[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys im up to starting to join some of my friends in their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: photo-original.jpg (378 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
378 KB, 1536x864
Hey guys im up to starting to join some of my friends in their Mutants and Masterminds playgroup.

I have no idea what kind of stuff will go on there and i have absolutly no idea what kind of character i should play and so on. My DM said "think about a power you would like to have and i will see how i bring it into play".

Any tips, ideas, opinions or suggestions?

My first idea was a hero who manipulates time... but i think this would be much to overpowerd for a hero in a rpg i guess...

>Also M&M / Superhero general if you like!
>>
Think about what kind of character you would want to read a comic about.
>>
>>47205844
There already is a superhero general actually.
>>
>>47206026
its just some big chargen for NPCs nobody will ever use though
>>
>>47205844
It also might be a good idea to see what other stuff your group has. If you got an an iron man, a batman, and Doctor strange, maybe have your powers be a mutation rather than tech/bought/magic just to get your bases covered and a way differentiate your character from the others and flesh him out
>>
>>47205979
>>47206063
Well im totaly in the indea of time manipulation bu ive no idea what kind of powerlevel i would need for this. my DM said they play with a power level 10... but i never read the rulebook and so.... ive no idea if that would work
>>
>>47206127
You misunderstand. PL 10 is enough to do basically anything you want. If you specialize, you could be immortal and immune to all damage. You could easily be a time-manipulating guy.

But would this be interesting? That's the real question. What kind of time-manipulation are you talking about?
>>
>>47206197
The idea of this character comes from my favourite game prince of persia. The Hero (name is Paradox) is able to spin the clock back for up to 10 seconds.

He also had (an old story of the Hero Paradox i designed as a child) some much stronger abilitys (time travel through the ages of mankind and so on) but he lost close to all of his power when he left is own time space continuum and dimension to survive a galactical catastrophe he could not prevent.

Now he lost 90% of his might and is traped in our dimension of time and space and uses his power to protect and to find a way back to his old godlike power to form time and space and so on...

ok if PL 10 is enough for this... and my DM told me the rulebook gives you PL 1 to 20... what the hell is 20?
>>
>>47206335
Think of it like this way. PL 6 is street level, or very young heroes. PL 8 is like the Teen Titans, or Young Justice. PL 10-15 is like the Avengers or the Justice League. PL 20 are cosmic-level heroes, like if Galactus suddenly started to save planets rather than eat them.
>>
>>47206335
Being able to rewind time, even 10 seconds could end up being a headache in mechanical terms. How often can he do it?
>>
>>47206335
You could make it so that his powers are limited to himself and objects that he focuses on (Throwing knives that fly "back" into your hand and freezing falling debris in time to make a barrier). It wouldn't make him immune to attack, but he would be tricky to deal with since you could rewind a grievous injury or chokehold.

The backstory is also okay, and gives you character motivation and room to (re)grow. Just try not to be obvious by lifting from PoP directly
>>
>>47206452
Well i designed the power as a kid when i watched saturday morning cartoons and played Prince of Persia... so... of course he could use it over and over again. He hasn't even be prepered to use ist so a sniper could shoot in his head and he could reset his dead and avoid the bullet after this.

But i know its realy strong and close to what a friend of mine calles a mary sue character who is immortal and unbeatable... and i also know its much to broken for a RPG.

Thats why i ask if this would be possible and ok to play in a PL 10 playgroup. But i think he needs many cuts and drawbacks or limitations on his abilitys if i like to use this realy in an RPG.
>>
I don't care about you, your character, your campaign, or this thread in general, but I really like the challenge of statting things out in M&M because it's one of my favorite generalist systems.

Describe, succinctly, what sort of role you want him to fulfill, describe each of the powers you wish him to have using a single sentence, and I will attempt to stat him for you. So far I have "Prince of Persia, reverse time up to 10 seconds" which is probably enough to go off of, but I wanted to cement that detail and any others before I started crunching.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.