[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #833 Many Overlord Questions Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: JC.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JC.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47231859
>>
Does the Reverse Engineering shard from Worm work on things that aren't strictly technology? For example, could I use it to help me find out the details as to how exactly a system of magic works in scientific terms or help me analyze the physiology of things like Supernatural demons to understand exactly what goes on when they possess someone?
If so, would it be too much of a stretch to use it to 'reverse engineer' someone's thinking process to let me understand them better?
>>
--World 43: Symbiote--

- STAGE SELECT: Mexico - "So it all comes back to here, huh?"
- DESIGNATION: Drop-In - "I'm already a machine!"
- UPGRADES:
- Government-Mandated Education - "I can't even begin to tell you how much of this is incorrect."
- Advanced Military Training - "Neat!"
- GET EQUIPPED:
- Military Gear Cache - "WEAPON GET: A LOT OF THEM"
- NEXT STOP?

"Wow. This place really doesn't have much for us, does it?"

"Not really."

"Nope."

"Huh."

Gonna need a new Slot 1!
>>
>>47241344
Unless a jumper buys the perk where everybody tends to believe your accusations, nobody's going to believe a guy who suddenly starts yelling that a dog is an alien anyway. And probably not even then, at least not until it's too late for someone(s).

Really, it's the kind of situation where not having superpowers means you simply won't be able to save everyone, despite knowing what's to come - which rather brings the horror home, in a way. Triage in media res.
>>
>>47241495
Princess Bride.
>>
>>47241495
Shin Megami Tensei.

Sorry, not sorry.
>>
>>47241369
No, you keep you Body Mod body. I'll clarify that in the text
>>
>>47241495
40K Imperium, *Evil laugh*
>>
>>47241090
I'd go for 400% healing for 25% mana, personally.

>>47241495
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
>>
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>47241518
Stashing that for later.

>>47241511
>1. Rapier Man
>2. Portal Man
>3. Hunter Man
>4. Flan Man
>5. Curse Woman
>6. Lion Man
>7. Ghost Woman
>8. Soul Man
>>
>>47241564
How sinister!
Or perhaps not...
>>
>>47241564
Robots of Unusual Size?
>>
If I buy Lord of Vermin in SMT1,canmy animal be crows?
>>
>>47241533
>Can't Believe This Voodoo Bullshit (+400cp)

Lol. You may as well rename this to "I Wanted To Start A New Chain Anyway".
>>
File: inconceivable.jpg (225 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
inconceivable.jpg
225 KB, 640x360
>>47241564
>>
>>47241658
Gauntlet. No consequences other than losing local jump rewards and purchases.

But that totally is a death sentence.
>>
>>47241658
>>47241719
I'll edit it to be beatable to an extent, but your best bet would be using it and another drawback to take the immunity perk
>>
File: dread pirate roberts.jpg (53 KB, 650x380) Image search: [Google]
dread pirate roberts.jpg
53 KB, 650x380
>>47241511
>>47241564
I'm smiling so much right now. Totally smug.
>>
If someone gets an angel mode from Evangelion, can you change how your ange form looks easily? Can I go from looking like Leliel, and then switch to a Ramiel esque form?
>>
>>47241632
The fuck did you just call my crow bros?
>>
>>47241632
On one hand, the average person rarely thinks of crows that way, as what I wrote requires.

On the other, they are fucking annoying shitbirds and can be a serious problem both to farmers and regular people.

You know what, I'm gonna go with yes. It's closer in spirit, even if it skirts the letter of the choice.

>>47241855
Wanna fight, birdbrain?
>>
>>47241836
Why do you not already have a shape shifting perk?
>>
>>47241770
It's a bit late where I'm at, so if there are any other issues with the gauntlet either reply here and I'll see them later or wait for the next version, which will hopefully be ready tomorrow.
>>
>>47241878
Oh god not the birdpuns again.
>>
>>47241879
I do, but changing an angel form is quite a larger feat, since they are ridiculously huge, and would have different uses. A ramiel mode would make for a better generator and positron beam emmition, a more godzilla esque form would provude higher durability and such.
>>
>>47241878
You're a cawky one, flapping your mouth with that chirp on your shoulder! Come at me bro!
>>
>>47241855
Hey man, I love crows, but they've historically had a stigamata being carrion eaters and omens of death and whatnot.

>>47241878
Sweet, thanks.
>>
>>47241878
So most of the things in this article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pest_(organism)#Insects (barring ones that are obviously not available like lions) would count?
>>
>>47241975
I thought Ravens were Omens of death not crows
>>
I have a question for jumpers that took the Gravity Falls jump. How did you deal with Bill Cipher?
>>
>>47241836
That shouldn't be crazy, just think what you want to look like until you do. That stuff is linked pretty heavily with your self-image, so just think what you are until you are it.
>>
>>47241984
Nope, all corvid birds are. Comes from being scavengers.
>>
>>47241993
Just step in and stop Mabel from being such a dumb bitch, crisis averted.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>47241545
>>47241554
Those are also on the queue now.

--World 44: The Princess Bride--

- STAGE SELECT: Miracle Max's Hovel - "Okay okay ow I'm going already! What's this Florin Countryside place?"
- DESIGNATION: Drop-In - "Incoming!"
- UPGRADES:
- Storyteller - "When'd I learn to do that?"
- Speed Reading - "Oh boy, more free time!"
- Based On A True Story - "Hopefully folks learn a lot from Big Bro and Dr. Light!"
- The Death Of The Author - "So THAT'S what comes next!"
- I'll Most Likely Kill You In The Morning - "I can only hope I won't need this Pity Module."
- GET EQUIPPED:
- Library - "Dr. Keyes will like this!"
- Bookcase - "And this!"
- Adaptanator - "And this!"
- Soreless Saddle - "Just in case."
- NEXT STOP

"So who was that Inigo guy's dad, anyway?"

"Heck if I know. All I know is he's dead and that made him mad."

"And since when did rats get that big?"

"We've seen weirder."

"You're not wrong."

>1. Bel Man
>2. Portal Man
>3. Hunter Man
>4. Flan Man
>5. Curse Woman
>6. Lion Man
>7. Ghost Woman
>8. Soul Man

Please let me not regret this.
>>
>>47241993
I introduced him to Louise.
She's a hell of a woman.
The wedding had a seven layer cake.
The puns are consuming my mind. Send help.
>>
>>47242077
No we need all the puns.
>>
>>47241921
I know, this is a bit hawkward, but I really don't give a flock if you don't like puns.

>>47241943
Toucan play this game, but letting goose like this is just fowl play, can't expect a man to wing it when he was having such a pheasant time.

>>47241981
Sounds about right.
>>
>>47241993
Gaster Blasters. Turns out, weapons that directly target/attack SOULs are REALLY effective on spiritual entities like Bill.
Or at least, I THINK he's a spiritual being. He counts, right?
>>47242056
>Flan man
What.
>>
>>47242112
GUNNM.
>>
File: FLAN.png (164 KB, 506x500) Image search: [Google]
FLAN.png
164 KB, 506x500
>>47242056
>>
>>47241981
>>47242105
Wait, you can choose wolves and foxes?
>>
>>47241981
>>47242105
Oh shit, looks at that list.
You can be:
>Lord of Seagulls
>Lord of Beavers
>Lord of Squirrels
>Lord of Snails
>Lord of Rabbits
>>
>>47242123
You know what? I'll ask now.

On a scale of "more helpful than MMX" to "as bad as Dune could have gone," how much am I going to NOT enjoy this?
>>
>>47242181
Seagulls are just rats with wings.
>>
>>47242205
I...actually don't know. You'd be a robot in a setting ruled by cyborgs. So...eh, barring any stupidity/arrogance on your part, you SHOULD be fine, to won't be easy, but it shouldn't be Dune levels of hard. Then again, I'm not exactly that familiar with the setting, so I'm just going to take a guess and say somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>47242181
>Lord of Beavers
I would love dominion over beavers!
>>
>>47242205
Really, it depends on what you do in it. Take the Last Order Drawback and you're in for the long haul. You'll have to endure the entire story line of the Last Order timeline and beyond, all the way until Alita makes it to Mars and finally settles her many issues.

Strike out into the desert and you're in for ten years of Dune-esk survival training, with powerful cyborg desert pirates raiding scattered pockets of mostly human life clinging to the few patches of water that survive on Earth. Mutants will be a constant problem out there.

Stay in the Scrapyard and you'll find yourself at the mercy of the worst city life could possibly offer. The food is horrible and there's a good chance you'll find yourself shanked and robbed of vital organs. Already a cyborg? You've got more options, but you can still be shanked and robbed of parts pretty easily if you're not on guard. At least as a cyborg/robot you have the option of taking several of the more dangerous, but much more lucrative, jobs available. Perform well in any of the Motorball or Ultimate Cyborg Combat rings and you'll live pretty well. Otherwise... good luck.

Heading up into Space isn't an easy thing to do unless you start there. Even then, Mercury has gone all Grey Goo Scenario, Mars is constantly at war, and Venus is doing thing with Bio-tech that would turn the strongest stomachs. I'm not sure about the other planets honestly, but Saturn's moons seem pretty okay if you don't mind being a miner for your whole life.
>>
>>47242138
I think that is fine. Maybe it's just my white western upbringing, but everyone I know gives wolves/foxes shit, while thinking lions are super cool kings of the jungle nevermind the fact that they're all lazy shits.

>>47242205
People are relatively close to normal human during the start. Just don't take the drawbacks that extend your stay and don't go to space and it should be dangerous, but perfectly survivable.
>>
>>47242105
Give it a nest, or you'll egret this.
You're cuckoo if you think you can beak me. I'll flock you till you're black and bluejays, then send you flying back to mama hen for tweatment.

You're a lucky duck though, I'm not in the mood for murder.

>>47242103
I would, but I'm getting rather inebriated.
I think I'll call it night. See you tomorrow, /jc/.
>>
>>47242272
>>47242341
>>47242350
Second question.

Is it a good idea at all to grab this Desty guy as a Companion? All I know about him is he's a nutty but seriously skilled scientist who really likes flan.
>>
>>47242217
I'll take rats over seagulls any day.

>>47242350
I thought wolves were supposed to be seen as Noble or something? I get foxes and coyotes, definitely, but wolves always seemed to be, I dunno, "cooler".
>>
>>47242385
Flock you up*
Don't drink and post, everyone.

Unless you're into that kind of thing.
>>
>>47242403
Desty is pretty much amoral, but he's more interested in pushing the bounds of technology than anything. He could be a villain or he could be an ally, depending on which clone it is and where in the timeline you pick him up.
>>
>>47242403
Sure, if the idea of him replacing your heart and putting it in a death robot while you're asleep for giggles sounds fun. Or him secretly taking out your brain and putting a brain bio-chip in instead, just so he could put the brain in front of you and watch your world crash around you with your sanity.

He's nutty and skilled, but he's seriously fucked up.
>>
>>47242420
Wolves were considered noble in some mythologies and are currently treated as such in our culture, but even less than a century ago, wolves were seen as worthless livestock killers.
>>
File: Nova.jpg (80 KB, 436x564) Image search: [Google]
Nova.jpg
80 KB, 436x564
>>47242403
Destiny Nova is legit bonkers. Totally out to lunch fruit loops and milk. That said, he is the ONLY scientist in the setting with a understand, and eventual mastery, of Karma based science. This makes it possible for him to perform all kinds of insane, nearly magical feats. Everything from injecting regenerating nanomachines that will let you survive losing a good chunk of your brain, to resurrecting the dead, to even creating the ultimate in shape-shifting cyborg bodies and materials.

Then again... >>47242451 is so right it's not even funny.

Pic related, it is probably the tamest experiment he had in his lab near the beginning of the manga. Everything else was nightmare fuel carved from an insane asylum that had been infected by the Warp.
>>
>>47242056
Is Bel Man supposed to be SMT, or was Devil Survivor on the queue?
>>
>>47242420
They did kill a lot of livestock for quite a while, so people had some pretty negative views on them back in the day. Some still do.
>>
>>47242403
Also, as a side note, he is directly responsible for killing all but a tiny fraction of Tiphareas' population when he revealed the "secret" of the floating city. Knowing full well revealing the secret would do exactly that.
>>
>>47242487
Supposed to be SMT.

Which I may have gotten mixed up with DS.

>>47242480
>>47242451
>>47242444
>>47242541

Right. Companions with no sense of right and wrong are something of a no-go.
>>
>>47242558
>Right. Companions with no sense of right and wrong are something of a no-go.
Oh no, he knows exactly what's "right" and "wrong". He just doesn't give a shit and fancies himself as a scientist who wants to push those concepts to their most illogical extremes.

Mostly by doing horrible shit like poisoning children and hosting death games for the cure. Or taking a person with psychometry and forcing his hand into still-living people's brains to both kill them and make him feel their memories and death. Going down a row like an assembly line of sadism and giggles.

He knows exactly where the line is. He's just fascinated and wants to see if he can mess with it.
>>
>>47242460
>>47242496
Makes sense. I live in an area where coyotes are a huge fucking problem but wolves are really rare, so I guess my perspective is just skewed.
>>
>>47242558
>Mixed up with DS
Okay, quick run through of both, so you're prepared:
SMT: The war between Law and Chaos has finally erupted, and the Apocalypse has begun. Even before the world ends, demons and zombies run amock as American soldiers and the Japanese military, which has launched a coup led by General Gotou, battle in the streets. Both sides are evil, as the Americans, led by Thorman/Thor, want to start a nuclear war in order to build God's Thousand Year Kingdom, and the General wants to summon Lucifer. Both succeed, despite our heroes' best efforts, and the world ends. Post nuclear war, the Chaotic Gaians and the Lawful Messians are at war, while the forces of Law build a massive Basilica which will serve as God's throne. Angels and Demons battle for supremacy, and by the end God floods everything, killing anyone not in the Basilica. Here, the final showdown between the forces of Law, led by the Archangel Michael and his cohorts, and Chaos, led by Asura, takes place. Canonically, the Hero kills both, which leads to a brief time of peace before the Messians take over again after the Hero dies in a landslide. Cue the SMT 2, under the despotic Center. God himself shows up as the final boss, planning with Satan to destroy the world, while Lucifer seeks to stop him at all costs. You almost certainly won't take part in this, even with the time extension, so I wouldn't worry about it.
(cont)
>>
>>47242558
>>47242699
Oh, forgot to mention, a brilliant scientist named Steven created the Demon Summoning Program to give humanity a fighting chance against the demons after his teleportation system, the Terminals, accidentally summoned a demon, who he only barely killed at the cost of being crippled. Speaking of, he fixed the Terminal system, and you use it to get around. As for DS, the jump itself actually gives a pretty good summary, but an addendum is that beside Remiel, the angels are arrogant dicks, and even Remiel can be a bit snooty from time to time. Still has humanity's back, enough to apparently refuse to destroy the Earth using God's Thunder in the Overlord path despite being humiliated and disgraced by Abel's decision, given that Metatron is forced to come to Earth and summon the Archangels after being beaten. Also, the super weapon the JSDF has is one that activates all electronics in the city of Tokyo so that all living beings will be boiled alive by the microwaves or something. Imagine a cat in a microwave.
>>
>>47241632
I initially misread that as "cows," and suddenly I want to see a vermin lord of cows.

>The cows finally get a chance to eat you and everyone you care about
>>
File: Gunslinger_1024x1024.png (291 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Gunslinger_1024x1024.png
291 KB, 1024x683
>>47195376
Sorry for the absence - been kinda tangled up in life a tad.

"Are you back with us, Bowers?"

"who e'en knows, Alexander. I don' know why I was chosen. Why I was dragged ont' this accursed train line. Why I'm fukken barrelin' forward through hell 'n' highwater.

But I'm doin' mahself a disservice by wallowin'. Mistakes were made, an' I couldn' save 'em all. I see 'at now. Every one I dun' 'elp is gonna eat away at meh."

"Jeremiah..."

"But if I give up now, what're the last two-hun'red years but a waste?"

>InFamous - Jump 26
Starting City: Houston
Origin: Prisoner

Conduit Type: Electrokinesis
Additional Powers:
-Regen (Free) - "Won'er wot kind 'f punishmen' I can come back from now."
-Analytics
-Extra Power (Stasis Bubble) - "Good f'r crowd control, eh?"
-Focus

Gear & Supplies:
-Biocapacitor (Free)
-Rebreather
-Bioconverter
-Conductor Weapon (Knife)

Setbacks & Future:
-Greenlit (+300) - "So... ya'll's call yerselves the 'Blooded,' eh?"
>>
Rolled 6 (1d8)

>>47243127
Now let's go ahead and get the next chapter ready, because after Jump 30. 's gonna see some shit.

1 - Franken Fran
2 - 8-Bit Theatre
3 - Nightmare Before Christmas
4 - Wuxia
5 - Monster's Inc
6 - Slice of Life
7 - Crypt of the Necrodancer
8 - Dark Souls
>>
>>47243228
>Slice of Life
Truly, this will be a challenging, traumatic time for you.
Also, out of curiousity, how did the whole Omega Flowey/Asriel confrontation go?
>>
Rolled 5 (1d8)

>>47242056
--World 45: GUNNM--

- STAGE SELECT: The City In The Sky - "Really? Up there?"
- DESIGNATION: Cyborg - "Man, these guys really cut me open, huh?"
- UPGRADES:
- Transhuman - "Looks like I've been upgraded again."
- TUNED - "A lot."
- Berserker - "A LOT."
- GET EQUIPPED:
- Single Style (Boxing) -"When'd I lear this?"
- Elemental Posthuman Combat - "Wow."
- Hybrid - "Again, wow."
- Secret Posthuman Combat - "Uh."
- Panzerkunst - "When did I even-"
- TUNED Equipmet Package - "U-uh."
- Support System Gabriel - "This looks useful I guess?"
- Solid Wing - "But what is this."
- ALERT ALERT ALERT:
- Octopus Lips - "Oh no. Oh no no no no no I THOUGHT MY FOREHEAD WAS NORMAL AGAIN"
- NEXT STOP?

"They really cut you open this time, didn't they?"

"At this rate my IC Chip will be the only real Light Labs product in me!"

"Is that really a BAD thing?"

"Maybe? I'd rather not have to find out."

>1. Bel Man
>2. Portal Man
>3. Hunter Man
>4. Imperium Man
>5. Curse Woman
>6. Lion Man
>7. Ghost Woman
>8. Soul Man

Oh boy here we go.

Dice, please don't doom this child.
>>
>>47243323
>Curse Woman
AHAHAHAHAHA! DOOM! DOOOOOM!
>>
>>47243309
Stayed as fukken far away as possible when HYPERGOD ASRIEL absorbed everyone that showed up to help Frisk.

From there it was from-the-shadows sniping some of the projectiles that it didn't look like Frisk would dodge in time while staying out of sight.
>>
Emps is the most powerful psyker is 40K by far but is Magnus the Red truly second place? It seems like the oldest Eldar Farseers, such as a certian dick, might hold the silver medal. I ask because the most recent Eldar WIP says you could potentially reach their level if you take farseer (even if it would take LUDICROUS amounts of time to reach that level).
>>
>>47243370
>HYPERGOD ASRIEL
Sounds like a nerd.
>>
>>47243567
It's basically a child becoming the incarnation of what he thinks is cool and badass and evil, so totally.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d8)

>>47243361
--World 46: Siren Blood Curse--

- DESIGNATION: Survivor - "Uh-oh."
- UPGRADES: "Dr. Jay? Dr. Jay? The teleporter's not supposed to do that. Dr. Jay? Dr. Jay, come in!"
- Survival Instinct - "No good. She's not responding. Nothing's responding."
- GET EQUIPPED: "There's a lot of these things..."
- Flashlight - "And I'm alone in the dark."
- CAN I GO TO THE NEXT STOP NOW? THIS PLACE GIVES ME THE CREEPS AND WHY IS THAT GUY TRYING TO BITE ME

"MAKE IT STOP"

"MAKE THEM STOP"

"SOMEBODY PLEASE GET ME OUT OF HERE"

"I'M JUST A KID FOR CRYING OUT LOUD"

"OKAY SO MAYBE I'M A ROBOT KID, BUT STILL"

"DR. JAY PLEASE RESPOND"

"THIS IS WORSE THAN RAVEN MAN'S STAGE"

"I COULD SERIOUSLY USE A TELEPORT RIGHT ABOUT NOW"

>1. Bel Man
>2. Portal Man
>3. Hunter Man
>4. Imperium Man
>5. Jagd Man
>6. Lion Man
>7. Ghost Woman
>8. Soul Man
>>
>>47243585
>I'M JUST A KID FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
>OKAY SO MAYBE I'M A ROBOT KID BUT STILL!
Like I said: DOOOOOM!
Wait a second, shouldn't Lovecraft have gotten this reaction, or was the horror too subtle?
>>
>>47243659
I guess the difference is, plenty of people can live normal lives in Lovecraft. The Cosmos is horrifying, but it's also uncaring. In Siren the jump dumps you right into all that bullshit and it very much wants to kill you.
>>
>>47243659
A bit too subtle, yeah. He doesn't really "get" the whole "the truth of existence is that mankind means nothing and all life is futile before the Old Ones" business.

Not exactly the sort of thing that runs through a kid's mind.

Zombies on the other hand? That gets 'em right where it needs to. They're scary, they're everywhere, and they're coming for you.
>>
File: confused iop.gif (2 MB, 517x400) Image search: [Google]
confused iop.gif
2 MB, 517x400
>>47243585
>Hunter Man

>yfw that could be at least three different Jumps
>>
>>47243674
>>47243678
Ah, makes sense. FEAR and Soul Eater are going to absolutely wreck this kid, aren't they? I say Soul Eater because unlike Lovecraft the Big Bad is a Great Old One that warps reality itself with his Madness Wavelength. Also, the Clowns. Holy shit the Clowns.
>>
>>47243578
>THIS IS MY ORIGINAL CHARACTER!
>DO! NOT! STEAL!
>>
>>47243732
Shit, forgot to mention that the difference is that he's active.
>>
>>47243732
Even before that, Soul Eater's not going to make any SENSE.

"How is everyone else not completely dead or worse by now?" or something like that.

There's also the question of whether his Undertale background means that his consciousness is now ultimately housed in a SOUL rather than his IC Chip, and what that means for future Jumps in general.
>>
>>47243783
Good point. Seriously, you'd think the world would be in a much worse state considering Kishin eggs are rampaging everywhere. Also, the Sun and Moon are going to screw with him, plus given the effect Madness wavelengths have on electronics...Huh, I hadn't thought of that. That'll make him a lot more vulnerable.
>>
>>47243832
Worth noting the kishin egg terminology is an anime only thing. In the manga they're just evil people Shinigami has deemed acceptable to hunt down and kill for their souls.
>>
>>47241455
Doubtful that it would work like that.
>>
>>47243872
Huh, really? Well, that DOES decrease the threat level a bit.
>>
>>47241455
It's specifically technology and the working of such systems. If you have the knowledge then "magitech" might be viable but it's not just some magical ability to examine and understand all the processes of whatever you look at. Especially stuff like a person's thought processes. Shards are toolkits designed for a specific purpose, not some sort of conceptual system where you can manage whatever you can shoehorn under the umbrella of the terms used. If you have to put quote marks around "reverse engineer" then you're stretching.
>>
>>47243832
If it's anything like the Hex, he... COULD be fine.

If it's not but has the same end result as the Hex, it'll end badly.

Actually, the end of this run is likely coming soon. Out of the remaining Jumps on the roll chart, only Portal and Narnia aren't nightmare rollercoasters or outright death traps for this poor boy.

And to think he'd fallen in love, too!

But seriously, Robot as a subset of Ghost leaves a lot of questions about what Folke needs more to remain 'alive.'
>>
>>47243944
>Anything like the Hex
Erm...not quite. Madness basically warps reality just by existing, to the point where Kishin Asura, by simply napping on the Moon, pretty much made the Earth into a nightmare world, with natural disasters, ancient evils, and the like running amok. Basically? Imagine a crazy person making their vision of the world a reality. And electronics are affected, corrupted by this Madness Wavelength. By the end of the series, the Madness Length of Kishin Asura, the Great Old One of Fear, has covered the entire planet, so there's no running. You might be able to resist it with certain perks, but even then Folke will be in major trouble.
>>
>>47244170
Welp.
>>
>>47244199
Listen, if you want to survive, grab the Anti-Demon Wavelength and Strong Soul perks. The former is built for resisting and fighting creatures of Madness, while the latter boosts it. There's another with the Wavelength, Maka, together the two of you might be able to resist the Madness' corrupting assault on your body. Also, beware of Medusa: she's the one trying to revive Asura, and the most dangerous character besides him and Noah, not because of her power(though she's no slouch), but because of her intelligence and how hard it is to get her to stay dead. Even a sliver of her soul can possess and transform a child's body into a smaller version of her own, and she'll only get stronger once she grabs her sister Arachne's body. Also, Crona. Medusa's son/daughter, and a potential Kishin. If you can help Maka help him/her, and keep Medusa away, you'll not only gain a powerful ally, you'll shatter Medusa's ultimate plan, and save an entire city.
>>
File: chicken hug.gif (4 MB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
chicken hug.gif
4 MB, 384x288
>>47243585
--World 47: Monster Hunter--

- STAGE SELECT: Yukumo Village - "I like this place. It's not creepy and full of blood and hungry dead bodies. It's a good use of that 'free pick' business."
- DESIGNATION: Hunter - "Looks like some of those old Maverick Hunter tips X gave me will be useful after all!"
- UPGRADES:
- Weapon Master - "Combat protocols updated!"
- Eye of the Tigrex - "Scanning targets! Just like fighting Mechaniloids, right?"
- Unleashed - "Overclock Module installed."
- Weapon Savant - "Weapon accuracy increased by 150%!"
- BBQ Specialist - "I'm just glad the Armed Scout Robot upgrade came with taste buds."
- Anti-Theft - "Security protocols engaged!"
- Pro Transporter - "Lift with my back, not with my legs? I don't think you know how servos work."
- GET EQUIPPED:
- Balance Bangle - "When am I gonna need this?"
- Storage Chest - "Ooh!"
- Felyne Comrade - "Awww, cute! I think I'll name you Flat!"
- NEXT STOP

"Hey, Folke?"

"Yeah?"

"You don't look so good. Anything happen while I was out?"

"What? No! Everything's fine!"

"Then why is your eye twitching?"

"Sharp, you REALLY don't wanna know."

"Yes I do. If it's bad enough that you'd rather be fighting giant lizards than dealing with it, I need to be there for you. Dr. Keyes, too."

"And-"

"Yes, AND her. You. Whatever."

Need a new slot 3, as if it'll matter.
>>
>>47244280
Sekirei
>>
>>47244275
I thought the anti-Demon wavelength only worked on evil beings, I remember that it did fuckall to Asura because he was a being of fear and was technically not evil.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>47244335
Here goes!

>1. Bel Man
>2. Portal Man
>3. Wing Woman
>4. Imperium Man
>5. Jagd Man
>6. Lion Man
>7. Ghost Woman
>8. Soul Man
>>
>>47244355
That's the anime, in the manga it's a powerful ward against Madness. It still does fuck all against Asura, but that's less because it doesn't work and more because Asura is incredibly buff in this version, to the point where he takes on Great Old One Death the Kid and Black Star and is, depending on which part of the fight, either holding his own or outright smacking them around. And this is AFTER the three year time skip and several more upgrades since then. Seriously, Manga Asura, who you will be fighting, is no joke.
>>
File: gunslinger_colored_by_leinilyu.jpg (491 KB, 560x840) Image search: [Google]
gunslinger_colored_by_leinilyu.jpg
491 KB, 560x840
>>47243127
>>47243228
Right, could I get a replacement for Slice of Life?

"You saw me 'n action, Alexander. Wot do ya think."

"... I'm not sure the city appreciated your efforts, nor that you staved off similar efforts of crime for long."

"Hrmm..."

>Slice of Life - Jump 27
"Wot."
Family: Middle-Class

Setting: - "Eh?"
-Workplace (Free) - "Guess 'm a bartender?"

Perks:
-Festival (Free) - "Hmm. Good t' kick back e'ery now an' then."
-Rock
-Back and Forth - "Good t' build rapport."
-Sagelike
-Optimism - "'Bout time I had some."

Items & Companions:
-Import (Alexander, Anno, Ashelyn) - "Wait- Anno, why're ya lookin' pleased wit' this."

>>47244280
Sunrider
>>
>>47244403
I'll have to bring plenty of powerful bullshit and hax when I go there then.
>>
>>47244414
Overlord (the new one)
>>
>>47244429
Just remember this: you can't kill Asura. As long as Fear exists, so will he. Crona manages to seal him away at the end though, so if you can weaken him enough, you MIGHT be able to seal/trap him. Just remember to bring EVERYTHING you have to the fight, as he reacts to someone bursting out of his chest with amusement rather than real pain, and is laughing his ass off when he's sealed, telling Crona, the cast, and the audience that he'll be back one day. "So you got rid of corporal terror by discarding the flesh, intellectual dread by using Brew!! And you overcame the mental fear by trusting others and depending on it?! But such feeble support will break easily!! It will be all over when it breaks and the madness will take over again. Goodbye till then! Stay fearful with me until that time."
>>
Rolled 5 (1d8)

>>47244414
>>47244485
H'ooooh boy.
That'd be an ass-kicking and a half.

1 - Franken Fran
2 - 8-Bit Theatre
4 - Wuxia
5 - Monster's Inc
6 - Overlord
8 - Dark Souls
>>
>>47244516
I know it wouldn't put him down for good but reducing him to a pile of ash would have to require a lot of recovery time, right?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>47244280
--World 48: Portal--

- STAGE SELECT: Apertue Laboratiories - "What's this place?"
- DESIGNATION: Test Robot - "Oh."
- UPGRADES:
- Unlike Us, Humans Need To Be Taught Teamwork. - "And Sharp's no stranger!"
- That's Not Just Flattery. You Are Great At Science. - "Huh! That's good to know!"
- Without The Consequence Of Death, Is This Even Science? - "I ought not to lose my head, at any rate! Hahahaha!"
- Look At Her, You Moron. She's Clearly Not Fat. - "That's... helpful?"
- .... - "...."
- GET EQUIPPED:
- Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device x2 - "And one for you, Sharp!"
- Long Fall Boots - "Kinetic stabilizers engaged!"
- Conversion Gel Recipe - "Where am I gonna get moon rocks?"
- Gel Cannon - "WEAPON GET: G. CANNON"
- NEXT STOP

"Wheeeeeeee!"

"What are you doing."

"THIS IS THE MOST FUN I'VE HAD IN TWO DECADES!"

"That is not what the test is supposed to be about."

"WHEEEEEE- WAIT."

"What is it now?"

"HOW DO I STOP THIS THING?"

"I could tell you, but it is much more amusing to watch you fail. Where is your partner?"

"I THINK SHE'S OVER ON THAT WALL!"

"Heya!"

"You may or may not be the most annoyingly durable test subjects I have ever met."

>>47244414

>1. Bel Man
>2. Solar Man
>3. Wing Woman
>4. Imperium Man
>5. Jagd Man
>6. Lion Man
>7. Ghost Woman
>8. Soul Man
>>
>>47244643
>Reducing him to ash
I'm not sure. Shinigami skinning him alive and sealing him in his own sack of skin held him down, but the again that was a fellow Great Old One, and his dad, and even then his resting place had a crap ton of seals around him, plus Shinigami himself using his soul to keep him down. So it'll put him down, but not for long most likely, and he'll be PISSED once he gets back on his feet. And trust me, you do NOT want to face a Great Old One that's going all out.
>>
>>47244695
>"You may or may not be the most annoyingly durable test subjects I have ever met."
This is hilarious. Just absolutely hilarious.
>>
If the author of the SMT jump is here, the Notes on Dormant Power says that you get a level cap of 99. What does that mean? Are you forever barred from gaining power beyond what a Lvl 99 PC in the games would be capable of? Does this nerf any pre and post jump powers you may possess/gain into the ground?
>>
>>47244776
I'm pretty sure it just lets you gain the power of a 99th level pc, but you can't advance those abilities beyond that.
>>
Is there anothing stopping me from taking the Small Army from Skullgirls, and giving each member a Stand, Cauldron Vial, etc, etc.
>>
>>47244776
It's just the cap for your SMT abilities, though technically you can go beyond that with other combos or perks. Think of it kind of like Overlord's Level 100 perk, it allows you to reach/gain that level of power.
>>
Out of curiosity, do you think Mantles from the Dresden Files could be used with Dark/Demon Souls crafting perks? They seem to function very similarly to Lors Souls.

I wonder what weapon/spell you could get from Santa?
>>
>>47244865
A Candy Cane with the power to make children cry.
>>
>>47244823
I guess not. You'd have to do it manually though; scratch everyone with the Arrowhead individually, give each soldier a Cauldron potion, etc,.
>>
>>47244776
>>47244821
It mentions being able to slaughter deities with naught but mortal skill and strength. It then goes on to talk about the cost of such power, saying that you gain a maximum level cap of 99 that is reduced for each perk that you empower with Dormant Power.

It makes it sound like you are gaining the power to fight vastly powerful entities at the cost of not being able to obtain strength of your own.
>>
>>47244878
The arrowhead won't even be a sure thing as well since it might kills off some or alot of members if they don't have enough fighting spirit I believe the term is.
>>
>>47244776
It means you can reach the level of logic-defying "skill" the PCs do.

No.

No.
>>
>>47244904
So question, is Lucifer out and out dead in the World of Law drawback, or just so broken by God's complete and utter victory he's given up? Speaking of Lucifer, how would he react to a Tyrant/Vermin Lord/Fiend tribrid, or a Herald that wanted to rebel against YHVH for being such a dick to humanity? Kind of want to know what I'm walking into here.
>>
>>47244878
I guess so.*
I'm an idiot.

>>47244898
I think you could avoid accidental deaths through judicious use of precog powers, but in the end, these guys are Companions.

Most people wank that they just respawn after a while, so take that as you will.

Also, what kind of perk-bought army has members that lack proper amounts of 'fighting spirit'?
>>
>>47244953
Drafted members perhaps?
>>
So in SMT1, can Demons buy Demonic Fusion?
>>
>>47244890
Yes, but that implys that it the skill you can potentially gain from that perk that is reduced.
>>
>>47243937
Wait, so it'd be completely impossible to get Bonesaw's tinker knowledge with a reverse engineering shard, then?
>>
>>47244695
--World 49: Sunrider--

- STAGE SELECT: Earth - "Wait, what?"
- DESIGNATION: Prototype - "I-I-I-I-I- We- no! Noooot doing that again. Still, I guess I'd better figure out who hooked me up to this network."
- UPGRADES:
- Neural Link - "No seriously when did I get these."
- Anatomical Analysis - "Imaging program installed!"
- Engineering Iteration - "Oh. Oh wow."
- Digitially Compatible Consciousness - "A backup? Geez, that's useful! But who wanted me to have this and why?"
- Delegation - "I dunno when I'll need this, but I'll probably be glad I've got it once that time comes."
- GET EQUIPPED:
- Ryder (Assault Ryder) - "Whaaat is this."
- Trinity Lasers - "So that's hooked up to this?"
- Melee Weapon - "And it's got a sword?"
- Ryder Suit - "Well okay."
- NEXT STOP?

"Didja hear, Sharp?"

"Yeah. All those girls in love with one guy? Sounds off to me."

"Not what I was talking about, but that does sound odd."

"I know, right? I mean, he can only end up with one of them, right? A heart... that's not just a thing you can cut evenly with a knife."

"That was strangely poetic."

"Yeah, well, I've been reading some of Dr. Keyes' library."

"Huh. Cool!"

Need a new Slot 2, it seems. Moment of truth?
>>
>>47245060
Fire emblem: awakening
>>
>>47245040
Biotech and medical stuff and whatnot is still a form of technology anon. It's viable.
>>
File: call-of-juarez.jpg (183 KB, 800x403) Image search: [Google]
call-of-juarez.jpg
183 KB, 800x403
>>47244414
Now need a replacement for #5.

"Well, I guess.... that was a good place ta absquatulate f'r a bit, eh?"

"You know, if you needed some time to think on your own, you just needed to ask."

"Kknowin' ye two, ye woulda still followed me no matter how all-fired I got about hidin'."

"Bastard. And just when I was going to make a move."

"And what move would that be, Anno?"

"Just the move you haven't made yet, Ashie."

"... Bastion, git me a stealth field afore I'm tore ta bits."

>Monster's Inc - Jump 28
Origin: Drop-In - "Wait a tick."

Perks:
-Hide & Seek Champion - "H'ooooh this ain' good."
-Lost & Found
-It's True! I Saw The Whole Thing! - "AN OUTLAW BARELY TWO SHAKES OF A QUAIL INT' A WORLD."

Gear:
-Wouldn't Have Nothin' If I Didn't Have You (300 CP)
-Door Shredder

>>47245060
Zoids Legacy.
>>
>>47245060
Super Robot Wars
>>47245088
Super Smash Bros.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d8)

>>47245068
Well, then. Jump 50. The moment of truth.

It all comes down to this roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSJBhzIbCw

>1. Bel Man
>2. Emblem Man
>3. Wing Woman
>4. Imperium Man
>5. Jagd Man
>6. Lion Man
>7. Ghost Woman
>8. Soul Man
>>
>>47245105
>It all comes down to this role
Oh, is this the end? Shame, I was looking forward to Soul Eater, SMT, or FEAR, and your reaction. Oh well, I'll get you next time Gadget, et cetera, et cetera.
>>
>>47245105
>FFTA

So how's Folke going to cope with being made of meat?
>>
When a jump says a certain from becomes an alt-form post-jump, does that mean you're stuck in that form during the jump or just that it's temporarily your true form?
>>
>>47245152
Later usually.
>>
>>47245141
Looking at the roll, it was pretty much a 50/50 chance between Folke living to see an odd-numbered Jump and him outright dying.

Emblem Man, Wing Woman, Jagd Man, and Lion Man being the "live" options.

Soul Man very much not as bad at the others, but leaning toward the "die" side with Ghost Woman, Imperium Man, and Bel Man.
>>
>>47245165
Oh! You're still going, then? Well well well, how interesting! Good thing, I'm really liking your chain.
>>
>>47244949
He's either dead or waiting for a more opportune moment to return, but he won't come back during your stay unless you've basically already won. Do remember that perma-death isn't quite a thing for him.

He'll want you on his side. Like, immediate recruitment the moment he is aware of your existence. He's not going to bend over for it, but you'll be exactly the type of demon to make a difference. For Herald, he'll want you on Chaos on principle. If you're just neutral he (probably) won't try to kill you, seeing as he didn't step in to mess with the Protagonist, but he's not going to skip through a field of flowers with you and he's not going to tell Astaroth and company to sandbag.

>>47245019
Yes. You'll be a hybrid of whatever race you choose with the Perk in addition to anything else, and have been fused with a human, but you'll still be the one in control.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>47245148
>spoiler
>look at the Jump text
>just going in changes you even as a Drop-In, there's a roll table and everything

Oh boy here we go. Unless of course it can be assumed he's more of a clockwork facsimile of the race in question or whatever. I'm not exactly sure of the limits of fanwank.
>>
>>47245191
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for answering.
>>
>>47245195
>Bangaa

At least you didn't roll Viera.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>47245088
Bastion:
-Origin: Scare Assistant
-Can Wrangler (Free), Riding Your Coattails, Fear Tech
-Three Little Words: SIX WHEEL DRIVE (Free), Yellow Uniform

"Presuming I can locate CDA Headquarters and download some intel, I can aid in - using the uniform - ensuring Jeremiah's escape should the situation get out of hand. They appear to be terrified of a child - a grown man would throw the city into chaos."

Ashelyn:
-Origin: Drop-In
-You Start Getting Attached To IT, Monstropolitan

"I'm sticking to Jeremiah's side. Like hell is he going anywhere without his gun!"

Alexander:
-Origin: CDA
-Disposal (Free), Rapid Response, WE'RE ALWAYS WATCHING, I'm Off Duty
-Yellow Uniform (Free)

"I will be aiding Bastion as best as I can - assuming my identity isn't found out in the process."

Anno:
-Origin: Scarer
-Measure of a True Monster (Free), It's All About Presence!
-Scare Floor: Import (Gria Base Form), Scaly, Sinister Slither (Free), Fire Breathing

"I'll be maintaining a life among the monsters and - should Jeremy need it - can aid. That's of course assuming Ashie is incapable."

Nester (the Horse):
-Scare Floor: Import (Horse), Fluffy, Look At You, You've Got Your Own Climate!, Beefed Up Beast

[Neighing Noises]

Whistler (the Dog)
-Scare Floor: Import (Dog), Fluffy, Huff 'N' Puff (free), Look At You, You've Got Your Own Climate!, Beefed Up Beast

[Woofing Noises]

>>47245098
1 - Franken Fran
2 - 8-Bit Theatre
4 - Wuxia
5 - Super Smash Brothers
6 - Overlord
8 - Dark Souls
>>
Can companions take drawbacks in the overlord jump? I want to give 'im level one hundred and 400cp is not enough
>>
>>47245098
>SRW

Umm, I'm gonna suggest AVOIDING this one for now?

Seriously. Power levels are fucking off the charts and reaching 'universe-breaking' levels.
>>
>>47245340
I...hadn't thought of that. Wait a second, the jump is based off the original generation, I don't remember them reaching universe breaking levels?
>>
>>47245385
>OG

Okay so, still bullshit - but not universe-breaking.

Still I don't think our Fighting Robot is ready - he doesn't even have a mech yet!
>>
>>47245408
Didn't he just get a Ryder? Are those any good?
>>
>>47245417
... Oh shit he did in Sunrider, huh...

Ummm, quick, think of more excuses to stave off death by robot wars. Uuuuh...

The Ryder's not strong enough quite yet to deal with the BS flung around in that universe, he needs a few imports to get it up and running.
>>
>>47245315
A cowboy in Wuxia.

Excuse me, I need to get my popcorn.
>>
>>47245451
You...DO realize he get's a mech in-jump, right? In fact, he can even get the MC's mech.
>>
Anyone have any suggestions for deciding on my Cauldron Vial power? Do I just random on the superpower wiki and adjust for a mid-level parahuman power?
>>
>>47245582
The ability to finally create a hybrid between apples and oranges.
>>
>>47245582
Powerlisting wiki always works for DIY powers if you're actually willing to be reasonable and not take omnipotence at first chance, so I don't see an issue with that.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d8)

>>47245105
--World 50: Final Fantast Tactics Advance--

- STAGE SELECT: Ivalice - "H-huh?"
- DESIGNATION: Drop-In - "Just me!"
- FORMAT: Bangaa - "What is this. What is this material."
- CLASS: Warrior - "Make it stop."
- UPGRADES:
- Bonecrusher - "What?"
- Critical: Berserk - "Why do I feel so... ANGRY!?"
- Ribbon Bearer - "Nobody gets petrified today!"
- Unlootable - "And nobody gets robbed either."
- Dream Team - "Sharp, me, you're in!" (Sharp - Viera - "Almost like a Mimiga!", Distaff Counterpart Folke - Bangaa - "It only makes sense for me to be like me!")
- GET EQUIPPED:
- Moogle Tinkerer - "My name's Kapra Korpu! You're very interesting, kupo!"
- Hero Medal - "Whoo!"
- Materia Blade - "WEAPON GET: M. BLADE"
- Elemental Shield (Lightning) - "WEAPON GET: E. SHIELD"
- NEXT STOP

"Make it stop. Make this sensation stop!"

"Why is everything so squishy?"

"I could have sworn these were smaller."

"Just a hint, you three can always change back once you're done here."

"..."

"And all three of them have forgotten to keep breathing. Dr. Keyes, I'm afraid this is officially your problem."

"I expected as much."

>1. Bel Man
>2. Emblem Man
>3. Wing Woman
>4. Imperium Man
>5. Liger Man
>6. Lion Man
>7. Ghost Woman
>8. Soul Man
>>
>>47245582
Maybe try a random word generator, and base the power on it?
That's what the CYOA General Worm CYOA did, when it wasn't busy desperately trying to be Jumpchain.

Or base the power around the personality of the user. Or pretty much any other creative process.

Don't forget to go super creative with this shit either; Worm powers can do nearly anything, and a girl with the power to control arthropods was ability to take over an entire city. It's all about how you use it.

If you're not feeling creative you could always try sifting through the Worm wiki or even fanfic to find something.
I remember one fanfic were somebody got the ability to sorta stop time for themselves and go through walls and fly slowly, but only as long as they held their breath.
>>
>>47245745
So. Narnia.

How does Jesus-Lion feel about machines in the likeness of man? Would such a thing be a blasphemy, a case of Man attempting to equal and surpass God?
>>
>>47245870
Aslan is a Crystal Dragon Jesus, so should care far more about your soul than your shell.
>>
File: red-steel-2-wallpaper-1.jpg (539 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
red-steel-2-wallpaper-1.jpg
539 KB, 1920x1200
>>47245456
Konichiwa, pardner.

>>47245088
>>47245315
Hook a wrangler up with a replacement for #4.
"Let us never speak of 'at again."

"My calculations say a total of two unsuccessful escapes over a ten-year-period suggest that, while you need to work on your stealth and subterfuge, it wasn't all that bad."

"Bastion, I suspect he means the other two.

"WHAT IN THE SAM BLAZES ARE MY GUN AND A DRAGON ARGUIN' OVER-"

"I suggest running, they're looking your direction now."

>Wuxia - Jump 29
Place: Generic Wuxia Setting
Background: Monk - "Well I guess I'm up f'r somma that high-flyin' fiddle faddle."

Martial Arts:
-Ki Accumulation (Free) - "Oooh. This ain't half-bad."
-The Art of Yun-Woo - "Awww this'un's PERFECT!"
-Aikido
-Deja-Fu - "Now how the blazes does this thin' work- OW WHAT JES' POKED ME IN THE EYE."

Artefacts and Allies:
-Student (Free - Import Anno) - "My eyes are up here, missy."
--Weapon User, Tiger Style
-Book of Secret Techniques (Pressure Points)
-Green Destiny Sword - "Hmm... Well there goes 'at old rinky-dink scrapper I was usin', come ta pappy."

Drawbacks:
-Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting (+0) - "H'oh lawdy."
-Celestial Audit (+100) - "Get me some Old Towse, I can't deal wit' their whinin'."
-Dishonor to the School (+300) - "Time f'r a hunt, ya say?"
-You Look Tired, Wanderer (+100) - "Oh not again."
>>
>>47245963
Aquaria.
>>
>>47245870
>A case of Man...
Not really. Light wanted to create his robots as a family, and to help mankind. If anything, that's something that even the Old Testament God would appreciate. Jesus-Lion would be just fine with you. Also, this >>47245921. You're fine.
>>
>>47245963
Mushoku Tensei
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>47245967
Time ta go fishin'.
... whaddya mean I'm the fish.

1 - Franken Fran
2 - 8-Bit Theatre
4 - Aquaria
5 - Super Smash Brothers
6 - Overlord
8 - Dark Souls

>>47245982
Slotted in for after.
>>
>>47245921
>>47245972
And there was much rejoicing.
>>
>>47245989
You're about to find out!
>>
Rolled 3 (1d8)

>>47245745
Shooould come out to 1000 spent exactly.

--World 51: The Chronicles of Narnia--

- DESIGNATION: Drop-In - "Everything's back to normal... right?"
- STAGE SELECT: Tashbaan, Calormen - "Who what where?"
- UPGRADES:
- Claim To Hospitality - "Aww, you guys!"
- Extensive Education - "Let me show you my databanks!"
- Heart of a Child - "This is me, for all it's worth."
- Narnian Time - "Chronal Stabilizer upgrade... complete! All chronometers recalibrated!"
- GET EQUIPPED:
- Fairy Stories - "It's all books?"
- Horn of Desperation - "If I ever need this..."
- Clock of Ages - "Dr. Jay wanted this, but I'm not sure what FOR."
- NEXT STOP

"You know what I don't get?"

"What, Folke?"

"The technology here isn't right for it, so how did that frog talk and why was he so sad?"

"Dunno, don't really question these things anymore. I'm a bit more interested in the lion."

"He didn't say much, and I didn't understand a lot of what he did say, but what I did understand was... very nice, actually. He also wished me good fortune, which is an odd thing for a lion to wish me but welcome nonetheless."

Thanks for the heads-up, >>47245972 and >>47245921 !

That clock is probably going to be sitting with the Briefcase of Melange, in the "things Dr. Jay wanted for no discernible reason" pile.

>1. Bel Man
>2. Emblem Man
>3. Wing Woman
>4. Imperium Man
>5. Liger Man
>6. Mecha Man
>7. Ghost Woman
>8. Soul Man
>>
File: 200_s_.gif (24 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s_.gif
24 KB, 200x200
Neverwinter Nights
> Age: 16 [Rolled2]
> Plot: Hordes of the Underdark [Rolled3]
> Archetype: Drop In
> Race: Kobold [Get a Freebie!]
> Skilled Individual [Get a Freebie!]
> + Lore, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device
> Charismatic [-100CP]
> Trickery: Bard [-200CP]
> Montage [-300CP]
> Arcane Pact: Fey [-400CP]
> Wallet [Get a Freebie!]
> Scroll Collection [-200CP]
> Double Down [Get a Freebie!]
> Damned Thieving Drow [+200CP]
> Bonus Objective: Pfft' you call that Endless?

Once upon a time, an elf fucked a kobold.
The end.

Actually, I like NWN2 better, even the incredibly hackneyed first campaign, but I don't actually like Faerun enough as a setting that I'd enjoy them as a person, nor is there anything from those campaigns I really care to get (I mean, I can't exactly steal all the King of Shadows' powers). So really any plot is as good as any other.

Anyway, I'll just spend my time mapping Undermountain and looting it and studying magic. I got twenty years. Shouldn't be too hard.
... especially considering I can straight up walk through walls, move walls around, and otherwise just make dungeon crawling a complete joke.

Fell through the floor, broke a drow's arms and legs.
I'd actually be interested in knowing how this whole "warehouse key" business works, considering I use portals?

Now where the fuck are my pants.

Deekin said I had pretty scales and then shuffled around awkwardly for a bit.
I just stared at him until he went away.
>>
Couple of questions:1. If you have something like "this is in fact my final form " does that override something that explicitly says that abilities are only available in a specific alternate form?
2. Does infectious bite from Van Helsing count as a power for purposes of amazo backup data?
>>
>>47246696
What are forms that explicitly say that?
>>
>>47246696
>2
No.
>>
>>47246133
Sekirei?
>>
>>47246934
Well NGE Angel for one.
>>
>>47246934
I'm specifically asking about the avatar form from TOME: terrain of magical excellence
>>47246971
that one as well? Well it's not like I usually hang out as a quarter foot ring of plasma.
>>47246944
okay thank you for your answer
>>
>>47245330
Generally they can't unless it says they can.
>>
>>47245330
Not taking it yourself?
>>
>>47245330
Remember, if you import a companion with the "A Custom NPC"option, that NPC (companion) will have "Level One Hundred" if you bought that perk. And the same with "Realm of Heroes".

If you want to make your companion lvl100 while you don't have it yourself, you might be out of luck.
>>
>>47245082
Reposting my question. Keeping missing Worm_Anon...

Anyway, from EVO does Personal Analysis only work with a biological body, or does it also work for me if I'm a robot or for my cybernetics? Also, if I'm technorganic, could I evolve tech stuff with the other options in the jump?

S&S with the Eye of Set, I'm unsure if it's supposed to help when using it as a component in a ritual, or if it works with both that and normal spellcasting. I'm guessing both? And would the Weight Upon The Brow start changing relatively quickly if you take the jump late since you'd be pretty impressive already, or would it go really slow since you need to be more glorious, charismatic, and strong compared to the point you were at when you take the jump?

Sherlock Holmes, if you import a weapon into The Cane, is it indestructable in weapon form as well?

And finally, Worm's Alexandria Package, what does its Manton Effect protect against outside of the jump? Does it help with magic, psionics, reality warping, or conceptual shit being thrown at you, or just physical/'deterministic' superpower stuff? Also, does the Shard Power growing with time/use thing mean I just start getting stronger, tougher, faster, and smarter all the time?
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>47241878
>>47245191

Just to check-if you take Chosen of Raphael as well as Dormant Power does the latter's effect overwrite whatever angel's powerset you gained via Chosen of Raphael or is the powerset kept like the equivalent for Demonic fusion?

Also how much greater would a Power's powers (no pun intended) be after being buffed to Virtue levels?
>>
>>47248295
Keep the powers, become an angel-Gundam

A Lot or at least twice as srtong if going by CP
>>
How far, generally speaking, can one fanwank Jump-chan and the terms of the Contract of the Jumps?

The question of who Jump-chan is to a Jumper had me thinking, and now I have the perfect answer to her and my entire Jumpchain.
>>
File: image.jpg (256 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256 KB, 707x1000
How survivable is Magical Index?
>>
>>47248834
Depends how interesting you make it.
>>
>>47248834
Long as what you fanwank doesn't give you some extra advantage I doubt anyone minds what you decide.
>>
>>47248851
Hopefully I can.

Just need to tighten up a few things here and there. Will post the pastebin soonish.
>>
>>47248835
Not very if you want to get involved in the plot.
>>
>>47248864
'kay, I'll be careful in that regard.
>>
>>47248887
Damn, I'm in need of a magician companion. Any suggestions for a female magician in a survivable setting for Jumper in Mid 20s in the chain? Don't have too many crazy shit.
>>
>>47248835
Well if you want to take Imagine Breaker you get drawn into Index tier bullshit due to a mandatory drawback, Index tier bullshit is not even remotely survivable even for most jumpers. There is a character that has the ultimate I Just Win Hax and that isn't even top tier.

>>47248992
500 points in The Witcher to get Yen, Triss, or any other sorceress you want from that setting.
>>
>>47248992
Don't listen to >>47249083

The girls in the witcher are bad, bad waifus. They're all huge gigasluts who sleep around with any and everything all the time.
>>
>>47249091
Eh, no more than anyone else in the setting.
>>
>>47249091
Still better than heading into Index unprepared when the best power has a mandatory "deal with the threats Index has to offer" drawback.

>>47248835
Haha, no.
>>
>>47249111
That's true, just saying.
>>
>>47248992
How about Magi? You can get a magician companion there.
>>
>>47248992
Why are you not a magician nine times already?
>>
>>47245582
It's admittedly for something completely different but these can serve as decent starting points for powers.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/taMYslqlqyJhw_HArxQZfwQ/htmlview?pli=1#
>>
>>47245582
Check out the Futhark Generator, the Worm fanfic community made it. Add in a random word to flavor the power set and it works great. http://futharkgeneratorphp.nfshost.com/
>>
MY KIDNEYS!
OH GOD, HE RIPPED OUT MY KIDNEYS!
>>
>>47248992
Big tittied police girl from hellsing.

Close enough.
>>
>>47248835
Let's put it this way. One of the major antagonists is described in RPG terms as having the four generic commands, Fight, Defend, Magic, Item, in addition to another one unique to himself, Win. Literally, he can just win against someone just like that because his power adjusts to his enemy so that he can defeat them with the exact necessary amount of power, no more and no less. He's not even limited by just one person being his enemy, since he essentially started WW3 to make the entire world his enemy. This guy is not even close to the toppest tier villains, with one of them being someone who destroyed all of reality and then reshaped it to her liking hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of times, with seemingly no effort.

If you want to get involved in the plot, you're almost certainly going to die.
>>
>>47249322
Just because her breasts are magical doesn't make her a Mage, anon.
>>
>>47249322
Everyone needs a big tittied police girl but that does not make her a magician.
>>
>>47249316
Umm, if he ripped out more than one, you might have an issue.

On the other hand, he just made just over half a million dollars
>>
>>47249331
And keep in mind one of the best powers in the setting has a mandatory drawback that puts you up against "Index Level" threats, Index Level means bullshit.
>>
File: S640x480sras.jpg (755 KB, 1275x1542) Image search: [Google]
S640x480sras.jpg
755 KB, 1275x1542
>>47249368
>>47249370
But she does magic things like, uhh, the arm thing.

That's magic.
>>
>>47249331
Don't forget the last gal you talked about is considered a complete scrub by all her peers who live in their private subdimension.

And as of the latest arc, Crowley is /slaughtering/ said peers due to a combination of having slapped an anti-magic curse on them when he seemingly lost his temper and survived a fight with them on their own turf beforehand, a number of Academy City technologies apparently custom tailored to shooting them down and someone who's basically a more cynical Touma. Down to having his own bullshit, on par with Imagine Breaker-hand and reality-warping harem.
>>
>>47249421
Awesome, Yes. Supernatural, also Yes. Magic, we have no fucking clue.
>>
>>47249421
Teach her alchemy and the force?
Bam.
Super titty wizard girl.
>>
>>47249443
I am beginning to wonder how the IB wank fests got started. How do you escape that setting alive? Did they just hide in their warehouses for ten years?
>>
So.... in Shin Megami Tensei

World of Chaos/Order puts a compulsion to continually fight angels/demons but no punishment for not killing them all.

But is says "arrived too late" Does it mean we arrivejust after the ending?

Also, remind me of the timeline, there was a timeskip somewhere along the line wasnt it?
>>
>>47249486
Don't get involved in the plot. Have nice SoL adventures and hope that's entertaining enough for the Benefactor.
>>
>>47249506
There is a mandatory drawback for IB that forces you into Alister Fucking Crowley's plans. It also states explicitly that those plans involve you fighting.
>>
>>47249486
Evangelion jump's "Plane ticket out of here"

Probably the best purchase ever.

Most of the time its just a plane to Mexico.

Nothing interesting ever happens there.
>>
>>47249543
See>>47249529
>>
>>47249443
Well reverse-Imagine Breaker. Imagine Breaker forces things to become real, breaking the changes to physics involved in magic or esper powers. World Rejector forces things to become unreal, essentially erasing them from existence. Though in practice, since it can do that to magic, too, it's less reverse-IB and more IB+. Especially since it has ranged capability and can be suppressed if Kamisato doesn't want to use it. He's kind of super broken, which is saying something in a series already full of super broken characters.
>>
>>47249554
Oh wow, that power is technically just reversed IB, the setting is survivable with Real Eater!
>>
>>47249584
Stop forgetting Real Eater can't make things more powerful than they are baka faggot anon
>>
>>47249597
It doesn't have to! The setting explicitly states that they are equally powerful, it is just that the other one can be used in more broken ways. When I said that it was a reversed IB I meant it literally, it is literally equal and opposite to Imagine Breaker.
>>
>>47249486

>How do you escape that setting alive? Did they just hide in their warehouses for ten years?

I think I remember Reploid ruling that the whole reality being rewritten thing doesn't count as dying as long as their not intentionally trying to kill you, and as long as it gets turned back to normal.

>>47249529

However with this the only thing I can thing of is getting the Media Collection, hoping it has not yet released stuff as well, having a lot of diplomacy perks, and hoping you can convince Crowley that your more useful not dying horribly.

Which is probably unlikely since the other mandatory drawback is bad luck.
>>
>>47249584
>>47249597

Besides, woulnt imagine breaker be inmune to other powers?

Besides, IB forces normal reality. Woulnt inverting it just turn everyhting around it into warp fuckery?
>>
>>47249619
You'd think, but no, World Rejector can overpower Imagine Breaker. Like I said, it's pretty OP.
>>
Speaking of the Witcher, the jump we have for it doesn't seem very clear or well structured. What's worth doing there anyway? Can the Witcher creating process even be rediscovered?

>>47249627
Uh, how on earth is a starting jumper even meant to survive a year let alone ten in that crazy mess.
>>
>>47249651
It's basically just a dark fantasy world full of monsters.
>>
You know, now i think about it...

IB caan actually protect you from curses and some spells, on basis that its glued to you. and apparently, still lets you use your powers.

On the Xmen CU jump, an Omega level teleporter can telefrag, and doesnt need physical contact to teleport stuff.

Would it be possible to just start telefragging granades on people'sheads and hide behing IB for when the post-death curses start flying around?
>>
I want to hear what cool things people want to do with their other Esper powers desu, not imagine breaker.
>>
>>47249613
In that case, you've activated trap card #2: Namely that Real Eater can't change the source of things.

>>47249627
And you're not being logically coherent-either it's equal to IB and can't overpower it or it's stronger so it can. Stop trying to have your cake and eat it.
>>
>>47249688
He's basically making a distinction between what we see and what the series says. We see it beating the shit out of IB, but the writer INSISTS they're equal.
>>
>>47249627
But if it can overpower imagine breaker, then they are not equal opposites...

Besides, the most broken superpower is a terrible measure Anon...

It's like medaka's "im better than everyone at everything"'s power compared to Ajimu's(?) "trillion abilites and like 10 about being god"'s
>>
>>47249554
>>47249627
That isn't exactly how WR works, it functions by exiling a target to a different timeline and it doesn't need to affect IB directly to send it away. WR is a lot more broken in it's applications but it and IB are literally and conceptually equal and opposite of each other.

>>47249688
They are the embodiment of the two biggest desires of magicians, the power to change the world and the power to reset it. They both have the same source and again WR doesn't need to overpower IB.
>>
>>47249455
>Super titty wizard girl.
Magic truly is magical
>>
>>47249702

Is the writer counting the weird plot device dragon thing that's still almost never relevant for that?
>>
>>47249688
>>47249704
I never said it was an equal opposite, just an opposite. I outright said that World Rejector was super OP, I don't know where you're getting "exactly as powerful". They're qualitatively equal but quantitatively different.
>>
>>47249702
IF real breaker or whatever GAVE people superpowers or made magic stronger or made reality more animu-like ON CONTACT then i would belive that shit but "Rejects reality so it can erase powers and basically is super god" that just jerking off to powerlevels on level with golden god-superman.

Not even Kuma had this much bullshit on All Fiction.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

No pic, because wouldn't ya know it there's no cowboy fish people images anywhere.

>>47245963
>>47245989
"Look, 'm tryin' ta figure out how I kin teach this 'Deja-Foo' thing an' it ain' workin' out."

"Given what the text described of it, even I am not certain how one could render it down basic enough."

"Perhaps I can run some tests after recording and analyzing some feats you perform with this art?"

"Jes' gimme a person ta knock about his upper story an' I can do that just fine."

>Aquaria - Jump 30
"Wait jes' a second."
Body: Vedha - "WHY'M I A FISH."
Starting Location: The Kelp Forest
Reason: Autonomy

Abilities:
-Aquatic Adaptation (Free)
-Unveiled (Free)
-Shaper's Melody - "What tha hell..."
-Melodic Expectation - "Song-based danger sense, eh..."
-Maestro - "Wait wot the hell."
-Choirmaster

Items & Companions:
-Cooking Pot (Free)
-Mother's Lullaby - "..."
-Shoal (400 CP)

Drawbacks:
-Swim for your Life! (+200)
-Echo Chamber (+100)
>>
>>47249712
Both of them kill magic though. That's stupid.
>>
>>47249767
GAH. MATH FUCK-UP ON MY PART. Hold on, lemme double-check shit.
>>
>>47249091
Ciri?
>>
>>47249767
>>47249786

Okay yeah, easy fix - just need to drop Choirmaster.

1 - Franken Fran
2 - 8-Bit Theatre
4 - Mushoku Tensei
5 - Super Smash Brothers
6 - Overlord
8 - Dark Souls

As for that dice roll... oh what the hell nobody told me Deadly DDR would be a thing.

Can this guy even dance.
>>
>>47249790
I don't know about the games, but in the books yes.
>>
>>47249712
That's two different desires.

That's.

That's not the same source, dude.

>>47249702
In that case I fully expect IB to pull out some new bullshit power to beat it somewhere down the line.

>>47249754
>The new property must be of a similar type and strength as the old one. You can change an immunity to 'poison' into an immunity to 'disease', but not into an immunity to 'nuclear explosions'. It cannot remove negative effects, but it might be able to change them. A skill that makes someone 'tired' might now make them 'nauseous'. It cannot change the source of a power, like turning a magicbased skill into a kibased one
>similar type
>type
>super OP
>>
>>47249702
>>47249704
>>47249784

They never go against each other! Understand that RW does fuck all to anything it "erases". Things "erased" by RW are not erased or even harmed in any way, the power works by messing with time lines to exile it's target to a different one. It doesn't have the range issue of IB because it doesn't affect what it is "negating" it affects time!

If anyone is worried about being hit by this power don't be, those exiled are said to be alive. It may actually be a good way to escape the danger of the setting.
>>
>>47249754
IT could have stayed with an asshole wizard trying to take over the world or whatever but Noooooo it had to start throwing relity warper after reality warper and literal god after literal god.

Now its become a comletely retarded power-wankfest that will need World-Rejector levels of stupidity, plotholes and cop-outs to even write an actual ending.
>>
>>47249807
Based on what I've read I refuse to accept it as a solution for anything ever just on principle.
>>
>>47249807
Being forced to exist in some hellish alternate reality is not acceptable.
>>
>>47249807
Just need to make sure he doesn't 'exile' something dangerous behind you, after you fucked off into another one?

Sounds... almost too easy.
>>
>>47249803
>similar type
>type
>super OP
Okay, I think you may have gotten confused. I'm the anon who first started talking about World Rejector, not the one who decided that Real Eater should be able to replicate it. There's been no self-contradiction, because the statements were made by two different people.
>>
Oh boy, more Raildex nonsense and I've barely had my morning coffee.
>>
>>47249754
I think you mean
>quantitatively equal but qualitatively different.
>>
>>47249651
Going Science Side, and staying the fuck out of Magic Side.
>>
>>47249842
No. They work on similar qualities ("makes real" vs. "makes unreal"), but if you were to quantify their power I'd rank World Rejector as the stronger one.
>>
>>47249838
Oh, alright. Sorry about the confusion.

>>47249836
This. I mean he's going around bitchslapping the other Magic Gods so he's bound to send lots of nasty shit in the same direction.
>>
>>47249802
You mean from when she was coerced into a sexual relationship by the other chick while she was stuck in a gang?
>>
>>47249864
>Oh, alright. Sorry about the confusion.
It's okay. Hey, at least this was the sort of argument that was just a misunderstanding, right? Better than the alternatives.
>>
>>47249455
>Super titty magic girl
Silly anon, Hellsing is not Dragons Crown.
>>
>>47249874
Or the time she fucked an elf. Does that count? I know it's not gay if it's with an elf, and not rape if it's with an elf, but is it still sex if it's with an elf?
>>
>>47246962
I bet.
>>
>>47249841
Already into my second cup, famalam, and am half reading the thread and binging GoT
>>
>>47249886
When did that happen?
>>
>>47249874
And a few other situations aside from that.

Look. In the Witcher, everybody sleeps with everybody.

Yes. Even the troll.
>>
>>47249845
Isn't ww3 with biribiri clones a thing on science side?
>>
>>47249853
Qualitative means the quality of the thing not the qualities that it has.

They are equal in magnitude (quantity) but RW is Qualitatively better due to it's function having many more broken implications making it of higher Quality.

RW "beat" IB because It had not need to over power it, the two powers function differently and RW had no need to do anything to IB in order to get rid of it. Keep in mind that RW does literally fuckall to what it "erases", it just fucks with time so that the thing just stops being there.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.