[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /tg/, what's the medieval fantasy setting that more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: won't let me post.jpg (97 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
won't let me post.jpg
97 KB, 500x714
sup /tg/, what's the medieval fantasy setting that more people should know about because it's actually really underrated and original?

(not necessarily tabletop rpg settings, of course)
>>
>>47222496
Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>47222496
Greyhawk.
>>
>>47222496
Aarklash
Because it is dead as fuck and I like the RPG along with the funny hats that all of the ladies wear

It has Orcs and Elves and other generic tripe, but at the same time it has a well developed setting, interesting themes, and unique designs which set it apart.
>>
The setting from The Court of the Air. Not medieval, but certainly unique and interesting.
>>
>>47222496
KILL
SIX
BILLION
DEMONS
>>
File: 51vrCZJRHOL.jpg (59 KB, 331x500) Image search: [Google]
51vrCZJRHOL.jpg
59 KB, 331x500
>>47222496
The Belgariad, home-slice.
>>
The Diablo Universe is pretty dope, and no one really does much with it.

Its all psuedo biblical demons vs seraphim. who doesn't dig that?
>>
>>47224311
What is this?
>>
>>47224385
A book series written in the 80's about a young boy named Garion growing up on a farmstead. He's watched over by his aunt, Pol, and tries to get along with the other children despite feelingdifferentcliche.

The kid realizes that he and his immediate family are the last magic users alive, and a cross-continental adventure to save the world ensues as Garion grows into manhood over the course of three books.

The premise is cliche, but the way Eddings goes into detail about how magic works is amazing.
>>
>>47224690
It's probably the comfiest book I've ever read.
>>
>>47224311
>>47224690
>>47224708

But Sparhawk though?
>>
>>47224949
Can confirm, the Elenium was better.
>>
>>47222496
>medieval fantasy
>original
>i have no better reaction image

Looks legit.
>>
File: co-dming.png (549 KB, 611x460) Image search: [Google]
co-dming.png
549 KB, 611x460
>>47223438
Not exactly what I would call "medival fantasy" but

1.) "Medival Fantasy" has very little to do with medival themes anyways
2.) K6BD is fucking radical anyways
>>
>>47222496
Spelljammer with SPACE KNIGHTS!
>>
>>47222496
Fall From Heaven is one of my favorite settings, though I'd hesitate to call it "original". But it does use classic fantasy templates in a pretty solid way.
>>
>>47222496
Dealing with Dragons and its sequels.
>mirror mirror on the wall, I would like to make a call
>finally something quantifiable
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.