[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone done a good campaign where giant insects are the main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10
File: Centipede by BenWootten.jpg (184 KB, 700x742) Image search: [Google]
Centipede by BenWootten.jpg
184 KB, 700x742
Anyone done a good campaign where giant insects are the main adversary?
>>
They're a pretty big deal in our shadowrun campaign.
>>
>>47272082
Would you like to know more?
>>
Had a Worm That Walks that was a gestalted Vermin-Lord druid and Wizard with a focus in Necromancy. One of the most intimidating opponents I've seen in Tabletop.
>>
I've done a campaign about that, but I wouldn't necessarily call it "good" because the solution to problems was 99% of the time to burn it. The other 1% was trading for items from merchants (mainly vials of oil and ingredients for the alchemist's thermite).
>>
>>47272082
About a decade ago I ran a hack of Call of Cthulhu that was based heavily on the old adventure game It Came From the Desert. If I ran it again I'd probably use Savage Worlds.

Well worth playing by the way, still holds up even after all these years.
>>
We invaded Klandathu once. Lost 100,000 men in one hour. Then our GM resigned. Was some rough shit, man.
>>
>>47272117

So... make flying insects that are harder to burn? Why can't more GMs think creatively like their opponents actually would. Even bugs would probably have a few tricks up their sleeves.

>>47272106

God that was a terrible movie. The first chick was a total cunt, and my DVD player kept screwing up when I hit pause to masturbate to the scene where she says her father isn't home. Then my dick was sore cause I accidentally skipped ahead while ejaculating to a scene of a guy getting his head ripped off and I basically over-squeezed my dick in surprise. I went back and got to the shower scene, and realized I wanted to fap to that but it didn't last long enough and I also thought it was completely retarded that they let men and women shower together, it just shows why women should not be allowed in the military. The gore was absolute shit and most of the scenes that were meant to be funny just fell flat, the special effects were corny as fuck and the storyline was boring, the army commanders were retards and the action scenes were pretty gay in my opinion. Then I got to the Diz sex scene and thought she was ugly as fuck but I'd already blown my load so I couldn't jack off to it anyway. I got a boner again when she started gasping for air because it sounded like sex gasps but then I realized I was getting a boner over a dead girl and turned off the movie. Overall I rate Starship Troopers 2/10, it'd get 2.5/10 but Carmen was a total bitch.
>>
>>47272211
Nice dubs
>>
>>47272106
Ha I get the reference.
>>
>>47272211

>not liking Starship Troopers

Never change, /tg/.
>>
>>47272211
I did make half of them resistant to fire, it's just that there was two arachnophobes in our group who wanted anything that was insect to burn.
>>
>>47272347
But that was a great movie. It also reminded of all the times I played Guard infantry armies versus Orks.
I still shudder at the way my poor Guardsmen were torn apart.
>>
File: Why do I have this.jpg (176 KB, 700x742) Image search: [Google]
Why do I have this.jpg
176 KB, 700x742
>>47272082
>>
>>47272082
They were all eaten by the Chinese.
>>
>>47272414
>I still shudder at the way my poor Guardsmen were torn apart.

Seriously? Jesus Christ man up. I can't stand people who get emotionally affected by fictional deaths. My girlfriend cried when Noah got eaten in the Walking Dead and I told her to stop being a child. It cost me sex that night but who cares it was worth it.
>>
>>47272862

Anon, there's no reason to lie.

Nobody will judge you making up fake stories to make yourself feel adequate.
>>
File: 6-25cerealLeafBeetle-1.jpg (75 KB, 288x226) Image search: [Google]
6-25cerealLeafBeetle-1.jpg
75 KB, 288x226
I ran a campaign that started out as a half-baked Alien rip-off because I’d always wanted to do a story like that: finding missing villagers cocooned in a bog in a cave being liquefied and eaten by arm-sized leeches, searching the area around the cave after realising those things couldn’t have kidnapped the villagers, being ambushed by giant water scorpion-like creatures by the river, being lured into a trap by following new (half-abandoned) leech ponds and ending up in a field where giant antlion-like fuckers were waiting for them to paralyse and cocoon them.

They lay waiting right next to the antlions for hours, unable to do anything, until new creatures (like the giant water scorpions) came to drag them off. All but one of the characters, who was being transported to the nearby leech pond. The other characters saw how a big ugly fucker (see pic) crawled up to the pond to deposit new leeches from its bloated body before they were out of sight. Sole character died.

... etc etc etc. I enjoyed it so much (and the players were so revolted) that we decided to continue after the original quest was finished. It was a lot of fun, really.
>>
>>47273293

That sounds awesome, anon. Bugs make the best enemies.
>>
copy paste this into a campaign
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTWYQhTT388
>>
>>47275647

Anyone have any scans or, better yet, a PDF of that book all about the creatures that live on Skull Island?
>>
Maybe not the main but a very major and frequent one, we played a small beings/borrowers style game.
>>
>>47272862
Getting emotionally attached to things in media makes it a lot more vivid and interesting. You should try it.
>>
>>47272211
>the special effects were corny as fuck
Everything else you can have with your shit but modest opinion, but you are objectively wrong, puppeteering is a lost art and Starship Troopers was one of the last films that did it right
Fuck CGI
>>
File: 800px-Toe-Biter.jpg (145 KB, 800x578) Image search: [Google]
800px-Toe-Biter.jpg
145 KB, 800x578
>>47274569
They're pretty easy to use too. Their motivation is just survival and all that entails. They don't have evil mastermind schemes... but they do have the intelligence to lay traps and confuse enemies (i.e. players) to acquire food. The giant antlion creatures trap, for instance. Or another big fucker that pretended to be wounded and was stridulating in such a way that made it sound pitiful and in pain to the characters... so they'd lower their defenses and were ambushed.

Ah, the fun we had! ... I did, at least.
>>
>>47276533
Bump in hope of this.
>>
File: kong-hero-surbrook.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
kong-hero-surbrook.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47276533
This one?
>>
>>47272211
>my DVD player kept screwing up when I hit pause to masturbate to the scene where she says her father isn't home

my sides
>>
File: terra-formars-vivid-imagery.jpg (35 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
terra-formars-vivid-imagery.jpg
35 KB, 1024x576
>>47272082

JOHJ
>>
I remember that a while ago, there was this idea where an insect like species go into the dead and re-animate it. Kinda like xcom Chrysalids do.

Of course the original idea said that they are sages, and good-aligned, and can reproduce with normal mortals, and other shit like that, but sounds like the herald of an invasion force, and the perfect evil bug

rings a bell to anyone?
>>
File: 690404.jpg (99 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
690404.jpg
99 KB, 500x375
>>47282480
No, the official book, not a fan one.
>>
>>47283896
That looks great. I need it!
>>
>>47282582
>Cologne 2016.jpg
>>
>>47281465
Misread that as "Survival and all the entrails"
Using that instead.
>>
File: it's afraid.jpg (141 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
it's afraid.jpg
141 KB, 600x339
>>47272211
>on the internet, nobody knows you're a shitposting brainbug
>>
Rarely, most of the time it's either humanoid insect creatures or half hybrids
>>
>>47272082
campaign I'm running is about a Formian diaspora on the material plane; with big ramifications about their impact on the ecological, economical and political scene of the nation they were transplanted into.

No idea if my players lurk here...
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.