[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Draw your gaming group (and noticeable accessories)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89
File: 1348705517269.png (85 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
1348705517269.png
85 KB, 1035x630
The game
>>
File: weeoo.png (871 KB, 2880x1464) Image search: [Google]
weeoo.png
871 KB, 2880x1464
weehaw
>>
File: We play Edge of the Empire btw.png (158 KB, 1064x786) Image search: [Google]
We play Edge of the Empire btw.png
158 KB, 1064x786
an old one, but sort of applies
>>
>>47281686
Oh come on - reposting the fucking Shy-Chan image four years later. What the fuck was this meant to accomplish?
>>
>>47282339
baiting fish with a vaginocentric example of the matter in discussion?
>>
File: 17wub9i9lw95yjpg.jpg (2 MB, 1227x840) Image search: [Google]
17wub9i9lw95yjpg.jpg
2 MB, 1227x840
Can't draw on mobile, but the gist:

Old Players
>Sharp Cheddar
Called such for his love of cheese and minmaxing. He's actually quite a proficient roleplayer, but all of his character ideas are fucking insane. Insists on bringing his own cheap teabags to session, despite my vastly superior selection of loose-leaf teas. Currently playing a druid, who was formerly a doorknob but turned into a human by a mischievous wizard.

>Childhood Friend
This guy is all over the map. He tends to be pretty good at roleplaying, but he almost always plays lawful-uncooperative characters, both good and evil. Even his evil characters often wind up being some of the most classically heroic in the party. Often works on comp eng homework at the table. Currently playing a lawful evil warlock seeking to take over the world.

>Hard as Nails
She's been dragged through every failed campaign I've tried running for the last 4 years and still comes back for more. Exclusively plays different flavours of "bad bitch" regardless of setting: hard-nosed xenobotanist, Mexican necromancer princess-in-exile, tough as nails Dornish rogue. Has a nasty habit of getting distracted by her phone and dating me . Currently playing a Drow carnie turned monk with a penchant for throwing rocks.

New Players
>The "Hero"
A high school friend of mine and the Old Players. His characters all tend to look like the classic heroic leader archetype, but through poor in and out of character decisions, and the group's natural habitat of factionalization, largely goes ignored. Is the first to try to mediate and always has a joke on hand. Currently playing a Dwarf paladin, has nearly died at least four times in the last two sessions.
>>
>Me

Usually DM, mostly because at school nobody else knew the rules. Have a bad habit of losing impetus in campaigns and letting them die off.

>NOBODY ELSE
I live away from uni, so I know of nobody else who really wants to give anything a go - and I'd only end up as a DM again. No oWoD for me

why live
>>
>>47282494
>baiting fish with a vaginocentric example of the matter in discussion?
Correct.
>>
File: hubbahubba.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
hubbahubba.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>47282871
>Roommate
Despite being new to TTRPGs, this guy is very proficient with the genre (probably owing to his extensive experience with RPG vidya). He is pretty quiet when it comes to interacting with NPCs, and the more bombastic members of the party end up drowning him out more often than not. Currently playing a druid who spends pretty much every turn casting guidance on team mates. I don't think he's ever used his sword.

>Roommate's Girlfriend
She's the least familiar with roleplaying games out of the group, but is pretty well versed in fantasy. Despite this, she ended up building an incredibly optimized dex fighter. Like Roommate, she's very quiet when it comes to interaction, but a recent fiasco has led her to being much more vocal on her character's interests. Has outlandishly bad luck with the dice, which she fluffs as her character being very patient. Currently playing a high elf dex fighter that tanks better than the paladin.

>Forever GM
Used to spend hours on homebrew settings and adventures, but has given up on it due to four years of running a group of That Guys in high school. Obsessed with mood music and ambience, but does little else to orepare for sessions. Usually is drunk by the half hour mark. This is me.

Last session nearly ended in a TPK because three different doors got opened at the same time by different members of the team. Two blocs have formed: Team Trouble made up of Sharp Cheddar and Childhood Friend, responsible for most of the party's grief. The Hero was formerly a member, but split off last session when he realized that making enemies with half the party was a really shitty way of gaining leadership. Opposite Team Trouble is Girl Power, made up from Hard as Nails and Roommate's Girlfriend, based on their mutual skill at cleaning up Team Trouble's mess and playing girl jams whenever they're "winning." Roommate is sort of a member, mostly due to him being friends with his girlfriend IC, and not being a total dickass.
>>
>GM
He's /pol/ out of game, but he's pretty okay once you get to know him. Currently running Only War.

>Big guy
He's pretty big. 6'4 at least. Funny, argumentative, but not too much. He constantly is talking shit and trading jokes with me. Plays the equivalent of a fighter (read: pretty basic damage dealer) in every game.

>Gentle Giant
Matches Big Guy. Super nice, and a little naive. Sometimes myself and Big Guy make him the butt of jokes, but he obliges. Probably a better person than me. Plays the equivilant of a bard (read: useless) in every game but means well.

>Myself
Drunk at the table, plays rpgs as a means of using silly voices and acting in character. Plays stupid characters exclusively.

Yesterday they all brought their guns unannounced and spent like an hour showing them off.
>>
File: 1348705517269.png (20 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
1348705517269.png
20 KB, 1035x630
that's not how you draw, you lazy cunts
>>
>>47285220
I'm on mobile homeboy

Maybe later
>>
File: dndparty.png (50 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
dndparty.png
50 KB, 1035x630
>>
>>47286399
cellphones are ruining our community
>>
File: my college group (2016).png (99 KB, 1035x571) Image search: [Google]
my college group (2016).png
99 KB, 1035x571
It's a fun group, most of the people in it are new but everyone says they're having fun and DMing is mostly easier than I expected it would be.
I'm a little embarrassed by how much time I spent on this, though

>>47286692
They're mostly just an annoyance, I have trouble with cellphones sometimes but they usually put them away when I ask nicely
>>
File: 1454043733231.jpg (55 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1454043733231.jpg
55 KB, 303x311
>me
DM usually. I love rule of cool, and making characters the pc's will find interesting and memorable. As a player however, I make characters that embody one characteristic too much. (last character was a walking iron fortress of a person who horded metal so she could fix her arms and make minions. Talked minimally to her comrades except in times of stress/talked mostly to her creation and 'goddess' she followed.

>A
Dude is a genius with strategy, character concepts, in character ideas and struggles, but with lack of free time it gets hard to plan anything.
>B
Rules lawyer somewhat, but does when the situation would benefit the group. Characters are cool and thought out on paper, not in practice. Seems to devour every sourcebook for the game like candy. >C
A furry who won't fucking stop being an asshole. Gets disinterested in the game if no combat happens or his turn doesn't go as planned. I think he wants to fuck a shota.
>>
>The old crew
>Me
Guy who tries to write up stories and characters, they're either convoluted, boring, or don't mesh well with what the players/DM wants to do. Take turns with the next guy DMing. Always play simple characters and try to expand on them during the game.

>Nerdguy
A larger, shy guy that also loves to be creative, but ultimately we don't really enjoy the same type of stories and have different ideas on things. Pretty talkative when you get him going, he DMs simple games with only a few background details in the plot because they seem to work the best. Usually plays a druid, a mystical creature like a vampire or werewolf, anything that's not mundane.

>Mr. Random
Not having fun unless he's wrecking the DM/other players' plans or game. Pretty much /b/ after he came out of his shell in high school. Does not know when to stop. Usually minmaxes and plays anything with great direct combat capability (High powered direct attacking mages, barbarians, etc).

>New Guys
>The Hero
I don't think he's ever grasped the concept of playing anything other than a good aligned character, to which he does well. He's always working with some deity and gets bored if he's not. Has trouble showing up on schedule, but is otherwise a great guy.

>The Warlord
A commander in combat, and surprisingly good at it too. Usually good intentioned in game unless you get in his way. A bit light on the RP, he winds up missing games due to a girlfriend.

>HFY Guy
A fellow who absolutely loves humanity and plays a human or mundane every chance he gets. He RPs very well, so long as it's limited to something on that archtype. Unlike the two above, he'll show up when something's written down and is very orderly, but he doesn't often commit to games.

Old crowd fell apart because we all want a different kind of game. New crowd keeps falling apart because they all got married. I haven't had the heart to go out and find a new group since it's hard finding one in my area.
>>
>GM
Physics nerd and acts like it. Small, temperamental and usually in the right. Compared to a fantasy dwarf. A good and fair GM who knows how to play along with the players without railroading, but can occasionally become a bit too dry and matter-of-fact. Pathfinder player, so that explains a fair bit of that.
>/r9k/
Fedora (who wears a leather bush hat), brony, furry, MRA and really a nice guy. A bit shouty and shameless, but plays great characters, especially female ones (surprise - he doesn't hate women, just modern feminists). He's usually fine with tagging along for the party, though, and his initiative can be a bit lacking at times. His magical realm actually helps him write interesting and vivid characters because it gets him engaged in character design and personality, but once in a while it spills over and I need to whack him out of it.
>/s4s/
Big, swarthy and dumb, but proud of it. Plays funny and entertaining characters, but basically That Guy in every other aspect. Can't remember the rules, fucks around on Facebook, does lolrandumb things in-game, can't be allowed to play as or with women, apartment is beyond Lovecraftian, and also he's basically the worst person on Earth. Down-low scum and proud of it in a nice way - all in all, he is a nice guy, and he never loses his temper in any way.
>Serbia
Intense, argumentative and angry. When he isn't wrestling the GM between sessions, he plays solid but chronically obstinate characters. A good roleplayer, but possessed of a big mouth and a big head.
>Grognard
Me, go figure. Cranky, sour, bitchy and complaining to the point of being called one-track, but at least I roleplay. Obsessed with deconstructions and characters with a lot of power but not enough responsibility to use it for anything else but taking revenge on their high-school bullies. Absurdly enthusiastic consumer of energy drinks.
>>
>>47285220
Thanks for posting my group man
>>
File: enoch_nathan_party_larger.png (48 KB, 904x1168) Image search: [Google]
enoch_nathan_party_larger.png
48 KB, 904x1168
Party pic, not group pic. I can elaborate on the characters though if request.
>>
>>47285220
How'd you find a pic of my group?
>>
Does posting with this name still get you auto banned?

Asking for a friend
>>
>>47288356
I don't know if I should either laugh or cry.
>>
>>47284006
>/pol/
>40k
>Only War
Every
Damn
Time
>>
>>47285220

Best depiction of my group so far.
>>
File: 1463421469103.png (43 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
1463421469103.png
43 KB, 1035x630
guess who I am
>>
>>47290309
You praise yellow and blue far too much so unless your trying to fool us then your not one of them.

You could be any of the others but the "always" qualifier make me think not the stoner.

The jokes thing on Baby Face make me think that's your own insecurities talking but I get the same vibe from "would-be bro". The lost in translation line plus the fact he's the only person not depicted with a smile pushes me over to thinking your Baby Face.

I'm ready to be told all my logic is bullshit now.
>>
>>47290309
The DM screen.
>>
>>47290612
"Ideas often lost in translation" pushes it over for me too, because that's one of those things everyone thinks about themselves and usually doesn't notice much in others.
>>
File: My party.png (70 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
My party.png
70 KB, 1035x630
Excuse the shitty art but here they are.
>>
File: taBEL GROUP.jpg (246 KB, 999x786) Image search: [Google]
taBEL GROUP.jpg
246 KB, 999x786
my most recent group
>>
>>47291215
This seems very familiar...
>>
>>47291557
I've posted it before.
>>
>>47291215
>I'm the only one doing any extensive role playing but I'm really annoying about it
I think I have both been and played with that guy,
>>
File: being a player post-GMing.png (5 KB, 86x200) Image search: [Google]
being a player post-GMing.png
5 KB, 86x200
I don't know where this perfect artist is
but I'm here for you
>>
>>47291215
Definitely yellow guy
>>
>>47291215
Do you play with ghosts, anon?
>>
File: mygroup.png (298 KB, 1326x780) Image search: [Google]
mygroup.png
298 KB, 1326x780
1 billion hours in GIMP
>>
File: D&D Party.png (53 KB, 887x425) Image search: [Google]
D&D Party.png
53 KB, 887x425
I am not an artist...

...but which one of these am I?
>>
>>47297053
I actually like that art style, not gonna lie.
>>
File: You.jpg (147 KB, 1000x587) Image search: [Google]
You.jpg
147 KB, 1000x587
>>47297143
The table.
>>
File: 1463216692566.jpg (34 KB, 320x405) Image search: [Google]
1463216692566.jpg
34 KB, 320x405
>>47297351
I've been discovered!
>>
>>47290309
You fucking tease.
>>
>>47297143
Chronicler. Or the other GM
>>
>>47297053
I think your group sounds fun anon.
>>
>>47296889
>he don't play tabletop games with ghosts
>>
>>47299546
aren't r20 / skype voices ghosts? I mean, you can't prove you're playing with real people, they might be all in your head or AI for all we know. Maybe r20 is just an ouija board 2.0
>>
>>47301877
>they might be all in your head or AI for all we know
Yeah, yeah, but if you go full solipsism we around the table could all be brains in jars for all we know
>>
>>47301992
>Or you're just a brain in the jar and the rest of us are simulations created in order to simulate a confusing and often time shitty, but occasionally awesome, life as it slowly decays away.
>>
>>47298750
Neither!
>>
File: 1463421469103.png (87 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
1463421469103.png
87 KB, 1035x630
>>
File: 15165326816.png (135 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
15165326816.png
135 KB, 1035x630
>>
File: my friendos.png (74 KB, 1118x630) Image search: [Google]
my friendos.png
74 KB, 1118x630
>>
File: draw your group.jpg (218 KB, 999x786) Image search: [Google]
draw your group.jpg
218 KB, 999x786
This one's old now - group's broken up.
>>
>>47285220
Me on the left.
>>
>>47304743
I remember that image from one of the previous threads. Great shame, what happened?
>>
>>47282209
>regret every choice.

I know that one all too well
>>
>>47282242
>infamous for locking prisoners in escape pods
That dick stole my signature move!
>>
>>47303496
>Tries to hug things a lot in game

Women.
>>
>>47297143
At a first look I thought the Rules Lawyer was a plate
>>
>>47305802
She did some pretty great things though, like befriending a sand-shark-unicorn thing we beat and turning it into a pet, or getting a natural 20 on a roll to shame a boss so hard that it basically gave up.
>>
>>47297351
Do you Catan?
>>
File: group template.png (69 KB, 1189x630) Image search: [Google]
group template.png
69 KB, 1189x630
One of my 4 groups
>>
>>47305630
A lot of the players left or are leaving. The GM's hoping to run a new game next year, and he's letting me bring my old character, but literally more than half of the playergroup probably won't be there, and I'm the only one I can account for.
>>
>Me
The DM. Has a talent for improvising and a love of bad jokes and meta, though I'm able to keep the last two in check most of the time. Been going through a rough patch, but I have a good idea what happens next, now.

Can't draw, which is why I'm typing this.

> A
The friend who got me into tabletop in the first place, and our previous DM. Occasional 4chan visitor. Politically *in*correct sense of humor, but gets away with it because we're all perverts. Currently playing snarky gambler sorceress chick.

> R
The heart of our party. When not present, our sessions are a lot less interesting. Also most compassionate of the group, and is the type to help the villain correct his/her/its life choices after giving 'em the beat-down. Currently playing buff bi sailor dude.

> J
Adds spice to the whole group. Famous for lots of roleplaying and making neat and interesting character concepts. Good sense of humor! Currently playing cult leader paladin sort of type.

> G
A classic 'roll player' as opposed to a role player, so I cut him breaks on the stunting rules. Not as talkative due to having no mic and having to type instead, but he's along for the ride too. Currently playing: poorly defined thief.
>>
>>47302763
Newbie?
>>
>>47305933
...I see. Having a sentient plate for a player might be cool, but they'd just end up with pizza all over them.

>>47310560
Nope!
>>
>>47302763
Are you a grill?
>>
>>47311175
I am no grill.
>>
>>47311219
Then I bet you enjoy powergaming.
>>
>>47311296
Wrong again! But more and more options are being whittled away. Wonder if the guesses will be all wrong until the final one...
>>
>>47311371
Goof then, probably.
>>
>>47312403
Still nope. You've narrowed it down pretty good so far.
>>
>>47312476
But you said you're not a girl, so all the others have been knocked out.

Are you the table?
>>
>>47313156
he's definitely the table
I'm a girl, and I NEVER play the table
>>
>>47313216
So I guess that option is off the table?
>>
>>47313287
I think it's wisest to table it for now
>>
>>47281686
You seem like a colossal faggot that's jealous because some girl is moving in on your gay crush.
>>
>>47313298
Then it seems the guessing game has plateaued.
>>
>>47281686
>being a shy faggot
>being jealous that some sl00t is making a move on your crush
wew lade
>>
>>47313356
It was unstable anyways.
>>
>>47290309

you are the baby face or the stoner
>>
>>47290309
Hmm, lets see...
>GM Yellow
>Probably gay

Found you
>>
>>47281686
KEKED BY THE BIG WHITE SLOT
>>
>>47313156
>>47313216
I'm the current DM; nobody guessed that.
>>
>>47281686
>flirts with my friend too much

He is a war hero you salty faggot
>>
File: Playing group.jpg (283 KB, 999x786) Image search: [Google]
Playing group.jpg
283 KB, 999x786
>>
>>47313677
Who is Sophie, right?
>>
File: our gayming group.png (221 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
our gayming group.png
221 KB, 800x700
>>
>>47313944
Sounds like a happy, dysfunctional group. I'm a particularly sexy dragon away from turning into 1.
>>
File: landscape_by_mingrutu-d4dk80a.jpg (308 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
landscape_by_mingrutu-d4dk80a.jpg
308 KB, 707x1000
We are playing Fantasy craft with the kingdom making rules from Pathfinder atm.
Cant draw right now but, here is the group i GM i for;

>Old friend
Cool guy, likes both combat and role playing. Played together since high school. Tends to play whatever reptilian race is available. Has played a large variety of characters, but never any sort of magic user, expect from a monk.

>Cool guy
This is the first new dude at my table. Really swell dude, loves to role play. Gets really into character, both in and out of combat. Likes to be an hero. Is currently king of a newly created kingdom.

>Not so cool guy, but still pretty alright
Plays the groups magic user. Has trouble thinking about how fun his actions are for the other players. Rules laywers hard, had to tell him to quit it. Otherwise, pretty friendly and play a great character.
>>
File: our gayming group.png (277 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
our gayming group.png
277 KB, 800x700
>>47313963
I uploaded the wrong one too but yeah we're all really close and stupid for each other

The rum is because we've driven the DM to drink
>>
>>47314024
Close and stupid sounds oddly sweet. I'll try to hope for that in my groups.

Who buys the pizza? Is the cat an annoyance or a welcome friend?
>>
>>47314056
Come to us anon, you will be welcome. Join the cult/family.
It helps that we were friends before and we do shit besides gaming, it makes it easier to do stuff in games cause you know the people better

Usually 2 or me! Depends who got paid most recently or if we've racked up enough pizza points.
Dominos has fueled so many games.
Well to our GM CATS ARE THE PRIORITY so usually they're welcome
it's when four of them try and love on me and give me an allergic reaction it's suffering for the rest of the night!
>>
File: jealous.gif (977 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
jealous.gif
977 KB, 500x275
>>47314087
Well, all my real friends that were interested in gaming moved, so maybe I'll find that kind of group in a few years. Still, cool that you have physical games regularly, complete with battle map and pizza.

>four cats are regularly trying to love you
Pic related.
>>
Bunch of media students who met in a TV production class. 2 current campaigns, each with their own DM. I can't draw.

>DM 1/Friendship Founder
Childish, inexperienced as DM and it shows. Characters are cartoons, be they serious or otherwise. Happy-go-lucky, down for whatever. She tries.

>DM 2/Theater Kid
Better DM than FF, cares about worldbuilding, booksmart but his info is unreliable. Characters are sort of mary sue-y, gets upset when people don't like them. Nice dude, always looking to help. Overacts.

>JROTC
Okay player, never roleplays. Characters have been lifted from tv shows or unabashed mary sues. Nice guy overall, but doesn't know a whole lot about the game. Looks like he's 14.

>Quiet One
The GF. Not a great player, characters have solid story foundations, but doesn't understand the game, leading to gimped characters and hurt feelings. Really wants to have fun playing, but feels like a burden. Currently fixing her characters.

>Ginger Smiles
Friend of GF. Excited to play, super new. Doesn't understand much but wants to learn. Fun to be around, little to no roleplay. Definition of meek. Constantly forgets to use her magic items.

>Loudmouth McDumbass
Me. Characters are always bombastic showmen. Either shouty and overbearing or silent and miserable, depending on blood sugar. Gets a little too invested in combat, gets hit a lot. Almost always party face.
>>
File: dnd.png (49 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
dnd.png
49 KB, 1035x630
A: forever Gm me, running a game for a bunch of dnd addicts who rely heavily on my story for much needed escapism from their shitty lives.

B:Copy pasts characters from comics and books he likes. Purposefully creates Conflict because he likes drama. super Meta.

C: the unluckiest mother fucker of all time, i have seen him roll more 1's than anyone else at the table combined. he is also a complete fucking moron.

D: gun fag token minority. spends more time managing spreadsheets and document than actually playing with the party.

E: Gf and objectively the best player, doesn't do much, but not doing much is infinitely better than the dumb shit the rest of the party does.
>>
>>47296889
Do they have legs?
>>
I'm mildly amused at how many of these are:
>dick
>cunt
>dumbass
>that guy
>noob
>me, the saint
>>
File: 1456972356802.gif (33 KB, 999x786) Image search: [Google]
1456972356802.gif
33 KB, 999x786
>>47314777
I'm actually giggling over the few flaws that most people put. Sometimes they do get to be enough you can't tell them from other players, but sometimes it's just vague, weak, or so obvious that it couldn't be describing someone different than them. Like, to call out an example from an older thread, one player was described as 'means well' and didn't have any real other flaws. That's a pretty obvious tip-off.
>>
>>47314904
I've been lurking in this thread only to see this image.
>DDDDEESTROOOY
cracks me up every time
>>
File: TheCityCampaign.jpg (161 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
TheCityCampaign.jpg
161 KB, 1000x800
>>47281686
In the style of >>47282209
We get a few more people who jump in and out sometimes, but this is the core group.
The DM will make an entire adventure path out of puns, don't test him.
>>
File: quickgrouped.png (347 KB, 1880x648) Image search: [Google]
quickgrouped.png
347 KB, 1880x648
This group's been in and out since like January, C had to join the Navy and I've been dealing with some school shit.

Can't wait for June to start back up with these assholes.
>>
File: my dudes.png (69 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
my dudes.png
69 KB, 1035x630
Guess which one is me.
>>
>>47317279
Improviser or Uhhh, leaning towards Improviser.
>>
>>47317437
How the hell did you even get that
>>
This thread makes me sad. Always wanted a group, but never been any, that I know of, around the places I've lived. Now I'm 26 and feel it'd be way to awkward to start.
>>
>>47317476
I feel the same. And I'm even older than you... Back in the day, when I was a youngster, RPGs were still a pretty cool underground hobby. You could meet some interesting characters in those circles. But today RPGs are probably only underground/niche anymore?

And what's with the token females in lots of these groups above!
>>
File: De Drużyna.png (101 KB, 1057x708) Image search: [Google]
De Drużyna.png
101 KB, 1057x708
Can't draw for shit, so reusing something other anon did
>>
>>47317896

>implying it's possible to find more than one girl who is interested in this shit and isn't just someone's girlfriend who got roped into playing
>>
>>47317457
Guessing this who's who is a bit of a hobby of mine. I'm >>47290612 as well.

There's a couple of common things that you can use to guess what the average poster will do, they'll never be too nice or nasty to themselves. People will also tend to put more effort into art depicting others though I couldn;t tell to the psychology behind that it's just a pattern I've noticed. They way people phrase statements can often give away if their talking about others.

Meme Kid (negative nickname) is "incredibly funny" (too nice), he's also on his phone a lot which I figure doesn't really fit anyone who browses /tg/ and can be arsed to draw their group.

DM has lot's of effort put in proportionately and gets a five star review I can pretty safely discard him.

The Fucker-upper has basically no redeeming qualities so into the trash he goes.

Autism could have been on my radar but "chaotic evil always" along with how that was such a negative for The Fucker-upper made me feel that couldn't be you.

When it comes down to Uhhh and Improviser there's a few things that made me wavier, they're about the same level of effort to draw and neither of them gets torn in half (you made an excuse for Uhhh). Weeb was a point in his favour because 4chan but when I looked closer the answer was clearer than I thought.

There's a little more effort put into Improviser for the baggy eye's now I know I said effort not you but a detail like this is something we tend to notice and remember more in ourselves than in others. It was only then though that I came upon my critical clue, the music. I don't know anybody I know who I would describe as not liking music that is because we like to label others as fans of something even if we've only heard them talk about it once, even if you had a friend that didn't like music I didn't think you'd actually put that unless he made a point of mentioning it often and was far more likely to be something you saw in yourself.
>>
>>47317958
Oh, and by the way - if anyone of you ever saw Gamers 2, this is how our games tend to roll. It's kind of funny, because when I've assembled this team, we watch the film for giggles after our first campaign and suddenly everyone realised we just did re-enacment of the film characters with the style of gameplay.
>>
>>47314271

If you play with these fuckers then your an addict too.
>>
>>47282871
If I wasn't 100% sure that my GM doesn't use /tg/ at all, I would be scared how accurately those "Old Players" describe people from my play group.
>>
>>47317476
>Now I'm 26 and feel it'd be way to awkward to start.

Dude, it's ok.
I started when I was older then you.

Now then. If you don't feel comfortable with starting with an in person group try playering with a group of people who meet weekly via IRC, Discord, Skype, or Roll20.

(I've personally had the most success in the first two)
>>
File: thegroup.png (102 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
thegroup.png
102 KB, 1035x630
Had a go:
>>
>>47282871
>Drow carnie turned monk with a penchant for throwing rocks.

please give me more backstory on this. I want to know how this backstory works.
>>
>>47282970

you want an oWoD game?

If you are willing to play with a group online hit up the sup/tg/ IRC and ask around.
There are some people who go there that should be able to hook you up with either people looking to form a group or other places you can go to assemble one.
>>
>>47318145
What is this Discord you speak of?
>>
>>47317476
Anon, if that helps, I've got into tabletop RPG at age of 31, when we had a dead silence at the high sea and the youngest member of the crew, a scrawny teenager, started talking about role-playing this out. Few moments later he was back on the deck with rulebook for AD&D and Call of Cthulhu, asking us if we want to play it as adventure story or horror one
>>
File: Islaythedragon.jpg (62 KB, 906x769) Image search: [Google]
Islaythedragon.jpg
62 KB, 906x769
One day I will find a group
>>
>>47318241
Why did you lay with the dragon?
Unless you are living in Nowhere, Kansas, just look around at gaming shops, local fantasy/gaming clubs, youth centres and what not. If that fails - internet is still a thing
>>
>>47318200
Essentially an IRC with voice channels and such.
>>
>>47318200
It's a free and better mumble/teamspeak, it also has friend lists and in game overlays if you want that shit.
>>
>>47318283
>Discord is free
Free to use, maybe, but not free like Mumble, which is opensource and under "New BSD License".
>>
>>47318387

free software means software that respects the users freedoms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn8gealMDsg
>>
>>47318523
You made a faux pas, anon, nowadays there's a specific board for quests!
>>
>>47288304
looks kinda weebie
>>
>>47317896
>And what's with the token females in lots of these groups above!
Are you implying that GMs are recruiting individual girls just so they can have one in their group? That wasn't the case for my group, and I really doubt that's the case for anyone else.
>>
File: 1456019676047.jpg (207 KB, 1280x1657) Image search: [Google]
1456019676047.jpg
207 KB, 1280x1657
>>47317476
What are you waiting for?
>>
>>47319068
Yes, I am. The amount of females is just too damn high!

I've never been a part of a group, but every time I heard about them, they'd tell tales of "those girls" - girls that seemingly didn't fit anywhere else (or had zero friends?) so they'd bug into random play sessions. I always found that really strange.
>>
>>47319241

Extremely rarely you find girls who actually like this shit. Most of the time, it's just someone's girlfriend.
>>
>>47319241
Female forever GM here. My groups usually start as seven or eight people, because flakes. Then they stop showing up/openly say they are dropping and I'm down to four people in no time.
I never start with less than two other women per group to avoid sausage party situation. And I NEVER had two of them for more than roughtly 5 games. In no time all but one turns out to be a flake in mixed groups.
Then again, female-only parties are fun, but simply harder to assemble.
>>
>>47290309
the dingus who decided to use bright yellow on a white background?
>>
File: RPG RQ.jpg (198 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
RPG RQ.jpg
198 KB, 1035x630
>>
File: 1308290755383.jpg (66 KB, 354x388) Image search: [Google]
1308290755383.jpg
66 KB, 354x388
>Eternal GM
he's been the GM of my group for almost twenty years. Probably the best GM I've had. Tough but fair, willing to bend the rules a bit. He loves backstories, so if you take the time in developing your character, he'll reward you with bonus XP or an additional skill point, or better starting gear.
He's willing to comprehensively test custom classes, and depending on their balance, allow or disallow the class, provided we can find a realistic and reasonable justification for them.

>Samuel L. Snipes (Denzel)
Comports himself as if he's the incarnation of Wesley Snipes and/ or Samuel L. Jackson. Typically plays dwarves. Huge fan of "death from above", and everything has to be about him in some way.

>GM's Little Brother
Typically a fan of non-magical classes; has played rogues and fighters since time immemorial. Our group's artist; he and I sometimes work together to put comics together of our exploits.

>The Tinker
He's like the horrible mixing of a 70's love child and a 90's candy raver. Purple hair, JNCO jeans, smoke weed erry day, the works. Built a jacob's ladder and while testing it, set fire to his living room. twice. Builds websites, writes code, builds electronics, all of which work for a few days and then falls apart. Likes to play hybrid classes, like fighter/ mage combos.

>Me
I arrange our adventures into a comprehensive narrative that becomes the stories of our group. there's at least thirty or so books worth of our adventures that I've written. I tend to play mid-range classes, like rangers, shamans, and sorcerers. I also tend to build "concept classes" and test them with the GM. Currently I'm playing a Witch Hunter, a class based off the Ranger class that excels in fighting magic users.

>OCD Master
organizes his socks into "left foot" and "right foot piles. Likes to play halflings and gnomes because they're "cute". Usually plays magical classes. I think he secretly wants to be the little girl.
>>
>>47319515
>I think he secretly wants to be the little girl.
You should encourage him to come out of the closet.
>>
on mobile, gonna write this noise out

Cringemonger: Aspiring author and Warhammer nerd. Tries to voice act to varying degrees of success. Throws in magical realm from time to time and will make blatent waifu characters. Primary DM.

Ragebro: Decent at rp, leans more toward neutrality and evil but doesn't let it hurt the group, usually plays a mercenary. Tons of characters start out as references to games but end up feeling unique. Fantastic friend with shit luck and and plays up rage for laughs.

Weeabrony: Kind of Fedora-teir in terms of philosophy and a bit of a know it all. Knows this and actively works to improve, generally a very good friend and the most avid roleplayer despite lack of experience. Cracks jokes at the worst times.

Furfag: Repentant furry that at one point would play as a Rabbit-folk anything just for kicks. Plays a variety of characters nowadays, tries to play the good guy and consistently ends up being a murderhobo, wants to run his own session but procrastinates. Shit at rp.

Pedobro: 20 something guy "dating" a 15 year old over the internet. Always plays as the closest analogue to Deckard Fucking Caine from diablo. Derailing expert, and is disturbiny inconsistent when it comes to being available for games.

The question is... which one am I?
>>
File: face nogalaxymapforyou.jpg (180 KB, 445x445) Image search: [Google]
face nogalaxymapforyou.jpg
180 KB, 445x445
>>47282242
Who in the motherfucking fuck has the patience to keep on with 8 players in the group???
>>
>>47319446
I like your munchies setup, it's fancy compared to the usual setup of cheetos and stale soda :3
>>
>>47314904
I can't stop giggling at that goddamn pic
Well played (and drawn), Anon
>>
File: 215204389_dNja3-2100x20000.jpg (887 KB, 1948x967) Image search: [Google]
215204389_dNja3-2100x20000.jpg
887 KB, 1948x967
>>47314087
>>
>>47320393
Not the original anon, but because of flakes, I decline on general rule GMing for groups that start below 6 players. If lucky, only two of them will turn out to be eternal flakes, leaving a healthy team of 4 people.
>>
>>47320255
>Knows this and actively works to improve
Improve how...? Being more fedora? Less fedora? I believe character traits like that are un-improvable.

>which one am I?
Leaning towards ragebro, but that "weeabrony" irks me so much that I bet it's you.
>>
>>47318215
>playing CoC on an actual ship.
You're a braver man than me, anon.
>>
>>47320393
That's about how many I run on average. It works, but it's not easy.
Honestly I kind of prefer it sometimes, because it means that a whole lot of the game character interactions are between players, and I don't have to make NPC's to fill roles like devil's advocate or voice of reason.
>>
>>47320648
I find it challanging to run for more than 5 people. Not because of logistics or shit like that, that's a non-issue for me.
The real problem is creating scenarios where they can't just force their way. I mean sure 3-4 people may be reasonable and won't go for "shot first, ask never". But group of, say, 6? They will just waltz through anything sans army detatchment.
>>
>>47320255
You're absolutely the Furfag.
>>
>>47320648
>>47320718
Those.

On one hand, having shitload of people keeps the game running by itself. On the other hand, creating a scenario with real challenge is a bitch
>>
>>47317958
Polak kurwa.

How's the tabletop witcher game? Any good?
>>
>>47320255
Doesn't matter, you should be all set on fire and carefully burned into ashes.
>>
>>47320718
Yeah, I ran into that problem for a while, but I ended up making a lot of multi-step challenges. Here's an example from the last couple games.
>Fighting a time-warping mutant monster.
>While the heavy combatants and the wizard keep the thing busy with combat, the rogue, monk, and druid are trying to figure out how to kill the thing.
>The cleric and multiclass wizard/cleric are trying to keep the monster from reaching the second team.

Just setting up encounters that reward players for playing to their strengths makes it a lot more viable. It also makes running games inside cities weird as hell, because the party just kind of all fucks off as soon as they get there and meet back up eight hours later with various loot/problems/quest hooks/felonies acquired.
>>
>>47291215
Best one
>>
Our group is made up of a few CompSci majors. We swap GMs often.

>Dragonfucker
Puts immense effort into all of his world-building, music selection, maps, tavern menus, architectural details, etc. Absolutely loves dragons, wants to fuck dragons, always played some kind of dragon or lizard person, and main NPCs are more often than not, some form of scaly race. Good and fair GM, ss a player tends to take the spotlight a lot, and likes to role-play small details like passing conversations and what he's eating for breakfast a little too much.

>The Asian
Massive weeb, loves k-pop, but is actually asian. Most of his characters are pretty anime inspired, but not excessively so. As a player loves to make combat beasts, but still role-plays well. As a GM, loves drama, tragedy, inter-party conflict, and love stories. He is very weak in making combat encounters however, they usually end up being extremely lethal slugfests.

>6 Wisdom Guy
Only plays (his GMing is awful), usually plays rogues and bards, or some offshoot of those. Often comes up with terrible ideas, but still somehow end up working due to high luck with rolls. The easiest to manipulate as a GM, but hardly ever breaks character stays true to his character's personality and motives.

>Me
Resident rules-lawyer, sometimes GM. I usually play intelligent or charismatic characters, and often play the straight-man or voice of reason. As a GM I'm not as good at world building or character drama, but I'm probably the best at designing interesting combat encounters.
>>
>>47319212
actually getting a group for one
I don't even know how to find them
>>
>>47320828
Let's put it this way - fun.

I'm currently playing or running it for 12 years. There are numerous minir flaws in it, but it has a well-tailored crunch for the shit its suppose to do - namely, supporting a classless game with magic knight/monster hunter that can easily fight and cast without any awkward situations. Plus the crunch is so fucking simple you can literally grab people who never played RPGs in their life and they will get hang of it after roughtly 3 minutes.

I like it for:
- lack of classes
- lack of levels
- lack of alignments (well, there is one, but well-handled and open-ended in nature)
- lack of "quadratic mage" progression or in general - scrawny mages
- simplistic crunch that still leaves a lot of space for simulationist approach
- absolutely brutal combat where people tend to die quick after roughtly two hits or one well placed
- crunch that focus first and foremost on skills, so it doesn't what gear you have, but how good is your training

I don't like it for:
- being inconsistent at times
- shitload of overlapping skills that are basically the same
- being late 90s game, so a lot of stuff is named in weird ways to be unique
- the way how min-maxing was handled in one of expansion, so unless you are playing with experienced/reasonable people, party ends up as bunch of one-skill wonders that are half-cripples
- gross oversimplifications of penalties in combat (can be luckily skipped)
- the way psychic powers were handled (they are so absurdly broken I always rule them out when starting with new group)

In general - a fun, but far from perfect game. And most of the issues it has can be simply ommited by not applying those rules, as most of them are suplementry to the core mechanics.
>>
>>47320830
Love you too dude.
>>
>>47321034
It.. Actually sounds good.

How's monster hunting? Can you grab onto them n shit as they're flailing about or is it the typical "I grapple it."

"Okay it is now grappled."
>>
>>47321086
Then I've got good information for you!
This game comes with grappling rules that are:
- easy
- short
- transparent
- don't require any math, just declaring the action and rolling for it like every other attack
The only downside of grappling is that your own defense is decreased by 2. Which my game rules is pretty big (defense of well-trained fighter or witcher tends to be around 6, while defense of some random bum is around 3).

And if you want to grapple to something much bigger than you or a monster, it depends on the type of story GM is telling. If it's aiming for realism, then the monster most likely will try to throw you off or smash/rip apart/chew. If the story is aiming for epic stuff, then go on, climb that colossus.
>>
>>47321254
Well, my question was more in sense if there's any depth to it. But I guess that's a no. Thanks.

>>47321291
A, spoko. Tak calkiem gajne, muszę kiedys obczaić.
>>
>>47321149
>>47321203
>>47321291
>>47321291
Reported. Please speak in english, and for the love of God, don't misuse spoilers!
>>
>>47319294
My Shadowrun GM brought in his girlfriend to be a player. She was actually pretty nice, even if she was mostly there to carry a gun. Just about when I felt like she was starting to open up and have fun, she got sick for a bit and even when she got better she didn't come back. Eh, someone was probably being too much of a faggot or something.
>>
File: 1463421469103.png (68 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
1463421469103.png
68 KB, 1035x630
>>
>>47321350
Oh, so you mean something completely different. Well, then it all depends on players and GM. You see, in theory, this is a story-telling game, with rolls treated as a suplement to the stuff people role-play, not the other way around.
Meaning GM is pretty much obligated by rules to describe outcome of all actions instead giving you just gameplay terms. Meaning for example all hits that didn't connect need to be explained HOW and WHY they didn't connect, just like all those that did hit the target needs description how and where did they hit (unless player specified that during attack, the game assumes the attack went for "first possible opening in enemy's defense and got a suplimentry roll to decide that if you don't want just pure GM description).
So... I think it's "yes" to your question. Since GM is obligated to describe stuff and players are rewarded with lower difficulties of actions if they role-play the whole thing, it's not just "yeah, you've grappled it".

Osobiście polecam, system jest specyficzny i momentami potrafi być toporny, ale i tak uważam to za jedną z lepszych istniejących gier RPG - szybka, łatwa i przyjemna w obsłudze. A już na pewno absolutna elita polskich erpegów, choć to akurat żaden wyczyn, biorąc pod uwagę poziom rodzimych gier.
>>
>>47321021
Look for FLGSs. Where you at senpai? Of course there are places without them but that's a good place to start if you want an IRL group
>>
>>47321380
>I'm reporting this!
https://youtu.be/07koWDo7-P0?t=3m17s

Please kindly fuck off. I'm not going to double-translate an untranslatable wordplay just because you are a fucking mong
>>
>>47321463
Oh. So it's actually system made for describing what you do, rather than set things you can do via rolling. That's actually neat, don't remember seeing much of those. But I can see how badly it can go with the "NO! I ACTUALLY SAID THAT I DO X" and what not.

Neat. Neat.

Ja nawet nie wiedziałem, że mamy ttrpgi, lol.
>>
>>47321509
And I'm not the one misusing spoilers and being a kurwa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWo4u8hlX14
>>
>>47321560
Well, you can always ignore that, but trust me - people instinctively go for descriptions. If not just for the small bonus to rolls, then out of habit. Because the combat is so fast, if you won't describe your actions, turns go out with a blink of an eye and it gets simply boring to "flash-forward" through combat with just "I attack with my X" and rolling.
Especially since if handled well, you can go through combat just describing your actions, never having to roll even once, which is extremely helpful when facing otherwise TPK situations.

Bo poza Wiedźminem i Dzikimi Polami reszta to gówno bądź gówno do kwadratu, w które aż żal grać

>>47321563
>Posting Polish reggae
Nah, you ARE a kurwa, don't even try to pretend otherwise, your actions speak for you.
>>
>>47320255
Cringemonger
>>
>>47321380
>Informing about reporting
How new to 4chan are you?
>>
File: 4chan welcome 1451231163220.jpg (87 KB, 424x567) Image search: [Google]
4chan welcome 1451231163220.jpg
87 KB, 424x567
>>47321748
I've honestly been here since 4chan's inception.

So less new than you.
>>
File: But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>47321806
>since 4chan's inception
Then you wouldn't brag about it, newfriend
>>
File: Rascal.gif (326 KB, 367x225) Image search: [Google]
Rascal.gif
326 KB, 367x225
>>47281686
>The game
>>
>>47320616
Nope, weeabrony is a longtime friend of mine. As is ragebro. As for the improving thing, he's just been trying to be more humble, less aggressive and more cooperative.
>>
>>47320740
Ding ding ding we have a winner.
>>
File: 1.jpg (47 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
47 KB, 640x512
>>47321843
You millennials are the worst. Just fuck off already.
>>
>>47317437
>>47321938
Yes! Two for two.
>>
File: 1463421469103.png (24 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
1463421469103.png
24 KB, 1035x630
I play on Skype.
>>
>>47322545
kek
>>
>>47322545
>>47322984
Now I wanna run a campaign of something where each player is a SEELE style sound only monolith, and it's nothing but backstabbing and trying to figure out each other's identities.
>>
File: fuck these people.jpg (349 KB, 1035x800) Image search: [Google]
fuck these people.jpg
349 KB, 1035x800
>>47322545
I also play on Skype, which is why instead of drawing my fellow players, I instead used reference images from the internet to adequately sum up who they are.

I'm not proud of how long I spent on this.
>>
>>47323876
>fuck these people
Ok, but I like the picture for the giant polish history enthusiast.
>>
>>47323876
>Chechnyan mastermind
I read this several times, still unsure if I got it right...
>>
File: award.png (43 KB, 874x781) Image search: [Google]
award.png
43 KB, 874x781
>>47323876
favorite group in the thread, anon
>>
>>47324125
It's actually exactly how it's spelled out, but it's hard to wrap your head around.
TzEEnCHian
>>
>>47323876
Thai-Win-Now-Er?
>>
>>47285220
I don't need to draw anything, that's my group since 2013.
>>
>>47323876
>>47324125
>>47324354
>English trying to grasp other languages
Please stop. You've already fucked up Hindi forever with shitty transliteration and being half-deaf.

Czeczeński
>>
>>47324570
u wot?
>>
well then.
>Marcel(DM):
extremely by the book, but fair, and lets us control the flow of the story. Constantly pulls legendary actions out of his ass.
>Jason
total fucking idiot, but one of my best friends. plays two characters, one of which is good and the other one has earned a hate-blog on twitter
>Garret:
looks exactly like Dra'nakyuek(google it). Plays a sliiiightly evil sorcerer who loves his disintegrate spell very much.
>Noah:
Plays a cleric and a paladin. Neckbeard, constantly making anus jokes with a completely serious face and tone
>Partick:
on his phone the whole time. does nothing.
>Ian:
similar to Jason, except he is a bit better at making jokes. group leader, king of buffs.
>Ben:
haven't known him long enough to form an opinion
>Ocean(weird name, I know):
constantly sports a shit-eating grin because he hasn't gotten hit once since he joined.
>Tristan(Me):
super-cleric, literally everything I have is funneled towards healing. personality of a stoned 5-year-old. accidentally became a dragon rider last session.
>>
>>47313677
But... who *is* Sophie?
>>
>>47325008
>Making a virtue of reading the rules
Kill yourself. And the rest of your party
>>
File: 1463421469103.png (117 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
1463421469103.png
117 KB, 1035x630
>>
>>47325495
>often causes delays
Literally the worst type of player.
>>
File: 1463494584023.jpg (58 KB, 703x536) Image search: [Google]
1463494584023.jpg
58 KB, 703x536
>>47323876

>exhasperated
>>
Because I can't even MS paint for shit:

>DM1/Cool Old Guy
Original DM, now player, occasionally DMs one-shots in a variety of systems. Excellent RPer and never really runs the same character twice. Fantastic variety of NPCs.
>DM2/Old Schooler
Also DMs a variety of systems and one-shots but sticks mostly to combat-heavy/RP-light stuff - will RP, but most characters are gimmicks of some variety. Currently not DMing for this group. Great sense of humour and stays very much IC.
>DM3/Crunchlord
Another occasional DM, known for being a world-class minmaxer and fantastic at running crunchy systems. Loves worldbuilding. Puns a lot, also great at staying IC, and has a wide variety of characters and accents. Can get a little too munchkiny on occasion (both as player and DM) but has learned to reign in.
>DM4/ADHD
Also not currently DMing, has a tendency to not prepare until the last minute and goes through characters pretty quickly due to switching of interests. Pretty good at remaining IC, though, and often creates fun situations. Another punner.
>DM5/Me
Relatively new DM, running the current "main" campaign. Tendency to overplan and then have to make shit up when the group derails things, but somehow it generally works out. Occasionally struggles to balance encounters but getting better at it. Notorious for terrible dice rolls, both as player and GM, and leans towards Rule of Cool over serious RAW.
>NeverDM/Well Maybe Once
Perma-player and generally pretty chill person. Goes with the flow. Also an excellent RPer, if not as in-depth as the others, and fairly quiet.

Overall a pretty chill group with enough variety to keep things interesting. At last count we've played at least 10 different systems and had 3-4 major campaigns over the years; we lean towards funny over serious and, despite the occasional problem, all tend to get along really well.
>>
File: Only War Group.png (61 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
Only War Group.png
61 KB, 1035x630
>>
File: 1463421469103.jpg (251 KB, 962x518) Image search: [Google]
1463421469103.jpg
251 KB, 962x518
Guess who I am.
Hardmode: be someone who didn't see the old one I made.
>>
>>47327385
You're the demongirl.
>>
>>47327608
Nope.
Hint: I am a man.
Hint 2: I am not mystery player
>>
>>47318851

It is, a bit. I try to keep it from being weebie.... but it depends what you mean by weebie?
>>
>The same pics as always
Ice cream? I love vanilla ice cream!
>>
>>47327645
Elfbro? You refer to literally all of them in third person so it's a bit wonky.
>>
>>47327762
dude what, I literally drew mine just for this thread
>>
File: DND.png (42 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
DND.png
42 KB, 1035x630
Which one am I?
>>
>>47327823
>You refer to literally all of them in third person so it's a bit wonky.
Well yeah thats to make it harder to guess who I am. Having one of em be in first person would be obvious, and having all of em be in first person would be really weird
>>
>>47323876
god, for a sec I thought the Smuglord was me
>>
>>47327872
The DM. Definitely the DM. If not him then the guy who plays mostly for combats and cool shit
>>
>>47327883
Well, if you're not elfbro, you're trap-kun. Those are my guesses.
>>
File: 1437433607601.jpg (14 KB, 221x335) Image search: [Google]
1437433607601.jpg
14 KB, 221x335
>>47327927
>trap-kun
m-maybe
I don't look good enough to pass as a girl. I'm built like a football player. I just think skirts are real comfy so I'll wear one when I'm home alone. also my friends are cool enough to not give a shit when I decide to wear one around em. Let me tell ya, skirts are much more roomy than the roomiest pants I've tried. I'd get some kilts since I got that Scottish blood, but a real kilt with real tartan is expensive as shit. Then again I did blow a good amount of cash on a princess peach cosplay once, best choice I ever made honestly.
>>
File: thirty two decades in paint.png (38 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
thirty two decades in paint.png
38 KB, 1035x630
>>
File: dark souls, bro.jpg (26 KB, 226x226) Image search: [Google]
dark souls, bro.jpg
26 KB, 226x226
>>47329204
Damn, bro

That's abstract
>>
>>47316065
>what dice do i roll
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMYPTSD
>>
>>47320541
Accurate, actually
painfully so
>>
>>47324902
The real question is, when is Sophie?
>>
>>47327333

How do you not know what one of the players looks like?
Do they wear a mask or emperor palpatine style hood? Or do they communicate with the rest of the group via headset and webcam?
>>
>>47326794

Sounds pretty kickass.
>>
>>47325495

Sounds like you have some hope for the DM and guy you give more shit then you should.
>>
>>47324730
>>Partick:
>on his phone the whole time. does nothing

Frustrating.
>>
>>47323876

Are you the smuglord?
>>
>>47321455

What?

You are supposed to draw the players not the characters.
>>
File: anime cheesecake.png (201 KB, 640x618) Image search: [Google]
anime cheesecake.png
201 KB, 640x618
>>47331057
No, he's the GM.
>>
I'd post my group here.

But we play a thousands different game and everyone has different roles.

What should i post?
>>
>>47319446

I am having trouble reading this.
I think one of them says
Thief everyone knows is a thief
And one has the word merciful in it
That's all I got.
>>
>>47319411

Are you a crustacean made of stone?
>>
>>47331250
They are playing glorantha

the others are
>The chaos Orlanthi
>the merciful lundrian grave digger
>the coward humakti. distrust any NPC
>the hipster heavymetal GM
>>
>>47318649
Lol.
>>
>>47282242
That table is enormous
>>
>>47330984
He's never looked in a mirror.
>>
>>47323018
This is an awesome idea, I would like to see more things like this
>>
>>47331082
I was just talking about something related to what that other anon said, man. She was someone's girlfriend, but she seemed to actually like the game.
>>
>>47283300
>Used to spend hours on homebrew settings and adventures, but has given up on it due to four years of running a group of That Guys in high school. Obsessed with mood music and ambience, but does little else to orepare for sessions. Usually is drunk by the half hour mark. This is me.

That's funny, I could have sworn you were describing me
>>
File: Group1.png (46 KB, 1035x630) Image search: [Google]
Group1.png
46 KB, 1035x630
Here's my group.I' shit with paint

>A
Forever GM. A pretty cool kid, sometimes get confused with the rules but always tries his best. Sometimes suffes from short temper. Doesn't really deserve the shit he's in. Can't stand C

>B
Me, usually play the front line fighter or paladin. Like to make character similar in appearance but different in morals and alignment. Prone to reuse the same character until I feel i tried it out enough.
GM for Dark Heresy, and modesty aside i have to say i'm pretty fucking good at it despite not preparing anything.
Abysmal luck with dices, except d10s, for some reasons. Don't really care about details.

>C
Angsty fuck, tries to be friendly but his smug and sort of god complex prevent him to very likeable. Always tries to exploit some game's grey areas to powergame, but usually fails because he is too stupid to actually play his class strong points. Always wants to pass as the hero and/or kits his PC to fight the party should the need arise, rather than actually be helpful. Gun fetishists, spends hours talking about different guns in a game like it matters even if they all have the same stats.

>D
Bisexual girl, best roleplayer at the table, Only plays male PCs. Is not afarid to let her PC behave the way he would even if it means going against another member of the party or endanger his own safety. Great sensibility, manages to catch the inner spirit of both PCs and NPCs. Tends to overthink things and gets extremely angry when someone tells her she is playing her character wrong. Has problems remembering the rules and gets tired very quickly.

>E
Another bisexual girl, always plays gay as fuck male PCs, obsessed with gay sex and gay love stories. Not a bad roleplayer but get's carried away too easily and has problems separating OOC and IC sometimes. Uses the game to fuel her own fetishes and generally just plays to have some kind of company.
>>
>>47325495
>tfw I thought that was my group I dm for.
>realize I have 4 players.

That way way too close man.
>>
>>47331606
I find the GM's face hilarious for some reason
>>
This is the group I have played with for 7-8 years, and my close friends.
>DM
Pretty much the forever DM to a point, some minor campaigns otherwise. Creative with plot, albeit tends to go overboard. Ignores rules often.
>Me
Tend to play archetypal heroes, and almost always good aligned. Have taken acting and screen writing classes, so tend to make in depth characters. Talks over others without noticing at times. When dming, rule of cool always comes first.
>Brother
Less motivated than most of us, and misses since sessions. HUD characters tend to be bombastic and over the top, turning into party mascots, and referenced outside of sessions.
>That Guy
Major furry who plays characters that often make all other players bang their heads on walls. First character was an anthrowolf who was arrested for illicit acts in front of a child. I am NOT making this up. Not in half our campaigns anymore.
>Weeb
The other prominent Dm. It's an anime fan, but not cringy. Loves 3.5 waaaay too much, and a stickler for the rules. His characters don't follow much of a pattern.
>>
File: Royal Facepalm.png (824 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Royal Facepalm.png
824 KB, 1440x1080
Sorry
>>47321455

My post

>>47331082
>What?
>You are supposed to draw the players not the characters.

was meant to be directed at.

>>47321458
>>
>>47331221
>I'd post my group here.
>But we play a thousands different game and everyone has different roles.
>What should i post?

the one most memorable or the one you had most fun with.
>>
File: 1584332.jpg (52 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
1584332.jpg
52 KB, 500x481
>>47317279
>The Fucker Upper
i have a doppelganger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4sqMNHZxjI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFsM4T7OP2A
https://youtu.be/U67MRAPKXzU
>>
>>47317279

The Improviser looks sleep deprived.
>>
>>47322545
Fuck Fantasy Grounds sooo veeery much
>>
File: himZD0Mh.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
himZD0Mh.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
>>47323876
>Captain Ahab
Took me a second
>>
>>47333501
>Fuck Fantasy Grounds sooo veeery much
What's your problem with it?
>>
File: my_group.png (100 KB, 1080x630) Image search: [Google]
my_group.png
100 KB, 1080x630
>>
File: 1437440618100.png (71 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
1437440618100.png
71 KB, 700x467
>>47331264
... w-what?
>>
>>47333731

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhJzX0UgDM
>>
>>47318032
the big mistake most people do is just assume people just praise themselves - even though they themselves wouldn't do that.
>>
File: 429-1.jpg (40 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
429-1.jpg
40 KB, 450x300
>>47333789
...I still don't get it and the song is god-awful
>>
>>47333822
Rock lobster.
>>
>>47333829
Anon, let me reitterate:
The hell this post >>47331264 is even suppose to mean? There is no context, no sense, no nothing. It's completely out of blue and lolsrandom for me
>>
File: 20160519_235929.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160519_235929.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
If it's even legible then enjoy. I love our party. It's..It's pretty sweet
>>
>>47333874
heron?
>>
>>47333883
It's a real name she swears. Hippie parents
>>
>>47330984
We all communicate via Skype, so yeah. Haven't used the webcam in a bit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.