[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmachine/Hordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: Agathea04.png (548 KB, 520x672) Image search: [Google]
Agathea04.png
548 KB, 520x672
Dead waifu edition.
http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-13-2016-0

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
https://www.forwardkommander.com
http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
what factions do you play, not just own but actually play?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10138678
>>
File: BoLSTeaserNewEd.jpg (230 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
BoLSTeaserNewEd.jpg
230 KB, 800x800
Bell of Lost Souls teaser for those who haven't seen it. Not sure if it's a beast or an old weird trolllkin.
>>
What do the different arguses do?

Why is the Gorax in the new battlebox?

What faction does medium based infantry best?
>>
>>47242785

The answers to all your questions are going to change in less than a month.
>>
>>47242594
I'm guessing weird old trollkin.
>>
Anyone have the new Wild Adventure IKRPG supplement?
>>
Why is the thread so dead?

Is everyone else out actually playing on a Friday night? How dare they not be salty in the general.
>>
File: 20160513_170014.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160513_170014.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Well Brennos is ready for shelf duity. Unbased for now since one of my friends makes senic resin bases
>>
>>47244292
You put shit in your shelf upside down?
>>
>>47244408

Probably held his phone the wrong way and didn't bother rotating the picture before posting.
>>
>>47244292
suɐilɐɹʇsnɐ uɯɐppoƃ
>>
>>47244286
Too busy posting my Skorne on ebay.
>>
>>47244408
>>47244436
>>47244527
Yeap. Well, I mean after years of posting properly, you think I'd know how to hold my phone by now.
>>
>>47244292
Man you do realise we are not australians, amright?
>>47244572
Lolwhy. You havent seen whats gonna change in faction yet.
>>
>>47242594

Seconding the old trollkin. Looks to smart to be a derpy troll beast.
>>
>>47244730
>Lolwhy. You havent seen whats gonna change in faction yet.
skorne is dead i tell you dead!
>>
Based on spoilers so far who does everyone think will be the most powerful castor in mk3 for their faction/why.

I'll go first
>Convergence:
>Syntherion
Because even with the nerf to synergy, new induction with heavy vector spam looks amazing
>>
>>47245292
Lucant still looks really good.

Mother looks a lot better as well, honestly, with the buff to gunlines.

Axis and Aurora are the ones to wonder about.
>>
>>47244868

Not dead, but necrotic in bits. The nerf bat was swung and it hit a bit more than it was aimed at. They meant to kill Fist deader than dead and I think they overdid it. (medium base boxes, cataphract defense, and faction anti-range toolkit- all three at once to address the one problem of a table full of cataphracts at the end of turn three, which was deemed to be an important problem).

It's that last one (ranged defense tech); the thing is there is no point being immoderate in anti-range defense techs. If they can get you at all, they skew hard and table you. If they can't get you you barely lose a model- there's no middle ground in my experience (experience being running skorne infantry spam with minimal techs to maximize bodies, and skorne infantry spam with as much ranged defense tech as can fit, and all points in between).

There is just no middle ground- they either kill everybody at range or kill practically nobody at range. The graph is damn near a vertical line separating ~0% and 100%)

They can force us to be moderate in ranged defense but nothing I've seen so far suggests they're doing anything to keep ranged attack spam off the table. The opposite, in fact.
>>
High pow boostable ranged attacks are going to be far more prevalent just with the power up and ROF changes, those two rules alone mean you'll be seeing people field a stronger ranged game. And anti-ranged tech has been drastically cut. Better hope terrain changes make up for it.

They're changing the way terrain works in a core, fundamental way. They got rid of camouflage because they said pathfinder is serving the same purpose now, so clearly terrain is handled differently and they're holding back on telling us because, funzies I guess? They want to spoil rules and then go "Look at you peasants fighting over rules, why only we truly know the full picture! How dare you complain?" because of core rule changes that are extremely relevant to put any of the changes into context. Look at how skorne did a complete 180 on the ferox after the back strike rule was mentioned in an off-hand forum post.
>>
>>47245409
Krea wasn't about killing Fist or Skorne anti infantry tech.

ALL common def/armor buffs have been hit, across the factions.
>>
>>47245489
Well, I imagine krea wasn't about killing Fist, yeah. Fist can't take Kreas. Fist can only take heavy beasts.
>>
>>47245497
That's kinda the funny thing about a lot of the way people complain, too.

You get all this gnashing of teeth like "look at how strong fist was in mk2! Cetrati were 16/24 vs shooting with a krea and d-ward!"

And it just goes to show that those are people who never played against fist, because they can't take a krea. It's just stupid. They're people with 0 game experience telling me how my faction is broken.
>>
>>47245457
If Sevvy1 keeps Eye unchanged, you can take three of the new Redeemers on him and two on Tristan, fully fuel them and upkeep Sevvys spells, aim and put out 15 pow 15's boosted to hit or damage at rat 4, if they don't lose Inaccurate. Rat 6 if the target gets hit by a Reckoner. Or just boost your pow 9 blast damage for days. Ranged attacks are getting way more powerful in this edition.
>>
>>47245409

>There is just no middle ground- they either kill everybody at range or kill practically nobody at range. The graph is damn near a vertical line separating ~0% and 100%)

As a regular Sloan player that's nonsense. The difference between 'Has some ranged defense', 'has ALL the ranged defense' and 'Has nothing' is kinda huge.

Man, I am looking forward to her buffs. Her and my Hunters are very happy this edition so far.
>>
>>47245353
I like Axis but I'm really not sure what will be happening to him. +1 Arm, 1" reach, feat cancels charges and Iron Aggression got reduced to 2 cost. So he can cycle IA easily now while keeping Furious Charge or whatever upkept and still have enough juice to cast one of his other spells.

It's a buff for sure, but we have 0 clue what the new meta is going to be like. Axis only boosts damage for one turn and has 0 defense tech. Maybe in MKIII he'll only need a Conservator or two to remain viable but that doesn't solve his big MKII issue: his tier was viable DESPITE him, not because of him. Pretty much the opposite of Syntherion.

As for Aurora, well. She's a speedy "assassin" with no recursion or hitting power in a game all about recursion and hitting power. What she really needs is a Scenario that will make her mobility worthwhile IMO.
>>
>>47246043
Axis was meant to be the scenario caster of Convergence if you look at his spell list. Lot of ways to move shit around.

Honestly, I think each of the warcasters were designed with a specific sort of technical field in mind.

Axis is physics, which is why he has all the movement shit in his kit.

Syntherion is an Engineer for obvious reasons.

Mother is a pure mathematician, with her feat being purely about numbers and having the most access to straight up damage effects no matter what.

Lucant is meant to be a mechanic, with his defensive kit and support for more grindy situations.

Aurora plays into some misunderstood idea of Chaos Theory junk, with her obvious break from the rest of the faction, her unpredictable angles of approach, and her crazy feat(that's only going to get crazier if it stays as is, think about flying half your army across the enemy lines with flight and refuge).
>>
File: Imperial Fists driller.jpg (108 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Fists driller.jpg
108 KB, 736x552
The last of the daily buff prayers.

Not just for you, Driller-sama, but for all Rhulic heavies, now and forever.
>>
Hey, for someone who hasn't been following these very closely (work) has there been spoilers for PoM? Anything significant to note?
>>
File: WARMACHINE_SKETCH_by_garang76.jpg (305 KB, 1280x805) Image search: [Google]
WARMACHINE_SKETCH_by_garang76.jpg
305 KB, 1280x805
>>47244286
Because Soles is terrible at Previews.

We got so much of it, but have so little to talk about because nothing he's written means anything or just creates depression.

I already feel annoyed at Troll insider and Convergence one, I really fucking hope he doesn't write the Khador one. It truly is amazing how fast a hype can die down because of a single man.
>>
>>47246339
The only thing we've really seen is that Medium base infantry went to 5 wounds and choir buff went to just +2 damage.
>>
File: 1463160730350.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1463160730350.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>47246110
I feel like the people excited for Aerogenesis forget that it's not Ghostly. If you try to fly over a wall of infantry, you're gonna get stabbed.

Too bad no levitating Warjacks. Hell, I'm trying to figure out how exactly this spell works from a fluff perspective. Does she just chuck her infantry at people with magic? I really don't imagine any of the heavy infantry being graceful fliers.
>>
>>47246417
If her feat still gives refuge, then you ignore frees trikes during the movement.
>>
>>47246417
Remember that at it's core, Warmahordes is a D&D setting. She could just be casting a mass version of fly.
>>
>>47246417
>Hell, I'm trying to figure out how exactly this spell works from a fluff perspective.

she breaks out the redbull
>>
>>47246401
So not the major insider yet. Yeah, I saw about choir and boxes, but without seeing what else happens that's not much to go on. With this being the "rise of the jacks" edition, I need to know what buffs I'm doling out.
>>
>>47246425
>>
>>47246461
In general, most factions have been losing both easy damage buffs and easy defensive buffs. Rumors go that Def Ward is getting changed, while we've already seen several buffs become more limited or simply removed from the game.
>>
>>47245833

You misinterpreted; how much defense doesn't signify other than "is the defense you have saturated".
>>
>>47246486
Yea, I'm loving the idea of her just scattering her entire army into the enemy, just fucking with them hardcore.

Like, Eradicators murder their front line and then just fly into their back line, forcing them to turn around if they want to get anything done.
>>
>>47245353

I agree completely, and I really want aurora to be good in mk3 because I love her and the clockwork angels aesthetically. I just feel like she isn't playable now because she is designed to be an "assasin" caster but just doesn't do enough damage. If there was an easier way to move the angels into the enemy caster to get the flanking bonus I think she would be viable, but right now it's just too easy to play against her.
>>
>>47246511
I think she's losing her assassination, honestly. The new Refuge reading is end of activation, so unless her feat goes unique in terms of what it does, she won't be able to fly over and then kill them like before.

At the same time, if she loses Transference and gains a real spell, she might have some insane speed concepts in her kit, especially given the new terrain rules and the fact that Pathfinder might be going more limited.
>>
>>47246509
Eradicators aren't murdering anything with pow 12
>>
>>47246533
I think the devs said there's no more real changes for CoC beyond Lucant's retooling.
>>
>>47246546
They're good enough to kill most jamming infantry, especially high DEF stuff.

Boosted POW12s kills ARM21 infantry after all, and they only need one kill to trigger the Refuge movement.
>>
>>47246558
No, they're just said that they changed the least. No word on what that exactly means.

Transference is just a bad spell on her though. It's slightly better in Mk3 with the change to camp, but there's still the fact that with 2 upkeeps and Aero, she's only going to have 2 focus left on any given turn.
>>
>>47246533
True, she could just become a mobility castor that plays around objectives well. And even with refuge most vectors dont really have the speed to make good use out of it, so her feat will be heavily reliant on how good angels/erradicators are. But besides that, does the faction really need 2 objective casters? Axis basically does the same thing, unless they are changing him entirely to be some attrition caster.
>>
>>47246560
You only need to hit to trigger refuge. Kill doesn't matter that's sprint.
>>
>>47246595
Aurora's less about pure scenario game and more about being able to alpha twice, I think. Her change is most certainly going to be about that whole thing as well, she's going to be able to use her feat to position her army in the worst spots for the other army to deal with. She can jam shooting lists out, she can back up or get into weird angles against melee lists, she's fast enough to put the breaks on scenario casters.

Her one major issue, being pillowfisted, seems to be getting mitigated by the fact that armor seems to generally be going down.
>>
File: Malachus, the Burning Truth.jpg (1 MB, 888x2560) Image search: [Google]
Malachus, the Burning Truth.jpg
1 MB, 888x2560
>>
File: 1446661409945.png (27 KB, 211x250) Image search: [Google]
1446661409945.png
27 KB, 211x250
>>47245457
>all this talk of MK3 = RANGED EDITION
>I've bought nothing but melee Ret models
Surely if I throw enough swordsmen at a gunline one or two of them will make it into charge range
>>
Personally Im waiting for info on Irusk as his feats might have just gotten flat out silly in the new edition though I think he might be getting some serious tweaks as well.
>>
>>47247039
cheel, they buffed sentinels, infiltrators, and halberds + chimera + gorgon got made cheaper, so Thyron is a happy melee chappy.
>>
Do we have spoilers for the new casters yet?

Is it wrong to pose a Circle warlock on all fours and an argus with a clear erection behind her?
>>
>>47248897
In the next NQ. Not sure when, probably soon.
>>
>>47248788
It seems like all their warjacks are getting a point reduction in general. The Manticore must be either fifteen or fourteen points (which works out as less than before) and Discordia, which was 10pts (the equivalent of 20 in mkiii) is seventeen or eighteen now.

So you can expect him to be able to run larger battlegroups of much more efficient warjacks. I can imagine him running Imperatus + Moros as standard now.
>>
>>47248936
May 25th is next NQ, unless digital gets leaked a couple days early.
>>
It's worth noting too that Assail, combined with Power Up and three Arcanists, is now extremely good at making 'jacks efficient.

Thyron's generally only going to have two spells upkept at once. Onslaught is sort of a corner case in most situations. Storm Rager on himself/Skeryth and Assail on a nice 'jack gives him a good amount of focus left over to pump a healthy battlegroup up with.

I can see a lot of people playing him really 'jack heavy in mkiii. Assuming he's one of the frontline casters getting an ARM boost, keeping Storm Rager on him should keep him pretty safe (and turn him into a murder cyclone) while he boosts his 'jacks.
>>
>>47244868
>skorne is bread i tell you bread!
>>
>>47247039
That's just the internet claiming nonsense based on the spoilers so far. The designers have always hated gunlines because they allow players to just sit 12" apart from each other and just shoot without much maneuvering. I'm sure it won't be such a big deal.
>>
>>47249218
It looks more like blasts have got a buff which was supposed to counter infantry spam in the first place.

You're going to see more AOE jacks and beasts dropping templates on smaller clumps of infantry. Units immune to AOEs will be much more playable since blasts will no longer be hitting 2-3 models but 3-4 on average.
>>
>>47249218
I dont think its nonsense with the addition of premeasuring and the devs coming out and saying 'its the year of the gun mage'
>>
>>47245526
I think it's a "in theory" vs. "in practice" issue.

People hear about how or watch a battle report with someone getting stomped into the ground by Fist and then take a second to compare the Skorne models and animi to the ones they use or have faced in other brick lists. Since something like 90% of all tier lists have "all non-character warbeasts" they don't think (or it doesn't register) to actually see what animi are on light beasts.
>>
>>47250232
Premeasuring does nothing to help gunlines, that's a myth. You can just as easily use it to sit .1" outside their gun range and laugh at them, and with gun ranges short enough that any given SPD6 Reach dude can run to engage your longest-range non-artillery gun, and scenarios forcing you to hold real estate in the center or lose, they'll never dominate the game.
>>
>>47250266
That's not true.

If I have 15" range and you have 14" range, I can pre-measure to be exactly at that 15" line. That means you can always be at the perfect distance to avoid a counter attack.

The better argument is that Warmachine already HAD pre measuring for any player worth a damn. Control areas and command rangers gave you excuses to measure distances which were 95% of the time what you needed to measure any way. It just skips the middle man and lets you measure shit directly now.
>>
>>47249218

If they've always hated gunlines, why on earth is Sloan a thing?

I mean, 'Gunline' is her theme.
>>
>>47250503
Because it's one 'caster.

PP have never tried to stop gunlines from ever being a thing. They've just tried to discourage them from always being a thing.
>>
>>47250427
That's operating under the assumption that gun range is a hard no-go zone that kills you if you enter, which it isn't unless your list sucks. RAT6 POW10 popguns can get perfect range all they want, they aren't killing everything coming at them.

>>47250503
Her thing is combined-arms warjacks, not gunline.

A "gunline" in this context is a strategy where you just stand there, fire guns, and remove the opponent's entire army from the table. By the nature of the game this doesn't work, because certain things will always be incredibly resistant to shooting, and if you don't hold space in the center of the table you lose on scenario.
>>
>>47250816
It doesn't have to be a no go zone to make you ineffective. If I kill half your unit it's not going to fuck up my stuff in any way near the same way as a full unit will. Even if you reach my gunline with 2-3 models I will have a solo or light jack kill them and proceed to dismantle another unit.

It's not about an area being a no go zone, it's above trading resources and if I don't get to take yours while you get to take mine then I will lose.
>>
>>47250900
That's nice talk, but the realities of the game make that strategy ineffective. None of that is looking to change, unless they're bumping standard gun POW up 2 points in Mk3 and are just being really secretive about it.
>>
>>47250900
Half a unit of melee troops can absolutely fuck up a ranged unit.

And sure, you can un-jam it if you've got enough stuff, but you probably won't because there will be other units or warjacks/beasts getting ready to fuck your juicy boipussy. That's why gunlines didn't work in Mk2, melee units closed the distance too fast, you couldn't take enough guns to kill enough things and still unjam yourself.
>>
>>47250816
All the gun line has to do is kill the 3 models on the frontline everyturn. Most guns out range the typical infantry charge at 10"
>>
>>47251099
Thats what running is for, you would rather take some pow 7s than pow 12s.
>>
>>47251099

Every faction has 1, if not 2 or 3 decent infantry that can run for 10", and the only infantry that can run for 10" is 4" speed non-reach infantry with no kind of speed buff- which is ridiculously rare... does it even exist?
>>
>>47251367
Meme 'o wars?
>>
>>47251636

They all have reach except for Bombardiers who have range 10 aoe3 guns themselves.
>>
>>47248995
It's gonna be nice seeing the Cryx players' reactions to Agathia.

>she used a teleport in the story so she must have Teleport!
>>
>>47251367
As a memenoth player Holy Zealots come to mine, hym, feat, run
>TrollFace.Jpg
>>
>>47252232
I'm not really looking forward to her at all, I just want to know what terminus, gaspies 2 &3, Denny3 and scaverous do
>>
>>47252422
>>47252232
>>47248995

I just want more info on Abusedchild McBurnschools.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 458x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 458x458
Seether
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 660x601) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 660x601
Inflictor
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 520x785) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 520x785
Bane Witch Agathia
>>
Does anyone have any clue when the Menoth Insider will be? I'm getting anxious over here in the dark.
>>
>>47246169
The driller doesn't have to get better, the earthbreaker just has to get worse.
>>
Does anyone have any tips for a new player. I have experience with war hammer (40k and fantasy) and was wondering what the major differences are between warmahordes and war hammer as well as the mainplaystyles of each army.
>>
>>47242226
none...
>>
>>47248897
it is
>>
>>47252973
Correction, thor needs to be worse. Tune up is the real monster here.
>>
>>47253105
Wait a month and we will tell you
>>
>>47253105
The rules are much cleaner here than in 40k, that's the first thing that you'll probably realize.

Each player has a full uninterrupted turn, and each unit/model activates individually to do all of it's movement and combat uninterrupted.

Tips for play are on shaky ground for the moment (new edition launches in about 1 month) but in general resource management and positioning are key, screening your warnoun is super important, and getting charged will bust your beast/jack.

Warmachine is about resource management and learning where and how to spend focus.

Hordes is about risk management and learning where to place beasts and solos to manage that risk (generally seen as more viable/easier).

Do you have any specific questions?
>>
So is there any word on what tier lists are going to look like? I ask because fool that I am I have the full trencher wad, defender, etc. for Bad Seeds and really would prefer to be able to play it in the future...
>>
>>47253282
All we know now is that Tier Lists wont be so much tied to individual casters and will make more use of Keywords to determine what is and is not allowed.

Also it seems that FA increases through tier will be much rarer or completely gone.

That said trenchers are supposed to be getting good again.
>>
>>47253323
Yeah. My case I'm more worried that Magnus isn't going to be able to hire out-of-faction stuff anymore and I'll have a pile of models I can't use.
As a merc player in general it'll be interesting (ha) to see how the new tier stuff shakes out, seeing as mercs generally do more stuff with theirs.
>>
>>47253282
>So is there any word on what tier lists are going to look like?

Theme lists will now work more like Merc Contracts. They'll be based more around types of models (like trenchers, or storm blades, etc.) and won't be tied to any single caster.
>>
>>47248897
why would you not just use the new gorax
>>
>>47253323
>trenchers are supposed to be getting good again.
HYPE
>>
>>47253449
They've already spoiled their rules.
http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-04-20-2016
>>
>>47253366
Magnus is almost certainly picking up the ability to work for Cyngar, based on upcoming fluff.
>>
>>47252874
Does anyone know what the new uncontrollable rage does?
>>
>>47253521

Oh? What happened in fluff?
>>
>>47253641
Vinter happened. We're not sure what exactly or how and how it'll end. We know that there will be changes on the throne of Cygnar.
>>
>>47253641
Vinter comes back, makes a bid for the throne.

Magnus is trying to get Vinter's son on the throne.

Current assumption is that Vinter will fail, but kill Leo in the process, so Vinter's kid ends up the default, which gets Magnus back into Cyngar.
>>
File: TrencherInfantry.png (2 MB, 1500x1050) Image search: [Google]
TrencherInfantry.png
2 MB, 1500x1050
>>47253519
Why they don't combine the samples into one picture I'll never understand.
>>
>>47253669
>>47253687

God fucking dammit Vinter.
>>
So orders are gone now right?
>>
>>47253781
Not as far as we know.
>>
>>47253837
But we haven't seen a single card with order.
>>
Is the morale mechanic still completely irrelevant?
>>
>>47253933
And?

We also haven't seen a single card that had orders with them removed.
>>
>>47253933
So?
>>
>>47253945
It's been removed completely. No Terror or Abom, no massive casualties, no fleeing.

CMD now exists solely for the purposes of defining formation (which is now "completely within" not "within").
>>
>>47253948
Burrowers?
>>
>>47254006
Burrowers got changed because of the changes to Burrow.

It's not like they lost assault and that's it, they also lost point blank and essentially changed their entire role.
>>
>>47253781
>>47253933
mountain king's ranged attack says "cannot recieve orders"

be a little silly without any orders now wouldn't it
>>
>>47253521
That would be nice. Maybe between all my Highborn and Bad Seeds stuff I should just take the plunge. But magnus with gun mages, mmmmmm.
>>
The lack of Khador spoilers is killing me. I bet our insider is second to last.
>>
>>47254526
Wonder if you will get an arc node.
>>
Insider order poem posted by PPS on Wednesday.

I find it best to look to the stars rather than the coins in your pockets for the answers you seek. Though beware thoughts of future dull your perception of the present, else you be devoured by that which lurks beneath the murky water beneath your feet.

Cyriss was Thursday, next up looks to be Mercs. Any further speculation?
>>
>>47254766
If they stick to it, it's Khador, Circle, Minions.
>>
>>47254815
I can see the references to both circle and minions (devoured, lurks beneath murky water) but where does Khador come in?
>>
>>47254681
What is Scrapjack?
>>
I doubt we will get an arc node any time soon outside of Scrapjack and Zerkova2. Which is fine I suppose as long as we get something else to make up for it. I very rarely ever feel like having one would be good. Then again, I've played with arc nodes maybe 3 times ever? I could just be really well adjusted to not having them.
>>
>>47254881
The Empress is an incredibly ambitious person, by and all, thus Khador's major offenses.

However, they've described Khador as being in a period of recovery and consolidation.
>>
Unrelated to the mk3 talk, does anyone have some input as to how I should close out this list? About to play my first 50 point game.

Forward Kommander Sorscha (*6pts)
* Beast-09 (11pts)
* Juggernaut (7pts)
* Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker (2pts)
Alexia Ciannor & the Risen (Alexia and 9 Risen Grunts) (5pts)
* Koldun Kapitan Valachev (2pts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt (4pts)
Widowmakers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (4pts)
Winter Guard Infantry (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Winter Guard Infantry Officer & Standard (2pts)
* 3 Winter Guard Infantry Rocketeers (3pts)
Kovnik Andrei Malakov (3pts)
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich (2pts)
Widowmaker Marksman (2pts)

47/50 atm, should I shuffle something around to include harlan, a drakhun, or eliminators, or should I upgrade Malakov's Juggernaut?
>>
>>47254681
We could potentially now. The biggest factor holding us back was sorscha, but with so many things being able to shake and deal with her, I don't think it's that much of a problem anymore.
>>
>>47242594

He looks awesome no matter what he is.
>>
>>47255394
Give him Ruin.
>>
>>47255394
Upgrade juggs to grolar, acquire reinholt
>>
File: seether_concept.jpg (73 KB, 700x527) Image search: [Google]
seether_concept.jpg
73 KB, 700x527
>>47252874

I hope someone poses him like his old artwork. Running on his hands like a monkey.

Also hoping the Seether is different now. I would like if he was more unique than just being, basically, a Slayer with a free focus.
>>
What an uninspired Khador list. Lmao. That's like the hamburger helper of Khador list design.
>>
>>47255447
>>47255444

Thanks for the advice, I actually thought reinholdt was an attachment until now, and couldnt be taken alongside dogs and whatnot. I don't have one but will pick one up.

Grolars on the to-buy list, but I've got a decimator and a spriggan painted and good to go, I'll consider them.

>>47255589
Sorry you don't like the models I own.
>>
>>47255414

I would love if Khador got some sort of non-battlegroup arc node.

Like, say, the Legion Spell Martyr or the Circle Trees. I keep thinking, maybe a Doomreaver with arcane shit strapped to his chest. He can barrel forward and explode as spells channel through him for, like, 1 point. That way Khador can still have strong spells and the ability to use them.

I also think, now that Spellslave is way less powerful, it would be cool if it was around more. If Koldun Lords got Spellslave and increased UA, it would be sweet on casters with Boundless Charge or other Non-Upkeep buffs and random useful spells that Khador seems to have a lot of but is never able to cast because of lack of focus.

Cmon PP, you know Khador loves you.
>>
>>47255652

Its not a big deal. Just don't be surprised if people roll their eyes at what is basically the most cookie cutter mk2 Khador list. It looks like netdecking 101.

Not like you should change it if that's what you like. Its just a big part of why I'm glad to see mk3 come around. Hopefully in the new edition there will be more variance. I wouldn't expect that list to do nearly as well in about a month, since most of that list is about to get needed pretty hard.
>>
>>47255719
Nerfed *
>>
>>47255555
Seethers have counter-charge and berserk but need to take command checks or charge the closest model.
>>
>>47255357
Well good at least khador isn't on the offense all the time and What was once llaese needs to be brought in line and stabilized before long.
>>
>>47255719

It probably won't change what I bring too much, most of my collection is from the all in one box, but I've picked up some odds and ends I like. Most of my games are against friends.

I'll keep an eye on the changes, I'm pretty excited but not in tune with their impact on the game as a whole.
>>
>>47255555
That was my plan convert one to look like that. I hope its super awsome I love its new sculpt
>>
>>47255775

Interesting. I wonder how many abilities will say "during X activation/action."

I wonder if you will be able to Beserk during a counter charge. I hope they change Drag Below so that Barathrum can do the "Counter Charge/Drag Below/Dig In" action that everyone thought he should be able to do anyway.
>>
>>47256242
I dont think you can preform actions like dig in out of activation
>>
>>47256461

Drag Below allows you to move and Dig In after you kill a model with an attack.

Currently it only works "In Activation" but Barathrum can Counter Charge as well. So currently her can counter charge but can't use Drag Below if he kills a model with that charge.

I am hoping they let it work out of activation in MK3 so he can have the ability to counter charge and yoyo back into Dig In like a lot of people thought he should be able to.
>>
>>47255799
Well, I expect she will have around 30 wj so you will likely have some extra pts in your list. Most of the stuff should remain generally the same but I expect iron flesh spell will be different. Joe will probably be nerfed a bit as well. A+H might get changed to be less appealing. Overall the list should remain good and useful but not as much of a default as it was previously.
>>
>>47256949
Ah, I see. Yeah, that would be nice if he could zip zap around
>>
>>47255414
I doubt we'll get an arc node. I mean, they've stated repeatedly they're trying to get back to the core concepts of various factions, and one of Khador's design concepts has always been "no lights, no arc nodes."
>>
>>47257579
Except for that one character light arc node.
>>
>>47257579
>they're trying to get back to the core concepts of various factions
Why the fuck are my troll buffs so restricted then?
>>
>tfw when can't be fucked putting my Cetrati together so I'll just proxy with Incendiarii for now
>>
>>47257881
>Except for that one character light arc node.

Well, yeah, because it's for ONE CHARACTER, not the entire faction.
>>
>>47257915
The Troll buffs are pretty much exactly the same. They didn't change the krielstone at all.
>>
>>47258100
They lost both Rage and the elemental buffs for their infantry.
>>
>>47258100
>Janissa changed
>EBDT animus gone
>Elemental fists gone
>Rage restricted to beasts
>exactly the same

riiiiiiiight
>>
>>47258255
Well Rage isn't just a troll buff. And they're restricting pretty much everyone's animi to self or warbeast, it seems.
>>
>>47258295
>Janissa isn't a buff and arguably buffs your ranged stuff more now
>EBDT has a great scenario animus and it's definitely awesome on the warlock
>Nobody is getting damage animi that work on non-warbeasts
>Krielstone unchanged

Yeah pretty much
>>
>>47258365
I want to stab your eyes so badly right now
>>
>>47258410
That won't help you see that you're wrong.
>>
>>47258410
Doesn't stop me from being correct. This new edition is toning down everything to a more reasonable level. Everybody is still going to have good things but you're not going to be able to crank certain things up to 11 anymore. Playstyles will have to change. You'll have to relearn what is good now.
>>
>>47243449
Have a physical Copy.
>>
>>47255775
so theyre basically pointless with vinny
>>
>>47258481
>>47258490
how are everything mentioned "pretty much the exactly the same"

Fucking read or pull out your eyes.
>>
>>47255775
Source?
>>
>>47258938
Yeah, thats kind of a bummero, dude
>>
>>47259029
The krielstone is unchanged. That's the Troll buff. Everything else is not unique
>>
>>47261184
What the fuck does being unique matter? What in the fucking hell are you even talking about?
>>
>>47261278
You said the troll buff was restricted. It hasn't changed at all
>>
File: Listen to the dog.jpg (16 KB, 251x250) Image search: [Google]
Listen to the dog.jpg
16 KB, 251x250
>>47261319
Holy fuck, you can't put rage on infantry, all the fist animi are self only now. When your option lessens, it's the very goddamn definition of being restricted.

Again, what the fuck does being unique feature into the conversation? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>47261364
It's restricted for everyone, though. Trolls weren't the only one with buff animi. Now they're self or target warbeast for everybody, and trolls still have a giant aura of +2 arm +1 str no continuous effects. Plus you still have fell callers.
>>
>>47261414
>>47261364
>>47261319
>>47261278
>>47259029
>>47258490
Trolls can still buff their beasts and infantry all to hell. It's a new edition. Everything is getting rebalanced. Get over it and wait for the whole picture.

>ITT: Trolls trolling trolls about trolls trolling
>>
File: PICT_20150228_025830.jpg (559 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
PICT_20150228_025830.jpg
559 KB, 1440x1080
So the next Insider is going to be Mercs. What do you want to see? I want to hear about Ashlynn and the improvements to Merc jacks.
>>
What faction is best at running jacks/runs the most jacks? I want to get into the game and I get that it's subject to change because of Mk3 but is there any news of if that's going to change all that much or if the game is just going to have more jacks in general?
>>
>>47261626
Convergence is looking to hold that title still, though in Mk2 every faction had a jack caster who could do a lot of jacks.

Mk3 will hopefully make those casters better/more reliable, so it's possible every faction will be able to do the all jack junk.

But yea, at base, Convergence generally does all jack armies the best, though it's not the only thing they do.
>>
>>47261529

>Renegade no longer Magnus specific
>Cephalyx are less restrictive to use so they aren't confined as an awkward mini-faction
>pMagnus gets a better replacement for Arcantrix Bolt
>Steelhead become viable
>Fiona can make any one unit her cultists instead of Sea Dogs
>>
>>47261414
That doesn't change the fact that trolls are being restricted in their buffs. Can you not read? Can you stop adding words to what I'm saying? Jesus fucking Christ, it's worse than talking to a wall, at least a wall doesn't just make up what I'm saying.
>>
>>47261626
It's hard to have a clear picture yet for Mk3. In Mk2 the best factions for running jacks were Protectorate and Convergence. Convergence will largely remain the same in Mk3 but with a better, unlimited induction mechanic, but we haven't had the Protectorate insider yet so all we know is the choir lost the +2 to hit in the battle hymn, the Templar picked up Shield Guard, and the Redeemer kept ROF 3 with the new rules stating that ROF is the initial attacks that you get. Everyone but convergence is also getting the Power Up mechanic, which is jacks starting the control phase in the control range automatically get a focus, so it's easier to run jacks for everybody.
>>
>>47261736
So's everyone. Skorne lost their range game overnight.
>>
>>47261732
Actually, I found Steelheads were quite viable against everything but Cryx. Damiano ran them very well.
>>
>>47261693
>>47261783
Alright, I guess I'll just keep my ear to the ground. Really glad to hear about that Power Up mechanic though, gives me hope for running heavy on the jacks.
>>
>>47261835
Protectorate is sure to still run a bunch of jacks, they just can't hit quite as effortlessly as before. But with Power Up, I see more casters being able to handle larger battlegroups than before. We'll have to see how the factions turn out as far as support goes, since that's probably the most important part of running jacks
>>
>>47261736
Oi moron. You will lose some abilities in some areas and gain them in others. Because you can no longer use warbeast spells on units, you will get other ways to buff units. This means better animi and better unit buffs because they no longer have to worry about Buff + animi = broken as fuck. A lot of units seem to be gaining their UA's ability as a base ability on the unit and gaining something else.

>>47261890
The problem with more jacks is you're already getting 3-4 as a base for your list. You're not going to have the focus to make those jacks really shine if you have more than that. Your 1 free focus will be nice to let your jacks perform charges or run, but you're still going to need to cast spells and have some protection up. with a lot of upkeep spells becoming just normal spells I suspect focus is going to be even more limited than before. Dedicated Jack casters might want to run 5-6 jacks, but no one else will.
>>
>>47261988
Well with the costs we've seen you only get 3-4 if you stick to the barebones cheap heavies, or lights. Templars and such run you 15+, so you'll only get two or so out of the Jack points. That's probably what Khador wants to run anyway, but protectorate could very well run 2-3 more depending on how hard vassals and their other support gets hit. I was hoping for more battlegroup buff spells but from the looks of the spoiled casters I don't have much hope remaining
>>
>>47262079
If you rely on support to make your jacks work people are just going to pick them off then tar pit your now useless Jacks.

I think we're just going to see the same thing MK2 did. "Here, these are free, go nuts" and then the top tier infantry do everything else. Dedicated jack casters will be able to run up to 5 jacks solo and maybe 7 with support. Other wise business as usual but instead of 1 free heavy we get 2 and a light.
>>
>>47261732
>>Steelhead become viable
>Implying Steelheads are not viable.

If anything is killing Steelheads it's that you need to crack armor so badly. Toward the start of MK2 Steelhead spam was pretty great.

Even without that Halbs have been a fantastic cheap unit for screening and Steelhead Cav is like the 3rd or 4th best Cav in MK2. Riflemen are where things get lackluster.

>>47261988
>The problem with more jacks is you're already getting 3-4 as a base for your list. You're not going to have the focus to make those jacks really shine if you have more than that.

I think the results will be surprising. There's some weird skews that can happen as a result of quantity in games. I think as soon as you can start sending jacks at the opponent in waves it starts getting problematic.

>>47261529
I'm definitely curious about Ashlynn. She's supposed to be a frontliner but I can't see her getting reach or an arm buff.
>>
>>47262114
Well I can't say for sure about Mk3, but I played some Protectorate in Mk2 and didn't really have a problem screening and protecting my Choir and Vassals. Especially with the Vanquishers, they were usually the stars of my lists and being ranged was even easier to protect the support.
>>
>>47262149
Ashlynn was always ahead of the Def/Arm curve and the new overboosting rules just helps her out. She might also pick up 1" reach. If she gets a groundwork or no knockdown ability or spell she'll be much better.
>>
File: syntherion-art.jpg (222 KB, 1000x526) Image search: [Google]
syntherion-art.jpg
222 KB, 1000x526
>>47262114
>His jack casters only run 7 jacks

Fucking plebs up in this bitch.
>>
>>47262432
Well with the change to Synergy I'm betting you'll see Syntherion lists running a few lights and more heavies. All Synergy casters, really.
>>
>>47262937
Syntherion never did the light spam thing, not very well at least. Galvanizers just don't have the kind of stats to do it.

He always ran heavies, he gets the most bang for his buck out of them.
>>
>>47262961
Not Galvanizers. Well, usually one from the tier. All the lists I saw had Corollary, one or two beacon lights, and one or two knockdown lights. They contribute on feat turn via weapons platform or pushes, and help out with charge ranges and knockdowns. Mostly heavies tho. Pushes are gone now, I wonder how that's going to affect him and Brad.
>>
>>47263084
Two Diffusers is usually one too many, and two Mitigators are two too many.

Most non-Colossal lists using him were usually about the gunline followed by the melee fight, which is why the Synergy nerf affects him the least.
>>
>>47262937

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Amon.

If he stays the same but becomes harder to kill, it will be awesome. Especially with all jacks having 1" reach and stuff like Crusaders being cheaper.

Considering Templars are supposed to have shield guard, maybe he can just run a shit load of them.
>>
Im interested in hearing just what they're gonna do to the haleys honestly as it seems like they sorta were crimping mk2 Cygnar in the room to grow department.
>>
>>47252737
Me too. I don't even play PoM and I want to know more about him.

I didn't realize when they said "based on Kingpin" they meant the new DD TV series version where he's basically a huge manchild. I just thought he was gonna be a big guy with lots of jellyrolls translating into high ARM.
>>
File: MountainKing_Back.png (922 KB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
MountainKing_Back.png
922 KB, 750x1050
>>47261364
>Holy fuck, you can't put rage on infantry, all the fist animi are self only now
Actually Rage is warbeast only now, it still has RNG 6.
>>
>>47265448
Maybe it's because I'm more into the DD comics than the TV series (which was still very good), but I don't see him like Kingpin at all. Where's the entitlement and the greed? He even lacks the self-righteousness as he gives all glory to Menoth and at our first glance is more than willing to cease with the burninating in the face of true conversion.

Bitch should not have lied about getting the children to safety; he snaps when he realizes that she was trying to save herself at their expense. The Morrowan pendent was just the piece to give him pause to ask the question.

Really the only Kingpin -like aspect to me is that he seems to be a well-composed man who has a low boiling point and gets too brutal too quickly. But hey, he spared the kids!
>>
How do you play as Retribution in the vidya? I wouldn't mind researching some poses and shit for putting together the 3 jacks I just stripped.
>>
>>47263205
Yeah, I'm thinking of running him with 8 crusaders, support, and two sunbursts (with another drop for weapon master spam). With power up and cheap crusaders, if he keeps synergy and mobility he's going to be fun.
>>
>>47266656
Synergy was already spoiled and is taking a hit.
>>
>>47266656
Synergy maxes out at +3 but still can be fun/
>>
>>47265772
It's clearly based 100% on TV Kingpin, where he's pretending to have a higher purpose, but really his motivation is that he likes feeling powerful and likes hurting people, because as a child he was powerless.

It seems pretty evident that the woman was trying to get him to stop and lied because she thought she was gonna find the kids and kill them.
>>
>>47265515
THAT'S WHAT I SAID! FUCKING ILLITERATES ALL OF YOU
>>
is there a pdf of wrath of the dragonfather out?
>>
Based on the information you have regarding mk3. Which will be the "best" starter box?
PP has already confirmed they didn't even try to balance the starter box, but instead tried to focus on new players getting a price-worthy starter with contents that gave you a chance to try out as many aspects of the game as possible (spells/animus, ranged and close combat).

I'm leaning to say Khador got this one, as those heavy Jacks sure looks intimidating knowing all the buffs that Jacks in general has received. Also knowing, busting that ARM value with what you get in the other boxes will be hard.
But thats just my two cents, hell, Cygnar might be filled with Disruption shit for all we know, and thus fucking over just about any other Warmachine starter by default.

I'm interested as a me and a few friends will start of with the new starters to game in the new mk3. I'm personally thinking of getting the Skorne one (yea yea I know... they got the shaft in the insider), because I love the models and the fluff. I also really like the look of the new Warlock, while the box setup is still kind of meh when comparing to many other starters.
>>
>>47267779
No they definitely tried balancing these boxes out it looks like.

That said I have a feeling that the PoM is going to be the strongest.
>>
>>47266777
If it's truly just because he enjoys hurting people then why did "his heart leap" and his next complete thought was "Glory to the creator of man and the revelation of his holy flame!"

This is not a man who gets off on hurting people the way TV Kingpin did, this is a man who truly wants people to see the glory of Menoth; even if his methods (which are the methods of the Protectorate, I'll remind) are by our standards cruel.
>>
Just came into possession of some skorne

All in One box, so makeda 2 and molik etc.
Cetrati plastics
Giant attack Turtle
Sentinel bug
Titan Sentry
swordsmen UA
Tyrant Commander
Cyclops Brute and Raider
Zaal2
Hexxy1
that pain warlock that I forget
willbreaker
soulseer solo chick
and titan parts to turn the new starter box's gladiator into a canoneer

other then the new starter is there anything i should really get next?
>>
>>47267903

Both yes and no. At first they stated they had play tested these boxes with the best of them. But later clarified when answering a post regarding a specific box that "No we simply wanted to give new players a chance to experience the whole of the game". This of course was from a Skorne player, so Id imagine they didn't put to much time in to that box particularly (I just couldn't resist).
But the question was about having a seemingly out of place ranged light beast in the box, and to why he was there. What purpose was he to fill in this particular box. And the answer was, there was no role to fill, they wanted to give the new player a chance to try out a ranged unit, and thats it.

So the boxes aint built to be "good" but I imagine they all share the same dumb setup, and in doing so also share the same dumb setup-mode, thus making them a bit more "fair" next to one another. But no box is made to be a good box competitively, which makes you wonder why they tried to play test them to begin with.
>>
>>47267779
The boxes appear to be roughly balanced and are all 0 point armies.

>Skorne...got the shaft in the insider
Not any more than any other Hordes faction so far, and they've definitely not been hit as hard as Legion.
>>
>>47267929
A deck of new cards. Other than that it's hard to say, we don't know rules yet.
>>
>>47261529
>So the next Insider is going to be Mercs. What do you want to see? I want to hear about Ashlynn and the improvements to Merc jacks.

Is this confirmed for tomorow?

I really want to keep gun mages, they were my reason for picking up Highborn in the first place. What I am afraid of is that they'll delete them from mercs or only allow them in a shit theme force (Highborn, "Viva la Resistance", whaever).

Next, more usable warjacks. Fuck colosals, I always hated them and never bought one.

Last make renegades usable for all warcasters.
>>
>>47266777

I really don't see how people are interpreting it that the Morrowan teacher is trying to distract him to save the children. She begs him to save HER because SHE wants to convert, she tried to save herself first and foremost while leaving children in the burning school. It doesn't justify what Malekus is doing at all but the woman is certainly no martyr.
>>
>>47267983
>legion
>hit hard
lol
the only nerf legion got was that the shepherd isn't retardedly good anymore, it's just good.
>can't see through forest
Slap on the wrist, literally nothing
>ravagore got buffed
lol
>>
>>47267982
They would have play tested them to make sure that no one box shuts down or hard-counters another box.

There are different levels of "not competitive." Just because something isn't Haley-tier doesn't make it Skorne-sans-Molik.
>>
>>47267983

I think the problem most Skorne players had was the fact that, in difference to a team like Legion (who was playing with the big boys), Skorne was rated as one of the worst teams out there.
So when the smoke settled after insider Cryx and Legion, everyone thought "yay, time for some buffs!", and then the bat swung once more.
And to be frank, compare the Trollbloods insider to that of Skorne, and you can clearly see a good review compared to a seemingly bad one. Hell I'm not even a Skorne player, but even I felt for those guys.
>>
>>47268057

Agreed, they needed some form of checkup I guess. But the point of my post was more that they bragged about play testing with some of the worlds elite players, and then goes on about "oh no, its not meant to be a tourney box, we just put stuff in there randomly".

Anyways, to the main question, what box do you think will be the "best" if there is such?
>>
>>47268026
The schoolhouse wasn't on fire, that's his memories. She was trying to convert to keep him from finding the children.

And Morrowans are more than capable of self sacrifice as well. Indeed, this wouldn't be the first time in the fluff that a Morrowan promised to convert to save those under their care, something Morrow would honor them for.
>>
>>47268080
I'm holding out for a video of someone melting a Skorne army.
>>
>>47268080
Yea, it's been talked about.

Soles articles are pretty terrible, while Shick's have been far better.
>>
>>47268055
>nerf legion got was that the shepherd isn't retardedly good anymore, it's just good
And the eyeless sight nerf which is actually huge (but completely justified).
And the Carnivean chassis losing a point of speed.
And the Scythean trading his armor cracking ability for even more anti-infantry. (Because legion needed more anti-infantry, right?)
And Hex Hunters losing stealth for prowl.
And Legionnaires losing a point of Def.
And Belphagore losing one or two of his immunities.
And Abby2 losing Teleport.
And Thaggs losing the ability to revive AAs and BBs on feat turn.
And the faction losing Tenacity.

The list goes on. You don't hear about them much because Legion players aren't fucking crybabies.

Also the sheer bulk of spoilers we got (good and bad) has our heads spinning.
>>
>>47268195
>And the Scythean trading his armor cracking ability for even more anti-infantry. (Because legion needed more anti-infantry, right?)

You know it's effectively at nearly the same armor cracking with the new bite attack, right?

Maybe 1 less POW overall.
>>
>>47268195
>Legion players aren't fucking crybabies.

I think you actually have a point here. Because, as much as I feel for the bad review of Skorne, those guys NEVER shut up. Its like they want to get hated on. Last insider of CoC, some idiot raided the thread making it in to yet another discussion of HI, until the developers left as the guy wouldn't listen. He then continued his rant on the Skorne page, repeating every answer he had got, and how wrong they where.
This is just one example after the Skorne insider I have stumbled upon. Sure, we heard a few "wow... spd5 beasts, really?" from the Legion, but they weren't even close to this way of behaving.
>>
>>47266685
>>47266705

Yeah, but when you're starting with a spammable mat 7 PS 18 platform (before choir), synergy above +3 is pretty much overkill.

Mk2 synergy with power up would be insane. Cheap crusaders with Amon and power up could be fun.
>>
>>47268360
The difference being is that Skorne have been the whipping boys since the start of Mk2, so they've got a hell of a lot more to bitch about.

I mean, when your faction has been shit on for years and years, and then they start talking about how the new edition is going to make everything better.

And then the FIRST thing they talk about is how they're nerfing the faction and limiting all it's options, yea, people are going to get pissed.

Skorne has been hit super hard in every effective tactic they can possibly use, and the Insider nor the spoilers have yet to provide them with any new tactics to make up for it. It's easy to see why Skorne players might be a little pissed.
>>
>>47268139
I dunno. The legion one was pretty bad.
>>
>>47268436
But his discussion on the forums did a ton to mitigate it.

And even then, the article goes into the thing letting you know something had to give with Legion, he's very upfront about it.

Compare that to Soles's article on Skorne.

>Skorne are all about hard hitting melee models
>So now I'm going to nerf their hard hitting melee models
>And their range game
>And their utility
>Why? Fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>47268436
>>47268195
lol
>>
>>47267928
This is a guy who loves having power over people. Like, for example, the power to force a conversion. It seems pretty obvious. He makes massive logical leaps to arrive at the conclusion that he has to burn her up. Seeing the Morrowan sign shouldn't have been a problem, as she just converted there. There's no reason why she WOULDN'T have a Morrowan symbol on her. The dude is just venting the frustrations of his childhood on Morrowans and telling himself it's for a just cause.

>>47268026
The school wasn't burning until Malekus directed his Castigator into it. She was trying to keep people safe by placating him.
>>
>>47268463
Well Skornes problem wasn't so much that they were bad … it's that everyone else was too fucking good.

Before the Skornish get their panties on a bunch maybe they should get off their entitlement wrack and wait to see how everyone else fares. If they nerf the Haley's and the Asphyxious/Skarre of the game maybe they will make it out just fine.

Jesus fucking Christ. You act like someone killed your firstborn and people are refusing to acknowledge it.
>>
>>47268512
>If they nerf the Haley's and the Asphyxious/Skarre of the game
Well if Denny1 is any indication.
>>
>>47268474
Which we had to make another thread for...after losing our collective minds over the nerfs.

There was little positive for Legion and everything we did end up getting was through Soles or alternate channels.
>>
>>47268436
Legion one was at least coherent and didn't repost a mkii card.

Soles just writes shit with zero context. Corollary card is probably the biggest insult seeing as we could've gotten a model with actual fucking changes.
>>
>>47268512
Skarre and Gaspy are already hurting super hard.

But this comes back to the whole "Watch and Wait" argument.

Like, how are players supposed to take spoilers if they're given out of context? This really plays into the whole part of the Devs, again, especially Soles, taking their arrogant tone about the new edition.

The pHexxy spoiler is the best example of this, I think.

Soles posts, and I quote

>side from my answer above, Hexeris 1 evolved a lot. Honestly, this one became one of my missions. I wanted him to be a solid spellslinger to make sense of that Soul Slave spell which always felt like it should be somewhat defining.

And then proceeds to note that they changed out two of his spells for two worse spells and gave him blood boon, that ability that serves mostly to get warnouns killed trying to use.

How are players supposed to take that?
>>
>>47268557
Don't forget how people were asking about the Corollary for weeks and they kept saying shit about it but refusing to talk specifics, like "It's become a true battery now."

And then it's essentially nerfed. I understand why it's nerfed, but now half the time there's no reason to actually use the transfer ability on it's card.
>>
>>47268535
We will have 20% less infantry than we use to cram in. The forced warjacks should be enough to keep our skews in check.

Our SPD debuffs don't stop charges and such anymore, and nearly every nerf was deserved. This is coming from a guy who begrudgingly bought 30 Bane Knights and 30 Bane Thralls after getting my shit pushed by infantry machine Khador.

There is going to be a new normal for MKIII. We still have a very limited view of what that will end up settling at.
>>
Are you guys ready to face Eiryss1 in literally 100% of warmachine lists?
>>
>>47268602
Doesn't come clear now that I said it, but the Corollary wasn't barely changed at all besides the nerf, which everyone knew was coming.

Like, they spend weeks being mysterious about a model that barely changed at all, and then posted the stats for it in their big reveal.

And didn't post a new warcaster card.

Oh, and posts the Engima Foundry, which was also barely changed, again changes we knew about.
>>
>>47268643
CoC fags need to learn that no one loves them and their shitty fake faction
that's why you never get new models and only receive scornful looks from people when you mention your shitty robots
>>
>>47268634
She's not even that amazing. Good sure, but not auto-include.
>>
>>47268634
I can't wait until 6 months from now where she will be a part of the first upgrade Errata pack.

She is the reason we can't play 35pts around here. I hope she does in a nerf fire.
>>
>>47268671
>can strip fury from a beast
>not amazing
She's probably the most powerful control piece in the game versus hordes now.
>>
>>47268670
Yea, except Convergence has gotten nothing but buffs, minus a few common sense nerfs.

Like, the faction is looking way, way better now then it was before.

The complaint about the Insider isn't that it was bad for the faction, it's about how poorly it's laid out.
>>
>>47268583
I also think Soles doesn't actually understand the game or meta at all.

>we bumped up the pyre troll gun because lack of snipe.
>oh, fists are self only now bye.
No one gives a fuck about the gun soles, what the fuck did you do to my animi bot?
>>
>>47268686
If Mord's spell plays out the way people suspect, he might be in the running.

Adding 1 to the cost of every enemy animus when the game seems to be heavily moving towards self only animi seems like a fucking big fucker for beast heavy armies.
>>
>>47268695
maybe they're trying to fix the fact that it was just an animi bot? Taking beasts to stand around handing out an animi is pretty unexciting.
>>
>>47268686
Sure. Thanks for managing my fury.
>>
>>47268728
Stupid post of the day
>>
>>47268686
Given how few fury managements exist now... thank you?

The amount of kaelessa players realizing their mistake at shooting at my warbeasts can be counted on both hands. Please, do shoot my beasts
>>
>>47268476
>This is a guy who loves having power over people. Like, for example, the power to force a conversion.
Nothing in the short supports this at all. Everything we see about Malakus shows that he fully believes in Menoth and the Protectorate way (i.e. the Canon of True Law).

>makes massive logical leaps to arrive at the conclusion that he has to burn her up
Remember that according to the Canon of True Law, a sinner can find his way to the City of Man by experiencing agonizing pain at the moment of death. By burning heretics you are not only keeping them from getting in your way, but you are also helping them get to eternal safety in Urcaen. The alternative would both hinder you and ultimately lead to the heretic getting eaten by the Devourer.

>Seeing the Morrowan sign shouldn't have been a problem, as she just converted there.
It reminded him that she was a Morrowan and that Morrowans are devious and will say anything to save their own skin at the expense of others. If she had told the truth about the children instead of lying about them he very likely may have spared her the torch.
>>
>>47268376
Crusader ain't MAT 7 I'm afraid. They mispoke when they said all of them were grtting a MAT buff.
>>
>>47268725
Trick is, Pyre Trolls gun wasn't that bad anyways either, and it was a good late game beast to have.

I don't know how Trolls are going to shake out. If they manage to make Light combat beasts work this time they'll be alright I figure.
>>
I find it ironic that everyone bitches that most of what we've heard from the spoilers has been nerfs.

What did you fuckers expect? The whole fucking community constantly complains, "Oh, that's OP! Oh, that needs to be nerfed!" etc. When that's all you fuckers do, I'd say it's pretty easy for PP to assume that what you want to hear about is the rebalancing and the nerfs.

And, let's face it, if PP was posting loads of info on buffs you'd be bitching about shit being OP. There's no pleasing you fuckers.
>>
>>47268725
Then maybe that should be said.
Method to madness without method is madness.

>>47268728
I'm not the one shooting at his beasts mang
>>
>>47268782
It's about context to the nerfs.

Like, plenty of the changes have been accepted pretty well, I think. The Overboosting mechanic change is very likely the biggest and most game changing nerf to control warcasters in the entire slew of info we've seen, and I really haven't seen that many people bitch about it.
>>
>>47268792
>I'm not the one shooting at his beasts mang
So you'll shoot the fury off my lock? You could do that with E1 against Warmachine for all of MK2. And you could do it against WM+H with E3 too. It's not that big a deal.
>>
>>47268782
It's nerf without context. Shick's nerfs actually had explanations after it. Soles is also nerfing previously faction defining traits. Trolls buff so let's remove buffing. Skorne hit hard so let's nerf hitting. Skinners get ambush... because that's something nobody cared about? Slingers get flare for stealth... because skorne is about accurate shooting?
>>
>>47268751
It's possible that I am miss remembering it but is t it bad to burn bodies in the setting cause they believe that the soul has trouble of getting to urbane?
My understanding is that is why they have so many grave sites and cryx is able to get so many bodies that they can then interrogate after death. (One example given was this is how they got at. Node technology).
Never heard anything about me it's burning sinners to get them to urcaen, I just assumed it was because most of the other countries are a morowan majority and they are trying to dick there god out of souls.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.