[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AoSG Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: image.jpg (903 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
903 KB, 1536x2000
>resources
pastebin.com/j5RAK09E

Last thread died, let's keep the shitposting going, I'll start.

>Mannfred did nothing wrong
>>
File: Untitled.png (24 KB, 1630x308) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
24 KB, 1630x308
>let's keep the shitposting going
Well, okay then. First for salty bitchtears from Hastings.
>>
>>47221161
Oh wow, he really has nothing nice to say about AoS.
>>
>>47221161
So what? It's at Fantasy level already and gaining traction? Bretty gud.
>>
Reposting rumours 1/2
>general's handbook
>-units have a model count cap (max 10 models, or 20 models, etc. depends on the unit)
>-you can only add models in "groups" (no points for individual models. example: add 5 liberators to your unit for X points)
>-book will contain points for all models, and they'll be included in battletomes going forward (i don't know if it's definitive, i couldn't tell if he assumed that was what's going to happen or if he was told by studio guys)
>-army organization is a mix of force org from 40k and the point-tiers from fantasy. for every X points in a game, you can have up to Y heros/wizards/monsters, etc.
>-in Match Play, there's the "Rule of 1s", in that 1s always fail, limit named characters to 1 per army, and units you summoned cannot summon other units that turn
>-weapon upgrades in units won't cost additional points.
>-some missions in the book that are styled like LotR games, where you recreate a major battle with each player bringing an army determined by the rules, and such missions will be included in battletomes.
>-narrative will have a lot of cool stuff to add to your games. magic items for your heroes to wield, new Path of Glory for all armies, new missions to run, etc.
>>
I dun made a thing:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10196067
>>
2/2
>-Slaanesh is not dead. Models are supposedly finished and they're waiting to get things ready (box art, artwork for future books, production, finding a time to include in the story, etc.) studios rarely release models the second they are done, there's a lot of prep work behind the scenes.
>>
AoS lore is a mess
>>
>>47221466
It's quite tidy really.
>>
>>47221505
You're mistaking clear as in tidy with clear as in barren
>>
I'm writing some fluff for my Khorne general and I'm kinda stuck. One big plot point I want to happen is that he essentially renounces demonhood and joins everchosen. Any way I write it I make it seem like he's a total bitch submitting to archeon or a Mary sue that's like archeon's right hand man.

Some things I've been thinking is that he wasn't actually going to become a demon prince but a spawn due to demon fuckery and archeon saves him, and/or he's sentimental about the old world (would it make sense for a character to make it to current AoS from the old world fluff wise without being a billion years old or something?) Thoughts?
>>
>>47221572
I mean he can easily be from the old world as time works weirdly in the mortal realms so it's entirely plausible.
>>
>>47221550
I wouldn't say barren, it's just not had much time to accumulate the intricacy of certain parts of the Fantasy world.
>>
>>47221466
It's no more messy than 40k, just no one reads the damn books.

That brings up another thing, having "free rules" is great but why the fuck did they think it would be a good idea to release huge hardback campaign books with minimal gameplay and not full lore and charge 60+ for them? I really want to learn about the game but those prices are rediculous.
>>
>>47221597
>time works weirdly in the mortal realms

Seems to work pretty normally for the most part.
Time is fucked up in the immortal realm.
>>
File: AoS5.jpg (79 KB, 720x620) Image search: [Google]
AoS5.jpg
79 KB, 720x620
>>47221107

Poll about Stormcasts and whether or not you collect. I've always been interested to see how many SC players we have. Feel free to respond thanks.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10196159

If you only own the SC from the starter set with no intention of buying any more, put yourself as no
>>
>>47221161
Let's be honest. Around 3/4 of 30% AOS sales are made by people buying miniatures for their old WFB armies and 40k - new orks/khorne dudes etc.
>>
>>47221637
I could have sworn there's some people from the old world in the lore who get reincarnated or lost in the warp or something along those lines. Looking for a sauce but I may fall asleep as its late
>>
>>47221753
Honestly at my local GW I haven't seen anyone buy AOS guys for 40k. It's been purely AoS
>>
>>47221753
Around 3/4 of statistics I pull out of my ass are true 30% of the time
>>
>>47221637
>>47221787
Isn't there some lore justification why all the old named characters are playable in age of sigmar that you could piggyback onto
>>
>>47221572
From Wikipedia -
>there are present souls who survived the End Times and have wandered through space
>>
>>47221664
yes, I collect stormcast, they are awsum, I also do not see them as marines, in fact I find them more human and relatable. I kinda would like a redesign of their masks. a great helm templar knight design would be nice as a alternative
>>
>>47221915
Those guys are either legacy characters, i.e. they ceased to exist, or some form of spirit (daemons, gods, saved to Nagash's harddrive).
>>
>>47221787
its not clear. some perished, some got eaten by chaos, some reborn, most are new peoples/creatures that just so happen to look like their previous races. Its magical and Dracothian remade everything, so its difficult to say.... Reboot
>>
>>47221572
Why not have him decline daemonhood on account of him considering it weak and a looser's replacement for actual skill at arms. After all, every jerkoff can talk like he's a big shit if he got immortality and power from big daddy K, but a *real* man does that under his own power.
He'd be obviously deluded, but that's the way of chaos.
>>
>>47221572
I would say the Khorne general had a plan to grant himself daemonhood, but when he saw the signs for Everchosen he went for that instead
>>
>>47222074
That's what I've been thinking, maybe have him run into an old warbuddy from the old world when he thought they all were dead, and wants to fight him fair and square. It actually wraps up that arc nicely, but I'm unsure on how to tie that into everchosen without a whole new arc.
>>
>>47221664
I almost finished with my Nurgle warband so im starting them soon.
models are really, really good when you look at them irl and overall different from marines.
if there were only more variety...
>>
>>47222196
My personal problem with them is they're too damn similar. Even marines are more on the combined arms side. Stormcast are just X with sword and board, X with big hammers, X with 2 slightly smaller hammers, ect. The same unit having 3 special rules for a mace/lance/axe make me miss generic "great weapons"
>>
Anyone have the leaked story involving ghouls eating an ogre?
>>
>>47221609
check pastebin m8
>>
>>47222321
What?
>>
Why do the Orcs wear yellow power armor now?
>>
>>47222969
One of the leaked shit from the new release.
Bunch of Ghouls snarling over Ogre entrails. Their Ghoul Kings walk by, causing the delusion of being nobility to come over them, and they share their "feast" as gentlemen.
>>
>>47223165
Because they have magic pigs who eat their enemies, and the Orcs only wear the metal that the pigs shit out after using their fists to bend and beat it into shape.

Which is actually worse lore.
>>
>>47221664
>if you own stormcast say you are not collecting stormcast
Wow, way to put a terrible spin on a survey. What is this for? To 'prove' to people nobody likes stormcasts? Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>47223307
Jesus Christ. A little triggered there, buddy?

And if you cared to actually read what he was saying or fill out the survey you would notice that the question is actually genuine.
>>
>>47223376
Its stupid. He said if you only own the starter set stormcasts then put yourself down as a no.

Why the fuck would I not consider myself as someone who collects stormcasts when I actually own stormcast models and play with them?
>>
>>47223432
Well then put yes down you fucking sperg.

I assumed he though logic would fill the blanks but apparently not.
>>
>>47223498
It's the principle, moron. When someone is saying they collect an army, they could very well be done buying for that army. It's a dumb survey and he should feel dumb.
>>
>>47223536
Right I'm the moron here.

Just put down yes and stop being so autistic.
>>
>>47223581
No. I refuse to participate in his survey because he is skewing the results. Yes, you are the moron.

>oh hey guys i have a survey here!
>put down yes if you have stormcast models, otherwise put no
>unless you have some stormcast models, put no
>>
>>47223536

not that guy but it kinda makes sense i think, i mean if yu don't buy anythine else for stormcasts how can you call yourself a collector with just the starter set?

u own a stormcast army but your not a collector
>>
>>47223708
I don't plan on expanding my army of Space Marines any further, but I am a collector.

I don't plan on expancing my stormcasts any further because I have enough for an army of my liking, but I am a collector.

When you say you are a collector of an army, then you have a collection of that army.

If anything he should have phrased the survey "if you plan on continuing to buy new models for your stormcast army, then put yes. Otherwise put no."

But that is still dumb because it would exclude a percentage of people who consider themselves stormcast players. Thus providing a skewed survey
>>
It's nice that we now have normal things to argue over, instead of arguing over shitposting.
>>
>>47223866
I know. We are having the same normal problems as all the other general threads. It's kinda nice. At least until the next big reveal or the next big book drop...
>>
>>47223986
We normally get a lot of positive comments during that time, except for the begging for scans or epub. Speaking of which, has any more come of this?
>There are many names attributed to the landmass which dwells between the realms. Voidshifter, The City Between Worlds, and The Warptouched Ruins, are all common names associated with the same place. To the few denizens who eek out a meager living here, it is Erraviheim(?). The city exists in the space between the Mortal Realms, ever orbiting them and collecting any fragments from the realms that have fallen into its own gravitational pull. How the city came to be positioned here is wildly speculated, although the large mass of warpstone, found along its surface and in the various cave systems that wind through the floating chunk of land, is thought to have played some part in the landmass's bizarre location. Multiple satellites orbit the city, each also having somehow found its way to inhabit the strange dimension. Among these are an ancient temple ship of the Seraphon, which has seen many Slann attempt to recover artifacts from the spacecraft's interior, Zharrvom, a Duardin hold that had been ripped from its original planetoid during a close encounter with the Realm of Fire, and the Eldritch Root, a giant stump that was pulled from the very ground of the Realm of Life, inadvertently saving the Aelves and Sylvaneth within it from an invasion of Nurgle daemons. Dotted along the surface of Erraviheim are locations that have collided with the island and been integrated with landmass. They have also provided some of the most ancient of texts and items, such as what is believed to be one Nagash's original times of necromancy, found amount the ruins of a piece of the Lord of Death's Black Pyramid, which crashed into Erraviheim after being blown apart by Skaven, while Nagash betrayed Sigmar at the Battle of the Allpoints.
>>
>>47224196
>This particular location has been set as the target of a raiding party from the horrors of the crypt king Vorash. One of the towers extending upward from the slanted piece of black stone has already been claimed by the royal ghoul. The touch of warpstone has also twisted many of the creatures that reside within this land and has given birth to whole new species of fauna, all of which appear to be far larger and more suited to extra dimensional travel than their uncorrupted counterparts. Recently, the Krakenspire Knights have entered Erraviheim to capture these beasts, but have found opposition in the fleet of Scourge Privateers, who have also claimed the warpbeasts as their prey. The chance to claim any powerful piece of history has caused many to attempt to find passage to the Shifting City. This is in and of itself a challenge as normal realmgates cannot grant access to the void between realms. Only realmgates infused with warpstone have been found to grant passage to Erraviheim, although others have found ways to access the city without the use of realmgates, such as the Skaven's gnaw-holes.
I think someone was asking about map, I can draw a really basic version that can serve as a rudimentary basis.
>>
>>47222192
Have his buddy talk shit about his original quest to daemon hood and downplay it as being weak mans choice, so in honor to his buddy and for himself, he seeks to gain power by what he deems as acceptable.
>>
>>47224196
>>47224237
Dude I still have all the factions saved that was made for this. It got crazy with shitposting for awhile and I decided to hold back for a bit. I can post if you want.
>>
>>47224237
Also yes please. If you want to draw it out you are more than welcome to do so. I think when I last posted up our stuff, we were debating on wether it be a planet of some sort, or actual bits of realms that are stitched together that are always changing, except for the main city(though the city itself grows/shrink/gets taller etc.)
>>
>>47225435
I think of it more as a chunk of land that has different satellites orbiting it and other bits smashed into the land mass itself.
>>
>>47225249
Yes please
>>
>>47225191
Thanks everyone for the help, I've got a solid outline done up and I'm planning on getting a rough draft of it done by Saturday.
>>
>>47225551
Conan the hell out of it. He didnt want a kingdom unless it was built by his own hand.
>>
>>47225543
oh k hang on
>>
New Lord of Change? Nipple eye, navel mouth!!! Yes! Yes! Do want!
>>
>>47225592
>>47225543
>>47225516
FACTIONS
Remember, this isnt us trying to shoe-horn every faction into the setting, this is just plausible reasons for them to be there.
So we've got
>Stormcast: Want to set up a Sigmarite refueling station and harvest bits of Sigmarite that drift in space maybe?
>Scourge Reavers: Kill and capture big creatures, warped from existing between realms
>Fyreslayers: Caught in an oath to protect the city(needs exapnding)
>Dispossesed Duardin: Crazed lord is trying to establish a hold by chaining the city to something, maybe bring it through a realmgate to whatever realm they're from
>Sylvaneth: Expand forest fortress out into the city between worlds Wanderers would also work here
>Skaven: Pestilents think there's a liber there, others want warpstone
>Seraphon: Want to reclaim lost city temple which may help in ressurecting lost Slann
>Daughters of Khaine: Want to find any trace of Khaine left behind
>Most of Chaos: Just want to pillage and shit
>Destruction: See Chaos
>Wanderers: They intended on placing their Waystones around the city, but they they need to clear it out first.
>>47224196
>>47224237
Since that got posted already I'll skip it,
but the writer did have this note at the end.
>That's what I got, so far. I'm not too sure on the name, Erravi means lost in Latin and I figured that using it could be a good combination of AoS's faux Latin language that can be seen in the Stormcast, and the older languages of the Old World.
>>
>>47225574
Is this basically the reason Archaon is technically still mortal? He casually and regularly fights gods with his same-old gear and has lived for an eternity, is there any reason he's less of a god than sigmar?
>>
>>47225799
Well, when your same old gear is uber buffed beyond belief, itd be hard to fail at whatever the task you were trying to accomplish. I think he is a god in his own right, but a god of the physical, rather than everyone else being partly zen with the inner universe crap.
>>
>>47225863
True, honestly it's hilarious to look at Archaon as a textbook powergamer. He joins chaos, then immediately starts doing raids for better and better gear until he minmaxes his way to everchosen.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 525x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 525x333
Leaked pics of the new slaanesh models.
>>
>>47227727

Lol
>>
>>47227727
That's the new Clan Eshin, you dolt!
>>
>>47221637
>Seems to work pretty normally for the most part.

Yep, but there are areas where time is fucked up. Though, they are mostly in Chamon.
>>
>>47221161
Just to be clear though isn't Age of Sigmar definitely in the top 5 world wide sales?
>>
>>47223536
Because some people buy starter sets and don't use everything in them and get them for an introduction to the game?

I hardly even touch my Khorne lads.
>>
>>47224196
>>There are many names attributed to the landmass which dwells between the realms. Voidshifter, The City Between Worlds,
So they didn't even try to hide that AoS is Planescape rip-off with warcraft factions?
>>
File: 1462836358513.jpg (345 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462836358513.jpg
345 KB, 1920x1080
So is Age of Sigmar actually failing in sales or is it asshurt WHFB fans and asshurt GW haters who are just desperate to see it not do well claiming these things.
>>
>>47228661

Any answer to this is speculation. Nobody knows exact details of GW's finances, though some people on here will try to convince you that they can figure it out with what obscure information is available.
>>
>>47228682
I see, but wasn't WHFB doing so terrible for years that it would take a real feat to actually somehow do worse?
>>
>>47228661
Not actually AoS, but whole GW buisnes slowly failing.
>>
>>47228711

People assume this is the case. There's a chance it's true, but again, nobody knows anything for sure.
>>
>>47225619
It's a shame there aren't more art pieces like this. Even as someone who was very hostile to the game for a long time I'll admit this one's pretty great, but so much of AoS' art is deviantart-tier crap.
>>
>>47228779
I see, its hard for me to gauge the success of any Warhammer shit in my city as the wargaming LGS closed down because dumb neckbeard owner making it a neckbeard clubhouse and I don't know where the scene picked up and the official GW is straight on the other side of town.
>>
File: bretonnia.jpg (187 KB, 767x998) Image search: [Google]
bretonnia.jpg
187 KB, 767x998
Does anyone think bretonnia will get a spiritual successor in AoS? If so, do you think we could see anything like in pic related? some would say this was too "high fantasy" for WHFB, but could it work in this game?
>>
>>47228797

Same with me. I'm in Eastern CT. There is no LGS anywhere nearby and my closest GW store is an hour away in Hartford. But I have corresponded with the store and they do have people playing AoS. They're currently on their second big campaign event since launch.
>>
>>47228853
>faction of christian knights
>AoS
>>
>>47228853
If they hadn't already axed it, I would have given it a fair chance.
Maybe fantastical Knights still have a good spot in the freeguild but the Demigryph Knights already fill that up pretty well.
>>
>>47228853
They already have one
Flesh Eater Courts
>>
>>47228853
I think with the subfactions it's highly likely something like bretonnia will come back in some form, even if it's only a few models. Then they can easily make it very distinct from the Empire/Free People and don't have to have overlap.
>>
>>47228890
yea having no LGS sucks ass.

I guess a new one opened fairly near me that I hear is mostly casual boardgame type stuff but Games Workshop has them listed as a retailer so I guess I'll pop in tomorrow and see if they have any Age of Sigmar going on.
>>
>>47228968
>one unit fill the faction
Wew, I almost forget that AoS factions represented by 1-2 units.
>>
>>47229158
I really hope that they will build the factions further. Loads of oppurtunities and I like the whole idea behind it a lot.
>>
>>47225619
If we ever get a new Lord of Change, it will be a fucking gargantuan bullshit thingy like the new Bloodthirster.

Player-base: We want new greater demons. The old ones look like shit and are resin.
GW: Sure, here, have this giant oversized, way-too-big-for-its-rules, twice-as-expensive plastic kit. Oh and here's a formation with bonuses if you have three of 'em.
>>
>>47229531
Yeah, I'd like some actual Demigryph-riding Heroes. I mean, sure, I can convert an Amber Wizard to sit on a Demigryph, but there aren't any rules for that. In fact, they even took the option of horses for Battle Wizards away, so it's even harder to pull off now. Brb, writing a warscroll for that stuff.
>>
>>47229618
I hope not. I do like the Bloodthirster kit though. Rumour mill says new LoC comes in 2017.
>>
>>47229651
Lion Ranger, Shadow Blades, Swifthawk Agents. They all need some more filling and a warscroll battallion or two.

Why didn't they just retain Lothern Seaguard in the Swifthawk agents by the way?
>>
File: Untitled 2.png (571 KB, 1061x613) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 2.png
571 KB, 1061x613
>>47221393
Well, I can see how the wind's blowing round these parts at least.
>>
>>47229618
Greater Daemons aren't too big for their rules. It's the other way around. Even more so in 40k.
>>
>>47229693
>Well, I can see how the wind's blowing round these parts at least.
The winds of chaos
>>
>>47229651
There we go.

Amber Battlemage on Demigryph

Wounds: 7
Move: 10"
Save: 5+
Bravery: 6

Melee Weapons:

Beaststaff - Range: 2" - Attacks: 1 - To Hit: 4+ - To Wound: 3+ - Rend: -1 - Damage: D3
Demigryph's Razor-sharp Talons - Range: 1" - Attacks: 3 - To Hit: 4+ - To Wound: 3+ - Rend: -1 - Damage: 1

Description: An Amber Battlemage on Demigryph is a single model. The Battle Wizard is armed with a Beaststaff and rides upon a Demigryph that attacks with its Razor-sharp Talons.

Abilities:

Savage Ferocity: If the wound roll for a Demigryph's Razor-sharp Talons is a 6 or more, then that attack inflicts D3 damage instead of 1.

Amber Battlemage: You can add 1 to casting rolls for a Battlemage if the battle is taking place in the Realm of Beasts.

Magic:
A Battlemage can attempt to cast one spell in each of your hero phases and attempt to unbind one spell in each enemy hero phase. He knows the Arcane Bolt, Mystic Shield and Wildform spells.

Wildform: With a roar the wizard infuses his allies' battle spirits with the savage strength of wild creatures. Wildform has a casting value of 6. If successfully cast, pick a unit within 18". Until your next hero phase you can add 1 to all wound rolls for that unit in the combat phase.

Keywords: Order, Human, Collegiate Arcane, Hero, Wizard, Battlemage
>>
>>47229688
I'd say because they were extremely mono-pose models that were also pretty cheap.
Also, the Swifthawk Agents are supposed to be super speedy (not that you'd notice with the foot-slogging Shadow Warriors), so a defensive-minded, slow mid-range infantry would stick out like a sore thumb. Though I agree, they could just have left the Sea Guard and the Sea Helm in.

>>47229695
The old ones aren't. The new Bloodthirster so definitely is too big for its rules in 40k, though. He's like a fraction of an inch smaller than a Wraithknight, but thanks to the way Gargantuan Creatures work, the Wraithknight can STOMP on the Bloodthirster. That's the epitome of "too big for its rules".
>>
>>47229618
Cool. Bring it on. I will take the new huge models any day.
>>
>>47229798
That's cool. I'd be down with that warscroll. Wounds 7 seems high-ish for a weedy wizard, but that'd be nitpicky.
>>
>>47230180
Thanks for the feedback. I thought it shouldn't just be 5, because the Demigryph Knights have 4 as opposed to the average 2 Wounds for cavalry, but maybe 6 is enough too.
>>
File: Sauron.png (494 KB, 500x722) Image search: [Google]
Sauron.png
494 KB, 500x722
>listen to the audiobooks
>Nagash calls Archaon the Dark Lord

So they stole from Lords of the Rings as well?
>>
>>47230242
I thought one of nagashs titles was ''Dark lord of the dead'' already?
>>
>>47230242
Calling your big bad the Dark lord has been a trope for years, though tolkien was the first to use it like so many tropes.
>>
>>47229618
Man, I'd be all for a Skarbrand-sized Keeper of Secrets.
Three variants, like the 'thirster kit, would be ideal.
>>
>>47221664
Technically I don't currently, I have a few models that I like such as the Vexillor and a box of dudes, but Im working on my Seraphon frst before I return to them to buy more. So I put down yes.
>>
>>47222303
>>47222196
Im kind of okay with them looking simmilar, I think the unified look works pretty well.
>>
>>47221981
Why not use some fireforge/others teutonic great helms as substitute?
>>
Unboxing video.

youtube.com/watch?v=dHH6r5b7l5U&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>47223432
Your autism is of the scale. He clearly meant that if you just 'have' the starter set models but dont plan on buying more then put down no. If you havent them and play with them then put down yes. Fuck my native language isnt even english and I still understood that.
>>
>>47223866
Shitposting decreases with the amount of content we have to talk about. As GW releases more and more AoS stuff shitposters lose their leg to stand on.
>>
>>47230369
Still don't see the point of these. What do they tell you that someone taking high def pics of the box contents doesn't?
>>
>>47228661
Do you really think the WHFB community was so autistic that they collectively want to drive AoS into the ground by spreading bullshit unsubstantiated rumors and harassing people who play the game?

The answer is yes thats exactly whats happening. You want proof? Go to Warseer.
>>
>>47230242
Yeah, that's right. I forgot Tolkien put a fucking copyright on the words "dark lord". Damn, the guy should posthumously sue every DM and GM on the whole planet.
>>
>>47230219
I'd say 6 wounds would be perfect. The Lord-Celestant on Drakoth has 7 wounds to the Drakothian Guards 5, so 6 wounds to the Demigryphs 4 would be spot-on.
>>
>>47230465
:^)
>>
>>47230242
I find it funny that Nagash would call someone else a dark lord.

Anyway, who does Nagash hates the most? Archaon or Sigmar?
>>
>>47230284
Yeah, all those variants
>1 penis and 1 vagina
>2 penises
>2 vaginas
>4 boobs
>6 boobs
>>
>>47230573
>warhammer models with penis or vagina
>2016
Dude they even replaced de witch by naked male.
>>
>>47230598

>no penis or vagina
>naked male

Um. Buddy. I... I have some bad news for you.
>>
Do we have any leak of the Tzaangor warscroll yet? I really wanna know how they'll fit into my force because they are beautiful.
>>
>>47230674
Not fot me, penis or vagina didn't fit T.
>>
>>47230397
I was on Dakkadakka and the salt is unreal.
>>
>>47230685
Not that I've seen, but I think if you imagine Bestigors with Tzeentch keyword you won't be too far off.
>>
>>47230543
Definitely Archaon. Nagash is pissed off at Sigmar for the whole Stormcast soul shenanigans, but he's a pretty good sport about it. Pretty good sport, in Nagash terms, meaning "yeah I can't have them all at once, so I'll keep nibbing bits and pieces until they're in tatters and useless to Sigmar".

But with Archaon it's personal. Dude kicked the ever-living crap out of Nagash. Twice, I think.
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 1024x822) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 1024x822
>>47230727
The worst part of it all imo is that stupid cuntbreaths like Hastings go out and say shit like "people are free to not like something. The AOS community bullies and trolls anyone who doesn't like AOS and it's disgusting."

When all the people who "don't like" AOS ever do is go out of their way to shitpost and troll and harass people who play the game. And when we tell them to rightly fuck off, it's all "hurr AOS Fahd are the worst."

We just want to be left alone man.
>>
>>47230901
*fans

Weird autocorrect there.
>>
>>47230846
I just hope they are as mobile as bestigors, that's all I ask. It's tzeentch so I'm sure they'll probably fly as well or something.
>>
>>47221107
Did anybody else feel like their faction got hit with the bland stick compared to others?

Although I don't play the faction, I believe that Wood Elves got a good thrashing from the bland stick. They are just... boring compared to Stormcast or flesh eater courts or Skaven.
>>
>>47231073
Nah, just all old faction from WHFB looks borring now.
>>
>>47231073
It will be that way sadly till the update book hits your faction probably as a subfaction or two.
>>
>>47231073

I think that's going to be the case for most factions until they each get their respective Battletomes and we get their updated fluff/kits/scrolls.

As for the Wanderers specifically, I don't remember all the details of what they've said so far, but I like the idea of them going around setting up waystones and being a magical guerrilla army.
>>
>>47231145
>liking fantasy gipsies
>>
File: 1369247087063.jpg (24 KB, 503x335) Image search: [Google]
1369247087063.jpg
24 KB, 503x335
>>47230901

He's right though. I've seen it happen enough times here on /tg/ or other places like Faeit. If you display even an iota of criticism of AoS you are instantly mobbed. You can't even say you don't like a model without being branded a shitposter, troll and agent provocateur.

It goes both ways and there are hardcore AoSers that like to stir the pot too. Look at the passive aggressive dullard a few posts down. Any mention of the old WHFB (even just their races) is a opportunity to take a cheap shot. That's how it starts.
>>
>>47231205
Wait which dullard?

The bland stick thing? That's true though.
>>
>>47231222

No, the guy who replied in broken english that all the old factions are boring.
>>
>>47231257
It's the Slav from the WHFB threads. He is trolling and shitposting both generals. You can recognize him by his bad English.
>>
>>47231205
>is a opportunity to take a cheap shot.
Because factions from generic fantasy setting looks a little borring in multiversal settings like AoS?
>>
>>47231205
>Look at the passive aggressive dullard a few posts down. Any mention of the old WHFB

I want you to look in this thread >>47226466 and go to the archives and look for broken English you will find an anon who has been trolling both sides. He playing both sides against each other.
>>
File: you fucking serious brew.jpg (52 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
you fucking serious brew.jpg
52 KB, 500x366
>>47223646
I'm not even that guy, but bud, you need to sit the fuck down and re-evaluate yourself.

Its simple, let me spell it out to you in clear, logical terms.

Option A;
You buy the starter set, and inside of it, are the Stormcast Eternals. That part of the box is sort of there and you like it, but you aren't too fond of it. You keep it around for others to play with, or you occasionally lug it around to play with yourself, but it is NOT your main force. You have not bought any more miniatures for it, thus, you have not spent more dollars than you had on the box set on the ACTUAL model sets GW makes for them. Thus, you do NOT put money into the LINE OF STORMCASTS. Thus, you do NOT collect the army, you have the starter set and thats it.

Option B;
After buying the Age of Sigmar boxed set, you become increasingly infatuated with the face plate Arnold Schwarzenneger Knights, and you need some more sweet Stormy love. You got out and buy another box of Liberators, maybe a Celestant Prime. Building and painting them swiftly, you realize you enjoy the army very much. You go buy more. You COLLECT Stormcast, because you CONTINUALLY PURCHASE STORMCAST MODELS.

Option C;
You fucking hate Spess Mehreen rip offs, and you tried to like it because you have them just because you wanted the Bloodbound. You sell them off to a friend or give them away to your little brother. You do NOT collect Stormcasts.

Alright?

Jesus bud just think about it before getting mad on the internet over a little poll. Clearly if a man has spent 0 dollars on a line he isn't really collecting it, though he has some models. Its like buying a lot of IG that comes with some AdMech models, you like them, you paint them, but its not really your main army nor do you plan on collecting more.
>>
I never realised strawpolls were such SRS BIZNISS. I thought they were just a bit of fun.
>>
>>47231410
They aren't. This is what happens when one autist is so obnoxiously and loudly against one he manages to contaminate an entire thread with it.
Rule of thumb is, was, and always will be that 99% of all strawpolls are either boring, stupid, unnecessary or all of the above.
>>
>>47231073
Frankly I like the Wood Elves the way they are right now. They aren't bombastic like "Here be dragons. Over there are the flying sky chariots. Here're your super wizards. Woohoo" but they are a functional army with an engaging playstyle and a pretty consistent aesthetic (Sisters of Avelorn take some getting used to tho) and a pretty interesting new background (seen as traitors by the Sylvaneth and rightfully so but now they want to earn back their trust and help restore nature across the realms) and I honestly find that better than an army split into about eight disparate factions that have nothing in common with each other.
>>
>>47231303
>nd look for broken English you will find an anon who has been trolling both sides. He playing both sides against each other.
This.
In go in whfb general too and the only ones who are claiming these things are obvious trolls. To mistake them for actual real players you must be blind.
As the other anon said, its probably the same guys who are trolling Aos general too, and that's because they usually take whatever has been said here to paste there with provoking comments.
>>
>>47229531
I figure the reason GW made the subfactions and, in particular, made some of them so small, is because they intend on doing things with them in the future. If they didn't, they would've either rolled them into a larger subfaction or, more likely, just squatted them.

I'm waiting on Lion Rangers, myself.
>>
>>47231722
In the particular case of Lion Rangers, I think we will be seeing something new eventually, but some sub-factions are just meant to be support I think.

Deathmages for example. It wouldn't even make sense for those to have units because all the cannon fodder the Deathmages could ever wish for can be found in the Deathrattle, Deadwalker and Flesh-Eater Courts factions.

Or Ironweld Arsenal. You'd have to be a giant flaming asshole to make an army made up only of war machines, especially in a game where you can fire in and out of combat.
>>
>>47231174

Haha. Guilty as charged I guess. I main Dwarfs though.
>>
>>47230543
Mannfred
>>
>>47231722
I just hate how annoying it makes the app, I think that's the literal only reason to dislike them.
>>
File: Heroes.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Heroes.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So, we're having another AoS campaign in the store, this time with a little twist.
The basic inspiration is 'The Seven Samurai' and similar movies/stories/games.
Each player creates a number of unique heroes, with warscroll and everything. For whatever reason these bands of heroes find themselves in Shyish and must adventure their way across the Realm of Death to find a working realmgate to escape from the place. But not every realmgate necessarily brings salvation, since it can just lead to other weird places in Shyish.
(Yes, this premise also works on stormcast, daemons and the like. No, you don't get to ask how.)
You get either 6 regular heroes or 4 mounted/flying heroes. We're also talking about allowing players to instead take a single hero on a monster, but that's not yet sorted.
Meanwhile, all the store's Death players are the antagonists and play with their regular armies. Their job is to oppose the hero teams in addition to the teams fighting against each other (or working together).
All heroes retain their command trait, but during any given turn only one command trait can be used between all of them. In addition, each hero gains the Command Trait 'Keep it together!', which restores d3 wounds to a hero with zero wounds.
For the most part we'll use various battleplans from the books as well as some the organizers have come up with. One of which is the defense of a cluttered village by three hero teams against innumerable undead, while also looking for certain relics in the the buildings, creating a dilemma of having to working together while having incompatible goals. I'm really looking forward to that last one.
The whole thing is for now planned to last for three to four months, but if the reception is good (we have nine teams and three undead guys so far), the whole thing could also be expanded to last longer.

I've got three heroes down so far, thanks to you guys, and two more at least done in concept.
>>
>>47228293
not in the top 5 yet, but in the top 10.
>>
File: FHD0060.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FHD0060.jpg
526 KB, 1920x1080
If anyone is curious about just how big a Maw-Krusha really is, I just assembled one and made a little size comparison with my Rotbringers.

I'm posting this because I'm absolutely baffled by how fucking massive this thing is. The Orruk on top of it is humongous as well, easily dwarfing your average Sigmarine.
>>
>>47231880
I think having to scroll through 50 battalions before you can see the actual units is the worst thing about the app
>>
>>47231957
yer a wizaerd, wargamer!
>>
>>47231900
I really really want to visit your shop now.
>>
>>47231900
That sounds incredibly fun. Wish my store did as much.
>>
File: photo_2016-05-13_16-58-37.jpg (125 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-05-13_16-58-37.jpg
125 KB, 1280x960
>>47231900
Dubs cant lie! wish my lgs would do something like this.
Instead they insist on pushing 50 wounds games.
Its the worst comp ever and I would really like to push battleplans and narrative play instead.
Anyway, WIP of my Plague Araknarok.
Used TONS of greenstuff, and im pretty happy of the result.
At first I tought to add spikey bits and stuff from chaos sprites, but in the end it looked fine like this and I had fear of putting too many things on it.
Toughts?
>>
File: IMG_0050.jpg (170 KB, 957x751) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0050.jpg
170 KB, 957x751
>>47231900
Actually forgot to get to the point: Anyone have any ideas for the sixth hero?
The other concepts I've got is a astronomer-sage (repurposing this guy, which has sat around gathering dust up to this point) and what is basically Vandrek Crom, Stormcast edition.
I'm open for suggestions.
>>
>>47232133
and back!
>>47232134
depends on what you have. or do you want to buy one just for the campaign?
>>
File: photo_2016-05-13_16-58-45.jpg (144 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-05-13_16-58-45.jpg
144 KB, 1280x960
>>47232150
forgot pic lol
>>
>>47232133
Uah, that looks pretty disgusting already. With a propper paintjob that'd probably give me a heart attack. Good job, I'd say.
At least from this angle the orc looks kinda out of place, though.
>>
>>47232150
Got three paladins and a assload of bits left over from all my other sigmarine shit, so weapon and armor wise I'm probably set, but I'm not necessarily adverse to buying a new kit, either, as long as it's no Stardrake...
>>
>>47232160
Thanks! Im just making the front "hole" shit/vomit Nurglins. I think on using either hot glue or Andrea's water effect, opportunely "putrified".
the orc looks good irl, but yeah, o this angle looks pretty outta place, like, "wtf im doing here man".
>>47232178
You can make a insiperd-stormcast Mage, or use prosecutors wings to make a flying one to add some variety.
>>
>>47232296
also, maybe ill add some kind of saddle or make meaty strings to leash his legs to the spider.
>>
Beast of the Grave(Death or whatever it called) faction gone? The one contain only zombie dragon and terrorgheist.
>>
>>47232178
>>47232134

Well, let's look at cool concepts and at sensible choices for a balanced team.

That astronomer, if I remember correctly you once tried to stat him as a wizard. I'd suggest you make him a Priest instead, with his prayers either giving the Stormcasts around him rerolls To Hit or dropping a meteor onto the enemy. In melee, just give him the same profile as an Azyros or Relictor, so 4 attacks 3+/3+/-1/1

The Holy Crom... Actually, how about you just get yourself the Knight Questor from Silver Tower and pimp that model a bit? Stat-wise, give him bonuses against Heroes.

Other than that, how about a Paladin with the big super-crossbow from the Judicators and Prosecutor wings on his back? Stat the gun similar to a Stegadon Boltthrower (25", 3 shots, 4+/3+/-1/D3) and call him the Knight Vindicator (why yes, I did shamelessly rip that concept off from Darksiders)
>>
>>47232318
They're part of the Flesh-Eater Courts now. Got the Keywords and everything.
>>
Can anyone give a first time player tactical advice? Do I even need tactics for this game? I'm taking my currently painted High Elves
>Prince or mage on dragon
>prince on griffon
>2 mages, 1 mounted
>lion chariot
>20 white lions and korhil
>20 sword masters
>20 sea guard
>5 reaver princes
>great eagle
Any advice for a general battleplan in this game? I've got a lot more high elves and could take most other options but I'd have to paint them to my colour scheme as I can't stand unpainted or mismatched models
>>
>>47232133
I'm glad my suggestion got turned into something proper nasty. Good work, anon!
>>
So, does anyone have the leaked "Ghouls eating an Ogor" story?
>>
>>47232954
For a first game, I would play with less models, just to grasp the game's mechanics. You can go big later.
I never played elf so I have no idea on how the play so Ill just leave that for another anon.
As for battleplans, one of the most loved is "The watchtower", so you can either go for that or any battepan in Aos starter works fine.

Also, general advices:
>Any unit can pile up to 3", even if that means attacking a unit different than the initial target. be careful about positioning and charging, because it can be the bane of your more squishy units even when you tought they were safe.

>Don't underestimate heroes on foot. Most of them may look squishy and weak on c/c, but most of them have buffs and abilities wich can buff to the extreme other units. Pick yoir targets carefully!

>weaker units-like goblins-may look weak at a first glance, but can be buffed to a ridicolous level. Don't underestimate blob of units!

>Always remember that the turns are not linear. There's always a chance to get 2 turns in a row-be careful when planning your strategies, be ALWAYS prepared for the worse!

Have fun!
>>47233092
That was a good advice indeed. Thanks, im pretty happy of the result! Now I just have to paint him, 3 river trolls, a few plague drones and plaguebereares and HOPEFULLY I have finally a finished army!
>>
Does the pastebin have all the battle plans?
>>
Fantasy player here, been browsing AoS models for something I like but haven't seen any yet.

Need to place an order for a Maneater, so anyone know what the next AoS release might be? That way I don't slap myself in the head it it turns out to be right after something gets released that I do want.
>>
>>47231957
Watch him be given rules in 40k and called The Beast
>>
>>47233208
No plans for new Ogres, for now.
It is rumored that Elves are next.
>>
>>47233198
>battle plans
Minus the Warhammer World event.

>>47232954
>tactics
Micro-management, tips like place 2 units close enough, if unit A charged by enemy, unit B can pile in and attack too, for example, place unit of swordmen(high save) in front of spearmen(long reach) unit.
>>
>>47233208

Silver tower is the next AoS release. Beyond that there there has been rumblings of more Slyvaneth (tree people) kits and greater daemon of tzeentch.
>>
>>47233273
Also more slaanesh to come at around same time as sulvanteth, this is from a fairly reputable source too.
>>
>>47233259
>>47233273
I play Elves, I guess I'll hold off then. I hate the Silver Tower Elves, but would still facepalm if I missed out on a decent sculpt for a Mage or something out of pessimism.

Thanks.
>>
>>47233326
Supposedly Bretonnians and TK are being rereleased some time in the near future (2016 or 2017)
>>
>>47233350
That's just mean, anon.
>>
>>47233366
TheInsider on faeit212 said so
>>
>>47233373
I still call bullshit.
I know GW has cut itself off from the Fantasy community, but I don't see them intentionally and blatantly salting the W like that.
>>
>>47231205
>Paerty
>>
File: DSC02540a_zps8siutufq.jpg (153 KB, 1024x671) Image search: [Google]
DSC02540a_zps8siutufq.jpg
153 KB, 1024x671
>>47233397
TK are mentioned quite a bit in the recent battletomes and novels.

They are also still in the AOS app, and are being included in the Generals Handbook point system coming this summer.

All signs are pointing to a TK rerelease
>>
Guys I'm getting into Age of Sigmar. Should I wait until the generalshandbook is released? Or just immediately go for the starter set?
>>
>>47233350
I only mentioned slaanesh as they were explicitly mentioned in the SAME leak that mentioned the Slyvaneth
>>
>>47233464
Buy a unit you'll build your army around and play no matter what and save planning of the whole thing for points
>>
Hey guys, two questions:

1. How did all the mundane races (i.e. not daemons or eternals etc.) end up in the mortal realms? Were they scooped up by their respective deities at the end of the world, and have since been rebuilding their societies in the mortal realms?

2. Any lore for Ogres yet? Did Gork and Mork decide they loved them as they love Orks and rescue them?
>>
>>47233446
>All signs are pointing to a TK rerelease
Yeah, they removed entire faction for the future release.
>>
>>47233565
1. Yeah pretty much

2. Nothing really new. There's a little bit about them in Grand Alliance: Destruction but it's the same old "walk around killing and eating everything" fluff that ogres had before
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>47233523
I hope this thread doesn't become like the 40k General when points are released.

I like the fact that the are no "objective best/ worst models" discussions.

Little worried. Not gonna lie.
>>
File: Lord-Celestant_wings.jpg (162 KB, 723x874) Image search: [Google]
Lord-Celestant_wings.jpg
162 KB, 723x874
>>47232344
>>47232296
Thanks for the suggestions. Making the astronomer guy a priest would be sensible, I have been iffy about a stormcast mage as of late since someone pointed out that there might deliberatly be no magic-capable stormcast on account of Sigmar not wanting any possible connection to Choas on his guys. He'd have to have prayers clearly different from the Lord-Relictor though. And maybe a fucking dispel like the other worthless priest should have had in the first bloody place.
As for wings, that's kinda out on account of the setup outlined earlier. No wings or drakoths on my guys.
I'm also gonna shamelessly nick the term Knight-Vindiator. That name is too good not to use.
Incidentally, I recently *did* kitbash a winged sigmarine hero.
>>
Why are Games Workshop (Or WARHAMMER as my local store is now rebranded) employees so strange?

I was asking what kind of restrictions there were on what you could field in a game of AoS (after he told me that points were too complicated and "unbalanced") and he said you can play anything you like, if you don't like what someone plays, don't play them again. Is it just me or is this retarded and a toxic way of playing a game?
>>
>>47233629
Poor troll.
>>
>>47233629
I mean, that's literally what the rules are.
>>
Anyone here with experience with skaven? Do you have anything specifically to offset the low leadership?

I was thinking of making a grey seer my warlord for the command ability but with 5+ 5wounds he seems liable to get shot to death early on.
>>
File: images (72).jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images (72).jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>47233464
Warhammer quest is better boxset if you like daemons and birdmen
>>
>>47233464
The Starter or a Start Collecting! box are the best way to get into it
There's really no reason to wait for the General's Handbook. By the time you are done modeling/painting/figuring out the basics of AOS it will be out and you'll be ready for the points and narrative play

>>47233677
Warhammer quest is a bad set to start playing AOS
>>
>>47233698
>Warhammer quest is a bad set to start playing AOS
All sets are equally good to start playing AoS. At least until there's point system in place.
>>
>>47233397
All they did is not include them in grand alliance pack and put them on clearance. An all flying brets arent too far fetched in this subfaction age
>>
>>47233565
Some age of myth land chunks are still floating in space, unraeped
>>
>>47233600
It's tough, because GW is kinda emphasizing that the point system is not their intention on how AoS is supposed to be played, and that it's only being implemented to appease the tourney players. But a lot of players are very dependent on point systems, since they're in most big-nam wargames, so there's a risk of the point system taking over simply due to that dependency and, by extension, demand.

Personally, I much prefer the free-form army building, but I'm also not opposed to the point system. I just don't want it to take control.
>>
File: fec1.png (216 KB, 464x457) Image search: [Google]
fec1.png
216 KB, 464x457
>>47233108
This bit?
>>
>>47221161
Where's this 30% figure coming from?
>>
File: blue-horrors-ogroid.jpg (378 KB, 1096x749) Image search: [Google]
blue-horrors-ogroid.jpg
378 KB, 1096x749
>>47233718
>>
>>47221753
ayyy
>>
>>47233698
Its a great set if you dont wanna play stormcast or khorne..

Use/sell the six heroes

or play chaos, just add flamers
>>
>>47221107
LADS, I find myself at a quandary.

I really want to get into Warhammer. I've been looking at starting for years and now I'm finally on a strong enough salary to justify putting aside several hundred pounds for a hobby.

Now my issue is as follows:

I hate the aesthetic of 40k and much prefer WFB, but I want to play competitively. Are the rules for AoS really much worse than 40ks latest edition? Would adding points fix most of the issues?
>>
>>47234014
>expressing currency in quid
this means you live in a country with enough of a tabletop scene that GW isn't your only option
>>
>>47233108
What's the big deal with this story? Why is everyone so obsessed with it?
>>
>>47234014
Imho, AoS is way better then 40k atm, with or without point system.
>>
>>47234053
its pretty spooky, anon
>>
>>47234041
Yeah, but the model quality is a big draw.

I was looking at getting into Flames of War but the infantry sets look like they spent a few minutes in a microwave.
>>
>>47234053
Because it is a really nice representation of the new strigoi fluff. I mean, just read it again (>>47233780), don't you agree it's a cool bit of story?
>>
>>47234148
Yeah it's pretty neat.

I thought people were obsessing over it because they thought it was shit or something.
>>
>>47234090
40k is a mess in need of a good pruning, rules-wise, AoS is very streamlined, to the point where some say too much so. Playing either competetively is a fool's errand right now.
If you want competetive, you best go and look at stuff like warmahordes or infinity instead.
You gotta pick your poison either way.
>>
>>47234178
You are very pessimistic
>>
>>47234188
I would play Warmahordes but the models are terrible
>>
>>47234214
Infinity or X-wing.
>>
>>47234268
Infinite has tiny overdesigned pieces of shit and i dont like the gameplay of xwing
>>
>>47234302
>>47234214

The matched system will launch at mid-summer, if you start modeling, painting now, your force should ready for the point system.
>>
>despised the sigmarines in the beginning
>see a lot of cool conversions making them look like knights
>suddenly want to get sigmarines now
the fuck is wrong with me, Im supposed to hate them
>>
>>47234648
they grew on me, too

I really like them now
>>
>>47233565

1. There's three ways that most races used to get from the World-That-Was to the Mortal Realms.
>Fought their way out of the Realm of Chaos.
>Went into pocket dimensions created by wizards.
>Their souls/memories/spirits latched on Mallus and because of the mix of the magic from the End Times and the pure hatred all those souls had for Chaos they were reborn.
Only the Seraphon and the Sylvaneth have their means to get there specified.
>Sylvaneth seeds were rescued by Ariaelle from the World-that-was and she planted them all over the mortal realms.
>Seraphon took of in their ships and travelled through space until Dracothion found them and brought them to High Azyr.

2. There's a novel where the Stormcasts fight heavily armoured Ogors and Grand Alliance: Destruction gives a brief review of the four Ogor factions: Maneaters, Firebellies, Beastclaw Raiders, Gutbursters.
>>
>>47233780
I love it.
>>
>>47233668
There is really only one way around Skaven Bravery. Mass. Every 10 models in a unit subtract one from Battleshock tests, which most people ignore but which really helps Skaven. Other than that, make your peace with rats occasionally scurrying.

Making a Grey Seer your general is the last thing you should be doing, though that has very little to do with the 5 Wounds. A Skaven Warlord has a Command that can actually make your Skaven killier, which in turn means less casualties on your side, which means less painful Battleshock results.

In very, VERY big games (like 200 Wounds and up) the Grey Seer becomes a viable general, because his Command bubble is massive and if you have dozens of models fleeing each turn, there IS value in his skill.

Other than that, focus on a Warlord, an Arch Warlock, Stormvermin and Stormfiends and Bravery won't be all that big a deal.
>>
File: 1437926751368.png (341 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
1437926751368.png
341 KB, 600x620
>>47234302
>Infinite has tiny overdesigned pieces of shit
Top fucking kek, well enjoy your brillant miniatures.
>>
>>47234648
>look like knights
>Blood Angels homoarmor
>WoW shield
>like knights
>>
>>47236048
One of these things is not like the others

One of these things does not belong
>>
>>47236150
Well, they had the same detalisation.
>>
>>47236048
I will never not laugh when I realise there's a stormcast in these pics
>>
>>47236251
Wut? It's new Stormcast box, guys from the same tribe as new warpriests.
>>
>>47235875
Thanks anon, I like those models as well so should be fun to paint them up and play them too.
>>
>>47233523
>>47233677
>>47233698

Yea I think I'll go for warhammer quest. I'm really digging the tzeentch models.
>>
File: wut.png (297 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
297 KB, 640x640
>>47236066
what are you? fucking gay?
>>
Is there anywhere to score .pdfs or images of the grand alliance books yet?
>>
>>47236523
>likes sigmarines
>calling someone else a gay
>>
>>47236570
>>47236338
>>47236048

A bit late for the 10 am shitposting, don't you think?
>>
File: image.png (180 KB, 862x911) Image search: [Google]
image.png
180 KB, 862x911
BOLS have an article on Solver a Tower gameplay if anyone is interested.

As in, they leaked the next White Dwarf and it has a game in it.
>>
>>47236554
Alright, this marks the seventh time. I've had it with nicely explaining this.

The fucking Grand Alliance books will never be scanned, because there's no fucking need to scan them. All the warscrolls can already be legally fucking downloaded on the goddamn GW homepage. The fluff sections are about as big as the flavor texts you can find on the homepage as well. And all the stupid Battalions that are worth playing are constantly posted in this general anyway.

Get your heads out of your asses and fucking comprehend this. There will never be pdf's of these books.
The only reason for their existence is because printing out all the full color warscrolls would literally be more expensive than buying those fucking books.
>>
>>47236891
>Solver a Tower

Fuck you autocorrect.
>>
>>47236554
>pfds or images

Yeah. The online store you dipshit.
>>
>>47233668
Skaven Chieftain with Battle Standard. If you plant it it makes all your rats within 13" skip Battleshocks and reroll hits of 1.

You should be able to shield your character models decently unless you play against a Seraphon player who has Chameleon skins. In that case I'd advise you to pack your stuff, flip the faggot off and find a decent human being to play against.
>>
>>47237107
Just looked those things up.

Holy fuck. 2+ save in cover and ninja skills with fucking murder darts.

I'm chaos daemons too so they really scare the shit out of me.
>>
Are chaos dwarves worth messing with? I have like 40 sword and board guys plus 10 fireglaves and 3 or 4 on food heros left, and a dreadquake morter as my only war machine (I sold the rest of the train)
>>
>>47237211
Except for the Saurus Warriors, something most Sera players like to whine about that they are too weak, almost every Seraphon unit is a special kind of retarded. Literal No Fun Allowed army for the opponent.
>>
>>47237224
Chaos Dwarves are pretty darn strong. Again, until we have points we can't say anything concrete though. for now - if you like the models go for it
>>
>>47237224
Quite frankly, thanks to all the "FW is overpowered" idiots, the Chaos Dwarves are very, very weak. Fireglaives for example are exactly as good in melee as Irondrakes. Keep in mind, Fireglaives swing great big honking glaives around while Irondrakes punch people who get too close.

On the other hand, a small posse of the guys is probably very fun. Just have a think about whether you want to count your Fireglaives as Fyreslayer Auric Hearthguard.
>>
>>47237280
How so?

I looked through the GA Order book and the seemed alright to me. Like the lawful version of my gribbly little shites.

I actually really like their lore too. If it wasn't for the fact that I don't like Aztec stuff I would probably start them.
>>
>>47237280
Regular seraphon are stronger than most basic infantry aren't they? They get an extra atack because of their shields, albeit a weak one, and immunity to -1 rend, seemingly for ''free''
>>
>>47237349
Okay, a brief rundown.

>Carnosaurs punish you for rolling well on Battleshock, which is a special kind of evil.
>Slann can summon whatever the fuck they want and can cast three spells a turn
>Kroak can snipe all your Heroes dead in 3 turns tops
>Saurus Guard can be buffed up to 1+ save and 12 Bravery with very little trouble
>Engine of the Gods can force you to SKIP YOUR TURN
>Bastiladons have unrendable 3+ save and a 4+ save against mortal wounds and shoot you dead with laser beams that have high range and damage
>Chameleon Skinks are a finecast fuck you if there ever was one
>Ripperdactyls can have infinite attacks if set up correctly
>they have lots of overpowered Battalions

I think that about covers it.
>>
>>47237540

Why is an army only girls play so ridiculously OP?
>>
>>47237609
>an army only girls play
I think you just answered your own question.
>>
>>47237540
Basically this. And guess what every Sera player I ever played, even those who say they play 'fluffy' slam on the table?

-Kroak
-Skinkpriests + Guard
-Bastiladon
-Ripper
-20+ Chameleon skins who turned out to be normal skinks they paint green because "So expensive!"

But I guess it can be considered friendly if they don't pull their fucking Battalions.
>>
File: 2015-12-18 16.40.23.jpg (62 KB, 398x589) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-18 16.40.23.jpg
62 KB, 398x589
>>47237540
Aw jeez.

Thanks for the info.
>>
File: 2015-12-11 16.34.02.gif (2 MB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-11 16.34.02.gif
2 MB, 500x272
>>47237224
Having read through their warscrolls, I can say I was very unimpressed.

Nothing stands out as being strong. Heck, it even commits the son of being somewhat boring. All the unique abilities everything has are really quite minor. Which sucks.

Even the big bad super dudes you have are pretty unimpressive.

I dunno. It's like FW kind of phoned it in.
>>
>>47237540
>finecast fuck you
praise kek
>>
>>47237670
>>47237540
Deeyum so last night I played my first game of AoS with a good bud who started Seraphon (assumed they just be same pisslizards, ended up being the mary sues that they are but he ain't complaining)

I ran 20 grave guard and Krell with his legacy rules versus 5 of his Saurus Guard and Old Blood on a Carno.

Took about 5 turns and while I did kill his dudes, by fucking god they were just ridiculous on the combat. For all my shitty rolling, the nigga kept saving all of it. And the god damn Carn is just a filthy fuck in CC that imaging a bigger game or when he finishes his army just scared me to high heaven.

Other than that we used some comp house rules from the pastebin and overall we had a dank time playing the game. I really enjoy the skirmish aspect without the complexity of so many rules that you can set up games like take 2 hours at most but can be shorter.

But holy fuck the Lizards and their wizards man.
>>
>>47237224
Do you like trains, artillery and train artillery? If so, yes, chaos dorfs are killer.
They also have a nice selection of monstrous infantry.
Do you like actual chaos dwarfs in your army? Then the answer is a big, fat NO. Chaos dwarf troops are in every way inferior to regular dwarfes. Our local chaos dawi guy just runs his fireglaives as irondrakes, ironsworn as ironbrakers and heroes and warmachines after the obvious choice. He just abstains from using bull-centaurs and k'daai.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.