[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40K: Ork Variations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Orkz.png (871 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
Orkz.png
871 KB, 1000x1200
In Warhammer 40K all Orkz are the same. That is because, if one is to quote the Orkz: "Orkz es best!"

But I do enjoy to think that it would be a whole lot more interesting if the various Klanz would have different looks to their gubbins.

Bad Moons: Still the chubby dudes. Still the biggest an' longest teef. Usually long and outward-facing ears to catch all the noise going on. They'd look like overgrown and Ork-y Gretchins.

Death Skulls: Obviously horrendously skull-faced. No lips at all, just teef bared. Spinal cord and ribs are usually shown throughout the tightly woven skin and muscle. Dead eyes.

Snakebites: Largest snouts to make them into great trackers, often used to track things without tech. Fungal growths and mucus dwell forth from their bodies far more than other Orkz. Forked tongues and jaws able to dislocate themselves to eat Grots in one foul swoop.

Evil Sunz: The 'Classic' Ork look. Flat head, short but extremely wide jaw, long upper jaw, often bared teef. Larger cranium allows for better knowledge of tactics and deft cunning.

Goffs: Biggest, baddest and scariest. Studded with dark fungal growths along their skin due to their hardness. Upward facing ears to know which 'unz will try to shiv you in the back so you can kromp 'em before they even try.

Blood Axes: The REALLY Classic Ork look. Squished, almost toad-like faces. Straight out of the 1st edition.
>>
File: 1394930117932.jpg (347 KB, 1004x833) Image search: [Google]
1394930117932.jpg
347 KB, 1004x833
Jobs a gud 'un OP!
>>
File: orcs hobbit.jpg (42 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
orcs hobbit.jpg
42 KB, 720x480
>>47268408
>Blood Axes: The REALLY Classic Ork look.

YOU GO ME LAD
ERE WE GO ME LAD
>>
>>47268408

I like this a lot, but feel like the Deathskull and Snakebite designs are a bit too off-base compared to the others. There's some appeal in Orks having a degree of uniformity beyond being big, green and toothy.

Also I refuse to accept that Ork skulls are not rectangular.
>>
File: Biggest and da loudest!.jpg (475 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
Biggest and da loudest!.jpg
475 KB, 800x720
>>47268408
I really like this.

Ork physiology is robust enough to have all of that be present. Perhaps not biologically, but tradition in the various Clans.

Good job OP.
>>
>>47268408
When you think about it, it's weird there isn't more variation, given that they're fungus. Lots of variations in the fungal school.
>>
File: redcap.jpg (51 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
redcap.jpg
51 KB, 400x267
>>47268711
Redcap orks when?
>>
>>47268711
It isn't considering that they and the eldar were made by the Old Ones.
>>
>>47268408
I think the Snakebites look a bit too different from the standard Orky design. The others are all recognizeable as Orks, but that one looks like it could be a completely different creature.

There actually is some canonicity to Orks varying in appearance. Boss Snikort's model has unusually long ears, and the studio painscheme also gave him a slightly different skintone than most Orks (he's a very pale green instead of the normal bright green).
>>
>>47268408
I like dimorphism in almost all its forms, extremities are not among those, but the basic concepts are solid.
>>
>>47269404
The snakebite would be pretty close to RT/2ne ed designs without the nose and the fat.

I realize I associate orkness to almost non-existent upturned nose.
The bad moon and the snakebite are the only two I don't really like. And for the bad moon it's really nitpicking.
>>
>>47269328
shitty retcon

everything is canon
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.