[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Made this as a visual example for a DM. It is supposed to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1463221757604.jpg (625 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
1463221757604.jpg
625 KB, 1400x1400
Made this as a visual example for a DM. It is supposed to be a magic circle and eventually a magical symbol. I am wondering what I could do to give it a more magic type of feel and or could you give it a try? Anything would be appreciated, Thanks!
>>
File: 10.jpg (104 KB, 742x1000) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
104 KB, 742x1000
>>47247764
Get more minimalistic. The shapes and colours look disjointed on that thing, like you're just mashing different mage circles into a bigger meta structure that really doesn't look great.
>>
File: 1.jpg (84 KB, 742x1000) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
84 KB, 742x1000
>>47247764
>>47247808
I mean, jesus christ, you've got futhark runes on some of those and then this other nonsense fantasy script on others. It looks dreadful.
>>
>>47247808
Alright, I'll give making one from scratch a try. I did rip the runes from Google without looking further into them, oops
>>
>>47247764
Each one of those nodes is a complete Circle on its own. Why are you trying to mesh them all together?
>>
>>47247858
The idea was to make a circle that used each school of magic for it. This was the only thing I could think of at the time. My DM is making my character reintroduce magic into his world that my group is campaigning.
>>
>>47247891
Hmm, quick tip on that score then.

Like this anon said: >>47247808
Minimalist is king, but also have a single theme that unites each symbol of each school. On that end, try not to use full magic circles to represent the schools in the main symbol, instead have the main element from each school contribute to the overall design.

I really hope I got the point across, because I can't build an example for ya at the moment. Try looking at other magic circles from all media and see how others have done it as well.
>>
>>47247971
Thanks, like I've said before I just whipped this up to get some feed back since it's my first time trying this.
>>
>>47247764
This looks less like a single magical symbol and more like eight different wizards each made a unique sealing spell and then linked them all together to form a mega seal on something that needed that much of what would normally be overkill....new BBEG idea.
>>
>>47247891
Use one circle with one rune/symbol for each school instead of a full in circle for each...how did you make this anyway?
>>
>>47247764
Rather than minimalistic, the main problem with your pic is consistency. Complex is okay, but the complexity needs to be evenly spread out, it's the jarring transition from complex mini-circles to simple connecting lines that gives the greatest sense of wrongness.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.