[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Next MtG block is Kaladesh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: EN_KLD_ProductHeader.jpg (523 KB, 1920x1120) Image search: [Google]
EN_KLD_ProductHeader.jpg
523 KB, 1920x1120
http://magic.wizards.com/en/content/kaladesh-information

I feel like I knew this already
>>
>Artifact supremacy - the set
Goddamit.
>>
Neat.
>>
So the Egyptian Plane predictions were everyone talking out their asses as usual. Good to know.
>>
>>47282445
But that's not Mirrodin
>>
>>47282445
The second set is called Aether Revolt, which kind of implies it won't last
>>
>>47282476
Mirrodin no longer exists. We need a new plane of broken artifacts, because New Phyrexia is a plane of broken and infuriating mechanics in general, not just artifacts.
>>
Oh boy, more shitty draft chaff, more shitty mechanics like Support or Investigate.
>>
>>47282557
Eh, investigate is fine, and SOI has been pretty fun to draft so far.
Support can burn, though.
>>
>>47282501
That's what you get when you purge magic users...
I personally want an ether magacorp.
>>
>>47282431
POO IN THE LOO
>>
>implying there won't be contraptions in this set
>>
>>47282671
i love and hate this fucking meme
>>
>>47282431
>just built a jank nephilim thopter edh deck a couple weeks ago
>4 color commander and block featuring the best plane for thopters announced today
I'm in my happy place
>>
>>47282707

I wish I could go to your happy place too, for me this is a pain I keep wanting every new set to be trash so I don't have to even consider putting new cards in my commander decks and modifying and playtesting and I'm already getting a headache just thinking about it and my stomach hurts too.
>>
>>47282753
An artifact set basically guarantees we're gonna get a colorless commander. That narrows the options for them, right?
>>
>>47282431
While am certainly looking forward two this set this does mean two things I am not happy with, one tireless tracker will not go down in price if not might go up which sucks for me since I need two playsets. And second get ready for inclusiveness the plane, because looks like Chandra and the villains will be the only thing white on the plane, and I ain't talking about mana
>>
>>47282753
but anon, commander is a casual format :^)
>>
>>47282675

Will this mean the return of colored artifacts?

My rock-hard penis says yes.
>>
Pick up your Steamflogger Bosses now

:^)
>>
>>47282783
>implying it's not just gonna be desi I, Robot

Are you that afraid of some not-white people taking the spotlight?
>>
>>47282431
Brown Kaladesh girl is qt.

... do I have to turn in my /pol/ card?
>>
>>47282783
>Chandra
>white

Anon, she's red :^)
>>
>>47282841
Since I'm a studied phrenologist I can say that her head looks more Caucasian than Indian.
>>
>>47282841
Turning in your /pol/ card is a good thing, anon.
>>
>>47282858
Her skin doesn't, though
>>
>>47282884
You can alter skin color but not the shape of your skull.
>>
>>47282858
>>47282884
Well that's the only way you can make an attractive brown person :^)
>>
Fuck most of the people in this thread, I am hype as shit for kaladesh. Also chandra is my waifu, so looking forward to the potential that she gets some actual spotlight.
>>
Gilded Machine India isn't PARTICULARLY interesting, but i'll hold my breath, maybe this will be good.

it at last doesn't have the "return set" sword of Damocles hanging over it. because every single time they have failed to capture the old glory, with Return to Mirrodin being the only exception (it was actually BETTER than OG)
>>
>>47282917
Nigger are you high.
RTR was pretty fucking excellent
>>
File: Pia and Kiran.jpg (80 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Pia and Kiran.jpg
80 KB, 312x445
>>47282783
I gotta admit, I find it extremely weird that they chose Chandra "red haired lily white chick" as the one from the vaguely Indian plane.

It's not too egregious, but it does look a little stretchy. Like they literally couldn't wait to be more PC and HAD to introduce this place as soon as possible rather than just waiting until it would seem less weird.

I mean, look at these two. There is not a drop of Chandra in either of them.
>>
File: gyw0ifl.png (343 KB, 494x596) Image search: [Google]
gyw0ifl.png
343 KB, 494x596
>>47282858
>studied phrenologist
Pseudoscience is to Gender Studies what Gender Studies is to a real focus of study.
>>
>>47282466
Literally no one is saying that Egypt was going to be the next set. It's just the most likely culture Wizards is going to choose next for when they decide to base another set on ancient civilizations.

Does Kaladesh look like it's based on anything in real life to you?
>>
THOPTERS
H
O
P
T
E
R
S
>>
>>47282935
except for dragon's maze
>>
Interesting, saturday my friend was talking about wanting an artifact based set again he loved old mirrodin, hated scars Guess he got his wish. As for myself I don't really care as long as the cards are fun.
>>
we wuz poo in loo n' shieet
>>
>>47282988
>tfw you realize party walker will be out of standard by then
>>
>>47282935
I dunno man, RTR was pretty shit to me.
They didn't continue the "can't be countered" cycle for the other 5 guilds, they all but killed some of the maze runners just to force them into an all rare cycle rather than splitting them between rare and mythic as they originally intended, some of the new mechanics were absolute shit or way overcosted, and there just wasn't the intrigue of the original Ravnica block.
>>
>>47282988
I'm praying for a legendary thopter
>>
>>47282976
Anime will make your brain shrink. This is a science fact.
>>
>>47282935
RTR was simply passable, it had many shit mechanics and beyond commander purposes the set boiled down to "Blue White.dek" because nothing in the set could possibly overshadow the fucking Azorious shit.
>>
>>47283008
AIRSHIPS
>>
>>47283007
like fucking Cipher, not a single one was playable in standard.
>>
>>47282431
>>47282988
This place would be a great target for Phyrexian infiltration.

Just saying.
>>
File: boss.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
boss.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
>>47282675
>>47282827

This is a shitty card and a shitty meme. I mean, look at this fucking disaster. It's an aberration. Cards like this should never get any support.

>le assemble le contaptions
>>
File: Magic in Egypt.png (125 KB, 1621x365) Image search: [Google]
Magic in Egypt.png
125 KB, 1621x365
>>47282466
Yeah, and that anon was really sure of himself.
>>
>>47283038
It's just reasonable speculation for an artifact plane, not everything has to be a meme you redditlord.
>>
Who's ready for shitty Chandra "character development"
>>
>>47283038
>no contraptions

You know, this is hilarious from a flavor standpoint of 'WHAT THE FUTURE OF MAGIC COULD BE' but it's frustrating because whatever the fuck Contraptions are, this sounds good for them.
>>
>>47283075

>assembling contraptions is a reasonable speculation for any new set

You're fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>47283031
Phyrexia, or anyone else, cannot leave their plane, the mending made it impossible.

not to mention the New Phyrexians ain't shit compared to the old, and even THEY failed to invade dominaria.
>>
>>47283055
Everyone just wanted to believe.

The good thing is that Wizards now knows everyone really wants an Egyptian block. So we're bound to see it soon-ish at the latest. Maybe they already have it in the pipeline.
>>
>>47282984
>Does Kaladesh look like it's based on anything in real life to you?

Looks like Persian architecture with some fantasy fiddly bits on it. Kaladesh also sounds Sanskrit-ish,
>>
>>47283096
Did you read only the first four words of my post? This set is very obviously going to be full of artifacts, it's described as the plane of imagination, invention, and ingenuity, how could Riggers possibly feel out of place in a plane like this?
>>
>>47283109
In venser's journal, there's instructions on how to build devices that open gates between planes like the ones old phyrexia used without having spark ex machina.
>>
>>47283109
I'm not exactly versed in mtg lore, but isn't there that thing called Infinite Consortium that allows people to travel from plane to plane?
>>
>>47282431
So, this is the Indian Mythology plane? Neat.
>>
>>47283215
I think the infinite consortium is just like the planeswalker illuminati? or an illuminati that involves planeswalkers and/or works for nicol bolas? they don't actually chunk people from plane to plane, they just find people that can do that anyway.

the real point against >>47283109 is that phyrexia was brought back ostensibly because they wanted it to continue being one of the big bads of the magic universe. setting aside the fact that that's stupid and terrible, they can't really threaten the multiverse if they are never capable of interacting with the rest of the multiverse, so obviously something happens somehow that is going to give them access to other planes. otherwise new phyrexia is just literally the worst thing wotc has ever done to magic for no reason.
>>
>>47283215
It's more like an interplanar Silk Road association. Buyers and sellers from the Multiverse exchange goods, and planeswalkers carry them around.
>>
>>47282431
So we go from grimdark to sandnigger shit. I just came back to Magic, now I have to leave again.
>>
>>47283256
They will succeed in gathering Venser's information on how to build portals.
>>
>>47283290
or tezzeret will give them nicol bolas' magical planeswalking mcguffin or karn will do something that ruins everything because karn isn't allowed to have nice things or it doesn't matter how. they're going to hop planes at some point because otherwise they're irrelevant.
>>
File: aladdin.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
aladdin.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>47283288
But MtG has had sandniggers since 1993
>>
>>47283330
Karn shouldn't be allowed to touch fucking ANYTHING.

the Golem has, over its long lifetime, killed BIILLIONS of people due to his fuckups tied directly to actions and choices he made.

we had a 6 set catastrophe where he caused Dominaria to fall into complete and utter fucking ruin (and this was the last we ever saw of it outside Time Spiral) because he sent a fucking PROBE there, for no GOD DAMN REASON and built it with magical wish granting powers.
>>
>>47283288
India isn't sandy, retard.
>>
>>47283374
/pol/ ain't known for brains.
>>
For a second I though this is Netrunner thread, their latest set is also about shitskin nations.
>>
>>47283374
India does have deserts but it isn't predominantly sandy.
>>
chick in op is planswalker

http://wizardsmagic.tumblr.com/post/144454051746/saheeli-rai-is-our-newest-planeswalker-her-name
>>
Sure is /pol/ in here.
>>
>>47283401

India has everything.
>>
>>47283414
>can't be used as my Commander

Sadness.
>>
>>47283414
>QT Brown Planeswalker

About time.
>>
>>47283430
>commander has stupid rules
whoa shit
>>
>>47283430
>not playing Archmage
Well there's your problem.
>>
>The other big difference about Planeswalker Decks is that there's going to be five cards in each that won't be found in the expansion, but that will be considered connected to that block for Standard legality (meaning Planeswalker Decks will be playable in Standard).
>A new rare and uncommon in each that cares if you have the walker.

I don't even know anymore.
>>
>>47283414
will be Izzet, they give it away (the main colors of Kaladesh in Origins were Izzet) and her dress colors cement this.

Wizards are fairly huge sticklers for color coding their cards.
>>
>>47283478
its for beginners, all the cards, even the walker, will be made intentionally shit, they even say exactly this in the article, in WOTC speak of course though.
>>
>>47283422
except toilets
>>
>>47283478
They're getting rid of the intro pack rares in the actual set. So no more shitty overcosted rare creatures you won't even first pick in Limited. REJOICE
>>
>>47283504
Nope, they have toilets too. Yes, the Western kind of toilets.
>>
>>47283513
they make good ones sometimes, Pia and Kiran and Dwynen.
>>
Dear Wizards,
Please, stop making new one-block planeswalker waifu every block.
With love,
Me
>>
>>47283519
oh I know that, they just shit in the streets because they can, then they go bath in that insane river full of corpses and shit.
>>
>>47283532
we'll still get cycles of creatures, but now we won't get that shitty cycle like in SOI where all of them are 7 drops and I don't want any of them particularly for my rare.
>>
>>47283550
>please stop

So you'd like more Jace in every block?
>>
>>47283570
It doesn't stop Jace anyway.
>>
>Fat packs had a price hike with only one extra booster to show for it
>We've gone from 5 intro decks across the colours, that suit a variety of new player preferences and playstyles, to 2 intentionally shit Planeswalker Decks that will burn new players when they don't get to play their shitty walker, and get stomped by good decks.
>>
>>47283550
Has arlinn done anything other than try to say the cursemute is oppression and werewolves should just be free to kill whatever they want?
>>
>>47283551
Because the majority are poor and uneducated. Doesn't change the fact that those who have houses generally have bathrooms as well. This is probably the weakest meme that /int/ and /pol/ push.
>>
>>47283552
>all of them are 7 drops
Look, I second your sentiments, but at least check your facts before posting.
>>
>>47283570
What has Jace even done in Shadows over Innistrad besides disguise himself poorly and chase after Tamiyo?

JaceXTamiyo OTP
>>
>>47283497
honestly I'm excited to have weaker walkers around for a weaker cube.
>>
>>47283621
Jace is practically the main character of SOI.

Most of the UR stories have revolved around him trying to find out whats going on in Innistrad. Even characters like Sorin or Avacyn haven't had as much exposure.
>>
>>47283596
>suit a variety of new player preferences and playstyles
what preferences and playstyles revolve around shitty block mechanics no one wants to build a deck around outside of limited? into decks had maybe one or two worth trying to make into a read deck and the rest were pushing limited chaff in a constructed deck
>Decks that will burn new players when they don't get to play their shitty walker, and get stomped by good decks.
this is much worse than decks that don't have a planeswalker and get stomped by good decks all the time because intro decks have always been shit on the power curve
>>
>>47283599
doesn't take an educated man (or beast) to know not to shit where you live or swim in the river of death.

this harks to a cultural problem, India's Culture is simply shit, and endorses shit practices... literally.
>>
>>47282431
Well, at least it technically isn't another return set.

And the plane is actually pretty low-magic in general apart from the machines, which could be interesting.
>>
>>47283180
They also have venser's corpse to reanimate right? Or was that ruled out?
>>
>>47283621
I thought the new UR had Tamiyo thinking about her children at one point.

Also you have shit taste.
>>
>>47283652
Yeah, and imagine if those stories had actually followed the viewpoint of someone who was doing someone instead of the guy 2 steps behind
>>
>>47283652
to be fair, he hasn't actually done much in those stories other than disguise himself and chase after tamiyo.
>>
>>47283652
Yes, but has he actually DONE anything? The story might focus on him but I'd argue that Nahiri and Tamiyo are more important to the plot. Also, what are Chandra and Gideon doing this whole time?
>>
>>47283676
why would they have his corpse? Karn has it.
>>
>>47282431
DESIGNATED SHITTING STREET
>>
>>47283599
And the elected officials who think bathrooms are for witches and they destroy toilets before they can be cursed? Are they poor and uneducated too?
>>
>>47283369
Huh, so many bits of lore elude me. I played mostly around Odyssey/Onslaught and I still didn't know the Mirari was a Karn probe.
>>
>>47283689
>>47283686
he isn't there to do anything, Jace, in this set, is there to witness the events and we witness them by proxy.

and duh, Nahiri is the most important plot character for literally the entirety of magic right now, in its current plotline.

and chandra nd Gideon are cleaning up on Zendikar.
>>
>>47283670
>doesn't take an educated man (or beast) to know not to shit where you live or swim in the river of death.

>What is pre-public health industrial Europe
Sorry no Indians or anyone are not born loving shit as part of their culture, happy as that would make you.
>>
>>47283670
>River of Death

The Ganges water originally had medicinal properties. It's just heavily polluted due to people spreading ashes in it.
>>
>>47283677
she brought stories home to share with her family, which included children. they may be hers, or they may be nieces, nephews, or siblings. soratami are bunny-folk.
>>
i hope the character in the op turns out to be transgender so anon REALLY shits himself
>>
>>47283689
Gideon probably went back to Ravnica to help out the Boros again, unless he's helping rebuild Zendikar.

Chandra probably is going to feature in this new block
>>
>>47283497
>>47283596
>>47283669
What noone has mentioned yet is that the decks contain 2 copies of a rare, that TUTORS for the fucking walker. If you dont think thats gonna see standard play you're dumb.
>>
>>47283691
Karn left in on the ground after he was revived. The only one who seemed to give half a shit was Elspeth and all she did was say "Boy, I'm sure glad that wasn't me".
>>
>>47283714
it was also eventually made into Memenarch.

yes, Karn is that stupid, and yes, that is why his plane was turned into Mirrodan. it was originaly Argentum.

Memenarch brought all the people to it, and it became Mirrodan, setting the stage for New Phyrexia's return.
>>
>>47282969
SLAVS
IN
MY
KALADEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>47283700
Corrupt officials who are attempting to keep the populace unhealthy and disorganized. Witches are literally not a thing in any form of Indian Culture.
>>
>>47283721
woah now, lets not forget the corpses, or the trash, or the shit.

especially the corpses, that river is so full of dead bodies that you are almost garunteed to get SOMETHING from swimming in it.

>>47283720

even in the fucking Dark Ages no one shit in the fucking streets.

and even if they did, that was the Dark Ages, India has no excuse.
>>
>>47283670
Yes, it literally does. Why do you think the disease rates were so goddamn high in Europe throughout the Middle Ages?
>>
>>47282969
>There is not a drop of Chandra in either of them.

I don't think thats how biology works, anon.
>>
>>47283737
the Walker has to be good, first, and it was told to us, specifically they were making it "not good".

we don't play fucking Call the Gatewatch either, anon.
>>
>>47283288
Yay
>>
>>47283737
The tutor only looks for the specific card that comes with the deck. You can't use the card in the Chandra deck to find Chandra, Flamecaller, only Chandra, Casual Jank.

Also, the article specifically says they're trying to make these walkers interesting but not strong enough that competitive players want them. That's not to say they won't fuck up and make one that's good enough for Standard, but based on the available information, there's no reason the walker or the card that tutors for it will see any Standard play.

Hell, we already have Call the Gatewatch, and no one plays that.
>>
>planechase anthology
fuck yeah
>>
>>47283737
it tutors for the specific named card, they'd only see heavy standard play if that one copy of the walker is dominant. given that they're supposed to be splashy and expensive, that's less likely (not impossible, but less likely) plus the tutor spell is only one less mana, so also relatively expensive and less attractive to include just to fetch a walker.

it's only going to be an issue if they really flub the power level of these effects, which is totally possible but should be something they're thinking about when designing them.
>>
>>47283779
>even in the fucking Dark Ages no one shit in the fucking streets.

No, they just emptied their bedpans out onto the streets instead and shat in the river that everyone drank from.

>that was the Dark Ages, India has no excuse.

What if I told you that the elected officials in India enjoy having an uneducated populace that they can lead around by the nose and keep plied with shitty movies and television?
>>
>>47283828
sounds like alot of shitty excuses for a place full of backwards customs that actively hurt the populace anyways.

the Ganges and its state is purely from Indian culture, and it is shit, and so is their Culture, they never fully recovered from gaining their freedom and it showed.

Ghandi would be heartbroken seeing them regress so.
>>
>>47282969

She could be adopted.
>>
>it isn't the Egypt set
>it isn't Vryn
>it is a new plane that doesn't feel like classic European fantasy
>it might be a chance for Chandra to grow a personality

Muxed feelings.
>>
>>47283883
>A chance to finally give red aggro a good walker.
>>
>>47283911
Atleast Tibalt dresses fresh.
>>
>New setting is Poo In Loo Plane
Can't wait to see brown mages on every card- funny how multiculturalism is only demanded in majorly white settings
>>
>>47283859
Agreed. Which is why so many of the educated people are leaving.
>>
>>47283883
But anon, Chandra does have a personality. She's sassy and perky and independent and short-tempered and she likes burning things. If you say that's just a bunch of unconnected personality quirks that barely even add up to one dimension, you're clearly a misogynist gamergater who just needs to get laid.
>>
>>47283010
Maybe so, but a phrenologist will be too distracted by your glorious Aryan skull-bumps to notice, and declare you a certified genius anyway.
>>
If it's inspired by Indian Mythology, how many Legendaries capable of Soloing Planeswalkers are we going to get?

Hoping for a Brahmastra Artifact.
>>
>>47283513
Yeah, that's unlikely.
>>
>>47283038
I want a future in which Steamflogger Boss is banned from Modern for being overpowered.
>>
>>47283374
>India

That is literally 500 times worse. We will be tapping lands called "Designated Shitting (Land)".

Creatures with "This creature can not attack or block unless you control a "Designated Shitting (Land)".

Counter target instant or sorcery, If the manage payed for this spell was paid with Shitting mana, counter target spell.

It will be the shittiest set since Homelands.
>>
>>47283997
loxodon walker
>>
>>47283758
Wow. Not bad. That's like, 0.8 to 0.9 on the Nissa scale of planeswalker fuckups.

> Reminder that Ixidor will never walk the planes
And he made such a perfect waifu in Akroma too.
>>
>>47284004

Then you're what's wrong with Magic.
>>
>>47284014
India as based on its Mythology Anon.
>>
>>47283026
God that sucks. Cipher was a pretty cool idea but it was just so shit.
>>
>>47284039
bitch Karn makes Nissa's fuck ups look tame, they fixed the shit she did in months time.

Karn fucked a plane forever, Karn is the reason Gerard lost the love of his life, Karn is the reason the Weatherlight couldn't have stopped Yawgmoth earlier, without having to use the Legacy weapon, which ended Urza and Gerard's life.

Karn is the reason Dominaria is a fucking Super-duper post Apocalypse wasteland with nothing but pit fighting and bullshit going on right now.

billions of people have suffered and died at Karn's fuckups, literal billions.
>>
>>47284014
*rolls eyes*
>>
>>47284095
xD
>>
>>47284088
>Karn is the reason the Weatherlight couldn't have stopped Yawgmoth earlier, without having to use the Legacy weapon, which ended Urza and Gerard's life.
you wut?
>>
>>47284115
XD
>>
>>47284088
And they thought the cabal was bad.
By the way, since you seem to know your lore, what was the thing again that made Jeska into Phage? Not gonna ask about her brother's change of heart though because we don't talk about these things.
>>
>>47284148
generic Cabal corruption, I think a Deathwurm was involved. her insane power was her Spark in action.

Jeska is, canonically the strongest walker to ever exist.

>>47284117
Karn was a pacifistic, at many times in the story this utterly, utterly fucked everyone.
>>
>>47283599
>/int/ and /pol/ meme

I hope you know it spawned because the UN literally made a video that says poo in the loo
>>
>>47283597
No, she's legit irrelevant to the plot of Innistrad, and is just there to "balance out" the PW lineup in SOI
>>
>>47283677
Maybe she's a single mother.
>>
>>47283686
>the viewpoint of someone who was doing someone

Anon, I'm not sure MtG is ready for a POV porn set. Although goddamn I'd like to see it.
>>
Will they finally defeat the loo witch?
>>
>>47284095
>>47284115
>>47284141
>Indians will literally shit anywhere

So, the stories are true.
>>
>>47284181
karn being a pacifist had nothing to do with being able to stop yawgmoth. didn't he give upon pacifism right near the start of invasion? he wasn't going to robot punch yawgmoth into submission at that point.

I mean, he totally bones the crew on rath when he was in full pacifism mode, but during the invasion he was doing what he could, everything just sucked at that point.
>>
>>47284181
Not bad for a 3/1 initiative haste pinger... Wait, hold on a minute. She has a spark? And is stronger than Nicol fucking Bolas? I thought she had just a basic run as a ultra darkbad evil woman before fusing with Ixidor's waifu and accomplishing nothing of worth while slivers ruined everything.
>>
>>47284181
>Jeska is, canonically the strongest walker to ever exist.
[citation needed]

I sincerely doubt this. The unnamed draconic planeswalker that created OG Phyrexia was stated to have actually *built the entire plane*, not like Karn's "found a hole in space, put stuff in it" Argentum.

Additionally, Nicol Bolas the oldwalker was phenomenally powerful and probably outstripped Jeska.
>>
>>47284207
Cause every mother's day needs a mother's night.
>>
Have the denizens in this plane been able to invent and use toilets at all? So far, it doesn't look like it.
>>
>New swamp art features a designated shitting street
>>
>>47284233
>>47284244

Jeska, at the height of her power after being taught shit by Karn, stopped the Planar Chaos fiasco and single handidly caused the Mending, using her might she altered the fabric of the multiverse and changed the nature of planeswalkers, taking their powers to heal it.

mind you, this was something that Nicol Bolas was positive that was legit impossible and told everyone as such, that it was fucked and he would totally help if there was literally anything, he, or they, could do to fix it.

so yes, for a brief moment in time, Jeska was the strongest being ever in magics history.
>>
>>47284233
Slivers never showed up in the novels. She was a chunk of both phage (plus a lot of darkbad evilsatan magic) and karona (plus an old barmaid and ixidor's waifu).
Karona was the embodiment of all of dominaria's magic, and fucked off to other planes for a bit before being convinced to return by two random rogue clone dudes ixidor made and discorporating.
The entire reason karona existed in the first place was three sorcerers who took the power of three primeval dragons got to warring and fucked up one of their number's resurrection gambit by writing their own names in.
>>
>>47282466

I figured as much but I still hoped

egyptian mythology is the coolest shit and I wanted them to make something good with that. knowing my luck it probably would be closer to kamigawa or something if they ever go through with it though.
>>
>>47284233
>jeska goes to find brother kamahl because wher he at
>mirari shit be cray-cray
>he nearly kills her
>seton, my centaur friend use your green magic to fix my sister
>suddenly braids
>cabal magic turns her into phage
>some weirdness where she's apparently pregnant with the incarnation of the god the cabal worships??
>phage + akroma + an old lady who never got a card but was a pretty okay character = karona
>crazy karona bullshit
>karona + mirari = jeska again because karn and sparks and bullshit
>karn takes jeska to argentum, shows her his cool barren metal planet, put the kirari in charge (since it is clearly a very responsible individual) and then they both fuck off to do planeswalker things
>later, timespiral, jeska sorta helps and is sorta a bitch, dies during the mending, because that's what the mending does to oldwalkers
>>
A bit excited, even if artifact blocks are kind of bleh.

I like the look of the plane though, so it'll be fun. And I've actually liked Chandra ever since Origins came out, so it'll be nice to see her take an active role.
>>
>>47283038
The weird thing about Steamflogger Boss is that by that phrasing, players don't assemble contraptions.
Creatures and probably other card types assemble contraptions, but Steamflogger Boss itself doesn't have "Cost: this assembles target contraption", proving that contraptions have the ability to be assembled.
Each contraption card potentially has room to specify which cards can assemble it and how. Depending on how it's phrased, assembling might be the most parasitic thing since splice onto arcane, or work with a wide variety of decks until the brand dies.
>>
Together we will defeat the toilet witch once and for all.
>>
>>47284228
lmao
>>
>>47284316
"Sorta" helps is an intresting way to put the actions of the person who cast the Mending Spell on the Multiverse.
>>
>>47283038
Now that I'm rereading this card for the first time in years "assembling a contraption" just sounds like a really poorly worded way to investigate.
>>
>>47284316
>the god the cabal worships
Actually an ancient wizard doing a crazy resurrection gambit, and proof you don't need a spark to fuck shit up.
Ixidor wandered out into the desert and became Lowalyn and also not at the same time because that's lowalyn's dealio, Kuberr had this whole sweet not dead but can eternal lie setup and reincarnated as Jeska and the patriarch's kid, and red guy whose name I can never fucking remember endlessly reincarnated as AN ENTIRE CITY FULL OF SOLDIERS MADE OF MOLTEN GLASS.
Also, they never even bothered retconning Kuberr ganking Nicol bolas and taking his power because the whole storyline got so crazy.
>>
>>47283445
Already have one
>>
There's so many new players that never saw a Planeswalker and have no idea how it works. And then they play against someone with it or get one from cracking a random pack and are super confused. So I think making a pack that gives them a shitty Planeswalker is good.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>47283414

kinda reminds me of someone else
>>
>>47284368
except she didn't. the mending wasn't a spell, it was the result of the temporal rifts being sealed. she was the last walker to seal the rifts, although before she did she attempted to turn radha inside out to do it, and still ended up giving up her spark and her life to accomplish it, just like freyalise and lord windgrace did. the only reason nicol wasn't going ti is because he realised closing even one rift was suicide, and he's not down for self-sacrifice. that's why he fed leshrac to the rift that was his personal responsibility.
>>
>>47284392
That's a hunk, not a qt.
>>
>>47282431
Does that art have a card? I was looking for that this morning
>>
>>47282557
fuck off investigate is fun as fuck
>>
>>47284385
>Also, they never even bothered retconning Kuberr ganking Nicol bolas and taking his power because the whole storyline got so crazy
I mean, karona talked to yawgmoth who is super for reals dead and I think serra too? the whole end of the storyline was a cluster fuck, it's probably for the best they don't retcon it, just because that would require revisiting the mess in the first place
>>
>>47283604
yeah I was mostly remembering the Nephalia moondrakes, my bad.
>>
>>47283414
+1 Send target creature to the loo it becomes exiled
-2 All creatures you control visit the designated shitting street they get +1/+1 and deathtouch until end of turn.
-8 Target player gets the bubonic plague a emblem that target player looses 1 life per turn, increasing by 1 every upkeep until the end of the game.
>>
>>47282915
It's gonna be cool. I can see them going to vryn too in the not too distant future
>>
>>47284244
Looks like someone needs to read the books
>>
>>47284244
Jeska far outstrips him.

also Nicol B was beat by a mortal, Foolish samurai warrior, and he didn't even fling him into the future, where his evil was LAW, before the final blow was struck.
>>
>>47284281
kek
>>
>>47284392
koth makes me gay
>>
>>47284436
Not yet, you`ll have to wait 4 to 5 months for that. They haven`t even spoiled any Eldritch Moon yet.
>>
>>47284316
Thanks. That helped.
To think Jeska was the first legend card I had. Second was Soyara the crazy bird lady because homelands boosters were cheap.
>>
>>47284563
>Kamigawa 2, set in the future.

>Tetsuo Umezawa's son is flung into the future, where Nicol Bolas's evil is law.

>Kamigawa is now Cyber-ized with full on laser katana's and Cyborg bunnies.

>Unnamed Umezawa has to find a way back to the past, to undo, that which is Bolas.
>>
>>47283783
You know what he means.

Two brown skinned dark haired people are incredibly unlikely to produce an extremely pale, red haired, freckled white girl. It just looks jarring when you have this entire plane of not-Indians, and then the planeswalker representing it looks like a typical freckled English waif.
>>
>>47284359
BUILD THE LOO

MAKE INDIA GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>47284563
Didn't he pull him into the mediation plane? That's sort of like flinging him in the future right?
>>
>>47284661
and then he died, and Tetsuo went on to be the most powerful man of his time and Nicol B was dead for a long time.
>>
>>47284651
We're going to build a Loo and MAKE PAKISTAN PAY FOR IT!
>>
>>47283414
Artifct Focused Planeswalker, maybe?
>>
>>47284648
It could be hear unignited spark fucking up her appearance. I mean, the only reason Chandra is ginger and had freckles out of universe is because she is a fire planeswalker. Maybe that is also true in universe.
>>
>>47284661
it's more like pulling him directly into his brain/soul, which seems a terribly vulnerable place to put someone trying to murder you. in nick's defense, i think technically umezawa chased him there.
>>
>>47284623
this is a better idea for a set than anything WoTC will ever think up in a lifetime.
>>
>>47284623
I'll take a Kamigawa 2: Godzilla vs Nicol Bolas. Even if it means we must have Jace, ace mecha pilot.
>>
>>47284701
fun fact, no official art has ever depicted chandra with freckles.
>>
>>47284686
those are always balanced, right?

right?

wrong.
>>
>>47284717
Does Jace really do anything anymore? Sure he's THERE for all the events but he doesn't really play a major part. Chandra was the one who killed Ulamog and Kozilek and everyone BESIDES Jace is playing a part in Innistrad.
>>
>>47284711

It's literally Samurai Jack: The Plane

so I agree, yes it's an amazing idea.

>>47284717

If Jace and the other superfriends were piloting a megazord I wouldn't even be upset.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 312x445
>>47284723
Oh right. So yeah, there you go. They could easily shift her skin tone.

She looks completely different on almost every card, so.
>>
>Poo in the loo memes will be in circulation for months
>/int/ and /pol/ will never truly leave

Just kill me now.
>>
>>47283137
Yea, so we'll see it in like 7 years.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 312x445
>>47284761
He did one important thing.
>>
>>47284723
Yeah.

It's generally Steve Argyle who draws her with freckles. It just so happens that he draws her best, even if he rarely gets to do card art for her, so that's how everyone sees her.

That said, she's still pretty clearly 0% Indian. There is absolutely no trace of her parents in her.
>>
>>47284761
>Does Jace really do anything anymore?
He went crazy, got his shit kicked in by Lilliana (Twice), stumbled around retracing Tamiyo's steps for months on end, and then he finds her, she fixes his crazy for him, and now they're both going to fucking die because two blue walkers jumped into combat with a Boros angel without a real plan. Except they won't, because Sorin will come in last second and resolve the plot for them.
>>
File: 635720559741130562.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
635720559741130562.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>47284845
Eh, it's probably coming next year or so. Remember that one of Liliana's demons DOES look very Egyptian.
>>
>>47284854
to be fair, the ENTIRE thing was his plane, everyone else but Gideon was fucking ready to bolt, and only Gideon's "Kamina" speech and Jace's half-baked plan actually got them there.

Jace was, fairly obviously, the most integral person in Zendikar 2, because Gideon had no idea how to beat them and only could rally people to do it.

without Jace's plan, none of the shit before it mattered.

also LOL Kiora almost fucking it up, and afterwards, walks away from everyone in grief and guilt.
>>
>>47284884
to be fair, Tamiyo is quite powerful with her Lore Magics.

she can, at least, fight something, unlike Jace.
>>
>>47284854
Jace was the best part of BFZ's story.

The tide caller story was kind of funny and Kiora was slightly less of a drag, but Jace going out to talk to Ugin (and seeing Ulamog) was the best thing outside of Nissa's Emotional Quest and Gideon Whips His Sural Back And Forth
>>
File: image.jpg (879 KB, 1082x1175) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
879 KB, 1082x1175
>>47284723
>>
>>47284946
>Tamiyo wanders around the planes, learning about them and collecting their lore
>She literally gets stronger by researching the obscure lore of new and weird worlds
I have never empathized with a walker as viscerally as I am right now, because she is exactly as Vorthos as I am.
>>
>>47284946
>shown doing amazing things dismissively in the card art.

>in reality gets his jaw broken by a single punch from a smug demon-walker.
>>
>>47284993
For the story-spells she had, is she just reading them or what
>>
>>47283445
>QT
>Brown
Pick one and only one
>>
>>47285004
Seems like she's previously memorized them and just needs to look at the scroll to refresh her memories and runs through the story again in her mind to cast the spell.
>>
>>47285004
she's remembering the events and basically casting "Story spells" such as "Kozelik's Return"
>>
>>47285043
Isn't the magic contained in the scrolls?
>>
>>47285060
no and yes.

Soratami can cast like that, so its her mana, infused with the power of the story/event, and her memory of it.
>>
>>47282501
Jesus you're dumb.

The Aether on that world is the name for the fuel for the machines. The ultra rich control it. An Aether Revolt would probably be a rebellion to gain control of it.
>>
File: file.png (622 KB, 923x350) Image search: [Google]
file.png
622 KB, 923x350
Why are Indians and NotIndians the ones with tech shit.
>>
>>47284767
>Their Zords are the soul cycle from M15
>Ugin_ is Rita Repulsa
>Each set culminates with them forming the Megazord and fighting a giant monster.
>>
>>47285108

because they're the ones running their customer service hotlines I guess?
>>
File: 1461029961912.jpg (56 KB, 514x498) Image search: [Google]
1461029961912.jpg
56 KB, 514x498
>>47284717
>>47284767
>Jace is reluctant to pilot the construct, but is also uniquely qualified to do because his mind magic gives him an unparalleled ability to synchronize mentally with the construct
>Chandra is fucking hyped to be piloting a construct like the ones she saw on her home plane, kicks ass and talks mad shit when Jace outperforms her in laboratory conditions
>Nissa is weird and aloof most of the time, but pilots out of a sense of duty
>Gideon and Jace play piano together
we NERV now
>>
>>47285108
Liberals idea of how India/Indians actually are, without ever confronting the reality

the reality is that its a shithole that chooses to be a shithole and the few smart people leave this shithole and hated it.
>>
>>47284686
>More planeswalker appropriation
We already have Tezzeret
>>
>>47282858

Indians have white facial structure with dark skin dummy
>>
>>47285117
Won't that just make the "power rangers" name even more prominent.

Though I guess the one wotc doesn't like is the Jacetice league
>>
>>47284854
>>47284923
Whatever did happen to Kiora? She was there as well, but I guess she never signed on for any oaths. What's up with that?
>>
>>47285095
Let me guess, the ultra rich that control the aether are all white?
>>
File: 1400133917524.jpg (64 KB, 620x803) Image search: [Google]
1400133917524.jpg
64 KB, 620x803
>>47285176
>>
>>47285176
Gideon and Jace are literally Kamina and Simon.
>>
>>47285191

What are you talking about, the only blue planeswalker is Jace. When Jace isn't on screen, the other planeswalkers should be asking "where's Jace?"
>>
>>47285176
This is the first time I've ever heard Nissa is best girl.
>>
File: did you seriously.jpg (338 KB, 598x800) Image search: [Google]
did you seriously.jpg
338 KB, 598x800
>>47282858
>>
>>47285200

of course it would but I love me some toku so if they just said "fuck it" and went full power rangers I'd be more accepting.
>>
>>47285176
>Gideon being Kaworu
No
>Nissa being Rei
That's an insult to Rei's character and personality

>>47285202
Can't care about anyone for more than set that isn't in the avengers.

Hell Arlinn was mentioned for a sentence at the end of one of the UR. She'll probably do something later on but wotc stopped pretending they care about characters a while ago
>>
>>47282431
Neat, India plane. Never done that before.

>>47282445
Oh come off of it, it's not like we haven't done sets like this before.

>>47282969
Given Chandra Nalaar's name, I always expected her to come from an India-themed plane from when she first showed up back in Lorwyn, although the artifacts are unexpected.

But "chandra" is just Hindi for "moon". Can't find out what "nalaar" might mean, but "nala" or "nalaa" is "tap".

India is a huge place with tons of distinct ethnicities anyway, and just because the plane is India-dominated doesn't mean that everywhere on it is India.

Heck, what if there's a reverse East India going on there and it was not!India who industrialized first, before not!Europe, and as a result its culture spread through the plane?

>There is not a drop of Chandra in either of them.

Eh, actually she looks a lot like her dad, except a redhead.
>>
>>47285202
she helped with the big plan, but when Nissa and Jace brought the Titans fully into Zendikar, and it looked grim, she freaked out and tried to use a wave to hit Nissa and Jace so that their spell would cease.

she though the Titans were about to consume Zendikar, however, Jace countered her spell and then Nissa mana-ramped Chandra.

afterward Kiora left the battle, guilt ridden that she almost fucked up.
>>
>>47285249
To be honest, I only stuck Gideon as Kawaru because I couldn't remember that other fellow's name who only piloted for like two episodes, and I'm not certain he would be the type to beat someone up after school anyway

>That's an insult to Rei's character and personality
>implying she had a personality
There's a commonality with Nissa right there
banter aside, seriously: Nissa have a personality?
>>
>>47284356
"Investigate."
>>
>>47285305
>>implying she had a personality
>There's a commonality with Nissa right there
thejoke.jpg

"Actual" Rei legitimately has more of a personality, but I was making a joke on the "new" one that shows up.

I don't remember the other guy's name either, but he dies in a possessed EVA and that's about all he does.
>>
>>47284946
She probably also knows karate or something.

Tamiyo us way better than Jace as a Blue Walker
>>
>>47285366
don't you mean.. Carrote?
>>
File: 1451170341158.jpg (26 KB, 473x415) Image search: [Google]
1451170341158.jpg
26 KB, 473x415
>>47285021
Wrong: the Post.
>>
>>47284984
Looks more like she's got bad skin than freckles. Her cheeks seem to be textured the same way as her forehead (which is clearly freckle-less), but with a darker hue that starts right at the top of her nose.
>>
>>47284356
However you assemble Contraptions it probably has something to do with a creature's Power, since otherwise there really isn't a reason to give Riggers +1/+0.
>>
>>47285366

Tamiyo is seriously my favorite walker and the fact that we'll never see her again after this disheartens me
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.