[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you create humor in DnD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: myshittydndcampaign.jpg (110 KB, 736x638) Image search: [Google]
myshittydndcampaign.jpg
110 KB, 736x638
Title
>>
>>47277901
The same way you create humor in anything else.
>subvert expectations
>point out the absurdity in mundane things
>breech taboo subjects in a nonchalant manner
etc.
>>
>>47278307
>create increasingly abstract pattern of occurrences
>>
>>47277901
You don't. It's explicitly forbidden in the rules and you should die in a fire if you ever doubt that.
>>
>>47278307
These all make a lot of sense actually, /thread I guess.
>>
>>47277901
>A dwarf and two elves walk into a bar
>The dwarf makes a specific order "I want a well cooked chicken, a steak and nay else besides a beer
>"but what about the vegetables" asks the barmaid
>the vegetables order same as me, whether they like It or not
>>
>>47278880
Love it.
>>
As a DM: Play the entire campaign deadpan. They'll find their own comedy.
>>
>>47278954
This.

Players never shut the fuck up when they get the opportunity to joke about something. You give them Boots of Winter and they call them Uggs. You let them start in prison and they call it the first episode of Orange is the New Black.

Better yet, start a horror session with little effort. They will never shut the fuck up and just joke around.
>>
>>47277901
Don't make the same five Monty Python jokes over and over again.
>>
>>47277901
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMlzsWLDSoI
>>
Allow people play as chaotics.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.