seems like the best you can hope for, armor wise, is thee ability to soak a single hit to any given body location before severe injury town. Given that, at that point, we are looking at 3-4 attacks coming your way at any given time, its not going to take very long at all to start getting righteously fucked up.
>>
>>47301515

The game would also benefit greatly from an expansion pack of another 10-20 Settlement events.
>>
>>47304098
I can take a shot at that. I used to do requests for pregchan all the time - I'm not the best, but busty/curvy is kinda my thing. Give me 6-8 hours, hopefully this thread is still alive (and I can evade theGirlfriend / kids long enough)

I want this game so bad, but I only discovered it recently, ergo: screwed.
>>
>>47305767
Remain hopeful anon. In my experience it's not that hard to play tabletop games on a virtual table even if you don't have the physical copy. As long as you have the rules. The cards can be a nuisance, but if you have access to the card effects and how many there are on the deck, coding a companion APP is a breeze.
>>
>>47292822
If you work with silicon molds you never use the master mold.
from the master mold you will do a 2nd master mold as your first casting, which you going to use as your master mold. You only use your real master mold if the 2nd has been deteriorating, to make another placeholder master mold.
>>
>>47307393
KDM is plastic, and uses injection molding plates. The models start as digital and are carved by a computerized robot into metal.

The typical resin KD models sold otherwise are generally resin and likely use the silicon molding process you described.
>>
>>47299893
It is too late, the penis is now inside him. I will have to freeze it and break it open.
>>
>>47305353
Armors tend to have pieces with various abilities or acrions to help mitigate damage, such as evasion, blocking for free/on wound, or giving a chance to ignore damage with some lucky rolling.

Evasion is a godsend. Even one evasion, plus a monster grease can help a ton, and if you complete green affinity for grease, you can begin really reducing the number hits you need to soak or dodge.

Also, each monster has a clear method to how it works. If you figure it out, even at higher levels you can greatly reduce the threat they pose to you, and can formulate plans on who will soak an attack, or draw its attention away and open it to a counterstrike.
>>
Oh man, my wave 3 shipment with all (with the exception of the lantern festival which is still in the works) of the expansions came in today, and it is certainly a large box indeed.
>>
>>47286458
>>>47299893
>It is too late, the penis is now inside him. I will have to freeze it and break it open.
I'm glad to have read this phrase outside of /d/
>>
>>47308819
I got a shipping notification on Friday, but apparently it's still in their warehouse : (
>>
>>47308932
Did you get a tracking code with your confirmation? The one that I got in my email was spot-on as to the day of delivery.
>>
>>47292822
>>47307393
>>47307747
Honestly its less about the models more about the cards involved I think. (though some of the stuff on the sprue are pretty crazy) Theres a lot of cardboard in the box.
>>
>>47309265
There is absolutely no reason that would hold them back from a second print run as the cost of card board is a unit cost, and accounted for in the cost of the box set.

The two potential issues would be:
1. Requiring more moulds being made, thus making a second print run considerably more expensive
2. Demand not being high enough, meaning that they can't sell enough to make a second print run worthwhile.

Cards are not even worth consideration in this context.
>>
>>47290848
Have you considered that some people haven't heard about the game until now and are looking for an inexpensive way to review the rules before spending 400 bucks on it? Cuz that's my situation, had no idea it existed until just recently, I'm interested, but have no way of checking it out without scans, or spending *way too much money* for basic information.
>>
>>47309265
>>47309431
Yeah, printing isn't really an issue here. It's mainly just Poots being cautious with himself so he doesn't get in over his head again. As quoted from a newsletter posted earlier, he's trying to figure out the best way of managing a true second wave of ordering and distributing prints. We likely won't get word of this decision before notice of Lantern Festival's development status.

I wish I wasn't a poorfag at the time of the kickstarter so I could get more than just the survivor level and a couple promos.

Fucking ebay posting are even scalping extra hard these days.
>>
>>47309641

then you are still out of luck, seeing how there are now no games left, except the ones that are at Gencon this year, which have a demo

PLUS its not that we dont want you to play the game, its that you playing the game, does not give us any benefit, it does in no way add to our enjoyment
>>
>>47310376

if you can find Scans or someone posts them, thats fine and i hope you can try the game if you like it, what tripped me up was how the last person was acting very entitled

also there are a few videos out explaining how the game works, check them
>>
>>47310376
man that's fucking helpful. All of you are elitist scum. Neato.
>>
>>47310429
You mean, that one cancerous namefag is elitist scum.
>>
>>47309641
>>47310429
>>47310441
>I'm interested, but have no way of checking it out without scans, or spending *way too much money* for basic information.
If you're to retarded to use google and youtube you deserve it to be honest famalamadingdong.
>>
>>47310429
>>47310441
And just because I wanted to take the opportunity to call you stupid again, here's a 4 [four!] hour gameplay video of the first 2 lantern years.

You are welcome mon ami.
>>
>>47310441
>>47310429
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkYsRZLG3Y

Just call me mister butterfingers.
>>
This thread is a fucking shitshow. Bizarre that the excuse for not wanting to share is "it gives us no enjoyment" from these people. Nobody gets enjoyment or benefit from sharing scans, it's just a nice thing you may do.

This is the first thread I've checked out of KD since the dozens that were made when the kickstarter was still active. The models looked great, but with a community like this I am quite glad I didn't back it.

Lol.
>>
>>47309431
>2. Demand not being high enough, meaning that they can't sell enough to make a second print run worthwhile.
This is most likely the issue, combined with the costs of printing the cards and stuff, the game honestly didn't sell *that* well.
>>
So, is everyone agreed that Swedar comes into these threads to argue with himself then blame the threads for it, right?
>>
>>47310757
Nah, there def seems to be more entitled poorfag peruvian beggars around these days.

>>47310724
lol
>>
>>47310891
Put your name back on Swedar
>>
Core game MEGARAR is about 50% uploaded, and I even went back and added the missing White Lion Skirt gear card. (but forgot to convert it to jpg, so you'll have to deal with it)

I've also gone about and dug up the pdf scans of the expansions I could find, and will be optimizing those pdf files and RARing them for upload as well. If I can find clean images or TTSanon uploads scans of the resources, I'll include those as well.

>>47310376
Why are you even here; it does not give us any benefit, it does in no way add to our enjoyment.

All you do is shitpost about people who don't have the game nor digital resources for it.
>>
>>47310905
We have completely different posting styles my delusional paranoid chum.
>>
>>47308961
I did, but it just says they've printed a label. : /

also, I've just noticed that the sunstalker store page advertises it as having secret farting art cards.
>>
>>47310915
you're a real savior
>>
Missed the train since I just heard of this when I backed the Dark Souls game. Hopefully he makes more game looks awesome!
>>
So is Peru the hot new meme, like discussing loo in the poo when discussing India?

Back to the game, the village building and civilization developing is really neat. Things can go really epic or really crazy depending on what monsters are fought and resources are found.
>>
Some months ago there was a rather entertaining build involving lots of green affinities and multiple Satchels for what resulted in an insane evasion-tank. I want to say there was something like a fighting art or ability that enabled carrying multiple Item equipment cards, or something.

For the life of me I can't remember the details of it.
>>
File: KD Fighter.jpg (211 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
KD Fighter.jpg
211 KB, 600x960
>>47304098
How's this?
I don't have time to color her tonight, maybe later this week if you like her.
>>
>>47312285
T H I C C
H
I
C
C

It came out great, thankyou very much! Do you have an art site or blog I could follow?

As promised, stopping any major bandwidth usage until the uploads finish. Looks like... 15 minutes until they're done.

Hmmm... I'm torn between purchase decisions. Do I get the Silk Assassin, Great Game Hunter, and Architect plastic pinups for $57, or do I get Gorm expansion for... holy fuck $86 after shipping. Poots, you're killing me on these shipping costs.
>>
>>47312819
I'm glad you like it. Sorry, I don't really keep anything like a blog or deviantart, I just draw for people when the mood strikes me and I have time.

Thanks for uploading everything. If the game were available, I'd buy it in a heartbeat - I really want several of the minis, they're just so great looking. In the mean time, being able to read the materials and fawn over the art will suffice.
>>
>>47286458
What's going on, exactly? It's pretty fucked up in here.

I have all the rules pdfs on scan and I can probably get card scans off TTS if you give me a bit to redownload it, just reformatted.

And I won't be a faggot about it, if someone uploading stuff and not being a faggot about it is needed right now.

Let me know.
>>
Is there any reason you can't give a survivor a bunch of different shields instead of armor?
>>
>>47286458
FRESHLY BAKED UPLOADS, RIPE FOR THE PICKING.

https://mega.nz/#F!WpB0VJhB!KS3q6INY0vT8IPdtKc9aPQ

MEGARAR Includes:
* Full rulebook PDF
* Sectioned-off PDFs of different sections of rulebook
* Clean scans of all cards and gear
* Stock and additional compound sheet resources
* Tokens fitting for Roll20, including core game and an assortment of extra tokens. (no expansion tokens currently)

>>47312949
I wasn't being a total faggot, I just have slow upload speeds if I'm doing anything more taxing than browsing forums.
>>
>>47313064
There is no rules-reason preventing this tactic. As long as every shield is different, you get their bonuses. I believe Poots has even confirmed this. (As you implied, you cannot stack several leather shields to gain their armor point effect several times.)
>>
>>47312949
>What's going on, exactly? It's pretty fucked up in here.
Mostly the mocking of poor peruvians.

>I'm le hero you all need!
I don't think anyone actually cares. I know I don't.
Making fun of filthy non-people is top notch though.

>>47313064
>>47313241
Pretty sure you can only dual wield shields.
>>
>>47313285
Why, there's no restrictions on the number of weapons carried, and the same bonus from different sources stack so as long as you have different shields you can stack as much as you want.
>>
>>47313285
No Shields are Paired, and Blood Paint lets you attack with two one-handed weapons.

There is no limit on the amount of duplicate Weapons you can carry. (unless gear-rule specifies otherwise)

Armor points are applied when a survivor departs, including those conferred by Weapon and Item gear. Shields confer armor points.

You very much can carry three shields of different types and get 4 or so armor points to all five locations in addition to whatever armor your wearing confers.
>>
>>47290166
Flower Knight is eaaasy to assemble, fucking Scribe though...
>>
>>47290435
I got my Storm Knight and Flower Witch from them.

I'll probably buy them legit too and relegate the recasts into painting practice.
>>
>>47313674
where did you get them?
>>
>>47313709
Chink amazon.

i lurk /tg/ but iirc you cant and shouldnt post the sites for recasters. That said, it is not hard to find. all in all i hope i expressed myself clearly.
>>
>>47312949
I think some anon doesn't like Peruvians. It's pretty funny because every previous KD thread would start with a scan dump.

I think he's new to KD threads and is trying to look cool.
>>
>>47312922
Ah, okay then. Thanks again for the portrait! I'd much like to commission you sometime, so if you don't mind sharing your contact info that'd be rad.

Anyway, right now you can purchase most of the expansions on the KD website.

You could also pay $5000 to get the game, every expansion, and most of the kickstarter exclusives and promos on ebay.
>>
>>47307795
Woo! The penis is in place.
>>
>>47292148
What a fucking racket.
>>
>>47286458
https://mega.nz/#F!cQpwWZTI!XuopIJPMtTCp4o4-_CdGIg
>>
>>47309431
Cards are not a unit cost, minimum quantities absolutely apply to printing, especially when it also involves diecutting.
>>
>>47315175
>Cards are not a unit cost
Do you even know what a unit cost is?

>minimum quantities absolutely apply to printing
Which falls under point 2, Demand not being high enough.

Just because you have a minimum order size, that doesn't mean you have a fixed cost.
>>
>>47314889
Selling a game and then producing a load a good expansions.

What a bunch of assholes.
>>
>>47310920
True. Did a peruvian touch you as a child?
>>
>>47315354
Stop the strawman, anon, that's not what he complained about. He was complaining about not being able to buy the original game, not about they producing content. This is just a problem of not having enough supply to cover the demand.
>>
>>47314319
going to shout that the next time I have sex
>>
>>47302999
>A specific event wording saying that is the case implies that it is the general rule and not the exception.
Anon, please. If all Special Showdowns had the Prepare Departing Survivors step, there would be no need to call it out specifically in the Manhunter. If anything, that only further proves my point.
I don't remember that being stated in the Manhunter's special showdown thing, though.
>>
File: 1445006787643.jpg (400 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1445006787643.jpg
400 KB, 900x506
There needs to be an artbook of sorts.
In fact, was there not a digital one for bakcers?
>>
>>47313447
I can imagine that one survivor who's so paranoid that he does exactly that.
>>
>>47314120
Ouch, I'm a little too peruvian for that kinda money. I might endeavour to buy some of the minis I really like though.

You can shoot me a line on our throwaway email [email protected] if you wanna request something.
>>
>>47289497
wtf kind of retarded fuck argument is that?

if they wont sell it i will pirate it. simple as that.

they dont want my money, thats fine. il just use other miniatures.
>>
>>47290475
>>47290394
>>47290335

i only knew this existed because of the DS kickstarter.

fuck me for not being allknowing on all miniature related stuff right.
>>
>>47290848
where can i buy it ?
>>
>>47313196
ty, i dont know where the replies are.

so with this i could basically play the game if i print all the stuff out and use proxy miniatures?
>>
>>47318757

Gencon this year i think it was, i would advice you to look at the scans in this thread and to see the Demo at Gencon, plus check out the Youtube videos
>>
>>47319116
i am in europe. so no chance at gencon
>>
>>47318838

you could play it with just that, you can use WH40k bases for the monsters and survivors, but you need a Board to play on, the game uses 1X1 inch squares
>>
>>47319125

where in Europe ? something could be arranged
>>
File: carcassonne bix box.jpg (575 KB, 1966x734) Image search: [Google]
carcassonne bix box.jpg
575 KB, 1966x734
>>47319133
well that shouldnt be a problem, i just made this for my carcassonne bigbox (fits everything carcassonne ever) and i still have plenty of foamboard left over.

also whats this ?
>>47314976
>>
>>47318356
they're holding off on releasing it so as to not spoil the Lantern Festival
>>
>>47318757
gencon
>>
>>47319125
>>47320135

i guess if they dont want my money il just get the rules and build a board.
>>
>>47318838
You have a lot to print out even for just the core game. I think there is a card-printing service online that lets you print fully custom-faced decks of cards, which might be cheaper in the long run than using your own printer, ink, and paper/printingstock. (also means you don't have to cut them)

You can also import the materials into Roll20. (Or if anyone wants, I can make dummy copies of my roll20 campaign and apply new GMs to it.)
>>
>>47320309
Dude ran out of stock, and is looking into solutions. Gencon is just the only current outlet that we know of.

If you really would buy a copy if it became avaliable then, maybe drop an email in their contact address, let poots know there's a demand that can be met via reprint. *shrug*
>>
>>47313196
i have been trying to download this for ages now.

i constantly get the "not enough browser space error" even though i have cleared my mega cookies. for some reason though every time i start up the cookies in setting the mega cookie shows back up at 3.6gB but when i click on it and check the local files it only gives me a few kb.
>>
>>47321354
Do you have the plugin installed, or are you trying to do pluginless download? (the latter being harder on some peoples' rigs)

What browser are you using?
>>
>>47321858
no plugin and chrome
>>
>>47320552
If you feel like it, that would be swell.
>>
>>47321950
The plugin can be installed via going to the Mega site and clicking in the top right Menu > Apps > Chrome Extension.
>>
Any Lion God hot tips? Our People of the Stars settlement is doing very well and we wanna take him on. Year 12 soon, but we hear he's super difficult.
>>
>>47322319
Lion God is the worst expansion with jackshit for worthwhile reward for it's difficulty and assreaming RNG expansion events.

He's difficult in not fun ways.
>>
>>47322496
what are the best expansions? I only have the core right now and have been wondering what to buy. Ive heard great things about the sunstalker one, but havent heard much about any others.
>>
>>47320681
Nah, better to bitch on 4chan about how all games should always be in stock forever because there might be 1 person who wants to buy it, and companies should always shoulder those costs.
>>
>>47322561
Dragon is easily top-tier.
Sunstalker not far behind.

DBK is generally in at least top 5 for most everyone.

Everything else is somewhere in between here.

Then you have Lion God, who only beats
Lonely Tree due to not being $60 for a fucking piece of scenery.(though some would argue that Lonely Tree is better if not for being able to be a fun way to change encounters, and for coming with a pinup. It's price is really what hurts it the most, though)
>>
>>47323308
To add on, Gorm comes with a lot of cool looking stuff that's also good, and it's also a fun fight. AND it comes with a pinup. However, the Gorm itself is a rather ugly model from both a design and technical standpoint. The baby face simply isn't really disturbing and the forlegs are horribly modeled, especially how they connect to the hands.

I know Poots really likes his Gorm, but its model needs at least a technical makeover, if not at least some minor adjustments to the base design itself.
>>
>>47322319
He's worth fighting exactly once for the necromancer eye headband, and for the innovation he gives you.

Beyond that is diminishing returns. It is safer to craft a bunch of picks and mine for ore if you want iron.

As mentioned by another anon, I'd rank it just above the tree in value. Which is a shame, because I like the model.
>>
>>47323308
>>47322561

My opinion of Expansions

> Dragon King
Comes with a cool giant model, 6 survivors, and a full alternate campaign that's got a good theme to it

>Dung Beetle Knight
Poots clearly loved this, with a good model, great fight, cool events, etc.

>Lion Knight
I think it's amazing. I LOVE the model and his custom base and the stage battle is weird, fascinating, and beautifully thematic. On the other hand, Lion Knight is an uber-nemesis you can only face three times (plus L3 losses). I am unreasonably fond of this one for how much/little it adds.

>Flower Knight
The fight is upper tier, and the flower mechanics are rather fascinating. I'm quite happy with it.

>Sunstalker
I'm not a fan of the model, I'm not a fan of the People of the Sun... but it does have the same content bulk as the Dragon King, which is worth a lot

>Spidicueles
Weird fight, nice mid level quarry, freaky and fascinating model... It's a nice solid xpac, but not special.

>Gorm
The Gorm has a lot to offer a campaign, but two big problems: the model is ugly as sin, and not in the way I like out of horror as with the Spider; and Gorm Climate. If it had a kickass model it would be up with the knights

>Slenderman
A Nemesis, replaces Kingsman with something more interesting. Poots went the extra mile to make it not just a meme monster.

>Lion God
Well, at least it's a quarry.

>Manhunter
He has good points, but is to me a rather unimpressive nemesis

>Lonely Tree
I'm of two minds about the tree. On one hand, it's $75 for a hunk of terrain and a pinup. On the other hand, it's a very pretty hunk of terrain that can also be a rare challenge mode scenario. I might go for it if I need terrain for Frostgrave of something as well as getting the KDM Value

>Green Knight Kit
It's two (admittedly very intricate) survivor models and a gear set you will never complete that needs almost all the other expansions to even try. On the other hand it's $25 which in KD Dollars is dirt cheap.
>>
>>47312006
Acanthus Doctor build. You need manhunter and flower knight to get the build all set up.

With some luck and planning, you might be able to get ageless on a green savior, and nominate them as the health conscious survivor. If you get the secret fighting art on them from the necrotoxic mistletoe event, their tank powers just hit hyperdrive.
>>
File: 1460016996716.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1460016996716.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>47324763
The image in question, for those of you that haven't seen it.
>>
>>47318041
I can't be bothered to check the slender book, but you're retarded and wrong. Says right at the top of the manhunter encounter in bold no less that you do departing survivors.

Learn to read properly before you pretend to be an authority.
>>
>>47324905
This build is so impressive.
>>
>>47324905
Does the Sickle count as a weapon?
>>
>>47324763
Alternativley, you could go with any survivor with Story of the Invisible Hair since build has no armor, getting the evasion off that as well as the tool belt giving you 7 str, 10 to all HLs, and 8 evasion to be hit pretty much only on 10s and take plenty of them.

And then you try to tank the flower knight and he pulls Exterminate and takes your head.
>>
>>47324763
>>47324905
Thanks mate. I couldn't figure it out because the person who did the photo shots of expansion content neglected to include any of the secret fighting arts.
>>
>>47325545
It doesn't, since it has Tool instead of the Weapon tag. Which is fine, because toolbelt makes the Sickle pretty damned wicked.

Shields, however, are Weapons which is why you can't abuse those for this build.
>>
>>47325583
Yes, but ageless is the better option by far for a green savior. That way they don't evaporate after a few hunts, and you can keep the tank going after all the work abd luck you put in to get it. Plus, ageless lets you choose not to gain hunt xp, so you can still get several age milestones for +1 evasion each, and get the 3 evasion that you would from leyline walker.
>>
>>47325398
It's pretty nuts. Sadly, we didn't have pottery/sculpture when the event rolled around, even though we rolled high enough to get it otherwise. Tempted to make a second bow to try for it again.
>>
>>47328031
Do it, that survivor would be nearly unstoppable.
>>
File: 20160427_062033-2.jpg (3 MB, 2064x2422) Image search: [Google]
20160427_062033-2.jpg
3 MB, 2064x2422
I'm interested in seeing your guys painted minis, post em!

Pic related is my Storm Knight, I changed a few things but not currently at home to update pic.
>>
>>47330074
I have attached a picture of all of the Kingdom Death minis I've painted.
>>
File: manhunter lottery.jpg (181 KB, 950x768) Image search: [Google]
manhunter lottery.jpg
181 KB, 950x768
On the fence about Manhunter since I like the Acanthus Doctor build.

How brutal is he on a scale of prologue lion to kingsman?
>>
>>47330131
Keep up the good work.
>>
>>47292737
It's a small enough business that he can't afford to have a mountain of extra stock sitting around, I assume.
>>
Is there a difference between Kingdom Death and Kingdom Death:Monster? Is KD just the line of optional minis you can buy and use in the KDM boardgame to add flair and/or use in other games? For example, I'm talking all the lewd and weird minis like the monster made of tits and all the skimpy-clothed women and whatnot.
>>
>>47331199
KD is the entire series, composing of the setting and lore.

KDM is the current boardgame.

KD products have no associated rules for KDM or other future games(yet) but things like pinups and promos can certainly be used in KDM as alternative models for Survivors. Otherwise, people get them for display or for converting them for use for other games, like Warhammer40k or such.
>>
>>47331265
Thank you for the explanation.
>>
>>47331265
Has anyone converted KD stuff for 40K? I'd like to see for what
>>
>>47324626
Is the Slenderman xpac actually good? Seemed lackluster at first glance.
>>
>>47332880
the famous one is the wet nurse for GD of slannesh. but its maximum neckbeard cringe.
>>
Is the Dragon King already sold out?
Are there plans of reruns of the expansions?
Or should I panick and buy every expansion now before it is too late?
>>
>>47335468
there are no guarantees on anything. One of the quotes posted above made it sound like poots is going to occasionally try to gauge interest on reprints of things, but he appears to be doing the wise thing and not taking the popularity of his expensive niche nerdy game for granted, so there's never going to be a massive overdose of stock. If there are reprints it'll be a while til they happen. If there's anything you can't live without, buy it now.
>>
>>47335468
Dragon King sold out in the US within two hours and internationally lasted less than a day.
>>
Do immortal survivors just die when encountering a "spend survival or die" event?
>>
>>47337978
According to Rule of Death, I believe so. Even if its the prize of the disorder deck, it's still a disorder.
>>
>>47335468
I'd play it safe with all tye expansions except Lion God and the Tree. Those two are reasonably safe from the buyout panic.
>>
If I had the spending money, I'd buy expansions just to scan the cards and such.
>>
>>47286458
Tabletop sim has a plug-in you can try first. It's okay but not worth printing all those models in my opinion. The designers didn't do any math for this game. You'll see what I mean when you start rolling on tables to roll on another table and so on.
>>
File: KD Fighter color.jpg (255 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
KD Fighter color.jpg
255 KB, 600x960
>>47313196
As an additional meager token of gratitude, I finished your request and colored her too. Thanks again for sharing and not adding to the circle jerk this thread was becoming.
>>
Note that Poots is STILL shipping Spiders with the wrong legs.

Bravo China.
>>
>>47341216
>Poots

They're coming straight from China, it's not him.
>>
>>47337978
Yes. Immortal merely makes you take all other damage as brain damage when insane. "Do [X] or die" isn't damage, it's just a conditional effect that you either meet or die from failing to meet.
>>
>>47341100
That looks great!
>>
>>47330074
Does nobody paint their figures?
>>
>>47344779
Honestly, I don't want to ruin them.
>>
>>47330478
Butcher equivalent. He doesn't have any battle pressure effects but being doomed each gun action sucks. Also keep in mind that you fight him in special showdowns that interrupt the settlement stage so you may not always be properly prepared. The penalties for bitching out and sending some schmucks to die to him are kind of steep too, unlike the Kingsman and Butcher.

The fighting arts you get from him are boss though. Abyssal Sadist is amazing.
>>
>>47344779
I'm working on it but
a) I'm not great, to put it mildly.
b) I've only gotten to few of the game pieces: Starting Survivors, Lion, Antelope, and was brought to my knees by trying to get the rainbow phoenix I envisioned. I've done a fistfull of the pinups because frankly painting something like that is a good bit of stress relief but I don't think anyone really wants to see a "meh" tier rendition of the pinups.
>>
>>47344779
A lot of people are afraid of ruining them with their (personally) inadequate painting skills.

For the most part though, they look pretty decent in their unpainted state, since the light grey of the plastic isn't too dark or light, nor is it too glossy, so it doesn't have readability issues in light.
>>
>>47344779
My Storm Knight and Watcher are painted. Haven't gotten to anything else yet, and my flesh game is very weak, so I don't want to do my pinups.
>>
>>47341216
What spiders? You mean Spidicules?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.