[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever played a master of disguise type character? Either
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Have you ever played a master of disguise type character? Either using "traditional" props in a real-world game, super science or magic? It's an interesting archetype that doesn't see much play and I can totally see a Mission Impossible style fantasy campaign.
>>
Yeah, I played a changeling. The pale gaunt shapeshifter race kind, not the stolen at birth kinds. One of the main focuses of the character was being able to turn a corner down an alleyway and change appearance in moments.
>>
>>47263551

Is this that redeemed succubus meme again?
>>
>>47263551
Anon.... help me! All I can think about is that awful movie when reading your post.
Master of Disguise trailer
>>
>>47263673

anon pls
>>
>>47263551
Masters of disguise are my favorite kind of characters to play as since I can play any kind of character I want by impersonating whoever I want. I played a D&D 5e disguise user and a Delta Green disguise user.

The D&D one was really hard to use, mechanically speaking, as I set up him as a thief/warlock because I loved the fluff behind warlocks without realizing that class is fucking awful if you want to do anything other than constantly spamming offensive cantrips, but the thief part really came in handy as I gave him expertise in Deception which made almost any lie coming out of him nearly impossible to fail. Prior to the disguise character I played a sorcerer that I wanted to stop playing as, so the GM ended up killing him off in a big fight, grabbing a generic drow enemy as he fell off a cliff. The random drow turned out to be my disguise character, in disguise, who was ordered to assassinate my old sorcerer. Besides that one disguise though I only had him end up disguising himself as enemy soldiers in a few fights, one of which was done in secret to have the other party members surprised when a random enemy just stabs one of his comrades and does a "it was me, Dio!" on everyone.

In the Delta Green game I played an undercover DEA agent from Louisiana who believed voodoo was real and thought that the agency conspiracy had something to do with it. Delta Green doesn't really give much in terms of rules for playing masters of disguise, and I was playing with a group of people that weren't rules lawyers, so there were rarely any rolls needed for my character I just had to make sure to always have a backup plan. My DEA agent impersonated: A priest that was just driving through town in order to see one of our targets in a hospital without needing any form of id, a small time loan shark with a heart of gold, a drug dealer, and maybe one or two other personalities that I can't quite remember. I was constantly building up elaborate lies, it was great.
>>
>>47263673
fuck you

I had put that out of my mind, and you had to bring it back
>>
>>47263740

Sounds great anon. Well done.
>>
>>47263657
Do you have brain problems
>>
>>47263551

This is a fetish, isn't it.
>>
>>47263848

Anon, anything can be a fetish

Even you
>>
>>47263939

Disgusie is pretty sexy at least, makes for a great game of PRETEND in-universe.
>>
File: vs.jpg (64 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
64 KB, 250x250
>>47263774

But anon-kun, disguise the limit ...
>>
>>47263774
What, are you not turtley enough for the turtle club?

Blast it it's been years since I've suffered through that trailer how do I remember any of it
>>
>>47263551
I once played a Rogue with a Hat of Disguise. I used it creatively, and had a lot of fun with it.

It wasn't the core of the character, but appearing as pretty much any person you want is a powerful trick. I conned a businessman by posing as a saucy strumpet (and then immediately changed back when the deal was done and his wife found us). I kept a charade on a train going by impersonating the people we were quietly murdering in the back. I trailed people through a city as an unnoteoworthy beggar. I even pretended to be an invading army by dressing up as a soldier and running to different places.

It's a lot of fun, in the right setting. I still want to play straight spy one of these days.
>>
A succubus costume seems like a universally bad idea.
>>
>>47263551
>tfw no erp game with a mistress of disguise PC
>>
I know that art
>>
File: that's-my-fetish.gif (2 MB, 280x182) Image search: [Google]
that's-my-fetish.gif
2 MB, 280x182
>>47266313
I also know that art.

>>47263848
You are correct, this art is fetish art.
>>
>>47266454

Fortunately for you it is also MY fetish.
>>
>>47263848
>>47266454
>>47266701
Except there's nothing fetish about it.
>>
>>47270190

That's what you think
>>
File: bond.jpg (108 KB, 1248x832) Image search: [Google]
bond.jpg
108 KB, 1248x832
>tfw you will never be part of an all-stealth party
>rogue, trickery domain cleric, illusionist/enchantment wizard, max bluff/disguise bard, ranger/druid for wilderness sneaking missions, etc.
>>
>>47263551
Actually, yeah. A tiefling spawn of some horrid demon or another ended up being an albino monstrosity with gangly limbs, blotchy skin and really jagged teeth.

Admittedly her chosen method of hiding her appearance was less master of disguise-y and more actively fucking the perceptions of everybody in the room so that instead of Fugly McGee she looked like a dashing but largely nondescript bard-ish guy.

Came to a head when we failed to consider that the extremely rich noble would obviously have an item of true seeing, so he put on his reading glasses and then recoiled in disgust and started pointing and yelling at my character, who panicked, cast colour spray, turned invisible, and fled the room.
>>
>>47270190
It's a body suit. There is almost always an active body suit thread on /d/.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.