[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too Many Primarchs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: primarch-cartoon.jpg (181 KB, 960x738) Image search: [Google]
primarch-cartoon.jpg
181 KB, 960x738
GW has recently announced that they are going to do a complete reboot of their warhammer 40k series, starting from the ground up.

Most of the lore will remain the same, but it will be made a bit lighter and more user friendly to newer players, and to that end, they have decided that 20 primarchs is too many, and to choose a more serrendiptitous number like 7, 8, 11, or 13.

Which Primarchs do you think are redundant, do not have enough of a personality to carry a story on their own, whos units are boring or unoriginal, or who you could just plain do without?
>>
File: 000000000000000000000.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
000000000000000000000.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
>>47207628
well we keep the important ones

>alpharius
>omegron
>sanguinus
>rogal dorn
>magnus
>horus
>leman russ
>girlyman

there you go, 8 primarchs. 4 fall to chaos, one for each god, 4 stay loyal.

i'm applying for gw story team in the summer wish me luck
>>
>>47207675
Alphy and Omegon are one.

You could throw Lorgar in there.

I think that's pretty reasonable.
>>
>>47207675
>not bad, senpai.
>>
>>47207675
yeah, but didn't a bunch of them die?

what about vulkan? his units pretty distinct.
>>
This can't be real
>>
>>47207628
20 Primarchs? You mean 18? There are only 17 primarchs, anon.

Also, it really bothers me that your pic isn't in a 1-20 order.
>>
Rawbutt, Dorn, Sanguinius, Leman Russ, Token for the imperium

Lorgar, Fulgrim, Angron, Magnus, Mortarion for Chaos. Lorgar becomes new heresiarch, remove Horus.
>>
Being a work of fiction they can just write books and expand the info on each one to make them all seem important..

The ones I could do without though:
>perty
>moratarion
>Ferrus Manus
>Khan
>El'Jonson
>Alpharius
>Curze
>Russ
>Corax
>>
>>47207628
>Lion dies at Caliban when it explodes
>Fulgrim and his Daemon possesson kill each other in mental battle
>Perturabo is killed in orbit over Sebastus IV by Fist reinforcements
>Khan is assassinated by the Alpha Legion after the Battle of Terra is won.
>Russ is killed by Tzeentch empowered Magnus
>Dorn is killed at the Iron Cage
>Curze allows himself to be assassinated after the Heresy, but the assassin is unknown
>Sanguinius is killed by Horus
>Ferrus Manus gets head cut off as normal and the Iron Warriors still search for his head, which is
>Angron is killed by vengeful Ultramarines who surround him on Calth, completely consumed by the Nails
>Guilliman killed on Calth by Angron, who's Nails went into overdrive from the stress of fighting a Primarch one on one
>Mortarion is assassinated by Typhon so the Legion can be given to Nurgle
>Magnus is destroyed by Sanguinius and the Emperor at the Battle of Terra
>Horus is killed by the Emperor, as usual
>Lorgar is killed by a Nails-mad Angron
>Vulkan is killed at the Drop Site Massacre by Lorgar
>Corax is killed at the Drop Site Massacre by Curze
>One is killed by Guilliman as in canon, another was killed by traitors during the Battle of Terra probably

Kill 'Em All
>>
>>47207628
Ther's literally not a single Primarch that isn't a Warp entity, and those aren't relevant.
>>
Just remove the primarchs that GW itself doesn't seem to care about.

>Apharius
>Khan
>Manus
>Vulkan
>Curze
>Corax
>Mortarion (just give Pert the plague marines, no difference)

Boom, there ya go.
>>
>>47207628
Am I missing something about the fucking psychotic order they were put in in this pic?
>>
>>47208391
> perty
Hey! How dare you pick on poor Perturabo! He did nothing wrong!
>>
>>47211773
>He did nothing!
FTFY.
>>
Kill bird boy, he's only important because he died at Horus' hands
>>
>>47208125
Vulkan is good (and it wins black people brownie points) and I'd say that Fulgrim is valuable too.
>>
>>47214056
Only a tenth of the time.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.