[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In your setting, what does it generally take to be called the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1208761375516.jpg (555 KB, 836x1200) Image search: [Google]
1208761375516.jpg
555 KB, 836x1200
In your setting, what does it generally take to be called the "world's most dangerous man/woman"? Who, if anyone, currently holds that title?
>>
be the most dangerous

duh
>>
>>47242474
It requires you to have scars that move to different places over time.

Not getting new ones. Just the ones you have moving.
>>
>>47242474

My settings don't have x-ray specs or dragonball-tier dick waving. The (unknowingly) most dangerous man in my current world feels sorry for your parents, though.
>>
Created a character that had ass-loads of magical resistances and was pretty badass regarding physical combat. It was a him v/ party scenario where I had noticed the party's spellcasters being super light on spells that bypass resistance. I put clues in, had rumors going around about his 'immunity to magic', and even let them have a run against his forces a few times. Didn't get the memo, kept using the same tactics, and didn't gang him well. If they'd actually worked with eachother instead of trying to pussy out in different directions he would have been beaten because by the end of it they got him really beat up.
>>
>>47242474
My setting is just modern africa with a Fantasy Coat of paint.

So it's Evil Ogre Wizard Idi Amin living in exile in Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>47242474
We talking personal strength of arms here or strength through ability to command others? For example a general in command of an entire army, or a religious figurehead, capable of inciting a rebellion, is undeniably more dangerous than any single swordsman/woman could ever hope to be.
>>
>>47242474
Generally to git gud in my pet setting you'd have to be born into a noble house (or otherwise seriously ingratiate yourself) in order to get access to their blood magic rituals which transfer strength from parent to child when they come of age. The older the house, the longer the ritual has been going, the more powerful any given member of that family is since its essentially stacking the older generations into the newer ones. People of sufficiently long lineage can defeat entire armies on their own and war is more a matter of carefully placing your supermen than anything else.
>>
>>47242474
The main things you can do to be considered massively dangerous are, first, commanding an army with great competence, second, attain martial arts skills of legendary proportions, or three, attain a true mastery of the art of sorcery. The first is probably the strictly most dangerous, since the second set are still basically stuck with the limits of being just one guy and the third set still have to deal with working lengthy rituals in prepared spaces.
>>
File: MD Geist.png (188 KB, 1024x700) Image search: [Google]
MD Geist.png
188 KB, 1024x700
Can anyone possibly be more dangerous than this guy?
>>
>>47246077
What does he do?
>>
>>47242474
the most dangerous character in my world is a pacifist but would turn to violence if pushed, he is powerful like his god but restricts himself to keep to his faith in his god.
>>
File: bateman-oooo.gif (2 MB, 381x434) Image search: [Google]
bateman-oooo.gif
2 MB, 381x434
The "most dangerous man" is more or less a myth propagated by a former adventuring party. The man in question is really just a very weak underhanded dickhole who always made it seem like he was powerful. Pic slightly related.
>>
>>47246126
He has the title of Most Dangerous.
>>
>>47242474
The world's most dangerous man has to be both powerful, aggressive, unpredictable, and too crazy to be reasoned with. So basically Kim Jong Un
>>
>>47242474
My pet setting is fantasy with a pretty major theme of personal effort and knowledge allowing ever increasing accumulation of personal power.
So being really old is a big help.
Most people assume that one of the "Tyrants" is the worlds most dangerous person. Each of them a witch-king or queen that rules a small Dominion, Kingdom, or other state through a force of arms that consists primarily of themselves in their own person.
Dominar Tyrranos Yod is the most famous, given that he found a small chunk of land he liked in the middle of one of the world's most powerful empires and made it his own. The empire actually shattered itself trying to kick him out and pissing him off (in truth, if all of the high tier super powered wizards and warriors that worked for the empire had worked together instead of dicking with each and the rulership for power, they probably could've beaten him, instead they either deserted or set themselves up for defeat in detail).

Yod isn't actually the most powerful or dangerous humanoid in the world. Actually, Domnfhall the necromancer is even a more powerful Tyrant.

But it makes the point that even a baseline for consideration is enough personal power to lay low nations and change the face of world politics.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.