[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would pre Heresy, Emps and the 20 Primarchs have been enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Would pre Heresy, Emps and the 20 Primarchs have been enough against The Necrons if they were at War in Heaven levels?
>>
I guess so
>>
I guess no
>>
>>47221716
No.
The Old ones at their height with both Orks and the Eldar and the peak of their strength couldn't completely destroy the Necrons, and that's barring all the c'tan. The Emperor wouldn't outright lose, but it's far fetched to say he'd win either.
>>
>>47221716
Golden age humans would do better what with there 360 no scope time reversing blackhole shooting ships, still wouldnt be enough tho.
>>
>>47221859
>couldn't completely destroy the Necrons, and that's barring all the c'tan.
but that's wrong, the first part of the conflict between necrontyr and old ones was one way in favor of the old ones, it was the c'tan wo fucked up the balance
>>
>>47222470
Last I checked I wasn't talking about a specific part of the conflict. Rather the overarching result of it. I.e. relating to the period of time OP was referring to in reference to the necrons lying dormant at said time rather than the time of the war between the old ones and necron/Ctan to attempt to reason a hypothetical scenario where the Emperor would attempt to fight these necrons in the 30k.

Your argument is unrelated.
>>
>>47221859
>but it's far fetched to say he'd win
except we already know he beat a c'tan and turned it into a giant battery by his lonesome, without any great armies or superhuman generals

humans: 1
nerdbots: 0
>>
File: 1421082316857.gif (879 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1421082316857.gif
879 KB, 245x230
>>47222623
>mfw he is right

whelp, guess he needs to do it a few dozen times more, and hope that Magnus can at least manage one by himself.
>>
>>47222623
I found that strange though, sometimes emps is portrayed aa fuckhueg powerful but he makes the stupidest mistakes sometimes or has the foresight of a conscript hopped up on too much amasec
>>
>>47222652
it's because at the end of the day, even the emperor is subject to a higher power then himself

the needs of the writter
>>
>>47222666
oh lawdy
satanic trips confirm
>>
>>47222652
His mind is almost completely fucking alien to people. When Gramticus shoke His hand he got a glimpse of Big E's mind and said it His thoughts were on a galatic scale. Not to mention He's been around for fuck long and God knows what that does to your judgement.
>>
>>47222623
That was a C'tan shard. A big one, mind, but still a fragment of a true star god.

Assuming we're just pitting post-biotransferrence Necrons against the Imperium at its height, mankind gets shreked. The Old Ones were their superiors in both technology and mastery of the warp, and got blown the fuck out.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (20 KB, 376x391) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
20 KB, 376x391
>>47222701
so he's as insane, ignorant or blind as the next man? Considering the many things he missed and what happened because of it, that seems to be the most likely case.

ofc apart from hurr durr muh grimdark writer necessities
>>
>>47222872
He's just so far removed from the typical person insane ignorant and blind have no meaning to him. I saw a documentary the other day that said the part of the brain that controls emotions in orca whales is about twice as big as a humans. They are able to feel shit we don't have any concept of on top of what we know and their understanding of what we feel might be even deeper than we can understand as well. He was originally a person so he knows how to fake it well.
>>
>>47223032
No the emperor is ultimately just a man, a powerful one but deep down he can make simple oversights. That's crazy about nigger dolphins, it's like an Eskimos 50 words for snow.
>>
>>47222666
the writter must be a powerful force
trip dubs checked
>>
>>47221716
Doubt it. The Primarchs and the Imperium was more the Emperor's grand project to give humanity a kick in the pants to get them to the level of the Old Ones/Eldar and got Horus'd before that was finished.

He solo'd a shard yeah, but that's just it. A shard. At the height of their strength the C'tan were dealing some serious damage to the Old Ones and they were basically an entire race of God-Emperors.
>>
>>47223485
Not to mention the fact that the Necron's could probably have sniped Holy Terra from across the galaxy, given the kind of weapons they would have needed to have to kill the C'tan in the first place.

More appropriately though, the Old Ones were a race of Emeperor's. The C'tan were more like real space warp gods than anything else. Though not quite that powerful.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.