[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 1460527180255.jpg (169 KB, 984x659) Image search: [Google]
1460527180255.jpg
169 KB, 984x659
What's the most dishonourable thing you've done in-character?
>>
>>47243034
The bard.
>>
>>47243034

Charged a guy in the middle of his monologue. Off a cliff. Into his own army. 10d10 damage. He started that encounter at 1/6th hp.
>>
>>47243034
I was rude to a host, to their face.
Scorpion spiked my drink.

Very proficient at assassination, those guys.
>>
Shadowrun: a man was trying to destroy evidence than would lead us to our mark. He was flanked by half a dozen gunmen aiming at a large group of hostages. I headshot the guy knowing full well the guards would open fire on civilians. Granted my character is fully in Ares' pocket so I'm going full dystopic mercenary, but it opened up comments like "shit man, your character....is not a good guy" from my friends
>>
>>47243034
Killed a queen, as a paladin, because the alternative was to go on a pointless quest to get her food back from starving people.

Pinged on Detect Evil, so immediately went to work. She was unarmed, and I got the caster to ensnare all her guards. Then decapitated her.

Didn't fall or anything, because she was a terrible person, and she was actually doing incredibly terrible things in her dungeons, but still. Didn't sit well with me.
>>
File: REMOVEREMOVEREMOVE.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
REMOVEREMOVEREMOVE.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>>47243125
doing god(s)'s work, Anon
>>
>>47243034
Is that Jack and femme Aku?

Holy shit. It is, isn't it.
>>
>>47243034
I tortured a dwarf terrorist by shaving his beard off. I maintain it was the right thing to do, since he had information that would lead to saving the world, but my GM's a Cantian ethics moral absolutist who says that "Torture is always evil".
>>
>>47243214
Yeah, he finally gave in to his carnal desires and crushed that puss.
Aku won.
>>
>>47243034
Chaotic Good Rogue
>Rabbit Punched a starving, drug addicted, beggar to get a kek out of a low-level mob boss as a way of introducing myself.
>Shot a man in the back for turning away from me while I was speaking in the middle of a seedy tavern. Broadhead Arrow. Straight-up Murder.
>Sold highly addictive and possibly harmful drugs onto the streets of my home city to fish for a lead on the BBEG. Means to and end.

True Neutral Fighter (Mercenary)
>Decapitated the corpse of a Bandit and tossed his head down an unexplored hallway shouting "Who's NEXT". Just in case there was anyone down there to intimidate. There wasn't...
>>
File: 1462404312806.png (628 KB, 417x617) Image search: [Google]
1462404312806.png
628 KB, 417x617
>>47243034
"Sold" a small village on an Agri-world to a Scum gang from a nearby city for about 75 rounds to a gun that my guardsman collected that hasn't been produced for 39,000 years. (All the citizens were sold into slavery by the next month)
>>
Ah, Thorasic Vertebrae. LE mage (playing him as a selfish dick, not actually evil). First mission we're hired by an old man in black robes to retrieve a magic book. On the way back to give him the book and the paladin detects evil before an encounter. Turns out I radiate evil. Bless his soul he decides the book is evil. "Why, yes," I proclaim, "The book IS evil It's bound in human flesh and inked in the blood of the innocent." Thus did I let the LG paladin attack the "evil" mage that hired us.

Later I offered to identify a sword for the paladin. It turned out to be a sword of three wishes. I returned it to the paladin and told him it was a sword of two wishes, which by that time it was.

This paladin continued to help me at every turn and treated me like a trusted friend. Can you betray a friendship that's one sided?
>>
Promised an enemy I captured that I'd let them go if they gave me information I wanted, then let them go. By dropping them over the side of a building.
>>
>>47243034
Shivved a bouncer because he was the guard at a bar I wanted to bring my chainsaw into.
>>
>>47243291
We all won
>>
>>47243214
It's amazing, one episode and Ikra influenced my wet dreams enough to be immediately recognizable all these years later
>>
BALLS
DEEP
>>
>>47243034

Hired a party member to kill my father so I could become king.
>>
>>47243034
Set fire to a man to evacuate the streets, as a very magical cloud that when it rained on someone, turned them evil, was headed towards the village. The villagers wouldn't listen to me, or my eidolon, so I had to. As it turned out, it was some time travel horse shit that was raining evil micro bots, and the BBEG reckt my party, all because yhe DM forgot I had given my eidolon heightened smell, we tracked our way back to him. The level 12 BBEG then proceeded to hand our level 3 asses back to us.
>>
>>47243034
>Agreed to spy on our party for the forgiveness of a debt.

Also, in the same campaign

>Used dancing lights to surreptitiously create demonic signs over the barbarian's head.

And worst of all:
I was a gnome bard.
>>
Sold my friends into slavery to impress an evil lord and infiltrate his court.
Bought them back later and freed them, but I was never fully trusted again.
>>
Lure all but one of the other players into a Red Wedding where they were all massacred.
>>
>>47243034
Backed an "Alexandra the Great" type character who was as brutal as her real world counterpart. We rationalized it by saying that if we acted as her advisors and kept her from being the MOST terrible person, we were doing good. Furthermore she never pinged on "detect evil". So that's why we helped her.
Also, it was my fetish.
>>
Tried to sell my captains soul to a daemon of Tzeentch. Almost managed it too.
>>
>>47243888
I could maybe understand doing that to their characters... but the PLAYERS?
Seriously, though: is there a story to this? I'm curious if it went down okay at the table, or if there were some hard feelings afterward.
>>
Cucked best friend ina threesome with his sister. Later on had to shoot him cause he'd gotten possessed. Felt real bad.
>>
>>47244044
>Alexandra the great
Who?
>>
>>47244184
Sounds like my kind of game. Please elaborate.
>>
>>47244227
Theme stripper at my local gentleman's club.
>>
>>47244227
Alexander the Great, but a grill
>>
>>47243034
I frequently resort to using long range artillery bombardment and gas warfare to solve trivial problems
No I'm not going to stop.
>>
File: IMG_20160513_082206669.jpg (4 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160513_082206669.jpg
4 MB, 2432x4320
>>47243271
According to the book of exalted deeds, your DM was right. And considering the book of exalted deeds is the official splat book on the subject, you are wrong. Even if you did it for the right reasons.
>>
>>47243034
Raped a bard and his sister because demon deals nigga

everyone thought I wasn't committed enough to staying IC to act out rape.I showed them
they stopped dangling those carrots in fjödál Ärdnocts face after that
>>
>>47244410
Then the book of Exalted deeds is stupid.
One person (one morally terrible person) suffers vs everyone dies. Only an idiot would say "Torture is wrong, it's better to let the world end".
>>
>>47244410
I should amend that. It is evil, but you could always atone. However, the BoEDsays not to treat morality as a commodity, so don't do it again.
>>
>>47243034
In Star Wars d20 I played Four armed pistol wielding fringer pilot that the first jedi in the party had hired for transport. Amoung the party, which ended up having 2 jedi, I was the only character that would not of been considered good if we'd been plying DnD.

Over the course of the game, he starts to like the other characters more and more. He even gets a kick out of playing hero with them and at some point he sees them more as his crew than his employers.

At some point, the two Jedi head out on their own while me and the rest of the crew deal with some assassin. They encounter the villain, a sith who thoroughly kicks their asses. After they don't come back, we head out looking for them. We find them alive, but unconscious and about to get loaded onto a ship. We take out the guys loading them and I manage to shoot one in the leg to take him alive and fnd out where they'd been taking them and who did this to them. He refuses to talk, so I shoot him in his other leg. This process continues until a blaster shot in the shoulder kills him.

I tortured a man to death for trying to kidnap my jedi friends and never told them about it in character. OOC we agreed it was some of the best roleplaying I'd done
>>
>>47243034
Beat a pretty young nurse to death with my bare hands while she cried and begged for her life.

>DM: What tipped you off that she was a Demon in disguise?
>Me: She was a Demon in disguise?

Was a weird circumstance...
>>
I masqueraded as a human as a doppelganger for the entire campaign, only the GM was in on it. Then at the end, I was the BBEG.

They didn't see that one coming.
>>
>>47244581
Love it.

How long was the campaign? Also, did you drop hints in their faces to laugh about later?
>>
>>47244118
Everyone was surprised that I managed to get away with it more than anything. If there's hard feelings, I'm not aware. Everyone save one guy's characters were not very nice people by intention (Our party face scalped people on the reg) so it's not like they'll be missed.
>>
>>47244259
So there we were, tropical island full of superhumans. Something of a Xavier Institute but in international waters and about 3,000 of us students rather than a couple dozen. Early parts of the game, where this initial cucking occured, was designed to be Heavy Roleplay, based around assembling our friends and enemies and those who we'd have on our Hero Teams. Best friend had a twin sister, and he was also dating a fairly hot blonde, kind of looked like his sister, tried not to read too much into that. But kind of had a thing for his sister started hitting on her a bit, working towards getting laid. Some time does pass, do the superhero thing for a bit, eventually I hook up with her. Then my buddy has a nasty argument with his old lady. She leaves mad as fuck. So his old lady decides she's going to find someone to get laid, someone of loose morals and flexible integrity. So I gets a phone call from her. Well negotiations and lots of drinking between the three of us and well shit happened.

Skipping along two years later, i'm single, his sister is pissed at me over something or another. Were dealing with some Vampires, buddy got bit and was rapidly turning into a feral monster. Put a gun loaded with silver up the back of his head. Told him I was sorry about sleeping with his girlfriend, he said what and BOOM. Had sympathy/makeup/grief bang sex with his sister three hours later.
>>
Murdered a teenage girl who trusted me for a tracking device.
To be fair, the tracking device works on anyone who lived in the city the game is set in, where all citizens have to have an identifying chip in their neck by law. It's also crazy illegal and costs more than a luxury vehicle.
The girl was also an evil cunt.
>>
>>47244706
Sounds like a pretty rad game you're playing in, man. Was that the climax of it? Or did you guys just roll up a few new characters and keep going?
>>
I told someone I'd kill them last.

I lied.
>>
Sacrificed my entire party in order to make myself a lich so i could live eternally with an elf, because i played a human.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1445672868481.jpg (120 KB, 650x882) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1445672868481.jpg
120 KB, 650x882
>>47243034
> evil dnd game
> I missed out on a few sessions cause wage slave
> Dm does a few private games to get me caught up and add some more elements he can play with to the story later
> group of cultists say they can locate the group I'm tracking
> "All we need is some bystander to use as a sacrifice"
>" does it matter who?"
>" no any random person off the street will do"
> slice his throat open and toss him into the circle

We had a suprising amount of fun situations that went like that including a hilarious story involving the razing of a town and a homicidal Dwarven monk
>>
>>47244613
It went on for a couple of years, mostly because we got busy with IRL stuff and had to take long breaks here and there.

And oh yes. Can't remember any good ones off the top of my head, but they did piece it together that yes, I indeed was a doppelganger the entire time and no this wasn't just a last minute plot twist.
>>
>>47244984
You couldn't use reincarnation?
>>
>Sold once free peoples in to slavery.

>Made faustian deals with devils and demons.

>Prolonged conflict to profit from it, both financially and politically.

>Defiled the dead.
>>
>>47243034

As a magic-y type, I purposefully let an ally die, making it look like an accident, so I could take advanced ranks as a necromancer and make him a flesh golem.

Fortunately, the campaign bombed waaaaay before that came to light.
>>
>>47245077

Ally being my close friends character that I know he spent a good bit of time on....
>>
>>47244834
We ran it in arcs, sometimes we'd revisit parties, sometimes not. This was an arc where we played as allies of the antagonists. It ended up helping all the good guys.
>>
>>47243034
Wrote a song about the Elven Queen involving her... love of horses. Played it on every stage, in every tavern, and for anybody with functional ears. Made the song spread like wildfire until the it was pretty much a meme that the Elven Queen fucked animals.
>>
>>47243034
Neglected to tell a town of gypsies that our Rogue may have been bitten by a werewolf, on the night of the first full moon after he had, in fact, been bitten.
Casualties were high, but they turned out to be the bandits who stole the magic sword we were tasked with finding, so meh.
Of course, that means I'm also at least partly responsible for the creation of a roving pack of Gypsy Werewolf Bandits, but they're in the desert and a long way away from me at the moment, so that not exactly a ME problem.
>>
>>47245022
You. I like you. You're a cunt, but a funny one.
>>
>>47243299
>Chaotic """""Good"""""
>>
>>47243271
>>47244410
"THAT'S EBUL!"
"I know. I do bad things for good reasons."
That's why I'm always CG or some form of neutral. Or even better, NE, with the "evil has loved ones" trope in full gear.
>>
>>47245180
Exactly.

Party didn't want neutrals or evildoers in their lofty ranks. Bunch of After School Special stereotypes. So I did a lot of rationalizing and double-talking my dirty work into "For the Greater Good" type stuff.

Metagaming bitches had a 20 minute piss and moan session the first time I used Slight of Hand to 'enhance' my share of the loot after I found a stash and disarmed the trap on it. So I arranged a hand signal system with the DM to roll it without them seeing from then on.

I used all the stolen loot to buy them class-appropriate gear they were too dumb to realize they needed. My character thought he knew how to equip them better than they did, which he did.

"Greater Good" :-)
>>
>>47245199
>tfw NE mercenary type with a LE waifu

She's constantly being full evil and he was always doing horrible things to cover it up and keep her safe.
>>
>>47245312
What's greater good about shooting a guy in the back and killing him in cold blood for being rude?
>>
>>47245355
Teaching the world some fucking manners.
>>
File: 1459998969939.jpg (53 KB, 511x720) Image search: [Google]
1459998969939.jpg
53 KB, 511x720
>>47245158
That goddamn monk

> attacked by bandits in the night
> we've been seeing a group shadow us for days
> as we fight the monk screams "take one alive!"

shortly after he screamed this he rolled a critical and drove his fist clear through a man's head.

>In a town trying to get dirt on our maguffin we've been tracking.
> bar fight erupts between the orc barbarian and the monk
> others get involved
> guards show up to break up brawl. Get straight up murdered
> a fire starts and quickly gets out of control
> group scatters as they flee
> monk runs about the town until he shakes his guards
> sees a crowd of people watching a building burn
> "what's going on?" He asks completely oblivious
>" some assholes and their crazy dwarf set fire to the tavern"
> guy looks down "holy shit you're a crazy dwarf!"
Guy realizes his mistake and punches the npc In the nuts before fleeing.
Ends up being pursued by the entire angry mob and manages to stay ahead of them cause of his monk bonus to land speed. He ended up bringing the entire crowd to the rest of the group on the edge of town.

Good times
>>
>>47243034
Watched a woman die without bothering to spend a willpower point to first aid her, after I lit up her car with a 9mm shooting at someone else.
>>
File: lol.jpg (82 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
82 KB, 540x720
>>47245372
You're either a very self-aware edgelord or actually insane
>>
>>47245421
Only one way to find out, I suppose.

I'll need a sharp instrument, a bus full of children, and sunglasses.
>>
Allied my galactic empire with a conqueror in order to topple another conqueror.
After the glorious final battle with his troops charging our enemies, my troops delivering air support, and him dueling and killing the enemy leader I gave him and his men a few minutes to celebrate before ordering my men to slaughter them all.
I handily defeated the already bloodied conqueror in single combat and informed him that my people would be taking control of the planets he conquered, would take credit for defeating the enemy, and that he would be forgotten by history.
I then killed him while doing an Ojou laugh.
>>
>>47245312
you seem like a cunt
>>
>>47245447

forget about that "very self-aware" part
>>
>>47243034
I was running a small crime sydicate, and I was in fairly good standings with the other crime lords. One crime lord goes bat shit crazy and attacks three other peoples guild halls leaving only their leaders and immediate retainers alive. I offer them asylum, over dinner I figure out that they're all fundamentally really good people doing the robin hood thing, and then they proceed to die from the poisoned food I had served.

I'm 90% sure I had a reason for doing this at the time, but for the life of me In can't remember what it was.
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 610x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 610x400
>>47243034
As the captain of a privateer ship making a trading run, One dark and foggy night the crew spotted ship approaching us. We doused all the lights in on the ship tried to maneuver around it, thinking that they were pirates. Eventually came to close and I ordered The crew to fire on them. As it turns out they were runaway slaves who had stolen a slave ship. We collected the survivors and eventually sold them back to the slavers. Didn't sit well to well with the party.
>>
Changeling: almost sell out at least 75% of a freehold to the Fae in exchange for them kidnapping a few problematic members of Task Force Valkyrie.
>>
>>47243034
Crawled on my four and nealry licked someones feet for mercy.
Fortunetly a npc came to help me, so I actually didn't have to do it.
>>
>>47243299
Chaotic Anything isn't a license to just act retarded all the time, especially when you say you're 'good'.
>>
>>47243034
Stole God's brain.

I didn't know he was God at the time, but still.
>>
>>47243460
Worth it.
>>
>>47243034
Told the party I'd arrange to have my druid circle collect a dragon egg we'd collected so they didn't feel bad about smashing a live egg, and actually handed it off to the Department of Gnomeland Security to be raised as a living weapon.
>>
>>47245738
Context?
>>
>>47243034
killed an ally then fucked his corpse and used it like puppet, fucking dirty muslim pissed off the wrong white guy
>>
>>47244304
L-London?
>>
>>47243034
>BBEG is a lich who (as we find out after a long campaign) is basically starting a world war between all the major powers
>the situation starts escalating as dead people rise from the graves all over the world
>teleportation and summoning magic stops working
>clerics start to lose high level spells for some reason
>elves decide that human mages are responsible for all that and decide to use ancient weapons of mass destruction that obliterate a few armies
>humans start killing all elven prisoners of war
>we finally find the lich at some ancient ruins
>he tells us that Atropus (the living undead planetoid of spooky doom from Elder Evils) is entering the solar system and is on the collision course with the planet. That's why all the dead people are rising from the graves and other shit happens
>he needs all those deaths to power an ancient orbital defense platform
>immediately side with him and fight the party, defeating them but leaving everyone alive, as clerics can't even cast raise dead now
>send "ur a faget" letters to every major nation, blaming other nations for everything that happens
>millions of people die
>giant space laser fires and grazes Atropus, making it leave the solar system, but destroys almost all vegetation on the planet while powering up
>the atmosphere is fucked up as well
>the party wakes up in a post-apocalyptic world
>everything happened because a single wizard wanted his friends and loved ones to stay alive
DM actually wanted us to take a spaceship ride to Atropus, but he was fine with that conclusion as well. Needless to say, my alignment wasn't TN anymore.
>>
>>47243034
Party jumped on the murder hobo train so I sold our haven out from under them to the local prince and relocated without telling them. They came from from their latest shennanigans to find our haven in the possession of the princes men. A gunfight errupts ending in an armed standoff after which the entire party died in a last stand against the mortal police. Meanwhile I watched it all on tv in my cheap apartment in china town.
>>
File: 1441553998438.jpg (39 KB, 500x590) Image search: [Google]
1441553998438.jpg
39 KB, 500x590
>>47246292
Congrats, you're a huge THAT GUY ,a sociopath, and autistic enough to apply your /pol/ fantasies to real life.
>>
>>47244410
>>47244445
>>47244467
On the other hand, BoED also has Good mindrape, poisons and diseases to use against Evil beings.
>>
>>47246391
Lawful good?
>>
>>47243460
... what gun?
>>
>>47246516
the Desert Eagle
>>
>>47245355
I'll explain a bit more, but wanted to point out that nothing after >>47245312 was actually me.

The killing in question was of a lieutenant of a very bad man, a real piece of shit that needed killing more every day he drew breath.

We needed a lead on his boss and the party wanted to try and talk it out of him despite the fact that my night of stalking him through the city showed that this was unlikely to work. The arrow in question simply put an end to a long session of talking in circles and getting nowhere. I had planned out an encounter in a dark alley to sap him silly and take the info we needed, but the party had put him on guard with their need to solve the problem with talk. Their social ineptitude meant he ended his night out early and thus was not walking home drunk but rather was going to get his boys with only a couple of drinks under his belt.

This was the one and only time that character had killed anyone who wasn't directly attacking him, and it came as a last ditch attempt to salvage a plan that would have ended with him wearing a noose anyway.
>>
>>47246549
I remember you, hope you find an STC to the Juan Deag one day so you can fire your rounds at retards
>>
I played a medieval sex doll golem.
Who would always remove his pants at the start of every fight and use his penis as a two handed mace.
>>
>>47245755
>retarded all the time
Is a broad statement to make without real context. A few memorable snippets of a twice weekly game that lasted years is hardly enough to make that kind of call.

The fact that you'd make that leap makes me wonder what kind of people you've encountered to make you assume you can take the measure of a character you've only seen a few minutes worth of, out of hundreds of hours.
>>
>>47246775
'All the time' is hyperbole, not meant to be taken literally.
>>
Well, I guess it's time I write down the "Howdy Incident."

>All players are Gunslinger Gestalt
>We've been hired, for one reason or another, to rob the first national bank of Not!WildWest
>I'm Snaps, the Goblin Gunslinger Cavalier.
>Four strangers, a Gun Wizard, a Gun... Orc, a Gun Monk, and a Gun... I forget the other guy.
>I roll up into the tavern where we're supposed to meet and go up to the counter.
>Howdy.
>Bartender just keeps wiping his cups and stuff.
>Eventually, enough time in the bar gets us all introduced to each other.
>Each of us has this magic paper that when we put it together, it tells us the plan.
>As we're figuring it out, bartender gets curious and looks over.
>This is where the first ring of hell begins.
>I spin around, pull out my gun and put it right up against his chin.
>"Oh, now you see me?"
>He pleads for his life.
>"Next time someone says 'Howdy', you reciprocate."
>Intimidate check.
>Rock it hard as fuck.
>He yells for help.
>Seconds later we hear lawmen pouring out from nearly every building in town.
>We pack our shit and vamoose.
>I was one of the only ones to make it out of town without getting seen.
>The lawmen saw everyone else's faces.
>Oops.

There's two more parts.
>>
File: 1324692739.gif (4 MB, 581x327) Image search: [Google]
1324692739.gif
4 MB, 581x327
>>47246733
>>
File: images (11).jpg (5 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
5 KB, 306x165
>>47244978
Arnie / 10
>>
In one adventure we played I continuously bullied another character in our group so hard the player started to cry profusely and the GM and I had to have "the talk".
>>
>>47246836
>Orc and Mr.-I-Forgot (let's call him MIF) get into a fight because the Orc is feral.
>Don't ask.
>So me and the Gun Wizard decided to sneak off while Gun Monk tried to keep that shit under control.
>We headed back to town to see if we could round up a new group to push forward with the heist plan.
>Town was still pretty riled up, so we just looked down from a nearby hill.
>I get the crazy idea to go into town and do some recruiting, since the lawmen wouldn't recognize me.
>Gun Wizard says "Sure, I'll back you up."
>"I'll holler if I need you."
>I stroll into town.
>DM says "Where do you look?"
>I end up going into the tavern.
>I went right back into the fucking tavern.
>Stroll through the front door.
>Lawmen are asking the bartender questions.
>Sneak right up to the counter and calmly aim my gun at the bartender.
>"Howdy, fellas." Intimidate check at the bartender. Botch.
>"THAT'S HIM!"
>He falls to his knees and grabs a shotgun from beneath the counter.
>Solo combat starts.
>Manage to end up in a 1-vs-7 combat with lawmen and the bartender.
>they manage to push me into the backroom where all the ale barrels are.
>managed through nimbleness and luck to dodge nearly every shot except for one, and it was a doozy.
>One lawman gets me square in the arm.
>don't like my chances so I pull out a powder keg from under my cloak and drop it on the floor in front of me.
>shout for the Wizard out the backdoor (long since burst open)
>They all shoot at me and damn near take me under.
>Turns out, the wizard actually ditched me to go over to the next town.
>No backup, four enemies left, and about to die.
>kick forward the powder keg.
>It rolls into the middle of all four of them.
>strike a match and chuck it.
>Tavern goes up in flames
>All the lawmen in the tavern are dead from the explosion
>Bartender too
>say "Shoulda said howdy."
>black out in the blaze and die in the fire.

One more part.
>>
>>47246338
Where else would the club be?
>>
>>47245404
Delta?
>>
>>47247006
>during solo combat, Orc and MIF managed to resolve their differences.
>except they totally didn't
>DM decided to let them rewind their entire everything because the session was going to shit.
>Gave Gun Orc the ability to speak and understand Common for free.
>Orc didn't use it, but he didn't have an excuse to start shit anymore.
>As soon as I died, DM saw an opportunity to start the whole session fresh again.
>Gun Wizard was now not!Gun Wizard.
>I was not not!Snaps, called myself Claps.
>And we'd been fast forwarded past the secret plan on magic paper stuff.
>The tavern stayed demolished and all those lawmen stayed killed.
>DM didn't want us anywhere near that place again.
>Party goes in casing mode.
>I go checking out other buildings while I wait for them to figure shit out.
>End up in general store
>Owner thinks I'm a kid
>Gives me a gold coin
>Not even mad
>Party still casing the outside, so I go inside.
>First National Bank of Not!WildWest
>Tell the DM I wanna wander in there like I'm going to open a bank account to deposit my coin.
>Plan is to convince get a random yokel in a conversation so I don't look suspicious just wandering about in the bank.
>Not sure if I nail my bluff check, but the first dude I talk to is a fucking cocksucker.
>"Howdy."
>The dude looks down at me and snuffs me.
>Unlike Snaps, Claps has been trying to work on his anger management.
>"Excuse me, sir. I was just trying to be friendly."
>"Bugger off."
>DM isn't playing it off as a 'stop doing this', so I keep it going.
>"That's no way to greet somebody."
>I forgot what he said next, but it was some sort of goblin racism.
>I couldn't pass it up.
>Instead of pulling out my gun, I started a commotion calling him racist.
>Lawman comes over.
>"Is there a problem here?"
>"Yeah, there's a problem here! This guy's fucking racist!"
>"Not talking to you, troublemaker."
>Now they both done fucked up.
>Party is now accutely aware that shit's about to go down.

This part needs to be split.
>>
>>47246821
Yeah, I get that.

The issue I can't wrap my head around is thus:

wtf happened to playing characters of all types? A few incidents of falling away from pure goodlyness and I'm a cunt and a retard?

As if every character has to be a LG White Knight or he'd a lolrandumb faggot, or a Robin Hood who pulls a scale and a calculator to make sure everything's 100% fairly split or he's Kender-tier garbage.

The character had dickish tenancies, but the plan was to have him arc from a CN loner to a NG hero over the course of the game, swayed by being part of a group of good guys for the first time ever. I got stuck with CG to start, but I still liked the idea of character progress so I just skipped the first CN step. Even cooler was that, while he was being swayed towards certified good guy status, the party was moved by him, to a certain extent, to be more pragmatic and accept that some bad stuff has to happen now and then.

But this was a thread about dishonor, so I picked the worst things he did early on, meaning only to join in the fun.

But no. "OH NOES! HE'S A THAT GUY!" gets dropped any time someone isn't either 100% Good Guy or 100% Bad Guy as if it has to be that black and white in every setting and every character.

Apologies if you're not the same fellow who made the previous post. I'm just a little taken aback by the hostility towards cherrypicked actions of one character in a thread full of absolutely crazy shit, and needed to write a bit.
>>
One of my characters began executing fallen but not dead foes to make aure they weren't a problem on the way back. He did this by bitting out their necks with his own mouth.

I'm not sure if it was the general or the specifics of my action that made the entire party act in horror, but either way it did.
>>
>>47247121
>Party is peering in through the windows and the front door.
>Apparently, the guy I started talking to was the bank owner.
>I was starting a commotion in his bank.
>"Are you going to continue causing trouble or leave the premises?"
>"Only if he says Howdy."
>The bank owner says that he won't.
>The RP has gone on long enough between me and the DM.
>There's no going back for Claps at this point.
>I pull out my pistol and rapid shot both the Bank Owner and the Lawman.
>Every lawman in the town funnels into the bank after me.
>Party crashes in through the windows and fights at the front door.
>Eventually, every lawman in town is dead.
>We manage to get into the basement and steal this giant orb of evil from someone's safety deposit box.
>We carried it in a cloth so we wouldn't get evil stains on us.
>Make our way out the front door where all the townsfolk are with pitchforks and torches.
>Tell them all we were just here to steal the evil orb of evil and how they probably wanted us to leave with it.
>They wanted blood for the lawmen.
>Gun Wizard managed to lead the party away while I was still negotiating with the townsfolk.
>Negotiations broke down and I plopped a powder keg in front of me again.
>"Hey guys, I'll make a distraction, you run for it."
>They were already gone.
>The towns people started towards me.
>Instead of lighting the keg as a cover, I kicked it into the crowd of people and shot it with a flare.
>Everyone in the town was outside the bank.
>Everyone in town was in that explosion.
>Everyone in town failed their reflex and died.
>My party had ditched me.
>They'd taken the evil orb of evil.
>I had no idea where they went.
>So my character just rode off into the sunset.

TL;DR, I killed nearly a whole town by myself because people didn't say "Howdy."
>>
Mostly neutral band of mercenaries in a moment of inspiration decided to leave the gnome necromancer to keep control of our small budding kingdom while they dive into the depths of the earth in search of treasure and mindflayers to bitch slap....Well i got bored. Pan to orphanage where i quietly murder everyone and proceed to turn them in to undead. Then using said children i mind fuck and slaughter nearly everyone in the city (bolstering my ranks when necessary). The survivors that i captured at the end I proceeded to torture day and night to warp their very souls into hideous vengeful wraiths that i used for various attempts at creating powerful treasures. Party returns to a keep where all the furniture has been replaced with my bone sculptures. (The corpses of all the children were buried around the keep with traps that would raise them to kill intruders)
>>
>GIVE WAR A CHANCE'D a member of a rival rogue traders crew during what was supposedly a hostage exchange(they were the hostage)
>in the ensuing firefight, while jacked up on combat drugs, used an unlucky armsman as a meatshield against a frag missile explosion, then did my best eversor impression and went to fucking town on the cogboy that fired it, beat him to death with his own bionic leg
>>
>>47243034
In a burning wheel game, after a heated discussion between my character(elf) and another player(ork) where in the latter admitted to, basically burning raping and pillaging villages previously, I swung at them with all my might and nearly killed them. Realized in retrospect that it was an over-reaction, even given the situation.
>>
>>47243034
Made fun of my opponent's mother in an honorable duel to try and gain the edge over him. It didn't work.
>>
>>47247131
> Group doesn't want to play with evil characters and deal with inter-party conflict characters

> Fuck them I'll just make my character chaotic and use that to justify being a cunt to my friends, because my fun is more important than anyone else's

I would have kicked you or dropped the game at that point. It's pretty much someone forcing in their magical realm.
>>
>>47247204
Well, that shows that being rude doesn't pay.
>>
Game: Everyone is John
Skill: Breaking limbs

Goal 1: Scare people
Goal 2: Hurt people
Goal 3: Kill people

It was the most OP build for anything I've ever played, so much so that I consider the build itself dishonorable.
>>
>>47243034
FOOLISH SAMURAI
>>
>>47247437
> Group doesn't want to play with evil characters
Incorrect. Was evil mentioned at any point? Project much?
>and deal with inter-party conflict characters
How do you define conflict? And how does a group that's played all of one game before know how to define what will be fun with no frame of reference? By the second session they declared it best game ever and started giving said character unwanted party leader status.

> Fuck them I'll just make my character chaotic and use that to justify being a cunt to my friends, because my fun is more important than anyone else's
Go ahead, define alignments for me. Hearing someone who can't get over his shivering fear of someone not being exactly like him do so might be good for a laugh or two.

>I would have kicked you or dropped the game at that point. It's pretty much someone forcing in their magical realm.

Ok, that did make me laugh. Really? Magical Realm? As I said before this is a game that lasted hundreds of hours. On top of that these people all still play together half a decade later.

You'd have missed out on that for nothing but quaking in your sandals that someone might have some badwrongfun if you don't enforce a no fun zone, or run away before there's a chance for characters to grow, you know, like in any story that doesn't suck.

You have the distinct aroma of someone who's never been in an in-person game.
>>
>>47247204
>>47245372
>>
>>47243034
Pretty much that:
Bumped uglies with the BBEG(the DM's self-insert) and then got guilttripped into joining her side, the rest of the party dragged along with it.

It made the campaign more fun.
>>
>Game is about saving the world from a goddess gone mad
>Human paladin, Dwarf fighter, Elf monk and me, Elf mage
>I, as a mage, were to perform a ritual that would bind her to a "soulless" girl so she could be treated
>It all goes according to plan, the final bossfight is the party trying to exhaust her
>the Dwarf fighter holds a grudge against her, want's to kill her when she's vulnerable
>Human paladin stands in his way, says he won't let him do that
>Elven monk fucks off, saying "My work here is done"
>I side with the Dwarf to get me some of that sweet, sweet god essence
>>
File: Crusader Cat.jpg (90 KB, 518x620) Image search: [Google]
Crusader Cat.jpg
90 KB, 518x620
>>47243125
>>
>>47245691
Meh, mistakes happen.
>>
>>47243034
The backstory is pretty much "Committed every sin in The Book and then some." so probably one of those.

If only in-game counts it's either assaulting a noblewoman on parley meeting or faking a revelation / miracle.
>>
In a W40k RPG I once left an entire planet to die after I got the spiritstones I wanted. On my defence, the Governor tried to fuck me over on three separate occasions.
>>
Sold a few hours with one of my female party members for some magical upgrades to my weapons. She was conscious but somewhat incapacitated.
The player left the group so we had a "traumatized" girl who couldn't take care of herself and was a drag on resources.
Kinda feel bad...
>>
>>47245139
>creating dank memes
Pure evil alright
>>
>>47243034

I had an half elf warlock, Chaotic Evil, with Ghaunadaur as a patron. This guy had the typical "full of scum" tavern of the city, where he usually offered free alcohol to all the rogues and the wretches of the place.
Naturally, brawls were usual, and sometimes some poor bastard loses his life. That's when his soul will get absorbed by the eldritch altar in the basement and offered to a Far Realm entity.
Nobody but his sister (anti-paladin of the same god) knew. He was truly an asshole.
>>
Evil army was the capital city. As they bed down for the night I have our mage levitate/teleport us over their camp. Cast a scroll of Storm of Vengeance.
>Shit's vicious
>death count in the 3000 range
>Men, women, children, tents, giants
>>
>>47246947
Was the player a cute girl?
>>
>>47245449
Everything you just said was both brilliant strategy and cold, uncaring war-time baddassery, until
>I then killed him while doing an Ojou laugh.
That... that's just fucked up, man. If that annoying ass laugh were the last thing I ever heard, I would be haunting the fuck out of that person. You should feel ashamed.
>>
I slept with one of the campaign's major villains.

While I was already engaged.

As the party Paladin.

To be fair though, my character was fleeing an arranged marriage, went adventuring to help improve the world and put some distance between him and his family. 10 sessions in, we got ambushed, and I ended up almost dying, having fallen off the bridge we were on.

However, when I awoke, I was in a bed, with my wounds bandaged, and a comely woman was approaching me with food. As I was nursed back to health, we got to talking and really hit it off. I had to leave, but promised I'd meet up with her in the next town.

For the next dozen sessions the two were dating, and the party was oblivious. It was somewhat horrifying when I introduced her to the party and two of them recognized her as the woman who had sacrificed half of their hometown in a ritual.
>>
>>47249672
That sound fuvking awesome
>>
>>47245022
God, I would love to play a game with that group.
>>
>>47245070
You played a drow?
>>
Slept with the queen of the country. She kind of dommed him though. Regardless, it fucked things up for the party.
>>
Started a war to get laid.
>>
File: 1457989045405.jpg (347 KB, 1120x1920) Image search: [Google]
1457989045405.jpg
347 KB, 1120x1920
Played an Antipaladin in party with two paladins.
He was lawful evil in the cartoon sense, stealing candy from babies, switching the letters on tavern signs, taking a single nail from a house's support beam, that kind of evil. The paladins put up with him because he was a kickass fighter and they figured he was just too stupid to commit a real crime.

The local King had three daughters, one of which was destined to stay a virgin for the church, so I slept with the other two and won their hearts over.

Later, the King had a major dissgreement with the party, almost about to exile them. Rather than talk it out, I charged and ran him through, killing him instantly.
The paladins freaked and demanded I turn and draw, but I persuaded them that if we were exiled, war would ravage the country and many innocents would die.
Later while the rest of the party was setting up an emergency goverment and preparing to fight the big bad, I wooed the third daughter and claimed her virginity while sitting on her late father's throne.

>Moral
Even the smallest evil will wreck havoc if paladins remain complacent and overconfident.
>>
>>47243034
What do you consider dishonourable?
>>
>>47243125
It isn't always easy to uphold the pact. I'm proud of you for making a difficult choice.
>>
>>47249769
It was and it wasn't. The rogue and the bard, who were brothers both tried to kill her the second I let my guard down. So it quickly turned into me smacking both of them around as the monk was standing there confused.

It became a major sticking point, since I absolutely did not believe them, as the BBEG had been an absolute angel for as long as I had known her. However, at the end of the campaign, there was so much evidence that she was evil that even I couldn't refute it.

Of course I had already proposed at that point.
>>
>>47243125
Is this one of those 5e "Paladins don't need to be Lawful Good" things? Because murdering a queen isn't particularly lawful.
>>
>>47247624
>Was evil mentioned at any point?
Yes, you fucking retard. Here >>47245312
>Party didn't want neutrals or evildoers in their lofty ranks

>define conflict
I would say stealing part of the loot before it's shared classify as "inner-party conflict"
>>
>>47250071
I really don't understand people who come into these threads telling stories that never happened.
>>
>>47245070
when you say defiled, do you mean mutilated or fucked
>>
>>47249169
To be fair, my character was supposed to be a foppish nobleman, so he did the laugh a lot. When he did it to this guy I kinda switched it to a maniacal laugh half way through. I actually almost got killed by the one guy in our party who was loyal to him, but then I let him have all the conqueror's things and he changed his mind.
>>
>>47243055
underrated post
>>
Opened fire (and by fire I mean the cold plasma of strange stars) on a large nest of bullywug eggs in retaliation for the actions of their parents, destroying the entire genetic lineage of their tribe, then staked the parents' heads outside their cave as a warning.

In my defense, we tried to just rescue the kidnapped kid we came for and leave. But the brood mother kept trying to ax us when we turned our backs, and warlocks of the star gods don't play that.

This was also the campaign where I cast an immobilize spell on a fleeing cart horse, which utterly failed to stop the cart behind it. That one was messy.
>>
>>47250194
It was fun.
You should try antipaladin some time.
>>
File: 1458341687910.jpg (67 KB, 814x311) Image search: [Google]
1458341687910.jpg
67 KB, 814x311
>>47250164
If his code was 'fucking up bitches' then I'd say he was pretty fuckin' lawful.
>>
File: 1462819673463.jpg (30 KB, 491x600) Image search: [Google]
1462819673463.jpg
30 KB, 491x600
>>47246549
Original ammo poster here, it was a Mauser Karabiner 98K.
>>
>>47249924
>She kind of dommed him though.
You speak as if that's a bad thing.
>>
File: 1448216974787.png (29 KB, 963x513) Image search: [Google]
1448216974787.png
29 KB, 963x513
>>47250363
>>
>>47250140
What happened then?
>>
>>47244410
The book of exalted deeds is evil as shit, it has a bunch of fucked up stuff you can do to people that it claims is perfectly 'good'
>>
>>47250397
Well I mean to say that she was most of the reason it happened.
>>
>>47250164
A Paladin isn't Lawful and Good. They're Lawful Good, which is something else entirely.
>>
File: 1450761457617.jpg (46 KB, 554x270) Image search: [Google]
1450761457617.jpg
46 KB, 554x270
Following through on a rape threat, not once, but twice.
> On a mother and questionably aged daughter, respectively.
> While the father watched, helplessly.

Extracting information is not easy.
>>
>>47250600
How awkward was it at the table?

How questionably aged was the daughter?

Why did you not rape the father as well?

Wasn't there a more practical option available than rape?
>>
>>47250458
I confronted her, asking if our entire relationship had been a means to an end. While she admitted that she had initially saved & dated me to use me to remove of a major rival (a downright despicable governor who the party did remove) she then went on to claim that she had fallen in love with me when we began to date. Backing up her claim by saying that if she didn't love me, she could have easily gotten rid of me the second I had completed my task. She swore to renounce her wicked ways, and would gladly live with me for the rest of our lives. I bought it, the rogue and bard didn't. After we defeated our "main" villain they tried to kill her during the wedding, as that was the only time they could getting a public shot at her.

They almost succeeded, but the monk intervened on my side, and warned me in time to stop them. In a short but brutal fight, I killed them both with my ceremonial sword. The campaign ended there, and afterwards the DM revealed that she was evil, and though I went down in history as a good lord, my wife ended up killing two dozen people in a blood ritual, making us effectively immortal. Upon learning the truth years later, I killed myself, but she brought me back. We vanished from historical records, but legend still speaks of a dark knight and a sorceress who live in an abandoned castle, sacrificing anyone foolish enough to enter.

Essentially, I'm pretty sure the DM is gonna bring us back as bossfights in the next campaign.
>>
>>47243034
Had 'consensual' sex with a elf priestess. 'Consensual' because my perfume, which was sold to me by a shady "wizard" NPC ... still feels bad, made a step from good do chaotic neutral, barely are good now... dont know what to do, kinda want to apologize... dont know how ...
>>
>>47243034

It took me far to long to recognize that as Jack and Aku in female form.
>>
>>47245312
>"metagame bitches"
Nigga you fuck with my imaginary loot and I'll shank your cunt ass, I've NEVER come across any game with arrangements excusing stealing party loot 'BEFORE' it fell into their hands
>>
>>47250675
Because magical realm.
>>
>>47250869
Its funny but in canon Jack actually fell for that trick twice, once in the cartoon and once in the comics.

I mean at least the second time Aku actually tried with the disguise, not green skin and a black dress/hair.
>>
>>47250675
Magical realm
>>
>>47243125
>Pinged on Detect Evil, so immediately went to work

Literally why paladins are shit.
>>
File: not-even-trying-to-be-funny.jpg (67 KB, 698x728) Image search: [Google]
not-even-trying-to-be-funny.jpg
67 KB, 698x728
>>47250675
>Why did you not rape the father as well?
>>
>>47250510
a lawful good character respects the laws and authorities of the place, in this case the queen. He could refuse, but not kill her.
>>
>>47250934
Are you not an equal-opportunities rapist? And hell, after he let his wife and daughter be raped it's only just that he himself suffers the same fate.
>>
>>47250953
So if the law of a village that demands for you to eat your closest friend. Would you?
>>
>>47245139
were you a gnome by any chance?
>>
>>47250908
He was right though.

Also in D&D land, if someone pings as evil, they're evil for real. Like world will almost always be a better place if this person is dead.

So it's more why D&D is shit.
>>
>>47251051
Dark Elf
>>
>>47251027
>hurr rape this puppy anon, its the law
>>
>>47251056
D&D really is terrible and no longer deserve the momentum it has built up in the gaming world when so many other options are availible.
>>
>>47251110
Yeah, kinda sucks that it became the "face" of tabletop for new players.
>>
>>47250953
>a lawful good character respects the laws and authorities of the place

By that logic, if a BBEG invaded another country but was repelled, a Paladin could not seek him out and bring him to justice if the BBEG fled back to his own lands and enacted a law stating no-one was allowed to touch, look at, or come within ten feet of him without his express permission.
>>
>>47251093
Doesn't change his point. If she's an obviously evil queen, her kingdom would be better off without her. Regardless of laws against regicide, if she is evil enough to ping on detect evil, it makes her utterly rotten, and though anon didn't give us too much information, you can imagine what an evil ruler can do if left alive. You are a Paladin, not some "law is the only thing that matters" Judge Dredd wannabe. As a Paladin it is your duty to protect the innocent and punish the wicked, regardless of their station. The law is without good if it is ruled by the evil, and thus to uphold the just laws, you must remove the wickedness that will abuse them.
>>
>>47251241
Kinda depends on what she's doing, an 'evil' queen that isn't actually all that evil in practice is better than a power vacuum.

Also just going around and instantly murdering anything you detect as evil is stupid, especially when there are so many ways to subvert or misguide the 'detect evil' ability..
>>
>>47250164
Its not lawful good to obey unjust laws or tyranny, especially if they lead to more serious evil (dungeon and populace torture)
>>
>>47251110
>>47251131
Don't hate the system, hate the DM/GM running the game. I've played in some shitty game systems but had a blast with an awesome GM before.
>>
>>47250908
evilfags mad.
>>
>>47251281
While I agree that instamurder isn't smart, she should still be deposed as soon as possible. And by possible, I mean you have a proper and good replacement, because we all know how those nobles get when a new seat is up for grabs.

Evil rulers rarely do well by their subjects, though I agree examples should be given to clarify the situation.
>>
>>47250742
Top stuff, man.
>>
File: 1449552440392.gif (341 KB, 375x266) Image search: [Google]
1449552440392.gif
341 KB, 375x266
>>47243055
>>
>>47251281
>especially when there are so many ways to subvert or misguide the 'detect evil' ability..

You have to be particularly evil to get an evil alignment though. It's stupid to go around with an evil alignment and not masking it while hiring a fucking paladin or good cleric. (who's really the one who supposed to deal with moral quandry bullshit).
>>
>>47251407
There's ways to make a non-evil ping as evil.
A slash-happy paladin is going to have a bad time in those cases.
>>
>>47243034
Broke a dam and drowned about 20 000 people
>don't play with fireballs in confined spaces kids
>>
Wanted to be queen so to marry the king I killed the queen. Killed their children too so mine would be the inheritors.

It was not very honorable but the lands needed it.
>>
>>47251427
There's ways to dispel that though.
Fact is if you could argue your innocent you wouldn't get the shit smited out of you. Kinda hard to pull off when you have starving subjects and a torture dungeon.
>>
>>47251481
Also on thins campaign I "accidentally" set a debtors prison on fire and killed most of the inmates. After this my party didn't let me cast fire spells
>>
File: sword.jpg (137 KB, 400x1769) Image search: [Google]
sword.jpg
137 KB, 400x1769
>>47243034
Slaughtered a town full of people in cold blood just to get away with a minor crime.

>1st day back on our heavily homebrewed 4e campaign from a stint of our OD&D and AD&D campaign.
>While we wait on last player, joke around that all of our problems in the other two campaigns originate with carousing mishaps and how it's probably a good thing that mechanic doesn't exist in this system.
>Decide, fuck it, let's all get wasted at the tiny little bar in our podunk island outpost
>DM has us all roll Con checks to hold our liquor
>The Druid is the only one who fails
>DM has the player roll for severity of consequences
>Nat 1
>The Druid gets caught accidentally setting the only non-tent structure in the outpost on fire
>Que Murder Hoboing to try and cover it up
>A few rounds later, everyone in the outpost is dead, most of the palisade and tents are burnt down.
>We have two weeks until the ubermagic boat shows back up and rapes us sideways for what we've done
>Three days before the boat arrives, we accidentally unleash a bunch of demons from a local megadungeon.
>With our new scapegoat, everything went over smoothly

This is also the same group that sold Pelor to an Arch Lich, and got ripped off for him too. I only put the carousing incident as more dishonorable because we didn't know the that Pelor was in that crazy magic sword, or that the Emperor is an Arch Lich at that point.
>>
>>47243034
Sold a loli prisoner to a weeaboo player
>>
In an Elric adventure, in the middle of a fight against a large number of Pan Tang guards, decided the best course of action was to quickly snort this white powder some merchant dude had sold us.

Least it wasn't my friend, who chose to search the bodies afterwards, and triggered a wandering monster roll which got us found by Jagreen Lern, the theocrat of the place.
>>
>>47247204
basically the plot of the legend of Pai Mei
>>
>>47251607
why?
>>
Paladin, sworn to kill all aberration. Ran like a bitch when a purple worm one-shot our guide NPC
>>
>>47243034
Just last week, we trapped and attacked the enemy general under pretense of parlay.
I felt like a bastard, but then I reminded myself of how many lives were saved by avoiding a full-scale battle.
>>
>>47251027
no one create laws to apply to one person. It's generic, and normally aplies to who lives there. If it will not cause harm to you and your 'good' aligment, you follow it. If the law is morally questionable you don't follow it but you also don't do anything to change it or rebel against it.
>>
>>47251241
Rotten or not, killing 'the law' makes you chaotic good, not lawful. If you follow your own laws that you make in your head you are chaotic.
>>
>>47251855
Ah, you're the type that thinks you can defeat a Paladin with poorly worded legal papers. But this isn't true. Paladins can be lawful and good, but they are always good before they are lawful. Thus, when the law is not good, they are able to break it, especially if it's a "mad queen" whose policies and laws break every single tenet of the Paladin's code. No Paladin will let themselves be ruled by evil laws, only by just laws can lawful good be realized.
>>
>>47244363
>"Pass the salt would you?"
>"INCOMIIIIING"
>>
>>47251634
I needed his help to bust out a friend from local jail. He didn't accept any of my gear as payment and I was low on coin
>>
>>47251934
let's say that the law simply put great taxes that leaves her people will almost nothing to eat.You can feed that people, but you CANNOT change the law. A lawful good paladin would find a way to help those people without imposing his beliefs.

Anyway, as i said, the paladin is not bound to those rules. He just can't change them. If the law is individually trying to force the paladin to stop helping those people he can tell it to fuck off, because the law can't be imposed to the paladin as much as the paladin cannot impose himself on the law.
>>
>>47252111
Yes, spend a fortune that you may not have in order to feed people who are being oppressed, instead of removing the source of their oppression, and allowing you to do more with your most likely limited funds. Why treat the symptoms when you can cure the disease? If you abide by a corrupt law that causes the people to starve, you absolutely cannot call yourself good, let alone a Paladin.
>>
>>47252111
I was under the impression that the "lawful" in lawful good referred to a strongly held individual code, and not necessarily the laws of whatever country you happen to be in.
>>
>>47252310
>spend a fortune that you may not have in order to feed people who are being oppressed
if you can't help them, you don't. You may kindly ask the queen, but that's all. If you really want to go all the way, you can ask othe kings or anyone that can put some pressure to do something.

Being a paladin has nothing to do with being practical or taking the easier choice, like killing her. It has to do with following rules that aren't self-imposed and respecting other nations rules, even if you think on that particular moment that you're not being 'good' (which doesn't make you evil either)

If you don't, you can't call yourself lawful.
>>
>>47243034
Pushed my companion off a cliff
Shot a necromancer in the face while she was speaking
>>
>>47252440
Regicide and the risks that come with it is not the "easy" choice. Being a coward and allowing innocents to suffer is the easy choice. But a Paladin strives to do as much good as they possibly can for the people who need it, and doing anything less than freeing the people from an evil ruler is not what they're about. Lawful Good means upholding your personal laws and code of honor, and only imposing it on others when it is necessary, like say stopping a queen who is starving her people to death.
>>
>>47252412
>>47252310
from Wiki:

"Lawful characters tell the truth, keep their word, respect authority, honor tradition, and judge those who fall short of their duties"
>>
>>47252522
>Judge those who fall short of their duties

Like a queen who forces her subjects to starve?
>>
>>47252508
making things harder for you doesn't mean the choice wasn't easy; you could easily hire a professional for the job, or use any way that couldn't be traced back to you. It is easy, or at least much easier than the lawful thing to do.

Not having the power to help has nothing to do with being a coward. If you think so, you shouldn't play a lawful good character, but a chaotic good, a guy that just follows his head and his own idea of right and wrong.
>>
Taunted a grieving mother into a fight by implying she was a bad mother for letting her children die...
...when I was the one who had personally executed them in front of her by burning them alive.

It was an evil game, but even as a player I felt ashamed of it afterwards. Very dishonorable...
>>
>>47251533
Why do the so called good gods let people starve, or consign them to a fate worse than death for not worshiping them?
>>
>>47252600
I'd argue you shouldn't play lawful good either, since you're far too caught up in the absolute law, rather than the spirit of the law. I'd argue that your idea of lawful good is actually lawful neutral, caring about the laws before anything else.

But that's why alignment should be subjective, not objective. Ultimately you and your group decides what is lawful good or not.
>>
>>47252549
that queen IS lawful. Lawful evil is a thing.
>>
Current character, in a fit of butthurt, used her gauntlet'd fist to cave in the skull of one of the nuns who raised her.
>>
>>47243034
HEY IS IT TIME FOR GETTING Balls, Deep IN EVIL YET!?
>>
>>47252660
Dude…
>>
>>47252688
...a character can act against his role, or even try to push it. What you cannot is to pretend he is acting perfectly in his role.

a lawful good would feel bad for not being able to help (different from neutral that would just say "fuck it"), or look for the strength elsewhere to help those people as best as he can. In-character perhaps you could even fuck with that queen somehow, but fully understanding that the action you took is not fitting of a paladin, even if you think it was necessary.
>>
>>47252703
That doesn't mean she hasn't fallen short of her duties. Her duty as queen is to be good to her subjects, to treat them fairly and to protect them.
>>
>>47252808
>Her duty as queen is to be good to her subjects
[citation needed]
>>
>>47252806
It's entirely in character for a Paladin to bring the wicked to justice, no matter their standing. They represent the laws of good, a code of justice that transcends all else. The mockery of law peddled by a mad queen is not the law in the eyes of any Paladin.
>>
>>47251314
Do we really need to have another argument over why having a good GM doesn't negate the bad qualities of a system because a good GM could make a game where you're literally eating piles of shit fun, and a bad GM could turn the most well designed system in the world into the most boring least inspired game you've ever played?

I mean, I know /tg/ loves beating horses to death, but once we've beaten them to dust can't we just let them lie for awhile?
>>
I let another PC kill a child of an insane mage because i couldn't be bothered with the consequences of leaving the child alive with a chance of probable trouble in the future.
>>
>>47252847
I don't know what world you're from, but a monarch's duty is to protect their people, and treat them well. Just because many rulers violate this charge does not mean it is still not their duty as king/queen.
>>
>>47243034
Started working as a pinup girl for the soviets.
>>
>>47252674
I imagine in most cases their clerics are probably tasked on pilgrimages and other good deeds to feed/help sustain starving people.

Gods would probably need to establish a kind of balance between relying on them for everything as well though. Creating food is a 3rd level spell, Statisically speaking there probably isn't enough Clerics to effectively end world hunger and also thrawrt evil cultist/necromancers/undead/eviloutsiders/fightadiseaseoutbreak/etc.

In my own experience the latter wouldn't happen unless you've had a GM that didn't understand how a good-aligned god or deity worked.
>>
Started a game working unknowingly for the villain. I wound up killing the protege of another party member, used that same pc's legitimate business as a front to smuggle illegal magical artifacts and stolen wealth back to my organization, and used the classic go off alone and get 'mugged' to give at least one macguffin to the villain.

Finally found out and my character started turning it around, but the party didn't survive the revelation of his treachery by the villains.
>>
Killed an orphanage's worth of orphans because it would be better than letting the resident devil worshipers to get to them and start rituals.

Let a mentally retarded character be burned alive by cultists because of a petty vengeance i had for him and his "friends" who were manipulating him.

Let another PC be horribly raped, tortured and otherwise mistreated right before the finish of the campaign because it would've been too much trouble to deal with it otherwise.

Took the throne of an insane demi-god king because somebody had to, otherwise the world would be destroyed, and started a nationwide genocide of dwarfs who though it was their destiny to hold that throne, possibly killing all but other dwarfs once they got it.

Led an eldritch horror into a normal family's home in hopes it would chase them rather than us. It did.

Burned several rebels alive after they surrendered to make sure they got the message. They didn't, so we had to do the same thing with their youngest children. We were a vindictive bunch of hypocrites.

Deceived and persuaded several people around me, resulting in an execution of an innocent bystander who they though was me, horrible death of another bystander i publicly shamed to get back at another NPC.

Murdered innocent locals who turned out to be friendly because we didn't want them to know where we were camping.

Pick your poison.
>>
File: 1438875249088.gif (651 KB, 243x200) Image search: [Google]
1438875249088.gif
651 KB, 243x200
>>47243055
>>
>>47243034
When an NPC adventure party drew the attention of a red dragon and led him to the village we were staying in, we let the dragon eat them and burn most of the village while we hid in the church.

Then there was the time we helped our drunken dwarf barbarian become king of the dwarves just so we could get into a meeting of all the world leaders and assassinate one really influential councilor to steal the Book of the Dammed, which she was carrying. Then we destroyed it by summoning an angel and begging him to eat it. According to our knowledge, it was the only possible way, but we felt bad because it killed the angel and damned him to the abyss.

We made up an epilogue for each PC. The dwarf king announced he would repay the previous occupation of the dwarven kingdom by human knights by imposing a state-sponsored persecution of all non-dwarves in his territory.

Also our wizard stole a gun (a new invention in the setting) from some smugglers. He reverse engineered it, claimed the credit for its invention, then went on to become the first mass producer of guns in his epilogue.

We saved the world but maybe made it worse. My NG bard did little to stop any of it as he was desperate to have friends. In the end, he was killed by a stray fireball from the wizard during the final battle. Sometimes heroes aren't always heroes.
>>
File: GODS!.png (9 KB, 1840x91) Image search: [Google]
GODS!.png
9 KB, 1840x91
>>47252674
Because of pic related.
>>
>>47251621
>Pai Mei

Holy shit. I didn't notice the parallels.
>>
>>47252930
How did that happen?
>>
>>47253237
Believe it or not, that's fairly likely to happen even if you're a dude.
>>
>>47252921
>a monarch's duty is to protect their people, and treat them well
"because i say so"
>>
>>47243034
Got a snake sorceress addicted to morphine, on purpose. Then the party killed her mother and left her as a vegetable in 1950s South Africa on the lawn of her burning mansion. After we had cropdusted the place with Zyklon B or Sarin, or something on the way in. My character was ex-SS.
>>
>>47252921
He's either hopelessly obtuse or just a contrarian.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1442866040385.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1442866040385.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
>>47243034
I once burned down a cancer ward while trying to escape lone star security in shadowrun
>>
File: hideaki.jpg (66 KB, 450x332) Image search: [Google]
hideaki.jpg
66 KB, 450x332
>>47243034
I told a group of prisoners I'd see them to safety. Out of a group of eight, only one went home. The only fault of mine in the incident was that I gave them my word.
The cut it left was deep. The scar will never heal.
>>
>>47253328
If you do not believe that everyone ideally should do the best for everyone as befits their station, be they a farmer, merchant, soldier, or monarch, you are not lawful good.
>>
>>47243034
Neutral Good Cavalier.
I attacked a surrendering enemy because I didn't believe he was actually surrendering. I feel 100% justified in my actions, based on the fight we had just concluded.

it started with a roadblock, where a fence line had been built across the road. Manning the fence were two scarecrows. Not monsters, just stuffed dummies in armor. concealed off to the side of the fence were two ballistae, with ropes connecting them and going off into the woods.
I cut the rope, the ballistae exploded. Yes. Like the spell fireball. 10d6 damage to my 6th level cavalier.
So, what followed was a combat chase scene that involved
>20 ft deep pits across the road
>Corpses hanging from the trees
>Invisible walls.
>An antagonist who moved 40' in fullplate and still attacked.
and finally, I ran him down, on foot, and he, after having done everything in his power to piss me off, he drops his sword and surrenders.
Before I had even gotten one hit in.
Oh, I was so fucking mad. I just ignored his surrender and attacked, and rolled a 2.
then the GM had him just pick up his sword and hit me.
And then he surrendered again.
I should have known my dice were prepared to betray me, because they stopped rolling above 7.
And i kept attacking, missing, getting whacked, and having him surrender until I was in single digit HP, at which point the other players just told me to stop.
So very, very mad.
>>
>>47243034
Misinterpreted orders to "put the hostages down".
>>
>>47243055
hoho im laffin
>>
>>47243034
I killed an entire planet off in a Star wars campaign and forgot to tell the others. They went to the planet and ended up spreading some weird horrible disease that had the dead act like zombies that slowly grew in its brain power.

I came back 3 sessions later when work finally gave me off and found out 3 sectors were burning and I was at fault for spreading the disease. I wasn't even trying to be an asshole for once, nobody believed me.
>>
File: stealth.png (282 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
stealth.png
282 KB, 500x323
>>47251572
Nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice
>>
File: HISV.png (200 KB, 283x334) Image search: [Google]
HISV.png
200 KB, 283x334
>>47250258
Why not both?
>>
>>47243125
>pinged on detect evil
wew lad
>>
I'm currently lying to our entire party about being a Fae pact Warlock. When I was dead, I completely sold my soul to gain more powers to help my team get the campaign mcguffins and do my devil master's true binding: place an evil god on the pantheon we've been helping empower. During the course of this, I've gotten the party rogue to make a pact with an arcanaloth, trapped our team monk in the plane of fire, and am letting the team fighter/pseudo pally to fall in love with me so I can have him swear loyalty to my lord.

I think I might honestly make our pally cry when I reveal that I was just using her characters emotions to get what I want.
>>
>>47243034
No, but as the DM, I had the wizard's arch-nemesis completely destroy him emotionally by revealing that he had gotten completely rused and his entire revenge plot was planned for from the get-go. This guy basically got the Worst End I have ever given to a character- because he decided to trust a deal he cut with a Chaotic Evil goddess.
This guy was Wizards: No Sense of Right and Wrong: the character, though, so I only feel kinda guilty, and only because the look on the player's face (he was acting, but still) when I played it out was heart-shattering.
>>
After an epic battle with the BBEG, in which the Joan of Arc-esq paladin granted mercy to him after we basically used our goddess-empowered justice ray to strip him of his powers and blast the evil from his soul.... I pulled my pistol and blew the back of his head off after he tearfully an honestly was made pure and good.

Because just because he was no longer evil, doesn't mean I can forgive him for killing my children.

The party was PISSED.
>>
>>47250403
Kek
>>
This one time in a prison we was being held in because we was viewed as enemies but really we was ally to them. Me being a dwarf at the time wanted out and one of guys was able to get free. battle ensue and eventually I cast righteous might, at that point we was half way though the prisonm fighting guards and trying to get free. The DM put archers in a attempt to stop us so I being the smart dwarf I am, I am shoulder first into the wall of archers and proceed to sit on one them unceremoniously crushing him with my dick.
>>
>tfw total faggot
>tfw never have done anything dishonorable as a player in 8 odd years of roleplaying

I guess my dad raised me right.
>>
File: a man needs a name.gif (942 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
a man needs a name.gif
942 KB, 245x245
I threw a grieving widow down a well.

She tried to stab me after I had her husband executed.

I had a reputation to uphold.
>>
File: 1444143776095.gif (4 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
1444143776095.gif
4 MB, 298x224
>>47243055
>>
>>47243034
Questionably immoral.

Horror/zombie game on a cruise ship(for the time being). Passengers were grouped on deck into a holy circle the Paladin made to keep zombies out., and I, the edgy assassin, was left to guard them while the rest of the party was investigating something.

Someone inside the circle starts becoming a zombie. So I do what I do best. I grab him by his hair and drag him out, dangle him off the deck, slit his throat, then drop him overboard.

After a fight that I left to help with, we came back to some passengers missing, and the remaining ones said what I did.

I was able to rationalize it well. I don't have the means or magic to cure someone becoming undead, and if I didn't do something then, he might start infecting the rest. Plus I killed him before dropping him so he could at least not have to suffer becoming a zombie. The Paladin turned up the power on the circle, killing a few more people inside who were beginning to zombify.

Not that it helped, since it turned out the ship itself was possessed by some kind of undead and we weren't strong enough to deal with something like that yet, so we ditched the ship where it docked and anchored itself until we could do something about it.
>>
>>47243125
>Detect evil picks her up
>She wants to send you on a quest to take back food from STARVING PEOPLE
>Doing terrible things in her dungeons

Yeah, even without the detect evil gag I'd say that's enough to warrant a "kill her before she gets really nasty" reaction.
>>
>>47250289
>he did the laugh a lot
THAT'S EVEN WORSE, YOU MONSTER

Sorry, the Ojou laugh triggers the burning rage of a thousand suns in me.
>>
Let a perfectly innocent man take the rap for blowing up a foreign embassy and abducting the ambassador.

>"I was just the middleman!"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.