[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /tg/ I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a BBEG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9
File: BBEG.jpg (95 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
BBEG.jpg
95 KB, 750x600
Sup /tg/ I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a BBEG for my campaign. So let me ask you this /tg/, If you were a BBEG in a fantasy setting, what would you look like and how would you conquer the world?
>>
>>47228180
Fat, ugly and utter failure at being a BBEG. Spends his days wallowing in self-pity with other failed evil overlords.
>>
>>47228180
I'd want to be some sort of necromancer, individually capable enough to focus on my goals while cutting down on potential traitors. Then I would set about first replacing the leadership of powerful nations with controlled patsies and subsequently keeping them in constant states of war against each other so as to profit with my skeleton-staffed industries and also retain an unending supply of workers. Eventually I would emerge out of nowhere as charismatic unifier and savior to lead the warring nations against some external threat and eventually swoop the world up into one empire as the benevolent Lich Dictator.
>>
Some sort of rich mogul prick with a widespread dominating buisness presence. My existence would be the keystone to the entire operation. To take me down would destabilize the economy of the entire nation and/or nations and put countless people out of work and into the streets. "Too big to fail" indeed. An economic victory Civ Style.
>>
File: Oda.jpg (125 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
Oda.jpg
125 KB, 424x600
>>47228180
Why conquer the world? I have never ran a BBEG who wanted to conquer the world, ruling it would be too much work. Sometimes all you need a villain who wants to conquer a country, or region, or even just a city.

I guess you asked for specifics though. Last campaign I ran was an Asian-style RP and the BBEG was basically heavily inspired by Oda Nobunaga. His whole deal was that all the blood and warfare of the warring states of his country needed to be brought together... by force and iron-rule if necessary. That only a skilled and disciplined warrior like himself truly had what it took to maintain peace and stability and keep petty power-hungry schemers and would-be tyrants from constantly throwing away lives in endless bitch-fit fights against eachother. To this end he relied mainly on zelous soldiers that believed in his cause, but wasn't opposed to using ANYTHING that worked, including bribery, assassination, ect. While his opponents merely "played" at war, or deluded themselves with rules of "honor" and "tradition", he was in it to win, and anything less than that was unacceptable.

The players wern't opposing him though, they were working for him. The whole campaign was meant to be an "evil campaign" from the point of view of the "evil" group.
>>
File: 1461156998181.jpg (28 KB, 314x250) Image search: [Google]
1461156998181.jpg
28 KB, 314x250
>>47228180
I remember there was a picture with a bunch of different villain archetypes which I used for my BBEG ideas. Some were things like Pauldron Lord or Evil Diplomat I think. Haven't been able to find the pic in ages and I really wish I could.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>47228236
Ditto. I'm an underachiever in real world, and wouldn't fare any better in fantasy one. I wouldn't have the skills or even the desire to recruit an evil organization to work for me, nor I would want to conquer anything. I'd be the worst at BBEGing.
>>
File: hora.jpg (48 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
hora.jpg
48 KB, 350x400
If you're going to be evil, it's gotta be one of two ways:
>the chaotic evil force of nature
Essentially a terrasque in human-esque form. It wrecks, it tanks, it wrecks some more, it moves on. Why does it do what it does? It just does. Could be a demon bound to a human or even some actual manifestation of destruction given physical form

OR...
>The smug/classy(?) lawful evil
This is beyond setting-dependent how/why he operates behind the scenes, but he'd otherwise fit right in with upper-class society. These are you bored vamps, your Giovanni's. The kind of guy that, when the showdown finally happens, he just smirks at you, flings a few insults about how you're actually worse than him (you have any idea how many of my underlings you slaughtered? Those bloodstains won't be easy to get off my carpet, and nigh impossible to cleanse from your soul) before being all like "but if you big 'heroes' are going to make me play the role of a villain, then so be it". The monologue IS vital.

Something I actually want to do some day, is have the bbeg, and it is VERY obviously the bbeg, follow the party around starting at level 2, because they find the party entertaining. Like pic related, but not pic related
>>
File: nox_by_yamiyonofen-d7upmcp.png (1 MB, 744x1043) Image search: [Google]
nox_by_yamiyonofen-d7upmcp.png
1 MB, 744x1043
Very powerful, uniquely potent special abilities, army of henchmen, robots, giant doomsday device and ancient artifact. Most importantly, give me an evil motivation (genocide, for example) that has a "good" ulterior motive, one that even the heroes would pursue if placed in the same situation.

My favorite villains are the ones who, when you get all of the information they have, you can't help but say to yourself "yeah, I would do the same". Nox stays at the top of my list for that reason
>>
File: 123222343.jpg (764 KB, 850x1197) Image search: [Google]
123222343.jpg
764 KB, 850x1197
>>47228180

Assuming that we got sweet-ass new powers that match our personality or whatever...

I happen to be an extremely OCD-ass fucker in real life. Carry baby wipes with me wherever I go, because I can't fucking STAND getting dirty. If I got plopped into Generic Fantasyland, the first thing I'd try to do would be clean that shit up.

Of course, being the BBEG, it wouldn't stop there. Because it never does. More and more things would start to seem filthy- nature, organic life, and eventually, this depraved excuse for a world itself.

No recourse left but to wipe it all away. All of it, returned to a clean, pure void. To scrub until there is naught left but bloodstains, and even then to remove even those.

Of course without the magic villainous motivation or whatever I'd probably just fuck around or lock myself in a room.
>>
File: Zero.jpg (113 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Zero.jpg
113 KB, 1920x1080
>>47228180
If I were a BBEG, it would be all about style. You can conquer the world by force, but that only works as long as you can exert and reinforce your dominion. The better way to achieve world domination is to do it without anyone noticing. A mole here, a bribe there, an assassination when you need to, and suddenly you control everything without anyone knowing in the first place.

Of course, once the PC's find out, suddenly you have entertainment. After all, without challenge, things just get too boring.
Of course, bonus points if you have a genuinely good reason behind it all. Also fuck powers, it's all about skill.
>>
File: 1451268880587.jpg (11 KB, 264x244) Image search: [Google]
1451268880587.jpg
11 KB, 264x244
>>47228180
>what would you look like and how would you conquer the world?
World peace.
by killing all life.
>yfw
>>
>>47228180
>If you were a BBEG in a fantasy setting, what would you look like and how would you conquer the world?
Well, you’re gonna get a “the villain sees himself as the hero” response.

I’d like to be a sexy, badass necromancer. But as Jules said, that shit ain’t the truth.

I would be tall and slender, dexterous, quick on my feet, and stronger than I look, but a step short of athletic.
My strengths as a BBEG would by my ability to see my near future, either through skilled prediction or whatever magic the system allows.
Despite having a glass jaw and a low tolerance for pain, I would have a hearty constitution, able to endure labor and conditions others of my class would not bear.
I would be a well dressed member of the merchant class.
Clean shaven and youthful in appearance and extremely affable in nature, most everyone would underestimate me.
I would be seen as a nice, young man.
Using my talents, I would have quickly risen in the world of commerce.
My businesses would often feed into each other, each one setting down the infrastructure to support a massive rebellion of the local corrupt ruling class.
I would be far distanced from the rebellion and any use violence in my presence would be abhorred.
Unless it was absolutely necessary, then it would be done with ruthless efficiency.
All actions leading up to the rebellion would done as compassionately as possible.
If, let’s say, a large number of human souls were needed for a ritual, I would not grasp the low hanging fruit of the local orphanage nobody cares about. Instead, I would take the time and expense of taking over running the local prison.

Once the rebellion was in full sway, the climax of my plan would take place: the Princess.
>>
>>47229304
My plan would all lead to one perfect moment alone with the Princess.
The Princess is the young adult daughter of the local ruler.
She is the gem of the city.
She is beloved by all the citizens.
She grants the poor leniency and graces them with her smile.
She entertains suitors from all the finest families across the land.
She wears the most beautiful of clothes.
She rides in the most elegant carriage.
She enjoys riding fast, even within the city.
She even stops long enough to toss a few gold coins out the window when her carriage collides with a young woman and breaks her back, leaving the girl crying in pain, lingering in agony for days, the comfort of her lover’s arms about her barely noticed as the fever overtook her.
Her lover who had honestly not seen that coming.

In the heart of the rebellion, I would use all my influence and all the steps and measures I had carefully put into place.
I would be with the Princess when she was to be secured and we would eventually find ourselves alone together, well away from everyone.
And then I would break her fucking spine.

As for conquering the world, after the rebellion, I might very well find myself poised at the top, or near it, of a new regime.
I would put my talents to work preventing corruption and lawlessness.
I would go the Batman-gone-too-far route, form the Justice Lords, and control everyone.

If the PCs confront me with the Princess, knowing the facts of my origin, and cite that my lover was a kind woman who wouldn’t have wanted me to come to this.
If they had the right combination of skills, words, and rolls I would admit that they were right, she was kind.
I would sorrowfully surrender to them after telling them that my lover also believed in never letting injustice prevail as I broke the Princess’s fucking spine.

And that shit's the truth.
>>
You know what I'd do, I'd be the stereotypical lanky, bespectacled, wizard-type. I'd spend most of my time researching necromantic rituals, blood magic rituals, lichdom rituals, summoning rituals, etc. I'd study them to the point of mastery, then I'd write simplified versions of them in books. Simple enough for even a kobold to understand and accomplish. I'd put info on where to get all the materials, how to properly do the encantations, shit like that. I'd make multiple copies of different book, each book covers a different topic. Then I'd spread them around the world. I'd have other people copy and spread them. I'd just let my work proliferate on it's own. After that I'd retire on my own plane and just scry that shit and watch as the heroes try to stop all the wanna be conquerors.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2114x1600
>>47228180
Personally, I just made a bbeg character for a MtG story I'll be typing up soon.

I plan on him trying to collide every world together like a reverse Big Bang.
>>
>>47228180
I would like to be just like Teysa Karlov
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.