[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ Shadowrun General -Just Going Out For Some Soymilk and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: Frys Aztech.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Frys Aztech.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SmartShop Host (Brought to you by Renraku)...

Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
Last Viewed Files: >>47219304
Clone_Zone_Mall_Soundtrack_36.mp8
Super_Bowl_100_Commerical_Highlights.trd
Natvat_New_Soycookie_Flavour_Test.sim
Auburn_Comparison_Shopping.pdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 24 (79% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Electrochromatic T-Shirts Half Off At Stuffer Shack This Weekend Only!'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked
>https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
>http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Snusnu4youyou.btl

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

So other than Food Fight, how many of you have actually spent time talking about how your character shops? Do you have a favourite store, do you get stuff delivered by drone daily, do you schlep out to Snohomish farmer's markets for some real peaches for that special someone? I find people just fill out the 'lifestyle' line of their character sheet and almost never detail what happens next.
>>
>>47244252
>I find people just fill out the 'lifestyle' line of their character sheet and almost never detail what happens next.
Story of my fucking life OP. My players don't fill out backstory, contacts, lifestyles, anything beyond the minimum. What am I supposed to work with? Fucking faggots.
>>
File: Hate.png (38 KB, 318x472) Image search: [Google]
Hate.png
38 KB, 318x472
>>47244252
>Fry's
>not Microcenter
>>
>>47244252
nowhere, I've never played. How do I sell this game? Assume I'll be loaning the "bucket o' dice" to whoever needs them.
>>
>>47244252
>Renraku connection
>Aztechnology pic
One job, anon.
>>
>>47244365
For the guy in the last thread that wanted to do some tricksy enchanting, look up Street Grimorie's Imbue Item ritual. Start with a weapon focus hammer and give it the simple trio of Respect, Alliance, and Rectitude traits.

Then go and try to do crazy things with the hammer. Make more stuff. Break stuff. Try and convince the GM to let that stuff work towards giving it a better trait than those basic three.

Or perhaps just one that lets you use it to get more dice on rituals and creation rolls.

Then do the same (more or less) for a new tool that you're going to make into a Legend.

Oh, and invest in a lot of Alchemy. Not for spells (but take Armor and perhaps some AoE to make desperation bombs with) but to get you lots of Reagents.

Don't worry about spending them like candy when casting spells that don't have super-huge requirements on Force, though. But save up.
>>
>>47244629
Do you need to spend skill points on alchemy when one dram of reagents in 20 nuyen?
>>
File: ItsHappening.jpg (98 KB, 504x426) Image search: [Google]
ItsHappening.jpg
98 KB, 504x426
Hoi! Chummers!
It's Friday night, I've got my synth wave jams up, a stack of paper, and some time to kill. Time for some motherfragging drawfriendship.
I'm down for a few simple character requests or silly stuff.
>>
>>47244707
As discussed in the last thread, could you possibly draw Cinnamon, the super cute AI who just wants to make a bunch of new friends?
She's got a fuckton of CHA and supports hear team by cheering them on with pompoms in their AR displays, or by distracting guards by getting them to join in on a dance party with her via a trideo projector.
Here's some of the posts talking about her in the last thread, the pastebin at the end also has a description of her matrix persona:
>>47226707
>>47227051
>>47227085
>>47227258
>>47227472
>>47228050
Thanks in advance, if you chose to draw her, chummer!
>>
>>47244650
Most wouldn't, but considering that this guy is wanting to (eventually) get to pretty high force rituals, might as well.

Especially as he's getting into Enchanting. That's a good way to eat up the drams if you don't have a good collaborator. Imbuing a good, common sword is force 9, although if you've got the skills to cold-forge a good sword it goes down.

If there's somebody else that can help with the rituals, then a point or two is a bit unnecessary, but if not it'll probably pay for itself.

(And make even more money as you pump out foci that weren't quite as good as you wanted.)
>>
File: PotatoSandwich.jpg (84 KB, 504x426) Image search: [Google]
PotatoSandwich.jpg
84 KB, 504x426
>>47244747
That'll be a good start. Seeing how this got a bit of attention, I'll put some time into her tonight.
>>
>>47244707
Can't find a good pic for my runner so...
African/Native American male with ragged grey T-shirt and a misc logo on front underneath an armor jacket, grungy street blue jeans, pair of goggles on his head, and some "serious bizniss" plasteel toe boots? All while he's sitting down crosslegged as if he's waiting for something to happen?
>>
>>47244707
No requests, just wanted to say i'm switching between both pics you did of my ork decker girl on roll20 right now. No one else in the group has custom pictures, they're very jealous. Thanks again dude!
>>
>>47244707
A red haired, green eyed pixie wearing a jumpsuit and sitting atop a neo-net juggernaut with a really tacky red and yellow color scheme.
>>
>>47244252
I had a Mage who boycotted Aztec on principal. It was hard to shop sometimes.
Then again, this is the same guy who lived in Touristville and would routinely bury his head in the largest pile of drugs he could afford. So it wasn't like he was running down to the Stuffer.
>>
>>47244975
Would you mind sharing? I could always use more modern/future orcs.
>>
File: after_work_by_larkabella.jpg (71 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
after_work_by_larkabella.jpg
71 KB, 600x434
>>47244398

That's super lame. After they finish their next run, spend some time asking them those questions and roleplaying through a little slice of their runners' lives.

>Ok, so you all got paid!
>Where are you sleeping tonight?
>How do you get there?

And so forth.
>>
File: CinnamonWinnamon.jpg (407 KB, 500x1115) Image search: [Google]
CinnamonWinnamon.jpg
407 KB, 500x1115
>>47244747
WHEW
>>
>>47244398
It's only an impediment if you take that empty conceptual space as something you can't fill in for them. They'll start to come up with stuff if they don't like that happening. Or they'll quit. Either way.
>>
File: pompom.gif (572 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
pompom.gif
572 KB, 500x353
>>47245368

Not bad, drawfriend. Not bad at all.
>>
>>47244707
Ex-corp street sam elf, still maintains an almost palpable aura of 'corporate man' about himso like 'black helicopter professional. prefers obviously armored 'business suits', both arms cybered, full cybervisor/eye system.
>>
File: Bizniss.jpg (217 KB, 479x600) Image search: [Google]
Bizniss.jpg
217 KB, 479x600
>>47244957
Finished.

>>47244975
Thanks, chummer. The world needs more ork girls.
>>
File: GilaAgain.jpg (458 KB, 600x1013) Image search: [Google]
GilaAgain.jpg
458 KB, 600x1013
>>47245128
Sharing.
>>
File: terriblecharacter.jpg (59 KB, 634x399) Image search: [Google]
terriblecharacter.jpg
59 KB, 634x399
>>47244707
Take the dude on the left, and put it on a soldier's body posed like on the right (but not necessarily a bullpup rifle. In fact, I'd prefer something AR15-derived with a foregrip.). Leave the helmet off (if you don't have a helmet, it means you're less likely to get shot at, right?), but add bits and bobs like quick access medical supplies and DocWagon HTR appropriate patches or badges (chestplate, shoulder).
>>
>>47244707
Gunther Hermann showing off his new skullgun. Possibly by shooting up a vending machine.
>>
>>47244252
That's my local Fry's Electronics. Bell and the 17, my man.
>>
File: PixNaught.jpg (430 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
PixNaught.jpg
430 KB, 675x900
>>47245042
Surprised there's no art around for the Juggernaut by now. Sorry for no colors.

Also apologies to the rest of the requests, it's pretty early here now and my hand is getting sore. If you catch me next Friday I'll make sure I get you.
>>
>>47244707
Would you be willing to do an especially buff troll in an armoured vest standing/leaning next to an up armoured Harley Davidson combat chopper? Bald except for a set of well kept full curl rams horns.

Maybe doing the classic 50s greaser schtick with a file instead of a comb
>>
>>47246412
>Bald except for a set of well kept full curl rams horns.
>Maybe doing the classic 50s greaser schtick with a file instead of a comb

Stealing this for my next character
>>
>>47244707

I'll join in on the pleading bandwagon.

Last thread an anon posted a description of his punk mohawk group. I found it pretty amusing, and I'd love to see them visualised.

>>47239216
>>
>>47246412
>>47246688
See >>47246240
>>
>>47246843

Whoops

Thanks for pointing this out.

>>47246240
Thanks for being around anyway!
>>
Hrm. Anyone know if there was an errata about the gear that goes onto weapons? For some reason the Ingram Valiant has a Stock accessory mounted to it and I'm not sure where it came from.
>>
>>47245715
Thanks man!
>>
File: 1438739756539.jpg (323 KB, 1024x737) Image search: [Google]
1438739756539.jpg
323 KB, 1024x737
>>47244533
It's a real store in Arizona. Show me a Microcenter with a Jap theme and I'll gladly use it.

>>47244606
But that's the trick -you can get to Aztechnology-owned online shopping through the Renraku grid, they just introduce a tiny amount of latency- not enough to stop you, but enough that every time you go there you think, "Man this site is slow."

Guerrilla corporate war at it's finest.
>>
>>47244570
>You get to be strong guys, but you have to be smart too

Most players like the escapist fantasy and don't want to be shit-farmers, but they also like feeling smart and having plans work

>You get to mix technology and magic

A good selling point, as most games don't allow them to go together. 'Wizard with a Deagle' is a mental image that never fails to intrigue. Mention sidelong that mages are not kings in this game.

>There are cute business dragons

If this doesn't hook them, leave the group forever.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 170x296) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 170x296
i am wanting to make a robot/Ai dude in 4E, got any tips?
>>
File: Absolutely Worth 0.9 Essence.webm (3 MB, 1024x426) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Worth 0.9 Essence.webm
3 MB, 1024x426
>>47249481
Get a Nadeshiko body; good stats without being super-expensive. Mod it up and have Pilot Origins and you can be a street sam.

Emulate from Unwired lets you be a surrogate technomancer.
>>
>>47244707
Sneaksy loli adept in tacsuit with an Ares Alpha on her back and an ultrapower on a dropleg holster.
>>
File: 1459096302540.jpg (122 KB, 453x423) Image search: [Google]
1459096302540.jpg
122 KB, 453x423
>other PC is in hospital with rad poisoning due to some shenanagins on an attack at Aztch
>my character considers her a good friend, so he spends her recovery time in the hospital with her
>sees that someone brought flowers while she was asleep
>nice
>talk shop with her
>guy comes into the room
>he's part of KE, investigating some stuff about the last run we were on
>he reviews the audio recording from a bug that was in the flowers beside us
>uh-oh
>reviewing what was said in roll20, DM realizes we never said anything totally damning IC, just skirted some things
>DM good sport so KE blanches and spills spaghetti, but points out that it was known one of the five perps was exposed to radiation during their job, and it's awfully odd that she's getting treatment now
>my dude is the party face and has tons of moralfag points for helping clean out some other scum from the streets
>and 1 logic, so his lies are retarded
>convince KE guy i wouldn't hang with terrorists, and that it was a ghoul that had ate something radioactive and puked on her is what caused her to get rad poisoning
>tell him that we are merely traveling chefs in search of exotic dishes
>my roll has six ranks of success (and my dude did have a bit of a background working in a bar, so it isn't an awful, awful strech)
>KE detective is mostly convinced, but asks for proof of our skill
>I challange him to a cook-off to prove our innocence
>his group versus ours

And that's how my next shadowrun session became Iron Chef
>>
>>47249720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr8o9tOeUEA remote hacking.
>>
File: Autokitchen.jpg (33 KB, 402x250) Image search: [Google]
Autokitchen.jpg
33 KB, 402x250
>>47249863
Hope you have some skillwires and a Bourdain subscription.
>>
>>47248770
>'Wizard with a Deagle'
I want to be a gunwizard now.
Any particular edition I should use? Is Shadowrun 5E as much of a disaster as DnD 4E was or is it fine?
>>
File: 1445732684249.jpg (473 KB, 806x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445732684249.jpg
473 KB, 806x1000
>>47250008
5e is fine; it's not perfect, but it holds up fairly well, and you'll find the most help for it online.

And fuck you 4eD&D was a great game that got killed by Mearls and his reckless faggotry
>>
I need to get into another game... i mean I'm IN the Seattle area, so I know there's an open group SOMEWHERE...
>>
>>47250008
Only douchebags use deagles.
>>
>>47250056
And now I can't find the source of that thing when I try to look it up.

Basically, the premise that desert eagles were a weapon for villains and douchebags comes from an old grizzled prop master on some film set. When asked what weapon the hero should use, someone proposed a DE, and the prop master was like "Hell no. Only cunts use desert eagles."
>>
>>47248193
>Ingram Valiant has a Stock accessory

The book description says it comes with a shock pad, and that's a stock accessory, right?
>>
>>47250749
>bullpup
>thumbhole stock

eeuugh
>>
>>47250749
Technically the shock pad is a modification to an existing Stock, but the actual Stock accessory is puzzling me. I don't remember adding it, so I'm a smidgeon puzzled. It's not super important or anything.
>>
>>47250208

DEs are classic over compensation mechanism.

You can basically guarantee the guy using one has a comb over, drives a vette and has a small penis.
>>
File: Brother Sharp COD4.jpg (88 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
Brother Sharp COD4.jpg
88 KB, 560x420
>>47250030
ayy i recognize that jacket
>>
>>47250779
Oh right, I forgot that chummer had a separate entry for "Stock."

I don't think that's supposed to be there by default on the Valiant.

>>47250770
You must be a big fan of FN, huh?
>>
>>47250888
I am, actually. The FN FAL is a fine rifle, and I liked the Five-seveN when I got to try it out. The P90 is just funky, though. I didn't like it.
>>
>>47251019

The P90 and F2000 are kinda funky weapons. The P90 seems like it's decent for it's design mission which is a high capacity self defense weapon but I'm kinda meh on the F2000 design.
>>
>>47251134
I just really dislike thumbhole stocks and find bullpups extremely cumbersome to reload. But then, my ride of choice is an AK variant so I don't really have any room to complain about reloading being awkward.
>>
>>47244252
Whoa haha! I live about 20 minutes east of the Fry's in OP pic.

They have a surprising amount of pc parts there.
>>
>>47250888
FN is top tier. If I could easily get a SCAR to Finland I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

>tfw some funswitch FNCs are floating around for sub2k but I'm never getting a permit for those
>>
I wanna play shadowrun. Which edition do I bother myself with?
>>
>>47251377
>tfw SCARs, FALs, and G3s are all banned in Canada
>I will never have my battle raifu in 7.62 real fuckin NATO
>>
>>47252116
If you have a group, the one they're using. If you don't have a group yet, 5e.
>>
>>47252127
I think it's more about clapistanians not wanting to export the SCAR for us. Maybe you have a similar situation over there?
>>
>>47252167
Nah, we have a big list of "Guns that are banned because the RCMP say so" and the FAL, SCAR, and G3 (and all variants) are on it.
>>
>>47252222
That's gay. Luckily we have no banned individual weapons at all and no import restrictions.
And no 5 round mag limitations either!

How do they justify banning FALs? "Ease of converting to full auto"?
>>
>>47252344
There isn't a justification.
We've got three levels of stuff:
>Non-restricted, you need a license to own these but you don't need to register them
>Restricted, you need another license to own these and you have to register all of them and get a special permit allowing you to move them from your home to a specific range, and you cannot stop on the way there at all
>Prohibited, nope nope no no nope never unless your direct family owned one before they were prohibited
There's description of what makes something prohibited, a fully automatic weapon, short enough barrel length, etc, then there's also a clause that says
>Any weapon prescribed as prohibited is also prohibited
Which is "this is banned because reasons"
And the FAL, G3, and SCAR are on the list of weapons prescribed as prohibited.
>>
What makes Deltaware better for your soul than alpha and basic wares?
>>
>>47252344
It's retarded. We can have ARs and M14s, but we literally cannot have old service rifles like the FAL and G3. I am sad.
>>
>>47252574
It's so good at bypassing various methods of detection, it even fools your soul.
>>
>>47252574
Better adaptation to your body, better support while healing

Also it is so expensive that your soul thinks it HAS to be better than the rest
>>
>>47252666
>Even your soul is fooled by advertising in the 6th world
>>
>2076-60
>wanting a heavy as fuck battle rifle because muh 7.62 AP NATO

5.56mm master race
>>
>>47252604
>>47252426
You should hop over the border and settle in clapistan for that sweet second amendment.
>>
>>47253168
B-but we can get norinco milled receiver M14 clones here

and a good supply of Lee Enfields

>it's not all that bad, really, unless you're an AK, FAL, or G3 aficionado.
>>
>>47252574
I wouldn't use the full rules implications of my explanation, because the essence loss for deadly damage rules were a royal pain, but here's my explanation.

Your soul, while very good at noticing damage to your body, is not very good at putting the whole picture together. It's possible to get an injury that should have costed you your whole arm, and your soul weakens because it notices that hey, missing an arm, blood loss will kill me.

It doesn't quite realize that the drugs and solution and treatment mean that the injury was you getting your arm taken out and a metal one put in. It just notices a gaping wound. Better grades and installations of 'ware do better at tricking your soul into seeing the metal as part of you, but it's never quite perfect. A delta cyber-arm still has points where the soul is sure that you should be bleeding out, or lost muscle to this that or the other reason, and so still weakens.

Even a delta arm replacement made from your own cells has differences that make the soul freak out. For most people. Biocompatibles and/or gamma could change that.
>>
>>47253229
We also get SVTs for dirt cheap whereas they cost over 1400 USD in America
>>
>>47253229
Do it for your raifu, anon.
>>
>>47244252
My friends want me to GM 5th edition for them, and I was wondering if there was a rules summary or something. Just a quick rundown on everything.

Also, do I need a grid or anything like that for combat? Or can I wing it effectively?
>>
File: Lee Enfield No.4 and Mk.3 .jpg (286 KB, 1600x930) Image search: [Google]
Lee Enfield No.4 and Mk.3 .jpg
286 KB, 1600x930
>>47253303
What if my raifu harem is a Norinco M14 in scout rifle setup, a Lee Enfield No1Mk3 with sword bayonet, and a No.4T?
>>
>>47253419
Get the Cheat Sheets, print a copy out, possibly multiples if you're gonna supply them for your group, and try the initative tracker.

While you can keep track with just a scratch pad, why not use what you have available?

Well, if you can.
>>
>>47253419
>rules summary
look at the mediafire link in the pastebin in the op
under 5e there should be two folders: Beginner Box and Alphaware Content

also get chummer5. The link is in the OP and the developer posts here as !yekka
Start with Food Fight, it's in one of the two folders
>>
>>47253484
>>47253419
Also, or possibly alternatively, look up the run by Love Love anon.
>>
>>47253484
Food Fight's in Alphaware. It's part of Plots and Paydata, the book with all the run/encounter ideas for the maps all the way in the back.
>>
>>47244252
I don't believe in lasting groups anymore so I never fill out those details. I just make a concept I want to play for a week or two and then watch the group dissolve.
>>
File: 31323497_p0.jpg (462 KB, 1000x1319) Image search: [Google]
31323497_p0.jpg
462 KB, 1000x1319
>>47253272

And your SKS's are also significantly cheaper than US prices thanks to that same import ban.

>>47253419

The Quick Start rules are freely available and are a bit condensed from the real rulebook.

As far as grids go, they're not strictly necessary, but if you want to enforce movement rules and positioning they're very helpful.
My group uses roll20 maps on a projector for any combat where it's necessary. If there's only a few baddies that will be dropped in the first round, we skip maps entirely.

>>47253522
That's a real bummer, chummer.

Off-topic, but I'm hanging up my catgirlposting today. I know a few of you are interested in having my collection - what's the best way to share a ~400MB 7zip full of cybercatgirls?
>>
So, it's possible to get completely cyberlimb and still have essence left
What metahumanity is left at that point, or is it all circuits and chrome?
>>
>>47253606
You never replace your torso and head, only most of the exterior.
>>
>>47253606
Cyberlimbs are full replacement for arms and legs, cybertorsos and skulls keep your organs, they just put them in a metal shell so to speak.
>>
>>47253606
Actual cyberlimbs, yeah. It's four 1 ess limbs, so you'll have two left over, more if you got better than standard grade or are cybercompatible.

If you want to shell the skull and torso then you're either taking them as 'cyberlimbs' or the bone lacing and in either case you're gonna want to get better than standard grade.

Well, have to if you're getting the shells. But that's really inefficient.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ihIJ1UZAVk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa1zLRI8ZnQ
How would make Stroheim? For that matter, what about the Pillar Men?
>>
>>47253684
Stroheim is a guy that's gotten (probably beta or delta grade) cyberlimbs, an implanted shotgun (autofire) or SMG, one of the metal bone lacings, and great cybereyes.

Limbs are all enhanced to the nines, armored, possibly bulk-ed, and so forth.
>>
>>47253766
I guess he was right, German Science IS the best in the world.
>>
>>47253652
>Better than standard grade
By which you mean used, right? The less essence left, the better you are as a cyberzombie.
>>
>>47253444
Then you're cheating on your true love, the F A L.

My raifu 4 lyfe is the Sako.
>>
File: 1463256471041.png (513 KB, 518x522) Image search: [Google]
1463256471041.png
513 KB, 518x522
>>47253964
>The less essence left, the better you are as a cyberzombie.
You wanna know what's worse than Cyberzombies...INVISIBLE CYBERZOMBIES!
>>
>>47253964
He probably burned an edge to survive despite the circumstances.
>>
So how often does magic come up in your games?

All the games i've been in or heard about have runners doing traditional cyberpunk things in traditional cyberpunk ways.
When was the last time you robbed a shipment of orichalcum, assassinated the target in hiding with a prodigal spell, or met a spooky ghost.
>>
File: su-jian-160130.jpg (895 KB, 1920x2940) Image search: [Google]
su-jian-160130.jpg
895 KB, 1920x2940
>>47255055

Often enough. We've fought a few mages, to begin with.

Our last mission involved recovering the wreckage of a jet with an experimental system that was powered by blood magic.

Now we have a client who wants to crash a benefit party put on by one of the premier magical organizations in New York.

Offtopic:
I did the mega thing. Enjoy.
https://mega.nz/#!JodHVJII!tgjOgwQN6_Fn7pG23QvWi0s8MJ2VophaVOSzZ9PqsC0
>>
>>47255256
>>47255256
>cybercatgirls.7z
>383.1 MB
bless you anon
>>
>>47252574
There's no pre-constructed ware at delta grade. When your surgeon goes to work on you, they're also your technician, both customising and putting together your ware on the table.
>>
How hard is Shadowrun to get into? I've always wanted to try it ever since playing the games, but it seems so... rule-heavy.
>>
>>47256636
It has a lot of tables for things. The actual rules are simple: you have attributes(think Stats) and Skills(like Pistols, Hardware, Perception,...). You roll (Attribute + Skill +Modifier)d6, note down how many of those are 5 or 6. It's pretty crunchy due to many rules regarding what attributes/skills you use, what order they have to be rolled in, and what the modifiers per situation are.
>>
>>47257028
also what I forgot is that CharGen is pretty hard due to having a lot of choices. If you want to know how to play, look in the thread, another anon already asked
>>
>>47256636
>>47257060
That was in the previous thread: >>47243544
>>
>>47257136
I meant him
>>47253419
>>
>>47244252
Want to run a GiTS sort of campaign, is Shadowrun the system for me?
>>
>>47257618
Kinda, sorta. There is a reworked hacking pdf that is more GiTS-style than how Shadowrun hacking actually is. It's also 4e.
>>
>>47257618

If you don't want to waste time ripping all the magic out of Shadowrun, you might be better off with Eclipse Phase or Interface Zero.
>>
>>47257766
How in depth is hacking? Is it not handwaved with a skill check?

>>47257924
I do not mind the magic at all.
>>
>>47244252
Grove makes the rounds on some local stores and keeps a stock of dried and frozen food in his doss if he needs to lay low for a while, basically rice and beans. He shells out for a few fresh veggies each month, not a lot, but enough to keep him regular, 'ey chummer? When he's just crashed back home after working some long jobs and a bit flush with cred, he'll blow some nuyen on delivery.
>>
>>47244707
ork with a red beard and mohawk (somewhat like your portrait there) wearing suspenders over a hoodie. He's crouched behind a dumpster in an alley. His hands are on fire because magic.
>>
>>47257618
Look into Infinity. Seriously.
>>
>>47257924
I'd suggest Nova Praxis over Eclipse Phase.
>>
>>47257963
I wouldn't know, I could never really power through the first 3 pages.
>>
>>47258109
That was last night, omae.
>>
>>47257963
Hacking a device is one or a couple checks. Cybercombat is a little more complex. Screwing around in a host take even more time, but is comparatively lighter on the players than in previous editions.
>>
>>47258226
Owell, moving on with life now.
>>
File: image.gif (119 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
119 KB, 500x400
>>47258059
>Vegetables
Is that what that green drek is for? I always hit the novacoke whenever I needed to defrag the old archives. Doc's orders.
>>
File: tattooed_elf_by_edge_works.jpg (363 KB, 818x762) Image search: [Google]
tattooed_elf_by_edge_works.jpg
363 KB, 818x762
Min Max to make the best possible sniper, Go!
>>
>>47258467
max agility, longarms, and sniper rifle specialization

now fuck off
>>
>>47258531
Add in adept magic and you're golden
>>
>>47258467
Elf metavariant, Metagenic Improvement (Agility), Exceptional Attribute (Agility), Gene Optimization (Agility), Prototype Transhuman, Muscle Toner 2, Max Agility, Max Longarms, Sniper Rifle Specialization, Max Improved Ability (Longarms). There, you are actually throwing that entire bucket of dice you brought with you.
>>
>>47258467
Do breathing and hearbeat have any mechanical influence on precision shooting or do you get a bonus if you got cyberlungs and heart?
Guess a dude without hearbeat who doesn't need to breath for minutes would be kind of unnerving.
>>
>>47258754
I think a "cyber"heart only enhances athletics checks, not sniping performance. Not entirely sure about the opposite, can't remember on shooting while winded or with a heart condition.
>>
>>47258754
There are a handful of options that allow you to ignore breathing for hours, from drugs to cyber. No cyber hearts.
>>
>>47258754
Faggot, I, easily, got like 14 dice with a sniper rifle without even fucking trying to , if you are trying to get more, you are a fucking dumbass munckin bitch and need to stop fucking playing tabletop games, pull your head out of your ass, and grow the fuck up.
>>
>>47258467
Min Maxing shadowrun is literally the worst.
>>
>>47258289
That nasty drek gives me the jitters for days, no can do, chummer. You need to find a doc that doesn't work for the cartels. The greens scrape all of the toxic drek out of your guts, or at least some of it.
>>
>>47258608

Make sure you throw a Reflex Recorder in when you're getting that Prototype Transhuman bioware.

>>47259329

Whoa, dial it back a bit, omae.

>>47255641

You're welcome, chummer. Treat them kindly in my stead.
>>
>>47258467
>min maxing
>in shadowrun

Come on now, senpai. Embrace the FLAVOR and AESTHETICS.
>>
The run is to kidnap a daughter of an exec. The plans are:

Plan A
On her way to prom in an A/AA zone, hijack her limo on the freeway, shoot anyone that interferes.

Plan B
Lure the kids to an after prom party at Touristville where we can easily separate the target from her friends and stealthily kidnap her.

If you chose Plan A congratulations! You succeeded due to blind luck and the DM rolling critical glitches. Who cares if dozens of passing motorists and cameras saw you?

If you chose Plan B then your consolation is that your plan wouldn't have seriously injured the target like Plan A did.
>>
>>47244252
lol I know where this store is.
>>
>>47250787
In the world of Shadowrun, can the same thing be said for the Warhawk?
I had a Shaman who had one as a disguise, kinda. He figured that no mage would carry one, so if he had one prominently displayed, he'd look less like a Twitchy Figures.
>>
Hey lads, Guy who wants to get into Shadowrun here. Can any of you lads supply me with the Shadowrun pdf? If it's not the place I'll delete my post and be done with it.
>>
>>47261081
6 skill points in handguns and Predator/Warhawk is /srg/ meta for mages.

>>47261154
Check the pastebin.
>>
>>47261188
What about... 3 points in handguns?
Look, he carried one to look like a not-Shaman, doesn't mean he can USE it.
>>
>>47261255
Bluff (Handguns)
>>
>>47261287
Exactly! I never fired the damn thing more then twice. Both of which were into a ceiling to scare people. Just about shit his own pants it was so loud.
>>
File: Citizen Snipes.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Citizen Snipes.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47258467

30 dice without aiming, 35 with maximum aiming bonuses.

Could get another +2 dice if your GM (foolishly) allows you to take Doom as a Mentor Spirit.

Sum-to-10 because it's the minmaxer's friend:
B Attributes, B Resources
C Metatype, C Magic
E Skills
>>
I've been thinking about starting my own custom Shadowrun campaign, how can I make a good campaign? I'm already feeling like I want to NPC out Decking, It seems rather common and from what I've seen, and will just kinda clean up the game for those who are new or aren't super into it. If someone REALLY wants to play a Decker, maybe I'll work it in somehow, but I think I'll just have to deal with that as it comes. So, a few particular things, but really any overall advice would be great.

I'm thinking about running a character of my own, mostly as an assist character (this would be the decker), is this a bad idea? I know it isn't common, but I feel like I can deal with it appropriately. I also know that some players might not be 100% comfortable with this.

I was planning on having a combat heavy campaign in a war like setting, but now that I'm looking it over, it might not give Face's any thing to do, and all the shit about being stealthy and nondescript might not apply. Is there some way I can make precautions to keep that in, or should I rewrite it a bit to make it more natural?

Lastly, and possibly most importantly, how can I get people actually interested and involved in Shadowrun, a lot of people don't seem to like it, or don't seem interested in it. I've heard some complaints about the d6 system, but I can't do shit about that, and personally I like the d6 system. But other than that there's something about the setting that just doesn't catch people. You'd think supertech + magic would be super cool but apparently a lot of people just doesn't find this as great as generic fantasy. In the end my greatest concern is I can't even get enough players to run the game.
>>
>>47261792
>I'm thinking about running a character of my own, mostly as an assist character (this would be the decker), is this a bad idea? I know it isn't common, but I feel like I can deal with it appropriately. I also know that some players might not be 100% comfortable with this.
Sure why not. Treat him like a NPC, not a DMPC.
>I was planning on having a combat heavy campaign in a war like setting, but now that I'm looking it over, it might not give Face's any thing to do, and all the shit about being stealthy and nondescript might not apply. Is there some way I can make precautions to keep that in, or should I rewrite it a bit to make it more natural?
Mercenaries mate. Combat but with a need to smooth talk your way in and out of situations. Besides, how are you going to smuggle your equipment in and out?

>Lastly, and possibly most importantly, how can I get people actually interested and involved in Shadowrun, a lot of people don't seem to like it, or don't seem interested in it.
I don't know but, but don't mention the 400 page poorly edited convoluted rulebook.
>>
>>47261792
War is not the best setting for new runners, but you can do plenty of sabotage, assassinations, extractions and intrigue. Just don't do rank and file.
>>
File: SR.jpg (293 KB, 1251x723) Image search: [Google]
SR.jpg
293 KB, 1251x723
>>47261792
>I'm already feeling like I want to NPC out Decking
That or check out Ends of the Matrix for 4e. It makes the system a lot more intuitive if not simpler.
But it's best to learn Matrix stuff sooner or later if you want an ongoing game
>I'm thinking about running a character of my own
Noooooo
>mostly as an assist character (this would be the decker)
Oh this could be fine then. Gives you chance to learn the system. So long as it doesn't take too much time from the players.
>I was planning on having a combat heavy campaign in a war like setting
Shadowrun rules aren't that great at handling stuff beyond man to man combat. Grenades and machine guns are about the heaviest stuff it can handle before shit gets clunky and weird.
If you want war stuff I might suggest a barrens heavy game. Sort of an urban post-apoc deal with lots of petty warlords fighting over turf and crops cashing in on the chaos
>Lastly, and possibly most importantly, how can I get people actually interested and involved in Shadowrun
Lurk here a while and absorb some of the crazy ass stories the game produces. As much as I like the game the cyberpunk and magic elements are really poorly mixed and at times that can be a drag. The game is literally D&D in the dystopian future.
Personally I find it works best when played and presented as something silly and flexible. Shadowrun is an ultra-violent 80s or 90s cartoon. It's flamboyant mercs re-enacting Tower of the Elephant but with more C4.
I guess the point is that it's game and world that works much better in motion that it does on paper. So if you can't sell them on the setting, sell them on the adventure.
>>
>>47262016
Right of course, I'm just not sure people will be able to see it that way. Maybe at the beginning I'll ask the players and if they seem uneasy I'll just trash him/make him hack remotely from base.

I didn't really think about mercenaries, that's a pretty good idea, thanks mate.

I would certainly help them as much as I could, even make their characters for them if they really needed me too. I don't suppose there's anything for randomgen characters (the game is pretty minmax-y), I wouldn't really want to do this, but maybe I would need to?

>>47262054
It definitely isn't going to be straight up in the trenches warfare. More like, they are hired by Company A to completely ruin Company B.This would definitely start with a lot of Sabotage and the like, but as the game progresses this might be a problem due to, Company B realizing there's a certain team fucking up their shit (maybe this is where I can add some stealth/non-descript stuff), as well as it eventually escalating to a full on battle (this would only be the last two missions though, basically the finale boss fight).
>>
For 4th ed, how many drones can a rigger command at once?
>>
>>47244252
My character is an ex-Cop (Knight Errant) who works in a stuffer shack and lives inna shitty basement level apartment. Shops mostly at the stuffer, I guess
>>
>>47262182
I was planning on a 5e game. I know it's bad to just cut out most of the matrix, but from my own experience, the matrix is just an annoyance for anyone that isn't the only decker, and even he's annoyed by how much little shit he has to roll.

Yeah, that's my fear. I was thinking of crippling him to the point of basically being a peasant, and keeping him in the back / out of most things unless he's needed to hack or fix something that's gone horribly wrong, but maybe that's the issue. Also I could just pull him all the way back to remote hacking so he has literally no presence other than giving the group Decker support when needed.

This tied into the whole removing matrix bullshit, I'd basically be rolling simplified rolls like; d100, above a 25 succeds, below summons guards. It seems like your suggesting I don't do this and I can see why, but once again, matrix seems almost disruptive compared to the rest of the game.

Like I kinda expanded in here >>47262185 it's not a full on war, but it's certainly not the standard, meeting your Johnson and getting your random mission, and more of a go fuck up our enemy's compound by doing so and so. Kinda the same, but definitely encourages running in, killing everyone, and claiming your victory.

I was trying to go down that road, but it's still hard when people are hating on the basics.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbV4NQbhnL8
So, would you play Boris as an Insect Shaman Biker?
>>
File: Decking-Flowchart-v8.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Decking-Flowchart-v8.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47262351

The 5e Matrix system is generally regarded as the most well-integrated Matrix of the Shadowrun editions.

While the rules look dense, it's actually pretty simple in practice. And since it works on the same Initiative system as people in meatspace, you can actually have everyone in the party doing their things simultaneously.
>>
>>47261792
As a first time gm who has been running a PMC-ish game with mostly new players for half a year so far.

>I'm thinking about running a character of my own, mostly as an assist character (this would be the decker.....

I do this but I don't really roll anything if they want to do something riskly then I will roll the very basic or roll a 1d100 making the TN a % he or she has to roll under.

>I was planning on having a combat heavy campaign in a war like setting, but now that I'm looking it over, it might not give Face's any thing to .....

This is also ok but having people with some face skills is not a bad idea or allow them to RP well enough to give them a bonus when rolling say skill.

>Lastly, and possibly most importantly, how can I get people actually interested and involved in Shadowrun,

Honestly I have no idea seems like SR is a game that a lot of people like to look for (online) but I don't know how well that works out in a LGS and so on.

The other thing I like to add is if you do want a combat heavy game doorkickers maps can do a pretty alright job for mostly inside combat and can do open ground combat too if used well enough.
>>
>>47261547
Why no prototype transhuman?
>>
Hey folks, I'm tinkering with the tooltips for recoil compensation in Chummer. Currently it's not super informative, so I'm trying to come up with a better breakdown dialog.

The Ingram Valiant, for example, shows "1 + Base (2) + STR [1/3 = 1] plus deployable accessories" for a total of 5 RC.

I'm not super happy with how this looks. Thoughts?
>>
Anyone have a basic mage character i can study?
newbie and making a mage, need inspiration.
>>
>>47264349
lmao new /srg/fag
>>
>>47264525
That's a bit broad a question: what do you want to be able to do with your magic?
>>
>>47246008
Filthy freeborns!
>>
>>47264603
Shamanic summoning and supporting with stun damage and debuffing crowds or single targets
>>
>>47264574
(You) anon isn't new. He's just kind of an asshole.
>>
>>47244252
Fry's Electronic went full fandom on this store front.
What is the price for the newest super computer? Your blood?
>>
>>47264830
The Houston one over by NASA kinda has a space station aesthetic to it.

>>47264609
If the Stunbolt/Stunball spells aren't really your cup of tea I would suggest the Chill or Frigid spells from Shadow Spells as a primary Stun damage magic as they not only deal damage, but they also decrease Initiative. Manipulation and Illusions spells are also worth looking into, what with things like Control Emotions and the various Bind spells for Manipulation, and things like Agony, Hot Potato and Stench in Illusion cutting into the opposition's ability to function in combat/whatever
>>
>>47264186

Because it doesn't actually help your Longarms dice pool. In fact, if you take it you'll miss out on the +1 from Brand Loyalty.

Prototype Transhuman is awesome when you're building bioware adepts that want an extra Power Point to spend on cool stuff.

However, this build is dumb and is going all-in on Longarms, so it only needs 3 PP to cap out the dice pool and then a .25 for the Accuracy buff. There's actually .75 PP left over that I forgot to spend, but there aren't any more powers that help his Longarms.
>>
Talk to me about talisman/magic shops.

Are they predominantly mom n pop run businesses, do we have megacorp ran super talisman stores pushing them out of town?
What would be the chances of the guy running the shop not having any magical aptitude at all?
Can I buy magic stuff without a license or should I find a back alley snake oil salesman?
>>
>>47267117
Talismongers have a union, called the United Talismonger's Association. If you aren't a part of it you are most likely a corp chain or an independent/criminal trying to make a few quick bucks on the side.
>>
>>47267117
>mom 'n' pop business
depends on your tradition and stuff you want:
Hermeticist, Chaosmagician or street shaman? probably one of the corp run shops like MCT's Pentagram Publishing. Shaman? probably small shops run by individuals or small groups. Also probably not literally Mom'n'pop due to the fact that the children of awakened are not necessarily awakened themselves
>no aptitude
unless he has an awakened partner? probably nil. Think about it, how is he going to be able to check if the things he gets are viable? Corp run ones have it easier due to having people above them checking the stuff before shipping
>no license
in the corp run shops? probably not unless you really grease some palms. Private ones? they will most likely not even check if you have one.
>>
Have any of your characters ever massivly changed the world in a campaign? I just finished one where we funded an outer heaven sort of base that was immune to coperate bullshit and served as the A-team for civilians that needed help. We fucked over a lot of corps in the process, but our face knew how to play ball and stop retaliation on us.

Shit was tight.
>>
I don't feel like giving my entire group NDAs so we can use the fading fix in Technomancer Book, but Fading really is utter bullshit if you go by the core rulebook.

What are some houserules you guys use to make it less bullshit?
>>
>>47268576
What's wrong with fading exactly? I have a set of house rules for technomancers, but nothing related to fading.
>>
>>47268576
I just take the listed values, divide them by half, (Puppeteer becomes L/2+2) and let them be healed with magic. They're honestly still higher than I like, but it's usually workable.
>>
>>47268576
As a quick'n'dirty fix, reduce Fading's strength by 2 all across the board.

>>47268663
It quickly becomes murderous for the techno.
>>
>>47268663
Adding on to what >>47268687 said, one of the minor things that's indirectly wrong with Fading is that there's no direct benefit to a Techno's being able to thread at Res*3.

With the partial exception of Puppeteer, only FAQ gets any direct benefit from being threaded at a higher level. Everything else is better off just being Edged and threaded at 1.

FAQ should be threaded at 2 (4 if you're Max Willpower, Exceptional Will possessing Dwarf Techno and are feeling lucky) and Edged so that you effectively have one more Edge (two for Max).

I don't have a good houserule, but one I've thought of but not tested or looked over is basing fading on the Device Rating of what you're effecting plus a constant for some powers, plus a fraction based on level relative to your resonance.

And probably make the floor for being able to affect things based on DR and adjusted by power.
>>
What's your favorite spell?

Mines levitate because who doesn't want to fly and have telekinetic powers. Although I have heard good things from the mind probers.

Spirits seem to be more hassle then they're worth, honestly haven't read to much into their rules. What do you think?
>>
>>47269358
>spirits are more trouble than they are worth
Hey man, hardened armour 12 ain't nothing to sniff at.

In terms of spells though?
Turn to Goo is nice for free 'ware
Punch is great because it's an indirect spell with drain of F-6.
>>
>>47269358
Spirits are definitely worth the trouble, doubly so if you have Spirit Whisperer.

And perhaps some alchemy to get free reagents so you're not paying quite so much every time you want a lasting high power option.

And while they're fragile against other mages, keep in mind that against a mundane weapon, a manifested spirit is rolling some variation of (Force*4) and gets an additional (Force/2) successes on that roll. Oh, and if the modified damage is less than (Force*2), it doesn't become stun damage, but is instead ignored outright.
>>
How much decking should a spider be able to do? Reading how they usually work it seems like they'd be specced as more of a rigger.

I'm trying to set up a semi-common decker foe for my players and a spider they've ticked off a few times seemed like an easy way to set that up.
Also how essential would a datajack be for one?
>>
>>47269358
>Favorite Spell
Ice Sheet (during chase scenes) and Net Bind (for general combat scenarios) Seem to be some of my usual go to spells. Although I do kind of like Decrease Willpower, if only because bound targets can't dodge your touch, as it make interrogations easier.
>>
>>47269644
Datajacks are not an essential decker hardware anymore. It's either trode-nets for pussies, or, if you are hardcore, drill a hole in your head for an Ethernet cable to run through/just straight up have your phone shoved into your head.

Also, look through Data Trails, p. 76-77 & p. 104-105 for stat block for sample spiders.
>>
>>47269736
That ethernet idea does seem to have the home-spun feel I was going for.

And thanks for the page numbers
>>
>>47269644
A datajack is nice (wireless bonus, one more Noise Reduction), but not essential. If you need a direct connection, regular cable is much cheaper and available in all kinds of sizes.
>>
>>47269799
I think he was just describing a datajack in more out of setting terms.
>>
>>47269358
>Spirits seem to be more hassle then they're worth
Fuck no. Let me tell you, nothing is better than cackling manically as your force 6 fire spirit engulfs someone, instantly reducing them to ash.
>>
>>47269358
Does commanding voice count as a spell? That if one of the funnest adept powers ever.
>>
>>47268002
Dude, fukken storytime that shit.

Sounds baller!
>>
>>47270252
Seconding this!
>>
>>47270267
third!
>>
>>47268002
Dude, don't fucking storytime that shit. There's /b/ if you want to be a retard.
>>
>>47270278
Forth'd
>>47270343
Seconding this.
>>
>>47270353
Thirding that.
>>
>>47270343
Oh shush!
>>
When is critter book
>>
anyone got the shoop of the DE:HR HUD with the ads everywhere and Inspector Gadget playing in the corner?
>>
>>47270466
Soon, hopefully.
>>
Quick question on counterspelling. If I am defending myself or someone else with coutnerspell against a Manipulation spell, would I roll Counterspell + Magic, or Counterspell + Magic + WIllpower?
>>
>>47270597
what edition?
>>
>>47270633
>>47270597
4th Edition sorry
>>
>>47270657
>When a protected character is targeted with a spell, she
>rolls Counterspelling dice in addition to the appropriate attribute (Body or Willpower) for the resistance test.
CRB p 175
>>
>>47270597
If you're doing spell defense (i.e. helping somebody and/or yourself defend against a spell being cast), then you can give a number of people up to your Magic rating a number of extra dice to resist up to your ranks in Counterspelling. Those ranks are your total for a full turn, so a speedy mage will batter your Spell Defense down.

If the spell is already in place, then it's your Counterspelling + Magic vs their Spell Force + Magic. Each hit reduces the number of net hits the caster got, and when it's at 0 hits the spell's broken.

If it's a ritual spell, then the resistance pool is the Ritual Force + all the participant's magic ratings.
>>
I am a GM. And I have some questions about wireless devices.

Let's say a player decides to make his grenades/guns wireless. Can he switch them to wired very easily? If his grenades are wireless, will a decker be able to hack the grenades and blow them up in his pockets? Or do the grenades only "activate" when he pull the pins?
>>
>>47270692
The problem is that the book says when it calls for a skill test you roll the skill + the linked attribute, and its linked attribute is listed as magic under skills. So would the mage roll Counterspell + Magic + Willpower, or replace Magic with Willpower?
>>
>>47270759
Seems like the Mage doesn't roll anything, they just add their Counterspell rating as bonus dice to the resistance rolls of the others
see:
Amul is protecting three of his allies with spell
defense when they are targeted by a Manaball spell.
Each of the three rolls their own Willpower to defend
against the spell, getting 1 hit each. Amul only
rolls his Counterspelling once, getting 2 hits. Th e
Counterspelling hits are added to the hits generated by
each target’s Willpower, so each gets 3 hits (1 + 2) to
defend against the Manaball spell.
same page as before
>>
>>47270714
In 5e he can set them to wireless-off with a Free Action. That's one or all.

As for the grenades, if he's got them armed and on wireless link, then yes, anyone with a mark can set them off.

Since a careless person could arm all of the grenades wirelessly, it's possible to do that.
>>
>>47270803
In addition, if you are dispelling an already active spell you roll Counterspell+MAG(yours) vs. Force+MAG(theirs) and reduce the hits on the original spell by your net hits
>>
>>47270714
Having used an airburst link grenade launcher before, the easiest thing to do is to keep the gun on and slaved to a strongly protected PAN, and use your Free action to arm each grenade as it fires.
>>
>>47270496
No, sorry. Will a megacorp logo that isn't dumb make up for it?
>>
File: cyberpunkdeusexkinda.jpg (104 KB, 1164x655) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunkdeusexkinda.jpg
104 KB, 1164x655
>>47270496
Found it!
>>
>>47271120
This also works very well with thrown grenades, because as near as I could tell from reading the rules, once you put wireless on a wireless armed grenade, there's no turning the thing off that doesn't involve detonation.

Or possibly tricky hacking.
>>
>>47271212
Turning wireless on and off and setting the grenade off all fall under the same action. If it's a thrown grenade, you probably can do it any time you wish.
>>
>>47272316
Yeah, but at least as I parse the writing, switching the mode is the signal to EXPLODE!.
>>
>>47270386
>>47270278
>>47270267
>>47270252
Guess i can storytime when I get home from work and ain't on just a phone. It's kind of a long story, though, but I can try to paraphrase 4u
>>
>>47272340
It lets you turn wifi on/off or use any of the extra functions a device has. You aren't obligated to detonate the grenade, but if you want to, you have to do it with that action.
>>
I'm planning on running a 5e game with some friends in the not-too-distant future, what books are nice to have? I've been looking into the Run Faster book for more character creation ideas, is anything else nice to have/does anything add anything really cool that's worth checking out?
>>
>>47272474
Chrome Flesh
Street Grimoire
Hard Targets
Data Trails
Run & Gun
Coyotes
Bullets & Bandages
Shadow Spells
Rigger 5.0
Market Panic
Gun Heaven 3
>>
>>47272474
Check this out: >>47243544
>>
>>47272517
>>47272533
Thanks, there's way more books in the pastebin than they show on the website, so I was a bit overwhelmed with choices.
>>
>>47272559
Stolen Souls also has a couple toxins, spells and adept powers, and doesn't have any new rules that would make it harder to get used to the game.
>>
>>47272819
Alright, I've grabbed something for just about every archetype i know of, do I need the errata if I have the second print copy of the core book?
>>
File: hazard.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
hazard.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Need /tg/'s help.

There is a runner in my group, who is not what she appears, and I need a way to track her around the city without her knowing.

shes a shifter of some kind if that matters, and awakened/dual nature all the time.

Im not awakened so Im going to have rely on tech to do the job.

Im thinking of slipping some RFID Taggent nanites into their food and using them to track them.

What do you think /tg/? Got any better ideas?
>>
>>47272415

this is /tg/ we like long wall-o-text stories
>>
>>47272890
Stealth tags in food, if you can manage it slip a tracker bullet into one of her magazines (they can still track even if you don't shoot them).
>>
>>47272858
I think errata is included in the second print, but I never made sure. Also, grab errata for Run and Gun, I think the only other book that has it, even though they all need one desperately.
>>
File: E-CAT27003E_SG-Errata.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
E-CAT27003E_SG-Errata.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47272957
R&G, 5E Core, and SG have errata.
>>
>>47272858
Not really. Most, but not all of it is in there and in all the right places. (For instance, I saw a reference to the old cost of MysAdept power points.)
>>
>>47272942

Thanks, sadly the fucker doesn't use guns, but normal stealth tags will work for that then?
>>
>>47272982
RFIDs can be smaller than a grain of rice, so it's possible.
Not sure how they will stand up to stomach acid though, do they have any addictions/vices you can exploit like cigarettes? If you give me a bit more info I may be able to think up more stuff.
>>
>>47272982
It won't work all the time, but how about a normal stealth or security tag under the insole of a shoe or on the sole of the shoe?
>>
I keep hear that having lower Essense will lower your Magic as well. I can't find it anywhere on the book. Can you help me out?
>>
>>47273200
Pages 52 and 95 in SR5.
>>
>>47273200
First mention in the 5e core is page 95. IIRC, it gets repeats in the sections on Technos and the Awakened.
>>
>>47273200
4e/20th anniversary mentions it on page 177 and probably some other places.
>>
>>47244707
Could I please have a sketch(not a complete drawing, its intended to be high-concept like proto-draft), of master chief as viewed through a shadowrun lens?

anything from the distinctive helmet to the pistol with an ares brand smartlink slapped on top, something that just hints at him Being A Thing.

thanks in advance, and stay awesome!
>>
>>47273162

Fucker is a shifter, so she turns into an animal half the time.
>>
>>47273246
>>47273231
>>47273269
5th ed here. Okay, so for every little bit of Essence I lose; I lose a full point of Magic?

The example says if my Ess goes from 6 to 5.8, I lose a full point of Magic. What if it goes from 5.8 to 5.6 after?
>>
File: hannibal.jpg (330 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
hannibal.jpg
330 KB, 1200x800
Newish GM, trying to design a prime runner as a minor antagonist for the group. He's a cannibalistic blood adept who eats people to gain power. My idea is to have the group investigate some missing persons cases in the neighbourhood, and eventually happen across his layer or track him while he's abducting someone.

I'm trying to balance him so that he's a challenging opponent for the party without completely wiping the floor with them. The core rulebook suggests giving prime runners 125%-200% of the average karma earned by the party to make them a challenge, but I'm not sure what the sweet spot is. The character's main strategy combat-wise is to disable opponents without killing them so he can eat them alive.

A couple characters in the party are pretty aggressively min-maxed, particularly an ork street sam with like 35 dice for damage resist.

Suggestions?
>>
>>47273318
It's a full point. So if you've lost .2 essence (let's say to a vampire), then you lost 1 point of magic. As long as you don't go below 5.0, you don't lose any more Magic/Resonance.
>>
>>47273318
If you got from 6 to 5.8, you lose one point immediately. But you won't lose any more until you go below 5.0.
>>
File: 1463206862223.gif (355 KB, 540x543) Image search: [Google]
1463206862223.gif
355 KB, 540x543
So what counts as "overkill" for high paying missions?

Right now I have my players tasked me stealing a jet from a ucas base. The base it self has 30 people on site and a other 20 on stand by all of the mooks in thie case have low reaction (5-7) and a shooting skill of 14 to 16 along with soaks around that number too.

Hopefully they wont run straight in and try to shoot everything without trying to flank but maybe I'm going about this wrong?
>>
>>47273278
Yeah, it wont' work all the time, but it should give you an idea of 'safe' places that the shifter frequents/stores stuff at.

And from there you can try remote drone surveillance. Well, hopefully.
>>
>>47273349
>>47273355
And I think it also affects healing spells and regular healing? I think if I were to perform first aid on a guy with 1 Ess. Then it's -3DP (-1 per 2 Ess loss)?
>>
>>47273415
You get a dice pool penalty when healing people equal to their essence loss. So a guy with 3 essence has a -3 dice pool because hes filled with wires and chrome and all sorts of wiz gear.
>>
>>47273462
>>47273415
It's -1 dice for every 2 full points of Essence Loss
>>
>>47273415
For regular healing it's -1 per two implants IIRC, with magical healing is -1 per essence lost.
>>
>>47273330
As many before said: Compare (skill) dice pools, Initiative and defense dice
>worse in all: easy peasy
>equal: fairly easy with a bit of preparation
>some better: hard, but not impossible if they act smart
>all better: gid gud
>>
>>47273503
>for every 2 full points of Essence Loss
are you sure? because I remember being told that with essence you round down not up. So someone with 1.1 essence loss is getting the same modifier as someone with 0.5 or 2 points lost
>>
>>47273415
Regular healing would lose you four dice in 5e. (Because it's per two full points of essence loss.)

Healing spells with the Essence tag lose one die per point of essence lost.

Therefore the worst penalty a patient can give mundane healing is -6 (uncooperative, awakened patient with 4 or more Essence worth of implants), and -6 for magical healing. (At least 5.01 Essence worth of implants.)

Although if you don't mind risking Magic Loss (and the GM agrees to reinstall this bit of an old rule as a house rule), then the first example is only -4. But how, what, you get the idea.
>>
>>47273592
It depends on what you're talking about. For Magic and Res loss, it's basically round down (5.9, 5.01 and everything in between is all 5 as far as loss is concerned.)

For limits in 5e, you always round up, both for the final calculations and for what your Essence is in the calculation.

As for healing, the table on 208 says it's per two whole points of Essence lost.
>>
File: considerthefollowing.gif (3 MB, 480x356) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.gif
3 MB, 480x356
>>47273556

It's important to note what you're comparing each thing to. These are the important metrics to look at.

>Attack pools vs Defense pools
>Damage (with avg net hits) vs Soak
>Initiative vs Initiative
>Number of bodies vs Number of bodies

Shadowrun combat is fast and brutal. Many PC's and even more of the opposition are likely to go down in 2 or less hits. Thus, combat is decided by who can hit, whether those hits deal damage, who hits first, and how many people need hitting.

A super dodgy adept build (6 ranks in Combat Sense + 8 REA + 5 INT + 6 for Full Defense, lol) can win fights simply because he can't get hit. A loltroll tank build can win fights by being immune to small arms fire.

Outside of those situations, it's typical for both the players and the opposition to be likely to land hits and also likely to deal damage. In that case, it's down to who hits first and how many bodies each side is fielding.
>>
>>47273369
Yeah, you're going about it wrong. Even assuming they get to the jet they'll get shot out of the sky once it's up in the air.
>>
>>47273556
Alright, good advice, thanks anon
>>
>>47274000
Hrm ok the other idea was to stat match them in skills and gear and make them flank and such.
>>
So why the fuck does reddit have TWO separate 'living' campaign settings? Was there nerd drama or they just pop up seperately, because i am so fuckin desperate to play shadowrun i am looking to reddit now.
>>
>>47274072
I'm ignoring how they get the jet. Is there some way for them to get out with it without the other jets shooting them down?
Also, word of advice: most people on a military base aren't armed, and large amounts of people are constantly drunk.
>>
>>47274132
AFAIR one of them is an offshoot due to group drama
>>
>>47274132
Also you have to remember that these are pure "Run of the week" games without downtime rp, so the only thing that matters is how good you are in the runs
>>
>>47268576
For a while I was tinkering with a rule where you only took damage for every two boxes of Fading damage you suffered. Game petered out pretty quickly so it didn't get much of a test.
>>47274132
Bunch of drama over house rules, essentially. The hubs are fine if you like shadowrun-of-the-week without any real character development.
>>
>>47274132

I hear one broke off from the other due to differences in GM style. One group plays as RAW as possible and the other is more open to house rules. Don't know which one is which, since I've never played there.
>>
>>47274161
Yeah its only one jet

I'm giving a fake mission set up to but the gist of the job here but to not let my players know that I asked about it here but in either case the guys in the place will be on guard but once they grab the package they just need to get out
>>
I'm currently homebrewing a cyberpunk system, but there's not /gdd/ nor cyberpunk thread, so this is the closest thread I guess.

My plan is to basically make the rules by the seat of my pants as I play, but what rules and features and powers and such do you think I should have on hand for a good cyberpunk run and gun? No magic.
>>
File: Nope.gif (899 KB, 158x129) Image search: [Google]
Nope.gif
899 KB, 158x129
>>47274735
>namefag
>doesn't want to talk about Shadowrun
>doesn't want his homebrew to be like Shadowrun
>doesn't want to make his own thread
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.