[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is how I neutral evil.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: sketch-1463099725269.png (903 KB, 1080x1397) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1463099725269.png
903 KB, 1080x1397
This is how I neutral evil.
>>
Is Magic Man from Adventure Time neutral evil?
>>
>>47223690
That cocksucker is Chaotic Evil.
>>
File: tumblr_static_scruffy.jpg (10 KB, 251x268) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_scruffy.jpg
10 KB, 251x268
>>47223714
Second.
>this is how I neutral good
>>
morality is subjective
>>
>>47223898
Not on a D&D chart it ain't.
>>
>>47223871
>neutral good
Scruffy is clearly true neutral.
>>
>>47223871
I was in a game once where the setting was modern low-magic, and the GM wanted us to play as normal people.
I made a janitor character, and the GM rejected him at first on the assumption that I'd play him like Scruffy.
>>
>>47223951
I like to think he's a good guy who's just tired.
>>
File: goodnightpunpun_v11_187.jpg (149 KB, 926x1300) Image search: [Google]
goodnightpunpun_v11_187.jpg
149 KB, 926x1300
>>47223511
He was hardly evil. Just young and placed in an overwhelming situation where he wound up falling too far into himself. He was playing out what he thought were the best decisions even though he actually felt they were hopeless, and grew to resent everything that put him in that situation.

He just hit his "dark" phase hard and at the worst time. It was just a slow, horrible nervous breakdown that he couldn't control because he had lived his life passively chasing dreams, and he lacked any ability to actually connect with reality in any manner besides that of a child's. When finally forced to be an adult, to take actual responsibility, he couldn't handle it, and simply disconnected from everyone and everything.

He was Neutral. Always Neutral. Weak, bitter, self-destructive and pathetic, but neutral, because he lacked the actual guts to be anything else.
>>
File: sketch-1463106242430.png (1 MB, 1665x1080) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1463106242430.png
1 MB, 1665x1080
>>47224145
I see your point but do disagree.
I think his apathy made him selfish and therefore evil. His actions generally had little disregard for others. I don't think he ever truly appreciated his friends, I think he used them to try and find justification for his existence and held back a lot of disdain for them.
I think Punpun is the perfect image of evil, his internal struggles driving him always into more anguish anf therefore more disdain. Unhappy poeple tend to do bad things.
Punpun would also do evil things at a whim or when provoked. Lying and violence are good examples. Even though he is just trying to cope with angst the acts themselves are still evil and "cuz I'm hurting inside" is no justification, especially to anyone hurt by his actions.
Even contemplating suicide (to me) is an evil act and shows blatantly how selfish he his.
Selfish and apathetic. Punpun is evil dude.
Also I think it is fair to catagerise him (as an indirect observer) by the most memorable part of his existence which is definately his "dark phase".
Otherwise we are all forced to admit he hopped up and down the allignment chart.
I wonder if he is now sitting in a jail cell being apathetic in an apathetic envirnment?
Or if his mind finally collapsed?
Maybe he will be released, get a shitty job and some mates and find a purpose just like his father did.
Oyasumi cunt. (I'm talking to Punpun there, not you anon. You seem nice but)
>>
File: goodnightpunpun_v11_108.jpg (199 KB, 922x1300) Image search: [Google]
goodnightpunpun_v11_108.jpg
199 KB, 922x1300
>>47224992
He was selfish and apathetic, but he didn't actually want to hurt anyone.
He didn't want to do anything.

In many ways, he's a type of neutral that's worse than being actually evil, because he's so thoroughly caught up in himself that he doesn't really realize how much people cared about him or how much he was hurting them, all without ever being really evil enough to drive them away. Even when he tried to rape that other girl it was more out of sexual frustration and expectation than anything else, and the moment he realized what he was doing he stopped, early enough that the girl didn't even end up hating him. Her assessment was probably the best, in that he wasn't evil, just pathetic.

He was the type of person that, if nothing special had occurred to him, he would have lived and disappeared without a ripple. He only appeared evil because it was a messed up situation for him to be in, and while there's no point in stupidly trying to justify how he acted, we would all have wound up thinking he was a good and boring person if his life had just continued without incident.

He's the worst kind of neutral, but not evil, at least as far as D&D alignments go. In a black and white world, he's certainly black, but with an alignment system that paints the average person in gray, that's where Punpun falls.

He's not a hero. Nor a villain. He doesn't have the moral intelligence or initiative to be either. He is simple an empty existence that reacts to his surroundings, almost like he lacks all the vital aspects of a protagonist. He was just a endless series of disappointments, a character that falls into being average or worse when we wanted him to be special.
>>
File: goodnight-punpun-v11-p062.png (305 KB, 838x1200) Image search: [Google]
goodnight-punpun-v11-p062.png
305 KB, 838x1200
More like dark neutral, or maybe apathetic/non-aligned
>>
>>47223898
Not in D&D.
>>
>>47228299
Filename includes the name of the source, I'm guessing?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.