[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer quest Silver Tower Game Stories!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 14
File: WHQSilverTowerHeroesENG_Slot2.jpg (685 KB, 950x700) Image search: [Google]
WHQSilverTowerHeroesENG_Slot2.jpg
685 KB, 950x700
Hi Everyone. Got back Earlier from my local GW (London) after having played 2 games of Silver Tower (1 short and 1 unfinished but both great)

I wanted to share my stories and hopefully get to hear the stories and thoughts of others who played the game (Personally i think it might be the best boardgame made by gw)

SO, let's start

Game 1, 6 players (4 heroes and 2 villains)

I played as the villain as many people wanted to try the game and as i preordered it i could take my time. Because of that i became a GM with assistant, i was the gaunt summoner and assistant was blort the book familiar. As a gaunt summoner i rolled the dice for the bad guys while my assistant helped me and also rolled some dice.

Against= two dwarf doomseekers, 1 sigmarite knight and 1 crazy dark elf.

This game was short (3 rooms) but was great fun: first room corridor with 8 spider gobbos. Doomseeker 1 (Beavis) Runs in and kills a gobbo. The knight (lets call him leeroy) follows in, moves past him and also kills 1 gobbo. Second doomseeker (butthead) runs up next to Beavis and kills 1 goblin then the dark elf (Rabies) runs past everyone to stand next to knight and kills 1 goblin. At this time im asking them to be original while my assistant repeats his name Blort. I have a conversation with him about how terrible these adventurers were. Next the knight accidentally activates an event causing everyone else to take a wound and while everyone else curses him the team finishes off the rest of the gobbos.

Second room: Library with a souped up pink horror (the librarian) Now the dwarf players realize they can throw axes for free at the end of their turn. So Beavis misses and Butthead hits. Rabies teleports behind the librarian and deal 4 wounds to it (it has 8 thanks to being a fancy horror). Leeroy on the other hand walks off into a portal and finds himself behind the librarian... and ignores it, walking off to activate the next room. Doesnt reach it yet not enough movement.
(post continues)
>>
Next turn, Elf and the two dwarves take out the librarian down to two wounds, then Beavis misses his thrown axe and Butthead hits (remember this pattern) The horror now on one wound takes Butthead down to 1 health. Now Leeroy, instead of helping his team out... decides to open up the next portal, hence his name. Door opens up to one of the end levels (they complete this level they win the game). Now here is the fun part, in that room were 6 Tzeentch gors, and as the knight was the last one to move that round all he could do was armor up to a 3+ and hope for the best... He got eradicated by the gors and died a painful death. In the next round the Rabie,s Beavis and Butthead were panicking as the gors would destroy them. Butthead finishes off the Horror and the little horrors that spawned from that while Rabies and Beavis blocked the room entrance so they only had to fight 2 gors at once. Butthead healed up while the other two killed off a Gor.
Now here is the fun part, little did they realize that the room had two tricks up it's sleeve.
1: whenever a gor died the other ones would gain 2 wounds (last gore had 15 wounds)
2: if there were two or more players in the final room once all the gors died... they'd have to fight each other to the death for the prize of a shard of amulet.
At this point me and my assistant were talking about how i was a genius setting up all these traps myself and how i was good looking.*cough cough*
Then the players thought up a genius plan. The two dwarves would stand at the doorway throwing axes into the room while Rabies teleported in the center and gained the gor's attention. This took a few rounds but it worked.
Thanks to this tactic they killed the gors and won the game without having to kill each other.

(post continues)
>>
During that time though i made a mental count of the axes thrown by the dwarves... Beavis Hit 0 and Butthead hit all of them. We decided that Beavis was so bad at throwing the axes that they were all thrown next to Butthead who proceeded to be a sharpshooter.
We also all laughed at Leeroy for being a prick and dying off on his lonesome... dammit Leeroy.
If you guys want to hear the second story im happy to oblige. I also would like to hear the stories of others who tried the game out. (i will be playing more of this tommorow so i'll have more stories.
>>
>>47254180
please continue anon, you have my attention
>>
Go on !
>>
>>47255014
Where did OP go?
>>
>>47255014
>>47254987

Okay:

Game 2, 7 players

I DM again with another assistant versus 5 players this time ( normally 2-4 players but we decided bugger it, lets have everyone play.)

Now this time we used extra characters. As i pre-ordered the game i got shiny char cards of not only the 6 new heroes but also 4 older ones.

So now its me and my assistant vs Leeroy the knight, McHealerson the priest and his killer pup, Bait the doomseeker, Indiana boned the auric runemaster and faggot the Knight venator.

And now we also knew of respite rules and of treasure.

Now here we had 5 rooms before we had to finish due to store closing.

1st to go is faggot who started in the back line so couldn't open the door so fully wasted a turn.

Leeroy opened the door into 10 grots and killed 1, bait ran in and missed all his attacks + thrown axe. Indiana boned used an aoe and dealt a wound to 3 grots and Bait. Faggot realized that the knight venator was op (thus the name) and just insta killed 3 grotz without any effort. Mchealerson healed Bait while his killer pup killed off two grotz.

Now here im teasing them by saying they arn't as fabulous as me and then respite happens! Now everyone goes searching for treasure and the only ones to get them are mchealerson and leeroy. Leeroy gets a shield that gives a 4+ feel no pain which dissapears on a 1 and mcheal gets a potion of extra attacks, they swap. (The auric runemaster gets more points for every treasure he finds... make a note of this.)

Next room, more spider grotz and BAM Mcheal takes a wound, and his new fancy shield crumbles when he roles a one, i laugh at his face saying he needs to invest in something better than imagination.

Fagot easily kills the goblins cos overpowered arrows of instakilling.

Bait runs in and misses everything, again and auric runemaster kills last gobbo. Respite phase and Guess who doesn't get treasure? Mister Indiana boned.

(post continues)
>>
Now here is the fun moment, leeroy opens the next door and i laugh maniacly as an assasin, 10 gobbos, 2 cultists and 4 blue horrors get summoned... and everything takes a wound and get stunned (they get less actions)

Now they are all panicking as McHealer is the quarry of the assasin. Fagot manages to kill a cultist and 2 blue horrors while leeroy tanks everything and the rest try to keep the assasin off mchealerson.

I curse the assasin as he misses every single attack with 1s. (got 4 ones) can't hire a rat to do a good job. He dies to the whole team. Then the cultists and half the gobs run away.

Then Mchealerson's killer pup went full murderer, don't know what the priest fed him but he went around killing most of what was left in the room. Last kill went to Fagot, smug prick.

Now here is where things get interesting, Respite happens and of course no treasure for indiana.

The room the party was in currently had 2 exits.

Leeroy opens a door up and boom, 6 cultists and blue horrors. So while the team was fighting them off Fagot decided to be a cocky prick. I quote "Im way too op so i'll go on my own and win this guys"

he opens into 3 gors while the rest of the team fought the big army of guys. He manages to kill 1 gore but then the other two bum rushed him. Dealing 4 out of faggot's 5 wounds in a go. Now faggot let a sigh of relief. I ruined it all by reminding him that for every wound the gors did they get an extra peck attack. Gors used peck! it was super effective!

Now the team is panicking cos the bastard who took all the points was dead and they were now flanked.

The only saving grace was Mchealerson and killer pup: Mchealerson did 2 room sized aoes and wipsed all horrors out, then indiana aoes the cultists... at this point bait died to the gors by being... bait.

Now here is where killer pup goes in for the kill on one of them and the gor misses all its attacks on pup. Next turn killer pup proceeded to maim the last gore.

(post continues)
>>
Unfortunatly we had to end as there were 15 mins before store closed. So we did respite... Guess who got treasure! Not Indiana Jones that's for sure.

Mchealerson got a revive treasure but as the game ended we decided that off in some corner of the labyrinth I, the gaunt summoner, was t-bagging his corpse thus faggot couldn't be revived.

Mchealerson also got a skill which made it so that if was chaotic he got a bonus (is a priest chaotic? nope... no bonus for him)

After the game we all aggreed that knight venator (faggot) was too strong and that in future games he wouldn't be used.

I also cursed gw as i realized i loved this game too much and will probably try and get a model for all character cards (6 starting ones + preorder+ 4 extra in book + a whooping 37 that will be in the silver tower map.

That is all but tommorow i will play some more and will bring back stories.

In the meantime, any of you played the game and have your own stories?
>>
oh shit i didnt realise you could play as the Summoner
>>
Uh... There is no bad guy...? Isn't there?

In all the UN boxing videos, it shows rules for monster attitudes and movements, and the tzentch symbol is passed around indicating who the monster controller is
>>
Also... This game seems like it's just walk to the edge of time, new tile appears with bad guys in it. Where's the exploration? Hero quest STILL seems superior as there are actually empty areas that allow you to explore
>>
sick of all these quest threads on /tg/
>>
Right, time for clarification.

There is no point playing as the summoner as the bad guys follow rules (minions role on behaviour and stuff happens)

however because a lot of people wanted to people i decided to make the gaunt summoner special. By basicly being a dungeon master and telling the story of what the hell was hapening. I was also letting my assistant role for behaviour and attack for the enemies thus having more people in the game.

At one point me and my assistant did the whole emperors new grove pull the lever joke as one of the magic events killed one of our minions.
>>
>>47256095
In other words it sounds like you guys were having fun with it and making it your own while injecting flavor to the game. Well played we need more players like you because it seems like now a days people get too wrapped up in the rules and numbers
>>
>>47256095
Makes more sense now.

Can you give your review now instead of just the playthroygh?

I want to know why you think it's so good
>>
>>47256131
>>47256095
Kinda sounds like you weren't really playing the game at all (dms and extra players) how are you supposed to tell what the actual game is like?
>>
>>47256158
Case in point
>>
I was also the rules keeper, so when rules needed clarifying, that was my job.

>>47256141

So in my point of view this is probably the best board game GW has made.

Models are great, if everyone knows what they are doing then rules are simple enough and a blast too. Reading through the events, there is one where the player cannot talk anymore and has to do charades to communicate.

The major reason i find it fun, each round is actually different. Different characters (10 to start off with and 37 to follow with maybe some more after that.) with different rooms each time with different dice rolls which can add special events + treasures and skills that can change the playstyle. Heck the deck of cards for the rooms is huge! we only went through about 8 rooms and we barely made a dent in the room deck.

I recommend trying the game atleast once.
>>
>>47256225
>>47256158
>one guy playing the DM instead of passing it around. (perfectly valid)
>add one extra hero.
>YOU HARDLY EVEN PLAYED THE GAME!
Are you two autistic? Or retarded?
>>
>>47256320
Slightly both, so this is important to me
>>
>>47256320
I've been known to sperg out yes, but I say if they want to play with an extra hero and a guy as DM go for it as long as everyone is having fun
>>
I guess there would be easy to add some house rules for a gm player.
>can modify the dice rolls
>can pick and add additional monster of choice
>>
>>47254180
Will they release warscrolls for the units/characters in the new warhammer quest game?
>>
>>47256597

So this week's WD has the warscrolls for all the heroes and next week's will have the rules for the bad guys.
>>
>>47256622
thanks
>>
>>47256274
>Different characters (10 to start off with and 37 to follow
What? I thought there were only 6 heroes in this boxed set
>>
>>47258201
apparently if you pre order you get shiny new cards for 4 different heroes.
>>
OP has said a few things word for word that the GW manager I was talking to today said while demoing the game such as 'i think this is the best game gw has put out' which makes him sound like a PR shill to me desu.
It seems like a solid fun game but it has no room for expansion like the original which had infinite quests and opponents straight out of the box whereas this contains 9 quests and tzeentch only specific floorplans and minis, nice as they are.
>>
>>47260321
Not hard to sub them with any other existing minis

Even if they aren't GW products
>>
>>47260321
Weren't a lot of those quests added through articles like citadel journal?
>>
>>47260321
>no room for expansion
are you okay?
>>
File: 1463114049234.gif (207 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1463114049234.gif
207 KB, 400x267
>>47260605

BUSTA WULF!!!

And really there's no reason why new expansions won't come with more generic tiles or why you couldn't make your own tiles
>>
>>47260483
aye but you could make your own easily. Hopefully this will get the same sort of support down the line and some more variety in tiles/monster tables for different realms.
>>
>>47260848
You could probably do the same, I mean the rooms don't seem that hard to brainstorm.

And they're doing more heroes no? I think we'll definitely get to see some more stuff for it.
>>
Kind of funny, thread with criticism of new AoS stuff was immediately deleted, while this thread with clear PR is stays.
>>
>>47261238
I'd say you're just seeing what you want to see. I've seen several "criticism" inside and outside their general.
>>
>>47261715
>people on 4chan seeing what they want to see
no way
>>
>>47261800
Good point.
>>
>>47258382

If you pre order from LGS or pre order from GW online?
>>
>>47261715
>I'd say you're just seeing what you want to see
Says like pure manager from the store.
>>
>>47260701

>all bad guy cards are tzentch related

So every dungeon in the warhammer world is now packed full of pink horrors and shit?

They should have just updated the minis for the old warhammer quest game where a DM could make up his own floorplans and the players got to explore shit.

Im not %100 sold on this yet.
>>
>>47261940
Yeah, I wish it's more generic dungeon crawl shit. I'll just sit on my hands for now and wait for more expansions to come out.
>>
>>47258201
>>47258382
>>47261897
There's a few pages in the back of one of the manuals with the character cards for the 4 bonus heroes that you can buy on them (as well as the other villains you can buy). But yeah, so far it looks like the only way you can get them on an actual card, so far, is to pre-order and get the pack with the 10 foil character cards. And from what I can tell, it seems to only be something for pre-ordering in-store and not online. And one anon mentioned in a previous thread that not all LGS will get it because some have to buy in a pretty large bulk, not to mention that a decent chunk of GW stores are pulling some scummy moves in order to up purchases like requiring people to buy bundles to get the foil cards.
>>
>>47262427

Rumor mill says this is a test run though.

If it flops this is it.
But if its hot then more to come.

If everyone sits on their hands waiting for more there will not be more to come.
>>
I'm really wanting to buy it but its got waaaay too much filler. A third of the box is goblins, and familiars.

Its basically just 6 heroes, vs 12 Tzeenchth guys, which I can't justify with GW insane price for Australia stuff (much higher than either the Brit/Aus, or US/Aus exchange rate)
>>
>>47262633
>basically just 6 heroes, vs 12 Tzeenchth guys

How do you figure that?

6 new Warhammer Age of Sigmar Heros
Gaunt Summoner
8 Familiars
Ogroid Thaumaturge
2 Pink Horros
4 Blue Horros
4 pairs of Brimstoen Horros
8 Grot Scuglings
8 Kairic Acolytes
6 Tzaangors
2 Skaven Deathrunners
>>
>>47262545
Considering Blood Bowl and Adeptus Titanicus are coming out next year, I'm going to pass on WHQ, looks awful like everything AoS related.
>>
>>47262545
Well, I'm just being cautious, considering its hefty price tag and all. If it flops before any expansions to be announced, then that means it's not worth my money anyway. So yeah, I can wait.
>>
>>47262545
The in-app purchases are already a huge redflag.
>>
>>47262788
why?
>>
>>47262776
So fucking glad they didn't AoSify Blood Bowl. Even GW knows that if they did BB would be DOA.
>>
>>47262807
blatant money grab before the product is run into the ground.
>>
>>47262811
I can already see Sigmarine team just around the corner :D
>>
>>47262832
Nah, it clearly takes place in the alternate Old World of Blood Bowl. I guarantee if GW or FW did make a Sigmarite team, no one would buy it.
>>
File: adeptus_titanicus.jpg (72 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
adeptus_titanicus.jpg
72 KB, 500x344
>>47262776
>wonder what Adeptus Titanicus is
>google it
>box art "EPIC BATTLES BETWEEN GIANT ROBOTS"
>Well that answers that.
>>
File: 1307812589519.jpg (28 KB, 318x320) Image search: [Google]
1307812589519.jpg
28 KB, 318x320
>>47262832

>siglinemen
>MA 7
>S 5
>AG 4
>AV 9
>come with block, dodge and tackle
>70,000 gold
>throwers same stats but have pass, safe throw and sure hands for 80,000 gold
>blitzers are MA 8 and come with block, dodge, tackle, guard and mighty blow for 100,000 gold
>sigrunners are MA 9 AV 8 block, dodge, leap, fend, side step for 80,000 gold

BUY IT NOW FOR JUST $300!!!! WHAT A STEAL! GET THE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK FOR AN AMAZING LOW PRICE AND WIN EVERY GAME!!!!!
>>
File: DSC_9078.jpg (253 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9078.jpg
253 KB, 900x1600
>>47262888
Does that say Orruks or Orcs faggot? Face it, AoS is so bad it doesn't even know it needs to be aborted.
>>
>>47262888
>Nope.
blood bowl's always been an alternate universe

looks more like they're borrowing from the video games than anything else, which is fairly smart
>>
>>47262888

But annon.

It is stated in the lore that blood bowl is in its own alternate universe. Likely linked by chaos is something.

I mean. i guess archeon COULD breach the link and invade. but then blood bowl would no longer exist because grimderp AOS would curb stomp the blood bowl world what with people being more worried about the sport rather then battles n shit.
>>
>>47262950
>blood bowl's always been an alternate universe
But there is no any mentions of WHFB or Old World in new Blood Bowl, so deal with it Blood Bowl now is part of big and happy AoS family.
>>
>>47262979
there are no mentions of the mortal realms either

I know you're trying to get a rise out of people, but you really have to put some effort into it.
>>
>>47262979
>Not knowing that BB is an alternate Old World

Try harder AoSfag.
>>
>>47262986
>there are no mentions of the mortal realms either
Well yeah, except races from Mortal Realms, but also, BB always was WHFB funny spin-off, nothing more, so when WHFB is gone new BB is funny spin-off of AoS.
>>
I think pretending to play american football using minatures from fantasy settings may be the nerdiest thing ever.

I have no problem roleplaying or any form of tabletop bar that because it's a good time, do you not just feel straight up guilty?
>>
>>Alternate universe
>>Like it isn't possible that Sigmarines exist in alternate universe
Dream on bois :D
>>
>>47263011
>Well yeah, except races from Mortal Realms
No orcs in the mortal realms, chap.

I'm not sure you thought this argument through.
>>
>>47263044
>No orcs in the mortal realms, chap
So? It's not final version, they will rename them as orruk when new BB will release.
>>
This faggot is shitting up the BB General too. Just go ahead and report. Don't bother replying to this AoS shitstain.
>>
>>47263029
It's a board game idiot.
>>
>>47263143
Dude, you are posting in AoS game thread.
>>
>>47263304
shit posting is still shit posting. Are all AoS players this shitty?
>>
>>47262633
$55 cheaper from black cultist if that helps
>>
>>47261940
>So every dungeon in the warhammer world is now packed full of pink horrors and shit?

It's called Silver Tower.

Thus it is set in a Silver Tower of Tzeentch.

Silver Towers of Tzeentch are full of Tzeentch bad guys.
>>
>>47263418
>discussing AoS is shitposting
>>
>>47263877
Yes, and?
>>
>>47263903
But if you didn't like AoS why are you here?
>>
Any scan on heroes/monster cards or stats?
>>
>>47263921
AoS is like a traffic accident, you just have to watch.
>>
>>47263970
>AoS is like a traffic accident
It's pretty successful accident.
>>
>>47264014
you make no sense slav.
>>
>>47264049
What?
>>
>>47254180

About 9 months ago I emailed GW and said they should bring back Warhammer Quest.

You're all welcome.
>>
>>47264142
But it's not Warhammer quest.
>>
>>47263458
God, $210 and it's still cheaper? Jesus heckin christ
>>
Legally speaking what is stopping a rules clone of Orginal WHQ if it was in a non-Warhammer setting?
>>
>>47261940
>>47262545
>>47260321

You don't have to be a rocket surgeon to figure out that if Silver Tower is a hit we'll get Tower of Pestilence and Skullbloodmurder Tower too.

The reason they started with silver tower is so they could kill two birds with one stone and get some Tzeentch releases sculpted up at the same time, so even if it totally flops at least now we have Tzaangors and new horrors.
>>
>>47263922
You can catch glimpses of them in unboxing videos and there's been some pictures floating around of the character cards. Unless you mean the stuff for AoS, then those are just in White Dwarf.
>>
>>47264669
Doesn't matter, the biggest obstacle would be the other, better alternatives out there. The only reason people want original whq is nostalgia, it was amazing back then, but it's been surpassed now.
>>
>>47264765
but new WHQ doesn't even have a campaign
>>
>>47262979
>But there is no any mentions of WHFB or Old World in new Blood Bowl

Human team is called the Reikland Reavers though.
>>
>>47264777
Did you actually play that campaign or are you just hatewagoning?

The whq campaign was nothing special, I'm not sure you're losing much by switching to character progression that's kept between games and the random layout.
>>
>>47262776
>Adeptus Titanicus coming out next year
Elaborate or I will track you down and MAKE you elaborate!
>>
>>47263029
It's a pick up and play board game about sport you faggot, sorry it tickles your autism because no mighty generals are battling over super serious business.
>>
>>47264156
I'm afraid you're wrong anon.
>>
>>47264955
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=new+adeptus+titanicus
>>
>>47264955
>>>47263477
>>
>>47263029
You must realize how absolute huge sports games are in vidya, without anyone thinking twice about it, right?

There are boardgames about fucking growing crops or being a doctor, there are tabletopgames about being fantasy heroes murdering monsters, but we can't play games about fantasy football teams? Are you really this retarded?

Are you worried the people who play normal, COOL warhammer are going to make fun of you if you play warhammer football?

I am flabbergasted here man, tell us about your specific strain of autism.
>>
>>47265019
Yeah, it have a logo, but nothing else.
>>
>>47264765

There is no exact alternative. Descent requires a Overlord.
>>
File: aos-sells.jpg (196 KB, 692x1209) Image search: [Google]
aos-sells.jpg
196 KB, 692x1209
>>47262888
>>
>>47265059
>Warhammer
>fun
>>
>>47265080
Please, post some evediences.
>>
>>47262888
I can't tell if that picture is pro or anti-AoS.

It looks pro but then the obviously fake rumour with "globel" campaign makes it look either like a piss-take or pro-AoS players are retards.
>>
>>47265199
It's both: it's supposed to be pro, but the stupidity of the picture is also meant to stir shit against AoS supporters.

It's slav's doing.
>>
Throw stones at me, but even though this game is supposed to be AoS it's not really full of AoS stuff apart from the stormcast guy.
>tzeentch is tzeench
>local barbarian friend
>local dwarf friend
>dark eldar msytic or whatisthat
>dark elf
>sigmarite priest
>gobbos
>skaven

???
>>
File: 1282782011799.jpg (35 KB, 277x237) Image search: [Google]
1282782011799.jpg
35 KB, 277x237
>head down to LGS yesterday
preorder please!
>Here's your receipt.
Thanks, um, wasn't there a pre order bonus set of cards or something?
>We only got a few of those, we'll be raffling those later
Oh...

eBay it fucking is then...

>none on eBay
>mfw
>>
>>47265270

Sorry, what's your point?

What AoS stuff is it missing?

What do you think should have been in there?
>>
>>47265282
my point is that no AoS stuff is missing, and I'm glad it is not hardcore AoS - it only has the stormcast guy and that's.
Faggots above arguing that is AoS boo Aos
>>
>>47265275
Should have returned the receipt then.
>>
>>47265302
>it is not hardcore AoS - it only has the stormcast guy and that's.
Yeah, you are right, WHFB always have black warpriests and male witches made in Blizzard design.
>>
>>47265357

You are upset by the Black warpriest?
>>
>>47265357
you paint it white then
>>
>>47265458
More by design, but yes.
>>
>>47265468
So it will be albino, but still with negroid's morphology.
>>
>>47265486
at least we'll know who'll die first
>>
Enlighten me, what's the game is like? Is it like D&D's Castle Ravenloft / Wrath of Ashardalon / Legend of Drizzt or what?
Or it's more like Darkest Dungeon on tabletop?
Or what?

>>47265270
Dwarfs is 100% AoS fyreslayer though.
>>
File: povar-rasist-300x242.jpg (14 KB, 300x242) Image search: [Google]
povar-rasist-300x242.jpg
14 KB, 300x242
>>47265495
>>
>>47265502
>Or it's more like Darkest Dungeon on tabletop?
It's like pale version of Descent.
>>
>>47265517
Descent is not a dungeon crawler (at least 2ed).
>>
>>47267128

1st edition Descent isn't a dungeon crawler either. Both editions are tactical combat games with a Game Master ( as Overlord).
>>
>>47265495
You're joking but he is actually the first to die in the silver tower story book.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (53 KB, 920x950) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
53 KB, 920x950
I'm just here because I want those little fuckers here.
>>
>>47268741
That fish just screams Blanche - and wasn't there a mordheim illustration that had a walking fish just like that?
>>
>>47265275
>>We only got a few of those, we'll be raffling those later

Are people at your store really paying an extra $20 for a raffle?
>>
>>47265502
It's kinda similar to the D&D board games. Movement and attacks work differently, essentially relying on dice you roll at the start of your turn and a pool of dice players can use for the round. And you spend the rolled result to activate stuff, so if you have a powerful attack that's labeled (3+), you spend a die that shows 3 or higher to initiate that attack, and then from there, you're rolling to see if it hits and damage (if it isn't a set damage amount). Also taking damage reduces the number of dice you can have. Exploring is somewhat similar, you go to a door/portal, what makes the room and its effects is written on a card and in one of the booklets; though rooms apparently vanish after a certain amount of time (I only played for a couple of rounds, so I don't know what a complete game is like), so you need to keep moving. Monster control is determined by whoever has the marker for the round (it moves to another player each round) rolling on a behavior chart and then resolving the behavior and deciding any tie-breakers (like if the behavior of the monster gives it an equal chance to attack between 2+ players, you decide who it goes for).

I'm not sure how character growth works (again, only played a few rounds). Characters in this game all start with exactly what's on their character card. It's not like the D&D games where you get a special ability and then get to pick from a handful of options; though the My Hero app seems to imply that you can modify if not out-right make a new hero if you pay money for the options. And it it's not like you gain gold to spend on things like health increases and such. From what it looked like, it seemed like you gain renown from doing things like clearing special tasks in a room or doing something your character is particularly good at (it's listed on their character cards), and after gaining a certain amount (I think it's like 10), you get to draw from a deck that boosts you in some way.
>>
>>47269899
How sturdy are the tiles? Should I pick up some shellac or mod podge so they don't get beat up or fray?
>>
>>47254180
Was this at the Chiswick Store by any chance?
>>
>>47270061

maybe

>>47265275

That does suck, i got my set of shiny for preordering the box, though to be fair i was there right when the store opened.

Also, for those complaining at it because its related to AoS, 2 things

1) yes it has the aos tag but it is a board game that has a different set of rules to the normal game, Its completely different apart from a few aesthetic choices.

2) A lot of you are complaining about it before even trying it. Criticism is good, but please make it educated, please just try the game first and then decide if you like it or not.
>>
>>47269899
thanks. sounds interesting.
>>
>>47270225
From what I understand, the foil cards are given to store and it's up to the manager to do whatever he likes with them. It just so happens your local one decided to give them out as a preorder bonus as did a lot of other stores.
>>
>>47270274

Yep, the cards are given at the manager's discretion. Though our manager told us that one of the store policies to giving out shiny cards was that the person had to not only preorder the expensive version of the game bundle (game+ 2 white dwarves + story book) but also had to buy a box of horrors, screams, flamers and a burning chariot. Painful...
>>
>>47269629
>$20 for a raffle
You can probably buy the bonus for less on ebay..
>>
>>47269978
They seemed pretty sturdy, and similar quality to other dungeon crawl board games, which I haven't had any trouble with quality wise (though I tend to be particularly careful with my stuff). But I'd say extra protection wouldn't hurt.
>>
File: heironymous bosch.jpg (71 KB, 632x471) Image search: [Google]
heironymous bosch.jpg
71 KB, 632x471
>>47268935

That fish just screams Heironymous Bosch
>>
>>47270417
perhaps, but salty tears of losers are priceless
>>
>>47270225
>please just try the game first and then decide if you like it or not.
>please buy our new overpriced box with bad rules and ugly models
>>
>>47274722

or just go have a game of it at any hobby shop that will stock it like a normal person?
I actually really like the familiars and the enemy models. I'll be using them for DnD and WFRP campaigns.
>>
>>47274722
I dunno mang.
I managed to find it for $150 cdn. That's actually not as awful as it should be.
And I quite like the birdgors, familiars, ogre, and heroes. Well except the siggy and priest..but I think I'll just switch the head on my siggy with a kingdom death one.
>>
I can't wait to copy them bits
>>
>>47262427
Depends if the app gets dm features
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-14-15-00-10.png (249 KB, 720x1152) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-14-15-00-10.png
249 KB, 720x1152
>>47262788
>>
File: P1210948.jpg (343 KB, 1600x1109) Image search: [Google]
P1210948.jpg
343 KB, 1600x1109
>>47264722

Pretty much

They already include rules for at least Flamers and Screamers and have rules for 30+ some heroes ready to go via the app, possibly some other stuff. It'd be incredibly easy for them to put out updates for all different types of enemies and such.

The only thing that isn't as easy is them possibly putting out new tiles since they could just run with the Silver Tower being a labyrinth as why all sorts of shit is showing up.

>>47268741

The Familiars are pretty good, curious to see if they somehow get rules in AoS.

>>47274722

GW stores have the game on demo and I'm pretty sure the person working there is paid to run you through things like this.
>>
>>47278659
Oh look, shill is return.
>It'd be incredibly easy for them to put out updates for all different types of enemies and such.
You are right since rules are pretty poor.
>>
File: Cia_RqqWUAAqqYD.jpg (81 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Cia_RqqWUAAqqYD.jpg
81 KB, 600x800
>>
>>47278734
Antishill
>>
>>47265078
Not anymore - there is now an app you can use instead
>>
>>47256085
Hue.

>>47255167
To collect his paycheck from GW.
>>
>>47271099
>Heironymous

Nope.
>>
>>47278734

Do you ever shut up?
>>
Wishlist time. What heroes would you like to see from the current model range get official rules?

I am prepared to be disappointed by the cogsmith.
>>
>>47285889

hmmm, Some of the new orruk characters, I need an excuse to collect the model and paint em. Also wish for a firebelly as it is one of my favourite models. But i am ready for a dissapoint. It seems like most of the sigmarine chars will get a card, and the khorne bloodbound.

Though no matter what characters come out i lose... as i want to get one of each characters which is going to kill my wallet...
>>
>>47287129
As long as they release them in discounted bundles like the one going up for pre-order on Saturday, it shouldn't be terrible.
>>
>>47288260

theres a bundle?
>>
>>47288286
Yea, there has been a leak of some sort. Someone posted it in the AoS general >>47284340

£35 for the 4 heroes that have bonus rules right now.
>>
I want a shadowblade assassin and a deathhag.
>>
>>47288478
Damn it... i just bought 3 of them yesterday (had the slaughterpriest long ago)
>>
>>47288478
Shit. I wouldn't be surprised if the bundle even comes with the non-shiny card versions too. Now I feel like an idiot for buying a Venator when I pre-ordered.
>>
>>47288610
>>47288505
It was kinda stupid for them to show they were getting rules on day 1, then leave the expansion bundle until the week after.

Either way, if they do one of these bundles for every character release, I think they will do really well.
>>
>>47288610

oh dont worry, im kicking myself at the moment...

Bought venator, rune dwarf and a normal chaos sorcerer (tzeentch was nowhere in store and on site...) yesterday
>>
>>47288478
Damn shame I only want the runepriest.
>>
>>47288874

yes, i think the game is already going to do well, but bundles will sell the game even more... hopefully
>>
>>47285889

Isabella, Wight King, and Krell would be nice since I have all of them. Possibly something that Alarielle and Orion could stand in for.

Honestly there is lots of stuff since I like quite a few of the Hero models from Fantasy that are around.

>>47288478

Kind of tempted to pick this up for the Slaughterpriest and Tzeentch Sorcerer alone. Quite liked the latter and I'm glad that they didn't decide to trash it.
>>
I don't mind buying more heroes, even I don't play any other GW games anymore, as I like to paint characters. I hope the good community will put all the mobile app's heroes online :^)
>>
>>47290386
Same.
They're cheap enough that if no one else does it I'll at least share the heroes I buy if I get any.
>>
>>47290386

Yeah, I like the hero models so this is kind of appealing.

Only downside is trying to figure out how to paint them.
>>
>>47285889
I would personally like to see something comparable to the cast of Vermintide.
We got a Bright Mage already, so a random Dwarf Ranger, a Witchhunter, A Waywatcher and a Free People character of some sort.

I think it would be a neat little nod.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.