[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uncreative Wizard needs help with spell ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
So my DM has us create new spells every so often as we advance through the ranks of the local wizard college. My wizard is a conjurist and I've run out of ideas as to what a 2nd level spell of that school might consist of. Backstory of being a minter and banker. Help a guy out.
>>
>>47235959
I'm going to guess this is some flavor of D&D you're talking about, but which one specifically?
>>
It's Pathfinder, that's my fault.
>>
File: We just dont know.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
We just dont know.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>47235959

I have the same problem. Homebrew setting Pyro-mage here, with the ability to summon, control, quench or cast fire.

Until then I only have 3 powers, and I can't think of more for my next lvl up :

>Flame control/Fireball/Firestream

>Flame Teleport (can teleport myself in a fire and come out unscathed, great to panic-dodge any incoming blow if I set anything on fire before)

>Summon a Fire Horse. It's a thrall, with no will of his own.

I'm partially immune/resistant to fire (lava kills me, but a bonfire/pyre/stake/fireplace is fine)

Do you have any creative ideas that I could suggest to my GM ?
>>
>>47235959

What have you come up with so far?
>>
>>47235959
how about a level 2 version of demiplane that conjures a purse which leads to its own pocket dimension which he can put stuff in for safe keeping? not a bag of holding, just a literal purse to put gems and coins in. i think theres a chest spell like that in d&d?

or a spell where you lose some hp, it puts that into a temp hp pool for you, and the temp hp pool gains interest every round? up to a maximum of course (?).

uh what else do minters and bankers like. a spell that lets you change precious gems and gold objects into coins of equal value?
>>
>>47235959
The DM has you CREATE spells? That's unusual, not to mention very prone to abuse.

Nonetheless, here's one from the olden times of fun-over-function:
>Cabalistic Chant of Cabbage
>Casting time: 1 action
>Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes
>Components: V, S
>Description:
>The caster waves his hands in the air while ululating. Out of his sleeves pours 1cu. ft/caster level of exfoliated cabbage. This produces exactly the result expected: a lot of cabbage.

It was hilarious at the time and it's the only conjuration spell I can remember making.
>>
>>47237551
Is that 1cu. ft/caster level per minute, or total?
>>
>>47236887
Flint-powder, or bomb power. You charge with a touch attack (or keep charging with touch attacks), and can detonate it at will.

>>47235959
Summon Spell Components. They are drawn from a privately-mantained supply. To cast the spell people must pay a small monthly fee (eg: 3 casts per month); you use your own conjured creatures to keep the stock full
>>
>>47238387
forgot to add: it's *your* stock. they pay to you to access your spell component stash via spell summoning
>>
>>47235959
Perhaps he could summon an imp or similar lesser devil for the express purpose of making sure a contract is followed to the letter. If for example, a loan isn't paid back on time, the devil sees to it that it does. Spell components could be the fee or somesuch.
>>
>>47237446
Hey that's kinda cool, not OP, but what would you use as a fair equation for generating interest? Sounds like it could stack fast, depending on how fast it could be allowed to compound
>>
>>47235959
"Conjure Maguffin"
Once a day, allows you to conjure the exact thing you need at that moment
>>
>>47240278
or alternatly
"Conjure MacGuffin"
MacGuffin is an irate [whatever is closest to scottsman in your setting], annoyed that some idiot wizard is now able to summon him from anywhere ever.
So powerful is this spell that the unfortunate MacGuffin is now functionally immortal, because even if he is to die, he'll be alive again next time he is summoned.
MacGuffin is the owner of a Pub and regularly spawns holding a beer.
>>
I've always thought it would be useful to make a demiplane pocket to keep your spellbook in. Like, not even a bag of holding but just like a backpack-sized plane you can pull stuff out of from thin air. That way you don't need to actually physically carry anything.
>>
>>47235959
Create Beer
>Same as Create Water, but beer
Summon Stocks Broker
>Summons a broker fairy that allows you invest in stocks like gold, mithral, dragon livers etc...
>>
File: youwork.jpg (108 KB, 602x915) Image search: [Google]
youwork.jpg
108 KB, 602x915
Summon unreliable dark spirit
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.