[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would you save?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Hello, /tg/

Tell me about your party members.

BUT

This time there's a TWEEST! After doing that you must answer this simple question:

If you could only save one of your party members from imminent death (as in everyone else will die horribly) who would you save? Feel free to list your IC and OOC choices if they differ.
>>
OOC I would save my character, who is a moucheur*/look-out in a pirate crew.
IC I would save my captain, because I see her as my own daughter and failed to save her mother. And anyway my character is a bit old so why not save someone who is still young?

*don't know how to translate this in english, it's a kind of sniper
>>
>>47208505
It is not implicit at all. There is plenty of situations where you can save someone by sacrifying yourself.
>>
File: 1454593369315.jpg (155 KB, 1000x728) Image search: [Google]
1454593369315.jpg
155 KB, 1000x728
>>47207609
There's

(D&D5E)
>myself, the rifleman dabbling in basic magics
>the rogue doorkicker armed with a blunderbuss
>the tiefling barbarian, full of childlike wonder
>the ranger, Geralt on steroids but with a personality
>the elf paladin, acts as party leader despite nobody listening to him
>the dark elf druid, bit of a wild card

Obviously, I save the trigger happy rogue because she's my twin sister.
>>
IC - I'd probably save my NPC companion. He's my character's cousin and they are dwarves, so family is super important.

OOC - I save the other paladin.
>>
>>47207609
>A former circus performer and mayoral candidate turned freedom fighter with more optimism than brains. Me.
>The second son of a noble who wants to earn his dad's love, and whose petty childhood rival rewrote reality in his image.
>A former nun who joined the army after being kicked out of the convent.

I try to save everyone, even if we all die instead. Prior does not think things through too well.
>>
>>47207609
Our party consists mostly of NPCs, though this is because the GM tries to compensate for a 3-person party that is two/three martials and a utility wiz. I'll list the main 5
>Fighter
Your typical greatsword user, tears through encounters like tissue paper. The party leader because none of our characters have any sort of experience with it, the formal party face. One of those guys that wants to be the good guy, has seen enough shit to know that's not the best option, but seen just too much and sometimes forget being the good guy is still an option. Rocky relationships but has settled on one girl.
>Rogue
Exists entirely on the fighter's coattails, they were built to work off of each other. Has a crush on the fighter but doesn't want to rock the boat. Doesn't like the ranger due to his insubordination towards the fighter, as well as many early-game grievances.
>Ranger
My character, the token "different race" member. Mains bow but also dual-wields if it gets to melee range. Is the nice guy that handles things through hugs and non-violence and gets away with it, making him the negotiator party face. Fighter really wants his lucky streak to end so the bubble bursts. Bard hooked up with him after a jungle trek and they've been lovey-dovey since.
>Wizard
Resident awkward nerd that knows his shit but sometimes has trouble applying it. Tries to balance utility and fight and almost has enough spells to do so. Sense of smart makes him the patient party face. Met up with a nice baker NPC and taught her some magic.
>Bard
GM's character that became an NPC after he took over the game from our old GM. Is the "actual" pacifist and sticks to straight buffs and heals unless cornered. Informal party face. Hopeless romantic.

IC, my character would save the bard, as they've had a romance thing going for a good few months now.
OOC, too diverse a cast of NPCs to choose, probably my own character though, he'll live long enough to find a new party and mourn the old.
>>
>>47207609
That's a hard question but probably the party paladin, my characters wife.

He'd probably burst into flames if you presented him with a no win situation like this though. He's pretty hard line Good despite being a warlock.
>>
>>47207609
>Barbarian: Tribal fuck with some kinda accent. Is super insecure about his strength. His player is normally a complete troll, but that hasn't quite materialized here yet.
>Bard: Wants to play some kind of shamanistic necro-dancer (wakedancer from MtG) but didn't even pick animate dead. Doesn't even make necromancy related puns or sing about raising the dead. 0/10 I think she's a failure as a character.
>Fighter: Inquisitor-lady with a Russian accent. Has opinions about things. I'm indifferent because there's been almost no character development for her yet.

OOC: Probably the barbarian, because he actually roleplays a little and told a cool story once. I hope the other two will make characters who are more interesting and fun next time.

IC: Again probably the barbarian, because he doesn't want to be rezzed ("if I die it's because I wasn't strong enough") and has the strength stat to carry the other two's remains to a safe place. I'll save him so I can hopefully rez the other two. Also he's the only one I'd trust to protect me on my way back to town.
>>
>Sorceress, got the heart of a dragon and set to become the dragon goddess of magic
>Fighter, killed the iron/war god and inherited his divinity
>Bard, had been kidnapped by the nature goddess and will possibly become her partner
>Rogue, won divinity by accident and the current goddess of luck
>Cleric, found a powerful, ancient goddess deep within the earth and set to return her to prominence

I'd probably save the sorceress since she's always been kind to my character, and the most likely to do good by the setting. Also there's no way in hell the rogue is going to die.
>>
OOC, that's way too fucking easy. I am going to side with the one player that isn't a That Guy who knows how to play the game and has a character worth roleplaying with.

IC, my character's definitely in a relationship with the level 19 monk. Main reason why my Elder Sign Paladin would want to save her is that she's got a big role even compared to most our other party.
>>
>>47211475
Elder Sign Paladin? That's a /tg/ homebrew from that one guys PDF right? Would you happen to have that saved?
>>
>>47208698
IRL or IC?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.