[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15
File: MageCaucusArgumentArt(CofDG).png (2 MB, 1195x1545) Image search: [Google]
MageCaucusArgumentArt(CofDG).png
2 MB, 1195x1545
>Previous Thread: >>47244201

>Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/PPptBB5u

>Latest News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-the-pack/

>richfags
http://drivethrurpg.com/product/181760?affiliate_id=13&src=TheOnyxPath
>poorfags
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/%5BWtF%5DThe_Pack.PDF

>Question
How are things going in your game's wider city? Have there been territorial feuds? Backstabbing politics?
>>
>tfw Dark Ages: Wraith never
>>
File: EtriganTheDemon.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
EtriganTheDemon.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>tfw Dark Ages: Demon never
>>
>>47268326

Devil's Due has you covered, and it's also a fucking awesome book.
>>
>>47268326
How would you make dark ages robots?
Steam Punk Demons?
>>
Once you hit Gnosis 5 and Master something, if you're not going Archmage is there any reason to further up your Gnosis before gettting Adept in the other 9 arcana?
>>
>>47268370
They meant Fallen.
>>
Which of the Mage Orders would you join?

I'm a hardcore Guardian, myself.
>>
>>47268370
>>47268392
I meant Fallen, but Descent Demons in the Dark Ages would be neat, too

They wouldn't be any different than modern Demons, appearance-wise; the Dark Eras for them all feature the same sort of weird tech shit for infrastructure, it just stands out more

>>47268439
Silver Ladder or Free Council
>>
>>47268385
if you want faster rituals or above human limit stats

>>47268439
just limited to the five orders?
>>
>>47268385
The Fourth and Fifth attainments of your Legacy require gnosis 6/7 and 8/9(for convetional and novel acquirement), respectively.
>>
>>47268439
Mysterium

I want ALL the magic
>>
>>47268496
I don't think demon dark era can happen. I'm not saying its not a cool idea just that demon only recently came back from hell.
>>
>>47268439
>Which of the Mage Orders would you join?
Tremere revised to use the Mystery Cult Initiation rules with a set of Attainments for each House.
>>
File: jc6w23wf5xmx2ojus6aq.gif (1 MB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
jc6w23wf5xmx2ojus6aq.gif
1 MB, 636x358
>>47268688
>>
>>47268719
the orders are so boring, you really have to move away from them if you want something fun/interesting
if that means anon is going to call you a snowflake, i'm sure people can live with it
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't know what to do when it comes to making a Mage's nimbus?
>>
>>47268766
what's your character's background?
>>
>>47268681

Again, Devil's Due covers this. You play as either weak Earthbound or individuals summoned by demonologists.
>>
>>47268776
Oh I'm not playing anymore, the game only went on for a couple things before the ST had to drop the game.
But it just seemed like everyone was either "spooky mist" or "weird feelings".
>>
>>47268766
Basically, think up a cool effect that fits the character and their magic.
Then make the tilt based on what that effect would logically do.

EG, Lucy's scalp lightning probably gives her bonuses to Intimidation and Intelligence
A character whose nimbus is a windstorm might give penalties to firearms, with a bonus to stealth
A Nimbus of brilliant fire might give a penalty to stamina
Ye olde classic Mastigos/Thyrsus Nimbus of arousal might give penalties to wits or presence, but bonuses to manipulation
>>
>>47268808
thats sort of what it's all about
but you can add "cool shit" and "fun feelings"
you just base it on your character
you can look at some of the example ons in the books

Vecu’s nimbus casts long shadows like wings. Her hands
and feet have a bloody cast, and green swirls suggest vines
growing along her body.

Thaïs’ nimbus appears as a light with no apparent source that
catches the light in her eyes and sparkles around the tips of her hair,
but which disturbs rather than reassures, making her look frightening
and sad rather than divine.

Ray’s nimbus creates the illusion of a fiery angelic crowd,
all around, cheering as if they were at some kind of Supernal
Cup Final.

Rebecca’s nimbus manifests itself in the air around her, as a
kind of haze in the air and a smell of ozone, not unlike the fresh,
cooling feeling to be got from standing near a waterfall.

Ben’s nimbus causes nearby inanimate objects, particularly
those designed as tools, to appear to develop personalities.
Suddenly it seems, just for a moment, as if they were moving
of their own volition, as if they were watching Ben and some-
times even talking to him.
>>
>>47268854
>>47268865
HM.
I guess I just didn't really think things through when I made my character and just went with something odd (and felt out of place compared to everyone else's nimbus).

Next time I will be more prepared.
>>
I forgot to mention what my mage's nimbus was, maybe you could tell me if I went someplace wrong with it.

Essentially they "made" frogs.
Like it depended where they were, sometimes it was just as simple as making frog statues and figurines more noticeable, like being drawn to tasteless frog knick-knacks on a shelf. Or it made frog "shapes"; the splatters on a modern-art painting looking like tadpoles, cobblestones resembling little frogs all curled up.
Junk like that.
>>
>>47268948
Everyone isn't going to have the same style with it, it's no big deal unless you have one of the specialized cabals.
>>
Any Legacies which grant Death as their additional Ruling?
>>
>>47269221
stone scribes, logophages, threadcutters, wraiths of epochs
>>
Just another reminder that the Tremere are best Vampires and best Mages.
>>
>>47268439
Silver Ladder or Adamantine Arrow
>>
>>47269195
where you went wrong was making a mage who is devaluing rare pepes thats what
>>
>>47269221
>>47269255
Maybe I'm being retarded, but 1e Legacies don't appear to give access to a new Ruling arcanum
>>
>>47269581
your retarded
>>
>>47269581
Some Legacies have attainments that utilize a primary
Arcanum other than the parent Path’s Ruling Arcana.
Mages who follow such Legacies are not limited by the
normal restrictions for learning Common or Inferior Arcana
for that Arcanum only. The Legacy’s primary Arcanum can
be learned as if it were a Ruling Arcanum for the character.
He can learn it at the same experience-point cost as a Ruling
Arcanum — new dots x5 — and learn it up to the fifth dot
without needing a teacher from a different Path.
>>
>>47268688
>>47268744
Why?
Also, don't most people in the Tremere Houses not actually know they're part of the Tremere? It's not really an Order.

>>47268766
>>47268854
I wish you had more options for Nimbus effects. Starting characters basically just get a +1/-1 to a skill.
>>
>>47269634
>don't most people in the Tremere Houses not actually know they're part of the Tremere?
What the fuck are you talking about, they're offshoots of the main tremere legacy developed by eating other liches who adhere to the Tremere laws and customs. Of course they're also Tremere
>>
>>47268744
Is it bad that the Attainments were going to be in the flavor of the Tremere as a whole while each had themes they shared with their respective Houses? The main reason behind making them a Nameless Order is that they kind of ARE one at the moment. Also it means any Path can join their ranks and they are not restricted to Moros, there is probably an upside to this.somewhere.
>>
>>47269634
>Why?
because their goals,methods,reasons for being are all reactionary and the overall goal of each order is to keep the status quo

I don't like the tremere, but people who are going to stick to the orders are going to make boring as shit mages
>>
>>47267481

So difficulty 9 and the success threshold is equal to their Stamina? That's awesome. My players are gonna be pissed.
>>
>>47268688
I'd probably run the Tremere similarly to the Malkavians in Requiem. They don't exclude you from taking other Legacies but have some nasty drawbacks. Maybe specify that you can only take Reaper or House Legacies in addition to base Tremere.

Alternatively give them a bunch of optional attainment lines and let the character choose one particular set to go with.
>>
>>47269603
>>47269621
I concede that I am indeed retarded.

>most of the Death Legacies are left-handed

Fucks sake
>>
>>47269813
>>most of the Death Legacies are left-handed
oh no
>>
>>47269672
Yes, but the entire point of those offshoots is that they're unaware that they're part of the Tremere. They're not "Tremere", they're "Nagaraja".
Also, man, I forgot that Houses have to devour twice as many souls.

>>47269728
The impression I'm getting from the single Legacy in 2e is that you're not completely restricted by Path (Marple is in a Moros legacy). I also don't see why the Tremere are a Nameless Order more than a Legacy. Just because a Legacy has a lot of structure doesn't really mean it's an Order.

>>47269746
But all of the Legacies are explicitly against the status quo, which is literally a creation of evil forces of oppression that want to control and manipulate humanity. Your understanding of the orders seems mistaken at best.

>>47269813
I should try to make a Death/Spirit Legacy. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable with that, though. We don't have many rules for it.

>>47269837
>Death can only be used to kill things and all necromancers are evil
This isn't D&D
>>
>>47269852
>>Death can only be used to kill things and all necromancers are evil
no one said that
>This isn't D&D
no one said it was

learn to read
>>
>>47269852
>But all of the Legacies are explicitly against the status quo, which is literally a creation of evil forces of oppression that want to control and manipulate humanity.
the legacies are just about changing your soul, most of them involve staying within the creation of oppression
>Your understanding of the orders seems mistaken at best.
Seems better than yours
>>
>>47269852
Nagaraja=/=House Nagaraja. House Nagaraja inherited the name from the non-tremere legacy they devoured and are explicitly said to regard themselves as not just Tremere but the best damn Tremere there ever were
>>
If I am a Guardian of the Veil, my rote skills are Investigation, Stealth, and Subterfuge.

If I take a rote that has suggested rote skills Intimidation, Occult, Weaponry may I use those skills as a yantra, or do they HAVE to be one of the three rote skills from my Order?

Also, when picking a rote, may I pick a skill that is not in the suggested skills (in the above example, replacing Occult with Stealth perhaps)?
>>
>>47268439

The most self-hating one
>>
>>47269869
I assume "oh no" was sarcastic.

>>47269881
Whoops, I meant "All of the Orders are explicitly against the status quo".

>>47269938
I'll admit I just looked that one up on the wiki and it gives no info. Still, I don't think that every Tremere in a House know they're Tremere. That's what I was getting at.
>>
>>47269981
Guardian then
>>
>>47269972
You can use any Rote, technically, though I believe that your ST should actually be deciding which spells you can find with which Rote skills. The Scriptorium having "Transform Self" doesn't necessarily have the Athletics version, but they do have the Science and Occult version.
>>
>>47270034
>I assume "oh no" was sarcastic.
It was.
Because being left-handed doesn't really matter.

Not because your weird obsession with morality and D&D.
>>
>Death 5 has a "one in, one out" spell where the Mage can die and Awaken someone else in exchange

me likey
>>
>>47270034
And I've got Left Hand Path right here. You can't not know you're a Tremere without being wildly ignorant of the history of your house and contemporary Tremere politics. Hell the first step in being a Tremere is being an enfante, a generic tremere who hasn't progressed beyond the first attainment they all share, you only become a member of a house with the second attainment.
>>
>>47270034
>Whoops, I meant "All of the Orders are explicitly against the status quo".
yeah which is why you're wrong
Guardians: Protect magic that hasn't been hurt since the Fall
Mysterium: Hide magic doing the Seers work for them
Ladder: Get more people to awaken, keeping the numbers of awakened the same since 1000BC
Arrow: Help every other Order
Free Council: Democracy and murika
it's the status quo
>>
Yo, is there a 1e book that gives stats for Ochema?
>>
>>47268439
I don't see any reason why the smart money isn't with the Throne. I can wrap my head around serving them more than wandering autist Archmagi.
>>
>>47270153
>h
yeah seers of the throne
>>
>>47270153
I think that a single Ochema is on par with an Arc of their Exarchs Arcana, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>47270158
Because the Exarchs don't give a shit about you except how you are useful to their purposes and you stand a real good chance of getting murdered by other seers
>>
File: ochema.jpg (1 MB, 2564x1792) Image search: [Google]
ochema.jpg
1 MB, 2564x1792
>>47270153
>>47270192
the oracles don't give a shit either and you're likely to get killed by other pentacle mates too (lucy sulphate you bitch)
>>
>>47270192
The last part is the ONLY reason why they haven't "won" yet.
>>
>>47270192
>nd you stand a real good chance of getting murdered by other seers

Let me guess, you're not nearly as worried about other "right handed" mages shanking you for no reason.

How does the Pentacle kool-aid taste?
>>
>>47270127
...Where?
>>
>>47270096
Let me explain the problem that >>47269813 is having:
The only Legacies that use Death as their Primary Arcana are all morally repugnant and often literally monsters.

It's not because of some obsession with morality. It's not wanting to play a soul eating monster.

>>47270141
Alright. I was just making sure that the question that was getting answered was actually the question that I asked, which is "I thought that most Tremere Houses didn't realize they were actually Tremere Houses and thought they were their own Legacies".
The answer is apparently no.

>>47270144
But...
Magic has been hurt. Paradox is dangerous and more of it is bad.
The Mysterium hides Magic to protect it, not to keep the Supernal away from the Fallen, but because they're afraid those Sleepers will destroy everything with their grubby hands.
The Ladder does not want to keep the numbers of awakened the same, they want to Awaken the entire world.
The Arrow belief is literally that if you accept the status quo you aren't magical enough
The Free Council believe change and adaptation are better than not and embrace the myriad changing culture of Sleeper society.

No one wants the status quo, other than the Seers.

>>47270158
Because you'd be a puppet. You'd get a ton of money and bitches in exchange for being a shitty person and betraying everything you hold sacred and also being at risk of "you have failed me for the last time".

>>47270205
>>47270217
That's bullshit and wrong. "The Pentacle has some shitty people" is not an argument for why you should join up with the people who's core belief is literally that you should murder your superiors to advance.
>>
>>47270205
Oracles aren't going to tell my cabal mates to kill me though and promotion by murdering my boss isn't the preferred method
>>
>>47270233
>The only Legacies that use Death as their Primary Arcana are all morally repugnant and often literally monsters.
what do you find morally repugnant about the stone scribes?
>>
>>47270233
>who's core belief is literally that you should murder your superiors to advance

Maybe when you grow up you'll stop enjoying all that bullshit your hierarch is feeding you kid.

Cabals may be families, but pylons are friends.
>>
>>47270233
>>47270254
To be clear, I said most, not all.

>>47270232
Legacies: The Ancient, in Tamers of the Cave. It's called Atonement.
>>
>>47270233
>Magic has been hurt. Paradox is dangerous and more of it is bad.
Paradox is not magic being hurt, its the world being hurt because of mages.
Read the fucking book.
>The Mysterium hides Magic to protect it, not to keep the Supernal away from the Fallen, but because they're afraid those Sleepers will destroy everything with their grubby hands.
And they're doing the Seers work for them
>The Ladder does not want to keep the numbers of awakened the same, they want to Awaken the entire world.
But they can't. The numbers have stayed the same for thousands of years.
>The Arrow belief is literally that if you accept the status quo you aren't magical enough
They're even more stupid, because they fight for the status quo.
>The Free Council believe change and adaptation are better than not and embrace the myriad changing culture of Sleeper society.
Wow so they embrace the status quo, it's almost like you're arguing for no reason other than to advertise yourself as an idiot.
>>
>>47270290
>To be clear, I said most, not all.
You literally did not. I can understand not reading the book, it's big, but maybe you should start small and read your own posts first.
>>47270233
>The only Legacies that use Death as their Primary Arcana are all morally repugnant and often literally monsters.
>>
>>47270291
>Paradox is not magic being hurt, its the world being hurt because of mages.
Timori go home
>>
>>47270233
>Because you'd be a puppet. You'd get a ton of money and bitches in exchange for being a shitty person and betraying everything you hold sacred and also being at risk of "you have failed me for the last time".

Sounds like any other job worth having. If you can't swim with the sharks, you don't have a place in the ocean.
>>
>>47270261
Oh GAAAAAAATE!
>>
>>47270308
>You literally did not.

>>47269813
>most of the Death Legacies are left-handed

Actually yes, I literally did you fucking spacker
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbq8wr4RddQ
REM makes me think of Mage.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0AkMPAQ-h0
>>
>>47270291
But you're wrong.
Like, every single thing you said is wrong.

>>47270308
That wasn't him, that was me. I don't actually know the Stone Scribes. Either way, stop quibbling. It's bad that Death is an Arcana that keeps getting treated as "oh, no, it's not evil or anything" and then used mostly for evil.

>>47270331
>Implying you're the shark
>>
Updated a Mage Legacy to 2e, should the old attainments be 1, 2 & 3 or 1, 3 & 5?
>>
>>47270549
>It's bad that Death is an Arcana that keeps getting treated as "oh, no, it's not evil or anything" and then used mostly for evil.
It isn't.

The Stone Scribes are basically biographers of the dead. The Tamers of the Cave are hermits who study ephemera.
>>
>>47270728
Yes. In that one Legacy. But look at this list:
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Legacy_(MTAw)
Most everything with Death is Left-Handed. As an aside, according to this, Stone Scribes have Fate as the main Arcana, so Death is secondary.

Also, what are Shadowbinders? That sounds like a Legacy I wanted to create.
>>
>>47270808
>Also, what are Shadowbinders?

No specifics, it's ust an end of a paragraph. The first attainment suggests it lets you absorb ghost's anchors into your soul, turning them into familiars. Higher up you get greater powers based on this, but each greater thing attached to your soul cuts down your Wisdom
>>
>>47270808
Mostly because it's necessary for Reaping. There are some interesting other ones (Bokor and Master of Destruction are in a grey area admittedly, though Stygian Herald Singers in the Silence are fairly moral), though Reapers take up a lot of the focus for Death legacies. Alternatively just create your own.
>>
>>47270603
Attainments 2, 3, and 4, if you're going by dot-level.
>>
>>47270851
Oh. My Legacy idea was a Death/Spirit one about manipulating ephemera.

>>47271045
My problem is that... well, what you said. Most Death Legacies are Reapers.
I plan on creating my own, especially if we get better Legacy creation rules.
>>
Does Promethean have a signature other realm, like the Underworld, Shadow or Supernal?
>>
i want a vampire gf
>>
>>47271456
I want to drink your blood until your dead
>>
>>47271498
hot
>>
>>47271569
i know i am bitch you dont need to keep saying it
>>
>>47271408
It does not. Not every game has or needs one. The signature other realm for Mage is also the Astral. You don't really "go" to the Supernal. It's less a realm and more a substance.
>>
File: 1441002384526.jpg (190 KB, 950x1200) Image search: [Google]
1441002384526.jpg
190 KB, 950x1200
>>47271597
>>
>>47271614
Honestly the astral is so neat that if you took out the supernal and replaced it with a more in-depth treatment of the astral itd probably be a better game.
>>
>>47271675
How so?
>>
>>47271694
There's a number of different angles we could go with but let's go with that the basic experience of mages is not and never will be platonic ideals but instead a passage through an initiation into gnosis that's heavily colored by sleeper cultural ideas such as a Plutonian underworld, Abrahmanic revelation, germano-celtic ideas of a fairy circle, hindu theology and so on. That magic is the physical actualization of the collective unconscious works better with mage's setting than the platonic stuff, and is in some ways better supported by the fluff. On the more prosaic level lets go with that you aren't going to be going or dealing with the supernal much but it uses up more wordcount than places like the underworld or the astral or the shadow which do come up in gameplay.
>>
>>47271656
Creeeeeeeeeeeeeed!
>>
File: Green eyes are haram.jpg (142 KB, 699x715) Image search: [Google]
Green eyes are haram.jpg
142 KB, 699x715
>>47271456
>you will never have a qt Assamite gf

Why even live?
>>
>>47268439
That doesn't surprise me in the least.

I'd join the Silver Ladder.
>>
Silver Ladder or Mysterium.
>>
>tfw been wanting to start my players off having to deal with a Scelestus, but thought the one from 1e core was the only statted Scelesti Legacy
>tfw get around to looking at Left-Hand Path and realize there's several other Scelesti Legacies
>tfw the Legion is more or less what I wanted
>>
Has DaveB stopped posting on /wodg/?

I haven't seen anything from him in ages, unless he stopped using his tripcode.
>>
>>47273586
Dave left when he finished Mage. He ascended to the fields of leddit where shall reign internal.
>>
>>47273586
He posted like, 3 days ago.
He was on holiday when Mage dropped.
I would assume now he's trawling over the feedback.
>>
What are the best one dot rotes to start with?
>>
>>47273673
Anything you're going to use frequently that's outside your Ruling Arcanum, and which has greater utility with more reach.

After that, it merely depends upon what you want to do.

Dispel Magic, Supernal Vision, Scribe Grimoire, and Word of Command are amazing for that though.

Scribe Grimoire with 1 mana and a reach lets you copy rotes, in a lasting manner. That's right. Take a quick look at someone's Grimoire, cast the spell as an instant action, spend a point of Mana, copy the rote onto your tablet, and now you have a Grimoire.
>>
>>47273586

Mhm?
>>
>>47274070
How do spell factors for Imbued Items work?
>>
>>47274070
When's Sign and Sorcery coming out?

I mean, when're you gonna post some example Legacies?

I mean, when'll the FAQ/errata be up?

I mean... Kidding, Dave. Loving Mage 2e so far. I am looking forward to all of these things, though.
>>
>>47274070
If a Mage had their soul removed, would their "protection" agaist Vampirism be suspended?
>>
Why was the last thread so slow?
>>
>>47274070
Will Signs of Sorcery give examples of what Mage Sight looks like to each path?
I think I remember reading it would, but I cba to go look for it, and I'm trying to figure out what the Aether would look like

Currently imagining something like the other side of the portal from Big Hero 6.
>>
>>47274070
How do I make a Legacy Attainment?
>>
>>47274848
Spells
>>
>>47268439
Seers.
>>
>>47268439
Why is it that autists like the Guardians so much?
>>
Does anyone have a Mage: The Awakening 2e pdf?
>>
>>47274872
Yes, but presumably there's some sort of system to properly handle the conversion of a spell or specific spell effect and the necessary Reach into a Legacy Attainment.
>>
>>47274848
Take a spell
Give it the appropriate amount of Reach based on the dot level and what the acanum req for the attainment is
Spend 1 Reach to make it an Instant action, otherwise it's still a ritual.
Other Reach can go into anything it normally could for the spell, and possible other things if it's something that fits the Legacy

EG If I wanted to make the Dreamspeakers, I'd have the First Attainment require Mind 2, Occult 2, and act as a Mind 1 Knowing spell to let the Dreamspeaker perceive the Astral, with a Reach spent to be Instant, and another to let them interact with the Astral as a Ruling effect.
>>
>>47275272
Did you read the book? There's a straightforward guide on page 198.
>>
>>47275068
Nope. Nobody has it.
>>
>>47269210
What was that guy even doing
>>
>>47275327
Wouldn't you only have 1 free Reach on the first Attainment?
>>
>>47275068
>Mage: The Awakening 2e pdf

https://www.sendspace.com/file/q552qu
>>
>>47275400
Not if it's a Mind 1 spell, since the first attainment always requires Mind 2.
>>
>>47272018
>implying she isn't a Setite
>>
>>47269981
You're playing Mage: the Awakening; you've got that covered already.
>>
>>47275530

Could be Lasombra too, they all look the same to me
>>
>>47275068
Dude it was leeked the day before it went sale.
>>
>>47274197
>>47274248
>>47274848
And THIS is why he doesn't post any more! :D
>>
>>47271882
True, but, part of the thing was Awakening vs. Ascension was to make the world less human-centric. In Ascension, will-working came from humans perceptions of reality (yes, yes, gross over-simplification, I know), while in Awakening, the Supernal Realms are something external to humanity. If it'd been about Platonic ideals and the collective unconsciousness, that'd be another human-centric angle.
(Though, I agree with you, that would be pretty cool.)
>>
>>47275449
Where are you getting that? I'm genuinely curious, 'cause I don't know the rules super well. My understanding, though, was that a Legacy Attainment always has Reach based on its dot level—so the first Attainment always considers your Arcana to be 1 for the purposes of Reach. That's how the 11Q's Attainments are designed, isn't it?
>>
>>47268865
>kind of haze in the air and a smell of ozone, not unlike the fresh,
>cooling feeling to be got from standing near a waterfall.

ozone. waterfall. you don't go outside ever, do you.
>>
>>47275350
I must have missed that, actually.

Also, no joke but this sounds like student-teacher fucking is beneficial for Legacies.
>Mentors and students have a Strong sympathetic link to one another. After a scene where they interact over some mystically meaningful or emotional and intimate matter, both earn an Arcane Beat. This Beat can only be earned once per chapter (game session), even if the tutor interacts with multiple students, or the student is also a tutor, and meets with both teacher and pupil over a short period of time

>tfw shudo wizards
Feels good
>>
>>47276069
>sounds like student-teacher fucking is beneficial for Legacies
How else are you gonna penetrate dat mystery?
>>
>>47275820
>Fixed Reach: Attainments do not use Reach in the usual way. Instead, Attainments receive only the Paradox-free Reach for meeting and exceeding Arcanum requirements, and may not Reach further. They also use the Arcanum rating of their dot, not that of the user. For example, a two-dot spell that becomes a three-dot Attainment should be designed as if it automatically has +2 Reach, even if the user actually has four dots. This lack of dynamism is one of an Attainment’s disadvantages. To utilize a comparable power more flexibly, the mage should cast a spell instead. Most Attainments use one Reach for instant “casting”; those that don’t (being based on ritual spells) take one scene of preparation to use.
>Page 198

There's literally a guide to making Attainments before the information on 11Q
Why does nobody read the book?
>>
>>47276240
But this says exactly what I was saying:

>a two-dot spell that becomes a three-dot Attainment should be designed as if it automatically has +2 Reach

Therefore, a one-dot spell as a one-dot attainment would have +1 Reach. Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>47276271
>They also use the Arcanum rating of their dot, not that of the user.
It gets Reach based on the Arcanum requirement of the Attainment, not which Attainment it is. By the logic you're using, a First Attainment that acts as a 2-dot spell would have NO reach, and probably be un-usable, despite the fact that it requires 2 dots to use.
>>
>>47276240
>Why does nobody read the book?
Why does everybody act like a jerk?

If you're >>47275449 then you're flat-out wrong about how attainments are designed, so don't act so put-upon. Reach is based on the dot level of the attainment, not the Mage's arcana.
>>
>>47276329
Doesn't the first Attainment only require one dot, though? That's what the table on page 199 says. This is why I asked where you were getting the idea that you had to have Arcana 2 to learn the first Attainment...
>>
>>47276344
>Reach is based on the dot level of the attainment, not the Mage's arcana.
I literally NEVER said it was based on the Mage's Arcana
It's based on the Arcanum requirement. Not the Attainment number, not the Mage's personal dots, but the Attainment's Arcanum requirement. That is all I have ever said.

>>47276371
>Eleventh Question's first Attainment requires Time 2
Honestly, now I'm thinking this is just something that needs to be clarified by Errata, because you need to have 2 dots to join the Legacy, but I guess the first Attainment only gets the effect of one dot, for some reason?

I hadn't looked that closely at the table before, though; only ever looked at the Gnosis requirements for the various levels.
>>
>>47276371
>This is why I asked where you were getting the idea that you had to have Arcana 2 to learn the first Attainment...
>>47276537
>you need to have 2 dots to join the Legacy
Before someone calls me out on this, it does say you need 2 dots on page 197
>Before initiation, your mage must possess at least two dots in the Legacy’s new Ruling Arcanum. She must also possess two dots of Gnosis. If she’s founding her own Legacy, the requirement is increased to three dots.
>>
>>47276537
I think the Time 2 is just a requirement for joining the Legacy; the first Attainment doesn't list any requirements besides initiation. (Technically, I guess, it ought to list Time 1 as a requirement—but it's implied that you have that if you've been initiated already.) Theoretically you could have other Legacies that only required a ruling Arcanum at 1 to join them...

My impression was that the first Attainment, then, pretty much has to be a one-dot spell. Which means that updating some 1e Legacies will probably require making their original first Attainment the new second Attainment.

Could be something worth bringing up in the FAQ, though, since it obviously isn't spelled out that well in the book right now.
>>
>>47276650
>>47276675
Weird. So as written, it seems like you need 2 dots to join the Legacy, but your first Attainment is treated as if you only had 1 dot. It works, I guess, but I can see how that'd be confusing.
>>
>>47276069
Fuck, my Mage avoided making a move on his mentor since he thought it would be in poor taste. He could have been getting laid and xp? Fuck.
>>
>>47276719
Well it IS the one dot Attainment.

>>47276727
My Mage once got into a situation where he was dead set on stopping some 50+ something ice queen hot librarian from sleeping with her 15 year old boy apprentice. Though for him it was less the student teacher fucking thing and more that he felt she was taking advantage of him.
The game fell apart, but my Mage ended up mentoring a Sleeper and trying desperately not to sleep with her even though they both wanted it, because of his own hang ups. Also because he was kind of a shameless rip off of Harry Dresden's self-doubting occult detective trope.
>>
>>47268439
While many of them sound great like being an infospy or a knowledge priest, you can't go past the FREEDOM of the Free Council, or perhaps a particularly Raulsian Silver Ladder
>>
>>47276768
My Mage had none of the hang ups , and him choosing not to make a move on his legacy mentor shocked my ST. Like, truly baffled him. Because he had made moves on almost every female NPC, since he was basically a pick up artist before he awakened.
>>
So quick question guys. A Mage with Mind 5 can possess people, but what happens when thet target multiple people at once? Like say 4-5 sleepers.
>>
>>47276856
How many mental actions can the mage take?
One Mind - Two Thoughts, and upgrades are what you are looking for here.
>>
>>47276069

>tfw no milf mentor to teach you magic
>>
>>47276727
>>47276768
>>47276826
My players never make moves on anyone. :(

I was happy when I at least managed to get one of the players in my Geist game to have his character kiss the Sin-Eater NPC who was totally into him... so he could experience the moment of her death flashing before his eyes. Shoulda remembered to turn that off.
>>
>>47276826
Well, mentor apprentice relationships aren't actually that uncommon. It's just that usually in history they were gay, and as such don't get talked about often. Spartans and samurai did it, though.
>>
>>47269746
if you think the orders are reactionary you must fucking hate the Tribes from werewolf
>>
>>47276951
Dude, I'm sorry. Celibate characters don't make much sense in a social game, but I can see where players might feel awkward.
>>47276978
Nah, I get that. He just wanted to avoid making things awkward when she would be showing him how to control people's emotions.
>>
>>47277070
Not roleplaying it doesn't necessarily imply that they're celibate. Some people just don't dig on roleplaying that kinda stuff out as it feels odd, and that's totally okay.
>>
>>47277132
Does it need to be roleplayed out so much as stated?

I tend to leave that stuff off the table too, but I wonder if it would be so terrible to let it be known two characters have totally boned, without making a huge deal about it. Sure it colors other interactions, but that is an important part of RPing in general.

Like, when character A and character B disagreed so much on what to do before a hunt that several members of the pack didn't go, that ALSO changed the way they roleplay with each other.

Is saying two characters had sex that much different than that? It seems less impactful really.
>>
>>47277132
I mean, I don't erp. But my character is a flirt, so he'll act like it. I'm definitely more on the side of roleplay over rollplay, you know? It's why I dig CofD so much.
>>
>>47277070
>>47277132
>>47277157
I think the assumption is probably there, on the players' part, that they can't just step out of character and go, "Okay, so I guess we have sex now?"

Even though that'd probably be fine, it's maybe not the most intuitive thing for a player to do.

Like in my Geist game: the two Sin-Eaters are standing on the girl's front steps late at night after a New Years party. They'd had a lot of character interaction up to this point that had made it pretty clear she was into him, even if he hadn't made his own feelings clear. But when we were roleplaying out the scene, the player was obviously pussyfooting around what he knew to be the dramatically appropriate outcome. Finally, he snapped out of character for a moment and said something to the effect of, "Well, I guess it would make sense for my character to do this, sooo..."

Later he said he'd felt like I actually built the scene up very naturally, and that it hadn't felt forced to him. But I could tell that, in the moment, the player wasn't totally in his comfort zone—that is, he wasn't really sure what was the non-awkward way to handle the scene, and he almost chose the less dramatic option because of it.

I don't know if there's anything I can do as a Storyteller to help my players be more comfortable with handling subjects like this, since I think it is really valuable material for such a socially-driven rpg.
>>
>>47277290
I don't think there's any helping it--a relationship between two characters that ends up developing through play is always going to be a little awkward, if only because there's a bit of a disconnect between the player and their character, and they're going to feel awkward describing what they'd do in a situation like that.
The best you can do is try to keep it as not-weird as possible.

Example of what not to do: I once had a game where the ST revealed my dude's boyfriend-who-went-missing to be a powerful authority figure in the city the game took place in, who had apparently 'used his shapeshifting to do some kinky stuff in bed'. It felt like he dumped his fetish into the game, and I had no idea what to do. So, we ended up just staring at each other for a few minutes and saying a few things, before he put his mask back on and excused himself to go back to being completely uninvolved with anything we were doing.

TL;DR: Don't do anything that could be easily misconstrued as a fetish in a game that isn't intended to be ERP, avoid making it weird, and that's probably the best you can do.
>>
>>47278284
>their character, and they're going to feel awkward describing what they'd do in a situation like that.
i personally feel weird because im worried its going to drift into ERP territory.
>>
>>47278301
The best option is to state what you're doing as bluntly as possible.
In the above situation, with the 2 Sin-Eaters on the girl's doorstep, for example, if the guy goes in for a kiss, don't drop any details, just plainly say he's going in for a kiss. It's up to the players if anything else happens after that, or if the guy just says goodnight and leaves, but, again, that's as simple as saying "Goodnight" and leaving, or closing the scene on the kiss.

I say these things, but I've never actually had an in-character relationship that amounted to anything; the closest I've come is a series of one-night stands in a Traveler game, which consisted entirely of me saying I left the ship and came back a couple hours later with another guy, then disappeared to my cabin for a while.
>>
I've posted here a few times, so maybe some of you will recognize me, but:
I am slowly but surely writing up a full OWoD/Cyberpunk 2020 crossover ruleset, and possibly even some setting details once I have the mechanics hammered out. As of now, it's not too detailed, save for a bit of cyberware written up, guns statted, and basic necessary rules in place (I also included some houserules, for whatever reason). Anyone care to tell me stuff I've completely fucked up on?
http://pastebin.com/NZaFpeRW

And while I'm asking, does anyone have any idea how I can convert the table of pic related to OWoD? The linear frames more or less override one's own strength in 2020, but BODY is used for more than just strength in that. I just find it too easy to cheese in OWoD if that were the case. The official version says to halve the strength rating, but that was really only for the first three. Halving the rating of the 52 STR frame would leave you with 26 strength, far beyond that of the feats of strength chart.
>>
>>47268187
is that actually a caucus? Looks like the seer pyramid in the background
>>
>>47279442
It's either a Seer Pyramid, or a Hierarch and his Councillors who have no idea at all how fucking shady and tyrannical they look.
>>
Is Doom Guy a Mastigos?
>>
>>47268439
Euthanatos, maybe.
Or Celestial Chorus - Prime is fun.
>>
>>47279634
No. He's a character in a completely different setting.

Anyhow, to answer your question: just because he deals with demons, it doesn't mean he is a Mastigos.
He doesn't really show enough personality to make sure where he'd swing. Thyrsus or Obrimos, most likely.
>>
>>47279695
>You cannot make Doom Guy in a Mage game.
Well shit, But I guess you could make a Mage who adopts the standard Doom Guy response to problems (Read: murders the everloving fuck of them.), right? Or would that just be a Banisher?
>>
>>47279838
Why go Mage if you want to be a raging deathmonster? That's what Werewolf, and to a lesser degree, Vampire is for.
>>
>>47279870
>Being a filthy monster as Doomguy

>>47279838
If anything he would be a member of VALKYRIE right?
>>
Are there any good groups that stream their sessions of this? I want to get into it, but I don't know how sessions are supposed to run.
>>
>>47279870
>>47279900
Of course you could say "No John, you are the demons." and then John was an Unchained.
>>
>>47279938
That would explain his Ripping and Tearing.
>>
>>47279973
Yep he's definitely a Destroyer with the Saboteurs Agenda.
>>
File: you are on mars who cares.jpg (355 KB, 575x900) Image search: [Google]
you are on mars who cares.jpg
355 KB, 575x900
>>47279993
How do you represent his environmentalism?
>>
>>47280044
That's quite hard to do in Demon, as being seen wading through radioactive sludge without a hazmat suit does bad things to your Cover.
>>
>>47279993
Shoot the cyber angel until it dies
>>
>>47280069
Or shoot it until you get the chance to rip is wings off and stab it to death with them.
>>
>>47280058
>Seen
Well there's your problem
>>
>>47278284
Put his mask back on? Do you mean metaphorically as in hid his fetish? Also, I feel that's a faux pas in more ways than one. You made the NPC, so you get to decide things like both "is a powerful authority figure" and "is kinky".

>>47278284
>>47278301
>TL;DR: Don't do anything that could be easily misconstrued as a fetish in a game that isn't intended to be ERP, avoid making it weird, and that's probably the best you can do.
>i personally feel weird because im worried its going to drift into ERP territory.
This time it actually isn't a joke, but I solve this by playing online text games in places like F-list, and these days I make it explicit that characters bonding and boning during downtime is acceptable and desired. Though IRC in general makes it easier to handle awkward things like romance, since it's even more Theater of the Mind.

>>47278383
>I say these things, but I've never actually had an in-character relationship that amounted to anything
This is sad. I honestly think that romance is great in games. It's a good motivation. I played a Mage game that felt like a dating sim sometimes, as my character tried juggling being friends with four girls and making them happy, and not leading them on or hurting them. He even got a Dream where he was at a speed dating event and they all told him about themselves.

>>47279181
>oWoD/Cyberpunk 2020
I hate this because I want it, but for nWoD. Well, not Cyberpunk 2020, more like generic cyberpunk, mostly because I hate Shadowrun's system. The trick is to copy the game's feel and themes and tone, not every little mechanic. Convert the idea, not the mechanics.
>>
>>47280381
Rory, please fug off.
t. Anonymous
>>
Thoughts on a Moros Legacy that focuses on Spirit?

The idea is based on a Legacy I wanted to go for with my detective character in an old 1e game, and was basically all about using Shadow Sculpting and Shape Ephemera and Ectoplasm and all those spells from 1e that were similar across Death and Spirit. You'd sculpt weapons out of Shadow or ephemera and use ectoplasm to create shells for ghosts and spirits.

Honestly, on writing it out here and thinking of how I'd do it in 2e, I'm realizing that the Spirit part isn't actually focused on enough to be the primary Arcanum. But I like Moros as a Path more than Thyrsus. How would you make a Moros based Spirit Legacy? "Bone Shadows Mages" seems the only good one I can think of. Anything else is just Death focused with Spirit as a very taxed secondary Arcanum.

Might still make the Shadows and talking to Ghosts Legacy, though.
>>
>>47280679
Furthermore you run into issues when considering that Spirit is Stygia's inferior Arcanum.
>>
>>47281084
Legacies can take your Inferior and make it Ruling. Dreamspeakers are Thyrsus with Mind as Ruling, despite being Thyrsus' Inferior Arcanum.
>>
>>47281177
Raises the question as to what you would call an Obrimos Death Legacy, or a Acanthus Legacy that used Forces.
>>
>>47281197
>Acanthus Forces
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Keeper
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Tamer_of_Winds

Obrimos don't have a Death Legacy, though I imagine they'd be Reapers who draw out the Supernal power of the Soul, since destroying a soul is universal sacrament Yantra for Subtle Arcana spells. I could also see them as less Reaper focused and instead more of a Promethean type thing, trying to understand the supernal nature of the soul and where they come from.

It's not impossible, just rare, and you're not barred from certain Legacies simply because the main Arcanum is in your Inferior; a Thyrsus can be a Logophage and a Moros can be a Goaler of Ialdabaoth (which was one of the options I was thinking about in that game, the other being an accidental Scelestus and branching the Legacy to be about controlling and cauterizing Abyssal taint).
>>
>>47281197
There's two of the latter in 1e. A weather-based one and the Tamers of Air.

If you want to make a legacy that uses its path's inferior arcanum, I'd start by considering why that arcanum is inferior. In the case of Acanthus, Forces are more like cogs in the machine of Fate and Time; there's no inherent meaning to them the way an Obrimos sees it. So you get weather manipulation, which is the complex interplay of Forces on a large scale.

For a Moros Spirit legacy, I'd maybe start thinking with spirits of objects and matter and making a Spirit/Matter legacy out of that, or a Spirit/Death legacy dealing with the soul (one of the blurbs in To The Strongest, the one with the soul jars, seems like a good starting point).
Dreamspeakers are more of a top-down case where the concept of dreamtime shamans immediately suggests Mind and Thyrsus.

If you have a concept already, I wouldn't try to force it in order to make your inferior arcanum ruling. Matter and Death by themselves can sculpt a lot of stuff.
>>
>>47281323
I was mostly going with the similarities between Spirits and Ghosts, but honestly because of my interests, it's really more of a Death Primary, bite-the-bullet-and-deal-with-Inferior-Spirit type Legacy. I could think of that for Spirit Primary, but it's not the same as the thing I wanted for that character. Come to think of it, with the way things are now, doing one with Mind might also be good.

I was thinking of converting it for a player to join in my upcoming game. Mind-focused might be good for him, since he's that character I mentioned before that's an /x/-phile who Awakened when he summoned a ghost instead of a succubus. A Legacy that manipulates Morpheans like Ghosts might be perfect. Spoopy tulpas and shadowmen. That kind of thing.
>>
>>47268439
Adamantium Arrow. Honor, integrity, balls of steel.
>>
>>47268187
Everyone except me made souls indestructible? You can drain their energy off and cast them aside, but you can't actually dismantle them.
>>
Question: which gameline is most suited for playing a cyborg? Promethean and Demon don't count, due to them not being enhanced in the same way as a once-human character would be.

I was thinking Werewolf or Mage would probably be best. Mage has more diversity of powers, but would magical cybernetics fail under Sleeper scrutiny? I have somewhat more familiarity with cyborg werewolves, as they showed up in Apocalypse from time to time, and an Iron Masters lodge of Cyber Dogs seems like it might be interesting.
>>
>>47281951
>Iron Masters lodge of Cyber Dogs
Lodge of the Punished Wolf?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzmLL6-fYOY
>>
>>47281999
I still really want an anti monster PMC as a Hunter group.
>>
>>47281951
Check this shit out:
>http://www.thesubnet.com/portal/cod/mtaw/LegacyAu.html

It's a left-handed Mage Legacy about secretly replacing parts of your body with magically-fueled cybernetics to transcend the limits of your frail human form. I love their second Attainment.
>>
>>47281951
I think there's a minor template in Hurt Locker that does this.
>>
>>47281951
>Mage has more diversity of powers, but would magical cybernetics fail under Sleeper scrutiny?
I know you have the Transhuman Engineers and the Uncrowned Kings, but I'm not sure which others would fit what you are after.
>>
>>47282071
>>47282031
Aside from these three, are there any other cybernetics-oriented Legacies?
>>
>>47281309
>>47281197

I once thought up an Obrimos Death-Ruling Legacy, I should convert them to 2e.

They were an Adamantine Arrow Legacy with an organization based loosely around a Knightly Order. Each member chose some legendary knight or hero (often taking their name as their Shadow Name, if it wasn't already) and using a combination of Death and Prime to summon the "shade" of said hero and willingly let them "possess" them, letting them do things like summon phantasmal (though they'd be Platonic now) versions of legendary weapons and armor and such wielded by their "totemic hero." They're nearly left-handed because the legacy's organization is actually lead by its original founders, who are all powerful Ghost Mages living in a Dead Dominion in the Underworld.
>>
>>47282152
Not that I know of, but you can check out what I believe is a complete list of 1e Legacies on the same website I linked to:
>http://www.thesubnet.com/portal/cod/mtaw/LegacyListDesc.html
>>
>>47282193
Sounds like a cross between the Stygian Heralds and the Sodality of the Tor.
>>
What's the six watchtower, guys
>>
AEON CONTINUUUM WHEN
>>
>>47282314
Not canon.
>>
Have any of you guys run an espionage-focused campaign? I've read a bit on tradecraft and it seems. I'm still trying to figure what game to run. Demon is obvious but I don't think my group would be much into the premise and the setting. I'm thinking Awakening...
>>
>>47280381
No, I mean, the boyfriend legitimately wore a mask; it was an Exalted game, and the ST decided that after he went missing, he became the Emissary of Nexus.
>>
>>47282240
Kinda, yea

>>47282314
It's the Blood, duh. And the 7th is the Soul.

The Tremere were right
>>
>>47281197
>Raises the question as to what you would call an Obrimos Death Legacy

I was looking for an appropriate one yesterday. Closest I got was Singers in Silence who are shit
>>
>>47282314
>Prime as an inferior arcarnum

"Lets make a Pathway to the supernal by limiting people's ability to use the arcarnum designed to affect mana and supernal symbols/Truth"

GENIUOS!!
>>
>>47283023
But seriously, what were they smoking when they cam up with these guys?
>>
Was the decision on which arcarnum is inferior just arbitrary? Mixture of subtle and gross, not always the same number of points away on the star, what gives?
>>
>>47283251

The thematic choice of each inferior arcanum is explained in the Path sections of book.

However, the lack of pentagram consistency was due largely to game balance considerations. It would be too penalizing to force PC's to have Arcana like Prime or Space as inferior.
>>
How many Obrimos Legacies use Matter?
>>
>>47268187
Okay, I have a prepared chronicle for DtF with Earthbound, but I have no DtF players. Instead I have a group of MtAw players. With which kind of supernatural creature can I replace Earthbound without rewriting essential parts of chronicle?
>>
>>47283833
None
>>
>>47283873
Well,I guess you could fix that by making one based on the Da'at Yichud from Wolfenstein:The New Order, thought I'm not sure if they would be Matter+Prime or Matter+Forces.

http://wolfenstein.wikia.com/wiki/Da'at_Yichud
>>
>>47283964
I'd say Prime.
>>
File: What Did I Just Read.jpg (52 KB, 526x300) Image search: [Google]
What Did I Just Read.jpg
52 KB, 526x300
The Whipping Boys are a Legacy that uses BDSM techniques to achieve a trance state, pushing themselves beyond pain to find enlightenment. Of course, that involves moving past the initial feelings of disgust or discomfort, or even homophobia, experienced by the mage.
>>
>>47284264
Isn't this an exact literal description of their 1e version? Like, yes, obviously?
>>
>>47284332

Some people aren't familiar with their appearence in 1e. I doubt that Keys to the Supernal Tarot is a very popular book.
>>
>>47284408
Yeah but you've also been posting about them in every thread since 2e came out
>>
Why are the prereqisites for the third attainment of the Stewards Of The Celestial Orrery a string of 'f's?
>>
>>47284663
Why do you think, genius?

Do you think you need a bunch of fs? Or it's a fucking error?
>>
>>47284663
3 rd : Supernal Clarity
Prerequisites: Gnosis 7, Time 4
>>
>>47284179
So the layout would be something like this:
>1st: Prerequisites: Gnosis 3, Prime 1, Matter 2, Crafts 1
>2nd: Gnosis 5, Prime 3, Matter 3, Crafts 3
>3rd: Gnosis 7, Prime 4, Matter 4, Crafts 5

Would this be a good spread for the attaiments?
>>
>>47284824
If you're making them for 1e, sure.

But in 2e you need 5 attainments, not 3.
>>
>>47284899
Ah, Okay, any idea for where the other two should go? I'm thinking one at Gnosis 4 which covers Matter and Crafts 2 with optional Forces and one that uses all three Arcana (Matter & Prime+optional Forces) and Crafts, but I have no idea where that one would would go as far as Gnosis requirements are concerned.
>>
>>47285129
In 2e, the basic Attainment requirements go like this:

• Gnosis 2, Primary Arcana 2
•• Gnosis 2, Primary Arcana 2
••• Gnosis 4, Primary Arcana 3
•••• Gnosis 6, Primary Arcana 4
••••• Gnosis 8, Primary Arcana 5

Plus whatever additional requirements you want to add, of course.

Also, I think that requiring everyone in your Legacy to become some of the greatest craftsmen in the world (with Crafts 5) is a little silly.
>>
>>47283838
Just use the Earthbound. Take out the dumber, more explicitly Christianity is Right parts of the Earthbound's backstory and use powerful demons. Read Inferno to get a feel, though I wouldn't suggest actually using any of the mechanics, especially if you're in 2e.

>>47284264
That's true, yes. I'm not seeing what the problem is, it's not exactly opaque or ambiguous.
>>
>>47285237
Actually, as we discussed yesterday(>>47276371, >>47276537, >>47276650, >>47276719), it's kinda ambiguous what dot-rating the first attainment uses.
11Q's First Attainment acts like it's being cast with Time 1, though, so it's probably intended that the First be treated as a one-dot casting of the spell.
>>
File: owl demon is speechless.jpg (196 KB, 1024x756) Image search: [Google]
owl demon is speechless.jpg
196 KB, 1024x756
Are the Striges from the Abyss?
>>
>>47275050
Mage cops with good rotes and fighting style(s)?
>>47268439
I don't think I'd want to be in an Order. Unless I'm forced, in which case Free Council.
>>
>>47285621
The Strix are not from the Abyss
There is not such thing as the Striges
Strix is a plural singular
Stop trying to pluralize or singularize it. It's both, already.
>>
>>47285621
Yes, no, maybe, i don't know, can you repeat the question

Probably maybe possibly not
>>
>>47285621
Sandwich.
>>
>>47285537
That's right. I guess the way I wrote it was a little unclear.

The first dot Attainment is technically treated as if you only had Primary Arcanum 1 when you create it. So, as far as we know, it has to be a 1-dot spell, and you get one free Reach on it.

However, joining a Legacy always requires you to have Gnosis 2 and the Primary Arcanum at 2. So even though the requirements for a first Attainment are technically only Primary Arcanum 1, they have an effective requirement of Primary Arcanum 2, since you'll need that to join the Legacy in the first place.
>>
>>47285621
>Striges
>not Strices
>>
>>47285688

Is Malcolm's mom from the Abyss?
>>
>>47285726
So for the Da'at Yichud, the Primary Arcanum would be Matter, right? So It would Be Gnosis 2 Matter 2 and then whatever you want to apply to it afterwards for the first Dot in the Attainment.

I think making Forces optional from the second Attainment onward would be a good move.
>>
>>47283838
Use demon the translation guide.
>>
Is there any way for there to be a mixed game including a Hunter (or something lower on the tier list alongside things higher on it) WITHOUT the Hunter being gimped?
>>
>>47285887
No, because That would be like Hank Hill cameoing in the Justice League and expecting to measure up
>>
>>47285887
make the hunter a ghoul or proximus
>>
>>47285679
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Strix
>The Strix, plural Striges, (also known as the Birds of Dis or Nemeses) are mysterious owl-like creatures with a special connection to vampires. They date at least back to the time of Rome, where they made a bargain with the Julii.

>>47285887
Supernatural merits
Endowments
More mundane Experiences for merits
Not caring

>>47285907
Hawkeye is an Avenger
>>
>>47285887

Have the hunter travel with like 5 or 6 other hunters

Those hunters are men in black style, all the same dressed in suits and never saying a word just following orders
>>
>>47285921
>Hawkeye is an Avenger

Hawkeye is a Proximi. No mere mortal hole-in-one's an entire golf course
>>
>>47285940
Being the greatest marksman in the world doesn't make him a Proximi.
He's just got Dex 5, Athletics 5, and probably Firearms 5.
Maaaaybe he's a Ghoul, with some Celerity.
>>
>>47285965
Point is he's not a Hunter, he's got some kind of super shit going on
>>
>>47285965
Nah he's mortal
>"The city is flying, there tons of robots, I have a bow and arrow...none of this makes any sense."
>>
>>47285974
>Implying Ghouls and other minor templates can't be Hunters
>Implying Endowments don't exist
>>
>>47285921
>>47285918
>>47285907
>>47285925
Also my ST allowed a Vampire (two, in fact), a Changeling, a Sin-Eater, a Werewolf and a Mage.

And I'm just sitting here with Resources 4. What do?
>>
>>47285921
>The Strix, plural Striges
Wow, that's seriously the plural form? Who thought that up? There's no way anyone would naturally pluralize it that way. It sounds even dumber than "Strices" >>47285755

Personally, I'd probably just use Strix as the plural form too.
>>
>>47285887
Let the Hunter player control his whole cell. It would allow him to keep up relatively well, as long as your player can handle multiple characters.
>>
>>47286038
the wiki is wrong
>>
>>47286112
Good.
>>
>>47286038
It because they were called that back in romen times. Dude do some research before bitching.
>>
>>47286126
>romen
What happened to all the rowomen?
>>
>>47285997
Is your storyteller giving you extra exp? They recommend doing that in a danse macabre for ghoul players. So should stand to reason that as a hunter you should have more exp.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.