[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/: Pilots of Pamarthe Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: Scorched_textless_art.png (2 MB, 960x1277) Image search: [Google]
Scorched_textless_art.png
2 MB, 960x1277
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related.

Previous Thread: >>47190610

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
File: First_Order_logo.png (27 KB, 414x480) Image search: [Google]
First_Order_logo.png
27 KB, 414x480
So we all agree that the First Order are the ones to bring order and stability to a chaotic galaxy, correct
?
>>
Do you suffer strain for all maneuvers?
>>
>>47252040
Space Nazi Babies
We make our fascist dreams come true
Space Nazi Babies
We'll blow up a system or two
>>
>>47252466
>>
>stream of NY regional
>tipple k-wings
>oh boy time for TLT spam
>proton bombs, chips, advanced homming missiles, munitions

Shit was tense
>>
>>47252369
just the red ones
>>
>>47252931
Stream? Where?
>>
>>47253032
the match ended k-wing player lost

next one starts soon

gengame on twitch
>>
>>47252369

If you are talking FFG-RPG, you get one maneuver baseline, and can choose to spend two strain to perform a second.
>>
>>47251233

Sadly, we have no idea when a BH book will be forthcoming; even if we do get an announcement of the book being released, we'd likely be waiting months before it actually being released.
>>
File: guardian mantis.jpg (115 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
guardian mantis.jpg
115 KB, 1600x1200
I would love to see stats for stuff from Starfighter and Jedi Starfighter, as well as pilot cards for prequel Jedi.
>>
>>47253114
You can also turn your action into a maneuver for 2 strain free maneuvers.
>>
I was reading that post about Savage spirits and I was a bit perplexed. Why would they have made an executioner specialization for the seeker? That sounds very unjedi
>>
We seem to.accidentally have two threads going
>>47252015
>>
>>47253114
>>47253030
So is moving and going into cover one manuever or two?
>>
>>47254484

If you were looking to move between range bands (short to medium or vice versa, engaged to short and vice versa), as well as taking cover, then that would be two maneuvers.
>>
>>47254415
I say stick to this one, it was created first and has more discussion than just X-wing going.
>>
>>47251233
FFG never talks about a product before the product announcement, and all info for the product is in their various announcements on their site. That said Bounty Hunter will be probably be late this year/first quarter next year.

As for Mandalorian armor, it's just whatever you decide to call Mandalorian armor. If you mean something along the lines of some crazy customizable super durable armor, then Heavy Battle Armor or something like the Segmented/Augmentative Armor you can craft in Keeping the Peace.
>>
>>47254133
FaD isn't about Jedi. It's about force-sensitives. So while the game generally assumes you're a do-gooder, it still leaves open various routes, particularly with EotE and FaD, where you can be a more darker/evil character without getting your character sheet automatically taken away.
>>
>>47254133
The Jedi are dead by the time FaD takes place. Your player characters may be invested in rekindling them, but they also may not. Ergo, the careers represented are less "THis is a Jedi" and "This is an aspect of a Force-wielder." Most of them are compatible with or representative of the Jedi, but there's one or two careers (lookin' at you, Aggressor) that are straight up just how some dude learned to stop worrying and use his Force abilities to straight up terrify people into submission.
>>
>>47254133
Cause a lot of people want to play acolytes or inquisitors, and even when they don't there's always going to be that one player that makes an effort to Fall head first.
>>
File: SWX13-lambda-class-shuttle-left.png (306 KB, 450x574) Image search: [Google]
SWX13-lambda-class-shuttle-left.png
306 KB, 450x574
I saw a lot on people buying 2 to 3 lambda shuttle. what's the appeal ? Just the cards ? Epic play ?
>>
>>47257227
Several multi-shuttle builds were popular in wave 2, 3 and 4 as they can be very powerful with certain crew. Still pretty good today, the winner of the euro regionals used a multi shuttle build IIRC.
>>
Spacebump
>>
>>47257227
Shuttles have some good cards, like Sensor Jammer, or Advanced Sensors. Both of those are amazing for anything with a system slot. Beyond that, the shuttle is a fairly low cost, cannon-slot, 3-die attack ship that wreck some face. It doesn't dodge worth shit, but it's decent. And can take tactician.
>>
>>47253223
Fucking thank you for noticing the lack of Morningstars, Mantis (an under appreciated gem of a shipfu), and scarabs
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 400x380
>>47253223
>>47253223
Ya know what, you're an anon of taste in ships.

Here's one from Starfighter for ya, Morningstar.
>>
>>47257227
3 omicron pilots with a kitted out soontir fel has proven better than thought
>>
I got my ass handed twice in a row with Dash because I was facing munitions.

Now I'm hankering for some ordinance. Does anyone have any good Rebel lists that use munitions? Only combo I have is an E wing with flachette torpedoes, munitions failsafe and fire control system.
>>
>>47261308
Nera Dantels with a Proton Torp, Deadeye, Extra Munitions, and Guidance Chip.

Enjoy!
>>
File: sw03_box_left.png (330 KB, 450x453) Image search: [Google]
sw03_box_left.png
330 KB, 450x453
So, just go done playing pic related. Game is hella fun, but I wish there was a bit more to it. Any word on expansions? If not, any ideas for what the expansions could be? I'm thinkig specific abilities for planets, more heroes, more troop options, maaaaybe new planets.
>>
File: tumblr_nss3nrMbuu1savpdqo7_500.png (295 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nss3nrMbuu1savpdqo7_500.png
295 KB, 500x281
And with that caption which only half describes my life, I would like to take this time at 1:44 AM EST to talk a little about Michael Stackpole and his writing. I guess I'll spoil the discussion and pray that the Janitor is merciful upon me.

Alright, so some days ago I recieved some Stackpole books that are a bunch of murder mysteries. One appears to be a paranormal type, and the other two take place in an alternate history where "the 1993 attack on the Twin Towers brought them down, killing over 60,000. In response, America ratified the Patriot Amendment to the Constitution and went to war with Al Qaeda. In 1996, terrorists attacked the Democratic National Convention in Chicago, wiping out the left wing of American politics and vaulting Newt Gingrich into the White House" Also, the Homeland Security are like the super cops, often called by detractors (in story) 'Gestapo'.

Now, I know what you're thinking, and the answer is that this book is pretty okay so far. I'm about halfway through a book that's less than 200 pages and the protagonist is female so there is (so far) a distinct lack of Stackpole's Only Subplot.

On the other hand, this book has a few hard sells when I sit and think about it. For instance; the premise. Bombing the DNC wouldn't necessarily wipe out the left wing. Any sitting Congressperson, for instance. Or mayors, state legislatures, hell even the regular voters. Not EVERYone goes to the DNC. Or the revelation that the victim of the crime was shock/horror HOMOSEXUAL!!!! Because I guess Don't Ask Don't Tell was expanded into everyday life because Those Wacky Republicans TM? I wouldn't want to hazard a guess as to Stackpole's political leanings but I'm getting a definite vibe from this and from X-Wing, come to think of it. I'm not usually one for literary criticism, but I guess it just feels weird to read an author I like outside of the narrow box I normally see him in.

By the way, Zahn's non-SW is excellent.
>>
>>47262147
>By the way, Zahn's non-SW is excellent.
yep, I actually read one of his books before I ran into the star wars EU by pure chance and it was honestly great

as for the rest, it honestly reminds me of Unintended Consequences, but from the other side of the table
I'm slightly disappointed that a writer that I actually like is unable to resist sticking his political dick in it beyond what is inherit to in his writing, but ah well
>>
>>47262330
>Unintended Consequences
Well I looked up a book with that title and if that's what you meant wow am I not interested in it. Sheesh.

I dunno if Stackpole is being overly political or if I'm becoming better at spotting things. Like I guess maybe a bit of his point in the victim is that without the decade of social change we had before the real national tragedy maybe things continue to be hush hush about who sticks what tallywhacker in whose hooha and it's so prevalent that when the protagonist informs the victim's Catholic parents (awful lot of Catholics in this book. It takes place in NYC but come on) they're less worried about him being dead than anybody finding out he like dudes.

I mean it's not a bad book overall, i just have to kind of gold my questions about things in.
>>
>>47262531
>Well I looked up a book with that title and if that's what you meant wow am I not interested in it. Sheesh.
oh no, it's stone cold crazy, sure. I happen to know a few things about the mostly-far-right-but-not-in-a-racist-way, and that book is pretty much essential to understanding how they see the world
>I dunno if Stackpole is being overly political or if I'm becoming better at spotting things.
oh no, it's surely overly political. if he realizes it or not is the better question

also,it has rather a bit of "if the other side wins, it's the end of the goddamn world" sort of silly political fiction to it, even if it ain't conscious, so I don't respect it
>>
>>47262147
I'm honestly not buying it. Al Quaeda has not a thing to do with homosexuality beyond hating it. truth be told, I'd honestly figure that going all war on terror all 24/7 earlier would have actually been neutral-OK in the gay rights business, seeing as the attention of the right would be all about 'terrorism', to the right and left (far right boys did not do well under the terrorist panic, son) rather than social conservative stuff; lots of "who gives a fuck if they're gay, as long as they're AMERICAN"

TBQH, this feels like the author is butthurt about catholic school and republicans and wrote a book about how those things being important would be 100% horrible and some dumb bastard decided to publish it
>>
>>47262147
you drinking when you do your reviews, questy? if so, get at it harder, it'd funnier that way, if not, why not?
>>
>>47257514
>>47259815
>>47261288

How would 3 omicron + whisper fair today ?
>>
are you people ready for Star Wars to die as a franchise in the next 20 years?
I mean it's basically amazing that it held out for so long but let's face it the new movies would be forgotten in a decade, and nu-canon is objectively shit, it won't have the same following 90's and early 2000's EU had, we will live to see Star Wars literally die.
>>
File: RpNight.jpg (20 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
RpNight.jpg
20 KB, 500x278
>>47264490
Old canon was much shittier.
>Every book had a special mary sue jedi.
>Things like SunCrusher exist and all resolve by shitty plot
>Every video game was over the top shit like that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK6XE4PE1I
>Force sensitive droid
>Chewbacca got a moon thrown at him
>Mount sorrow a speaking mountain that cure disease
>Palpatine clones

you basically only had to pay a license had have your book, no matter his content, as long as it was SW related, get the Official EU stamp.

StarWars wont die, it's pop culture now, people said the same as you do today for countless things that still exist.
Also SW7 is objectively better than at least 4 others SW.

SW in eh hands of disney is the best things that mean 30 ultra high budget movies in 30 years. Not 6 in 30 years.

The only thing people liked in the EU was the whole VIDEOGAME pat of it, things like Kotor..

The old EU is just much better. And all you "nothing exist but SW prototype unheard of screening of 1776 and nothing else" will eat your balls when Marvel (so disney) published 3-4 Old republic series comics at the same times.
>>
>>47264659
The new EU is much better*
Also I look like a slav with phone autocorrect, but my point still stands.
>>
File: nigel farage.png (295 KB, 443x384) Image search: [Google]
nigel farage.png
295 KB, 443x384
>>47264490
>Implying the EU had any impact on Star Wars popularity outside of a small niche of the Star Wars audience
>>
>>47264659
I won't argue with you because nothing you wrote is even worth consideration, but seriously how can someone have such shit taste, it's like you were born to be a vermin pleb that ruins other people's franchises and art
>>
>>47264490
Horseshit
>>
>>47264723
learn your history fag no one gave a shit about Star Wars in the late 80's it would have died if Heir to the Empire didn't came out, and a franchise without anything being released out of it is dead franchise which is exactly what's going to happ to Star Wars in 20 years
>>
>>47264723
Unintentionally fitting image given he's had about as much influence as nucanon to people who give a shit
also both are terrible
>>
I think the best parts of the EU were the early video games to be honest.

When Lucas finally gave the go ahead to Lucasarts to make SW they went at it full force and we got X-Wing, TIE fighters, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight etc.

Sure there were stinkers as well, but would we really love Thrawn as much as we did if we didn't have TIE Fighter?
Perhaps, but not as much I think.
>>
>>47264769
That's some strong counter arguments there.
>>
>>47264659

t. Disney Executive
>>
>>47264319
Whisper is a little too expensive to run with 3 shuttles. Even a basic lambda with baffles is 22, so 66 for 3 leaving 34 points. That'll be the Inquisitor, vader, soontir, jax, Turr, or more smaller ships. Good list though, fun to fly.
>>
>>47261991
A Rebels flavored expansion would be easy to do. You've got the Ghost crew, Inquisitors, Lothal and surrounding systems, stuff like that.

I'd love to see more variation in the military. A-Wings, Interceptors, etc.

A scum 3rd player might be doable.
>>
>>47264659
TFA was bad and you should feel bad for shilling it J.J
>>
>>47251952

>flying, fighting, or ..?

What is the third thing everyone knows Pamarthens are supposed to be good at?
>>
>>47265877
Flower Decoration
>>
>>47264672
>The new EU is much better

No. The New EU has been highly hit or miss.

Tarkin was complete shit, and Aftermath was incredibly poorly written.

"It wibbled and wobbled herkily-jerkily"

Seriously? How does shit like that make it past an editor?
>>
>>47265868
I wish it actually had been bad so people like you could admit that it was good. Oh what society hates it no I love it!
>>
>>47265932
Tarkin was decent, Aftermath was shit because the author is a shit writer who assumes all criticism stems from the political ship on his shoulder. Yeah, it sucks that he's slated for two more books, but he's got nothing on Traviss.

Lords of the Sith was great, Lost Stars was great, Bloodlines is superb.

Just about all Nucanon we've gotten has been better than 90% of the EU. Granted, that's not a high bar to set, but there you go. And if the rumors are true, Thrawn's getting recanonized soon, so there's that.
>>
>>47264490
Okay.

>>47262642
>if he realizes it or not is the better question
Well it's part of a series called Home Security Services and the premise implies he knows what he's on about. And I guess I should get a look at the damn book just so I can understand why America has the recurring problem of Someone shot up a school oh god, how could this happen there is LITERALLY NO WAY TO PREVENT THIS. Maybe we should have more guns?

>>47263102
I think Stackpole is definitely right-leaning or at least very pro-military. One only has to read his Star Wars fare to see that. About the gay thing.... in the book, one of the things that Citizens (yes, capital C) are required to do is work for the government for three years before they can actually BE Citizens and have the right to vote. And the right wing in the good ol US of A is notoriously afraid of the peepees touching. Also people going to the bathroom And since they're the only game in town in the AU...

Oh, and the Catholic thing, It's just that the protag is (and family) and so's the victim (and family) and I'm pretty sure everyone else is some variant of WASP, so really I'm just expecting something different. I mean, even a Jewish person as NYC cliche as it is.

>>47263147
I don't drink.
>>
>>47266118
Traviss at least had some interesting perspectives on the clones as individuals.

They had personalities, hopes, dreams, relationships.

And then there was the fact that she was spot-on about the moral decline of the Jedi. Having no problem using a cloned army of child soldiers that had been mysteriously commissioned back around the time of the Naboo blockade.

And that the entire saga does boil down to a religious war between two different factions of Force users.

Granted, her Mando fangirlism was a bit much, but she hit on some pretty deep themes.
>>
File: FoC_cover.jpg (115 KB, 512x576) Image search: [Google]
FoC_cover.jpg
115 KB, 512x576
>>47265590
> A scum 3rd player faction might be doable

And of course it would be lead by the mighty TYBER ZANN
>>
>>47265209
clearly your negative iq mind have reading comprehension problems, because the first thing I've said is I'm not going to argue with you
>>
>>47265932
>hit and miss

So basically back to the old status quo on Star Wars supplement quality
>>
>>47266223
Of all the things I will say about the "Talifan" meltdown, I will say she hit the clone trooper soldier mentality well, if you ignore the fact that she took the mandalorians and put them on a golden throne. Perhaps if she got to nail an SAS commando or navy SEAL wearing a boba fett helmet who shouted "beskar" at climax just once to get it out of her system she could have toned it down, but at any rate she had an interesting perspective at troop level. Star Wars lacks micro-stories and perspectives, and I feel she does those pretty well. It's where she goes macro where things get wonky.

I think the Jedi were clearly like "wtf" about the clones, it's just that GL was bad at expressing that. In the clone wars series, there very clearly is ambivalence at the whole thing, and he series brought some of her points to bare, but better than she did in many ways.

FFS they even broke away from traditional Star Wars writing where the mandalorians weren't universally super Viking Mongols with space guns, whereas in old EU writing if the first appearance of a Hutt was a gangster they must ALL be gangsters. If the first chiss was a genius, they must ALL be geniuses... If the first Mandalorian was fett, they must all be fett, etc.
>>
>>47266355
I'd say the old stuff had more hits than misses, but that might simply be because there was so damn much of it.

Right now the new stuff is too new, and there isn't enough of it yet, so the balance between the good stuff and the bad stuff is very uneven.

I just hope that the guy who wrote Aftermath gets dropped.

I've seen better quality writing from fan fiction authors. If I wanted "wobbly wobbly herkily jerkily" I'd fucking watch Doctor Who.
>>
>>47266281
Glad I proved the New Eu is the best.
>>
They literally ruined everything after Episode VI with the shitty movie and Rebels is the shittiest thing that happened to SW ever pretty much
>"muh spinning lightsaber"
>"muh blaster/lightsaber that a literal shit kid built"
>"muh kiddy cutsie humor xD"
>"muh shit story lines that go no where"
how can anyone defend that shit,you can't redeem what's already been damaged to the point of no return, Disney just can't do SW they can only do le Disney simple one sided characters so bright and funn for stupidss xD
>>
>>47266527

That is the worst format for an argument I've ever seen. Could you try again, this time writing like an adult?
>>
>>47266527
>Star Wars is a serious property for serious persons such as myself.
>>
>>47266527
You can't ruin Rebels for me, don't even bother trying.
>>
>>47266562
if you can't understand what I've wrote get off 4chan this site is not for you
>>47266571
there's a difference between serious, not serious, and shit, the problem isn't that it's not serious the problem is that it's Disney tropes in pseudo Star Wars packaging, it's not Star Wars, it's Disney wars
>>47266593
you're right I can't ruin it anymore than it is
>>
>>47266527
Nice try but your subjective feelings mean nothing to me especially when rebels has been enjoyable outside of the gimmicky lightsabers used by the mostly poorly trained inquisitors. And the books outside if aftermath have been alright to really good.
>>
>>47266442
I agree, I think you are right in that it is a "volume" issue. There were mountains of old EU, the new stuff needs time to come out and mature a bit.

>>47266527
>the childrens show based on franchise about laser-wielding monks with a black-and-white moral dichotomy is too childish for me
>>
>>47266672
It's not childish, it's not Star Wars, have you seen the actual Star Wars cartoon Clone Wars? it was for kids but fucking good and when it wasn't good at least it wasn't Disney tier
>>
File: 1426991501742.jpg (168 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
1426991501742.jpg
168 KB, 566x800
The only things I ever cared about in the EU were the X-Wing books, the overwhelming majority of the rest was and still is absolute fan fiction dot net garbage. I'm glad it's been de-canonized even if it took a few good things with it.
>>
>>47266442
He's still contracted for two more books and a comic, so I wouldn't hold your breath.
>>
>>47266845
>official canon
>fan fiction
kill yourself
>>
>>47267030
>It's canon, therefore it couldn't possible feel like fan fiction when you are reading it

No you
>>
>>47266593
Two words.

Lightsaber helicopters.

Physics doesn't work that way!
>>
>>47266118
>Yeah, it sucks that he's slated for two more books, but he's got nothing on Traviss.
Traviss may have gotten irritatingly preachy and she may have relied on creating evidence for her own arguments, but her prose wasn't nearly as awful.

A New Dawn was fantastic, the comics have been hit or miss, and Rebels' episodes have also been pretty variable in quality. The vidya side of things has been god-awful, too. So far, nucanon hasn't come up with anything that could even come close to equaling or surpassing Zahn, Stackpole, Allston, Dark Forces, or the flight sims.
>>
>>47266672
>the childrens show based on franchise about laser-wielding monks with a black-and-white moral dichotomy is too childish for me

Hey you can't pretend that rebels doesn't have flaws. Sure Star Wars is supposed to be fun but it's all ages instead of just for kids. Rebels has some serious issues with characters, hamfisty writing and low stakes that plenty of smarter "for kids" shows have avoided. It should succeed or fail on its merits like any show not just get a gold star because it's the only Star Wars show on TV
>>
>>47267062
You know what else is against the laws of physics?
- The force
- Hyperspace
- Obi-Wan and Anakin not being cooked by the heat of the lava during their fight
- space combat in Star Wars
>>
>>47267082
or KOTOR or Jedi Academy or Tales of the Jedi or the Bane trilogy books just adding stuff you've forgot
>>
>>47267114
All those things survive on rule of cool. Guess what isn't cool and looks cheesy as fuck. Lightsaber copters
>>
>>47267138

That's...very subjective.
>>
>>47267138
Know what else is pretty cheesy?
The movies.
X-Wing
Cheetos
Jedi Prince
>>
>>47267124
Eh, I'm more referring to the absolute highest points of Legends. KOTOR's comics were superb but the games had too many flaws to really count (popularizing the technological stagnation bullshit, for one). Jedi Academy is lumped in with Dark Forces since it's part of the Kyle Katarn saga. Also, wasn't the first Bane book the only really good one?
>>
>>47267143
True. But did you like the aesthetics of it or are you just devil's advocating to defend rebels? Because it took my suspension of disbelief out to get shot behind the chemical sheds
>>
>>47267157
I agree that it kinda sucks they didn't go with TOTJ aesthetics in KOTOR but come on man It's a wonderful Star Wars story that shows exactly how it should be done, Path Of Destruction was definitely the best but the whole story is pretty much amazing, maybe the best Star Wars tale I've seen
>>
>>47267217
>It's a wonderful Star Wars story that shows exactly how it should be done
True, it did the generic Star Wars hero journey stuff well enough. However, I just can't get over the awful art direction; the flawed, broken game mechanics relying on 3E; or the awfulness that is the Taris undercity. Also, lots of bugs and graphical glitches. I remember being completely unable to save on the Kashyyyk forest floor because all of my saves down there kept getting corrupted. For me, at least, those problems kept it from joining the greats.
>>
>>47267161

It was bad. It looked bad, it functioned bad, it seemed like a very poor idea overall when they have stuff like ATAPs they could be using. It was an asspull idea that should have been introduced earlier in order for it to have any impact beyond confusion.
>>
>>47267255
damn that sucks man, I've personally grew up with KOTOR, I first played it when I was 10,and it was basically my first RPG experience, I learned English with that game, and it was my first SW experience outside of the movies which were pretty much my favorite thing in the world back then, I'm deeply connected to it emotionally and love everything about it so I'm definitely the worst guy to talk about that game in an objective manner.
>>
File: Heir to the Empire Cover.jpg (144 KB, 454x768) Image search: [Google]
Heir to the Empire Cover.jpg
144 KB, 454x768
So I re-read Heir to the Empire for the first time in a long-ass time.

It holds up really well. Thrawn, Pellaeon, Karrde, Mara and C'baoth are all handled well without dipping into Sue territory, the plot moves at a great pace and it keeps setting up cool shit and seeds for later developments without getting boring.

Zahn's not great at describing what vehicles and spaceships look like. (not so much an issue now considering you can look stuff up on the Wook), and the Borsk/Ackbar rivalry doesn't work as well in the first book. Fey'lya comes across as a kind of a dick, but he doesn't actually do anything evil or wrong, but he's a "bad guy" because Han & Wedge don't like him. Until he makes an off-screen power play to oust Ackbar at the end

But yeah, pleased to say that it still holds up overall.
>>
>>47266179
>I don't drink.
Shame. You probably should
>>
>>47267255
KotOR II is much, much better.
>>
File: 1455427742195.png (448 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1455427742195.png
448 KB, 720x405
>>47264659

Really? The old canon was at least creative, and I say that as someone who despised the attempt go full grimdark in the NJO onwards. You could tell, given that there was nothing after ROTJ and thousands of years pre-TPM that they had greater freedom to tell stories.

The NuEU/'canon' plays it safe constantly, and as such gives a generally bland experience. Sure, we haven't had any stinkers like the Crystal Star, or mistakes like the death of Anakin Solo, but we also aren't going to get (except perhaps a rehash) KOTOR and Tales of the Jedi, the Dark Horse comic runs, the Thrawn Trilogy, Shatterpoint, or the like. Think we'll get anything the quality of Luke Skywalker and blah of Mindor anytime soon?

It's all designed to inform or fill time between films, and nothing else. Vader Down is about the only thing that has really grabbed me, and even then, his sidekick and her murderbots are pale shadows of old characters and feel out of place.

All that said, I loved the Force Awakens, and the idea of getting a new film every year (along with Rebels, which is also soothing the loss of Clone Wars) soothes the pain of the bland books and comics, and disastrous vidya. The old EU was getting towards a point where it was going to naturally die anyway.
>>
>>47266179
One problem, quest. If you don't know guns about as well as you know star wars, reading that book won't really help you understand a damn thing, and since you don't, I'd either advise you not to try, or to do some serious gun-learning first
>>47263147
He doesn't, but I sure do
(On a side note, vodka rip-its are really not a good idea, folks)
>>
>>47268322
Not really, no. The glitches were far, far worse and the additional features in the combat system didn't really improve it all that much. It was quite obviously unfinished. Malachor also proved to be even worse in terms of corrupted saves and bugs than lower Kashyyyk.

Peragus and Nar Shaddaa also fucking sucked.
>>
>>47267943
Booze smells bad to me, so I can't imagine it will taste any better.
>>47268342
Ah..... that sounds like work. I'll pass.
>>
>>47268518
>Booze smells bad to me, so I can't imagine it will taste any better.
You'd be surprised, buddy, but I get what you're saying. I should point out, though, that the magic of mixed drinks fixes this problem completely if that's actually your objection.
>Ah..... that sounds like work. I'll pass.
Fair enough. I'm strongly of the belief that you should have to actually know about guns to have an opinion on them, so I'd still suggest that you learn a thing or two sometime, but yeah, it's a bit of a research project just so you can read a book to find out how certain folks think
>>
>>47268325
over thirty years of people desperately trying to one-up each other over "no Luke wants to bang the waifu -I- wrote him!" two generations have grown to maturity. as a result, two generations have had their pick of the least shitty stuff from when they were twelve to get obsessive over.

of course to you nucanon characters are pale shadows of characters you know. you were too young to know how transparently every Star Wars character you knew and loved was a ripoff of another, earlier property, and even if you'd been told so you wouldn't have cared. it does not matter that Boba Fett is George Lucas saying "man wouldn't it be awesome if I gave the Man With No Name a helmet." it does not matter that Thrawn is Rommel from Patton with the serial numbers filed off. it does not matter that Corran Horn is Every Single World War Two Fighter Pilot Movie Protagonist. you saw them and you loved them.

you are getting old, anon. now you know enough to recognize the old is being cannibalized so it can be resold to the young.

welcome to the machine. this is how it works.
>>
>>47266672
>children need cutesy diverse moral stories rather than mature, nuanced fiction
>>
>>47269707
>if it's not edgy enough for me, it's shit
>>
>>47264659
I like you. And I also would say sw7 is better than any prequel movie
>>
How are the current adventure modules for the FFG rpg?
>>
>>47267149
GLOVE OF DARTH VADER
>>
File: 1457390673745.png (100 KB, 257x368) Image search: [Google]
1457390673745.png
100 KB, 257x368
>>47270705
>>47267149
>>
>>47270618
The full books are generally just okay. Jewel of Yavin is the only one I personally found to be thoroughly good. Everything else, at least in my opinion, worked better with adjustments or incorporating some of the elements into other adventures you make yourself.

Modular encounters in the location books all tend to be pretty solid.
>>
>>47269707
>>47269814
>Things can only be happy go lucky and simplistic or dark edgy murderfests

Clearly none of you will make good Gray Jedi
>>
File: 1461023123474.jpg (193 KB, 1000x732) Image search: [Google]
1461023123474.jpg
193 KB, 1000x732
I suggest that everyone constantly bitching about NuCanon, the old EU or both take the initiative now to become big names in sci-fi/fantasy and/or the entertainment industry. That way when they reboot the franchise again thirty years from now you might be able to have a say.

Until then, I would just like to point out - as I have before and will again - that Star Wars is effectively a sort of modern mythology and personal canon is whatever one makes it. Just pick out the parts you like and ignore the rest; it's not like any of this is real anyways. Just look at all the variations traditional myths and folklore have to their various stories and I think it's pretty safe to say that when the researchers of the 'primitive digital era' look back on us a thousand years from now they'll be taking into account both old and new Star Wars canon and a half dozen or more variations that have yet to be invented. Well, that or they're be discussing whether Pepe and Wojak were primarily allies or enemies throughout their great sagas.
>>
Hey /swg/ what are your thoughts on the teased upgrade cards in Heroes of the Resistance expansion? As someone that just started the game and has yet to buy a millennium falcon expansion I am pretty psyched for it.

Looks like the YT-1300 will be getting an illicit slot through the likely "smuggler's compartments" modification slot, and whatever the "Prot- Thr-" card is has sparked my curiosity (a T-65/70 only cost reduction card like chardan refit maybe?).

So do you have any hopes, or fears, for what the expansion will do to the game?
>>
>>47272128

We had some interesting theorycraft when it got spoiled.

At PS9, it means that Poe doen't need VI or Adaptability to challenge Fel and other PS9 ships, and can mix it up by taking Push the Limit, which when combined with BB-8 and the new title can really give him some excellent dogfighting options as you can combine BB-8's free Barrel roll with and action, take your green maneouver and effectively gain 3 actions a turn for free.
As long as you can perform that first barrel roll admittedly.

An Illicit slot on the Falcon is nice, but I can't see it getting used outside of Glitterstim, MAYBE Inertial Dampners. The SLAM drive option for Large only might find some use with the Jump Master and I definitely think there might be some possibilities with Brobots.

At this point, I'd like the EPT's spoiled first, then the rest. I'd imagine that when we do get previews, the T-70 one will focus on those and the new System and Modification, whilst the Falcon preview will be about the Illicit stuff and the new crew.
>>
You guys think we'll ever get a Scum faction for armada?
>>
What's the best 1- or 2-point astromech for Biggs?
>>
Chapter 19 of Empire's Shadow incoming in a little.
>>
>>47272718

Considering how heavy Disney is coming down on any EU stuff FFG want to do? Pretty fucking unlikely.
>>
>>47272901

Have you tried D6 with Integrated?
>>
>>47273228
Don't have a D6. The ones I do have (one of each) are:
R2 generic
R5 generic
R5-X3
BB-8
R5-K6
R7 generic
Targeting Astromech
>>
>>47273299

Lacking the Transport Astro's does limit you a bit (you could for instance give Biggs R2-D6 and whatever skill and use integrated first chance you get for no penalty) but from that list, go for R2 generic, use integrated for the first damage card, and call it a day.
>>
>>47266118
>Thrawn's getting recanonized soon, so there's that

as much as i would like it, how would they go about doing it?
>>
>>47273389
This. R2 with Integrated is a solid 1pt expenditure on any X-Wing.
>>
>>47274694
The same way they did it the first time books.
Just kidding I have no idea.
>>
>>47272128
>Gee Poe, why does the resistance let you have TWO integrated astromechs?
>>
>>47273209
sauce? Just curious
>>
>>47276916
because X wings were a mistake
>>
File: Zoomer.jpg (82 KB, 504x384) Image search: [Google]
Zoomer.jpg
82 KB, 504x384
Where my Zoomerbros at?
>>
>>47273209
FFG already snuck in Revan on page 380 of Force and Destiny.

That shits canon now.
>>
>>47268342
>vodka rip-its
Is that Rip-It the energy drink? Because their orange creamsicle goes pretty great with vodka.
>>
>>47277902
>FFG
>Canon
FFG's canonicity is wonky at best. It's basically its own merged Legends-nucanon continuity due to the timing of releases and the canon wipe. Had the FFG RPGs been released after the canon wipe, I can guarantee that it would have come out with next to no Legends content.
>>
>>47278024
Canon wipe was in 2014, as of April 25th. Force and Destiny release date was a year later.
>>
>>47272718
Unlikely, their playstyle doesn't really translate to armada too well
>>47273209
[Citation needed]
>>47277937
>Is that Rip-It the energy drink?
Yup. Corner store near me sells them and faygo rather than red bull and coke.
>Because their orange creamsicle goes pretty great with vodka.
Yeah, went too great, which was the problem. (Along with using 152 proof vodka, but anyhow)
I'm never taking drinking advice from an E-4 again
>>
>>47267086
Fair enough, but let's not forget that clone wars took time to develop (2 seasons) and the characters are gradually maturing. I would make changes too:
>one random inquisitor season 1, dies at end
>Buffy the vampire slayer and that other inquisitor die season two
>grand inquisitor season 3

That way there would be a definite threat projection so the inquisitors don't seem.... Well, about as threatening as a traffic jam. But maul is an interesting development, we will see how that goes.
>>
>>47278085
It's all part of the same Star Wars RPG line, just because it's a book that came out after the canon wipe announcement, doesn't mean it differs in how canonical it is from something like the AoR Core (which does mention the whole Starkiller thing, which is definitely not canon now).

Think of it like this. The Dark Horse comics kept going until like August of 2014. Just because Star Wars and Star Wars: Legacy had put out issues, doesn't mean they auto bring in the rest of the issues in their line.
>>
>>47278133
>152 proof vodka
That's different. Decent quality or paint thinner type?
>>
>>47274694
Supposedly, he's coming up in Rebels. It's just a rumor though, so take that with a mountain of salt.
>>
>>47278370
>Decent quality or paint thinner type?
Not bad? I've never been great at distinguishing vodka quality. Whisky, yes, but not so much vodka, though it's just as much my ancestral liquor
Frankly, it mostly tasted like I just took a swig of napalm, but other than the fire, there was nothing really rotgut about it.
It's specifically called Spyratus Gdansk, if you've ever the inclination to give it a shot
>>
>>47278024
FFG mainly uses the EU Legends due to sheer VOLUME. U
It's easy to write RPGs with inspirational dungeons when you have some 30 years of EU work to go off of. If we were playing Star Wars ffg from nuCanon it would be rather sparse, just because it doesn't have a lot yet.
>>
File: 88a840b769a96fd25cd5acf889b73352.jpg (702 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
88a840b769a96fd25cd5acf889b73352.jpg
702 KB, 1920x1080
>>47274694

I'm guessing that anon is either talking out of his ass of putting too much stock in someone who is about Thrawn, but I've been keeping my eyes open for where such an opening might exist ever since Aftermath and Lost Stars set the ground for post-Endor in the new canon. There actually is still a way for Thrawn and possibly other Imperial warlord shenanigans to be worked in without any real hoop jumping- although, of course, that can only last so long and the runners of the current canon would have to take advantage of it before to much more blank space on the the canvas is filled in.

As things stand right now, we know from Lost Stars that the Empire fought a battle with the New Republic a year after Endor and that, upon getting their asses kicked, they signed the Galactic Concordance which is basically described as a truce (although not necessarily a complete surrender or dissolution of the Empire). The TFA Visual Dictionary, meanwhile, seems to heavily suggest that treaty represented the actual end of both the Galactic Civil War and the Empire and that the New Republic has more or less ruled in peace for the last thirty-ish years. So, it would seem that both the war against the Empire and the bulk of the Empire itself lasted only a little over a year after RotJ and from then on the the galaxy was in the New Republic's hands to fuck up.

So initially there admittedly doesn't seem to be a lot of room for Thrawn. It seems there's only a year post-Sheev to play around with in terms of the Empire before the New Republic takes over for good. And then we know from Aftermath that at least six months after Endor the Empire is still together - at least in theory, although the secret Imperial meeting the book is based around suggests there are doubts that can/will last much longer - which shortens the window all the more. With that being said...

To be continued...
>>
>>47272128
I'm buying that DAY 1. The best release since hound tooth and K-wing that introduced the SLAM
>>
Let's say I wanted to try and publish a Star Wars book.

How do?

Write it, send to Disney, ????, profit if they like it?
>>
>>47278530
Hey, that's my desktop background
>>
>>47278683
>Write it, send to Disney
Bad idea, legally. IIRC, doing that makes you liable for a lawsuit or at least a cease and desist, and there's nothing stopping them from taking your submission and filing off the serial numbers. There's a reason for why publishing houses don't want unsolicited manuscripts being sent their way.

Best way is to establish your cred doing your own thing first.
>>
>>47272128
I'm really hoping Finn's ability is something to do with shooting out of arc so that he complements really well with Rey and there's a good reason to have them both on the ship.
>>
>>47278530

As I was saying, with that being said...

The end of hostilities with the Empire doesn't necessarily mean the end of hostilities with anyone Empire affiliated. If they did decide to do a sort of Imperial warlords style story in nucanon then it's worth noting that even in Legends these figures represented only fractions of the original Empire (as the term 'warlord sort of suggests'). So, there is definitely still wiggle room to have the fledgling New Republic face threats in the form of Imperial officers, Star Destroyers and Stormtroopers post-Jakku without it technically clashing with the established canon that the actual 'Empire' ended shortly after that battle.

To be continued one more time...
>>
>>47278530
>>47278822

And now Bloodline has thrown a new wrench in the equation. While it doesn't actually mention any Thrawn-esque post-Jakku shenanigans or on fact anything that contradicts the established canon about the aftermath of that battle it doesn't necessarily close the door on the former either. More important, however, is that it seems to give for the first time a hint at a hard timeline for events following Lost Stars/Jakku including TFA.

Now, generally, TFA has been put at thirty years post-Endor. In fact, that's what still listed on the Wook. But Bloodline now seems to prove the headcanon of people including myself that the events of TFA actually take place thirty-two years after Endor, aka the same amount of time between the irl releases of that movie and RotJ.

The character of Ransolm Casterfo is said to have been born six years prior to Endor and be thirty-years old in Bloodline meaning twenty-six years have passed between RotJ and that book. The book itself is said to take place six years before TFA. Put twenty-six and six together...

Which is all interesting because it gives us an additional two years to work post-Endor in the new canon. And a lot can happen in two years. ISIS declared itself a caliphate less than two years ago. The bulk of Hitler's offensives took place in the first two years of WWII. So that's a decent amount of time for someone like Thrawn to come in a do some real damage (hell, the original Thrawn trilogy took place within the course of a year).
>>
Any tips on what ships to choose for my Epic setup (Rebels)? I plan on fielding both the Tantive and the Transport. In the first game I played I used the Ghost which seemed like a huge mistake, got shot down in 2 turns.

Thinking about bringing Airen Cracken with Swarm Tactics, Jan Ors for that extra red dice and 2 A-Wings for the 3 green dice so far.
>>
>>47279405
Rebel vs what ?
If you really want to win, don't bring any big ship and just swarm the board.
If your opponent and you both agreed to weaken your respective list by bringing the same number of big ships, then swarm with the rest
>>
>>47278704
>>47278704

Yeah, as someone minorly involved in writing books, Lucas/Disney is only going to take authors who have been established already. See, Kevin Hearne and Claudia Gray, who both have good genre standing already.
>>
>>47279642
>good genre standing
That may need to be amended to merely "genre standing." Chuck Wendig managed to pass muster, so it seems that Disney's standards right now are comically low.
>>
>>47279675

Before Aftermath, at least, Wendig's done pretty well from both sales and reviews. He's not a NYT Bestseller everytime he comes to bat, but those people who do get a NYT bestseller everytime they write a book won't do Star Wars because they're probably already in restrictive-ish deals and most of the time they'd rather write their own more lucrative series.
>>
File: English, now for fucking idiots.jpg (149 KB, 1286x1000) Image search: [Google]
English, now for fucking idiots.jpg
149 KB, 1286x1000
>>47279675
>comically low

I might have phrased that as 'technically illiterate'
>>
>>47267161

It was goofy as fuck and silly as all hell.

I loved it. I am going to see how long it takes before it turns up ruleswise in a FFG book so I can use it and be a Jedi Helicoptor.
>>
>>47277902

Sneaking in a reference to Revan into an RPG splat is one thing. Actually making models of EU stuff to sell as such is quite another.

This is why Armada is basically on life support, because FFG can't use basically anything right now. Thankfully Rebels gave us the Quesar Fire and the Interdictor, but since thats a left hand that FFG's right wont know what it's doing until episodes go to air FFG are way behind.

Frankly, even though we've been told that there will be a Wave 9 for X-Wing, christ only know what it could possibly be.
One thing I know for sure: It's never going to be either Imperial Gunboats.
>>
>>47272128
>Pat[tern?] Ana[lyser?]:
>When executing [a red maneuver] you may re[solve the "Check] Pilot Stress" [step after] the "Perform [Action" step] (instead of [before)].

>Bur[st of] Sp[eed]
>Limi[ted]
>Your acti[on bar gains the] [SLAM] a[ction] after you [perform the [SLAM]] action, d[iscard this card]

>Pr[ow] Thru[sters]
>Maybe it slows you down? Lets you boost backwards? That would be pretty sick.

>Hot[shot] Co-[pilot]
>Crew? Hopefully not 'Rebel Only', some kind of passive boost.

>Snap S[hot]
>A second attack?

>Trick [????]
>Any guesses?

>M[9-G8]
>Could be anything, but seeing as he's Snaps' astromech, and Snaps' is their recon guy, I'd love it if it gave its attacked ship the [SYSTEM] upgrade icon.

>Finn
>[After performing an action, ask yourself if you want to perform an additional action. If the answer is affirmative, perform another action.]

>Smu[gglers] Comp[artment]
>YT-1300 a[nd YT-2400] Modif[ication only]
>Your upgr[ade bar gains the] [ILLICT] u[pgrade icon]
>You may [equip another] Modifica[tion that] costs [2 or fewer] squ[ad points]
(The cost is 100% conjecture, but I picked two points because that's the cost of Advanced SLAM)

PILOTS
>"Snaps"
>After [you execute a] 4-spe[ed maneuver without] touch[ing another ship ????]

>Nien Nunb
>I wouldn't have hated it if it made all forward maneuvers green.

>Jessika Pava
>I like low-PS aces, I don't know why. Looking forward to running her.
>>
>>47280214
it cuold be rebel era Y-wing, A wings, Sabine profile + ship for a TIE fighter (on the rebel side)..
Kylo Ren ship, the TFA B-wing, First Order TIE aces Expansion (Tie with the red cockpit and turret)...
Black Krrsantan, Arc-170 for scums, 2 big scums ships.

And that's only from the top of my head without going deep in the Comics or book that are already out.

And then you'll have rogue one ships/pilots and SW8, Then Rebel season 3 then the story on Boba fett and then and then etc
>>
>>47280559
by rebel era I mean star wars rebel.
So beefed up Y-wings and A-wings.
>>
>>47280533

>Pattern Analyser

So it'd be Advanced Sensors for a Tech Slot? Hmmm, it basically gives other T-70's Ello Asty's ability, and I can see the uses from that alone.

>Burst of Speed

Hmm, I hadn't noticed the D at the end of this card, until now I'd been thinking this worked like the Cloaking Device illicit does. I'm not sure if I'd want a one-shot SLAM action, unless it costs next to or actually no points.

>>Pr[ow] Thru[sters]

Given that not even the Tractor Beam allows a backwards boost I think that wont be on the table as it were. But a card that lets you take your maneouver at 1 speed slower than revealed might be interesting depending on what type of upgrade it is, and what the downside is (stress-gain or discard for instance)

>Snap S[hot]
Nah, I reckon it'll be a one shot PS12 boost EPT during the combat phase.

>>Trick [????]

I want to say "Trick-Shot" but the image on the fan doesn't look like that. Actually, what IS the card art on that card? Are we looking at a device? Poe blowing stuff up inside the not-exhaust port? There's no way to really tell. Hell, it could be another one-shot EPT that lets a pilot shoot outside of his firing arc (which amongst other things would then be a good alternate pick up for Tomax over Crack-Shot)

>M[9-G8]

Wait, so this isn't Mynock? I did think it was odd, but whatever.
> I'd love it if it gave its attached ship the [SYSTEM] upgrade icon.

It wont be, they would have included a Systems Upgrade card for us to use with it if it had. I could be wrong, but that's usually how it goes.
>>
File: gungan.jpg (75 KB, 298x297) Image search: [Google]
gungan.jpg
75 KB, 298x297
Is there any point in buying rebel aces and the a wing pack except for the cards?
Every time I've flown against a and b wings I won 100/0, and I got a lot of doubt about the operational capabilities of those two models.
>>
>>47280559

FFG have been pretty adamant that they wont do Clone Wars stuff. The Rebel Show stuff would probably make a decent box-set, but since they'd be recolors probably wouldn't be part of a wave.
First Order Shuttle and Resistance Shuttle are likely, as is the TIE-SF since they need to give it a rear arc and a visible gun turret on the bottom.

Stuff from Rogue 1 would only be on the cards if there's anything new or it's just stuff we've already got.
>>
>>47280634

It depends on what build they bring, and what you're using. B-Wings have had a bit of a fall from grace due to TLT's, but as those get phased out in favour of 4-dice munitions heavy builds they'll come back in.

A-Wings can have some really nice set-ups if you know what your doing, as can B-Wings.
>>
>>47280636

>The Rebel Show stuff would probably make a decent box-set, but since they'd be recolors probably wouldn't be part of a wave.

Well, apart from the Mandalorian spinny Fighter, that will be in either Wave 9 or 10 for sure.
>>
File: latest.jpg (273 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
273 KB, 1366x768
>>47280636
I could see box with lothal B6 prototype + Sabine lothal TIE or armored Y wing

And a lothal tie fighter expansion set (TIE fighter with crew)

And remember S3 will have new ships.
>>
>>47280700

A "Heroes of the Rebellion" box with an A, B and TIE recolor would be pretty cool.
>>
>>47280634
Well they wont do much except going to win you tournament http://xwing.miniranker.com/squad.php?s=1615&d=90&f=0
>>
>>47280716
i would like the box to be more expensive and include the CR-90 shown in anon pic
>>
>>47280723

To be fair, at this point pretty much every ship has managed to get into the top fo...

>1st Green Squadron Pilot + Chardaan Refit + A‑Wing Test Pilot + Autothrusters + Crack Shot + Adaptability x5;

...jesus christ that's genuinely terrifying.
>>
>>47280742

Whereas I would like it to be something I could afford and would ever actually use. But that's a local meta issue.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 768x1024
>>47251952
Very Mechwarrior there.
>>
>>47280723
nice
>>
File: Shadow Caster.jpg (961 KB, 1920x1270) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Caster.jpg
961 KB, 1920x1270
>>47280700
Don't forget Ketsu's ship which could have rebel/scum variants.
>>
>>47281004
yeah they can basically do 2 waves on what's on rebel show... even if it's only S1 & S2...
>>
File: EMPIRE.jpg (285 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
EMPIRE.jpg
285 KB, 1920x1080
How would you stat something like pic related in EotE?
tl;dr crazy Moff/Governor fully buys into Tarkin's weapons of terror idea, and creates not!Peacewalker; giant droid-brain walker that will destroy any city known to harbour Rebels.

Basically the PCs are going to find the prototype, and have to blow it up.
>>
>>47251952
>>47280891

Got anymore pics like this?
>>
>>47281078
>How would you stat something like pic related in EotE?

Pimp and AT-AT and give it a droid brain.
>>
>>47281140
>Vornskr personality inside an AT-AT

FUND IT
>>
>>47280891
House steiner can go and stay go. The dragon claims this thread
>>
>>47280723
Top Gear the list
>>
>>47281315
REMOVE DRAC
REMOVE DRAC
>>
>>47281078
How monstrous are you wanting it? I can throw together a sheet fairly easily, but I tend to favor things super killy.
>>
>>47267157
Can you clarify as to why you think that the "Tech stagnation" is bullshit?

Lucas pretty much did the exact same thing with PT, where technology is basically the same as in the OT. In some cases it's even better, leaving us puzzled as to why it was abandoned.

Of course, tech stagnation wouldn't make a lick of sense scientifically, but it at least provided a plausible explanation as to why that is.
>>
>>47279405
Load up the CR90 with some turbolasers and fly Roark near it for PS12 shots. For extra dickery add Jan and Tuketu for more modification. This will end up roughly 200 points.

For the rest, Biggs, Keyan, Wes is a nasty trio.
>>
>>47281832
It was better in the PT because (my inner fan boy explains) we were dealing with a less oppressive time and we were seeing activity centered more I the core than we were seeing in the OT.

Between the PT and OT, tech didn't improve much because it was actively suppressed by the Empire.. except for itself. The Empire's tech improved where it was focused so, in its short reign, they invented interdictor cruisers, improved the superlaser for DS2... and they didn't really detail much else.
>>
>>47280634
A-Wings are doing very well. You've got the cheap blocker prototype, the mid level crack greenx5 winning regionals, and of course Jake and Tycho tearing things up. There really aren't any bad A-Wing pilots.

Bs are in a bit of a rough spot with all the ordnance killing them quickly, but the basic blue is very efficient, Nera is a great torpedo platform, and Ten is the ultimate anti ace.
>>
>>47282068
It improved quite a bit after the Empire's suppression was ended. TFA x-wings were actively communicating between themselves and the Resistance base from hyperspace as one pretty significant example.
>>
>>47281078
I may have gone a bit much with the Mass Driver, but I couldn't find much that would be like a rail gun nuke... and my knowledge of ship combat rules are garbage so I think I screwed up the wide range missile spam as well.
>>
>>47280111
>>47279726
>>47279675
>>47278704

Well damn, all this free time to write and can't make a book without being attacked by the house of mouse.

>That "Herkily-jerkily" mess
FFS I'm a better writer than that
>>
>>47280214
Skipray blast boats for the empire, maybe? That would be a good gunship for them
>>
>>47280559
Also don't forget where Ezra and co. Fight illegal miners from the mining guild who have weird orange tie fighters with a panel cut out.

So scum could get a cheap tie fighter?
>>
>>47282068
Damn, I wish the books explored this aspect further.
Between all the conquest and holocaust, the Emperor improved the tech and civ level by a wide margin. Even just having a modern, centralized bureocracy is a huge deal, but sci fi writers have no sense of scale.
>>
>>47282278

Are those still canon?
>>
File: SexySabine.jpg (543 KB, 600x3038) Image search: [Google]
SexySabine.jpg
543 KB, 600x3038
>>47281577
>>47280743
>>47280723

Funny how I was running a very similar list for some time now.
I put Veteran instincts instead of Crack shot, the rest is the same, and yeah AAAAA is both fun and strong.
>>
File: 20160516_212925~01.jpg (42 KB, 441x458) Image search: [Google]
20160516_212925~01.jpg
42 KB, 441x458
FEED ME TIE FIGHTERS
>>
>>47282694

>Vet Instincts AND Adaptability

Eh, I kinda feel that's overkill. Especially on an A-Wing without Prockets. Those 2 AD attacks are pretty wimpy without some kind of burst damage.
I mean, at PS4 you've got the intiative advantage over Triple-Jumps, but there's nothing really that's likely to be floating about at PS4 and 5 that upping your PS to 6 is going to really help with.

We seem to be entering another period where initiative is either quite low or really high 9+ or more.
>>
>>47280636
>FFG have been pretty adamant that they wont do Clone Wars stuff
Which sucks because all those surpls fighters would really boost the ranks of scum/rebels. I just want to fly a republic gunship but aparently thats too much to ask for
>>
>>47283066
Maybe anon want to shoot before KKK TLT Tactician and Obsidians.
both are pretty popular right know
>>
>>47283066
Except we're starting to see more mid-runners, like generic EPT-carriers at PS 4 (Crack-Blacks), or pilots like Nera Dantels (5), unkillable Guri (5, with Sensor Jammer, Autothruster), and now soon Countess Ryad.
>>
>>47283323
TLT spam has started to die off, it seems. The triple K-Wing list with TLTs feels like a hold-over, made possible only by the ability to arc-dodge when one absolutely has to, and the 9-health of those space-yachts.
>>
>>47283383
Yeah but it will come back. The meta always go full circle.
>>
>>47283413
TLT's big impact was because of the prevalence of low agility, often high health ships, that relied on Evade tokens. TLTs do one thing really well, and it's fuck over anything relying on those Evade tokens. It does do reliable damage to anything with 2 Agility, but that's where it tops out. Imp Aces, anything with 3 Agility (and especially access to Autothrusters), and especially something with Sensor Jammer, tends to royally fuck over Twin Laser Turrets. I've seen plent games where a Soontir effortlessly mulches TLT K-Wings and Y-Wings that aren't packing bombs. And have completely wrecked TLT lists myself with a phatted up Guri packing Autothrusters, Sensor Jammer, and -insert whatever EPT I felt like here-.
>>
File: 1463404680946.jpg (650 KB, 1197x1088) Image search: [Google]
1463404680946.jpg
650 KB, 1197x1088
>>47282264
Idk whats worse. Him shorhoring in gay characters to show everyone how big of a SJW he is or the Shirene, Esmelle, Esmelle, Esmelle, Shirene, Shirene, Esmelle, Shirene, Norra, Shirene, Esmelle, Esmelle, Shirene, Norra, Shirene style of writing dialoague that makes these books undreadable
>>
>>47283815
>Not complaining about the constant present-tense.
The buzzword boogey-man, and repetitive character names, aren't why it sucks. It's just plain, shitty writing.
>>
>>47283815
His writing reminded me of an episode of UCB where they made fun of Scientology and the shitty books it was based off of.

Only video I could find, starts at 1:38
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/church-of-psychotonomy/81081063/
>>
>>47279642
If Kevin Hearne is writing anything Star Wars, then that's a book I'll fucking read.
>>
>>47283999
Heir to the Jedi. Released last year.
>>
>>47284068
I'll take a look at it, then. Thanks!
>>
>>47282626
I'm not totally sure. I thought maybe they made a minor appearance in rebels or clone wars somewhere, but in could have misidentified something.

>>47283166
This, Republic gunships ftw

>>47283815
I just want to write an X-Wing style space pilot book and contribute to a franchise I've loved since I was a child, is that too much to ask?

Really he seems to need help condensing scenes. Have characters say more than one sentence before the next character needs to speak. That may cut down on the "S, E, S, N, E, E, S, E" pattern and the over use of names. This is a book, not your term paper where you are padding the word count.
>>
>>47283057

Now that I think about it, Acc-Corrector + Autoturret on a large based ship is pretty fucking ridiculous isn't it?
Nevermind that with the Title and docked shuttle it get's to shoot it's primaries first as well.

>>47283363

I guess. I do wonder if maybe Crack-Blacks are better at this sort of thing than the 5A list.
I mean, I get that as Rebel Swarms go this is pretty good, but I still think Imperials do Swarm better.

Although as RebelSwarm goes, I do love this: http://xwing.miniranker.com/squad.php?s=1671&d=90&f=0

Shame it didn't rank higher really.
>>
File: 1456718220140.jpg (22 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1456718220140.jpg
22 KB, 350x262
>>47283815
Is it possible to be able to write and still be functionally illiterate?
>>
>>47284217
Yes. See /v/
>>
>>47283999
>>47284149
Be warned: some of the plot only happen to give Luke manpain. You know, despite a lot of people he loves dying very recently for him.
>>
>>47284330
I'm in the middle of reading the Iron Druid series. So that's something I'm already familiar with from Hearne.
>>
>>47284204
The Acc Corrector Ghost is pretty fucking ridiculous. But it's only a threat at R1. And the thing can't dodge for shit. Beefier ships like B-Wings can fly right into that range and blast the ghost a new asshole, and shrug off the shield loss. If I wanted to go Ghost hunting, those are the ships I'd be looking at. Aces work too, if you can keep repositioning them out of that R1 death-zone.

That rebel swarm looks pretty decent. But really the only problem to rebel swarms, is the Z lacks the Tie repostioning, and the Scum's dirty tricks. They are otherwise alright little ships, but the As give you speed, maneuverability, and crazy EPT selection, if you're willing to pay just a bit more.
>>
>>47284733

Heir to the Jedi is genuinely pretty good and alone, it's probably the easiest read of the new books. There are algebra jokes, man. It's the best.
>>
>Not naming it Tony
>>
>>47284204
Yeah but i also want to play the ship i love, and I do love the A-wing :)
Something not 100% optimized can still be enjoyable in the 80% of the game that are not tournament win at all cost
>>
>>47285528
A Wings are awesome. If you love them, then run them. They're only drawback is the low primary weapon, but that also has the added benefit of keeping squadron cost down and allowing them to be the most obnoxious blocker in the hands of a good player. For 15pts, 3 more than a Bandit Z, you get a PS 1 blocker with Boost, and an incredible dial.

And if you need them to be a bit scarier, give them Prockets, and load them up. Tycho is probably the number 1 candidate for the new Rage EPT, specifically because he can take it along with Push the Limit, and his only drawback will be no-long having a K-Turn.
>>
>>47285528
As have been tearing up store champs and regionals so you're fine.

5x Green w/ crack shot, autothrusters, chardaan, test pilot, and adaptability

It's a very, very good and successful list.
>>
>>47285972
So if my opponent starts to unload a-wing after a-wing on the board, I might as well congratulate him on victory and move onto next game? Gotcha. Other "I win"-buttons?
>>
>>47286415
It's not an I win button

Has trouble dealing with High PS ships

The reason it does well is that it is perfect at hunting down the menace of the metagame, the Jumpmaster
>>
>>47286415
>not knowing how to handle a bunch of low PS ships
>2016
>>
>>47286435
Could you elaborate on that thing about Jumpmaster? I'm new on this game
>>
>>47286532
The Jumpmaster's unique combintion of upgrade options has turned it into an exceptionally potent torpedo platform.

The base level ship with deadeye, R4 agromech, plasma torpedoes, extra munitions, and guidance chips comes in at exatly 33 points.
>>
>>47286519
Well I've played this game never, so excuuuuuuse me princess. Everybody is acting like AAAAA is the hottest shit ever since the sliced bread
>>
>>47286578
Alright, thanks. I've been considering making my list using Vader, Fel and at least one more interceptor.
>>
>>47286415
No.

X-Wing doesn't have an "I-Win" button. A-Wings are good, but you can still outfly them.
>>
>>47267862
Good to hear - I think I'll be giving it a re-read soon.
>>
>>47286657
Carnor Jax is a good way to fuck up the Deadeye Jumpmasters. Other strong options for a third ace include the Inquisitor (Tie Adv. Prototype), Omega Leader (Tie/FO), Whisper (Tie Phantom), and any Defender you have the points for once Veterans comes out.
>>
>>47286597
AAAAA is just a mini-swarm that counters jump master spam really well. It's still 5 A-wings and has all the inherent problems with that. Namely being low PS and likely to get tabled by aces, having only 2 attack and 4 total health.
>>
>>47286657
Triple imperial aces has proven to be pretty strong. I don't think there is enough points to cram in a properly upgraded interceptor too. the inquisitor slots in perfectly though

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!22:-1,-1:23:3:U.124;28:18:5:5:M.15;163:18,-1:27:15:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

If you don't want the initiative bid you can swap targeting computer for autothrusters. In my own experience, the rerolls on attack is invaluable. It is far too common for the barron to whiff on his attack and the rerolls are massive.
>>
>>47286729
They can still fight Aces, but it comes down to smart play. You have to block them, and use your Crackshots to get a hit through and break their Stealth Device at R1. Really the biggest problem is not having a solid homing missile to fuck someone like Soontir Fel with.
>>
>>47286415
It's far from a win button. It's 5 ships that are nimble, hard to hit, hard to pin down, and have crack shot to force some damage through. It takes some good piloting since they're all low to mid PS and quite brittle, but there's no obvious targets so it's tricky to play against.
>>
>>47286794
For sure, but it's still relying on blocking, which gets really hard when you're flying against aces that can reposition almost at will such as Poe or Soontir. Plus those two are much more likely to wipe one or more A-wings off the table before you can even shoot due to the low PS in a head on head situation. You're effectively outgunned and outmaneuvered in a lot of situations.
>>
>>47282090

We're still seeing basically the same designs though.

What I liked about KOTOR tech is that it's clearly inspired by the movies, but still it's own thing.

TOR did away with that in favor of looking more like the films, which wasn't such a great idea.
>>
>>47251952
Does /tg/ have a guild for GoH?
>>
>>47286888
Blocking works really well against (most) Imperial aces. Repostioning doesn't work if they can't take an action, due to bumping. The problem is that you have to be on your fucking game, and know EXACTLY where to put that little A Wing (or 4). Big ships block well, too.

There are however certain ships/aces you simply can't block. Anything with repositioning and Advanced Sensors is (nearly) impossible to block. And Juno Eclipse is a fucking champ at not bumping into anything, unless the player is inept.
>>
>>47264659
SW 7 is easily the worst in the series.
>>
File: Solo Legacy.jpg (154 KB, 525x983) Image search: [Google]
Solo Legacy.jpg
154 KB, 525x983
I know this won't ever happen now with Ep.VII retconning the Solo kids into Mouseface McEdgy and all but I'd love to see a Solo Legacy pack for XWM with the Jace, Jaina and Anakin Solo in either X-Wings or Rebel-only Tie Advances
>>
>>47281832
>Can you clarify as to why you think that the "Tech stagnation" is bullshit?
>Lucas pretty much did the exact same thing with PT, where technology is basically the same as in the OT.

There's a difference between 40 years and 4000. And I'd argue that there are at least some minor changes between the two trilogies- the Death Star for example seems to be a level of technology unseen in the galaxy in the post-Rakata era. Plus, starfighters still having to use those booster rings in order to go to hyperspace in the PT where as in the OT pretty much every starfighter that wasn't an ultra-budgeted pos like the TIEs had an internal hyperdrive.

>In some cases it's even better, leaving us puzzled as to why it was abandoned.

Not really. Keep in mind that in the PT we see a lot of either the Core worlds or similarly well-off worlds like Naboo and the protagonists are working for and equipped by the galactic government while the OT is set entirely on Outer Rim shitholes and the protagonists are equipped with only whatever they can scrounge together from surplus depos to criminal organizations.

Of course. some things like the computer tech does appear to be better in the PT but that's simply due to the fact that the PT was made decades later and real-world digital tech had advanced far beyond the 'futuristic' stuff seen in the OT. And at some point we have to simply recognize the real-world reason for such things without trying to shoehorn and in-universe explanation. Star Trek has tried the latter at a few points and it's been fucking idiotic.
>>
>>47287301
In your opinion.
>>
>>47287611

A good point, but I was thinking more in line with military technology. For example, Phase II Clone Trooper is evidently better than Stormtrooper one: same level of protection, greater freedom of movement. It made no sense to phase it out, unlike Phase I armor.

Next thing that would come to mind is AT-TE, which, again, boasts more firepower, complete with a lower profile. Little sense to phase it out.

I can dig the AT-RT => AT-ST transition, because it actually looks like an improvement, unlike the other changes.

And it doesn't need to be actually anything tryhard sci-fi, a simple acknowledgement and explanation would do fine.
>>
>>47287301
So you enjoyed episode 1 and 2 more? You're the Lord of shit taste it seems
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 768x1024
>>47281108
Sure. They're from the 1986 1st Ed MechWarrior rpg, so it's pretty iconic.
>>
>>47288475
It is explained in a certain hated writers book about post-Empire trooper life that the empire switched out the armor and tech to enforce the image of a new and "more efficient" government machine and the break from the corrupt old republic.

Plus the new trooper armor was way simplified and cheaper than the old clone armor. Remember, the Empire wasn't officially at war any more. The clone Wars was over and the only action the military saw was corralling the occasional seppie straggler, rounding up slaves for building projects, blasting the odd pirate and projecting the Empires New Order to the far reaches of the known galaxy.

fast forward ten years or so after the Empire got the new stuff and shipped off all the old tech to outer rim territories and rebels start popping up. Suddenly the Empire has to gear up to a warfooting again
>>
>>47272322
>At PS9, it means that Poe doen't need VI or Adaptability to challenge Fel and other PS9 ships, and can mix it up by taking Push the Limit, which when combined with BB-8 and the new title can really give him some excellent dogfighting options as you can combine BB-8's free Barrel roll with and action, take your green maneouver and effectively gain 3 actions a turn for free.

I see a lot of people making the same mistake:
PtL is ONCE PER TURN! So you cant use it both after you barrel roll and after your regular action.
>>
What can I hope to achieve with this list ?

Chiraneau (66) : adaptability, ion torpedo, engine upgrade, Palpatine, Rebel Captive

Countess Ryad (34) : Veteran Instincts, Twin ion engine MK2 TIE/X7
>>
>>47281832
>PT, where technology is basically the same as in the OT. In some cases it's even better, leaving us puzzled as to why it was abandoned.
Except it isn't. Look at starships, for instance. Clone-era starfighters often required hyperdrive rings or carriers to get anywhere, barring purpose-built long-range craft like the ARC-170. The ARC was an ugly, clunky beast while the V-wing and Eta-2 were cost-ineffective compared to the TIE series. Capital ships were also inferior to the Imperial-II Star Destroyer. Then you had Y-wings and Headhunters, which even simple TIE/LNs ate for breakfast. Delta-7s had horrible astromech placement and didn't come standard with ordnance launchers despite costing more than an X-wing.

PT tech was shinier and prettier, but that's it. It's less utilitarian than Rebellion-era craft and less cost-effective.

Also look at Legends stormtrooper gear compared to the clones'. Clone armor, IIRC, lacks the (admittedly shitty) shield generators and powered gauntlets that stormtroopers pack. Stormies also pack a more compact standard-issue rifle, which makes life much easier. There's also no Legends basis for Phase II armor having better protection. Stormtrooper armor also came with more gadgets for better utility.
>>
>>47288766
I would cut ion torpedoes, there might be an argument for using ion bombs + extra munitions
>>
>>47288693
Well those sound quite plausible actually.

Thanks for indulging my autism, anon.
>>
>>47288758
The point is that you BB-8 Barrel roll, PTL for a second action, then preform the green maneuver and clear the stress you just got, then do your normal action. You end up having preformed 3 actions, with one of them having to be the BB-8 barrel roll. The benefit is that you don't end the turn stressed.
>>
>>47281108
>>47288688
Also, the old House ____ handbooks and the old Mercenary's Handbook from the same era have plenty more of that style of art.
They're all available as PDFs over in the Battletech General if you want them
>>
>>47288897
Also, it should be noted that clone trooper armor was extremely specialized; it was designed to work best for literally a single individual. By necessity, armor designed for mass use wouldn't be quite as effective as what was literally perfectly personalized gear
>>
>>47288475
>AT-TE
Lower carrying capacity, greater vulnerability to mines, and worse underside turret coverage. An AT-TE can load infantry and AT-RTs. An AT-AT in Legends can, depending on the variant, load speeder bikes or AT-STs. AT-ATs also have more exit points for infantry, greater crew protection (AT-TEs had at least one exposed crewman), and longer effective range and vision for improved fire support capability.

Also, the AT-AT is scarier. And scary is important because muh Tarkin Doctrine.

We also don't know how good the AT-TE's electronics and targeting systems are compared to the AT-AT's.
>>
>>47288917
The downfall is that the T-70 doesn't exactly have the most impressive array of green maneuvers... Even with a barrel roll and boost, you know that the combo is going to revolve around either a straight or 1-bank on the dial.

There are actually a couple ships beyond BB-8-equipped ones that can pull a reveal > action > PtL > green maneuver > action. Or something along those lines. Advanced Sensors can worn to a degree, but involves skipping your action step. But probably the best shenanigan setup like the BB-8 PtL that I have seen and used, is Whisper/Echo with Stygium Particle Accelerator, PtL, and usually something like Sensor Jammer. End result... You Decloak and reposition at start of maneuvers, take a free Evade action (SPA), Push the Limit to Barrel Roll (or Boost from EU), start of activation reveal and execute a Green Maneuver, clear stress, and take action (reposition or Focus). If you opt for Whisper you get a free post-attack Focus if you hit, and if you opt for Fire Control you add a free Target Lock to the end of all that.
>>
Trying to brainstorm up a list for when i get ImpVets. Ideas on this?

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!78:27,36,-1:-1:9:;195:27,-1,-1:33:17:;27:27:-1:1:&sn=Spanish%20Guitar%20Intensifies
>>
>>47289338
I think Omega leader will fill the role of that interceptor better. I also think that boosting to just PS 7 is nto worth it.

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!78:27,36,40:-1:9:;195:152,-1,-1:33:17:;187:152,153:-1:-1:&sn=Spanish%20Guitar%20Intensifies
>>
>>47289338
I like it. Turr Phenir is a little light, and Ryad doesn't quite need VI... But it should work well with some practice. Echo is the trickier one, as figuring your positioning with her can be a fucking nightmare for both your opponent and you. I like her though, she's my favorite Phantom to fly, because of how unpredictable she is.

Only thing I'd say is you could swap Stealth Device on Turr Phenir out doe Autothrusters, so he can hunt turrets better. And then use the point left over to swap VI out for Juke on Countess Ryad (since she'll have an Evade almost every turn). The downside to that changeup is needing a Starviper and Tie/Fo to get those two other cards.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.