[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to run a Pathfinder campaign with a sort of Arthurian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 43545.jpg (25 KB, 295x475) Image search: [Google]
43545.jpg
25 KB, 295x475
I want to run a Pathfinder campaign with a sort of Arthurian setting. What are some good sourcebooks to consult? I've already seen Relics and Rituals: Excalibur. Are there any others? I cannot into geography, so anything that has a good map of Arthurian England would be helpful.
>>
Hopeful bump.
>>
>>47236422
GURPS has a good Arthurian sourcebook.
>>
>>47236748
Link:
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/camelot/
>>
File: 485map.jpg (4 MB, 1666x2500) Image search: [Google]
485map.jpg
4 MB, 1666x2500
>>47236422
It's not Pathfinder, but the Pendragon RPG is all about playing knights in Arthurian Britain and has a lot of information about the period.

I'd actually recommend running it over Pathfinder for that particular setting but I'm biased. Google Pendragon 5.1 if you're interested.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>47236422
Don't run Pathfinder. If you've got to use something crunchy, use GURPS.

If you want something to run something lighter at its core and are okay with picking and choosing classes and such, use D&D 5e.

I've not played Pendragon so I can't vouch for it, but it sounds like it'd be worth checking out based on what >>47236794 says.
>>
>>47236794
I am a poorfag. :( Got any pdfs?
>>
>>47236833
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pendragon+5.1+pdf

Should be the first result.

>>47236828
Pendragon's based on Chaosium's Basic Roleplaying, the same system used by Runequest. Except it uses a d20 instead of a d%, but it has the same stats and everything for the most part.
>>
Pendragon by Chaosium. Has a good section on what characters in an Arthurian setting would know. System focuses on glory, ambition, lineage, ideals, passions, holdings, chivalric duties, the hunt, romance, religion, and adventuring. The sourcebook also contains a removable map of Logres (Arthur's Kingdom).
>>
File: symbol.jpg (329 KB, 813x719) Image search: [Google]
symbol.jpg
329 KB, 813x719
I took out my copy of Pendragon because of this thread, and I noticed pic related protected by a piece of tape on the first page. Anybody know the significance?
>>
>>47237127
It means you're the rightful King of the Britons. Congrats.
>>
>>47236422
What >>47236794 said. Ditch Pathfinder, use Pendragon. Best medieval system I've ever played.
>>
>>47236422
> I cannot into geography, so anything that has a good map of Arthurian England would be helpful.

Don't call it England, for starters.
>>
>>47236877

Pages 203-204: Rules for cucking.

OP, you know what you need to do.
>>
File: 1457582888562.jpg (3 MB, 1267x1900) Image search: [Google]
1457582888562.jpg
3 MB, 1267x1900
Here's a map that includes Ireland
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.