[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The 12 Towers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Me again, wanted to see if I could get a little help with something.

Todays project for The 12 Towers is getting a logo/box cover complete. I've been going back and forth on this for a while and it's been driving me nuts. Don't worry, I'm not asking for free artwork, just some suggestions and ideas that people would like to see.

I'll take whatever I can get, criticism, sketches, ideas, anything. By the end of today I'd like to make a final Box Art so I can stop stressing.

Pic related, I made this about 2 months ago. Actually kinda liked it, posting the other in a minute.
>>
File: logo.jpg (26 KB, 716x409) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
26 KB, 716x409
The other crappy logo I made. Got a lot of heat from it for being too similar to MTG.
>>
>>47280946
I think the first one is fine
>>
>>47281066
Thanks, working on more detail. Originally I wanted something with 12 towers on it, but holy hell it got messy fast.
>>
>>47280946
The first one looks nice, as a concept. I think you should hire a someone to redraw it, because at the moment it looks like it was made with MS Paint

you will probably get better advice if you head over to
>>>/gd/
>>
>>47282454
I did check /gd/, they chewed me out thinking I was asking for free work.
>>
File: 12 TOWERS-01.jpg (122 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
12 TOWERS-01.jpg
122 KB, 800x800
Here is a freebie for you fine anon.

Seriously though, you should seek professional help on this kind of things. People judge game by its cover, and an amateur cover would really kill sales.
>>
>>47282761
If you are really only a shoe string budget I don't mind helping you with working out what you need. Free work IS against the code, but I dont see a problem for being helpful.
>>
>>47282761
>>47282800

Much appreciated, both of these images I created with Autodesk Sketchbook and my Huion Tablet, cheap but effective.

And I 1000% agree, box art can make or break a game. At first I tried complex like DnD, then simplistic, trying to find a happy medium.

All I'm really looking for is a shiny version of the first pic, additions, changes, whatever. Something that'll really appeal to the crowd. Then I can do the rest
>>
>>47282838
You should post more info about your game. I'm sure a ton of people have no idea what this thread is about.

The stick figure one in the OP is very unappealing to me. Understated and minimalist would probably take you further than cartoony nowadays.
>>47282761
Is nice. Maybe not perfect, but certainly the best in the thread so far.
>>
>>47282838
I dunno.
I'll be honest, while the concept is there. The execution is super amateur, which is a polite of way of saying it's shit.

I urge you to get professional help, something you cooked up from your sketchbook just isn't going to cut it. Hell I cooked up that logo in minutes and I'll say it is more presentable that your painstakingly put together artwork.

The devil is in the details, readability, color selection, overall mood, TYPOGRAPHY and many many things. Things that an untrained artist just have difficult grasping.

Not to be demoralizing but your use of gradient gives me a headache and the gems are terribad.

The 1st one needs a much needed aid in proper typography help, and the figures need something more polished, which is something that would requires hours of work even from a professional. There is a lot to nitpick there, but the general idea is everything is not up to a standard which you can show it off to a market, ANY market.
>>
>>47282761
That looks nice! Simple or stylized stuff will always be easier on the eyes than for example >>47280957.
>>
If you think you will ever sell anything with >>47280946 on the cover, I think you may be ignorant of how marketing works.

Here's what I don't get; I know not everyone is an artist, but everyone is a CRITIC. So have you ever considered being self-critical? "Hey, if I saw this on a shelf, would I choose to purchase it? Or would I think I'm holding some cheap knock-off product?"

You want to inch slightly closer to being an artist? Ask yourself questions, and stop being afraid of the answers because they aren't positive.
>>
How much budget you have to work with?

Trust me when I say you can get a lot done if you set aside a few hundred bucks for some design work.
>>
>>47283985
If he had budget, he wouldn't be asking for free stuff on /tg/.
>>
>>47284336
Shame.
Well you can't not spend money to earn money.
I would love to help but it is a matter of principle, since this is not the usual /tg/ getting shit done kind of things that I sometimes help out with.
>>
>>47280946
Chiming in with everyone else in this thread; find a pro designer (or failing that, a student designer). I've occasionally done typesetting/design as part of prepress for several print shops, and neither of your logo designs can be used as is (neither would look good scaled down, for example).
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.