[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: NewGeneral.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
NewGeneral.png
1 MB, 1024x768
New General Picture edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: StickItImage_1430780007077.jpg (267 KB, 528x800) Image search: [Google]
StickItImage_1430780007077.jpg
267 KB, 528x800
The Eldar and our Laughing god take claim to this thread.
>>
File: itpmbsolnvmorud odnkjrs.jpg (189 KB, 1280x958) Image search: [Google]
itpmbsolnvmorud odnkjrs.jpg
189 KB, 1280x958
First for badass scions
>>
>>47226495
>SHOO SHOO SPOOKY D GHOST
>>
>>47225356
Careful anon, or >>47226439 will report you.

>>47226486
That model of the Commisaar, whenever painted, looked like it was his hand. I dunno what the brownish bit on the blade itself is called, but it always looked his hands on the model.
>>
>>47226434
remove the chicken from the center picture.
>>
>>47226495
Mods ban these kind of posts now, by the way. So I'd be careful, all it needs is one faggot to report you for it.

>>47226484
>never an edit of Eldrad doing a Dio

Also I want an Edit of this picture for ever faction... I wish I had talent.
>>
File: Best General.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Best General.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>47226434
>chikin poster still uses the wrong image

We all decided on an Uberimage for a reason damnit.
>>
>SHOO SHOO SPOOKY D GHOST
>>
>>47226561
The problem is, lots of people save the image directly from the thread that posted it. They then don't edit the image, so it often pops up as duplicate. This means people use alt pictures to get the thread going.

If people understood this, we wouldn't get into arguments.
>>
>>47226561
This picture is shit. Bottom right is the best one, why did you guys get so autistic about it anyway?
>>
>>47226561
This picture is the new gold standard. Good job anon.
>>
>>47226600
trip dubs confirm
>>
>>47226587
But it is directly from the last thread >>47223190. I know what you mean but chances are if the same person remakes each general then there is a problem there already, only less so if they kept the meme image the same.

>>47226592
I completely agree with you, it is the most recent and therefore the correct one to use but I just want one that will end this retarded bullshit.

I will not be commenting further on the OP image this thread.
>>
>>47226626
I miss understood what you meant by directly as now I think you meant the OP image from the last thread being reused which makes a lot more sense.

>I will not be commenting further on the OP image this thread.

I am a filthy liar.
>>
>>47226592
Someone didn't notice the changes, and used an old image, this continued for a few generals. sometimes people used even older images, without sprueface and chicken. Eventually, the general went several threads in a row without it.

When it was pointed out to them that they'd been missing that part, they still overlooked the genestealer addition and said, "Fuck your chicken and Tau face," not even noticing the part that was being pointed out.
>>
>last thread
>autistic guy gets pissed off he got told he can't spell "you're"
>10 post argument

>this thread
>usual general 'claim' posts
>talks about OP image
>nobody has actually asked about 40k

God damnit. Well maybe this guy >>47226530

Either way. Question time.

Crusader or Redeemer?

Hard Mode: Inquisition Codex both with their relevant +1S upgrades.
>>
>>47226670
>>47226530
>>Everyone talking about OP image
>even bringing up the autistic arguments from a previous thread.

You're all terrible.
>>
>>47226698
this.
>>
Gorethunder battery is better than the analogous vindicator squadron. Discuss
>>
File: FarsightBattlesuitAssault.jpg (814 KB, 2191x2048) Image search: [Google]
FarsightBattlesuitAssault.jpg
814 KB, 2191x2048
One of the best images from Mont'ka
>>
>>47226698
Fucking This! >>47226670 bringing up shit from last thread was probably one of the shitposters.

>>47226731
Gorethunder is better. What's there to discuss?
>>
>>47226753
>Suits don't have HoW
>>
>>47226763
>>47226698
I just wanted my question answered about the Land Raiders... Why didn't you just answer the question....
>>
>>47226731
>Discuss
That is both obscure and irrelevant as one is forged by disgusting heretics and the other is a kick ass khorne cannons
>>
>>47226670
Crusader with psybolts every time.

Redeemer for funsies, or the Salamanders detachment for S7 flamestorm cannons.
>>
>>47226789
>I just wanted my question answered about the Land Raiders
Then why even include that part before the question, asshole?

Redeemer.

No more (you)s from me.
>>
>>47226753
It's like these plastic ass photo-shop artists don't have any creativity. They just look at the models, and do the bear minimum to copy them in slightly different poses. Then add some effects. woohoo.
>>
>>47226786
>Suits don't have HoW
>Bikes do but I always forget them, even though I field up to 40
>>
>>47226753
That's not saying much since Mont'ka was a large steaming pile of shit. I'm glad someone found a kidney stone or two that they thought looked neat.
>>
>>47226818
Was just commenting on the state of these threads. Sorry anon... Thanks for replying though, would have liked your reasoning due to the other guy saying different but guess not. Note to self, don't comment on the state of 40kg...

>>47226807
Other guy says Redeemer, but I assume your reasoning is more benefit from the +1S? Would you say Crusader even against blobs?
>>
>>47226789
If you just want a question answered, just ask the question.

Don't quote shit unrelated to it, don't try to do posts as one.

/tg/ will take a pointless argument over a simple answer 9/10.
Like this
>>
>>47226763
>>47226795

36 inch range apocalyptic IC battle cannon with dreadskulls is what's to discuss. Is it a formation that might see actual tournament placings?
>>
>>47226830
Least you're not AoS. People couldn't even be assed to look at the Lizardmen models when they did the books. Posted it before. But that's AoS so leave it there.

My guess is, GW finds people on DA who could churn out 'decent' (releative) shit out in a couple of days. My mate does lots of art and he says most of the new art he sees are OK but he said they're the kind of drawings you "need to spend another good 8-12 hours on to make them good". Guess time isn't available or GW won't pay for X amount of time. Who knows.
>>
>>47226842
Guessing Dangles, seeing as WS get HoW that are almost good.
>>
>>47226854
>Note to self, don't comment on the state of 40kg...
Why type this? Note to selves are typically, you know, notes to yourself. Fuck this triggers me.
>>
>>47226875
Sorry, won't do it again. Just a thing I noticed. Could I get your opinion anyway on the Land Raiders?
>>
>>47226898
Yeah and it was a note in this thread to re-read when people reply. Fuck. Shouldn't have said anything.
>>
So, then, which of the following two lists should I bring to the LGS' tournament Sunday? We're using ITC FAQs and houserules, though it's 1250 points rather than 1850

+++ Space Marines: Imperial Fists +++

++ Battle Demi-Company ++

Chaplain: 90
5 Devastators: 150
- 4 Lascannons
1 Land Speeder: 55
- Multi-melta
9 Tacticals: 181
- Drop Pod
- Melta and Combi-Melta
10 Tacticals: 200
- Rhino
- Plasma and Combi-Plasma
5 Tacticals: 140
- Razorback
- Flamer and Combi-Flamer

++ Air Superiority Detachment ++

+ Storm Wing +
Stormraven: 200
- Multi-melta and Lascannons
Stormtalon: 115
- Skyhammer Missile Launcher
Stormtalon: 115
- Skyhammer Missile Launcher
1246/1250

OR!

+++ Decurion 1250 +++

++ Necron Decurion ++

5 Immortals: 85
- Gauss
Overlord: 125
- Phase Shifter
- Warscythe
3 Tomb Blades: 70
- 3x Particle Beamer + Nebuloscope
- 2x Shield Vanes
10 Warriors: 235
- Ghost Ark
10 Warriors: 235
- Ghost Ark
10 Flayed Ones: 130

++ Renegade Knight Detachment ++

Renegade Knight: 370
- Thermal Cannon and Reaper Chainsword

1250/1250
>>
>>47223789

But getting free shit because you bought (or didn't even buy) Battle Company, War Convocation, etc is okay?

Anniversary marine whiners are the dumbest faggots in the world.
>>
>>47226906
Redeemer is way cooler, but due to sponson's limited field of fire you can't ever hit with both flame templates, so one will be permanently useless.

Crusaders can at least converge fire on a units once or twice.
>>
>>47226890
Yup. What do WS get for their hammer of wrath that make it better?
>>
>>47226920
see
>>47226698
>>
>>47226942
Okay, so that's two to Crusader being best, one for Redeemer. But people think Redeemer is coolest.

I think I agree.

I've always wanted a Spartan for a BA or GK army, but they're not DT iirc and rather expensive.
>>
>>47226830
The images are to sell the minis. It makes sense. Concept art has the creative stuff.
>>
>>47226954

That applies to you too, Mr. "We should just let retards go unchecked" and "I have to point out every bad post from my soapbox". Who do you think you're better than when you're in this thread acting like a dipshit too?
>>
File: LaughingEldarSluts.jpg (355 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
LaughingEldarSluts.jpg
355 KB, 446x400
>>47226972
Than you.
>>
>>47226997
>he says, as he shitposts
>>
File: CircleJerk.webm (222 KB, 720x306) Image search: [Google]
CircleJerk.webm
222 KB, 720x306
>>47227019
>he says, as he shitposts a shitpost
>>
>>47226997
>laughing females image

It's ironic because the people who post these type of macros are the ones who least notice what a loser and hypocrite they are. At least others realize what they're doing when they choose to sperg or shitpost. I'd post some kind of derisive response image to mock you but that's for losers.
>>
File: fuck you gw.png (2 MB, 1535x1056) Image search: [Google]
fuck you gw.png
2 MB, 1535x1056
>>47226966
As I said.. They failed miserably for the Lizardmen bar the Slann which were great.
>>
>>47227034

Why are you still shitposting if your original goal here >>47226954 was to curtail shitposts?

Why did you even make your original post here >>47226954 if you're just going to be a humongous shitposting faggot? Please, faglord, show me more of your autistic neckbeard image collection.

How stupid do you have to be to fail to realize you've not only failed in your original purpose, but have even been dragged and baited into becoming that which you were trying to prevent?
>>
>>47226944
Err... +1 S from their tactics.

They also have
"Scarblade Strike Force" Super detatchment grant all their shit HoW when charging more than 8" or rerolls on it if they have HoW already

The "Hunting Force"Core choice for that makes all units of 5 or more hit Twice with HoW

So.. 2 s5 HoW with Shred.
Rerollable Hit&Run...
>>
If anyone, like myself (>>47226944) , was wondering what makes the WS HoW better than RW it seems that they get +1s which is I guess pretty okay.

I will keep my better bikers.
>>
>>47226966
maybe you're right and it does get the job done, but I will still call it uncreative. It just looks too clean to me. And I hate it when I can look at that picture and see what photoshop tools were used for the desired effects.
>>
>>47227065
Oh damn shred too, that is pretty nice. Rerollable hit and runs are coo, I love when my command gets a good roll with the 4d6 from my banner.

Thanks champ.
>>
>>47227055
>Why are you still shitposting if your original goal here >>47226954 was to curtail shitposts?

The point was to either gain delicious (You)'s or the smug satisfaction of being so right the other party gave up and left in shame.
>>
>>47227055
Anybody policing these threads are doing the polar opposite of the shitposting. Trying to enforce order on Chaos is best left to the Emperor.
>>
>>47226917
Well, both of those are tried and tr-

>decurion + renegade knight

Oh shit, I think we found the winner
>>
>>47227099
Not the one with ObSec Flyers?
>>
>>47227099
thank the emperor I don't play in tourneys. those lists are brutal.
>>
>>47227107
Oh man, this is a hard choice

Reminds me of my last game against grey knights where I dropped my flyer into hover into his empty deployment zone, ontop of an objective, and spent the rest of the game there
>>
>>47227065
Those are just the HoW bonuses, they also get shits with flat out movement, choosing three enemy units to have reroll hit & wound and Furious charge.

WS are good because all their bonuses pull in one direction.
>>
>>47227084
The pictures are, what I would call, 'uninspired'. They're fine. They portray the scene well. They should be looked at briefly, enjoyed, then moved on. As soon as you start looking slightly more than surface deep, you see the cheap and lazy shit. So it's best to just look and move on. Don't analyze, cause it's going to be shit a lot of the time.

I've said before, the last time I was 'wowed' by art was in Shield of Baal book. That guy did some 'realistic' Nid pictures which looked great. I think he also did the BA art for the Painting Guide. Also Shield of Baal showed that Mephiston had both blonde hair and white hair.
>>
>>47226434
I've always felt that it should be

>in the grim darkness of the future, there js only wurr

But I'm a colossal faggot, so what do I know?
>>
>>47227131
You can ask my friends - I only pull that shit out for tournaments. The last couple of games I had were with the Anvil Strike Force, with a Land Raider as a Warlord, or with a classic Combined Arms Detachment.
>>47227134
Yeah, you see why I wanted some outside advice?
>>
>>47226917
HQ

Cadre Fireblade

Troops

Strike Team
5x Fire Warriors with Pulse Rifles
DS8 Support Turret with Missile Pod

Strike Team
5x Fire Warriors with Pulse Rifles
DS8 Support Turret with Missile Pod

Optiminized Stealth Cadre

Stealth Suit Team
2x Shas'ui with Burst Cannon
1x Shas'ui with Fusion Blaster

Stealth Suit Team
2x Shas'ui with Burst Cannon
1x Shas'ui with Fusion Blaster

XV95 Ghostkeel
Cyclic Ion Raker
Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster
2x MV5 Stealth Drones

Then maybe Riptide Wing added on.
>>
>>47227141
that's the thing though. I realize they need to sell models and they need pictures for lots of stuff, but I'd rather have less, but better art than the tons of stuff like this that gets released now.
>>
>>47227154
Both of those are equal amounts of nasty, I say flip a coin or put it up to vote
>>
>>47227161
I don't touch Tau. They were never my style, I'm afraid - And I try to slightly define the upper tier of my store's power level. I play the bad guy, and do so with slightly pillow-fisted lists, and everyone else gets to bitch about how OP Necrons and new Marines are and gets sheltered from the true horrors of 40k.
>>
>>47226854
The Redeemer is cool, and fortunately you can Power of the Machine Spirit one cannon one way, one cannon another, but the assault cannon has to go at one of the targets. Same with the multi-melta you're buying cause you're going in deep anyhow.

As for the Crusader, it's got 6 twinlinked boltgun shots at 24, 12 at 12", and the psybolts make the assault cannon S7. It's a fucking twinlinked psycannon at that point.

With that said the Crusader is going to do way more damage to hordes, faster. Unless your opponents are dumb as hell and bunch up knowing that pain train is coming in with AP3 flamers without torrent.
>>
File: liz8.png (3 MB, 1090x1074) Image search: [Google]
liz8.png
3 MB, 1090x1074
>>47227165
I guess so. But art has changed since the 90's. People want this clean computer shit rather than hand drawn stuff. I guess they're changing with the times.

I liked this picture from the Lizardmen book, was one of the only ones I did like.
>>
>>47227175
>Put up to vote

Silly me, thats exactly whats happening now!

>>47226917
There's alot more flexibility with the marines considering they'll be faster than the crons'. I'd roll with them. Plus you might not get as much hate for bringing them than decurion + knight. Unless that's what you want
>>
>>47227184
True, I was just coming out with silly lists as well. Never played it, unlikely to ever do so.
>>
>>47227190
Who says that they want it? It's just easier and cheaper to do.
>>
>>47227186
Sweet. Thanks anon. Is the Crusader the one with 16(?) troop capacity? Or is that the Redeemer?

I was thinking of a 12 man Warband + Inquisitor (maybe in Terminator armour) so I wanted it to be at least 14.
>>
Here, I've got a list coming up that I plan on bringing to an ITC event this weekend, the format will be 1850 points, 3 detachment maximum, no Come the Apocalypse allies.

Single CAD: Raptors Tactics

HQ:
Lias Issodon: 175

Troops:
5-man Tactical squad
- Rhino
- Plasma gun
5-man Tactical squad
- Rhino
- Plasma Gun
5-man Tactical squad
- Rhino
- Plasma Gun
5-man Tactical squad
- Rhino
- Plasma gun
5-man Tactical squad
- Drop Pod
- Imperial Space Marine
- Combi-Grav
5-man Tactical squad
- Rhino

Heavy Support:
10-man Devastator Squad
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino
10-man Devastator Squad
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino
10-man Devastator Squad
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino

The plan will be to have Lias Issodon grant Infiltrate to all 3 of the Devastator Squads and their Dedicated Transports. During deployment, I then combat-squad all 3 of the Devy squads, ensuring 2 grav-cannons in each combat squad.

Now all 6 devastator combat squads will Infiltrate within Grav-cannon range on turn 1. Their Rhinos infiltrate separately, and try to go for objectives, or act as convenient walls.

Lias Issodon sits cozy with one of said devy squads, granting them permanent Shrouded. He uses his deployment ability to troll for first blood during the end of deployment.
>>
>>47227184
>sheltered from the true horrors of 40k

Are... Are the the Emperor!?

Also
>>47227190
>jabbathehut.png
>>
>>47227257
>Are... Are the the Emperor!?
Just doing His work, anon. Just doing His work.
>>
File: liz26.png (7 MB, 1534x2000) Image search: [Google]
liz26.png
7 MB, 1534x2000
>>47227238
Oh I know, but kids these days anon. It's hard to explain. I always found 80's and 90's to be 'gritty'. Like it was the teenage phase of the century. Where there wasn't much you couldn't do. Now everything seems to be 'clean' and 'sterile' and everything has to be perfect or you'll be blasted to hell and back.

I just think that it's an art style which GW thinks will sell better. Maybe you're right and it's 100% about money + time, I dunno. As I said in another post, if people put TIME AND EFFORT into these pictures instead of copy pasting. You know, an extra 8 hours or so, they would be fantastic. I'll try and find a picture hang on.

Like this picture. This picture isn't perfect, but it's had time done to it. There is detail in the background stuff. It isn't just a 'centre' grouping with the detail. It's had more time on it than (see next post)
>>
>>47227246
Hello Raptoranon

I just want to say, that as a player of mono-Militarum Tempestus, I never ever ever ever want to play against your lists

Sincerely,
A Tempestusfag

ps: g8 list m8
>>
File: liz4.png (3 MB, 1528x1074) Image search: [Google]
liz4.png
3 MB, 1528x1074
>>47227238
>>47227280
While this picture.... Is concentrated on the foreground. The background stuff is barely done. It's in lots of pictures recently, everything is essentially a blur in the background, no definition, no nothing. It's a cheap tactic but it's possible to put effort into it.

Sorry for AoS pictures, bu I saved them when I heard they got re-released. I don't have official art 40k stuff on here.
>>
>>47227246
Interesting. Let us know how you go.

I'm considering starting a Raptors army, so would be keen to know how they perform.
>>
File: 1385929248215.jpg (701 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1385929248215.jpg
701 KB, 1680x1050
>>47227309
>It's a cheap tactic but it's possible to put effort into it.

Blanche is proof of that, theres a figure in the foreground and the rest is a smudge with details here and there to give a sense of something bigger, dirtier going on and it works perfectly to make you think of the absolute chaos thats going on in his pictures.
>>
File: slann pepe.png (127 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
slann pepe.png
127 KB, 600x600
>>47227257
>>jabbathehut.png
>>
>>47227286
I would like to say that this list is my "Gloves are coming off" only bullshit. It only ever sees tournaments, and never ever comes out for casual play. I'm not some mongoloid that will crush random kiddies with an ultra-hyper competitive tournament list meant to go toe-to-toe with multiple stormsurges and table them on turn 1.

My casual lists are much more fun to play against. Like this for example: It has a little bit of everything, but also has intentional deficiencies, like lots and lots of juicy footsloggers, and a beatstick. Another well-rounded, middle of the road tier'd list will do well against it.

1850:
HQ:
Captain Galahad:
- Thunder Hammer
- Artificer Armour

Troops:
10-man Tactical Squad
- Plasma Gun
- Plasma Cannon
10-man Tactical Squad
- Plasma Gun
- Plasma Cannon
10-man Tactical Squad
- Melta-gun
- Plasma Cannon
- Rhino(extra Storm Bolter)
5-man Tactical Squad
Heavy Support:
10-man Devastator Squad
- 4 Lascannons

Elites:
5-man Terminator Squad
- Assault Cannon
- Land Raider Crusader(with Multi-melta)
2-man Dreadnought Squad
- 2x Assault Cannons
1-man Dreadnought
- TL lascannon

Fortifications
Imperial Bastion
- Ammo Dump
>>
File: liz5.png (3 MB, 1534x931) Image search: [Google]
liz5.png
3 MB, 1534x931
>>47227340
That's my point. The blur? If they spend time putting little defining details on them, it makes it all the better. Instead, it's just a generic blur or smudge.

I didn't like all of Blanche's work, I thought he used red too much. But he does have some good work. The 8th WHFB and 5th 40k Daemons codexes were fantastic purely because of his art for everything, new and old.

Just fantastic work. Especially since it was implied the codex was written by a mad man, made the idea he scribbled those down to try and stop the pain of remembering or some shit.

Everything might be 'cleaner' now, but that doesn't mean shit can't be done. Look at this picture. There is effort put into it, look at the stars/galaxies. They make up snarling lizard faces. It's not a perfect picture, but it's good enough with little details here and there.

There needs to be more of that, more defining blurs/smudges and less copy and paste. But I fear the artists won't do that.

I might download shield of baal to get those Nid pictures to use as examples of stuff I like. That was clean, but it was also gritty.
>>
Are Razorbacks decent? I'm thinking of getting some for my Inquisition/Exorcists.
>>
File: 1433810469382.png (753 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1433810469382.png
753 KB, 600x800
What are the chances of Black Templars ever getting real support and unique models ever again?
>>
Are Riptides 170 naked or 180?
>>
Is 1850 the most played points level?
>>
>>47227436
Unlikely. GW will be selling generic models which then get transfer sheets for X or Y.

I don't think Black Templars will unless they're super popular.

I'm more pissed we didn't get unique Relics in Angels of Death. I can only hope we and Crimson Fists do in a Warzone book.
>>
>>47227433
As inquisition? They're almost a godlike steal for 40 points. Space marines.. Not so much.

Some of the best options you can have is 5-man Melta-gun acolyte squads in barebones razorbacks. For 660 points, you could have 6 of such squads.

>>47227441
It is in America. In Europe, 1750 is more popular. While some International Tournaments favor 1500.

Generally speaking, a good tournament list in america will tend to have 2 variants. One for 1850, and one for 1500.
>>
>>47227433
Also, would it be possible to just keep the turret separate and run them as rhinos if I wanted?
>>
>>47227465
Is there a most played casual points level?
>>
Still no Death From the Skies pdf in the mega?
>>
>>47227466
Magnetize the turret and sure.
>>
>>47227494
Yea, 1850 in America, and 1750 in Europe. For casual games, there's also the option of playing 250 Kill Teams: Heralds of Ruin.

There are some cases where the typical games are at a strange points level. My GW prefers 650(?). But the FLGS I frequent tends to go for 3000.
>>
>>47227513
Alright thanks for the info!
>>
>>47227505
>>47227465

Sweet.

Further question: is there such a thing as too much melta?
>>
>>47227537
No. In a an 1850 Double-CAD Inquisition, you can have up to 60 Melta guns. Even this is not quite enough, but it's the maximum that can even feasibly fit in the game.
>>
I hope Deathwatch board game sold well. I want a Deathwatch codex. I want to make my own squad using chapters I like.

Blood Angels
Executioners (I hate their heretical shit, but I think they avoided being punished in Badab War? I love their symbol but their CT aren't great)
Red Scorpions
Red Hunters
Fire Angels
Minotaurs (Moloc is one of my favourite models)
Space Sharks
Flesh Tearers (Just want a rival to Space Sharks)

And I'd then like do Kill Team with them or something.
>>
>>47227554
Don't forget Servitors and Jokaero with Multimeltas
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 292x257
>>47227554
>>
>>47227555
http://heralds-of-ruin.blogspot.com/p/kill-team-rules.html

This is the where you can get the Deathwatch Army List for Kill Teams. It's not that much of a stretch at all to suggest that you could use the Badab Chapters for it. But Deathwatch is unique among space marines in that you choose chapter tactics on an individual model basis.
>>
Where's the Daemons part of the Curse of the Wulfen in the mega link? I can understand splitting the book to their designated factions, but I can't seem to locate where the Daemons part is since it's not located anywhere in the Curse of the Wulfen pdf
>>
>>47227595
So, BA would have Furious Charge and SW have Counter-Attack?

IF so, that's what I thought. Red Scorpion wouldn't really work unless he's an Apothecary.
>>
File: curse.jpg (242 KB, 1039x700) Image search: [Google]
curse.jpg
242 KB, 1039x700
>>47227613
The Curse of the Wulfen rules are all in one book.
>>
>>47227713
Yea, looking at it, there's a lot of issues that would come up with in trying to use the Badab Chapter Tactics with them. Raptors being redundant with Sniper Bolts, Carcharadons being redundant with the Stalker bolters counting as CCW(So they already have 2 CCW)..

Red scorpions wouldn't work, or well they would -technically- work. Your squad sergeant can get a narthecium(Which works better in kill teams) for a whopping 2 points.

Red hunters would probably be the best, but none of its rules are useful in kill teams.

That leaves us with Mantis Warriors, Minotaurs, and Executioners. Who are the only ones that have CT that works well in Kill Teams as a deathwatch team.
>>
If I understand the FAQ right I can't put Ezekiel from my Librarius Conclave into a unit from my Deathwing Strike Force and still bring the Deathwing in when I want as per the DWSF's special rules.

Is that correct because if so my Ezekiel is now completely useless as I don't run Greenwing and no one taught this nerd how to ride a bike.
>>
>>47227725
I know, I own the physical book set. But the pdf of CotW only contains the SW and Wulfen parts, NOT the Chaos Daemon pages.

And since I'm on it, is there a time frame we usually have to wait before scans of a book happen? I don't play AoS but I'd love to flip through the Grand Alliance books
>>
>>47227766
Do you run three HQs in the strike force already? if not just throw him in there.

You can always ally in a Conclave from a different chapter. I know for bikers they usually prefer the White Scars for the skilled rider. For terminators maybe Imperial Fists to get some use out of a storm bolter or something, no idea.
>>
>>47227766
>and no one taught this nerd how to ride a bike.
>mfw I can't ride a bike very well

The feels.
>>
>>47227613
Page 563 of the PDF in the MEGA.
>>
File: 1463103048519.jpg (1 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
1463103048519.jpg
1 MB, 1885x1060
>>47226434
Here's the Grey Knight list I'm building to for casual play. Is it okay for casual games? Too weak too strong?
1850 points Nemesis Strike Force

HQ:
Brotherhood Champion – 150
Librarian lvl 3, stormbolter – 140

Elites:
5x Purifiers, 1 incinerator, 1 hammer, rhino – 175

Troops:
10 Terminators, 2 psycannons, 2 hammers, 2 falchions, Justicar with Halberd - 400

Fast Attack:
10x Interceptors, 2 incinerators, 2 hammers, teleport homer – 290

Heavy Support:
Nemesis Dreadknight, heavy psycannon, heavy incinerator, great-sword, teleporter – 225
Nemesis Dreadknight, heavy psycannon, heavy incinerator, great-sword, teleporter – 225

Lord of War:
Kaldor Draigo – 245

Total: 1850
>>
>>47227780
>>47227824
Rather, Page 561.
>>
File: dog meets the love of his life.jpg (81 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
dog meets the love of his life.jpg
81 KB, 960x720
1500 CSM CAD, it's a fun list but what should I replace the Defiler with since I already know you're going to say it? it dies like a bitch and costs way too much but there's really not much else long range in the codex that sends out a fuck you template, I need to do SOMETHING first turn so I figured that's why I'll take the laspred, defiler, and brute to at least be able to pop a few rhinos/put the hurt on some backfield devastators

Sorcerer – 60 Points
>Bolt Pistol/Force Sword

9 Chaos Space Marines – 187 Points
>Aspiring Champion: Combi-plasma, Plasma Gun, Chaos Rhino
10 Chaos Space Marines – 185 Points
>2 Flamers, Chaos Rhino
10 Chaos Space Marines – 189 Points
>2 Close Combat Weapons, 2 Flamers, Chaos Rhino
>(7 Boltguns replaced with Close Combat Weapons)

3 Chaos Terminators – 112 Points
>Terminator Champion: Combi-plasma/Power Axe, 2 Combi-plasmas/Power Axes
Helbrute – 115 Points
>Missile Launcher/Reaper Autocannon

8 Raptors – 176 Points
>Raptor Champion: Combi-melta, 2 Meltaguns

Chaos Predator – 140 Points
>Lascannon Sponsons/Twin-linked Lascannon
Chaos Vindicator – 140 Points
>Combi-bolter, Daemonic Possession
Defiler – 195 Points
>(Reaper Autocannon replaced with Power Fist)
>>
>>47227840
I guess the pdf has been updated since I downloaded it as mine is only 132 pages in length. I guess I'll redownload it and see if it indeed has been changed, though the one in mega and the one I have are the same size as far as MB goes.
>>
>mfw finally decide to make the most boring, generic, copy paste min/max Battle Company list ever
>look up how all the winners set up their battle companies
>every single one is White Scars

Fuck that then I'm just going to go back to my fun shitty list with Terminators and crap.
>>
>>47227964
>White Scars

speaking of bikes, I just picked up Dank Angels as my fourth army. I sold/traded off all my Necrons for them to take their place.

Does anyone here play DA? How do you like them?
>>
>Ttfw drunkenly bought a box of purifiers while in another city with friends
I don't even play Grey Knights...

Guess I do now.
>>
>>47227880
Another Vindicator, Rapier batteries, or a Sicaran. Use the leftover points for a Spell Familiar and Mastery Level for the Sorcerer.
>>
>>47227045

Those saurus don't look so well.

Damn Nurgle must have infected their spawning pool or something...
>>
>>47228001
actually you just described how I used to run the list with another vindicator and upgraded sorcerer

I should mention that I'm a pretty new player in the sense that while I've been into 40k for a few years, I've focused more on painting/reading the novels and haven't played many games. I am finding that my vindicators get shitcanned via side armor though, it's almost like front AV13 is irrelevant because it's not hard to draw line of sight to the AV11. my list used to be 100% midfield-focused and the result was that I did nothing but move on turn 1 which cost me dearly
>>
File: Capture.png (321 KB, 499x361) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
321 KB, 499x361
Damn it, wrong thread.

R8 my Rogue Trader:

The Emperor's Will
>HQ - Xenos Inquisitor (83 pts)
>>Needle Pistol, Power Armour, Digital Weapons, Rad/Psychotroke Grenades

>Elite - Henchmen (42)
>>Acolyte with Meltagun x3

>Elite - Henchmen (42)
>>Acolyte with Meltagun x3
>>
>>47227989
iktf

>wake up
>apparently I bought the hardcover 6th edition rulebook (this was a few years ago), a land raider, and an aegis defense line last night

spending over $200 dollars on toys was a really poor choice for me at the time and my drunken financial irresponsibility + 40k was one of the factors that made be become a teetotaler
>>
>>47228133
Wow, getting shitfaced was irresponsible, who fucking knew?
>>
>>47228164
wow, /tg/ is full of obnoxious shitposters who think image boards are le edgy place where you randomly insult people for no reason because that's the culture duuuuude, who knew?
>>
>>47228133
Now that I think about it I could use the psychic hoods and the force weapons to make 5 custom librarians and try to pawn off the other bits...
>>
Since I don't want to run Canoptek cheese and think destroyers look rather silly I was wondering how the Judicator Battalion formation is. Two units of Praetorian Guard and a Triarch Stalker.
>>
>>47227988
I only play Ravenwing with a small Deathwing force.

Ravenwing is awesome though it can be a bit strong at times. It's great and plays really quick and aggressive. I always have great battles but not necessarily the best missions. Not having ObSec is a bit of a scramble. I shoot and fight tooth and nail for the first three turns then after mutual devastation I launch the remaining bikes at last second objectives.
>>
>>47227964
What list are you doing?

My Battle Company doesn't use White Scars but that might just be because I hate bikes.
>>
>>47228328

Even if you use bike-less BC all the winning lists still use Khan and White Scars just to Scout their grav and Rhinos and to Hit and Run.

I wasn't going to use Bikes or Centurions (don't want to buy/paint the models) so my list would've been something like this:

1 Captain - 90
1 Chaplain - 90

5 Tacticals, 1 Grav-Cannon, Rhino - 105
Repeat x5

5 Assault Marines, 2 Flamers, Melta Bombs, 5 Jump Packs - 100
5 Assault Marines, 2 Flamers, Melta Bombs, 5 Jump Packs - 100

5 Devastators, 4 Lascannons, Rhino - 150
5 Devastators, 4 Lascannons, Rhino - 150

5 Scouts, 5 Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks - 70

Librarius Conclave

4 Librarians, ML2 - 380
>>
>>47228370
Hm, that's similar to the list I use at all.

Doesn't look very fun to me, I hate grav-weapons.

Different strokes for different lads, I guess.
>>
>>47228423
>Battle Company
>fun

You and I both know it's not about fun anymore the moment you decide to play something like Battle Company.
>>
File: personal.jpg (106 KB, 454x397) Image search: [Google]
personal.jpg
106 KB, 454x397
>>47228524
>>
File: gladius thing.png (92 KB, 676x2092) Image search: [Google]
gladius thing.png
92 KB, 676x2092
>>47228524
Yeah, I guess that's true.

I find this list to be fun enough when I'm mad at my Eldar friend, at least.
>>
It's my birthday /40kg/. Will the Emperor send me a card or bake me a cake?
>>
File: StickItImage_1449700710510-1.jpg (278 KB, 575x689) Image search: [Google]
StickItImage_1449700710510-1.jpg
278 KB, 575x689
>>47228578
>>
>>47228578
OF COURSE NOT YOU SHITBOOT
>>
What's the Black Legion detachment bonus going to be? My bet is reroll Leadership if Abaddon is on the table and Hatred.
>>
>>47227184
>I play the bad guy, and do so with slightly pillow-fisted lists, and everyone else gets to bitch about how OP Necrons and new Marines are and gets sheltered from the true horrors of 40k.
The only army capable of out-cheesing marines are Eldar, and that fucking list at 1250 is you bringing a lost that could actively compete against Eldar.

You at least admit to being a gigantic WAAC faggot, but you aren't sheltering them from anything. Anyone calling that Tau list WAAC-tier are dumb as fuck, the OSC is only good against vehicles and bike spamming faggots, and that means it will generally suck at low point tiers except against said bike spamming faggots. And i feel no remorse for people who shit on bike spam lists.

I play Zone Mortalis exclusively to avoid faggots like you.
>>
File: Capture.png (7 KB, 657x62) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7 KB, 657x62
Can someone explain to me how Night Fighting works? Everything seems to say "during the first game turn," suggesting it only lasts for one turn and not the whole game, but then I saw this, which makes it seem like Night Fighting happens on turns besides the first.
>>
>>47228604
didn't that release happen already?

well maybe not, but the detachments were leaked like two months ago

I forget what the bonus was, but there was no incentive to use it over a CAD
>>
>>47227439
>>
>>47228712

You roll for Night Fighting before Turn 1. On a 4+ it's Night Fighting. However, if it doesn't happen, you roll again on Turn 5. On a 4+ it comes in effect then.

Plus some armies like Necrons and DE may be able to pull some Night Fighting shenanigans and have it happen on other turns. Honestly I don't know but it would fit them thematically.
>>
My buddy is going to start collecting Gay Knights and I'm collecting IG, what should I be looking forward to? Being sodomized with no lube?
>>
File: Capture.png (11 KB, 679x158) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11 KB, 679x158
>>47228760
Wat? Where on earth is the Turn 5 thing mentioned?

Also, the necron Stormlord forces Night Fighting on turn 1, and the Deldar warlord trait only allows for a reroll for the Night Fighting roll. I don't know of any instance, unit, or special rule that mentions Night Fighting in turns after the first - except, of course, >>47228712.
>>
Do assault marine/vanguard kits come with regular backpacks or will I have to use jump packs?
>>
>>47228801
Assault Marines have regular backpacks on their sprues.

>Tfw no extra legs so I can't make some custom libbies
>>
File: clip+(2016-05-13+at+01.06.49).jpg (1 MB, 2060x3235) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2016-05-13+at+01.06.49).jpg
1 MB, 2060x3235
Do you even paint, bro?
>>
>>47228765
getting mind wiped or executed
>>
>>47228828
Best not be trying to take credit for her models, anon.
>>
>>47228828
I can respect how hard that would be to paint, but the fucking design decisions made there are painfully bad.

And no, tzeetch isn't a defense. I'm not talking about the rainbow blue and pink. I mean the flat white ribbing on the chest, and basically all the times that the pattern or style switches between sections.
>>
>>47228828
that's pretty
>>
File: clip+(2016-05-13+at+01.07.08).jpg (917 KB, 2062x3115) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2016-05-13+at+01.07.08).jpg
917 KB, 2062x3115
>>47228839
Not a chance. Just wanted to share it with /40kg/. I've never actually painted a model yet.
>>47228867
Go fuck yourself mate, this is pretty fucking amazing.
>>
>>47228133
Best solution is to withdraw the money you want to spend in advance and leave the card at home.
>>
File: Worlds of 40k.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Worlds of 40k.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47228712
It's only the first turn normally, but there are plenty of scenarios and missions where Night Fighting last all game.
Also, in 30k is common to force Night Fighting some extra turns.

Posting the PDF were an anon regroup and format all the rules for playing on different worlds. First one have Night Fighting all game.
>>
>>47228879
>>47228828
she is truly the queen of /wip/ and /tg/ for that matter
>>
>>47228798

Sorry, guess I was still in 6th edition mode.
>>
>>47228909
S'alright. The rulebook is so badly organized I half expected the turn 5 thing to be mentioned in another section and was hoping you could point it out for me.
>>
>>47228879
sorry it's an utterly fantastic execution of some rather bad ideas.
>>
>>47228926
Let's see what you can do.
>>
File: jerry.png (327 KB, 495x498) Image search: [Google]
jerry.png
327 KB, 495x498
>>47228867
>>47228926
>tzeetch isn't a defense

>these Plaguebearers have too much green and brown on them
>these Bloodletters have too much red on them
>these Daemonettes have too much purple on them
>>
>>47228926
Post your models then faggot
>>
>>47228736
Black Legion reprint happened, but it's lacking a decurion or any sort of mega-formation like Crimson Slaughter got. Given the ongoing Abaddon short story series, we're probably getting the other half of the Black Legion decurion as part of Wulfen 2.
>>
>>47228967
yeah I know it got the cool new formation of 5 sorcerors, but that was pretty much the only worthwhile thing in the book
>>
>>47228933
in terms of technique, nothing even close. in terms of design, I make sure to maintain a lighting direction, know to pay attentionto texture, and above all never let the thing get to busy.

>>47228937
it's not the tzeetch aspects, of crazy bright colors. It's being overly busy (even the good tzeetch designs avoid this). not maintaing lighting (so a lot of the details look completely flat next to clearly directionally highlighted areas), and not paying attention to hue and tempature constrast between sections when adding solid ornimentation onto the rainbow fire design.

It's increadable work, but it's hampered by flaws from the design phase.
>>
>>47228987
I mean, it would seem not many people agree with you on that because she mentioned today that she got hired by ForgeWorld for graphic and visual design.
>>
>>47229002
libin the dream
>>
Do Lords of War act as substitute for HQ in Force Org charts? I've been curious if a Wraith knight can be the HQ for an allied detachment or not
>>
>>47228926

I some what agree, I can tell the person can paint, but its not to my taste. Too busy and colors all over the place, again in my opinion. And it hurt my eyes.
>>
Tier 1 grot codex when?
>>
>>47229024

No, they are Lords of War.
>>
File: IMG_20160513_043933818.jpg (3 MB, 5344x3006) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160513_043933818.jpg
3 MB, 5344x3006
>>47228941
somehow I doubt you'd stick to critiquing the design and instead focus on the technique. So here's a curveball.

tell me my design mistakes. I made several, it's was only my second piece.

>>47229002
I haven't seen more of her work, it's possible the rest of it's better.
>>
>>47226434
Alright, wondering a bit about the different Eldar cultures. Craftworlders, corsairs, and exodites seem to be simply different cultures but obviously Commorrites have heritable physical/spiritual differences. What if a non-Commorrite Eldar falls in with some Kabal and ends up spending a ton of time in Commoragh, do they kind of develop the Dark Eldar curse? If they retain their curse-free state, if they had trueborn babbies with one of their new raiding buddies, would the offspring ever have psychic potential? Would they have the Dark Eldar curse?

I've neglected to mention Harlequins so far: Do they recruit from Commorrites? If so, does their new dedication to based Cegorach lift their curse?
>>
>>47229054
Well first of all, you didn't add in a golden lab for that trifecta of their coat colors.

Unless those aren't Labradors. In that case, your painting is A SHIT.
>>
>>47229041
Ah, blast. I feared as such. I was told allies can snag a ride in transports but not in deployment pre-game, do they get to hop in on the first friendly movement phase?
>>
>>47229054
Well let's see. It looks like a painting. This is certainly not a model. I give it kill yourself/10.
>>
>>47229068
golden retriever and a mut with a fair bit a lab in there.
>>
>>47229120
Acceptable tier dogs.

Still don't think a painting and a model can be given the same criticisms.
>>
File: 2 out of 10.jpg (30 KB, 345x337) Image search: [Google]
2 out of 10.jpg
30 KB, 345x337
>>47228987
All I'm saying is that intentionally transgressing guidelines of design to achieve a chaotic, somewhat disorienting effect on a Lord of Change could hardly be called inappropriate.

But I forget I'm posting in the home of pic related.
>>
>>47229160
The home of all the dankest memes? :DDDD
>>
>>47229106
>>47229140
in terms of technique, the are very different.
In terms of design, the principles are very much the same. The only real difference is that models must account for multiple viewing angles, while paintings you must pick on. And to a lesser extent the distance at which it would be viewed, but that can vary a lot within either category.

But stuff like controling focus, tempature balance, use of contrast, making sure elements feel grounded in the overall piece rather than sitting on top of the, all of these are shared.

Like I thought, you're confusing my comments about her design with comments about her technique.
>>
>>47226434
Daily reminder that Dark Eldar are now worse than orks thanks to the FAQ
>>
>>47229196

I have shelved mine until the adjust some of the faq or release a new codex.
>>
>>47229080

Depends on a few things, level of allies, dedicated transports and the new faq, so hard to say.
>>
>>47229160
I mean I could take it that way, but just because the Dadaist meant to create something that destroyed all basis for art, doesn't mean I have to like any it.
>>
>>47229223
>>47229207
>>47229196
Is this new faq part of the main rules? nothing is exclusively on the DE errata
>>
>>47229238
Big ol main rules errata.

1. Battle brothers can no longer start on transports
2. If you jink people inside snap fire

Deldar are kill
>>
>>47229002

A lot of people WOULD disagree with him because you faggots are slobbering all over this good-but-not-mind-blowing paintjob all day long.

It's amazing yes, but the techniques contain nothing special. Freehand is so-so and the blending is good. You're all just dazzled by the bright popping rainbow colors.

There are plenty of better painters out there. Not to look down on this person or their work, but you faggots are just fucking sycophants.
>>
>>47229267
Ohh, I had recently asked my LGS about it and they simply said battle bros couldn't start in deployment, I hadn't known the reverse was the case prior. That's a mighty shame..
>>
>>47228879

The gold doesn't even have any wash or highlights. Gimmick paintjob.
>>
>>47228707
>The only army capable of out-cheesing marines are Eldar

I'm mad that the new psychic powers make this statement true. Marines without psykers are worse than Tau though.
>>
>>47229284
>I'm in the minority so that makes me right!

Hi /pol/, I thought you guys hated us.
>>
>>47229322

Opinions can't be right or wrong. I'm no more wrong than you are.
>>
>>47229322
>a smart person in a room full of retards is wrong because he's in the minority

/tg/ pls
>>
You nignogs done circlejerking over savage orks/rainbow tzeentch-chan? 2bh her selfies are way more interesting and even church-anon had a better paintjob but I guess you guys just like bright objects.
>>
>>47229362
>even church-anon had a better paintjob
don't kid yourself church anon, you did an average airbrush on a knight with some crappy snow. all you'll be remembered for is a dank meme.
>>
File: by the emperor.jpg (234 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
by the emperor.jpg
234 KB, 1600x1600
plastic sisters when
>>
>>47229400
try glorious china
>>
>>47229398
What is church anon?
>>
>>47229413
Some guy on /wip/ painted up a knight and he put some ruins on the base. One anon commented on how the ruins looked like a church, and the guy (church-anon) got fucking pissed as hell. Everyone laughed at him and now big ruins on bases in /wip/ gets called out on being a church. Also if you have models with big bland bases people say that it 'needs more church' or something like that.
>>
>>47229400
After I get my plastic Steel Legion.
>>
File: FW bulletin.png (293 KB, 419x911) Image search: [Google]
FW bulletin.png
293 KB, 419x911
BARRY'S BACK
>>
Is there some sort of guide to help make sense of all the stuff not too readily apparent in the game for a new player like combined arms groups or knowing what models from what codexes you can add to your army? I know how to just play the game with some tanks and dice but I keep seeing people talk about shit that I haven't the slightest clue about.
>>
Would you pay for digital models if WG ever decided to pull something like WotC and made a '40k online' game?

I would, desu. IF they were considerably cheaper than the real models.
I live in a place where not much 40k tabletoping is going on, so I would be grateful for a faithful computer game adaptation of warhams with online multiplayer.
I know there is vassal and other 'makeshift' software to do that but wouldn't an official game which handles the rules and has 3d models and terrain be incredibly awesome?
>>
File: taste the changebow.jpg (485 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
taste the changebow.jpg
485 KB, 1920x1080
>>47229362
bad post

savage ork anon is best girl
>>
>>47229639
Remind me, what's the site where all these are collected together? I know there is one, but don't seem to have it bookmarked.
>>
>>47229515
>itshabbening.jpg

It's not as sexy as the original though. It looks flimsier, the main gun protrudes too much and the lines just aren't as boner-enducing.

Maybe it's just the angle?
>>
>>47229639
Damn that shit's vibrant.
It's giving me a headache.
Pretty neat battle tactic tbf.
>>
File: 1421620996425.jpg (62 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
1421620996425.jpg
62 KB, 800x680
>>47229697
Yeah, I agree. It's a bit chunkier all over, and I'm not sure the tail fins were a good idea. It fits in better with the manta and tigershark now, but the old barracuda was considered by many to be a better model than those.
>>
>>47229677
bearshapedham on tumblr
>>
>>47229736
Ta pet.
>>
>>47227280
The front row of skinks and the saurus (or kroxigor or whatever) are clearly copy and pasted though.

Takes a great image down a peg
>>
>>47229300
>Marines without psykers are worse than Tau though
>Tfw Black Templar
Couldn't they at least have given us some better tools against psykers?

Grav is still ridiculously overpowered though.
>>
Recommend me a good Space Marine legion from 30k that is also good in 40k. Starting both, and I want to use more or less the same models and colours, and it would be fun fluff to have.
>>
>>47229984
Raven Guard. They basically keep their colour scheme apart from some trim colours, and go beakie-heavy in both settings as well.
>>
What is some good competitive builds for a Chaos Army? I'm aiming at 1500 pts
>>
>>47226434
How viable is the rift cannon on the Dark Talon?
>>
Friends.
Blood angels or Space wolves?
>>
>>47230161
Blood angels.
>>
>>47229984
>More or less the same models and colours

Would need to be a loyalist legion/chapter that doesn't use MK2 then, so probably either Iron Hands, White Scars, Ultramarines or Raven Guard.

Night Lords might work because they're basically the same edgy batman wannabe fuckers the whole time

>>47230121
>competitive builds for a Chaos Army

i'm sorry
>>
>>47230121
>Chaos Space Marines
>Competitive
Good one. Unless you're going to run a Greater Brass Scorpion, best accept that CSM (as well as Orks, Dark Eldar, and non-Flyrant spam Tyranids) are for casual, fun games only.
>>
>>47228867
>basically all the times that the pattern or style switches between sections.

that's literally tzeentch though. there are too many faggots like you who think that paint > fluff, and you end up with armies that all look the same. fluffwise, an insane gang of heretical space marines who shower in blood and summon daemons for laughs aren't going to give a fuck if their armor has good color theory, so it's perfectly justifiable for somebody to have slaanesh marines in pink, yellow, and green with blue highlights and complete disregard for any sort of coherency. do I need to remind you again that they are insane
>>
next week im playing a game against a friend of mine who hasnt played in years. hes got a wolves starter box, and i'm going to match him in points with my orks. i'm new to orks, and I was wondering is there any combo of units i can take that will make for an especially fun game, particularly for the wolves player?
>>
>>47226917
>which of the following two lists should I bring to the LGS' tournament Sunday?>We're using ITC FAQs and houserules

Neither. Don't go.
>>
File: Harlequins_Vs_Ultramarines.png (527 KB, 399x520) Image search: [Google]
Harlequins_Vs_Ultramarines.png
527 KB, 399x520
>>47227280

They can still put out good stuff. Harlie codex had a tonne of good art.
>>
Pathfinders with (ion? rail?) rifles, kroot with sniper rounds, or sniper drones?

I like the idea of the Pathfinders the most, but a base sniper drone team is really points cheap.
>>
>Kranon the Relentless
>isn't actually relentless
>isn't actually a legal build
>>
>>47229444
But not before another elite choice gets plastic models and a new codex. :^)
>>
>>47230248
Yes, but they're not real, so we can paint them in a way that looks good instead of just coming up with the "lol they're insane" excuse.

If I fielded just a bunch of empty bases and said "they're tau stealth suits, lol they're invisible!!" would you then call it a golden demon contender because it's realistic in a universe that's taken "realistic" out the back and put it down?

And I even love tzeench-chan's greater demon model, you're just being fucking moronic.
>>
>>47230339
>CSM butthurt intensifies
>>
>>47230344
Orks new codex / models when

We still can't field a bike warboss without using FW or kitbashing
>>
>>47230339

Chaos should get a special rule allowing any model to take any wargear option from any other model or unit in the codex. Because it's chaos.
>>
>>47230339
BRB, telling my local eldar player he can't take Eldrad Ulthran because Eldrad has two relics. I'll remind him that Yriel and Jain Zar are off-limits for the same reason.

Yes, I do realise Kranon is not a special character but has to be built out of a generic lord.
>>
>>47230377

None of those models use stuff from the relics list though.
>>
>>47230349
Those examples are obviously too extreme. My point was that it's stupid to say that something is "too busy" when being too busy was the entire point. Noise marines in particular are described as painting their armor in all manner of clashing colors/patterns and if somebody chooses to do this then that's fine, and in fact an interesting deviation from the usual "lol they're all pink" emperor's children. That rainbow bird you're shitting on is a pretty good example of a Tzeenchian ideals and executed very well, you're just being a nitpicking faggot. Plus since 4chan is full of people who are full of opinions about things they're not educated on/have no skills in, I'm going to go ahead and disregard you as random shit talker #234239402834023948 unless you happen to have already posted some models ITT that look better with a link.
>>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20%5BSpace%20Odin%5D%282016%29.pdf?dl=0

HERPADERP

Forgot links. PDF updated, BSR update inbound later today.
>>
File: eldar_iybraesil_warwalker1_04.jpg (92 KB, 679x800) Image search: [Google]
eldar_iybraesil_warwalker1_04.jpg
92 KB, 679x800
Is there anyway to make an IG list that doesn't crumble in melee? I got destroyed by some Eldar with an outflank when they got into melee range.
>>
File: cassius-LE-misc-1500.jpg (97 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
cassius-LE-misc-1500.jpg
97 KB, 650x823
http://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/prod-home-bl/cassius-hb.html

Pre-orders are up. Ultramarine fanboys REJOICE!
>>
>>47230417
>That rainbow bird you're shitting on

>>47230349
>And I even love tzeench-chan's greater demon model

wew, you didn't even read the post. enjoy your tantrum senpai
>>
>>47230433
ogryns and hellhounds

hellhounds with chem cannons or inferno cannons to weather the hits while driving up and destroying shit

chimeras or vendettas dropping melee geared ogryns in for the fighting.

or if you mean how can a standard list defend against melee?
keep a heavy weapons team of 3 bases somewhere in your backfield to lascannon/autocannon blast flankers, or keep a close-quarters russ back there, depending on the threat.

signed,

an IG player whose friend did nothing but drop pod dreads into my backfield for 12 months
>>
>>47230339
it's pretty damn retarded that GW wanted to make Crimson Slaughter one of the new poster boys for CSM, created an interesting set of characters for the faction and even gave them models, AND THEN PROCEDED TO NOT GIVE THEM ACTUAL SPECIAL CHARACTER UNIT PROFILES

GW is like god, they work in mysterious ways. like how god made the world because peace and love dude except it's a violence ridden shithole full of strife, GW made chaos space marines for the game but the twist is a majority of chaos space marine factions and characters aren't in the game
>>
>>47230349
I can just imagine some neckbeard reduced to tears, "i-it's f-f-fluffy!" he sobs, as he falls to his knees trying to gather up all the rainbow colored eyesore daemons that fell out of his pockets at the FLGS
>>
>>47230457
>standard list

Cheers, that's what I was looking for. My list has enough room for a heavy weapons squad so I may do that, though I have a Russ I keep at the back normally anyway.

I was taught the importance of getting a Chimera for the command squad, though. Creed took about 10 shots and survived but died the next round because he couldn't do anything.
>>
>>47230417

>unless you happen to have already posted some models ITT that look better with a link.

Not the guy you're replying to, but this is a terrible argument. Criticism isn't only valid if you've made the same thing, but better. That pretty much stifles all criticism. You don't have to be an Oscar winner to call the Star Wars prequels arse gravy.
>>
>>47226434
256th for IG are forgettable
>>
>>47230497
248th for so close
>>
>>47230474
>tell fans that Chaos Traitor Legions mostly don't exist anymore
>after decades of making models, fluff and other intellectual property based around them
>and as Forge World has success selling traitor legions to HH fans

There's some very silly decisions being made in and around Chaos
>>
>>47230476
>daemons described as eyesore
>somebody paints them as eyesores

I don't see the problem. It's like I'm explaining this to a 12 year old. Tip: art isn't always whatever is the most pretty, you should check out a museum once. Also it's easy enough to tell someone's skill level and whether or not their bizarre models are intentionally so.
>>
Tier 1 grot codex drop when?
>>
>>47230488
losing your CCS cripples you, but if it's in a chimera, would-be HQ assassins have to choose between going for the defensive weapons team poised to tear them a new one, or go for their main target while getting shot up the bum.
if they choose to go for the weapons teams, it buys you time to get your CCS somewhere safer, especially if he's in a chimera.

the defensive team is a low cost way of forcing your opponent to choose between two unfavourable choices, instead of it being a cost-free opportunity
>>
>>47230497
You forgot boring and lame.

In all seriousness, they are a really good NPC faction, with plenty of good opportunities to save them from xenos, heretics, or literally anything, because they die in droves the moment something remotely bad happens.

They are the damsels in distress, 40k edition.
>>
>>47230555
Ok, this is what I'm thinking of running now. The game I mentioned was previously a 750 which I ran everything bar Chimera, Weapon Squad, 1 Wyvern and the Stormsword.

Point Limit: 1500
Points Used: 1490

HQ [1]

Command Squad [210]
4x - Veterans; Vox-caster
1x - Creed
1x - Chimera

Troops [4]

Heavy Weapons Squad [105]

3x - HWT; Lascannon

Veterans; Grenadiers [125] x2
6x - Veterans; Vox-caster
3x - Veterans; Plasma Guns
1x - Vet Sergeant

Veterans; Grenadiers [110]
6x - Veterans; Vox-caster
3x - Veterans; Melta Guns
1x - Vet Sergeant

Heavy Support [3]

Wyvern Battery [80] x2
1x - Wyvern; Enclosed Crew Compartment

Leman Russ Squadron [170]
1x - Leman Russ; Battle Cannon, Lascannon, Heavy Flamer

Lord of War [1]

Stormsword [485]
>>
>>47230561
>xenos
>heretics

Creed and Cadia want to have a word with you.

I agree that they can be damsels in distress when bigger stuff comes out. I like them because they're a bit duller, they're regular guys fighting monstrosities. It makes the monstrosities seem more dangerous and powerful.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.